Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Haven't seen any co-hosts agreeing with MM yet - just being polite. Welcoming actually. But MM likes to say she embraces some D's positions, also can't really think why she would make an impact in Hollywood. For what? IMO she defends Trump yet didn't vote for him. I can't understand her. LOL- she doesn't even yell out "I agree!" when co-hosts make a point while she is blabbering on about her position like Jediblahblah did. Time to let the expressions/attitude/privilege  go MM and make your points in an adult manner. Not in a childish manner. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I agree Atlanta. And she sits there so tense and stiff and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor.

I agree with everything said about MM.  Not a fan.  I wonder if their company has like a 6 month probationary period like a lot companies do.  We could hopefully part with sweet sorrow lol.  P.s. I got RBF too!  High 5^!

• Love 6
On 10/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, rcc said:

Today she bragged that she had "power" and wasn't cute back in the day when Megan asked her if she had any problems with executives. I guess her "power" is that the ABC executives obviously think highly of her. The hell with what the viewers think.

IDK.  When she made the power comment, I took as her having the power and wisdom that comes with age and maturity and self confidence.  Things a starlet might not have.  Granted I was doing other stuff and only listening with one ear, just mho

• Love 2
On 10/9/2017 at 9:17 PM, maggiemae said:

Well, it won't last long - Whoopi does not suffer fools lightly.

True, however all the snark is going to backfire, you watch.  W is going to feel for her and all the backlash and it will get her defensive possessive ire up.  Kinda like MDeuce is family now and we can hate on her but you cant.

Joy said that maybe some of the victims shouldn't aim so high (i.e. being a star) when MM made the remark that even with g. Paltrows background..she still was harrassed....i viewed that remark as victim blaming.  Why should any actor, or actress, lower their ambition because of some perv in power?  Even the co hosts victim blame.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Joy said that maybe some of the victims shouldn't aim so high (i.e. being a star) when MM made the remark that even with g. Paltrows background..she still was harrassed....i viewed that remark as victim blaming.  Why should any actor, or actress, lower their ambition because of some perv in power?  Even the co hosts victim blame.

I had to re-watch the part when Joy said that to make sure I didn't mishear anything. I wasn't expecting to hear something like that from her. It made me sad and mad.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

This!  Her "RBF" makes her look like a Sourpuss.  And her ridiculous whining about how hard it is to be a Conservative in Hollywood , yada, yada...Ugh...she is The Worst the show has had....I'm all in for Ana Navarro...

You have to admit that she has a point about Hollywood. It is MUCH braver to speak your mind if you are a liberal than if you are a conservative. Yes, there will be backlash both ways, but it is much harsher and far more pervasive if you are a conservative.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I was shocked by this as well. And it was victim blaming, which was not what she said the day before, when she gave examples of how she handled being harassed. The only ones who aren't victim blaming are Sunny and Sara. Even Meghan started it off by saying the women themselves "were complicit" and when Sunny asked her to clarify, because was she blaming the victims for being harassed, she back pedaled and said she mean those women who knew and didn't say anything. Whatever. What about the men who knew and didn't say anything?

44 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

You have to admit that she has a point about Hollywood. It is MUCH braver to speak your mind if you are a liberal than if you are a conservative. Yes, there will be backlash both ways, but it is much harsher and far more pervasive if you are a conservative.

No, she doesn't. At least I don't see her point. Because Whoopi pointed out to her, Hollywood wasn't always liberal, and she provided examples of the McCarthy era and blacklisting actors, directors who were thought to be Communist sympathizers.  There are enough Conservative/Republican/Batshit crazy Hollywood actors now who speak out, and they are not tar and feathered. Tom Selleck, Tim Allen, Bruce Willis, James Woods, to name a few. So Meghan can just stop with the "it's so haaaard being a Conservative in Hollywood!"

Sure Van Jones. Buying your book will stop the divide. Right.

• Love 14

I think I know where Joy is coming from.  And Whoopi.  Maybe things will change now (hopefully, but probably not) but until now the young actresses had to make the choice-- give in or walk away from the situation, risking word of mouth that she is "difficult."  I think Joy was saying that it's better to walk away and take the risk, rather than succumbing to these disgusting and degrading actions in order to achieve stardom.  Walk away with the knowledge that it could affect her career.  If you are willing to do that to be a star, maybe you need to reevaluate what is important to you.  It's not victim blaming as much as facing the current reality.  I think that's what Whoopi was talking about too.  At least now with so many brave women shining a light on the situation, young actors will have the courage to push back against this behavior.  I hope.

• Love 10

Not even 5 minutes into the show and MM had to mention her "culture wars" catchphrase. She didn't have a very good answer when Sunny tried to ask what she meant. MM mentioned online "culture war" tests. Now she's not liking what Sara is saying and replies with what she thinks her job at The View is.

