Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Idk why but I like Lauren's hair straight better for once. I love it both ways, but there's something about it straight that I like.

I always prefer her straight hair. I feel like the curly hair looks dated on her, at least the way she curls it (I’m not referring to curly hair in general). But, she seems to prefer it curly, so hey, it’s her hair lol! 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

So we have 3 girls (Lauren, Tara and Christina) out of 21 who haven't shown up on social media or on the Dallas Cowboys website, yet there are multiple pictures (including bad ones) of the rest.  One girl (Lauren) supposedly asked to be excused from the shoots for whatever reason so that leaves 2 girls out of 20 (excluding Lauren).  Anyone else not seeing some of the girls?

Tara and Christina have shot. 

54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Idk why but I like Lauren's hair straight better for once. I love it both ways, but there's something about it straight that I like.

I always prefer her straight hair. I feel like the curly hair looks dated on her, at least the way she curls it (I’m not referring to curly hair in general). But, she seems to prefer it curly, so hey, it’s her hair lol! 

Overall I much prefer straight hair to curly...I'm curly but straighten every day.

I think the religion excuse is just a big smoke screen they are hiding behind as an excuse for Lauren allegedly not posing for pictures. She has pictures of herself on social media posing in an one piece suit for MDC especially the tacky picture of her in the one piece and the boots. She also has pictures of herself in bikinis, and we all know Judy and Kelli take a long hard look at the girls' social media pages for things to call the girls out on for auditions or during the DCC season. I think something happened between the swimsuit fittings, finals and the calendar shoot to cause her not to be posing for pictures. She may be in the dog house for something, but they still let her go on the trip and help out. The whole thing reminds me of Amy R. being called into the office for alleged weight gain, but she was actually cut for breaking rules during the calendar shoot. They use weight to call Chelsea into the office, but she was cut for partying on the weekends and having a toxic attitude. Last year they called in Jenna because she was not being a good leader to Holly, but they were probably calling her out for breaking the rules more than once, but it was not shown. I think they are being a lot tougher with the girls because of what happened with Holly/Jenna and Erica last year, Alexandria and Milan leaving during the year, and Kalysssa allegedly leaving for a modeling career or being cut.

My take is this : unless they tell us why Lauren didn't appear in the shoot....then I'm not reading anything it.  She may very well have gotten in trouble...she may be sick...I doubt it's religious based unless she's had a huge change of religion since her pics of her in the bikinis have been posted on her pages. From the public appearance pics they have posted in Bimini, of which she has appeared in, weight gain doesn't seem to be an issue either.  If she was in trouble, then why would they let her appear in uniform and not in the shoot pictures?  Just my opinion and you all know my thoughts on my  opinion and what it's worth :) 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the religion excuse is just a big smoke screen they are hiding behind as an excuse for Lauren allegedly not posing for pictures

Who does “they” refer to? I didn’t think Lauren, nor anyone connected with the team had commented on her posing or not posing. And the poster who first brought it up here simply said “personal reasons.” People just assumed it might be religious.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Who does “they” refer to? I didn’t think Lauren, nor anyone connected with the team had commented on her posing or not posing. And the poster who first brought it up here simply said “personal reasons.” People just assumed it might be religious.

Lauren is my favorite. She's never given any indication that she's anything but hardworking and responsible. No drama, dirt or shade and she's been on two pro teams. If there was a whiff of something, I think we'd hear it by now. "Personal reasons" could mean ANYTHING, if it's even true.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Tara and Christina have shot. 

Not picking on you Howdeedo, but we've had a few people repeat the same thing.  We know Tara and Christina have shot.  We have video proof of that.  We just don't have any actual STILL photographs of them (and not behind-the-scenes) like we do the other girls.  THAT is what I've been trying to find, not that they've shot or that they were there, but at least ONE still shot of them in bikinis and posed.

Edited by EricaShadows

Has anyone noticed how all retired DCC has their DCC twitter handle changed but Jinelle's still "DCC_Jinelle"? I know she's retired but got a feeling shes staying on for something? Or has someone mentioned it already, as I only just noticed it.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Has anyone noticed how all retired DCC has their DCC twitter handle changed but Jinelle's still "DCC_Jinelle"? I know she's retired but got a feeling shes staying on for something? Or has someone mentioned it already, as I only just noticed it.

