Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I am not a fan of this flesh colored suit.  There's no pop.  It's too blah of a color.

flesh color suit.jpg

I wonder if sitting on those rocks hurt your butt?

• Love 1

Alexis's suit is terrible. And every single one of those pictures have crooked horizons - these are professional photographers?! I'm usually not that critical of their photos, but c'mon. That's a basic, simple edit. Horizons should never be crooked!

• Love 6

The swimsuit photos have been terrible since Wade L passed away. I’m not sure if he stopped shooting them before his untimely death, but whoever has done the past, at least 3 calendars are pretty bad. The crooked horizons drive me crazy.  I don’t think cameos have been as good either.

The flesh colored swimsuit is awful. No one looks good in that color. Definitely looks like you’re swimming in Spanx.

• Love 5
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

The swimsuit photos have been terrible since Wade L passed away. I’m not sure if he stopped shooting them before his untimely death, but whoever has done the past, at least 3 calendars are pretty bad. The crooked horizons drive me crazy.  I don’t think cameos have been as good either.

They have one of the sideline photographers doing the swimsuit shoots now. I can't tell if his photos are better than the other photog, but he doesn't do the cameos so maybe that's a hint?

Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

They have one of the sideline photographers doing the swimsuit shoots now. I can't tell if his photos are better than the other photog, but he doesn't do the cameos so maybe that's a hint?

You almost need someone like a playboy photographer to shoot a really good beautiful swimsuit catalogue. They need Arny Freytag. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

You almost need someone like a playboy photographer to shoot a really good beautiful swimsuit catalogue. They need Arny Freytag. 

I was just watching GND! I wonder if Arny is still around and shooting. He was kinda old on the show.

4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was just watching GND! I wonder if Arny is still around and shooting. He was kinda old on the show.

He hasn’t shot a centerfold since 2012. DCC would never hire anyone associated with playboy, but they need a glamour photographer for the swimsuit calendar ! 

• Love 1

Maybe this is the best time for the wedding due to her DCC schedule and for family and friends to be able to come to the wedding. A lot of DCCs have planned their weddings while being a DCC with the help of family and friends. Crystal Trevino got married in September during the regular football season.

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

31/12 as in new year’s eve? Why?

i can’t believe she will be planning a wedding while working and being a dcc. Unless of course she’s not  working and has her days off.

Lots of people think that they’re doing their guests a favor by having weddings on holidays and holiday weekends. NYE is on a Monday this year though, so that’s a bit odd. 

As for planning, I’m sure she will have family help, but if not, she’ll just have to hire a really good planner and schedule all over her showings and visits with the florists, etc, on her lunch breaks, Saturday’s, etc.  It’s stressful to plan a wedding while working (I had just started a new job when I was plannng mine), but it can be done. Also, Amy has been engaged for a while at this point it seems, so she may already have a lot of the big things, like her vendors, dress, etc in place.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kayce said:

I'm expecting mass casualties any week now.  This isn't going to be a rookie cut or two per week year until they make the "surprise you made the team" announcement.  I think there will be a couple of weeks where there will be several released.   Just my opinion. 

I've really been thinking of how they will announce it this year. The girls already know when the last day of training camp is, so I find it hard to believe they are genuinely surprised when it's announced on that day. I'm hoping they find a more creative way to announce the team this season.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I've really been thinking of how they will announce it this year. The girls already know when the last day of training camp is, so I find it hard to believe they are genuinely surprised when it's announced on that day. I'm hoping they find a more creative way to announce the team this season.

Same here...the "let's watch playback on the jumbo tron and critique you" and then the "congrats" video plays.  YAWN 

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Unless they're under the impression there are still cuts to be made.  Wasn't there a cut a couple seasons ago right before the team announcement?  Amy?

Edited by ByTor

They should really change it up and announce the final team a couple of weeks before the end of training camp. I don’t buy for one second that they don’t already have an idea of the remaining cuts (in any given year), and I think cutting them on the last day is cruel as it is. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

They should really change it up and announce the final team a couple of weeks before the end of training camp. I don’t buy for one second that they don’t already have an idea of the remaining cuts (in any given year), and I think cutting them on the last day is cruel as it is. 

