Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 5/23/2018 at 7:58 PM, bigskygirl said:

Is it pick the worse swimsuit and pose this year with the calendar shoot?

Christina is that annoying friend who posts a group shot where she's one of the only ones who looks good lol

• Love 18
11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Great shot of Kelli, but their photo editor needs to be fired. If she’s over tanned or wearing too light of makeup, fix it dude! Every year there’s editing mistakes and it makes my head spin. 

I love Kelli, but this is not a good shot. Her thighs look heavy and her smile looks forced. Overall it's just not a good pic.

• Love 4

They finally found a swimsuit for Tasha! She looks so good in that black bikini in that pic with Khalyn. No more one pieces for her, and burn that bikini they put her in for that pic Christina posted where everyone looks bad due to the angle! 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Christina's pictures scream "Pretty girl, not photogenic."  She's been pretty in some previous shots, but she might just be the least photogenic of the bunch.

I guess we all have different tastes, I think Savannah is by far the least photogenic.  I have no idea why they used her for the Cowboys Fit ads...but obviously they disagree & don't care what I think :)

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess we all have different tastes, I think Savannah is by far the least photogenic.  I have no idea why they used her for the Cowboys Fit ads...but obviously they disagree & don't care what I think :)

and I think she's the most photogenic and love her Cowboys Fit photos!! :) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

and I think she's the most photogenic and love her Cowboys Fit photos!! :) 

I think most photogenic (and best looking in the Cowboys Fitness ads) is Khalyn. :)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think most photogenic (and best looking in the Cowboys Fitness ads) is Khalyn. :)

Khalyn is definitely photogenic!! i don't think i saw one bad pic of her from calendar shoot.  

• Love 18
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Khalyn is definitely photogenic!! i don't think i saw one bad pic of her from calendar shoot.  

Even last year she managed to look great in one of the world's most awful swimsuits.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

She's awesome!  She has a natural beauty and I LOVE that she has that little gap in her teeth...beauty isn't always about perfection :) 

• Love 12

They extreme poses (where they suck in their tummies and severely arch their backs cause the rib protrusions.  If they would just pose more naturally and just suck in their tummies only as necessary, they would look so much better. 

• Love 2

Does anyone have a side by side comparison of Rachel then vs. now? She looks like she has seriously lost weight since training camp and she looks great! I was wanting to see an older picture of her next to a new one but I can't find any old ones.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Does anyone have a side by side comparison of Rachel then vs. now? She looks like she has seriously lost weight since training camp and she looks great! I was wanting to see an older picture of her next to a new one but I can't find any old ones.  

I have been thinking the same thing. I think Rachel looks like she is so toned and in shape. She didn't look bad before, but I can definitely tell a difference.

2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

Seriously, after today's pics, they should just book Tasha and Khalyn, and give them the whole calendar.

I agree, I would also add Yuko. The rest all look constipated or overly posed. I absolutely think Savannah's pics would win "worst pics on the trip". There isn't a single one I like. Her face looks like she's taking a dump, or the pose looks awkward, or both. 

• Love 13

Tasha and Khalyn are gorgeous! I don't know what it is about Savannah, but to me, she either looks really good or really bad and I can't figure out why. Smile, no smile, model pout, natural...doesn't matter to me; it's just one or the other and no in-between at all. 

• Love 3

Khalyn, Tasha, Tess, Molly, Yuko, Christina, and Savannah have had my favorite pics.

All the girls look beautiful! Can't wait to see who makes calendar and to see all the girls in the magazine.

• Love 2

Khalyn has such beautiful skin color and she is who I would love to see on the cover. What I love about Yuko lately is how she has matured since her rookie year calendar photos. She is proof that you can have a smaller chest size and still be sexy and womanly.

• Love 12
(edited)

Christina and Savannah share the title of "Most Inconsistent" for their photos.  They have been so hit-and-miss with their pictures that's it's really had to say how good they really are.  There are girls who have been consistently good-to-great, girls who have been consistently average, and then Savannah and Christina who are consistently inconsistent.  I'd say the styling in most cases is what brings the pictures down because the majority of the suits have been average to poor in terms of color and style chosen (while a few have been amazing when on the right body).  The other part has been how the girls are photographed.  In most cases, the angles are poor (which is a photographer issue) or the pose shown isn't very flattering (which, again, is a photographer issue because it's likely the girl was directed to pose like that, though, if she CHOSE that pose, it's all on her which is why I can't entirely blame the photographer on this).

They could attempt to get AMAZING photographers in like Russell James, Joe McNally, and Mario Testino, but I imagine the prices those photographers would charge are astronomical and, with the exception of Russell James, I seriously doubt the others would "stoop" to shooting for a calendar, especially of cheerleaders.  Still, they know how to get the best out of the models.

Edited by EricaShadows

From what I've seen, Khalyn's and Yuko's pics have turned out the best. Christina has a bangin bod, but her face looks awkward or forced in the photos I've seen. 

• Love 5

We all knew Khalyn/Tasha were great from last year.  The shocker to me has been Gina.  Not a fan of her personality or her squinty smile, but girl can take a note!!!  She clearly watch the episode and K&Js comments on her squinty look.  And perhaps she even read the remarkable wisdom from this esteemed group :), but she got the memo!  Girl can't do happy, cheerful, but after a lot of practice she nailed the sexy smirk.

• Love 7

Lauren looks great with straight hair! Honestly I wish they would let the girls change up the hairstyles every once in a while. I get that they want them to maintain their cameo appearance and all, but it gets SO boring seeing nothing but extensions and loose curls (with a few exceptions like Christina and Maddie obviously). I remember seeing an instagram video of Yuko at a dance class and she had straight hair and looked gorgeous. And on the calendar shoot I don't know, maybe switch it up and give a girl a loose braid and put a flower in it or something and photograph her among the local flora. That could be a really pretty shot!

