Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Freakshow

• Start Topic

I found this episode to be pretty boring. Amaya has a semi interesting plot though I could care elss about her drama with Nate (did his face get rounder and more plump?).  It was nice seeing Laurel and Mari even if was just through photos and very brief mentions. Really hope they can get Megalyn for an episode or two.

• Love 2

This wasn’t one of their best eps. But I like that Amaya’s back with her new crazy powers. Sara knows about losing control from her bloodlust days, hope the show remembers that. Sara and Amaya work well as a team, they don’t need the rest of them.

Nice glimpse of Mari and Amaya stalking her granddaughter. While her other granddaughter just rose out of the water.

Yep, Ava is Sara’s new love interest. I guess it’s nice of her to say that Sara could’ve joined the Time Bureau. If she liked following rules.

PT Barnum had a lot of scenes because Billy Zane was playing him.  

I hope they eventually slow down on the Legends being screw ups, because they are really forcing it now. When last season they at least had a reason to screw up and didn’t just screw it up for plot.  Also making it Nate every time is not going to make people like him.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Good lord, when did Ray, Jax, and Nate turn into the three stooges?  And what is it with having a superpowered teammate who turns into a danger to everyone whenever they use their powers?  They're already doing this on the Flash.

Yeah, getting captured by PT Barnum and being forced to perform as circus freaks by circus freaks is a real low point for the Legends.  It was hard to take that threat seriously.  Nate was pretty insufferable in this episode as well.  Billy Zane seemed to be doing a Christopher Walken impersonation...does he always do that? 

Still, there is some definite good stuff here.  Sara vs Ava, the return of Amaya, who is pretty awesome herself and the teams reaction to their new threat at the end.

• Love 5

Mr Sneezers (I think that was what Ray called him) was super cute. It’s a shame he couldn’t stay. 

The episode wasn’t bad but I feel like they keep trying too hard with Nate. Things just sloooooooow down when he’s focused on. 

Sara told them to stay on the ship while she and Amaya solved the kitty problem so OF COURSE Nate, Jax, and Ray head to a saloon. And OF COURSE Sara and Amaya solved the kitty problem while the guys made the anachronism level worse. It does seem like they went so Nate could drink away his Amaya sorrows but Ray and Jax know better so they’re not off the hook. 

I am intrigued by...Malice? They wear robes while chanting all sinister-y so they’re up to no good. Should be fun. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, benteen said:

Yeah, getting captured by PT Barnum and being forced to perform as circus freaks by circus freaks is a real low point for the Legends.  It was hard to take that threat seriously.  Nate was pretty insufferable in this episode as well.  Billy Zane seemed to be doing a Christopher Walken impersonation...does he always do that?

Billy Zane doesn't usually sound like Christopher Walken.

Well, they were captured by a dude who looks like Bwana Beast, but has absolutely no powers. That's a pretty serious threat.

1 minute ago, benteen said:

Still, there is some definite good stuff here.  Sara vs Ava, the return of Amaya, who is pretty awesome herself and the teams reaction to their new threat at the end.

The Amaya stuff looks really interesting. Kuasa was Mari's older sister who gained control of the water totem in the Vixen web series on CW Seed.

• Love 1

Yeah, this was not one of their better outings. Come on guys, how many super villains have you defeated at this point? You stopped an immortal dictator not too long ago, now your struggling to defeat a bunch of rejects from American Horror Story: Freak Show? I know that the Legends screw up a lot (its a part of their charm) but its usually balanced with some real shows of competence and creative thinking. This is just...silly. 

I guess Nate is the screw up this season. Thats two episodes in a row where he was the one who messed everything up! At least when Ray was screwing things up a lot in season 1, it was usually understandable mistakes, or because he gets really emotionally involved with people and acts out of that. Nate keeps screwing up in ways that are SUPER dumb and kind of dick behaviors. And I usually like Nate! 

Anyway, I still enjoyed the episode, besides my complaints. We still got a decent Sara fight scene, Stein as a clown, Mick conquering his fear of clowns for the team, the guys get into yet another bar brawl, Mick befriends an adorable saber toothed tiger, the whole team (except Nate) giving Amaya big hugs when she returns, there was still good stuff. Plus, the new villain looks promisingly creepy. It seems like it might tie into the Amaya plot of her losing control of her powers, which also seems promising, so I am super excited about things to come. 

