Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-ciara-ben-leave-salem-not-playing-safe-on-road-to-nola/

SoapDirt crap on a new baby. There are enough blankets in Salem!

F this shit!! A fucking CIN baby!! Damn..wish it was Theo’s now!
Apologies to all the Ben/Ciara fans ot there.. but this is too much! Especially since whoever the actress  playing Ciara is, comes and goes as pleases. Re cast for fuck sake!!  I don’t like Ben, either, but I guess he’s an ok actor. When he plays bad guy Ben, anyway.

That is all ! Chelle..OUT!
{{**mic drop**}}

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

This quote from Soapdirt:

Days of Our Lives is due for another baby, especially one born to a legacy family like the Brady’s. Although there is always some crazy drama surrounding the birth of a new child...

No, DAYS is not due for another baby. Since January of 2020 there have been 3 babies born and they are all utterly pointless. The only point of giving a couple a baby on this show is for the "crazy drama surrounding the birth" and so that the woman can have some health scare during pregnancy. Once the babies are born they are either completely forgotten (Rachel, Charlotte, Thomas) or they stay forever wrapped in blankets (Henry, Jules, Carver). The Westons do not need a baby and certainly not one named "Bo Brady Weston". 🤮

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show has forgotten that Doug has two sons, so Hope has brothers. They could still keep Susan as Julie if she still wants to work. Julie could make periodic visits to Doug..

No surprise they have forgotten that since, as far as I know, Doug only has one son, Douglas LeClaire. (I'm not sure how much of a role Doug has in Douglas's life, anyway - wasn't he raised by his stepfather?) Unless you're counting his late stepson David. Hope does have another brother Steven, but he is Doug's brother-in-law.

27 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Once the babies are born they are either completely forgotten (Rachel, Charlotte, Thomas) or they stay forever wrapped in blankets (Henry, Jules, Carver). The Westons do not need a baby and certainly not one named "Bo Brady Weston". 🤮

Well, the whole blanket baby thing is due to Covid. We can hardly blame the show for that. Most parents wouldn't want to expose their infants to that kind of risk. Agreed that Thomas and Charlotte have been underused, but Rachel has been a part of a major plot involving her parents in the past year, albeit offscreen - again due to Covid.

Babies help set up the next generation. That's their primary purpose, and they rarely drive story themselves until they are older (except to be the subject of a kidnapping, baby swap, paternity debate, custody suit, childhood illness or accident). That's always been the case. If characters like Ciara, Will, Claire, Theo, Abby - heck, even Sami or Hope - hadn't been babies at one time, they wouldn't be driving stories years later. Of course, we can question whether or not the show will last long enough for these babies to turn into tearaway teens. But that doesn't negate their necessity.

That being said, I would prefer to have Shawn and Belle expand their family, either through a messy surrogacy (imagine Sami as the carrier!) or adoption of a kid they met on their travels in Asia (which would increase the diversity of the Horton-Brady clan). Bo Brady III - Trey? - would make more sense as Shawn and Belle's son than as Ben and Ciara's.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Aymery said:

No surprise they have forgotten that since, as far as I know, Doug only has one son, Douglas LeClaire. (I'm not sure how much of a role Doug has in Douglas's life, anyway - wasn't he raised by his stepfather?) Unless you're counting his late stepson David. Hope does have another brother Steven, but he is Doug's brother-in-law.

Well, the whole blanket baby thing is due to Covid. We can hardly blame the show for that. Most parents wouldn't want to expose their infants to that kind of risk. Agreed that Thomas and Charlotte have been underused, but Rachel has been a part of a major plot involving her parents in the past year, albeit offscreen - again due to Covid.

Babies help set up the next generation. That's their primary purpose, and they rarely drive story themselves until they are older (except to be the subject of a kidnapping, baby swap, paternity debate, custody suit, childhood illness or accident). That's always been the case. If characters like Ciara, Will, Claire, Theo, Abby - heck, even Sami or Hope - hadn't been babies at one time, they wouldn't be driving stories years later. Of course, we can question whether or not the show will last long enough for these babies to turn into tearaway teens. But that doesn't negate their necessity.

That being said, I would prefer to have Shawn and Belle expand their family, either through a messy surrogacy (imagine Sami as the carrier!) or adoption of a kid they met on their travels in Asia (which would increase the diversity of the Horton-Brady clan). Bo Brady III - Trey? - would make more sense as Shawn and Belle's son than as Ben and Ciara's.