• Love 10

I'm with you, Jaded.  Ten minutes in - and I'm out.  Also - a drinking game should be started every time she mentions "when I worked at Faux".  -    Does her face even know how to smile?  I don't believe those facial muscles were trained to do that.  Constant bitch face.  -   Then she uttered something along the lines of 'let me finish'.  Obviously she's not a big fan of The View;  interrupting each other is practically mandatory.  She's so used to ordering the help around that she exhibits zero respect for the other panelists.  She definitely does not look on them as her "equals".  Loathesome bitch.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Not even 5 minutes into the show and MM had to mention her "culture wars" catchphrase. She didn't have a very good answer when Sunny tried to ask what she meant. MM mentioned online "culture war" tests. Now she's not liking what Sara is saying and replies with what she thinks her job at The View is.

Not only that, but She then said "my JOB here is to try and explain what is going on in the culture war." Is that what she was hired to do? 

She's doing a crappy job.  she didn't explain what it meant, when asked directly by Sunny.  She said there was a test online, and mentioned military and NASCAR races.  yes, I found a  sarcastic "quiz" , (it was funny)  and a quick quiz that told me I was a "secular progressive"  (yeah, tell me something I don't know) . But if MM is on the show to explain it, she needs to EXPLAIN it. 

We've always had progressive and conservative people in our country.  What is different NOW?  I'm not disagreeing with her,  there are two people in my family who reply to anything critical of the current administration with "FAKE NEWS!" which to me, is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears to block out what you don't like.   I am just wondering - is "Culture War"  just a way of rationalizing conservative talking points, by calling them "traditional?" 

I apologize in advance for all the quotation marks,  Obviously I need a bit more caffeine today. 

Edited by backformore
A BIT more caffeine! Shoot, I need the whole pot of coffee!
  • Love 17

I think I understood what MM was trying to say, but like others said before, she didn't explain it well.

I'm not sure if it's just jitters or not, but MM needs to relax especially during the more light hearted topics.  The show is a balance between the political and light hearted topics.  Jed would kind of redeem herself during the fun topics, imho

• Love 4

I missed yesterday, and only watched the first 25 minutes or so today.  I don't hate MM yet, but I don't like her either. I also don't think she likes her job. Or that she's the right person for the job.  She's only been there 4 days and already she's getting defensive, and trying to explain why she was hired and what her job is.  Can't see her lasting long.

• Love 8

Gave it a miss today.  Two days of MM was quite enough.  Let me get this straight - they fired Jed, so they could hire her?  Don't get it.  I've seen her before & wasn't impressed,  I wonder who thought she could contribute.  Totally humorless conservative.

• Love 6

I wanted to point out the new generic "hot topic" coffee mugs and have 2 theories ...1,they couldn't manage to keep the old ones positioned well enough to obscure Jedediah's face; 2, this present lineup is way too shaky to print up a new batch (ok, maybe it's a combination of both)

Edited by pachebo
i hate it when "to" should be "too"
  • Love 6

Today's ep proved that the stylists are only dressing them for being seated at the table, because when they were all standing at the end, they all looked terrible.

Today, miracle of miracles, MM actually smiled, and one time I heard her laugh too.

If MM is concerned about children sick with cancer, does that mean she doesn't support repeal and replace?

• Love 7

" My job here is to explain the culture wars " then pets her hair and places it  just so on her shoulder.  Thank goodness she arrived to explain that and the " culture shift" to us uninformed  

Since I don't watch Fox News what did MM do?

Mercy Whoopi was making fun of Sunny and her baby talk. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Today's ep proved that the stylists are only dressing them for being seated at the table, because when they were all standing at the end, they all looked terrible.

I was trying to figure out if Whoopi was wearing her old tattered scarf, or if she got a brand new tattered scarf. 

And sorry, but the worst ever was Sarah's tight pink and white checkerboard dress the other day.  the stretchy fabric made every bulge into a larger square, it had a very dizzying effect.  I was laughing because JOy seemed to think it looked pretty awful, too. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

And sorry, but the worst ever was Sarah's tight pink and white checkerboard dress the other day.  the stretchy fabric made every bulge into a larger square, it had a very dizzying effect.  I was laughing because JOy seemed to think it looked pretty awful, too. 

OMG!  So sad for Sarah...although I did love that checkerboard print...just not on a dress--or any clothing for that matter.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

OMG!  So sad for Sarah...although I did love that checkerboard print...just not on a dress--or any clothing for that matter.

Especially not in a clingy knit dress on a pregnant woman.  

Though, I do love Sarah lately.  She seems to actually do some research before commenting, and seems very genuine. 

Remember when they changed her seat, and the explanation was that she kept hitting Joy? and nobody believed it?  I think it was that they were already planning for MM to replace Jed, and were thinking of the aesthetics of having two blondes at one end of the table. 