• Love 5

More fun shit, as the Legends escalate a situation was faster than it needed to be. But if they hadn't, we'd only have seven minutes of action, and the rest of the episode would feature Nate/Amaya angst.

I'm not lumping Jax in with Ray and Nate, though I feel that the kid of that group should be the adult. "Guys, maybe it's because I'm empathically tethered to an old genius, but I think if you live thought this, Sara will kill you." Good that we got Firestorm again . . . but then a possessed Amaya punches him/them for a loop. And Jax is probably still spitting out phantom greasepaint upon defusing with Martin.

Sara is still awesome. She can give a fuck, and then she's capable of not giving a fuck . . . so woe upon Gary the Time Bureau asshole who got made and knocked the hell out. And then she fights Ava to a standstill, even after losing a baton.

Did not remember Victor Garber being in Titanic; I thought the ship's mention was a nod towards Billy Zane.

I'm glad Amaya is back for now. Sara has her (platonic) girlfriend back, and she can help her with getting overwhelmed by the totem.

Great, now I want scenes of Mick and Snart, where the future Captain Cold puts on clown makeup and chases his partner for several miles.

42 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Embiggens!!!!!

Ms. Marvel has gotten a lot of mileage from that in her comic.

• Love 3

I didn’t love this episode. I get they’re screw ups but I don’t remember them being this intentionally stupid before. They usually have some basic sense. I get that they have to look like the hot mesees they are so they can step up to save the world but they could dial it back a touch.

Really really happy to see Amaya back though, i just hope she doesn’t get too many Nate scenes. They need to have her spend more time with Mick. I liked them together and Mick is way more fun to get drunk with.

• Love 5

Well, now we know why they aired a compilation of the Vixen web series a few weeks ago.

The Legends were particularly dumb this episode.  I'll fan wank they're just shaking out the cobwebs.   This time.

The Titanic joke was amusing...until they took the pregnant pause after.  Why didn't they just have Garber turn to the camera and say "You get it, right?  It's funny because I was in Titanic".

Is the blonde Time Cop going to show up every week and threaten to arrest them?  'Cause that's gonna get old REAL quick.  And now what the what?  No the Time Bureau is a government agency that has negotiated with the UN?   In what year? 

• Love 3

While it might not have been the most consequential episode, I thought it was funny as hell. And it did the impossible: it got me interested in Amaya and Nate.

I must point out that unlike Mr. "Pound Town" Jax, Ray was not led into the lair of P.T. Barnum by his Shrink-Ray. Nubile acrobats held no sway over him; he was enticed by the circus.

I can't tell you how much I loved Mick playing poker with the guys, Mick welcoming Amaya back with a hug, Mick trying to feed the saber-tooth tiger (dressed as a chef!), Mick trying to make Amaya feel better by pointing out they've all done terrible things (and gently ribbing Haircut to boot - not enough interaction for my liking but I'll take it). Mick is no longer isolating himself and is trying to be one of the crew.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 9

I'm not sure how Victor Garber felt about playing a clown, but I have a feeling Billy Zane was having the time of his life with this one.  And props both to the VFX guys for the tiger, and to the fight choreographer for the extended battle between Sarah and whats-her-name.

• Love 4

Nice Titanic shout-out..going to miss Garber when he departs :(

Is this "Malice" a single person or an organization? wasnt clear when Rip first made mention..

Calling it now,Sara and Agent Sharp just might hook up before the season ends..all it might take is a episode where the two get stranded somewhere,cut off from the Legends/TB

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I guess Nate is the screw up this season.

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I hope they eventually slow down on the Legends being screw ups, because they are really forcing it now. When last season they at least had a reason to screw up and didn’t just screw it up for plot.  Also making it Nate every time is not going to make people like him.