Yes he was Doug set up a trust fund for him when he found it it was his sperm that fertilized his mother's egg. (it was similar to the Victor/Ashley story on Y&R Doug didn't know until after the fact and the show pretty much dropped it). As far as the show is concerned Hope is his only child because she's the one he chose to father and raise.

4 hours ago, Aymery said:

Actually it would be a nice twist if Shelle adopted a baby boy and it leads them to unravel a black market of babies... this would tie into both their careers and Belle's history. Course we need someone other than Ron to write it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stepson. Addie is mother to Julie, Steve, and Hope.

Doug wins the Salem ICK sweepstakes by being stepfather to Steve through Addie AND brother-in-law through his marriage to his wife's brother through Julie!

Does Hallmark have a card for that?

• LOL 6
34 minutes ago, boes said:

Doug wins the Salem ICK sweepstakes by being stepfather to Steve through Addie AND brother-in-law through his marriage to his wife's brother through Julie!

Does Hallmark have a card for that?

I totally missed that! 😊

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see next week's shows, since the majority of the cast is away on that Peacock show all week. So, the few who remain in Salem will be the ones featured. A nice break from a lot of the most annoying characters - Paulina, Lani, CIN, Chad, etc. (Although there will be no shortage of other annoying characters on the Peacock show - Billie, Carrie, Kristen [although she could be fun since it is the real Kristen - Eileen Davidson playing her]).

• Love 2
On 9/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, DanaMB said:

They went on cruises for years. Why can’t they do that again?

Back in the day, there was an elderly client of the office who enjoyed cruises with his wife. They went on one and he died mid-cruise. Had to be kept in the refrigerator until the ship entered port (and this was in the middle of the Pacific!)

Not saying I wish Bill/Doug to be written off that way, but it has been known to happen.

• Love 1

Week of Sept 13.

Monday 13 September 2021
Julie and Doug consult with Kayla about Doug's memory lapses. 
Johnny tries to charm Marlena into investing in his film. 
Xander and EJ get into a brawl. 
Chad makes a heartfelt plea to convince Abigail to come home.

Tuesday 14 September 2021
Philip and Ava discuss their current relationship woes. 
Gabi and Jake manipulate Brady. 
Steve encourages Justin to help Bonnie.
Rafe presents Bonnie with more damning evidence.

Wednesday 15 September 2021
Bonnie tells Justin her side of the story. 
Ben and Ciara visit Oak Alley. 
Philip accuses Jake and Gabi of plotting with Brady. 
Rafe tries to get Nicole to reconsider her decision.

Thursday 16 September 2021
Paulina confides in Marlena. 
Johnny reaches out to Will about his film project. 
Chanel and Allie celebrate their success. 
Kayla administers a test to assess Doug's mental health.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Week of Sept 13.

Monday 13 September 2021
Julie and Doug consult with Kayla about Doug's memory lapses. 
Johnny tries to charm Marlena into investing in his film. 
Xander and EJ get into a brawl. 
Chad makes a heartfelt plea to convince Abigail to come home.

Tuesday 14 September 2021
Philip and Ava discuss their current relationship woes. 
Gabi and Jake manipulate Brady. 
Steve encourages Justin to help Bonnie.
Rafe presents Bonnie with more damning evidence.

Wednesday 15 September 2021
Bonnie tells Justin her side of the story. 
Ben and Ciara visit Oak Alley. 
Philip accuses Jake and Gabi of plotting with Brady. 
Rafe tries to get Nicole to reconsider her decision.

Paulina confides in Marlena. 
Chanel and Allie celebrate their success. 
Kayla administers a test to assess Doug's mental health.

Welp, this all sounds underwhelming, enraging (Steve advocating for Bonnie? FUCK NO!), and depressing. (Doug!)

• Love 7

I've always thought it was weird that belle and Shawn never had another baby and an adoption story or surrogacy story would actually give them something to do.I hate that they don't get written for other than stuff with Jan not that I'm a big fan of baby stories.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

My only question is why has Xander not deposited that money ?? Who carries around a million bucks in a bag for weeks ? 

FB_IMG_1630680460843.jpg

I think it makes sense for Xander to not deposit the money so he doesn't leave a paper trail.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I've always thought it was weird that belle and Shawn never had another baby and an adoption story or surrogacy story would actually give them something to do.I hate that they don't get written for other than stuff with Jan not that I'm a big fan of baby stories.

I think they would've had they not been written out in 2008 and aged Claire as much as they did reducing them to occasional visits.  I rather see them have another kid than a lot of these other couples/characters they give kids to and adds nothing to these characters/storylines at all.

