Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

spoilers ...

tvguide.com

Mon, Aug 30, 2021
Allie is stunned to learn Chanel is dating Johnny. 
Calista threatens to expose Bonnie. 
Chad confides in Jack his fears that his marriage to Abigail is over. 
Xander plays hardball with EJ.

Tue, Aug 31, 2021
Allie loses her cool over Johnny and Chanel's relationship. 
Chloe and Brady are forced to share close quarters. 
Belle tries to talk Philip off the ledge. 
Ben and Ciara inform Shawn of their honeymoon plans. 

Wed, Sep 1, 2021
Paulina offers Chanel romantic advice. 
Nicole suggests Allie is jealous about her brother dating Chanel. 
Ava's announcement takes Rafe by surprise. 
Philip finds Chloe and Brady in bed together! 

Thu, Sep 2, 2021
John gets recruited for a top-secret mission. 
Anna informs Roman that Carrie's marriage is in trouble! 
Paulina's breakfast plans with Lani, Eli, and Abe go awry. 
Chad has a tense encounter with Gabi and Jake.

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 
Calista pressures Bonnie to commit a crime. 
Nicole balks at EJ's request. 
Gwen comes clean with Jack. 
Ben and Ciara enjoy their honeymoon. 

• Useful 1

I like Nicole interacting with EJ because I always preferred them and most importantly she is away from Rafe and the Bear. 

Its nice that the show lets Jack interact with characters besides Xander and Gwen these days.

• Love 6

I like RoJohn. I have since his Roman days when he romanced many a lady not Doc. (The good ol' days, pardon the pun!) But isn't he getting a wee bit long in the tooth for action/adventure secret missions?!

I hope he has Aflac.

On another note, I do like Phillip catching Chloe/Brady in bed together. Alas, it's likely completely innocent and blah. (And now Belle is talking Phillip off ledges? How long before she cheats on Shawn with Shawn's own uncle, again?)

Phillip needs to find a woman not involved with either of his nephews (Shawn via Bo; Brady via Isabella, also making Brady/Shawn first cousins!). It's way too incestuous.

• Love 6

I have zero issue with Brady/Chloe getting together, but I hate that Philip is the designated fall guy again. Chloe clearly wants Brady. She ignored Philip at the Eric/Nicole party in favor of Brady. She's going away with Brady. She's sharing a bed--however innocently-- with Brady. There's no need to keep telling Philip that he's the one she wants when he's not, especially considering their history.

I wonder if a recast Stephanie would work as a love interest for Philip. She has her parents in town and has been gone long enough to have reinvented herself as some sort of badass do-gooder who could both spark and click with Philip if they were to meet again after many years, and no longer with Melanie in the way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I have zero issue with Brady/Chloe getting together, but I hate that Philip is the designated fall guy again. Chloe clearly wants Brady. She ignored Philip at the Eric/Nicole party in favor of Brady. She's going away with Brady. She's sharing a bed--however innocently-- with Brady. There's no need to keep telling Philip that he's the one she wants when he's not, especially considering their history.

I wonder if a recast Stephanie would work as a love interest for Philip. She has her parents in town and has been gone long enough to have reinvented herself as some sort of badass do-gooder who could both spark and click with Philip if they were to meet again after many years, and no longer with Melanie in the way.

I would prefer Shelley but if she isn't going to return they should've brought Courtney Hope or Briana Lane as Stephanie Johnson I can see either of them with Phillip. This is my first preference plus I thought Stephanie not Allie should've come to town pregnant. It was Phillip's she keeps it from him because well Victor and Phillip withholding Ava was alive thus letting Joey rot in jail over a murder he didn't commit. 

They could've dragged Steve/Kayla along with Chloe into this(especially given Stephanie's role in Parker's paternity drama etc). A storyline that involves Kate I would be interested in for a change. Instead they gave Allie a kid that is beyond pointless.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Yes. As long as it’s not whoever the actress who played her before. Philip needs to dump Chloe once and for all. I’m sick of this Broe/Phloe..Chloe always playing naive and Philip always getting his heart broken by this cartoon Chloe has become. Brady and Chloe deserve each other 

• Love 1

As for Stephanie, I actually liked Stephanie #1, Shayna Rose. No idea why she was replaced. I liked that she didn't look cookie cutter. How Steve and Kayla would have had a redheaded daughter, I can't say, but I liked her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

As for Stephanie, I actually liked Stephanie #1, Shayna Rose. No idea why she was replaced. I liked that she didn't look cookie cutter. How Steve and Kayla would have had a redheaded daughter, I can't say, but I liked her.

