Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

Miranda is killing it in the most recent pics. I’d kill to have a body like that! She really photographs well. I can see her getting chosen for the calendar.  Savannah looks great in the blue. Bolder colors may be what she needs. I thinks she is very attractive BTW. 

I would hope with all the plastic and silicone she -miranda has had she would look good ....or I would ask for a refund on all the work 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, flightlevel said:

Miranda is killing it in the most recent pics. I’d kill to have a body like that! She really photographs well. I can see her getting chosen for the calendar.  Savannah looks great in the blue. Bolder colors may be what she needs. I thinks she is very attractive BTW. 

Miranda was amazing today

• Love 5
2 hours ago, flightlevel said:

I think several of the girls in the last few years have had breast augmentation. 

It’s safe to say several girls each year, since the 80s, have been augmented. Some are really obvious, like Miranda and Savannah, some barely detectable, like Jackie Bob. 

• Love 2

I agree that Yuko is killing it. I have a very hard time telling the brunettes apart & the blonds apart. I think Heather’s pics look good. There are some great pics of Kashara.  She is a little more curvy, but I feel like that makes for good bikini pictures. The back rolls can be photoshopped out, I think that’s just from the weird way she was posed. 

80521DEC-FBCF-4CF6-B017-DE78D6254D70.gif

• Love 4
7 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I agree that Yuko is killing it. I have a very hard time telling the brunettes apart & the blonds apart. I think Heather’s pics look good. There are some great pics of Kashara.  She is a little more curvy, but I feel like that makes for good bikini pictures. The back rolls can be photoshopped out, I think that’s just from the weird way she was posed. 

80521DEC-FBCF-4CF6-B017-DE78D6254D70.gif

Yuko really is - her photos on DCC IG account too are getting the most likes (whatever that really means LOL!)  REALLY hope she gets more calendar feature! 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, cgloss said:

It's good to see both Gina and Yuko getting along well with the other girls. From SM, it looks like Gina might have dumped her attitude. And it seems like the language barrier isn't much of a problem anymore for Yuko.

I do not think Yuko was having problems getting along with the other girls when she made the team. I remember Simone saying in her last podcast before retiring about how much the girls like Yuko after she made the team, and they wanted to help her out.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Yuko was having problems getting along with the other girls when she made the team. I remember Simone saying in her last podcast before retiring about how much the girls like Yuko after she made the team, and they wanted to help her out.

I didn't mean to imply that they didn't like her, just that I was glad to see that she may not be feeling as isolated since she was so homesick her first year.

13 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

puglady9Very Pretty picture, however that being said... she might want to be a bit careful as she's popping out in the "lower region" of her bathing suit. @kellifinglassand @dccheerleaders always wants it to be tasteful. ?

This comment is probably what you were referring to

Cash & prizes indeed!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

We haven't seen any of Lauren or Kahlyn either and are just now seeing Tess and Jessika. I'm sure they just haven't gotten to them yet.

Pretty sure Lauren isn't doing any calendar pics...personal reasons.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, flightlevel said:

I knew Alexis was pretty but she really is stunning in the photos we’ve seen of her so far in Bimini. I think Alexis takes the cake for Star Mag cover.

I agree... Alexis is GORGEOUS!

I personally like Savannah a lot, I think she is beautiful. and seems very mature. Alexis is also another one of my favorite Vets as far as looks go. MOLLY.. there is something about her, she's so pretty. Kash -MEH...  Tara-MEH... Tasha-MEH... Lacey GORG. I like Yuko too, she's definitely upped her game. Heather  looks a lot  prettier this year. Her profile looks different too. Whatever it is I like it.  ( not in a weirdo way)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, flightlevel said:

I had no idea Miranda was so shapely!  IMHO, all red heads look the best in jewel tones, so I agree on Savvy.  For some reason, when you put the pale colors on red heads, it always reads more like underwear than a bathing suit.

• Love 4

I literally came back out of hiding just to ask why Lauren isn’t doing swimsuit. She’s been in a one piece the whole trip (liesure) and doesn’t seem to be in shots. Weird. Any update on why Jinelle is there? 

• Love 3
(edited)
58 minutes ago, BCrabby said:

Pretty sure Lauren isn't doing any calendar pics...personal reasons.

I thought I saw some of her... she was in a one piece...and no...I am not confusing her with Tasha.  

Edited by Kayce
5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Maybe Lauren is mormon? I know Maddie is but is still doing the photoshoot...

Lauren is from Detroit and then went to Miami to cheer for the Dolphins. Aren't a whole lot of Mormons in either one of those areas. Lol.

6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Maybe Lauren is mormon? I know Maddie is but is still doing the photoshoot...

Tasha and Maddie are Mormon but it ain’t stopping them ? I can’t imagine why she wouldn’t at least shoot in a one piece. 