Jinelle is an All-Star, and she went on the calendar shoot probably to help out behind the scenes and to give help and support to the girls. I hope with CMT filming at the calendar shoot we will get to see Jinelle helping and working during the shoot. This is the type of things I would like to see on the show.

55 minutes ago, Kayce said:

My take is this : unless they tell us why Lauren didn't appear in the shoot....then I'm not reading anything it.  She may very well have gotten in trouble...she may be sick...I doubt it's religious based unless she's had a huge change of religion since her pics of her in the bikinis have been posted on her pages. From the public appearance pics they have posted in Bimini, of which she has appeared in, weight gain doesn't seem to be an issue either.  If she was in trouble, then why would they let her appear in uniform and not in the shoot pictures?  Just my opinion and you all know my thoughts on my  opinion and what it's worth :) 

She looks great to me. The whole thing seems weird to me since this may be the first time in calendar shoot history a girl was not part of the shoot. I did see a picture of her in a one piece swimsuit from last July, so if he had a problem with swimwear she probably would not be posting a picture of herself in a swimsuit while she was in TC.

26 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Yes, I noticed this! :) Maggie and Stephanie's twitters have not been changed either, not sure why. 

(edited)

Yea I noticed Maggie and Stephanie's, still up too I mean AS is great for Jinelle. Wonder why those still have their DCC handles.  Has this year's AS been announced? I'm way behind in catching up I know.

Edited by CrazyEve
2 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Yea I noticed Maggie and Stephanie's, still up too I mean AS is great for Jinelle. Wonder why those still have their DCC handles.  Has this year's AS been announced? I'm way behind in catching up I know.

Yes they are Stephanie, Chantel, Elizabeth, Jinelle, Emma, Nicole, Katy, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel and Amy T :) 

• Love 2
(edited)

Re: Lauren

I don't think Lauren is sick.  I've seen too many IG stories where she's jumping around, laughing and having a good time.  I noticed during the swim suit fittings they never showed her.  I watched because Lauren is one of my favs.  For whatever reason she isn't modeling (at least not yet), I'm glad they still allowed her to go on the trip.  I'm sure she's made herself useful & the trip is a valuable bonding time for the vets.

Re: Gina

I think she got a bad edit last season for which I've always been willing to give her a chance.  All I've seen is a strong, reliable dancer that I do think K&J will make use of.  I'm really happy for her seeing how well her posted swim pics have appeared.  She could make a featured spot in one of the calendars.

Re: Yuko

I know Yuko gets bashed here a lot but I think she is adorable in this shot.  But then, when is she not?

yuko_leia.jpg

Edited by go4luca
typos r us
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Yes they are Stephanie, Chantel, Elizabeth, Jinelle, Emma, Nicole, Katy, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel and Amy T :) 

Thanks

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Re: Lauren

I don't think Lauren is sick.  I've seen too many IG stories where she's jumping around, laughing and having a good time.  I noticed during the swim suit fittings they never showed her.  I watched because Lauren is one of my favs.  For whatever reason she isn't modeling (at least not yet), I'm glad they still allowed her to go on the trip.  I'm sure she's made herself useful & the trip is a valuable bonding time for the vets.

Re: Gina

I think she got a bad edit last season for which I've always been willing to give her a chance.  All I've seen is a strong, reliable dance that I do think K&J will make use of.  I'm really happy for her seeing how well her posted swim pics have appeared.  She could make a featured spot in one of the calendars.

Re: Yuko

I know Yuko gets bashed here a lot but I think she is adorable in this shot.  But then, whenever is she not?

yuko_leia.jpg

I agree with everything you said :) 

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Lauren was not the only vet who was not shown in pictures during the swimsuit fittings.

I realize this but she is the one I specifically watched for and noticed early on, she was never shown.  By never shown, I mean in a swim suit fitting, not like the shot above that you posted. I have seen those pictures.

Edited by go4luca
clarification

Posing for a picture with friends and having your picture sold in a calendar for men are two different things. Many regular people do the former and post pics on social media. That doesn’t mean those same ppl would be comfortable being a swimsuit model.

With that said, we have no idea why Lauren hasn’t shot, so it’s all speculation really. I doubt we’ll get an answer unless Shelly gives us one, but whatever the situation is, Kelli and Judy seem to be ok with it.