Yeah, forget carrying the Idiot Ball, Nate contracted the Idiot Pox and spread it to the rest of the team. Sheesh! More plot contrivances than you can count this week. But there was still enough fun stuff to make it worthwhile, like Amaya's power upgrade, Sara being awesome, and most of Mick's scenes, especially what he said to Amaya at the end about everyone having regrets. Fun stuff. And Mick is right. Clowns are creepy.

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Embiggens!!!!!

It's a perfectly cromulent word. ;)

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Mr Sneezers (I think that was what Ray called him) was super cute. It’s a shame he couldn’t stay. 

It sounded like Mr. Sneezums to me but I could well be wrong. Either way, Saber-Toothed Kitten was so adorable. I want one. Nice touch even Mick took a liking to him. (But Sara's not a cat person?! She just lost a few cool points in my book. Granted she still has a hell of a lot of them left, though, so she's still pretty awesome).

Yep, Ava is Sara’s new love interest.

Hopefully they intend to do more to develop her character besides having her show up every week and be Agent CrankyMcScoldyPants. Because that's going to get old fast. But she has potential to be an interesting black/white morality contrast to the batshit chaotic grey morality of the Legends. Now we just need more Rip. With more hair.

So we meet Zari next week? Cool! I've been looking forward to her since they announced it.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 3

So...yeah. Sara/Ava won me over tonight. I'm all in.

IA with everyone else. Ray, Nate, and Jax were extra stupid tonight.

Loved all the mini Sabretooth tiger scenes.

I find it hard to invest in Amaya since they've set up her exit from the show. I wonder if they'll find a way to keep her or at least MRS since she seems popular.

I hope Nate/Amaya remain over.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Well, now we know why they aired a compilation of the Vixen web series a few weeks ago.

The Legends were particularly dumb this episode.  I'll fan wank they're just shaking out the cobwebs.   This time.

The Titanic joke was amusing...until they took the pregnant pause after.  Why didn't they just have Garber turn to the camera and say "You get it, right?  It's funny because I was in Titanic".

Is the blonde Time Cop going to show up every week and threaten to arrest them?  'Cause that's gonna get old REAL quick.  And now what the what?  No the Time Bureau is a government agency that has negotiated with the UN?   In what year? 

The way that things are going, probably not.  Soon, she'll be showing up every week to bang Sara instead.

• Love 4

Why do I have a feeling that this particular part of P.T. Barnum's life will not be featured in that Hugh Jackman movie that is suppose to be coming out this Christmas?!

OK, Legends.  You are no longer allowed to have Ray, Nate, and Jax be together unsupervised, because they apparently really bring the worst out of each other. Even by their standards, there was a whole lot of stupid going on, and really, it can start all with Nate even opening the sabertooth's cage before Ray calibrated the shrink ray.  But they can't be trusted unless either Captain Sara, Uncle Martin, or even Drunk Uncle Mick are around to keep an eye on them.

Sharpe is totally going to end up hooking up with Sara.  Other then that, I still think her main reason is because Arthur Darvill is no longer a regular and she's going to be representing the Time Agents.

Billy Zane was having the time of his life camping it up.

Yes, I totally laughed over the obvious Titanic remark delivered by Victor Garber.  Just like I did in the first season when Snart/Wentworth Miller said "This isn't are first Prison Break!"  I can be so easy sometimes.

So, Amaya's power is now making her very violent, so this going to be why she remains aboard until they can figure this out.  I'm glad she's back, even though I still think she deserves way better then Nate.  Hopefully we'll get more of her bizarre friendship with Mick.

A brief hint at the new big threat.  Recognize the actress from Quantico.

Overall, an episode that I laughed and enjoyed while watching, but will admit it was weak on a lot of levels now that it is done.  Still more entertaining then it has any right to be.

• Love 5

It was a fun enough episode, but Nate really put the damper on it.  He's becoming the Gilligan without the charm.  Someone needs to start wearing a hat to hit him with.  It also showed how much he takes away from the others, especially Ray and Mick.  But we were lucky enough to see a few hints of what Brandon Routh and Dominic Purcell can do.

It's good to have Amaya back though, but she's saddled a lot with Nate.  The whole animal taking control thing would be a perfect storyline for her and Mick, after their discussion about it last year.