• Love 3
On 9/2/2021 at 2:34 PM, Aymery said:

That being said, I would prefer to have Shawn and Belle expand their family, either through a messy surrogacy (imagine Sami as the carrier!) or adoption of a kid they met on their travels in Asia (which would increase the diversity of the Horton-Brady clan). Bo Brady III - Trey? -

I’d prefer Shawn and Belle divorced. They just don’t do it for me

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think it makes sense for Xander to not deposit the money so he doesn't leave a paper trail.

Except he already had Sami transfer funds into a bank account the first time he blackmailed her 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...where?

You know..the place where my brain goes every single time they’re on my screen..that is Dark Alley.

5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

In New Orleans. It’s an old plantation. Not a cool thing to do.

The whole CIN thing is not cool!

And I know they tape way in advance ..but because of everything going on in New Orleans..you’d think show would just delete the whole thing! 
There IS enough going on where they don’t have to be featured in this scenario 
Quick.. everyone go on Twitter,FB , or whatever people do to get a petition to get the CIN shit cancelled!! (I’m not savvy on all that stuff)

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Except he already had Sami transfer funds into a bank account the first time he blackmailed her 

I thought that didn’t work out because Ej wouldn’t, rightfully so, approve her transfer🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I thought that didn’t work out because Ej wouldn’t, rightfully so, approve her transfer🤷‍♀️

He transferred the funds in. Xander saw the bank balance and released Sami and Lucas, then once they were safe EJ reversed the transaction 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

John and Marlena discuss Johnny's film, which brings up painful memories from the past. 

OK, that is really bringing credence to the rumor that the film Johnny is going to make is to revisit the Marlena-is-possessed story, which also fits when she said that many people will NOT like it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

SORRY GUYS.. I totally read that as CIN visiting “Dark” Alley. 😣So never mind. 🙄 

But that is where my brain goes whenever they. Are on

Thanks for laughing at that.I prefer not to offend anyone! Especially on that topic!! So thanks.. I was worried. 
❤️♥️❤️

On 9/4/2021 at 3:39 AM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Any idea if it's an onscreen appearance for Chandler Massey, or just an offscreen phone call? I really wish he and nuSonny were part of the main show (or had their own spin-off).

On 9/3/2021 at 8:42 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Stepson. Addie is mother to Julie, Steve, and Hope.

Addie died almost half a century ago in real time. And since then, Doug has, for the most part, been with Julie. And I doubt Doug considers Steve to be his "son" in any way, shape or form, because that would mean he's spent much of the last half-century married to his own "daughter".

14 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

And I know they tape way in advance ..but because of everything going on in New Orleans..you’d think show would just delete the whole thing! 
There IS enough going on where they don’t have to be featured in this scenario 
Quick.. everyone go on Twitter,FB , or whatever people do to get a petition to get the CIN shit cancelled!! (I’m not savvy on all that stuff)

I can see where people are going with the tone-deafness of the Oak Alley visit, but it makes zero sense to cancel the entire New Orleans storyline because of the damage from Hurricane Ida. By the same token, no shows should film or set any stories in New York either.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I think they would've had they not been written out in 2008 and aged Claire as much as they did reducing them to occasional visits.  I rather see them have another kid than a lot of these other couples/characters they give kids to and adds nothing to these characters/storylines at all.

One thing they could still try today is Shawn and Belle having empty nest syndrome since Claire left, and deciding to become foster parents. That's a great way to bring in a revolving cast of teens, do something topical (which was well-received on The Fosters), potentially inject some diversity into the cast, and expand the Brady clan by having them formally apply to adopt one or more of the kids down the line.

If they hadn't left it so late, it would've been interesting to have the kid be Tyler Kiriakis, and instigate a battle for the boy's custody with Philip. (Of course, they would only learn this later on, after they've bonded with the boy.) It could still be Philip's kids from a one-night stand, whose mother abandoned him. Or Lucas's son by Autumn, his one-time fiancee from Hong Kong. Or Eric's from his pre-priesthood days. So many possibilities.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Why are Lani and Eli on? I was meant to get a week off from them AND Cin. I feel cheated

Glad the Bonnie thing wraps up fast. Looks like Xander gets his $$$ back

image.png.a67a2218c22c8e8f824362d16290781c.png

Because the show was probably told flat out that they need to have black people on the show at all times.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Why are Lani and Eli on? I was meant to get a week off from them AND Cin. I feel cheated

Glad the Bonnie thing wraps up fast. Looks like Xander gets his $$$ back

image.png.a67a2218c22c8e8f824362d16290781c.png

Damn! I am with you..but nope..looks like we’ll have to endure their very very boring nonsensical shit! 
Lani/Eli..FAIL But harmless 

Unlike CIN..huge fail,  and harmful to my soul.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, Aymery said:

I can see where people are going with the tone-deafness of the Oak Alley visit, but it makes zero sense to cancel the entire New Orleans storyline because of the damage from Hurricane Ida. By the same token, no shows should film or set any stories in New York either.

