Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Monsters

halgia
  • Start Topic

Jesus you suck. I wish Morgan had taken him out.

Morales was only hear to tell Rick he changed and a part of him had died.

Speaking of Rick he left Sophia out when he mentioned the members who were dead.

The Kingdom is killing Saviors so good on them but the King needs to cut out his chatter.

I did laugh when we learned Gregory ate some girls pancakes.

• Love 14

As for the rest of the episode, it was better than the last two. I forgot that Jesus was a wily little asskicker and I laughed so much at Gregory at the gate. He was the MVP of this episode. I hope we see more of Cal. <3

• Love 5

Really Jesus ! that 10 minute fight with Morgan didn't need to happen. If I were Tara I would have shot Jesus and moved on. I'm really tired of the stupid things the writers are having the characters do. Really Maggie! So you let Gregory in instead of shooting him on sight and didn't immediately tell jesus dumbass what he could do with those saviors. Also let me get this straight you are looking for guns but everytime you kill someone with a gun you leave it there because plot? Ezekiel's monologuing is almost unbearable. To save bullets he should just monologue at the saviors and they will kill themselves. 

• Love 20

The only way Negan knew to move the .50 cals is if he knows he's got a mole problem. Things might get hairy for Dwight.

I can't decide who was better at talking that BS, Zeke or Gregory. I am glad Xander Berkeley sticking around for a while.

• Love 10

So, of course after the big cliffhanger last week, Morales quickly gets taken out by Daryl from behind.  Not sure if I find that annoying or hilarious.  Probably both. I did love Rick trying to connect with him over all of his loses and make sure to leave the fact that he was the one who killed Shane, because that probably wouldn't have worked (yeah, yeah, Shane was insane and Rick really didn't have much of a choice, but I don't think that would sway Morales.)

Like with any show, the more Ezekiel and his gang kept winning, the more I knew the rug was going to be pulled from under their feet.  I'm sure he'll be fine, since it look like about three of the Kingdom folks jumped in front of him a shields (say what you will about his speechifying, but the man knows how to inspire men to take bullets for him, I guess), but I worry for Shiva and Jerry.

Jesus' pacifistic views make Morgan so mad that he actually fights him and then leaves in a huff.  Ha!  I kind of don't blame Morgan, to be honest.

I don't care how awful he is, I love Gregory in all of his weaselly glory.  I can't believe he somehow convinced Maggie to let him back in.  Between him and all the Savior POWs being locked up there, I have a feeling Hilltop is going to see some shit.

Daryl's actually become badass again.

No surprise, Eric dies.  At least Aaron gets a baby!

Good cliffhanger at least, although knowing this show, I really wouldn't be surprised if Carol ends up single handily taking them all down, since she always suddenly become invincible in these moments.  More then likely though, it will actually be her only merely taking out 75% of them, and then when all hope looks lost, Rick and Daryl heroically show up to finish off the rest.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 16

Er - was it just me, or did Eric's bullet wound change sides between episodes...?

ETA: Why, yes.  Yes, it did.

S8Ep2: Eric is shot in the lower right quadrant.

S8Ep3: Bullet wound has moved to lower left quadrant.

eric_shot_right.jpg

eric_shot_left.jpg

Edited by Nashville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Cal with the impeccable timing was the highlight of the show.

Well, him and Daryl putting us all out of our misery by shooting an arrow in Morales' monologing ass.  

And, Well, basically Daryl shooting every Savior in sight because they did not have a damn Geneva convention beforehand (you hear that Jesus?) and nobody told him to be merciful.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

Cal with the impeccable timing was the highlight of the show.

Well, him and Daryl putting us all out of our misery by shooting an arrow in Morales' monologing ass.  

And, Well, basically Daryl shooting every Savior in sight because they did not have a damn Geneva convention beforehand (you hear that Jesus?) and nobody told him to be merciful.

And the zombies rolling down the hill.  That was my favorite.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

but I worry for Shiva and Jerry.

