Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love You, Mean It

nikita
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

actually like the idea of hyphenating Aubree's name now. With the marriage and new baby, she is probably already feeling a little isolated; everyone in her house shares a name but her. It is a simple act, but a symbolic one, to make her feel included.

She is about the age where all the people in her family having the same last name is important. I knew a family who had several children before they married. One of the kids was excited by them all getting cards in the mail and "reading" the addresses: Susie Smith, Jamie Smith, Sarah Smith, Daddy Smith, Mommy Smith... no? Mommy Jones? Why? Kids that age desperately want to be part of a family. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

When he left, did he say he was going to the hardware store "for my wedding?"  

ETA @FlowerofCarnage   Posted before I saw yours. So true!  

I’m sure it was something DIY’y that will come out half-assed because these chucklefucks probably can’t use tools correctly or they get high and lazy before the job is done, but all I can think of is a kidnapper’s kit from ID channel—tape, zip ties, large container, concrete mix...That whole exchange was weird and I hope all the grandmas can use it in court.

I should start watching Food Network or HGTV when doing chores...

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, nikita said:

One day Kristen the producer showed up at Jenelle's along with a photographer Jenelle hired to take engagement photos. Both had been receiving texts from J. that she and David were fighting for hours. J. would not meet the two. David texted he would call the cops if they didn't leave.

The next day, Kristen is in Jenelle's house and asks about the fight. J. starts to say they both were just in a bad mood. Then she distracts by acting high and nuts about showing K. her lava lamp/jellyfish. K. asks about the fighting again, and Dave starts lying his ass off in a really unconvincing high voice, "Were we fighting? We weren't fighting. Everything is good in this house. You're lying."

Jenelle looks like she's dissociating at this point while Maryssa in the background goes still and small like an animal that spots its predator. K. tries to act human like, "Hey, that's life. People argue." But Der Fuhrer is having none of it and leaves, presumably to fill the hardware store with wedding prep uppercuts.

As posters said above, it made my blood run cold.

Thanks so much! 

That's some scary shit and I hate those enabling producers. They're completely lacking in empathy for those kids. Going along with their "star's" bullshit, no matter how fucking abusive it is, is mind boggling. 

It breaks my heart that those babies are stuck in that house of horrors. 

10 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

nikita's summary is excellent and spot-on, but I have to add that there's something lost in translation - it's one of those scenes where you have to see it to understand how scary it was.  It's not just what David said, but how he said it, and how tense everyone else was around him.  

Thank you! I'll try to watch a clip online tomorrow. It's getting to a point where it's so damn gut wrenching, it's hard to watch. 

I like a good train wreck, but these poor kids getting abused while their egg donor is getting paid big bucks is damn sickening. 

Edited by LunaMia
  • Love 14

I never watch live but I just watched the clip and came here...first and only time Kail will ever, get a like from me on her post. I posted calling out MTV. I posted to get those kids out of the isolated swap land before something more happened. 

I can't imagine how Barb or Nathan's Mom feels after seeing this when everyone here is SICK about it. Those poor kids. 

• Love 23
24 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

II can't imagine how Barb or Nathan's Mom feels after seeing this when everyone here is SICK about it. Those poor kids. 

What about Nathan?  Where is he in this child abuse mess of a situation?  He's the Roll's father, and he's ok with Janelle having full custody?  

• Love 10
Just now, LotusFlower said:

What about Nathan?  Where is he in this child abuse mess of a situation?  He's the Roll's father, and he's ok with Janelle having full custody?  

He has visitation and shares custody with Jenelle. His mother is fighting for custody of Kaiser. She mentions in her legal docs that Nathan is not capable of caring for Kaiser. Likely due to his issues with PTSD and other problems. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I'm sorry I left him.  I was upset and hastily posted as one does. LOL.

I had his mother on my mind because she has a court case going with them. Of course I think Kai's Father wants to go over and get his child. I have no doubt Nathan loves his son. He may have a better shot with his mother in court considering his record. There's no way any other of parents in this situation are ok with any of this.

6 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

He has visitation and shares custody with Jenelle. His mother is fighting for custody of Kaiser. She mentions in her legal docs that Nathan is not capable of caring for Kaiser. Likely due to his issues with PTSD and other problems. 