• Love 1

From her Instagram posts, Lauren seems like a devout Christian. Many on the team are. So maybe the basis for her not participating are religious. Or maybe she's just not comfortable with posing in a swimsuit. Her prerogative.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

From her Instagram posts, Lauren seems like a devout Christian. Many on the team are. So maybe the basis for her not participating are religious. Or maybe she's just not comfortable with posing in a swimsuit. Her prerogative.

Why try out for the team knowing if you make the team and go on calendar shoot you will be expected to put on an one or two piece swimsuit and pose for pictures. No offense, but it makes no sense to me. She should have said something to Kelli and Judy before they left for the shoot.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Lauren objected to during the swimsuit shoot, she probably would not have tried out or made the team in the first place.

This doesn't make any sense... You don't join DCC to to be on a calendar... She's a ridiculously talented dancer and seems to be a really kind teammate which are two amazing reasons to stay on the team.

She probably had a mature talk with Kelli and Judy about her religious beliefs. She probably went to support her teammates and to participate in the appearances there. They were fine with it or else she wouldn't be there.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Why try out for the team knowing if you make the team and go on calendar shoot you will be expected to put on an one or two piece swimsuit and pose for pictures. No offense, but it makes no sense to me. She should have said something to Kelli and Judy before they left for the shoot.

Well, I have no idea what K&J tell the girls about the trip. Perhaps posing is optional and the trip is seen as perk of being on the team, whether or not you want to participate in the shoot. Maybe Lauren expressed her reservations, and K&J said "come anyway." We just don't know. 

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Posing for a calendar is, as far as I know, not a requirement for being on the team.

Just now, Stagecoach said:

You're comfortable wearing those tiny little shorts  and the bosom exploding blouse but not in a swimsuit? Really?

Whatever equivalence there is, I can see someone drawing a distinction between a dance costume and posing for photographs in a swimsuit. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Stagecoach said:

You're comfortable wearing those tiny little shorts  and the bosom exploding blouse but not in a swimsuit? Really?

Yes she is probably comfortable with that and not the swimsuit calendar because a calendar of you in a swimsuit is MUCH different from dancing at NFL games and appearances... And I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Lauren's boobs are never "exploding out of her top".

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She probably did say something before they left. They are probably fine with it.

• Love 4

Unless I either haven't seen her or am confusing her with another girl (can happen), I haven't seen Christina in any of the pictures.  I haven't been looking for her, though, especially since she's one of my least favorite girls on the squad.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Unless I either haven't seen her or am confusing her with another girl (can happen), I haven't seen Christina in any of the pictures.  I haven't been looking for her, though, especially since she's one of my least favorite girls on the squad.

She shot day one or early on I believe. I saw her on insta story. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Well, I have no idea what K&J tell the girls about the trip. Perhaps posing is optional and the trip is seen as perk of being on the team, whether or not you want to participate in the shoot. Maybe Lauren expressed her reservations, and K&J said "come anyway." We just don't know. 

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Posing for a calendar is, as far as I know, not a requirement for being on the team.

Whatever equivalence there is, I can see someone drawing a distinction between a dance costume and posing for photographs in a swimsuit. 

Agree with this. The amount of clothing may be similar, but I can see how someone could see a difference. In the recent commentary over NFL cheerleaders, several cheerleaders have objected to the characterization that they’re just there to be ogled by male fans, claiming that they’re talented dancers. I think that objection has merit when it comes to dancing, less so in the calendar shoot. These are clearly pictures aimed at the male audience. Perhaps Lauren drew the line there. 

It’s also possible that there could be some medical reason for why she is not doing the shoot.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

I'm sorry, but if a girl objects about wearing a swimsuit and being photographed for the calendars then she should not be trying out for the team because she knows making the team and coming back again for a second or more years she will be going on the calendar shoot. I can understand a family emergency or an illness or injury preventing her being able to pose or go on the shoot, but Lauren knew the deal when she tried out for the squad and wanted to try out again.

I have a lot of respect for Lauren, she seems so genuinely sweet! Did anyone see her at swimsuit fittings, I can’t recall seeing her? If she isn't taking part in the shoots then more power to her it shows strength of character and I respect her beliefs! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but if a girl objects about wearing a swimsuit and being photographed for the calendars then she should not be trying out for the team because she knows making the team and coming back again for a second or more years she will be going on the calendar shoot. I can understand a family emergency or an illness or injury preventing her being able to pose or go on the shoot, but Lauren knew the deal when she tried out for the squad and wanted to try out again.

Again, no one joins DCC to be in the calendar, it just happens to be a bonus at the end of the year that they get to do... She wants to be on the team, just not in the swimsuit calendar. And I think that's perfectly fine. Obviously Kelli and Judy think it's fine too or she wouldn't be there in Bimini. It probably just makes it easier on them, one less person to worry about putting in a calendar. I'm sure she had that conversation with K&J maybe even before she re-auditioned.