If Shiva dies, she better come back as a zombie and eat all these idiots.

Since Zeke didn't seem to understand what Shiva was saying when he was yakking and she showed up behind him growling, I will translate, "Shut up already, and let's get to the killing I am hungry."

• Love 10

I can't decide if the win should go to Darryl for general badassery and knowing who Morales was and killing him anyway or Cal flipping off Gregory and telling Maggie he ate a little girls pancakes. This was a good episode 

Season 8 is shaping up to be a continued rewatch thru the years along with seasons 2 and 5 and the first half of season 3.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 11

Oh, Ezekiel. Don't speechify loudly about your numbers until you reach safety, you Shakespearean-sounding nitwit. He gets points from me because he has a pet tiger and I've always wanted one of those, but, come on, man!

I'm getting combat fatigue from watching the endless scenes of people shooting at each other. You can't even tell who's firing on whom anymore.

Just what Rick & Co. need -- another baby to look after! I guess Gracie is the show's Cousin Oliver.

Eric turned quickly. I felt heartbroken for Aaron and then irritated with the Closed Captioning monkeys who thought he was yelling his own name. They have ONE job!

Well, at least Daryl gets it -- you shoot at the Saviors because they are the bad guys. You don't tie them up in a cat's cradle and let them taunt you and probably later turn on you when they're imprisoned.

No! I can take everything but that. Jim is still sleeping under the tree.

I hope they do find Jim again. And he's cured because he found survivors who were actively working toward restoring humanity.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Thought for a while there were might be looking at a sequel to "Someone Ate the Baby".

Maybe a dingo ate the baby.

Damnit Jesus, listen to Morgan.  He has personal experience with the follies of keeping prisoners of war.  

Tara finally turns the corner.  I liked her wanting to shoot the saviors, and enjoyed her training her weapon on them from the back of the car.   She was finally believable. 

I love Gregory.  He’s a smarmy weasel, but I love him.

please people, if you survive, stop at the nearest Party Supermarket and get Ezekiel    A new wig. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Tara finally turns the corner.  I liked her wanting to shoot the saviors, and enjoyed her training her weapon on them from the back of the car.   She was finally believable. 

I totally get where Tara is coming from, but she needs to remember what happened at the prison. Not saying that she needs to be all in for taking prisoners, just that she might want to keep her past in mind.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I totally get where Tara is coming from, but she needs to remember what happened at the prison. Not saying that she needs to be all in for taking prisoners, just that she might want to keep her past in mind.

I think that it is because Tara remembers that she wants to kill the saviors. She instantly realized that it was mistake to ally with Phillip and kill people who she didn't know. Tara refused to fight, to even pull the trigger because she knew what they were doing was wrong. This hasn't occurred to one of these saviors? They lack consciences and/or souls.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
Just now, SimoneS said:

It is because Tara remembers that she wants to kill the saviors. She instantly realized that it was mistake to ally with Phillip and kill people who she didn't know. Tara  refused to fight, to even pull the trigger because she knew what they were doing was wrong. This hasn't occurred to one of these saviors? They lack consciences and/or souls.

How do we know how long these saviors have been with Negan? Has he coerced any of them with threats toward any family they might have at the Sanctuary? Do we know if Negan and/or his lieutenants have been telling all the foot soldiers the truth?  We don't know if they lack consciences (aside from the long-haired asshole). We don't know much about them at all right now. I'm not saying Tara is wrong. I'm just saying that the situation might not be as black and white as she thinks it is.

• Love 5

This one was an improvement. I had a few moments of actually connecting with some characters (welcome back Daryl...and I think I love you Cal)...but i did spend a fair amount of time just listening from the kitchen instead of watching.

It makes me very sad to say that.