@GreatKazu said it much better! Thank you for the sane assist. I'm out of sorts. Even for me. LOL

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I'm sorry I left him.  I was upset and hastily posted as one does. LOL.

I had his mother on my mind because she has a court case going with them. Of course I think Kai's Father wants to go over and get his child. I have no doubt Nathan loves his son. He may have a better shot with his mother in court considering his record. There's no way any other of parents in this situation are ok with any of this.

@GreatKazu said it much better! Thank you for the sane assist. I'm out of sorts. Even for me. LOL

My pleasure. :-)  I am out of it, too. I think I need to get to bed early. Long day. These abusive scenes surely didn't help matters.

I hate myself for watching and yet, I feel like if people didn't watch, they wouldn't see for themselves what is happening. I went over to MTVs Twitter page and let them have it. I don't think it will do much, but I feel better for at least ripping into them. I feel like I had to do something. I look at little Kaiser's face in that image above and the tears start up again. OMG only the devil can look at that child and not feel any empathy. Jenelle and UBT GO TO HELL!

Kail had a tan. Was wonky editing at play again? Were those scenes filmed after her return from vacation? Were Kail and Javi just recreating scenes? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh, for fuck's sake, Kail. STFU. You better just worry about your own kids and the spiral of abuse they have witnessed at your hands upon others. You aren't any better. You are addicted to dick like Jenelle. 

I agree, that is so fucking inappropriate. This is disgusting. 

Kailyn is just using Jenelle to deflect people from her shitshow.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

There is a lot of resentment brewing inside both girls towards the other.

Gracie had a nice moment fishing with her father — as Ali did donuts in her wheelchair and started to complain that she wanted to go. Gracie didn’t want to leave. Corey didn’t want to leave.  They had to leave because Ali wanted to go. 

Ali whines and Gracie gets punished.  She knows how to push buttons.

The parents need to do more individual activities with the girls. 

I should've mentioned I was referring to the beef jerky in the car scene.

The fishing fracas was Corey's fault. Any reason Ali wasn't set up with an activity? How about some watercolors? That was beautiful scenery.

• Love 10

For Janelle and all of her blind, excuse making followers.

I got Flowers today

Submitted By: suepup

Got Flowers Today

I got flowers today. It wasn't my birthday or any other special day. We had our first argument last night. He said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me. I know he was sorry and didn't mean the things he said. Because I got flowers today. 

I got flowers today. It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day. Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me. It seemed like a nightmare. I couldn't believe it was real. I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over. I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today. 

I got flowers today. It wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day. Last night, he beat me up again. And it was much worse than all other times. If I leave him, what will I do? How will I take care of my kids? What about money? I' m afraid of him and scared to leave. But I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today. 

I got flowers today. Today was a very special day. It was the day of my funeral. Last night he finally killed me. He beat me to death. 

If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him, I would not have gotten flowers today. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Poor Jace, he probably feels there is really no safe space for him express his feelings.

Because there isn't one.  Again tonight Barbara screamed about Jace's therapy to Jenelle in front of Jace.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I actually like the idea of hyphenating Aubree's name now. With the marriage and new baby, she is probably already feeling a little isolated; everyone in her house shares a name but her. It is a simple act, but a symbolic one, to make her feel included.

Of the two issues Chelsea had for the lawyer - Aubree's name and the custody situation - I would have preferred she deal with the custody first.  There is a question of whether Aubree is ever alone with Adam in a house where drugs are used.  That issue beats a cosmetic name change any day.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Of the two issues Chelsea had for the lawyer - Aubree's name and the custody situation - I would have preferred she deal with the custody first.  There is a question of whether Aubree is ever alone with Adam in a house where drugs are used.  That issue beats a cosmetic name change any day.  

To be fair, we don't know that she didn't. They could have filmed these scenes and conversations out of order, had them done at the same time, left certain conversations on the editing room floor, etc. I take most of these things with a grain of salt. As someone who filmed an episode for a reality show and spent 18 hours in interviews for 38 minutes of dialogue, I never take what we see on these shows as solid fact anymore. If they say it, that's one thing. Not showing it doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't done, however. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It looks like David lifted Kaiser by his arm.  Imagine if the camera crew wasn't there.....