I didn't mind her I think because she wasn't cookie cutter is why the replaced her tbh. I could see her being a redhead because Grandma Caroline was a redhead. 

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Flockhart. Ally McBeal. The crossover we've all been waiting for!

tumblr-p0ogr1onEk1tb3ezco2-400-ally-mcbe

I could see Days trying to bring her on(would be better if husband was with her)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hmm. As far as 1st Stephanie

Kayla is a Brady, who are Irish..maybe there? Plus, red hair is a recessive gene. It can skip generations upon generations.  Both parents have to have the gene to make a red head. 
I am red..more strawberry blonde, also adopted. So I was teased so much in elementary school..ugh.. anyway, I was so worried my kids would be  full on ginger, freckled pasty skin. Married a blonde german..but that matters not..rolled the dice anyway

not joking..I was scared shitless and prepared to dye my kids hair blonde. ThNk heaven, I didn’t have to go there.

Luckily, my daughter..strawberry blonde, my son blonde..now darker.

I think I’ve only seen 2 men with red hair, that I thought looked handsome. And they were more auburn dark red

Anyway…I’m game..bring on the day walker Stephanie for Philip. Someone spunky..alive and SINCERE. He needs that in his life right now.

(unless JKJ leaves AGAIN, then I don’t give a crap)😣

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2021 at 8:40 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Xander plays hardball with EJ.

I read "baseball" and got very excited.

See, original EJ vs Xander would have been better...but this could still be good.

Team Xandy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I too loved her because the show was making an effort to make her a distinct heroine.  She was so much like Steve, she had an adventurous spirit, drove a race car and was a fighter like Kayla. She also had an interesting vibe with EJ.  I loved Stefanie# 2  while she was very beautiful but she was a generic heroine and lacked the distinctness that Stefanie#1 had.. 

The last time that the show really wrote for heroines was in the 80's where they had different personalities and flaws.. Hope, Marlena, Kim, Melissa, Jennifer, Kayla, Adrienne, Liz etc. were all heroines but they were not clones of each other. Each lady brought something different to the table and were very popular with the viewers.  They were not saccharine, boring hypocritical and self-righteous like they have been written for the past 20 years.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I too loved her because the show was making an effort to make her a distinct heroine.  She was so much like Steve, she had an adventurous spirit, drove a race car and was a fighter like Kayla. She also had an interesting vibe with EJ.  I loved Stefanie# 2  while she was very beautiful but she was a generic heroine and lacked the distinctness that Stefanie#1 had.. 

The last time that the show really wrote for heroines was in the 80's where they had different personalities and flaws.. Hope, Marlena, Kim, Melissa, Jennifer, Kayla, Adrienne, Liz etc. were all heroines but they were not clones of each other. Each lady brought something different to the table and were very popular with the viewers.  They were not saccharine, boring hypocritical and self-righteous like they have been written for the past 20 years.

Also generic where they are interchangeable tbh the villains have also become generic too. Which brings down any potentially good storylines because back then while there were dud storylines they seemed a lot better because the characters had better development. That's not the case anymore where plot overrides character driven writing.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2021 at 5:24 AM, WendyCR72 said:

On another note, I do like Phillip catching Chloe/Brady in bed together. Alas, it's likely completely innocent and blah. (And now Belle is talking Phillip off ledges? How long before she cheats on Shawn with Shawn's own uncle, again?)

Phillip needs to find a woman not involved with either of his nephews (Shawn via Bo; Brady via Isabella, also making Brady/Shawn first cousins!). It's way too incestuous.

Of course it’s not “innocent”. it’ll obviously be..oops..only one bed, no rooms left at the inn. 
Brady: I’ll just sleep on the floor, Chloe .you take the bed.    

Chloe: oh, no Brady, you’re still recovering from major SX! I’ll take the floor!

Brady: ohhh, no! What about your arm. I insist!  And what about “Philip”, (😳🙄

Chloe: who? Oh yeah. he’ll understand. 

