Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

If I'm reading the field right, it's at the Hall of Fame game.  At least, that's what I think the logo on the field says, so those would just be the vets with no new girls, Jenna or Holly.

Edited by EricaShadows

Please no more "how I overcame stuff" segues. Some are misleading and some are...over dramatic? I mean....My heart goes out to these ladies, but I'm here for the auditions and dancing. Also, I am a little bored of the ladies dancing in apartments and random studios. Show me more auditioning and decrease the amount of cutaways. I would like to see maybe one whole 8-count before moving to another shot. And I totally don't care about what happens before numbers are called I.e. Dancing like at a dance competition before numbers are called  everything seems so disingenuine this episode or fake. Do I need to take a nap? 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Please no more "how I overcame stuff" segues. Some are misleading and some are...over dramatic? I mean....My heart goes out to these ladies, but I'm here for the auditions and dancing. Also, I am a little bored of the ladies dancing in apartments and random studios. Show me more auditioning and decrease the amount of cutaways. I would like to see maybe one whole 8-count before moving to another shot. And I totally don't care about what happens before numbers are called I.e. Dancing like at a dance competition before numbers are called  everything seems so disingenuine this episode or fake. Do I need to take a nap? 

I really enjoyed the dancing while they waited, but then again I love me some Phil and it was just cute. There's a video from years ago in the 90s I think of the DH playing music and the girls dancing while they waited.  I wonder if they've done this other seasons and just not shown it

• Love 1

Reality Steve has a new podcast up -- an interview with former DCC and Real Housewife Brandi Redmond. The first part of the interview covers her DCC days. Nothing revelatory, but still interesting.

1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I really enjoyed the dancing while they waited, but then again I love me some Phil and it was just cute. There's a video from years ago in the 90s I think of the DH playing music and the girls dancing while they waited.  I wonder if they've done this other seasons and just not shown it

I would love to see the true real life information vs staged fake stories to get attention by CMT.....rediculous ...

• Love 3
On 8/5/2017 at 0:54 PM, tinabee1967 said:

I thought that Kelli making a big deal out of the caution tape bikini top was just being nitpicky. Now, if Whitney was drunk/obviously partying, that would be one thing. Wearing a caution tape bandeau and being silly? Not worth getting upset over. The Lil' Wayne costume was an eyebrow raiser. I do not think her intent was to hurt anyone. 

While I don't think it was her intent to hurt anyone, it was obvious she was not that bright. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Finally a video of pre-game and they did change up the choreo a bit, the audio sounds like there's some reverb. 

When I watch from the field angle, I like Kashara as point. However, from this angle Cersten's movements seem much sharper and defined. Just an observation. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, cvogue said:

Interesting...top is Amazon, bottom is iTunes 

IMG_3949.PNG

IMG_3950.PNG

I don't really find it THAT interesting. Only because it doesn't seem to purposefully be cutting her out for any other reason than to switch the logo around.

18 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I would love to see the true real life information vs staged fake stories to get attention by CMT.....rediculous ...

Agreed! Like girls getting plastic surgery, working out with Jay after they're told they're fat, etc.!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I think Shelly B was in it.

I noticed during the Phil "let's dance" segment that some of the girls had a look on their face like his idea to dance was lame. If you look closely, you can see some "rolleyes" faces. That ought to make for some interesting interview questions during finals. "OH, hey....btw. How come you looked bored/annoyed/tired during the group dance segment? You cannot have that kind of attitude on a team."

• Love 2

Random thought, but I wonder if Holly won't truly lose her twitter handle until the episode airs that addresses the issue. I can't remember if it was on here or another thread, but someone had asked Kelli if Holly had quit and she said to watch this season, it will be full of surprises. If she loses her twitter now, it will be completely obvious she's no longer on the team and people may not tune in to see what happened.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't really find it THAT interesting. Only because it doesn't seem to purposefully be cutting her out for any other reason than to switch the logo around.

Except for the fact she is MIA and no one will answer questions about her. It cost a lot of money to change pictures they already put out. She is off the squad. I'd bet the mega millions jackpot on it.

• Love 4

This popped up in my email:  American Sweetheart: Still not making the team by Chiufang Hwang

In 1999, Chiufang Hwang tried out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on a whim, and the experience was an epiphany. “That day in Texas Stadium, I finally understood what I had missed out on in high school and college growing up as the eldest daughter of Taiwanese immigrants. I felt so special. I felt included. I felt more like a teenage girl than when I actually was one. But mostly, I felt so American.”