Omg! I haven't watched yet. Does he really do this? When I was a kid our neighbors scumbag husband did this to her 3 year old son. I was a little kid so don't remember what happened . I know the kid ended up in hospital.  Every time hear about someone gapping a kid by the arm , it makes me cringe and think of that little kid.  Kaiser isn't hurt, I hope?Maybe I won't watch.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

He has two felony charges pending. And he's too busy with his glitter spray tan bodybuilding contests and hoing around. 

And yes, as @GreatKazu said, even his mother admits he's not a fit parent-- she probably knows he is still using whatever substances he uses. 

Kaiser has no hope besides Barb or Nate's mom. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

The look David shot Jenelle as he walked out the door was truly scary. It said  "You're gonna get it later, bitch. I can wait." If someone looked at me like that I would be petrified. 

Watching Endtable and Watson makes me sad. Poor Endtable is just kind of there. She doesn't engage, giggle or smile. Watson always looks like he's thinking "Oh boy here's my sister again! I bet she's going to do something funny. OMG she did it! That's hilarious!" He seems like a happy baby most of the time (except when he's pooching his lip out to complain which is adorable). There is a difference between a baby who expects good things from the people around him, and a baby who does not. 

I love babies with chubby cheeks like Watson. You can tell Watson is well loved, talked to, and engaged....Aubree is so good with him. She loves him a lot. Ensley is just THERE. I wouldn't ever think Jace or Marissa are unkind or cruel to Ensley, but those kids have enough on their own plates to consider engaging with a baby. Compare that to Aubree who is secure in her family and getting her emotional needs met. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I love how Briana was all "I should be asleep right now"...uuuuuh, then why aren't you?

That was literally my response. I pulled a Bethenny Frankel from Scary Island - "Got to sleep! Go to sleep! You're crazy!"

8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Wow, Teen2 Twitter account is really blowing up about Jenelle and UBT! My heart just breaks for those four kids in that house. Part of me wants MTV to cancel this show because without the paycheck I'm sure UBT would leave Jenelle and then maybe those boys would be safe. Unfortunately the girls wouldn't be. 

I don't know that he necessarily would leave. Not right away. Honestly, as disgusted as I get with this show, the cameras might be the only thing keeping those kids alive.

8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I actually like the idea of hyphenating Aubree's name now. With the marriage and new baby, she is probably already feeling a little isolated; everyone in her house shares a name but her. It is a simple act, but a symbolic one, to make her feel included.

I agree. They're not getting rid of Adumb's name. I am the only child of my parents' marriage. My mom re-married when I was 3 and she had 3 more kids with my step-dad. I always HATED having a different last name than my mom and sisters. I loved my dad and he was very involved in my life. So I don't know that I'd have wanted to actually change my last name, but I can understand a kid (even as young as Aubree) struggling with feeling left out. I think hyphenating is a good compromise. 

Kaiser to Jace: "Shut up, Jace!!"  Apparently, the words "shut up" are said quite often to the kids. 

I've barely heard Kaiser speak the entire 3 years he's been on this show. But that "Shut up, Jace!" was clear as day. I, too, thought they hear that kind of talk a lot. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Kail had a tan. Was wonky editing at play again? Were those scenes filmed after her return from vacation? Were Kail and Javi just recreating scenes? 

Thank you for bringing this up! I had forgotten about that, but her tan in those scenes REALLY stood out to me. It wasn't tooling around the yard in summer kind of tan. That was a ruddy, fresh vacation kind of tan. Hmmmmm

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Gracie had a nice moment fishing with her father — as Ali did donuts in her wheelchair and started to complain that she wanted to go. Gracie didn’t want to leave. Corey didn’t want to leave.  They had to leave because Ali wanted to go. 

Yes, they really do. I'd whine too if I was forever pushed into tagging along to activities I couldn't participate in. They should have separate plans for the girls or at the very least teach both of them to wait while Ali does an activity she's interested in that doesn't require a ton of physicality, and while Gracie does cheer or whatever other activity with the understanding that Ali cannot. Instead they just bring them both along and sort of try to get Ali to halfway participate in an activity she shouldn't be doing anyway, then leave when she's understandably frustrated. It's not fair to either of them. 