Brady and Chloe: (in thought or unison)We are such good friends after all . We can handle it 

They jump in bed and one/or the other, probably  Brady, watches as the other sleeps. 
cue Philip walking in…same ole same ole
Brady and Chloe deserve each other. 
Soo 

I really hope Belle and Philip do hook up.. nothing like a little flop in the hay  to make all frustrations go away. 
As far as Brady, Shawn, Philip and the incestuous -mess of it all..why does Philip have to find a new partner, especially when it comes to Brady? Granted, I’d rather he does because Chloe has screwed him over so many times..and Brady’s been in so many relationships blah blah blah

But Belle and Philip are good. Shawn is a shadow ghost of who he should be. 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5

I wouldn't be opposed to a Phillip/Belle revisit if I thought they would get a legit shot. I always thought they were better suited for each other as adults. I find Belle way too ambitious for Shawn who just seems content being a townie. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a Phillip/Belle revisit if I thought they would get a legit shot. I always thought they were better suited for each other as adults. I find Belle way too ambitious for Shawn who just seems content being a townie. 

I have always said that Shelle kept both characters from being great.  The show was trying too hard to make them a supercouple because of their parents  and it did not work.  The supercouples back in the day were organic and never forced down the audience's throat.  The show gauged the audience's response to the couples and went from there.  They also used to test different characters to see if they sparkled together.  After Roman died, Marlena was tested with Mike and Chris.  She did not spark with them.  The actor who played Chris now plays Roman. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

I have always said that Shelle kept both characters from being great.  The show was trying too hard to make them a supercouple because of their parents  and it did not work.  The supercouples back in the day were organic and never forced down the audience's throat.  The show gauged the audience's response to the couples and went from there.  They also used to test different characters to see if they sparkled together.  After Roman died, Marlena was tested with Mike and Chris.  She did not spark with them.  The actor who played Chris now plays Roman. 

I wasn't really watching the show at this point, but apparently Jason Cook's Shawn absolutely came alive with Mimi but they blew it up because Shelle had to be endgame.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

I wasn't really watching the show at this point, but apparently Jason Cook's Shawn absolutely came alive with Mimi but they blew it up because Shelle had to be endgame.

I preferred Shawn with Mimi and Belle with Philip..

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Loved Shimi! But I prefer JKJ’s Philip with Belle. Kyle Brandt was a disgrace. 

Yes. Shimi shined!

And Kyle B absolutely ruined Phillips character. Had to take a break from the show then.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

And Kyle B absolutely ruined Phillips character. Had to take a break from the show then.

I wasn't watching during that time, but what did you think about John Paul Lavosier's Philip? As a long time OLTL and Days fan who both hated Rex and remembered JKJ's teenage Philip fondly, I was appalled to learn JPL was cast in the role. Then I watched a YouTube clip and threw up a little in my mouth, lol. Was FF playing Mimi on the show during JPL's run? Ugh, those two..

3 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I wasn't watching during that time, but what did you think about John Paul Lavosier's Philip? As a long time OLTL and Days fan who both hated Rex and remembered JKJ's teenage Philip fondly, I was appalled to learn JPL was cast in the role. Then I watched a YouTube clip and threw up a little in my mouth, lol. Was FF playing Mimi on the show during JPL's run? Ugh, those two..

Haha… no, I didn’t watch the show when the other guy took over either. Maybe one episode. And thought no thank you.  Maybe he was better than Kyle Brandt,? But Philip is one of those characters, for me, that can only be played  by JKJ..

I had no idea Mimi and Philip got together until I started watching again and quite frankly makes me very sad., and pissed off at the same time

JKJ has had a tougher time this time round, but I do blame a lot of that on the writing. If he sticks around and they give him something good, he’ll be awesome. 

• Love 3

I am only interested in the Xander and EJ stuff frankly. Apparently EJ offers to represent him? Is he a lawyer? But if Gwen confesses all then it's all moot. However the other spoiler about Xander playing hardball with EJ is curious. What would he have as leverage?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I am only interested in the Xander and EJ stuff frankly. Apparently EJ offers to represent him? Is he a lawyer? But if Gwen confesses all then it's all moot. However the other spoiler about Xander playing hardball with EJ is curious. What would he have as leverage?

EJ went to Oxford and Cambridge. Was a world-famous Formula 1 Race Driver. And an attorney mostly corporate stuff for Dimera. He rarely had cases on an ongoing basis like Mickey, Justin, Carrie or Belle did.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Oddly enough no Mimi wasn't on the show at that time we saw her briefly in 2019 with that Baby Bonnie plot though.

15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yep Shane/Kim were never planned but the show saw them and went with it. I think they were planning on putting Kim with someone else but I forgot the name of the character now.