• Love 19

I have no idea why Lauren isn’t posing for the calendar, but even of she’s just doesn’t want to do it, that’s fine. Personally, I would probably also chose not to be featured... having a real professional job I’d probably feel kind of weird knowing everyone I have professional contact with could see those pictures. I know the uniform is also tiny, but for some reason that feels different, maybe because it’s called a uniform, I don’t know.  Everyone is different when it comes to stuff like that.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Not picking on you Howdeedo, but we've had a few people repeat the same thing.  We know Tara and Christina have shot.  We have video proof of that.  We just don't have any actual STILL photographs of them (and not behind-the-scenes) like we do the other girls.  THAT is what I've been trying to find, not that they've shot or that they were there, but at least ONE still shot of them in bikinis and posed.

Well excuse me. It came off as not knowing whether they did or not...?

32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Posing for a picture with friends and having your picture sold in a calendar for men are two different things. Many regular people do the former and post pics on social media. That doesn’t mean those same ppl would be comfortable being a swimsuit model.

With that said, we have no idea why Lauren hasn’t shot, so it’s all speculation really. I doubt we’ll get an answer unless Shelly gives us one, but whatever the situation is, Kelli and Judy seem to be ok with it.

She did some swimsuit pictures and modeling for MDC, so what is the difference between a calendar shoot and what she did for MDC. Plus the fact we do not know if Kelli and Judy were fine with her going on the shoot since we all know they do not have complete control on what goes on with the squad. I am not saying they are did not want her to go on the shoot, but Charlotte may have played a big part in Lauren going.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Based on the pictures so far and assuming they wouldn't put a rookie on the cover (ALEXIS), I actually think Yuko has a great chance of making the swimsuit cover!

Maggie had only completed her rookie season when she got the cover last year :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Based on the pictures so far and assuming they wouldn't put a rookie on the cover (ALEXIS), I actually think Yuko has a great chance of making the swimsuit cover!

I think Alexis still has a shot of making one of the covers! :) Maggie was a rookie and made the magazine and swimsuit calendar covers last year and Kelsey, Tasha and Heather got covers too :) 

Edited by NicoleS9954
Forgot to add Heather
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

She did some swimsuit pictures and modeling for MDC, so what is the difference between a calendar shoot and what she did for MDC. Plus the fact we do not know if Kelli and Judy were fine with her going on the shoot since we all know they do not have complete control on what goes on with the squad. I am not saying they are did not want her to go on the shoot, but Charlotte may have played a big part in Lauren going.

You’d have to ask her what is the difference, but perhaps she sees one. Everyone has different opinion, unique life experiences, and different fears and concerns, so she may just think differently about it. It’s also possible that she regrets posing in a swimsuit when she was an MDC. We don’t know.

Also, the fact that she’s there leads me to believe that K&J are fine with it until someone says otherwise. Not sure why there’s a need to create controversy where there may be none. 

5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Gina has the perfect model pout, I'm so jealous.

Agreed. This sort of shoot really suits her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

You’d have to ask her what is the difference, but perhaps she sees one. Everyone has different opinion, unique life experiences, and different fears and concerns, so she may just think differently about it. It’s also possible that she regrets posing in a swimsuit when she was an MDC. We don’t know.

Also, the fact that she’s there leads me to believe that K&J are fine with it until someone says otherwise. Not sure why there’s a need to create controversy where there may be none. 

Agreed. This sort of shoot really suits her.

If she knew one day she would have to pose in a certain way in a swimsuit and did not care for the idea, she should have not tried out for the team or tried out for her second year. She does not seem to mind wearing an one piece swimsuit while running around with her friends having the time of her life. I think we all have the right to ask about what is going on about this because there have been other girls like Kelsi who did not feel like posing and having pictures taken for the swimsuit calendar because it went against her religious beliefs and made her feel uncomfortable, but she still did it. Lauren, Kelli and Judy also would have known someone would have brought it up to the point fans and viewers are questioning the whole thing.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Exactly.

Discussing something is not causing a controversy. A lot of things get discuss around and around on here to point the dead horse comes around and around. Like I said, it would be discuss on here because someone brought it up. Sooner or later someone would have noticed Lauren did not pose or have her picture taken, and the discussion would have been taken life on here. And everyone on here is entitled to his or her own opinion on the subject.