Hopefully i'll find more to keep my attention next week.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

How do we know how long these saviors have been with Negan? Has he coerced any of them with threats toward any family they might have at the Sanctuary? Do we know if Negan and/or his lieutenants have been telling all the foot soldiers the truth?  We don't know if they lack consciences (aside from the long-haired asshole). We don't know much about them at all right now. I'm not saying Tara is wrong. I'm just saying that the situation might not be as black and white as she thinks it is.

Good point, but other than those poor women he is raping and Eugene, have Team Rick encountered one who refuses to join the fight or lets them go? I am asking because I only watched a few episodes last season.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Good point, but other than those poor women he is raping and Eugene, have Team Rick encountered one who refuses to join the fight or lets them go? I am asking because I only watched a few episodes last season.

I don't think Rick and co. have encountered any. I may be wrong, I zoned out on a lot of last season, too.

Random thoughts on this one:

Eric and Aaron’s final scene together was really some of the best written dialogue this show has ever had. 

Gregory provided some much needed comic relief. I could watch Maggie rip him a new asshole all day long.

Jesus and Morgan were both working my nerves but that fight scene was fire and anytime Tom Payne’s hair gets whipped around I’m here for it.

That walker was chewing on that captured Savior’s head almost as hard as Morales was chewing the scenery.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

I'm all for turning the whole show into "characters start making pretentious or tedious speeches" and Darryl pops up and shoots them.  It doesn't have to make any narrative sense

LOL, cosign!

Eric and Aaron...meh.  I barely remember Eric being on the show, so can't get too worked up about his demise. 

The Jesus/Morgan fight was well done, but I'm kiiinda pissed off that it was written for Jesus to win.  His character has become so obnoxious, and Morgan should remain as the invincible, mystical badass of hand-to-hand combat.  I felt robbed of that illusion.

Rolling Walkers...a great name for a rock band, besides being my favorite scene in tonight's show.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Starchild said:

If I had to let someone I loved wander off as a zombie, I would feel guilty about them walking around like that for the rest of my life. Poor Aaron.

A sign of true love in the ZA is putting down someone who's turned.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bobbyjoe said:

I'm all for turning the whole show into "characters start making pretentious or tedious speeches" and Darryl pops up and shoots them.  It doesn't have to make any narrative sense about where Darryl's supposed to be at any given time.  And it doesn't matter which side the boring speechifier is on.  Just anytime somebody, anybody starts with the "blah,blah,blah" Darryl pops up and shoots them.  That's the show I want to see these days.

I want to like this post 100 times.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SnarkyTart said:

Rolling Walkers...a great name for a rock band, besides being my favorite scene in tonight's show.

Really?  I had the same thought, but was leaning more towards “Walkin’ Rollers”....  :>

• Love 3

I kept thinking Zeke had a copy of "The Art of War" in his pocket and felt this made him invincible.  Why did Maggie believe Gregory this time?  Seriously, the man would say anything to get back in.  Also, her yelling at Gregory to go when talking to Jesus was the worst acting I've seen in a while.  I'm a mom and could have made that more believable. lol   Jesus all you are doing is keeping a group of future "bad guys" who will escape, gain more people and come at you again.  It's too early to think them weary enough to give in to living among you.    The whole thing with Carol being all into fighting with Zeke seems kind of strange to me.  

• Love 1

Jesus choosing now to save lives is really ridiculous. If he wants to be with the hostages then he can watch them by himself. It really shouldn't be his decision alone and people should vote on whether or not they keep them alive. Morgan pointed out that the Saviors will not hesitate to try and escape which was evident. Jesus don't think that the Saviors won't hesitate to put a bullet in his head the minute they get an opportunity. If only Morgan had beat some sense into him. 

Morales/Rick scene was just nothing more than to make some fans happy.

I feel bad for my baby Aaron as Ross Marquand did a good job in this episode with his pain but I didn't care much for his relationship with Lori 2.0. Right now don't want him with Jesus either. Maybe when Jesus picks his brain off the table and put it back in his skull.

Daryl is just ugh always been ugh since arriving in Alexandria. Don't think writers can do anything at this point to make him interesting. Time to kill him off.