• Love 11

There is a reason that during Barbara's day that they would have co-hosts try out before hiring them. Because chemistry is everything.

The premise of the show is supposed to seem like a group of friends chatting over coffee about the days events. I'm sorry but Megan does just not fit in to me. It was very much comes across like a panel when she's on the show. Plus, the other women seem like they try to be friends...and Megan just doesn't seem very friendly toward anyone.

I personally think Jedidiah fit in bitter with this group of ladies.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

Remember when they changed her seat, and the explanation was that she kept hitting Joy? and nobody believed it?  I think it was that they were already planning for MM to replace Jed, and were thinking of the aesthetics of having two blondes at one end of the table. 

I always thought Jedidiah ASKED to sit on the end (and some male producer agreed) so she could cross/uncross her legs and generally show off.   Now poor plump Megan has to sit there and maintain that stuffed-Spanx posture.  Someone should free her.  Force her to wear pretty, comfortable, flowy outfits and trade places with Sunny or Joy.  All that tight crap with black bras isn't appealing.

Edited by Former Nun
Not familiar enough with "Spanx" to spell it correctly. Although I could certainly use a chest-to-knees contraption.
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

There is a reason that during Barbara's day that they would have co-hosts try out before hiring them. Because chemistry is everything.

The premise of the show is supposed to seem like a group of friends chatting over coffee about the days events. I'm sorry but Megan does just not fit in to me. It was very much comes across like a panel when she's on the show. Plus, the other women seem like they try to be friends...and Megan just doesn't seem very friendly toward anyone.

I personally think Jedidiah fit in bitter with this group of ladies.

Amen to that.  For some reason (Daddy Senator maybe?) the other panelists seem to be tip-toeing around Her Highness MM, which only reinforces her sense of superiority.  And she seems pissed off about being there.  Why did she take this gig if she's so grumpy about sitting at the table with "them"??  Did she get fired from Faux?  Because she did used to work at Faux.  Not that she ever mentions that or anything. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was shocked by this as well. And it was victim blaming, which was not what she said the day before, when she gave examples of how she handled being harassed. The only ones who aren't victim blaming are Sunny and Sara. Even Meghan started it off by saying the women themselves "were complicit" and when Sunny asked her to clarify, because was she blaming the victims for being harassed, she back pedaled and said she mean those women who knew and didn't say anything. Whatever. What about the men who knew and didn't say anything?

No, she doesn't. At least I don't see her point. Because Whoopi pointed out to her, Hollywood wasn't always liberal, and she provided examples of the McCarthy era and blacklisting actors, directors who were thought to be Communist sympathizers.  There are enough Conservative/Republican/Batshit crazy Hollywood actors now who speak out, and they are not tar and feathered. Tom Selleck, Tim Allen, Bruce Willis, James Woods, to name a few. So Meghan can just stop with the "it's so haaaard being a Conservative in Hollywood!"

Sure Van Jones. Buying your book will stop the divide. Right.

But, we’re talking about NOW. If Hollywood was currently conservative then I would say it would braver for liberals to speak out.

18 minutes ago, backformore said:

Especially not in a clingy knit dress on a pregnant woman.  

Though, I do love Sarah lately.  She seems to actually do some research before commenting, and seems very genuine. 

Im sorry for the blank post, I dont know how to delete it.   Mybad!

I'm just mulling this over at this point......but it seems to me that Meghan tries to answer or speak up with her opinion on everything another host says. Yap, yap, yap. It is not her job to "attack" every comment. She should be trying to lighten up and be part of the team and not chat 4 times more than any other host. 

• Love 8

Hey, do you know who MM looks like? Dawg the Bounty Hunter's wife! I feel like really being petty today, I really can't stand her, and you all are right, she needs to start wearing a mumu so she will be more comfortable and maybe stop her resting bitch face.  Naw, who are we kidding? 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, backformore said:

I'm not the only one making typing errors today!  though bitter works, too. 

Amen!  Bring Back Jed! 

Was it only her boyfriend who was trying to weasel ABC, or was Jed also 'complicit' (lololo) 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I personally think Jedidiah fit in better with this group of ladies.

She did.  She bonded with Joy over being Italian.  She was a fan of Whoopi's movies.  And she hung out with Sunny and Sara.  Most importantly she knew how to have fun with the ladies.  I don't see that with Meghan yet. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Tammee said:

True, however all the snark is going to backfire, you watch.  W is going to feel for her and all the backlash and it will get her defensive possessive ire up.  Kinda like MDeuce is family now and we can hate on her but you cant.

I don't think Whoopi works that way. 

As a matter of fact I think she lured MM to The View in order to drag her through the coals.

If MM really thinks that Whoopi "reached out to her" in a gesture of goodwill, then MM is dumber than what we already thought. 