They need something to do with time agent lady besides showing up and threatening the crew, mainly Sara.  I assume eventually, she'll fall for Sarah's charms like the rest of us.  Caity Lotz is awesome, and always the one to watch in every scene, like her 'eh, nope' face when Ray mentioned the discussion about not calling it a shrink ray (and word of advice, Ray, if you make a ray that shrinks things, it's going to be called a shrink ray).

Loved Victor Garber's line about the Titanic builder.

I totally want a little sabertooth cat like Mr. Sneezums.

• Love 7

Yeah, Nate was very irritating this episode, more so than usually. I tend to like the guy and think he has potential, but they're just handing him Ray's Idiot Stick, but even worse. 

First off, that flashback with Nate/Amaya reminded me why I didn't hate them, but...Nate, you don't have to get her to stop cooking if she really wants to make those donuts from scratch. That scene ended on a sour note for me. I get why Nate's hurt and all, but his manpain is really affecting what he does this season, and it's affecting my ability to tolerate him. I think they need to find something to do with him, or ship him off at the end of the season. 

I do like myself some Billy Zane, and PT was definitely a fun character. It's too bad I just simply didn't like the episode all that much.

I thought the mini Saber tooth Tiger scenes were super cute. Mick didn't have that much to do, which is a shame. I still like him and Amaya together. I hope we see more of them together.

Yeah, Ava/Sara are so getting together. What a surprise. 

I did laugh at Victor Garber's Titanic line. Even more convenient that Billy Zane was also in this episode. 

• Love 6

^^ I say why wait until the end of the season to ship Nate off? Let’s do it now so the collective IQ of the Legends can get back up into double digits.

I definitely agree Nate came off as too condescending during the apartment scene with Amaya. It’s like things between them have to be his way or the highway.

Forgot to mention last night I enjoyed how both Sara and Agent (Ava?) were equally annoyed by Gary. Ava seemed quite willing to just leave him on the Waverider and head back alone. “My foot is definitely asleep!”

• Love 3
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, this was not one of their better outings. Come on guys, how many super villains have you defeated at this point? You stopped an immortal dictator not too long ago, now your struggling to defeat a bunch of rejects from American Horror Story: Freak Show? I know that the Legends screw up a lot (its a part of their charm) but its usually balanced with some real shows of competence and creative thinking. This is just...silly. 

I guess Nate is the screw up this season. Thats two episodes in a row where he was the one who messed everything up! At least when Ray was screwing things up a lot in season 1, it was usually understandable mistakes, or because he gets really emotionally involved with people and acts out of that. Nate keeps screwing up in ways that are SUPER dumb and kind of dick behaviors. And I usually like Nate! 

Anyway, I still enjoyed the episode, besides my complaints. We still got a decent Sara fight scene, Stein as a clown, Mick conquering his fear of clowns for the team, the guys get into yet another bar brawl, Mick befriends an adorable saber toothed tiger, the whole team (except Nate) giving Amaya big hugs when she returns, there was still good stuff. Plus, the new villain looks promisingly creepy. It seems like it might tie into the Amaya plot of her losing control of her powers, which also seems promising, so I am super excited about things to come. 

I've seen the Nate actor on too many shows trotting out the same character so it's hard for me to not eye roll at his scenes although I do like that he plays the show encyclopedia. Every season. this show has a subplot or character I couldn't care less about; the star-crossed lovers and cartoon villain, Snart, Amaya and Nate. I would've liked Amaya if she hadn't been saddled with being Nate's one true love.

Edited by Lilacly
  • Love 1

Honorable mention to the bit right towards the end where Sara brought the warning of a coming danger than "even scares the Time Bureau" and then everyone, Sara included, just burst into giggles.

• Love 10

I feared this when I read/saw some interview on how "the Legends are best when they screw things up". Well, kinda, but not like this. If they screw up the timeline because they try to save someone or to fix something they shouldn`t, in essence through being kindhearted, that is one thing. But due stupidity and incompetence? That is quite another. Thankfully they left Sara and Amaya out of the idiot circle. 

