Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Shaddy Beach

• Start Topic

Teresa struggles with the loss of her mother, and her friends plan a weekend getaway to Boca Raton; Dolores' ex-husband moves back in; Siggy introduces Margaret Josephs to the group; tensions flare when Danielle Staub makes her return.

I hoped that things were different, but nahhh... Chicks throwing beautiful cakes,  big hair, some blonde streaks, and one new girl? WTF????

• Love 5

What a yawn and Tre is still saying that it's all Joe's fault and she had nothing to do with it.  Meanwhile, she's still living 'grand' in the stucco box after they cheated companies out of millions of dollars.

• Love 10

The previews looked good though.  Danielle's even crazier than Teresa so that will be fun to watch, these two fighting to be HBIC.

sad about Teresa's mom though - didn't realize she was that young.

• Love 16

OMG, that cake was melting in my mouth!  I didn't show up until the episode was almost over but it sounds like I didn't miss anything, so I'll just delete it.  

Honestly, I'm back only to watch Danielle stir some shit.  I had my fill of Teresa years ago.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Siggy needs to tone it down.  And stop with the Siggy-isms.  "a mans rejection is God's protection" - like, what does that even mean?

When a guy dumps a woman , it's God's way of protecting the woman/God has something better when a relationship doesn't work out.  

8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Jesus, Siggy!  TAKE A XANAX!!!!

Aviva didn't need the Xanax at all compared to Siggy. 

• Love 6

What did Siggy say? She is the most talented person on the planet? Tee hee. Go away, loud ass Siggy. I did feel bad for her for a second watching Teresa and Melissa throw around the cake that she probably put a lot of thought and money into. 

NJ has been disappointing the past few years, IMO. But I will continue to watch as always, for I am Bravo's bitch. 

• Love 14

I actually enjoyed it. I don't know, maybe it is the lack of Jacqueline who made me rage-y whenever she showed up onscreen. I thought it was way more entertaining than any episode this season of RHOC. I never thought I would say that. Though OC set a very low bar this season.

• Love 22
(edited)

Must be the start of hockey season, enchantingmonkey!  Or... full moon tomorrow night and we're all resting up?  Bored out of our gourds?

Edited by goofygirl
it's that lying down typing while wine drinking!
  • Love 1

Jesus I hate Siggy...wtf??  who is she blowing at Bravo to get so much airtime??

I would take 1000 Jacqis over Siggy

the opening...seemed like hours long....of Tre's mom was super sad ?

• Love 7

So who was the guy supporting Teresa at the funeral?  I saw a fat guy and assumed it was Joe until I remembered he was "away".

Who was the girl supporting the sobbing Milania?  Antonia was on her other side, and it didn't look like Gia or Gabriella.

I don't appreciate this show trying to make me like Papa Gorga.  He's always frightened me greatly, but he's wondering around like a tearful ghost.  It's sweet that the girls are supportive of him, and I think Teresa's is the best place for him right now.

Poor Joe taking care of seven children and his father during the "girl's trip".

32 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Is that why it's so quiet here?  It feels like the RHOD forum.  I expected more of a NY or OC experience.  

Maybe a lot of people forgot?  I wouldn't have known it was back if my DVR hadn't picked it up.

• Love 8

I need endless scenes at Dolores's house to get my pit bull fix.  The Chihuahua was charming, too.  At the shelter I volunteer at, they had a pair surrendered together - a pit bull and a Chihuahua, and they were buff and white with identical markings.  We named them Mike and Ike.  Ike was the little guy.

Please DO NOT add the gal with the pigtails to the cast.  Oh God, she's going to Boca.

There is no need for Siggy to use a microphone.  I doubt she'd need it in an arena.

A man's rejection is God's protection.  WTF does that mean?  

• Love 11

I am not sure if it was Dolores or Siggy, but wow, the tone when talking to the waiter and ordering coffee was so condescending and dismissive.  Get off your high horse, the world does not exist as your servant. 

Also, that Gorga juice flinging and the Teresa birthday cake throwing seemed spoiled and indulgent. 

• Love 6

LOL @ the 2 nannies/cooks ducking down behind Joe Gorga's breakfast island while he "made pancaskes".  Ok don't rewind, I lied..but I'd bet he had 'help' around. 

A dry paper towel to clean up sticky orange juice on fabric seating..ugh.