16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Discussing something is not causing a controversy. A lot of things get discuss around and around on here to point the dead horse comes around and around. Like I said, it would be discuss on here because someone brought it up. Sooner or later someone would have noticed Lauren did not pose or have her picture taken, and the discussion would have been taken life on here. And everyone on here is entitled to his or her own opinion on the subject.

Not sure why you're singling me out but I'm sticking to my posts and responses.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure why you're singling me out but I'm sticking to my posts and responses.

Sorry if you think I was singling you out. You have the right to stick to your posts and responses just like I have the right to my thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Edited by bigskygirl
Cannot get the blasted picture to show up.
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Discussing something is not causing a controversy. A lot of things get discuss around and around on here to point the dead horse comes arounud and around. Like I said, it would be discuss on here because someone brought it up. Sooner or later someone would have noticed Lauren did not pose or have her picture taken, and the discussion would have been taken life on here. And everyone on here is entitled to his or her own opinion on the subject.

That’s what you’ve been doing though... ?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

True *lol* I will have to join the have we not discuss this before or am I missing something club on here. *lol*

Try it again. Who is the girl standing next to Christina in the picture.

Rachel 

Ugh, Christina pulling the side of the bottom down. Why! No one else is doing it in this picture. It just looks blech!! Not a fan. I don't know if she did it on her own or they told her to. But seriously just stop 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Ugh, Christina pulling the side of the bottom down. Why! No one else is doing it in this picture. It just looks blech!! Not a fan. I don't know if she did it on her own or they told her to. But seriously just stop 

Agreed, it’s so trashy. I don’t get why they like that pose.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

yuko_leia.jpg

Okay as a huge Yuko fan from day one--this is the cutest thing ever, and I'm glad to see Yuko getting some love here for her swimsuit pics! She looks incredible and seems so fun and sweet. And I love that she has a non-annoying social media presence haha. Laaaaahhhhhvvvv her!

Oh, and DCC keeping Jinelle around in any capacity is one of the smartest moves they have made, and I hope she sticks around for a long time.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed, it’s so trashy. I don’t get why they like that pose.

Because it supposedly sells calendars. I can understand why the swimsuit calendar sales are going down hill after seeing the pictures. Khalyn looks good and so does Yuko.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Because it supposedly sells calendars. I can understand why the swimsuit calendar sales are going down hill after seeing the pictures. Khalyn looks good and so does Yuko.

Perhaps. I’m not a man so I’m not the target audience, but I wonder if even men find that sexy. If I were standing in the water at the beach with three of my friends, and I started to pull down my bikini bottom, I think my husband would be like “what the hell are you doing!” not “damn, that’s sexy.” But hey, maybe I’m projecting my own thoughts onto the typical man lol.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Rachel 

Wow, I can't believe how much she looks like Selina in that picture.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Also, the fact that she’s there leads me to believe that K&J are fine with it until someone says otherwise.

This.  All Lauren presumably did was ask her boss a question...if Kelli agreed with "if you didn't like the idea of being a swimsuit model, you shouldn't have tried out", she would have said no.  It was ultimately Kelli's decision, as well it should be...she makes the rules, she gets to enforce the rules however she sees fit (assuming Charlotte doesn't overrule).

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

It’s also possible that she regrets posing in a swimsuit when she was an MDC.

Or maybe she had some objections and that's why she was seen in a couple pretty modest one-pieces.  Those god-awful leotards we wore to aerobics classes in the 80s were naughtier than those suits LOL

• Love 4

After seeing the one picture of her wearing a modest one piece with the tall boots, I would have objected myself. Talk about tacky and not tasteful at all. I do not understand why they want the girls to wear those type of outfits. I just hope they do not do the swimsuit fashion show where they have the girls wearing skimpy two pieces with high heels or those Julia Roberts type style boots because it does not say All American Sweetheart to me.

27 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Perhaps. I’m not a man so I’m not the target audience, but I wonder if even men find that sexy. If I were standing in the water at the beach with three of my friends, and I started to pull down my bikini bottom, I think my husband would be like “what the hell are you doing!” not “damn, that’s sexy.” But hey, maybe I’m projecting my own thoughts onto the typical man lol.

I think a lot of the poses the girls do are not sexy at all especially the ones with their arms over their heads, bikini bottom riding up between their behind cheeks, and trying to look sexy with no smile look. It looks silly to me, and I do not get the sexy part of it.