Don`t like the Time Bureau chick. She just comes across as bitchy to me. And while she can fight, this episode showed her to be overall less capable and strong then she seems believe herself to be. Being full of yourself isn`t an enjoyable character trait even when you live up to the hype. She doesn`t. And IMO she fits terribly with Sara. She isn`t really the right character to pair with the bitchy stereotype if any character even is. And she can`t hold a candle to Nyssa. Or Snart. 

Now I did like that Sara owned every scene they were in together but I don`t like the pairing in whatever context.  

Honorable mention to the bit right towards the end where Sara brought the warning of a coming danger than "even scares the Time Bureau" and then everyone, Sara included, just burst into giggles.

Loved that. It`s the "even" that kills it. The Time Bureau being scared of something wouldn`t be a big indicator of something actually being scary. If last Season they had said "even the Legion is scared of..." or heck much as I hated him, Savage for this, too, it would have held some weight. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3

The Legends often screwed up the timeline but they were never bumbling idiots. They were usually trying to save someone or do something else. They are even acting like this anachronism screw up was because the Legends were stupid not because they were tying to save the world from an even worse timeline of a world run by villains. They saved humanity the only way they could by trying to stop it from ever happening in the first place.  Sara depowering the Spear was probably the smartest thing to do with that kind of weapon and no one else thought to do that.  No one should have that kind of power. I also don't like that Rip apparently didn't tell his Time Bureau about his part in all of that and the fact that he was with the Legends during that and went along with them. If he the experienced time traveler had a better idea, no one was stopping him from saying it. Sara even told him they had an idea that he wouldn't like. That is when he should've come up with his plan, he obviously didn't have one. There was no rule for that so he was useless in that situation. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The Legends often screwed up the timeline but they were never bumbling idiots. They were usually trying to save someone or do something else. They are even acting like this anachronism screw up was because the Legends were stupid not because they were tying to save the world from an even worse timeline of a world run by villains. They saved humanity the only way they could by trying to stop it from ever happening in the first place.  Sara depowering the Spear was probably the smartest thing to do with that kind of weapon and no one else thought to do that.  No one should have that kind of power. I also don't like that Rip apparently didn't tell his Time Bureau about his part in all of that and the fact that he was with the Legends during that and went along with them. If he the experienced time traveler had a better idea, no one was stopping him from saying it. Sara even told him they had an idea that he wouldn't like. That is when he should've come up with his plan, he obviously didn't have one. There was no rule for that so he was useless in that situation. 

All of that is true and all of that was likely weighing heavily on Rip's mind as he set about creating the Time Bureau.  The whole point of the TB is to keep things from getting so bad that you have to break Time itself to fix them.

• Love 4

All of that is true and all of that was likely weighing heavily on Rip's mind as he set about creating the Time Bureau.  The whole point of the TB is to keep things from getting so bad that you have to break Time itself to fix them.

To fulfill that purpose, why was it necessary to badmouth his former team to his new employees so much that apparently the entire TB thinks the Legends are dumb garbage. And since they don`t seem to think that about Rip, he obviously left himself out of the badmouthing stories. 

No matter what happened, those were his former colleagues and, I thought, friends so IMO they deserved more than to be trashed beyond the telling of it behind their backs. This was obviously a writing choice to create the tension with the TB but it negatively reflect on Rip`s character for me. 

And this new portrayal of the Legends are painfully incompetent is just another bad move to juxtapose how they work vs. the TB. Sigh.

• Love 3

Rip creating the Bureau to deal with problems in a less destructive way than the Legends is fine. Considering how often he chided them for losing super tech, openly using their super powers in public and getting into bar brawls wherever they went I can understand his reasoning. What I don't understand, like many of you, is why he felt is necessary to badmouth the Legends to his people to this degree. I mean, I think it's fair to use them as an example of how NOT to correct an aberration, but to drill it into everyone one of his agents that the Legends are thoroughly incompetent and incapable of doing anything right, while somehow ignoring the fact he had a hand in everything they did, including their very existence as a team, and that while they do as much harm as help they do manage to get the job done in the end, is just covering his own ass or being willfully ignorant.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

To fulfill that purpose, why was it necessary to badmouth his former team to his new employees so much that apparently the entire TB thinks the Legends are dumb garbage. And since they don`t seem to think that about Rip, he obviously left himself out of the badmouthing stories. 

