Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Let’s rewind and note that we don’t know why Lauren hasn’t had any pics. It’s all presumption that she’s refused for religious reasons. It may just not be her day yet. Maybe her luggage was lost and she doesn’t have anything to wear. Who knows.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Let’s rewind and note that we don’t know why Lauren hasn’t had any pics. It’s all presumption that she’s refused for religious reasons. It may just not be her day yet. Maybe her luggage was lost and she doesn’t have anything to wear. Who knows.

She may be sick or her day has not come up yet. I have seen her in the day four video.

21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Here is another one. Molly’s arm just looks awkward. Seems like the photographer should be giving better direction. 

I do generally like the swimsuits better this year than last.

They are taking the pictures from below. No one looks good like that..... it’s so much more flattering for the camera to be placed higher. Not sure if that makes sense. Virtually every photo they’ve posted has been taken from this angle and I’m convinced that’s why so many of the photos look so bad.

• Love 8

Obviously K and J would have known if she wasn't doing the swimsuit shoots before taking her, and they took her anyway and brought her back to the team so it's not an issue for them. They have done appearances already and she was there, as well as helping out during the shoots they did with the other girls.  It's not the same as Angela picking or choosing what to go to. She's there she's "working" and participating. 

Honestly some of the poses they use with the strings untied and making it look like the girls are topless, the backside riding up into their butt cracks and the sexy faces/poses I see more hypocrisy with them getting mad on some social media posts of the girls instead of her opting out. 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Love this picture of Gina

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Gina’s pictures on the photoshoot. 

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

They are taking the pictures from below. No one looks good like that..... it’s so much more flattering for the camera to be placed higher. Not sure if that makes sense. Virtually every photo they’ve posted has been taken from this angle and I’m convinced that’s why so many of the photos look so bad.

Exactly. Even when I’m just out and about with friends and we’re taking pics, i always ask the picture-taker to stand up if we (the ppl being photographed) are standing. It’s not complicated. Pictures from below always look worse, and IMO, tend to make ppl look bigger than they are. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

This to me is how a sexy face should be done. She has the little smirk, with the mouth closed. I still say the sexy smirk pictures of Savannah look off because of how she has her mouth. The ones of her smiling look sooooo much better. Over all if you are going to do sexy face, do it right. I think Gina looks amazing here. She's never been a wower to me before either. 

• Love 4

I was just thinking with this discussion about why Lauren may or may not shoot...

There was a girl on America's Next Top Model that was super religious, and she refused to pose in lingerie, but was perfectly fine with posing in swimwear. Even though they show the same amount of skin pretty much..so who knows. Oh and that meme on Facebook where girls are okay with showing off in bikinis but hide if someone sees them in underwear. Lol I can get it.

• Love 1

I admit I was secretly hoping to see Lauren in a swimsuit because she is so darn adorable with a great figure, and I was hoping she would make it into the swimsuit calendar. I may not understand her reasoning behind her not wanting to pose and take pictures if the rumor is true, but I will and she will survive if she decides not to do it. I just hope she is not sick since Amy said in the podcast yesterday the girls were being bitten by fleas while they were at the beach and were covered in bites and trying not to scratch.

2 hours ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

This is a great photo. Photoshop the streaky tan, and I wouldn't mind it being the cover. It's always amazing to me when some of the less-than-gorgeous girls photograph better than the extremely pretty ones. I never thought Jinelle was beautiful, for example, but I thought she took amazing photos.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit I was secretly hoping to see Lauren in a swimsuit because she is so darn adorable with a great figure, and I was hoping she would make it into the swimsuit calendar. I may not understand her reasoning behind her not wanting to pose and take pictures if the rumor is true, but I will and she will survive if she decides not to do it. I just hope she is not sick since Amy said in the podcast yesterday the girls were being bitten by fleas while they were at the beach and were covered in bites and trying not to scratch.

I figured they would have Lauren re-create that Farrah Fawcett pose.

00161.jpg.8c420a1d5f7ba841a76a4d588bb43533.jpg

• Love 3

I feel so old. I remembered when the Farrah swimsuit t-shirt came out, and a few teachers did not think it was okay for the boys to wear it to school.

I like the one picture of Gina too. I could see it in the calendar.

21 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I was just thinking with this discussion about why Lauren may or may not shoot...

There was a girl on America's Next Top Model that was super religious, and she refused to pose in lingerie, but was perfectly fine with posing in swimwear. Even though they show the same amount of skin pretty much..so who knows. Oh and that meme on Facebook where girls are okay with showing off in bikinis but hide if someone sees them in underwear. Lol I can get it.