I think I always feel slightly underwhelmed at the calendar shoot because it's kind of boring. And I get that it's a swimsuit calendar and there's only so much they can do to make it interesting, but the shots themselves just feel very same-y. There was a picture they posted of Holly P last year I think where she was leaning up against a surfboard and I don't think you could actually really see her face because the focus was on her body, but it was such a cool shot and looked like it could have been in a magazine. It was much cooler and more modern than a typical DCC swimsuit pic. I don't know if it was an actual calendar shot or something they just posted on instagram, but either way it was really refreshing and not so dated.

I remember in a past season seeing I think McKenzie Lee doing a cute pose on her calendar shoot where she was posing on a bike, and it was adorable. I'd like to see more stuff like that, just get more creative with it! 

• Love 11

I have enjoyed the timing of the calendar shoot this year as it has given us something to discuss between finals and training camp! Also, love that all the girls on the shoot will be squad next year. Last year it was crazy to think that 6 girls went that we’re gone from the squad by end of the summer (Mandy, Allie, Raylee, Heather, Holly, Erica)! ? 

• Love 5
(edited)

The vets did make it to TC, but any of the vets could be cut. I am sure Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are keeping a close eye on the girls after what happened last season during TC and during the season. Going to be an interesting TC again.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I can see Khalyn, Yuko, Alexis, and Gina in the calendar. I think they have said they take around 33,000 pictures during the shoot. I cannot imagine looking at all those pictures.

I'd either shoot myself or be drinking right now.

I'll be shocked if Gina doesn't make the calendar.  Just looking at the likes & comments alone on IG, her shots have garnered quite a bit of attention.  She looks sexy as hell (and I'm into men, lol) and will definitely sell calendars.  Others looked great as well (Khaylin & Yuko for example), but Gina's shots really stood out to me.  I'm curious as to the photos we didn't see.  TBTB certainly aren't going to give everything away just yet. ;o)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I have enjoyed the timing of the calendar shoot this year as it has given us something to discuss between finals and training camp! Also, love that all the girls on the shoot will be squad next year. Last year it was crazy to think that 6 girls went that we’re gone from the squad by end of the summer (Mandy, Allie, Raylee, Heather, Holly, Erica)! ? 

I agree that the timing of the calendar shoot this year is probably the best choice Kelli and Judy (and Charlotte) have made so far, mainly BECAUSE of the drama and the fact that six girls left before the end of Training Camp and three more left by the end of the year.  Granted, two of those three wouldn't have gone on the calendar shoot but still. . . 

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The vets did make it to TC, but any of the vets could be cut. I am sure Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are keeping a close eye on the girls after what happened last season during TC and during the season. Going to be an interesting TC again.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one vet didn't leave by the end of Training Camp.  Whether they leave by choice or by being cut is up for debate as well as if it will be shown.  A vet being cut isn't as shocking as it once was, but we can still see that the veterans don't really expect it to happen so when it does, it's a shock to their system.  It's also a good reminder to not get cocky and EXPECT that your place is still safe until the team has been announced (and some would say, not even then).  If a vet cut DOES happen this year, I'm sure we all have an idea of who would be OUR individual choices but as to what will happen, we'll just have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think they have said they take around 33,000 pictures during the shoot. I cannot imagine looking at all those pictures.

Even if they did take around 33,000 pictures, the first run through will be to delete the ones that are out of focus, the ones with the people who don't belong there (i.e. crew, hairstylists, random people), etc.  Once the useless pictures are removed, then they'll start to go through the rest and start focusing on what works and what doesn't.  The ones that are up in the air, they'll likely keep them (probably in a separate folder) and revisit them later to see what they think then.  Still, I agree with you about looking at all those pictures.  It would be hard to choose the top however-many shots of the girls, depending on what calendar they're selecting for.

The only way I could see a vet getting cut is if she barely made it back to TC due to weight, bad behavior or for some reason Judy and especially Kelli and/or Charlotte do not care for her. Of course leaving is another different story.

I hope Yuko gets the cover.  She hasn't taken a bad swimsuit photo.

I'm not feeling it for Alexi's look in her photos.

That one of Christina in the purple suit was really nice.

The space between Tasha's legs look odd to me in the last photo posted above.   They seem too skinny for her torso or perhaps it is just the way she is twisted in her pose.

Gina looks great too.

• Love 2

Who all has gotten the sunset shots? The first I noticed was Christina, which really surprised me. Figure on point though!  And then the one just posted on Alexis.  

Can I just say that Rachel has been a huge surprise? She reminds me of Danielle in that she's your girl next door hottie, in the prep classes clips she was outdancing the rest of the rookies and she's proven to be quite photogenic. Hope she stays on for 5 years and gets triangle/group leader.

fangirling over, but she's one of the very few rookies who have impressed me so i'm going to hold onto that!

• Love 14
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Even if they did take around 33,000 pictures, the first run through will be to delete the ones that are out of focus, the ones with the people who don't belong there (i.e. crew, hairstylists, random people), etc.  Once the useless pictures are removed, then they'll start to go through the rest and start focusing on what works and what doesn't.  The ones that are up in the air, they'll likely keep them (probably in a separate folder) and revisit them later to see what they think then. 

Maybe Kelli has a complicated yes-no-maybe system for going through the pictures...I hope she explains it to us this year :)

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Kelli has a complicated yes-no-maybe system for going through the pictures...I hope she explains it to us this year :)

Ha! In the Season 7 calendar shoot episode, I think they did go into little detail about how they go through all the pictures and decide which one go into the calendar(s).