No matter what happened, those were his former colleagues and, I thought, friends so IMO they deserved more than to be trashed beyond the telling of it behind their backs. This was obviously a writing choice to create the tension with the TB but it negatively reflect on Rip`s character for me. 

I think this is a prime example of making new mistakes while desperately trying to avoid old ones.  In the normal course of things the Legends would likely get a certain amount of hero worship from Time Bureau agents.  These were people who knew and flew with "Bureau Chief Hunter" before he was Bureau Chief Hunter.  They killed the immortal demigod, Vandal Savage, destroyed the corrupt Time Masters, brought down the Legion of Doom and even depowered the Spear of Destiny.  And they did all this as Rip's partners and equals.  So they would normally be considered people to admire and even emulate. 

Except Rip didn't want his Bureau to admire or especially to emulate the people who broke Time, so he deliberately cast them as people who couldn't be trusted to clean up spilled milk, much less aberrations in Time.  The problem with that (aside from the unfairness of it) is that his people now completely underestimate the Legends and also won't be likely to trust them or go along with them when they are, in fact, correct about something.  I suspect this will lead to their undoing once Mallus becomes more active.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 3

Boo, Nate! 

Anyways, I liked that everyone was happy to see Amaya and gave her a big hug. Sara and Amaya are a great team, love the friendship they have going. I liked that Sara went to get her to fix the problem quickly but was not forcing the issue at all, and would have left if that was what Amaya wanted. 

The tiger was super cute, and Mick trying to feed it was cuter. 

Ray and Jax (and everyone else) need to stay away from Nate.

The writing for the flashback Nate/Amaya scene was badddd. Nate came off as a super douche; Amaya was trying to do something nice for you! And their relationship is basically sex is what I am getting from their interactions, especially from Nate. 

They have completed changed Nate's characterization since what they told us he was in episode 1 of last season. 

Edited by dkb
  • Love 2

For me it's Rip left himself out of the equation. He was there with them when they broke time. He should take responsibility for that. But once again he withheld the full truth to put his new team together. I wouldn't be surprised if Rip created the Time Masters through forming the Time Bureau. 

I guess Sara did earn some respect when Ava said Rip should've recruited her. But unlike Rip, Sara's loyal to her friends. 

I really hope Nate and Amaya are done.. All he seems to do is talk about is sex with her. She told him not to be home and was making donuts from scratch for him. He ignored her wishes, thought it was about sex and asked her why she was baking for him. What an ungrateful boyfriend he is. I really hope he's not her kid's father, I have no idea what she sees in him. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Favorite throw away funny moment might have been when Mick was saying that they’ve all done things they aren’t proud of “except Haircut” and Ray just cheerfully throws out that he sometimes doesn’t turn his library books in on time! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I really hope Nate and Amaya are done.. All he seems to do is talk about is sex with her. She told him not to be home and was making donuts from scratch for him. He ignored her wishes, thought it was about sex and asked her why she was baking for him. What an ungrateful boyfriend he is. I really hope he's not her kid's father, I have no idea what she sees in him. 

I agree. Last season I was ambivalent about Nate at first. I didn't dislike like him, I just didn't understand what purpose he served since he was a terrible historian and I got tired of the turn into metal and act like a living shield thing pretty quickly. But then he started dating Amaya, who I did like, which meant almost all of her scenes had him in them. But you're right, in the flashback he was obnoxious, in what was supposed to be a cute way I suppose, by teasing her for cooking him his favorite food from scratch instead of buying it from the store.

24 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Favorite throw away funny moment might have been when Mick was saying that they’ve all done things they aren’t proud of “except Haircut” and Ray just cheerfully throws out that he sometimes doesn’t turn his library books in on time!

It's all because of Purcell that a character like Mick is so much fun to watch. And Routh, I think, has found the perfect balance between Ray's genius and dorkiness, except for most of his scenes with Nate, where he often seems to lose brain cells.

• Love 6
On 10/17/2017 at 10:06 PM, Sakura12 said:

This wasn’t one of their best eps. But I like that Amaya’s back with her new crazy powers. Sara knows about losing control from her bloodlust days, hope the show remembers that. Sara and Amaya work well as a team, they don’t need the rest of them.