Yes, you are correct!!

I just despise CIN so so so so much that I used the hurricane to justify my reply. Their existence is useless there. (Here, there and everywhere!!)

Plus, I’ve always wanted to go there, and haven’t ..yet. 

my prayers are with everyone suffering there right now❤️🙏🙁

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

The days preview looks fun.   It’s on YouTube.  I tried once to post a YouTube link.  It did not work out so good lol.  
   Anyway 

Johnny movie is going to be about his mom life.  
He is going show how Sami found out about John and Marlena affair.  Allie will play Sami.   When EJ says he was the love of Sami’s life Johnny tells him that part went to Lucas.  

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Johnny movie is going to be about his mom life.  
He is going show how Sami found out about John and Marlena affair.  Allie will play Sami.   When EJ says he was the love of Sami’s life Johnny tells him that part went to Lucas.  

And who exactly is his target audience??? Who the hell cares about an unknown dr in an unknown town having an affair with another unknown person? (Other than when she starts levitating with devil eyes - that might be worth a ticket.)

At this point I don’t think Sami is capable of loving anyone but herself, and maybe her children on the third Tuesday after the second full moon of the month. But I do think the closest she came to a mutually loving honest to god relationship was with Lucas. Back then she was able to focus on one man at a time, try not to lie to him too much, occasionally put him first, and have fun without (always) destroying other people. 

I can also accept an argument for Brandon, but that relationship was much shorter— barely long enough for Sami to lie about Theo’s supposed paternity. 

• Love 3

I wonder if this means that Johnny (and Allie) will finally learn about EJ raping Sami? If it’s a story of her life surely the whole “twins with two different fathers” situation would need to be covered and someone will finally spill the beans about that night?

• Useful 5
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't mind Johnny trolling EJ but the Lucas part is laughable to me only because we've seen otherwise. Lucas is second choice at best(if he's actually an option) and I say this as someone that likes him and despises Sami.

I concur!! Ha haha! Lucas doesn’t even come in at 3rd or 4th pick(and Sami would plead the 5th). But what’s more laughable is Allie in the role of Sami! C’mon, man, she SUCKS ( the actress and character) and the only spark that would match Sami (which may inspire  her acting skills) is when she gets all jealous of her brother dating . Chanel.Maybe, just maybe, she could use that anger to get her mom right. Highly doubtful. Maybe Trippy (he looks more like the young Sami) could play Sami..use his anger  @ Chanel and jealousy that his “girlfriend“ seems to not be into him. The boy is Tripping out for real
 And seriously .what a very dumb idea for a movie, revealing grandma Marlena’s affair and asking her for funds.

No worries, EJ..Giovani’s “silly little movies on his phone’” will turn out to be a huge fail..comedic, at best. 
and on a side note, I’ve been liking nu-Johnny..pushing EJ and Tripp to the brink with his truth bombs! Nice job!!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I wonder if this means that Johnny (and Allie) will finally learn about EJ raping Sami? If it’s a story of her life surely the whole “twins with two different fathers” situation would need to be covered and someone will finally spill the beans about that night?

Ron has a checkered history in dealing with rape. He never takes it seriously, so in a way, I hope nothing about this comes out under his writing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't mind Johnny trolling EJ but the Lucas part is laughable to me only because we've seen otherwise. Lucas is second choice at best(if he's actually an option) and I say this as someone that likes him and despises Sami.

I concur!! Ha haha! Lucas doesn’t even come in at 3rd or 4th pick(and Sami would plead the 5th).

I disagree. If Lucas is last on the list, why it is ALWAYS Lucas that Sami goes running to when she needs comfort, support...and yes, sex!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

A lot of people have that person that they like, find sexy, but they're just not passionately into. Maybe that's Lucas for Sami? He's cute, comfortable, a familiar face she loves. She just doesn't have the same intensity she had for EJ or maybe admire him the way she did Rafe. What they do have is the fact they go back so many years. She probably feels most safe having sex with him. 

• Love 3