Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Didn’t realize Robin was moving to LA. Thought she was going to work at a tv station in Dallas. 

I think LA refers to Louisiana, not Los Angeles. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

Didn’t realize Robin was moving to LA. Thought she was going to work at a tv station in Dallas. 

It's actually Lake Charles, Louisiana.  I took a screen grab rather than link.  I have a feeling she will make her account private again after her birthday today.  I am really going to miss Robin but hope she has a blast performing her new job.

Robin new gig.jpg

• Love 5
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Probably alone in my thinking but not a fan.  I don't think she gets the sexy mouth any more than Savannah does.  Just my 2 cents worth.

You're not alone.  While this is a decent picture of Christina (and I do admit that), if she'd shut her mouth all the way but kept all other things the same, it would a much better picture.  I'm not a fan of hers in general (as if THAT isn't obvious) and most of her pictures just haven't been up to par with the majority of the other girls.

• Love 6

If Tyra and ANTM taught me nothing, it's that being pretty and thin don't make you a model. This shoot has just reinforced that.

Anyway, Christina is far from the worst.

I'll be interested to see what the final calendar looks like. They couldn't have released the best pics.

Also, who the hell actually purchases these calendars? The internet is swarmed with sexier and better technically and more visually interesting pics of scantily clad women. This calendar should have died in the early 2000's.

• Love 12

Not to hate on Christina, I think she is cute, but did anyone notice that even in the swimsuit fitting photos, she was pulling her bathing suit bottoms down? ugggggggggg

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Ha! In the Season 7 calendar shoot episode, I think they did go into little detail about how they go through all the pictures and decide which one go into the calendar(s).

I remember Kelli throwing back a beer at one point LOL

13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

You're not alone.  While this is a decent picture of Christina (and I do admit that), if she'd shut her mouth all the way but kept all other things the same, it would a much better picture.  I'm not a fan of hers in general (as if THAT isn't obvious) and most of her pictures just haven't been up to par with the majority of the other girls.

i think that pic has the most likes tho of any other solo pics on the dcc insta from the shoot...there are a few in the 4k range but only like the first one of Kash had more than it.  not that that's always indicative of who gets a pic but....

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i think that pic has the most likes tho of any other solo pics on the dcc insta from the shoot...there are a few in the 4k range but only like the first one of Kash had more than it.  not that that's always indicative of who gets a pic but....

I just looked and it looks like Rachel’s with the blue bikini at the beginning is just in front of Christina! Kash is in the lead with Gina on the red wood thing followed right behind!

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I haven't even looked at who has the most "likes", but those of us here have the only opinions that matter (outside of those who actually work for the Cowboys and make the decisions).  /s (or LOL, take your pick) It just goes to show that not everyone has the same taste in terms of beauty.  Even among those of us here, we don't always agree on the girls in terms of looks, personality, dance ability, etc.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I haven't even looked at who has the most "likes", but those of us here have the only opinions that matter (outside of those who actually work for the Cowboys and make the decisions).  /s (or LOL, take your pick) It just goes to show that not everyone has the same taste in terms of beauty.  Even among those of us here, we don't always agree on the girls in terms of looks, personality, dance ability, etc.

I kind of get a kick checking out the likes on IG. ;o) . I have a feeling Kelli pays attention to them in some capacity.  In this age of SM it's a usable gauge for what folks are responding to.  After all, the goal is to sell as many calendars as possible.  I'm not saying it's the be all, end all, only that it's a usable tool.  I know if I were in her shoes, I'd give it some consideration.

Just for fun, I checked.  Gina's shot on the red wood is now over 5k likes.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Khalyn's gap between her two front teeth remind me of the one model from the 1970's and 1980's who also had a gap between her front teeth. Goes to prove beauty is not just skin deep.

Lauren Hutton.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Khalyn's gap between her two front teeth remind me of the one model from the 1970's and 1980's who also had a gap between her front teeth. Goes to prove beauty is not just skin deep.

Were you thinking of Lauren Hutton?

lauren-hutton.jpg

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, go4luca said:

Probably alone in my thinking but not a fan.  I don't think she gets the sexy mouth any more than Savannah does.  Just my 2 cents worth.

In my opinion, since the girls can't see themselves, this is where the photographer would step in and ask them to relax their mouth, or to smile, or to pout.  He should coach them thru these photo shoots, especially since this is their first calendar shoot.

Also, did anyone watch the Tampa Bay cheerleaders' 2006 special on their squad?  They are at their calendar shoot and they are practicing their facials from a list they've been given.  Perhaps the DCC should do this.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Or Lauren Hutton. Wow, I just dated myself. Lol

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Were you thinking of Lauren Hutton?

lauren-hutton.jpg

Sorry guess I should have scrolled down first.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gigi88 said:

It looks like I am the only one that likes Christina on the team and glad to see her back ?‍♀️

I'm a Christina fan as well (:

• Love 9
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Beauty doesn't mean perfection :) I love her gap!!! To me, she is probably the most naturally beautiful girl on the squad.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Roo22 said:
10 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

It looks like I am the only one that likes Christina on the team and glad to see her back ?‍♀️

I'm a Christina fan as well (:

So am I!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

So am I!