Ezekiel and all that yakking you knew something was going to happen. The Kingdom people risking their lives to save him was a little much. Oooh save the king.

Maggie actually buying that bull Gregory was spitting out. Greg will do anything to save his own ass and will step on, double cross, and betray anyone to save his own skin. 

I'm still finding it a little hard to take Maggie seriously as the new leader of Hilltop. It's not the acting because LH isn't terrible but there's still something a little off. Maybe it's the southern accent, cause it seems she struggles with it and it's not working. 

The episode wan't a complete loss. Jesus/Morgan fight was good and Cal flipping off Greg.

16 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Maggie actually buying that bull Gregory was spitting out. Greg will do anything to save his own ass and will step on, double cross, and betray anyone to save his own skin.

I don't think that Maggie bought jack shit from Gregory.  She knows very well who and what he is.  She just let him in because she's not the person he is.  Personally, yes, I would've left him out there to die, as well.  Especially when it became apparent to her and Enid that he'd left poor Gabriel out to dry.  But it's not in her nature to leave anyone to die.  If nothing else, she just showed that she is a far better human being than he is.

Still would've left him to fend for himself, though.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, TigerLynx said:

For the love of God, someone kill Jesus.  I cannot believe how much I have grown to hate this character.

Why when Morgan and Jesus were wasting time fighting each other, did Tara not kill the Saviors who tried to run away?  Put your money where your mouth is.

I certainly don't hate Jesus, but I'm definitely tired of his wanting to save people's lives.  Both Tara and Morgan were right that they should just kill them.

As for the other Saviors, Tara and the other anonymous Kingdom members simply recaptured them and were probably taking them back to the road while Morgan and Jesus were fighting.

Katelyn Nacon seems to be improving steadily.  She's settling into playing Enid fairly well.  I actually liked her acting in the scenes with Maggie this week.

And to go outside of the episode, do kids become Walker chow all that often?  That flashback in the new "Red Machete" mini-episode was brutal.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Jesus you suck. I wish Morgan had taken him out.

Morales was only hear to tell Rick he changed and a part of him had died.

Speaking of Rick he left Sophia out when he mentioned the members who were dead.

The Kingdom is killing Saviors so good on them but the King needs to cut out his chatter.

I did laugh when we learned Gregory ate some girls pancakes.

Did he also leave Dale out of his monologue of tragedy? 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Well, at least Daryl gets it -- you shoot at the Saviors because they are the bad guys. You don't tie them up in a cat's cradle and let them taunt you and probably later turn on you when they're imprisoned.

This. 

Jesus, honey... a guy taunting you has not "surrendered".   It's bad enough you don't have the resources to deal with people who may be giving a real surrender-- that guy needed to go. 

1 hour ago, kelslamu said:

Why did Maggie believe Gregory this time?  Seriously, the man would say anything to get back in.  Also, her yelling at Gregory to go when talking to Jesus was the worst acting I've seen in a while. 

Like others have said, I don't think she believed him.  I think she decided he's just too pathetic to give a moment's thought to.  This, of course, will later bite her in the ass.

As for her acting, she's never really bothered me the way she bothers a lot of other people.  But last night?  I agree with you.  That was so, SO BAD.  

And finally, as for the rolling walkers:  To me they didn't just fall down the hill but seemed to be gleefully throwing themselves down the hill.  It both took me out of the scene and cracked me up.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

When Daryl had the initial run-in with Dwight, he and his wife and SIL were running away from Negan because they really didn't want to be a part of that. And it really did not turn out well at all for Dwight and his wife. (Sherry?)

Then when Michonne was out alone trying to find the Sanctuary, the Saviorette that she took prisoner ended up choosing suicide-by-Michonne rather than returning to her life under Negan.

Tara hasn't had any contact with Saviors who aren't of the psycopathic variety, though, so I get her wanting to kill them all.

• Love 8