• Love 11

Also, Kail and Javi do realize that some people actually *need* child support or PFAs, right? They aren't things to file and not follow through on because you want to stick it to your ex. It really doesn't help anyone to contribute to the stereotype that people just file those things for revenge. 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I love how Briana was all "I should be asleep right now"...uuuuuh, then why aren't you? Is there a reason all 3 of you (+ Nova in 3 inch dangly earrings) need to be awake in the middle of the night? I'm even sick of Brittany & her "too cool for school" Alicia Keys drawl. 

WHY are all of the Coven up? Why is Nova up? Why is Briana moaning about the fact that she's not asleep? She has a newborn. Surely she knows that means being awake frequently? Why are they so hell bent on Luis being there? Do they think he will get up at 3 AM with the baby while they all sleep? Unless he is there 24 hours a day, is a fully trained baby nurse with money hanging out of his pockets, and possesses a magical shopping bag which is never empty of diapers and wipes, he is going to be savaged by the Coven so I don't wonder that he stays away.

10 hours ago, nikita said:

Randilicious, you're hilarious, but this is so beneath you. At least join PTV and snark anonymously rather than under your real (professional) name.

Oh, that would be delightful! Come on Randy! We will fuss over you and flatter you shamelessly. Join us. Join us. Join us.

8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. Chelsea and Cole are married, they have a baby, there's no reason to treat their relationship like some fly by night affair. Hyphenating is nicely fine tune-able. She can go by both names, one or the other, as it suits her, as she gets older.

1 hour ago, ElderPrice said:

The look David shot Jenelle as he walked out the door was truly scary. It said  "You're gonna get it later, bitch. I can wait." If someone looked at me like that I would be petrified. 

Watching Endtable and Watson makes me sad. Poor Endtable is just kind of there. She doesn't engage, giggle or smile. Watson always looks like he's thinking "Oh boy here's my sister again! I bet she's going to do something funny. OMG she did it! That's hilarious!" He seems like a happy baby most of the time (except when he's pooching his lip out to complain which is adorable). There is a difference between a baby who expects good things from the people around him, and a baby who does not. 

Ensley looks like those babies in Russian orphanages. Completely quiet, not alert, not interacting with people, knowing crying does no good. Jenelle doesn't interact with her, neither do the other kids. Babies love bigger kids and are fascinated by them, but Endtable doesn't seem to pay any attention to them at all.

Watson is so cute I just want to squeeze that chubby face.

Kaiser crying for food was horrific. Jace could have taken him in and gotten him a pop tart or some cereal, couldn't he? Hahaha, silly me, of course not. Like Jenelle has kid friendly snacks.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I wonder how different Nathan would be if he didn't have PTSD.  It's a terrible condition.  I wonder if he would be a loving and attentive father or if he would still be absent and useless.  In my heart, I want so badly to believe that the PTSD is what has made him the way he is and that if he can just get some really good counseling, he will turn into a great dad who is there for his kids.  The idea that Kaiser will never have a parent worth a crap breaks my heart.  I can only hope that Nathan's mom gets custody.  

And I missed whey Einsley is called Endtable. Can someone enlighten me?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, jennyplayswithfire said:

This producer sickens me. You are so right, that little boy is terrified.

The producers make me suck, hiding behind their "we're not legally mandated reporters" excuse.  Are you human beings????

• Love 20
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It is his house. It is supposedly in his name only. Jenelle likely doesn't have credit. Of course, that is all moot since they married. He will still call it "his house" though, since cadavers can't own a home. 

Jenelle's name is on the deed. She shouldn't have put his name on the deed, but like you said that is moot since they married.

I'm not familiar with North Carolina's equitable distribution law, but wouldn't he only receive 50% of the appreciation of the property in a divorce if his name wasn't on the deed? Who am I fooling? If UBT wasn't on the deed he would set fire to the land if Jenelle ever commenced divorce proceedings.picture.thumb.png.6945dd4ff887173c1ebb5d7b6be42151.png

• Love 3

He was clearly pissed off at the insinuation of trouble in the relationship and was challenging Jenelle to not defy him. I already knew he was a scary dude, but man, that was a chilling moment.

and

Dave starts lying his ass off in a really unconvincing high voice, "Were we fighting? We weren't fighting. Everything is good in this house. You're lying."