Since then Hwang has participated in more than ten Cowboys Cheerleader tryouts, becoming a fixture at the annual auditions. Besides loving competition, pushing her limits, and reveling in the camaraderie of those pursuing sideline glory, Hwang hopes to inspire others.

“I want to empower women of all ages to pursue their own impossible dream. Maybe the novelty of a fifty-year-old Chinese-American psychiatrist—who has still never even seen a football game—trying out to be an NFL cheerleader will spark them to think: Why not?”

American Sweetheart: Still Not Making the Team recounts Hwang’s unique perspective of American pop culture and her place in it with humor, poignant insight, and unexpected candor.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

Ugh...those segments are my least favorite part of the show.  I tell Hubby to grab my violin as I wait for the sob story of how they overcame some completely unremarkable circumstance (anyone raised by a single mom recently?) while dancing in some beautiful home/pricey studio in an outfit that costs upward of $300.  #crymeariver

• Love 7

My probably unpopular opinions. 
1. Dayton would have gotten the fan vote.
2. PLEASE Permanently bring back Candice Crawford. I loved her. 
3. I like Jenna. 
4. I don't understand the Erica hype. She wasn't on my radar until I joined this forum.
5. Randomly, I love Amy L. 
6. I wasn't the biggest fan of Sydney or Ally Traylor.

• Love 4

@123DCCWoooo I get that the producers are trying to introduce them to us and get us to root for them but ask them something different. They are already a bunch of nerve s so of course they are going to be emotional over certain things and I'm like, why are we crying about our mama like she died but she is there packing your audition suitcase? Lol calm down. At least we didn't have anyone sashaying past the SMU sign with a backpack on.  ?

4 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

My probably unpopular opinions. 
1. Dayton would have gotten the fan vote.
2. PLEASE Permanently bring back Candice Crawford. I loved her. 
3. I like Jenna. 
4. I don't understand the Erica hype. She wasn't on my radar until I joined this forum.
5. Randomly, I love Amy L. 
6. I wasn't the biggest fan of Sydney or Ally Traylor.

I respect your opinions but I LURVE #2. She was so funny "more style, Tony, we need more style". And I love Dayton but she needs another year to polish it up a bit and she'll be good to go. My like of Jenna has dropped each year and I couldn't quite pinpoint why but the last episode (S12, ep 2) just made me smh. She is a great dancer though. Hopefully it was a bad edit #BravoHousewiveExcuse

• Love 2

I totally agree....Sydney and Ally Traylor are by far not my faves, either. Ally sure did not make the team by her looks. She is not the prettiest rose in the bunch by a long shot.

Speaking of Candice's, I am sure missing Mrs. Romo. She is the perfect counterpoint to Melissa.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

@123DCCWoooo I get that the producers are trying to introduce them to us and get us to root for them but ask them something different. They are already a bunch of nerve s so of course they are going to be emotional over certain things and I'm like, why are we crying about our mama like she died but she is there packing your audition suitcase? Lol calm down. At least we didn't have anyone sashaying past the SMU sign with a backpack on.  ?

???For real! I would love to see some segments that show some past footage of the ladies dancing in a competition, an interview with a former dance instructor, literally anything that doesn't involve some contrived story while crying over a mother that is packing your suitcase. Even for those few stories that are a bit believable, they dim in comparison to the other garbage stories. Chelsea's sob stories were the WORST.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kcrabtree06 said:

Random thought, but I wonder if Holly won't truly lose her twitter handle until the episode airs that addresses the issue. I can't remember if it was on here or another thread, but someone had asked Kelli if Holly had quit and she said to watch this season, it will be full of surprises. If she loses her twitter now, it will be completely obvious she's no longer on the team and people may not tune in to see what happened.

That thought crossed my mind too. However, I think if she was kicked off, they would have changed her handle as quickly as they changed Hannah's and Kelly wouldn't have responded.

8 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

???For real! I would love to see some segments that show some past footage of the ladies dancing in a competition, an interview with a former dance instructor, literally anything that doesn't involve some contrived story while crying over a mother that is packing your suitcase. Even for those few stories that are a bit believable, they dim in comparison to the other garbage stories. Chelsea's sob stories were the WORST.

I can't remember Chelsea's and I JUST watched that story - she met the DCC on a USO tour, right? I was so distracted by her wide eyed, earnest BS that I missed the story. I thought I was wrong about her and felt like a bitch her rookie year, but I guess I got validated her second. Yikes, what a mess. 