Nice glimpse of Mari and Amaya stalking her granddaughter. While her other granddaughter just rose out of the water.

I hoped I would never see "for plot" on a LoT post.... AAH! Of course, I agree with you that they slow down the Legends screw ups. I really don't remember them being that bad or causing that many problems in the past 2 seasons. Rip, the Time Masters, Vandal and the Legions of Doom also caused a lot of the mistakes and time problems. I think the writers forgot that. The last 2 seasons were not just LoT running a muck around history for no reason. It's frustrating that they are being reduced to bumbling idiots.

I did like the subplot of Amaya losing control. Thx for the heads up about the granddaughter in the water I had no idea who it was. And frankly, I'm tired with the Flarrowverses annual bad guy reveal incognito in the first few episodes. I could have done without the mysterious robed person.

Seriously, I knew the episode was going to flop when they failed to make a good Titanic joke. It was probably their worst episode to date. Beyond Amaya's subplot, there wasn't much to write about. And certainly little positive to comment on. I'm glad it was not a pivotal episode. I am sad it was the 2nd episode out of the gate. If they wanted to attract audiences, this was not the episode to bring people in.

I'm done with Nate's broken heart. I'm glad they explained it, but I have no interest in furthering the romantic melodrama of Nate & Amaya.

PT Barnum was not well executed in either script or performance.

The Saber Tooth CGI was entertaining. Liked Ray's shrink ray tool, good idea. Glad to see SL/CL doing actual fight scenes.

And the other good part was Gary, who knew Gary could be so funny??

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kismet said:

PT Barnum was not well executed in either script or performance.

Barnum was notorious for ripping off the "rubes".  The first room in his circus had a sign that said "This way to the EGRESS!!!"  People didn't realize that meant exit, and had to repay to see the rest of the rooms.  But I doubt he would have countenanced such shoddy workmanship as "Yin and Yang"s costume (see the "Feejee Mermaid").

• Love 2
On 18/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Billy Zane is such a waste as a 1 off circus character. He is big bad material. 

I thought having him and Victor Garber in the same episode was fun.   Both were in titanic and they even managed to squeeze in a joke about Victor 'inventing' it!  

Not my favourite episode but still a good one though.

The Titanic jokes were on point but shame there was no Stein and Barnum interactions though. I did like Zane in the latter role, thought he was pretty OTT but fun nonetheless in it.

Ray, Jax and Nate all had stupidity lapses in this episode and Nate was pretty vexing in parts too. 

I did like all the Amaya scenes in this episode and the fact that the episode opened with Mari and ended with Kuasa as well.

Why do I get the feeling that aside from being set up as a future love interest for Sara, that Ava might also be one of Mallus's followers as well? Maybe I'm wrong though.

All of Mick's scenes were great in this one as well and I kind of liked Gary, hapless as he was, 7/10

• Love 4
10 hours ago, kismet said:

I did like the subplot of Amaya losing control. Thx for the heads up about the granddaughter in the water I had no idea who it was.

Me neither. This comes from the online animated series, yes? I tried watching it once but the CW site and I didn't get along. Are they assuming everyone watching the actual TV show will have watched what is essentially supplemental material, or do you think they will explain it on screen?

• Love 1

I'm sure they will explain who Kuasa is. Amaya is going to be fighting her own granddaughter. I guess Gideon didn't let her know her daughter had 2 kids Kuasa and Mari. That will make it more personal for her. She's scared of her powers, seeing that one of her granddaughter's is evil will show her what she has the possibility of becoming. 

However this would make Amaya safe since Kuasa wouldn't want to erase her own existence. 

• Love 2

Why do I get the feeling that aside from being set up as a future love interest for Sara, that Ava might also be one of Mallus's followers as well? Maybe I'm wrong though.

That was my thought as well. I thought the woman in the hood sounded like her and it seems likely Mallus has someone in the time bureau. I wonder if she will be redeemable if that is the case?

Nate really annoyed me this episode. They need to tone down the frat bro personality and stupidity they've given him this season.

• Love 1