Same with Jack/Jennifer not planned either.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

EJ went to Oxford and Cambridge. Was a world-famous Formula 1 Race Driver. And an attorney mostly corporate stuff for Dimera. He rarely had cases on an ongoing basis like Mickey, Justin, Carrie or Belle did.

He went to both Oxford and Cambridge lol? Usually one just picks one.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Oddly enough no Mimi wasn't on the show at that time we saw her briefly in 2019 with that Baby Bonnie plot though.

Yep Shane/Kim were never planned but the show saw them and went with it. I think they were planning on putting Kim with someone else but I forgot the name of the character now.

Same with Jack/Jennifer not planned either.

They were testing Kim with  Chris, Tony, Don and Neil.  A producer saw the chemistry between the actors that play Kim and Shane and the writers went with it..

Jack was being tested hard with Diana who was with Rojohn in case Deidre agreed to come back as Marlena... Jennifer was supposed to get back together with Frankie but sparks flew between Jack and Jennifer and the rest is history.  Frankie and Jennifer were the Shelle of the 80's, sweet first love.. Thank God the writers were not as rigid in putting Jennifer back with him as the writers were with Shelle.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show was trying too hard to make them a supercouple because of their parents  and it did not work.  The supercouples back in the day were organic and never forced down the audience's throat. 

This is why I HATED Shelle. Hell, I think Belle was SORASed just so she could be paired with teen Shawn-Douglas. There was no build-up, no will they/won't they. It was just here is BOPE's son falling in love with Jarlena's daughter and here are their group of friends who will now hog up most of the show. I was only a few years older than Shelle and tried to like them but I couldn't. Didn't help that I thought Jason Cooke and Kristen Storms had little chemistry and were bad actors. But, yeah, Shelle did not happen organically like the supercouples of the 1980's, and that was the worst offense. Weirdly enough, I rather like adult Shelle (BB and MM) and wouldn't mind if they got more screentime (that did not involve Belle cheating).

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

This is why I HATED Shelle. Hell, I think Belle was SORASed just so she could be paired with teen Shawn-Douglas. There was no build-up, no will they/won't they. It was just here is BOPE's son falling in love with Jarlena's daughter and here are their group of friends who will now hog up most of the show. I was only a few years older than Shelle and tried to like them but I couldn't. Didn't help that I thought Jason Cooke and Kristen Storms had little chemistry and were bad actors. But, yeah, Shelle did not happen organically like the supercouples of the 1980's, and that was the worst offense. Weirdly enough, I rather like adult Shelle (BB and MM) and wouldn't mind if they got more screentime (that did not involve Belle cheating).

Loved loved loved your post until the last sentence! Lol

i HATE BB &MM Portrayal of SHELLE. 
much rather have an oopsie..looks like Mimi has Baby that’s Shawn’s. And have Belle move on..smarter.. with Philip, of course 😉

I say bring MiMi back. And have Jan wake up from her 1000th coma. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

They were testing Kim with  Chris, Tony, Don and Neil.  A producer saw the chemistry between the actors that play Kim and Shane and the writers went with it..

Jack was being tested hard with Diana who was with Rojohn in case Deidre agreed to come back as Marlena... Jennifer was supposed to get back together with Frankie but sparks flew between Jack and Jennifer and the rest is history.  Frankie and Jennifer were the Shelle of the 80's, sweet first love.. Thank God the writers were not as rigid in putting Jennifer back with him as the writers were with Shelle.

Yes that's it I was trying to remember who was who at the time. I didn't mind Frankie/Jennifer but they were best as first love nothing more I would've gone for a revisit of them if Jack wasn't in the picture. I'd take that over Dannifer and well anything else tbh. However yes its funny how back then they were more open with pairings and went with what worked but now they forcefeed a pairing that either is well past its expiration date or the show likes them and insists it works(Rafe/Hope is another example). It took KA leaving the show to end that nightmare.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

I'm all for payoff but they should have Cin enjoy their honeymoon offscreen like Shelle/Ericole did we know they can't afford the location shots of past great couples on their honeymoon.

Plus that airtime can go to other characters who I rather see(like Steve/Kayla as an example).

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Soapdirt has an article about future baby speculation. 

Ben and Ciara

Xander and Gwen

Gabi and Jake 

UGH! NO BABIES! ESPECIALLY from these three disaster pairings.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Soapdirt has an article about future baby speculation. 

Ben and Ciara

Xander and Gwen

Gabi and Jake 

Maybe they'll mix the three couples up and it'll be Ben and Jake who have the baby.

I'd watch that!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1