Sara (about Trump): "how about having conversations instead of shutting down anyone that disagrees with you."

She could have easily turned to her right and directed that statement to Whoopi.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 8

Sara (about Trump): "how about having conversations instead of shutting down anyone that disagrees with you."

She could have easily turned to her right and directed that statement to Whoopi.

...followed by a punch to Whoopi's arm.  :-)

• Love 8
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm just mulling this over at this point......but it seems to me that Meghan tries to answer or speak up with her opinion on everything another host says. Yap, yap, yap. It is not her job to "attack" every comment. She should be trying to lighten up and be part of the team and not chat 4 times more than any other host. 

The difference between her and Jed a blah blah, is that Jed would weigh in as the first opinion.  MM is kind of weak and her defensiveness is not helping.  She has been on air for years.  She should be better.

• Love 8

Ay yi yi!!!

Culture war? Really? Meghan’s opinion as fact that those who feel they are in a culture war is 45’s base? Does she know who his base is comprised of? That word is another code and sounds very similar to when she was spouting the word tribal.???

I see that she’s going to insert Republican and Conservative in every damn thing. And I couldn’t understand what she meant by too much freedom. And the reason why Rose McGowan’s Twitter account was suspended was because she had tweeted someone’s private telephone number, which is a violation of its rules.

And Meghan, not everything is about you. When Whoopi was talking about kids who have Lupus and telling the audience and viewers about getting them tested, she just had to interrupt and talk about how children with cancer is horrible and how she’s seen them. Shut up! I’m sure EVERYONE knows cancer is horrible; we didn’t need your input about it.

I love Chadwick Boseman! So glad he said what he did and blondie kept her trap shut! Thurgood Marshall was my favorite Justice and  I’m TOTALLY going to see the movie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

love Chadwick Boseman! So glad he said what he did and blondie kept her trap shut! Thurgood Marshall was my favorite Justice and  I’m TOTALLY going to see the movie.

I saw the movie and it was excellent.  Chadwick did an incredible job.

• Love 6
On 10/11/2017 at 3:30 PM, wings707 said:

I get it.  They want to have varying views with the hosts.  Okay, fine.  You failed with MM.  It is not interesting to watch someone just parrot 45's moronic ramblings.  Her father doesn't even do that.  Find someone who thinks for themselves and can offer an intelligent counterpoint.   

She won't last.  

They did, Nichole Wallace, she was far too bright for this show, but they fired her anyway. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

But, we’re talking about NOW. If Hollywood was currently conservative then I would say it would braver for liberals to speak out.

My issue is I don't know what her actual point was.  Her saying it's hard being a conservative in liberal Hollywood is no different a talking point than someone saying it is hard being a liberal in the bible belt south.  I guess I don't understand why any of it was germane to the actual conversation that they were having.  I also don't understand her repeatedly bringing up her one year experience in LA working on a show and how hard it was for her with being a conservative.  First of all as a LA resident I will let everyone who doesn't know that there are in fact lots of conservatives in Southern California and in fact LA.  There may not be lots of conservatives in the circles that MM may have wanted to hang out in, but this idea that she spent "a whole year" in LA and she was tortured is just ridiculous. 

My guess is that MM wanted to ingratiate herself into the Hollywood community while in LA and found that she was not that welcome.  This also goes back to one of my personal pet peeves whenever I hear someone talk about LA as if it is this monolithic thing.  Hollywood/the film industry is very important and prevalent in LA, but it is in fact not a domineering cloud that hangs over all of Los Angeles.  You can actually live a very healthy, productive, fulfilling life in LA that has nothing to do with Hollywood or the commercial arts industry. 

It seemed to me like she was trying to push this single agenda she has about her issues with being "attacked/not liked" because of her conservative views.  The constant mentioning of "culture wars", bringing up how hard it is for her to be a conservative.  I think the reality is that a lot of people just may not like her and she uses the "conservative card" as an excuse when it's Liberals who don't like her.

She also ironically fails to realize the commonality between the Hollywood and Political industries, one of which she makes her career in. 

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

My guess is that MM wanted to ingratiate herself into the Hollywood community while in LA and found that she was not that welcome.

This is what I felt too.  Maybe she expected to be followed by paparazzi, invited to "the" parties, appear on red carpets, date "A" list stars/musicians, etc.  She thought she had "arrived" in showbiz and blames "liberal Hollywood" that it wasn't so.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Anyone know what MM was actually doing in Hollywood? 

Her IMDB profile says she was on a show called TakePart Live for 136 episodes from 2013 to 2014. It was filmed in LA so I'm guessing that's the show she meant. It was on the now defunct network Pivot. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, NeverLate said:

They did, Nichole Wallace, she was far too bright for this show, but they fired her anyway. 

Yes she was good. I didn't know  they fired her. I assumed she quit. Was a reason ecè given? 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1