Me too! Heather looks great in those pictures. If they do not put Khalyn and Yuko in the swimsuit calendar, we might need to send a few of us down to DCC Land and lead a protest.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Me too! Heather looks great in those pictures. If they do not put Khalyn and Yuko in the swimsuit calendar, we might need to send a few of us down to DCC Land and lead a protest.

Who do you think will make the swimsuit calendar 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Who do you think will make the swimsuit calendar 

Heather, Yuko, Gina, Alexis, Khalyn, Lexie, KaShara, Lacey, and Tasha at least.

Edited by bigskygirl

I bet also Rachel and Savannah. I'm in the not loving Savannah's photos camp, but they have been showing her as a favorite on this trip so I think it's reasonable to guess that she'll show up in the calendar. I think Rachel is the hot girl next door and she is looking very fit. A notable difference from her rookie camp! I also love her dancing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I love Christina in this picture & I think the suit looks great on her (although I'd prefer if she had her arm down instead of the "pulling down the bottoms" thing)...

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
On 5/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, go4luca said:

It's actually Lake Charles, Louisiana.  I took a screen grab rather than link.  I have a feeling she will make her account private again after her birthday today.  I am really going to miss Robin but hope she has a blast performing her new job.

Robin new gig.jpg

Hey!  I live there! I didn't even put 2 and 2 together when I saw her on the news.  

Something about Heather’s look just doesn’t resonate with me. I don’t think she’s unattractive or anything, but even in the pics that everyone else seems to like that were posted above, I just don’t see it. When i was scrolling through quickly, I actually thought they were some 90s style Glamour shots at first lol.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Something about Heather’s look just doesn’t resonate with me. I don’t think she’s unattractive or anything, but even in the pics that everyone else seems to like that were posted above, I just don’t see it. When i was scrolling through quickly, I actually thought they were some 90s style Glamour shots at first lol.

I agree. I've never been a big fan of her look. She just has a weird hairline and face in general. I have liked some of her pics though. But mostly I don't find her that attractive. Definitely unique looking though, which can be a good thing.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I love Christina in this picture & I think the suit looks great on her (although I'd prefer if she had her arm down instead of the "pulling down the bottoms" thing)...

So over the pull your trunks down look on everyone !!!! They need to find something different !

Honestly I am totally done and over with professiona cheerleaders doing swimsuit calendar shoots.  Do they really make enough money off the calendars to justify 10 days on-site at an exclusive resort along with the extra persons that travel with the team ?  These ladies are dancers not models.  Most all look forced, uncomfortable, sometimes even scared facials and you can tell they really don’t know what they are doing .  I say let them do what they know : DANCE

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

These ladies are dancers not models.  Most all look forced, uncomfortable, sometimes even scared facials and you can tell they really don’t know what they are doing .  I say let them do what they know : DANCE

But...but...they do the Belk runway thing! :)

• Love 6
On 5/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, NicoleS9954 said:

Judy looks amazing in that first pic! :) she always does! Love her, she could pass for a current Cheerleader :) 

I was just going to ask who the new blonde cheerleader was on the right! (;

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lfedncr said:

So over the pull your trunks down look on everyone !!!! They need to find something different !

Honestly I am totally done and over with professiona cheerleaders doing swimsuit calendar shoots.  Do they really make enough money off the calendars to justify 10 days on-site at an exclusive resort along with the extra persons that travel with the team ?  These ladies are dancers not models.  Most all look forced, uncomfortable, sometimes even scared facials and you can tell they really don’t know what they are doing .  I say let them do what they know : DANCE

I do remember a few years ago when Kelli said the Sidelines Calendars had better sales than the Swimsuit Calendars. No idea if this is still true today. I can imagine the cost for the shoot.

Btw, do they still do the Belk runway modeling? I thought they axe it. I also wonder if they still do the fashion do's and don't segment anymore.

20 hours ago, ByTor said:

Can somebody tell Christina to stop doing this in every picture? That thing isn't sexy or classy.

As for Rachel's swimsuit...yes definitely girl next door/classy/america's sweetheart. What were they thinking?

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember a few years ago when Kelli said the Sidelines Calendars had better sales than the Swimsuit Calendars. No idea if this is still true today. I can imagine the cost for the shoot.

Yeah, I would imagine that even if the sideline calendars had lower sales, they could still have higher profits due to the cost of the swimsuit shoot.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I've bought the sidelines calendar--thought it would be strange for a woman to buy the swimsuit calendar...

Didn't buy either for 2018 but might for 2019. ?

• Love 1
On 5/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, bigskygirl said:

TOTALLY agree!! Khalyn and Yuko didn't take a bad pic...although there was that one questionable suit on Yuko...her face looked great though :) 

• Love 1
On 5/29/2018 at 1:11 PM, ByTor said:

On 5/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, dreamcatcher said:

As for Rachel's swimsuit...yes definitely girl next door/classy/america's sweetheart. What were they thinking?

My first thought, "She has that top on backwards." ???

• Love 4
On 5/29/2018 at 5:29 PM, lfedncr said:

Honestly I am totally done and over with professiona cheerleaders doing swimsuit calendar shoots.

I so agree. How creepy is it to buy a swimsuit calendar? I don’t think fans like the ones here on this board who appreciate the hard work and talent of the cheerleaders are the ones buying the swimsuit calendar...I think it’s creepy dudes who feel comfortable hanging a calendar of nearly naked young women in their home or work space or something. No thank you.

• Love 5