What I found especially chilling was UBT then telling the petrified looking producer, basically, to shut up and  concentrate on the "happy" things. The way he said it, and his whole affect, seriously sent chills up my spine. 

When UBT was putting on his "lying glasses" and icily deflecting, I watched Maryssa's face. Thousand yard stare. Girlfriend knows the score. And it's not good.

and

Why was Nova even up?

This. I felt so sorry for both little girls. It is clear that Nova isn't getting the kind of stimulation she should have. Her stress meltdown when her mother was taking her sister to the hospital was awful and "thousand yard stare" is exactly the right description of Maryssa's whole demeanor during the "There was no fight" scene. 

Meanwhile, Endtable is as engaged and aware as a, well, endtable.

I noticed the editing where there was an overhead shot of The Land and all the trees around the perimeter were dying like some sort of toxic cloud was enveloping from the edges heading closer to the house like something out of The Evil Dead. Then when they showed Jenelle holding Ensley during the "There was no fight" scene and Jenelle had this evil little smirk on her face, which reminded me so much of my own late mother, the cameras really seemed to highlight lethargic little Ensley's misshapen head and also the bald patches like her hair has worn off from being on her back too much. It was a real contrast with little Watson who seemed so happy and engaged.

Has a line been crossed like this on a reality show before? I can't believe there is no culpability on the part of this show and it's producers.

On at least one official investigation was launched because of things that happened on the show Supernanny after viewers and officials complained about a Florida father http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/florida-dad-probed-abuse-case-slapping-daughter-supernanny-article-1.393731

Then on another of Jo Frost's shows, Jo Frost: Nanny on Tour, she reported a Georgia father for child abuse after the father was heard allegedly beating his 9-year-old son with a belt http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/19/jo-frost-father-beating-son-dcfs-investigation/

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Also, Kail and Javi do realize that some people actually *need* child support or PFAs, right? They aren't things to file and not follow through on because you want to stick it to your ex. It really doesn't help anyone to contribute to the stereotype that people just file those things for revenge. 

The whole scene was gross.  Javi showed up, not realizing Kail had booked plane tickets for the child support court date that was in a few days.

They they proceed to negotiate dropping the child support case in exchange for dropping the pfa.  

They use the legal system to preemptively give themselves leverage in their sick games.  PFA's should not be used as bargaining chips to get out of paying child support.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

If you notice during Chelsea's segment, Cole is usually holding Watson or  Chelsea is handing Watson to Cole to be held. I have no doubt that they engage with him while he is being held. Meanwhile, poor Endtable's life just seems like an endless cycle of crib, swing,  carseat with someone picking her up only for a diaper change, feeding or Instagram photo session.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I agree with this.  I think there is a lot of resentment between the girls.  I think Gracie resents all of the attention that Ali gets and Ali resents the fact that Gracie can do so many things that she herself cannot do.  I think that Gracie does a lot to push Ali's buttons as a way of lashing out and I think Ali has learned to play the helpless role when she needs to (I know that Muscular Dystrophy is very serious and not saying that she doesn't need special help - I just think that there are times she will use her disability to help get her way).  I think that if they would let the girls be individuals with individual activities and interests, they would see a huge improvement.  Then, when Gracie and Cory are having fun fishing, they can continue fishing instead of having to leave because Ali isn't having fun.  Ali won't have to do sports and risk injury just because it interest Gracie.  Let them each do their own activities and have time apart.  Then, when they do get together, they will likely get along better.

• Love 16

My pleasure. :-)  I am out of it, too. I think I need to get to bed early. Long day. These abusive scenes surely didn't help matters.

I hate myself for watching and yet, I feel like if people didn't watch, they wouldn't see for themselves what is happening. I went over to MTVs Twitter page and let them have it. I don't think it will do much, but I feel better for at least ripping into them. I feel like I had to do something. I look at little Kaiser's face in that image above and the tears start up again. OMG only the devil can look at that child and not feel any empathy. Jenelle and UBT GO TO HELL!

She was sun burned from her first vacation. You know, the one in Puerto Rico she claimed to go on alone.  ? She was home only a few days then went to St Thomas. 

• Love 11