A lot of things they do are cruel.....it is ALL for CMT.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Unless they're under the impression there are still cuts to be made.  Wasn't there a cut a couple seasons ago right before the team announcement?  Amy?

Yes, Amy was called into the office just before the team announcement  and wasn't Taryn a really late  cut last season? 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Yes, Amy was called into the office just before the team announcement  and wasn't Taryn a really late  cut last season? 

Wasn't Kyndall cut pretty late in that season too?

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't Kyndall cut pretty late in that season too?

Yes, she was.  I always liked Kendall. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2

In her season, Amy was the second-to-last cut and Kyndall was the very last cut.  It was a decision between Kendall and Kelsey as to which one they'd take that year.  I wish they'd taken both girls as Kyndall could have been a multi-year girl.

As for Taryn, she was the very last cut her year.  Brennan was cut just before Canton (and I still say, if they'd waited until AFTER Canton to make cuts, Christina would likely have been cut instead of Brennan), then Taryn was the last cut before they announced the team.  I think they should have kept Taryn and had a squad of 37 instead of 36 last year, especially after 3 vets were cut at finals, 2 vets left during Training Camp and 3 more girls left after Training Camp was over (8 girls in total left the squad and only 3 of those had no say in the decision).  I remember hearing that Taryn was furious when she found out that Alexandria left shortly after the team was announced (after either the first or second pregame).  Probably a big reason why she didn't come back to try again this year.  In a way, she was rejecting the team that rejected her.

• Love 2

I think Alex Hermes and Marie were also cut the last night of training camp back in season 6. I think it was Marie’s first time being called into the office as well.

5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I still say, if they'd waited until AFTER Canton to make cuts, Christina would likely have been cut instead of Brennan

Why do you think?  I have a feeling if they waited then Taryn and Christina would have made it.

9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

In her season, Amy was the second-to-last cut and Kyndall was the very last cut.  It was a decision between Kendall and Kelsey as to which one they'd take that year.  I wish they'd taken both girls as Kyndall could have been a multi-year girl.

As for Taryn, she was the very last cut her year.  Brennan was cut just before Canton (and I still say, if they'd waited until AFTER Canton to make cuts, Christina would likely have been cut instead of Brennan), then Taryn was the last cut before they announced the team.  I think they should have kept Taryn and had a squad of 37 instead of 36 last year, especially after 3 vets were cut at finals, 2 vets left during Training Camp and 3 more girls left after Training Camp was over (8 girls in total left the squad and only 3 of those had no say in the decision).  I remember hearing that Taryn was furious when she found out that Alexandria left shortly after the team was announced (after either the first or second pregame).  Probably a big reason why she didn't come back to try again this year.  In a way, she was rejecting the team that rejected her.

I completely agree on Taryn! She should have made the squad.  And thank for clarifying the cuts that year....I thought Amy was the last cut. :) 

• Love 3

I still think Taryn was so darn cute, and she was fun to watch. They have taken 39 girls before, so why are they so set on only 36 now? I thought Amy should have made it too. She was a powerful dancer. Her kicks were about the same as McKenzie and Kali's. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I still think Taryn was so darn cute, and she was fun to watch. They have taken 39 girls before, so why are they so set on only 36 now? I thought Amy should have made it too. She was a powerful dancer. Her kicks were about the same as McKenzie and Kali's. 

Didn’t Amy have memory issues along with bad kicks?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Alex Hermes and Marie were also cut the last night of training camp back in season 6. I think it was Marie’s first time being called into the office as well.

Marie's cut was the 2nd time she was called into the office. The first time she told Kelli about some kind of injury she had and was getting physical therapy for it. I remember Kelli saying she had a floppy foot.

Hi everybody. Big Fan of DCC and this fan forum here. I don't post  but really enjoy reading the informative and fun comments on here and of course learning a ton about the subject of DCC. I have a question and hopefully somebody can help. I'm watching the season 11 re-runs right now. There is a song that is played and I can't for the live of me remember the title nor the artist (drives me bonkers). They only play short bits of it and refrain they play goes like "I wanna do my thing....." I tried google and various other sites but to no avail. It's a very upbeat song and would fit nicely in my playlist for spin. I really would appreciate if anybody here could help me out. Thanks in advance. Stay safe. :D

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I just watched season 6. It was! It was so sad. I was honestly surprised Kelly cried when she cut Kalli Fullerton. She always liked her, and she was a sweet girl, or seemed really genuine. Seeing some of the ones they've taken since, I think Kalli would have been okay. Better than a few others who have come through.