I like the new gal, refreshing personality in the mix.

Delores's EX  (cant recall his name) ... odd. She had the most curious explanation for why he returned to live with her and the kids. No wonder what the "ongoing argument they can't get over" is...betting infidelity cause that's just how the guy is.. so lovable in Delores's eyes.. PUKE.

• Love 5

The kids have grown, still treat their parents like crap, and they let them

Siggy, sorry, nothing you say would make me feel better. If you feel so good about yourself, stop with the fillers etc, chipmunk face.

Theresa face timing at inappropriate times, ridiculous. Melissa, not a funny drunk. Pigtails lady, Meh.

Throwing the lovely cake, grow up! 

That's all folks, 

• Love 6

Siggy. Must. Go. She could use a few more extensions, though. Haha, NOT. 

Dolores is nuts. I'm sure her boyfriend is going to love her ex moving in with her. What planet is she living on? Oh, and, her ex is creepy and gross. 

I can already see Pigtail Blondie does not fit in. 

• Love 6

I think the weird look of Dolores' ex is the result of long-term steroids use. That's how you wind up with that oddly shaped face. Not attractive. And she did say that he moved back in because he and his girlfriend (!) have a hamster-wheel relationship. The issues never get resolved. So how is that old Dolores' problem? My guess is he's supporting the family, and she really doesn't have a say in it. It's his way or the highway. So much for being a woman (and hearing her roar). Keep telling yourself that, sweetie.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 13

I think Teresa is thinking about leaving Joe. I never thought she would do that. She seems to blame him for all their legal trouble and for missing a year with her mom (rip). 

Siggy is no longer funny, zany, unique, etc..... She's obnoxious. 

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I actually enjoyed it. I don't know, maybe it is the lack of Jacqueline who made me rage-y whenever she showed up onscreen. I thought it was way more entertaining than any episode this season of RHOC. I never thought I would say that. Though OC set a very low bar this season.

The lack of Jac was absolutely wonderful!!! I kept expecting her to pop up at any second; I was pleasantly surprised. 

7 hours ago, LydiaOhLydia said:

I like the new gal, refreshing personality in the mix.

I think I might like her too, simply because she seems already over Siggy. As am I. 

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

So who was the guy supporting Teresa at the funeral?  I saw a fat guy and assumed it was Joe until I remembered he was "away".

I think it might have been her lawyer. He was a fairly portly dude. 

• Love 13

I'm sorry for Theresa's loss but it sure looked as tho they began the season playing the sympathy card for her. 

Theresa was overpacking the boxes. They won't stack that way and it also risks the clothes being damaged or dirty. 

Saw a new hairstyle I've never seen before. Tre's center braid down the middle of her head into a little high ponytail. 

Them saying that Kim D is a caca-roach lol. 

Seriously? Melissa doesn't know who invented the lightbulb? Thomas Edison's home in Menlow Park isn't but 30 miles from where they live. Back when schools took lots of field trips all Jersey kids were taken there. 

That was a pretty cake. Very thoughtful of Siggy to have it personalized with her store theme (even tho she's dissolving her store partnership and it might have brought sad thoughts of what didn't work out for Melissa) I do think that Melissa was gracious not to bring it up but then the cake fight? It gives new meaning to cake by the ocean. 

• Love 6

I loved the dedication with the gorgeous photo of Antonia Gorga at the end of the episode, but it was difficult ::BAM:: to see her sweet face right on the tail end of the series previews where all these women look like screaming banshees.

RIP Antonia.

• Love 16

Teresa's mothers passing away must have been quite a shock. Her dad has been in poor health for quite some time, I would have thought he would have been the first to go.  It's nice that he is moving in with Teresa. Say what you will about shady Tre and little bro Joe, but they do love their parents very much.  I wish I had a close family like that. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Juneaucat said:

Siggy is believing her own hype. Just really too much. 

All the crying about wanting to help people with her inspirational talks... puleeeeeeze! Then there's her husband wanting to withhold her words of wisdom :cough: from us.

They are a match made somewhere... her with her delusions of grandeur and him with his delusions he has the right to control her.

• Love 6

I do not know who was supporting Teresa, but my guess was Joe's brother. I think @ghoulina mentioned that she thought it was Teresa's lawyer, which it could be. I did not get the best look.