Aw. . . Shannon from Cycle One.  I get what her thought process might have been with that one as one (swimwear) was MEANT to be seen and worn outside the home while the other (lingerie) was not meant to be seen outside the bedroom, if then, and rarely if ever, seen before marriage.  There were at least two other girls (Robin and Anna) who had made it onto the show and had issues with posing nude and another (Ginger? who auditioned in Cycle 7 but didn't make it) who also had issues.  If I remember correctly, Shannon wasn't being hypocritical at all while Robin was (at the fashion house, Robin shimmied topless while Mr. Jay looked on, but then turned around and refused to do a nude shoot; granted Mr. Jay is gay and not interested, which made him "safe" but still).  However, neither here nor there.

I find it very interesting that, of the girls at the shoot, we've seen multiple shots of pretty much every girl there except for Lauren and Christina on social media and the Dallas Cowboys website and even Lauren made it into at least one candid shot that was posted on her Instagram page (I'm not counting the Insta-stories because those don't stay up on the Instagram page for more than 24 hours).  Correct me if I'm wrong and Christina's in more posted shots than a two-second clip in the video that she's posted on her own Instagram (and an Insta-story).

• Love 1

Yeah I also remember Shannon in cycle 17(the all Stars cycle). At one photoshoot Mr. Jay was confused cause she refused to model in this lingerie, that looked more like swimwear, just because it was lingerie. It looked like a swimsuit and I'm pretty sure they were on the beach in that shoot, but it was "technically" lingerie. Like how can you do one and not the other? But like I said I do get how bikinis are meant to be seen and underwear isn't, depending. 

• Love 1

Lauren was on Maddie's Insta Story this morning, digging through a bag. Khalyn and Tara were also in the video, both in various stages of getting ready to shoot.

IMG_3204.PNG.9135982e2b4da7ca4cdba97a591961b4.PNG

But then later on Maddie's Insta Story, only Khalyn, Tara, and Maddie are in robes, so I dunno....

IMG_3205.PNG.9e6350cbd7a069ed6602fb378e3e0ffc.PNG

1 minute ago, JennOnTheGo said:

Lauren was on Maddie's Insta Story this morning, digging through a bag. Khalyn and Tara were also in the video, both in various stages of getting ready to shoot.

But then later on Maddie's Insta Story, only Khalyn, Tara, and Maddie are in robes, so I dunno....

Just frickin odd. 

55 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah I also remember Shannon in cycle 17(the all Stars cycle). At one photoshoot Mr. Jay was confused cause she refused to model in this lingerie, that looked more like swimwear, just because it was lingerie. It looked like a swimsuit and I'm pretty sure they were on the beach in that shoot, but it was "technically" lingerie. Like how can you do one and not the other? But like I said I do get how bikinis are meant to be seen and underwear isn't, depending. 

I saw bits and pieces of Cycle 17 and only heard about the aftermath regarding what happened with Angelea.  We'll never know what exactly happened with that (legalese aside), but I get your point.  At that point, Shannon was taking it a BIT too far, but it's her choice.  She just had to take the consequences of that choice (and the questioning).

As far as I know, the only one we haven't seen a picture of on social media (other than Insta-stories) from Bimini is Christina.  Are there any other girls we haven't seen?  Lauren doesn't count because she was in a picture posted on her Instagram, but as far as we can tell, she isn't doing the photo shoots.

1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

As far as I know, the only one we haven't seen a picture of on social media (other than Insta-stories) from Bimini is Christina.  Are there any other girls we haven't seen?  Lauren doesn't count because she was in a picture posted on her Instagram, but as far as we can tell, she isn't doing the photo shoots.

Haven’t seen any of Tara posing either. Only one I have seen of her is her in the robe above on Madeline’s ig story. 

4 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Haven’t seen any of Tara posing either. Only one I have seen of her is her in the robe above on Madeline’s ig story. 

So we have 3 girls (Lauren, Tara and Christina) out of 21 who haven't shown up on social media or on the Dallas Cowboys website, yet there are multiple pictures (including bad ones) of the rest.  One girl (Lauren) supposedly asked to be excused from the shoots for whatever reason so that leaves 2 girls out of 20 (excluding Lauren).  Anyone else not seeing some of the girls?

I was really surprised when Maddie did the calendar shoot the first year, honestly, because she seems so dialed in to her faith. That could just be because of the snippet of her interview we saw tho, and I remember snorting and thinking that the interviewer (Shannon?) has clearly never watched Dancing with the Stars. I swear half those dancers are Mormon at any given time and during some of the Latin dances they are practically naked. Part of the job I guess! I guess it’s like any other religion...some stick to the “rules” always (the special Mormon undergarments) and others are cool to let it hang out for romance novel covers.   