43 minutes ago, Finny said:

Hi everybody. Big Fan of DCC and this fan forum here. I don't post  but really enjoy reading the informative and fun comments on here and of course learning a ton about the subject of DCC. I have a question and hopefully somebody can help. I'm watching the season 11 re-runs right now. There is a song that is played and I can't for the live of me remember the title nor the artist (drives me bonkers). They only play short bits of it and refrain they play goes like "I wanna do my thing....." I tried google and various other sites but to no avail. It's a very upbeat song and would fit nicely in my playlist for spin. I really would appreciate if anybody here could help me out. Thanks in advance. Stay safe. :D

Is this it??

10 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why do you think?  I have a feeling if they waited then Taryn and Christina would have made it.

If I recall correctly, not long before they cut Brennan, Kelli and Judy were debating the two and said they were REALLY close in terms of overall potential.  I could have sworn that they were leaning towards Brennan (I'm re-watching the season to make sure I'm not missing anything as well as getting ready for the new season to come out).  I could be wrong and letting my personal bias put a spin on things that aren't there.  

• Love 1

I'm still feeling salty about Amy's cut ? I just loved her - she's gorgeous and a great dancer, and put her heart into it completely - she would have been a loyal and devoted DCC, and such an asset to the squad.  I can't watch her cut, I still get upset about it (I clearly need a life lol).

Loved Kyndall, too - she seemed like such a doll, and she's funny and smart.  I'd have loved to see her make it.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If I recall correctly, not long before they cut Brennan, Kelli and Judy were debating the two and said they were REALLY close in terms of overall potential.  I could have sworn that they were leaning towards Brennan (I'm re-watching the season to make sure I'm not missing anything as well as getting ready for the new season to come out).  I could be wrong and letting my personal bias put a spin on things that aren't there.  

Personal bias and opinions are pretty much what we're all about :)  I was mainly curious why you thought timing of cuts in relation to HOF was important (impordunt LOL).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was mainly curious why you thought timing of cuts in relation to HOF was important (impordunt LOL).

I forgot to add that, while they knew Erica was going to leave at some point, I don't think they knew she was going to go out like that and at that time. 

Thus, here goes my theory (so bear with me):  There are still cuts to make and Savannah/Brennan/Christina/Taryn are the last four.  They're my most likely to be cut at this point in Training Cut in my mind for various reasons.  Holly quits/leaves.  Savannah moves up into Holly's spot.  That leaves three without a spot and no spot likely to open up for them.  They are numbers 37/38/39.  Brennan gets cut just before Canton then Erica pulls her stunt and leaves, thus opening up a spot and, since Christina's next on the list, she moves into that open spot, again leaving Taryn without one and she's cut.  Thus my thought that, if they'd waited until after Canton to make a cut, Brennan would likely have been slotted into Erica's spot instead of Christina, leaving Taryn to be cut.

• Love 1

I found the following video on Youtube: 

It will be interesting to see other DCC-videos as they come up (though I'd like to get my hands on some of the videos the girls are rumored to use to learn the dances; it's hard to find full-length, quality videos of them actually dancing).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I found the following video on Youtube: 

It will be interesting to see other DCC-videos as they come up (though I'd like to get my hands on some of the videos the girls are rumored to use to learn the dances; it's hard to find full-length, quality videos of them actually dancing).

In the olden days (HA!) didn't the squad work out with Jay before they started practice?  Or was it only if they wanted?  Anyone know?

3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Buying a house, been together 5 years....wonder if she will be the next one to get engaged.

Oh heavens...she seems like such a sweet, sweet girl but there’s just so much bad hair in those pics. The amount of product he must use, the mind boggles. 

But yay for them, getting a starter house in Dallas is no freaking joke these days.