Makes me think of Ashley Paige, who also had that earnestness about her, but she seemed more genuine to me. Wish she hadn't been so stiff, because I think she was so pretty and probably quite lovely. Chiefs cheerleaders are stuck in my head since I was at the game last night ?❤️?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

That thought crossed my mind too. However, I think if she was kicked off, they would have changed her handle as quickly as they changed Hannah's and Kelly wouldn't have responded.

I have a question about the girls' twitter accounts. I recall in a past episode that the guy who did the social media talk says they over see everything. Don't you think they would see a rogue tweet and shut it down quickly. That may be why they let them keep the twitter account.

Chelsea's dad saw the DCCs when he was serving in the Persian Gulf. Jenna was the one who saw the DCC on a USO tour in Korea and decided she wanted to try out for the squad. Chelsea talked her way on the team and talked her way off the team.

Btw, I find the ole Kelsey and her bad interviews just as annoying as Mentor Melissa and her I won the blasted Dancing With The Stars trophy being mentioned over and over again. Here's  a quarter call someone who cares!

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Chelsea also had some sob story about a hospitalized family member being inspired by the DCC. She was so full of shit she could probably taste it.

Ohhhhh that's right. I had blocked it out because I just couldn't. Some of their sad stories get me (hopeful Lacey from this season who's brother died) and others I roll my eyes so hard (OMG I was like, so totally bullied by not the nicest of girls at my studio!)

Bullying is wretched and I hate that people are assholes, but overcoming scoliosis and club feet and all sorts of other things will pull my heart strings about a million times more. 

• Love 4

Unpopular opinion: I prefer Judy to Kelli. I feel like Judy is definitely the meaner one of the two and definitely has a "bitchy" vibe at times, but I also feel like she's more upfront and less personal about her critiques. When she doesn't think someone is a good dancer or when she thinks they will annoy her, she just says it. I feel like Kelli can never just say that she dislikes someone or she just can't see them on the team. She tends to make her issues as to a character flaw of the girl, which annoys me. 

• Love 5

This is why I like Kitty the best. For one she gets up and does something. For two she is blunt, but she isn't Mean Girl Fake then stab you in the back, and she has zero tolerance for bullshittery and girls who can't dance, but are pretty or whatever. She doesn't come off as cold or smug either. 

• Love 10

I realize I've going to be talking about a DCC Icon. And I love her DOWN. She's a long time favorite of mine and her rookie season is my favorite season of the show.. with that being said.. 

I love Jackie Bob... but I haaate how she filters her instagram photos. She's sooo much prettier without all of that.

My unpopular opinions:  

(1) Many of the cheerleaders aren't pretty.  Are there not enough pretty girls in the big state of Texas?  Most of them look so much older than they are with the harsh makeup.

(2) Hometown team should have homegrown cheerleaders.  Just doesn't feel authentic to have DCC be from Japan.

(3) DCC uniforms are ugly.  Always have been.

(4) Too many girls are starting to come in with six pack abs.  Too many women are over-fit.

(5) What does Judy really do?  The choreography always looks so stale and old.  

(6) I hate Rycroft's big mouth.

(7) Give me more of the dance teacher who tells it like it is.  Less of the add-on "celebrity" judges.  

I mean I don't like Yuko, but if a girl from Japan wants to be a DCC the more power to her. Most cheerleaders aren't "home grown" unless they're in high school. Cheerleaders in college aren't home grown either.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I mean I don't like Yuko, but if a girl from Japan wants to be a DCC the more power to her. Most cheerleaders aren't "home grown" unless they're in high school. Cheerleaders in college aren't home grown either.

I guess to me I'd rather have cheerleaders for each NFL team actually live in the state they are cheerleading, not temporarily live in the state just to make a coveted cheerleading team.  But I guess that's wishful thinking.

The Cowboys are known for being America's team, so I don't mind candidates being from all over. And if a qualified candidate comes from outside the US...so be it. Charlotte always seems so tickled about international appeal and reach of the brand. 

And not an unpopular opinion, but I do wish the team were more diverse. In a tiny population pool of women to start with I know I can't expect a disproportionate racial makeup, but I would still like to see more candidates like Joanna, Veronica, Kim, etc. The number of AA girls does seem to be on par with US census but still seems light considering the high percent of AA players and fan bases. But the team always seems light on latinas, Asian women from all sides of that continent, etc. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The Cowboys are known for being America's team, so I don't mind candidates being from all over.

Good point.  

I guess again for me I would just prefer to see girls from Texas that grew up idolizing the cheerleaders and know everything about that team versus women from all over who probably are only enamored with the celebrity of being a DCC and wouldn't know anything about the team itself.

• Love 2