• Love 7
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

Idk the swim calendar is only one thing out of a million other things the girls are required to do. I don't see it as a be all-end all if they don't want to pose in a swimsuit. 

Agreed, and there’s only so many months in a year anyway. They all can’t be in the calendar. I do think it makes sense for people to consider all that’s required in a job before applying, but if it’s just this one thing that she doesn’t want to, it’s not a big deal IMO. Now I get why it could become a slippery slope. If you let one girl bow out of something that she’s uncomfortable with, then you have to be consistent moving forward. However, in this case, my hunch is that most girls on the team want to be in the calendar and are perfectly fine with there being one less girl in the running for a calendar spot.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Again, no one joins DCC to be in the calendar, it just happens to be a bonus at the end of the year that they get to do... She wants to be on the team, just not in the swimsuit calendar. And I think that's perfectly fine. Obviously Kelli and Judy think it's fine too or she wouldn't be there in Bimini. It probably just makes it easier on them, one less person to worry about putting in a calendar. I'm sure she had that conversation with K&J maybe even before she re-auditioned.

A girl joins the DCC and knows she will probably be expected to go on the calendar shoot. If she knew trying out again, she should have thought about it. Just like Angela who wanted to pick and choose certain appearances and wanting to be in Show Group because she wanted to go out of the country and spend time with her friends, but she did not want to go on other appearances aka pick and chose what she wanted to do knowing she would be expected to go on appearances.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

A girl joins the DCC and knows she will probably be expected to go on the calendar shoot. If she knew trying out again, she should have thought about it. Just like Angela who wanted to pick and choose certain appearances and wanting to be in Show Group because she wanted to go out of the country and spend time with her friends, but she did not want to go on other appearances aka pick and chose what she wanted to do knowing she would be expected to go on appearances.

I just don't see appearances in uniform and a swimsuit photo shoot in the same category of responsibilities and duties of a DCC. 

• Love 6

I think the whole thing is weird, and there is probably a lot more to the whole thing. After what happened last season with a few of the vets and two rookies, I am not surprised more drama is happening.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the whole thing is weird, and there is probably a lot more to the whole thing. After what happened last season with a few of the vets and two rookies, I am not surprised more drama is happening.

Maybe so. I guess I see it in a more positive light, where cheerleaders now have autonomy to make some decisions on what they are and are not comfortable with. Given all that has come out in the press recently about the "other duties as assigned" that have put NFL cheerleaders in some icky positions, I am all for empowering these professional women.

• Love 12

Lauren seems confident and straightforward. I can't imagine her not telling them if she didn't want to do swim photos before the trip. There's no way the organization would pay $$$ to send a girl who refused to take swim pics on the trips. What would be the point? I bet she just isn't scheduled yet or is on her period or something. These aren't exactly the kind of swimsuits most girls wear when they want to swim and it's that time.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Idk the swim calendar is only one thing out of a million other things the girls are required to do. I don't see it as a be all-end all if they don't want to pose in a swimsuit. 

Same. She has her reasons, and it's up to them to  determine whether or not they are willing to accept them.

19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I don't see this as "drama." This isn't a new thing for her.

Just now, DancingNurse said:

Lauren seems confident and straightforward. I can't imagine her not telling them if she didn't want to do swim photos before the trip. There's no way the organization would pay $$$ to send a girl who refused to take swim pics on the trips. What would be the point? I bet she just isn't scheduled yet or is on her period or something. These aren't exactly the kind of swimsuits most girls wear when they want to swim and it's that time.

I don't think they would force her to do anything. It's a trip w/ her teammates. She doesn't do the shoots for her own reasons. Besides, they're saving film by not having to shoot her lol

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Same. She has her reasons, and it's up to them to  determine whether or not they are willing to accept them.

I don't see this as "drama." This isn't a new thing for her.

I don't think they would force her to do anything. It's a trip w/ her teammates. She doesn't do the shoots for her own reasons. Besides, they're saving film by not having to shoot her lol

This may be consider drama because they may be the first time a girl ever went on a calendar shoot and did not want to be photograph at all. Maybe she saw how bad the pictures have been the last few years and decided not to pose. Ha!

(edited)

I think it’s weird Lauren isn’t posing.  She’s shaking her ass on national tv.  Her boobs are stuffed into a tight ass shirt.  Yet girl won’t get into a swim suit for a calendar.  Bizarre and the hypocrisy is strong on this one.    This is my opinion and it’s how I feel.  

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, pinkbarbie247 said:
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

If Kelli doesn't have a problem with it, I certainly don't :)

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

A girl joins the DCC and knows she will probably be expected to go on the calendar shoot. If she knew trying out again, she should have thought about it.

She knew, she thought about it, she apparently said no, and apparently her boss (Kelli) has no problem with it, I don't see what the issue is.

• Love 14