• Love 2

The opening montage of Teresa's mothers passing was well done, and I noticed they didn't cut to the tag lines.

A couple of other comments:

When Pigtails was talking about the spray or whatever it was that, Teresa piped up "Oh, I need that". Immediately cut to talking head where she (Tre) says she hasn't had sex in a long time.  It was also the first time I really heard her go on about how this is all Joe's fault.  I know she has said it before, but this seemed different to me, like she was really trying to drive the point home.   Even Melissa seemed surprised.  There have been rumors about her and her lawyer for some time and more than one blind item about them (and I also think that was him supporting her at the funeral).  There is also that pesky potential deportation hanging over Joe's head.  I could be wrong but my gut tells me Teresa is laying the  "poor me, what else could I do" groundwork for a divorce down the road. 

Then tension between Siggy and Melissa first began when Melissa made a comment about Siggy being friends with Kim D.  Then the birthday cake incident.  ( Andy Cohen on WWHL was salivating over it, and also mentioned the cake cost $1000.  If it did, I  would guess Bravo paid for that cake, not Siggy.  )  Theresa and Melissa were drunk, and acting goofy with the cake, but I also suspect some production shenanigans going on. In the previews for next week, the cake rears it head again.  The Cake will be like Aviva's Leg.   And the drama this season will be between Siggy (and whoever can stand to listen to her for  more than 5 seconds) and Melissa and Teresa (and probably Danielle).  Siggy will demand an apology about The Cake and blah blah  blah.

LOL when Gia explained to Papa Gorga who Danielle was.  I also like when Joe Gorga plays Mr Mom, but I'm sure there are nannies there and at Teresa's.  I can't believe Teresa would leave Gia in charge of the kids and Papa Gorga (who I thought was in bad health physically). Is Gia equipped to handle him health wise and emotionally?  They're asking alot of that kid.  

Delores lost me with the ex-husband moving in.  I just didn't get any of that.  I can take or leave PigTails - she really made no impression on me.  Danielle is, well..Danielle.  But apparently is expecting some sort of apology from Teresa (unless I mis-heard).

And because it can't be said enough: "Shut Up, Siggy"  The most talented person in the world?  Seriously? I had forgotten how obnoxious she is.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

All the stuff with Tre's mom made me so sad. It's clear her daughters are really struggling with the loss of their Nonna. I know Tre needs the money from the show more than ever, but it would be nice if the girls could have some privacy/family time. Very sweet that Gia gave a eulogy at the funeral. She always seems hella annoyed with Teresa, but I bet she's a good kid otherwise. I loved her and Nonno bickering in the car!

Tre is really throwing Joe under the bus this season, huh? I'm sorry, but it's on YOU to know your finances. I'd never just let a man handle everything and remain blind to what's going on with MY money. Fuck that. If you sign something, you know what it is. Period. At first I thought maybe they both agreed to let Joe take the majority of the heat, but now I don't know.....her bitterness feels a lot more real. 

To each their own, but Frank Sr. moving back in is pretty weird, if you ask me. Dude can't afford his own place? And all the talk of Frankie being "afraid" of him and Dolores not being their to "protect him"? Overdramatic? Or.....? I think it's great that her daughter is going to vet schooled, though. Not a pampered princess, that one. 

Speaking of.....Siggy. While I don't LOVE any of these women, I can tolerate them all. But her. She is THE WORST. Constant yelling. Constant talking about herself. Constant need for attention. "When I look out in the crowd, and people are hanging on my every word, it's orgasmic". So it's not about them? It's about what they do for you. Normally if I heard that a husband wasn't asking, but TELLING, his wife to cut back on her job/hobby/whatever this speaking shit is - I'd be all red flags and worried. Sounds very controlling. But with Siggy's OTT ass, I can't be bothered to care. 

Look at the way she enters a restaurant - yelling and running around the place like a total loon. "Look at me! I know everyone in here! I'm an important person!" You know if Tre and Mel are embarrassed it's bad. Frankly, I don't know how any of them can stand her. I felt a bit evil, but as tacky as it was for the sister-in-laws to destroy that fancy cake, I laughed my ass off. Because I knew it made Siggy mad. 

I mean, she's friends with Kim D. That says it all right there. 