I absolutely get the line drawn between being photographed in a sexy pair of bikini bottoms with half your bum hanging out and wearing the sexy uniform, though. Seems very reasonable to ask to not be considered for the calendar shoot in the same way a teammate would ask to not be considered for Show group. It’s an extra thing, not a requirement, and there are plenty of vets to fill a calendar for those who prefer even to keep a small bit of themselves to themselves. 

And it might not even be tied to religion. Some are just more modest than others. I’m all for cleavage but I wouldn’t my ass hanging out either. Personal preference doesn’t have to be logical. 

• Love 7

Folks, mentions of cuts at finals are considered spoilers here. If it's easier, disucssion can be brought over to Finals, Training Camp and Social Media. Please be aware of the topic when posting.

6 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

Folks, mentions of cuts at finals are considered spoilers here. If it's easier, disucssion can be brought over to Finals, Training Camp and Social Media. Please be aware of the topic when posting.

Yikes! Sorry!! I edited my post. Maybe bigskygirl can edit hers as well?

51 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

So we have 3 girls (Lauren, Tara and Christina) out of 21 who haven't shown up on social media or on the Dallas Cowboys website, yet there are multiple pictures (including bad ones) of the rest.  One girl (Lauren) supposedly asked to be excused from the shoots for whatever reason so that leaves 2 girls out of 20 (excluding Lauren).  Anyone else not seeing some of the girls?

I saw Tara in the day 5 video 

After seeing her wearing swimsuits including the tacky picture of her in the one piece and wearing boots for MDC, I hardly doubt she has a problem wearing bikinis or posing for pictures. She is either sick or something happened between finals and the start of calendar shoot which is preventing her from posing for pictures.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

After seeing her wearing swimsuits including the tacky picture of her in the one piece and wearing boots for MDC, I hardly doubt she has a problem wearing bikinis or posing for pictures. She is either sick or something happened between finals and the start of calendar shoot which is preventing her from posing for pictures.

I hope she din't get implants

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Or she did but it hasn’t been posted. We know Christina posed but that hasn’t been posted. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I saw Tara in the day 5 video 

Good, so we know she posed, but we don't really know what her pics look like since they aren't posted anywhere for people to find just yet.

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Christina is in this video on her IG.

This was the only thing I've seen that shows she's down there in a bathing suit and she was only in the video for something like three seconds or so.  Of all the pictures we have of the girls down in Bimini, she isn't in any of them and supposedly her shoot was on either the first or second day so we should have at least seen ONE picture by now and not just her in a video.  Or so I would hope.

44 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Or she did but it hasn’t been posted. We know Christina posed but that hasn’t been posted. 

We don't know why Lauren hasn't appeared in any pictures.  We haven't even seen her in a bathing suit in Bimini unlike Tara and Christina.  Hopefully, if Tara is shooting today, then she'll be in one of the pictures posted eventually.  I seem to remember that, in previous calendar shoots, we've seen at least ONE shot of each returning veteran by this time if not more.  I'll leave it alone for now.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

This was the only thing I've seen that shows she's down there in a bathing suit and she was only in the video for something like three seconds or so.  Of all the pictures we have of the girls down in Bimini, she isn't in any of them and supposedly her shoot was on either the first or second day so we should have at least seen ONE picture by now and not just her in a video.  Or so I would hope.

Maybe she is "on the bubble" so they aren't spending as much time shooting her or featuring her just in case she gets cut during camp. Not a Christina fan over here so I wouldn't be sad to see her go

I think some of the girls just got rained out days for the social media days, so we see so much less of them. Terrible time to go to the Bahamas, weather is bad almost every day this trip, I haven’t seen a single photo of a blue sky. Maybe some girls do better with this than others and I think the photographers and videographers got better at adapting as the days went on with rain or clouds. I won’t judge any of them based on what day they get.. some have been REALLY bad weather days, and more to come. If some got rained out and didn’t get a second social media day yet, they probably won’t have a chance to get a good one as it looks like the bad weather will continue through the weekend. Better if they did this in beautiful sunny Texas!!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I like this picture of Savannah.

After Kelli made fun of that pose at the cameo shoot.......I just can't like it!  (But it is a great pic of her).

18 hours ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Yes she is probably comfortable with that and not the swimsuit calendar because a calendar of you in a swimsuit is MUCH different from dancing at NFL games and appearances... And I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Lauren's boobs are never "exploding out of her top".

She probably did say something before they left. They are probably fine with it.

I'm sorry Mrs. Parker. I really wasn't trying to rip on Lauren. I love Lauren. How can you not. She was my favorite rookie last year.

10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

No clue where this rumor came from, but she didn't have a problem wearing a one-piece.

0914.JPG

080914-cheershow-jw0879.jpg

Those suits show less skin than the Dolphins uniform LOL

12 hours ago, JennOnTheGo said:

Maybe Kelli decided to take Lauren anyway & let her work as an assistant for the shoot. 

• Love 1