Yeah - I agree.  I really felt bad for all of the Gorgas.  I lost my Mom recently, and while I didn't have the same relationship with her that Theresa did with her Mom, it's a very hard thing to move on from.  Theresa and Joe's Dad looks completely lost and just broken hearted.  I would imagine that is also very hard for Theresa's girls to be around.  

I think that Dolores' daughter is in vet school in St. Kitts and was there when Hurricane Irma hit that island pretty hard.  I remember reading something about that on FB.  

Siggy is trying too hard to make herself important - the looks on some of those restaurant patrons' faces were priceless!  She is more loud and obnoxious than anyone I've ever seen on any franchise!  When she mentions "the whole crowd" it was like - seriously - there's about 15 people who came to see her!  Her husband - I don't remember seeing him much last season, so here we go with the marriage storyline.  Siggy is pushy and annoying - does anyone know if her son did wind up going to Penn State?  If I pushed that hard for one school, I know that my kids would have definitely gone somewhere else!  

The cake thing was definitely producer-driven, in my opinion - this will now be a set up for the entire season, pitting Melissa against Siggy, especially adding in the Kim D. friendship thing.  It still wasn't a good look for them, though.

I also think that Theresa discussing her anger and frustration at Joe is also a made up storyline.  Will she or won't she divorce Joe?  This is a lead-in to her promoting her new book, in which, she supposedly discusses a lot of these issues.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has already discussed all of this with Joe and he knows that she is going to throw him under the bus a bit this season.

Danielle - well - we'll see....I don't like her, never liked her, and I don't think she's really changed all that much ("I have my boyfriends' credit card - let's SHOP!!!"), but, boy did she jump right into things.

I'll keep watching, just because it's more interesting than RHOC and I just can't stop watching, yet!  

32 minutes ago, Sarcastica said:

Siggy is fucking exhausting. 

Exactly....you would think her husband would be encouraging her to do more "events", just so he could have some peace and quiet in the house!!  

Edited by njbchlover
ETA~~@mwell345 - We said almost the exact same thing!! :-)
  • Love 14

It was a slow opening but I'm ok with that for now, the first episode is usually the one where they have to give background and move the players into position. 

Thank the Lord no more Jacqueline. I didn't realize how much she brought down the show until she wasn't on it anymore. 

SHUT UP SIGGY! As I tell my 7 year old grandson, we can hear you. There is no need for everything to be shouted at the top of your lungs. 

I sincerely hope that we don't have to hear about Cakegate all season but I'm sure we will. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not know who was supporting Teresa, but my guess was Joe's brother. I think @ghoulina mentioned that she thought it was Teresa's lawyer, which it could be. I did not get the best look.

Joe's brother is another good guess. I didn't think of that. I think Pete has a similar build to Joe. 

29 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Yeah - I agree.  I really felt bad for all of the Gorgas.  I lost my Mom recently, and while I didn't have the same relationship with her that Theresa did with her Mom, it's a very hard thing to move on from.  Theresa and Joe's Dad looks completely lost and just broken hearted.  I would imagine that is also very hard for Theresa's girls to be around.  

I really do feel they were all blindsided by it. Death is never easy, of course, and Antonia wasn't SUPER young. But she could have conceivably had a lot more time left. I feel like they've probably all been mentally preparing themselves for Gorga Sr. to go, given his health issues over MANY years. So when his wife went first, it was like a gut punch for everyone. Super sad. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

A man's rejection is God's protection.  WTF does that mean?  

I read it as, “Whatever a Man decides is God’s will, so just shut up and be happy and look for the next male.” YMMV. I’m in semi-mourning, I  expected more of Siggy. 

• Love 2

I would hope Teresa would hold out for something better looking than the attorney lol.  I didn't think much of that scene but I just checked and it does look like the lawyer.  It wasn't as if they were embracing, just walking together lol.  I think Teresa would have more respect for her girls' feelings than to start bringing someone new around while their father is in prison.

• Love 4

I read that Teresa is no longer on good terms with the Giudice family, particularly Joe's mother. Also that her parents ( before her moms death) gave their support to Teresa possibly divorcing Joe, even though they didn't believe in divorce. Even though they loved Joe, they blamed him for everything and may have realized he could very likely be deported upon his release from jail. 

No way would Teresa move her family to Italy, so she could be laying the groundwork for what's to come. 

• Love 5