Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Making a phone call on Christmas is hardly a return! But that sure keeps her off the story for a long time. I wonder what they will end up doing with Jack since it seems like that character is not coming back anytime soon. And interesting that they went with Melissa instead of Cady for the phone call.

ETA But, I am sure that some of the fans will be happily surprised on the Christmas Day show to see that.

• Love 1
Just now, Retired at last said:

Making a phone call on Christmas is hardly a return! But that sure keeps her off the story for a long time. I wonder what they will end up doing with Jack since it seems like that character is not coming back anytime soon. And interesting that they went with Melissa instead of Cady for the phone call.

I am just guessing that it is a phone call, but given that Missy does not want to return to LA that is a pretty safe assumption

• Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

https://www.soapoperanews.net/2021/08/melissa-reeves-heads-back-to-days-of.html?fbclid=IwAR3z-M3-EXmpSUsTf_3wgkzoGbicQndH4OC_Jh2Ntzpk2aQLDq-SbzKSVSU

She said it to a fan yesterday who met her at one of Scott's gigs. I am betting it is just a phone call home kind of a deal.  I was more horrified that she and Scott were maskless and hugging said fan, especially since I doubt they are vaccinated, but I am hyper sensitive to that stuff right now. Either way will be nice to see her on screen,however briefly. She apparently has not been watching the show as she had no clue about Gwen lol

Understandably. 
But why do you doubt they’re vaccinated?

I hope if they even bring Jen back, it’s Melissa. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Understandably. 
But why do you doubt they’re vaccinated?

I hope if they even bring Jen back, it’s Melissa. 

They are really out there with their views (well Scott is and Missy follows) and just the fact they are maskless and hugging fans shows that they are probably that way too. But I had better shut up about that lol

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

They are really out there with their views (well Scott is and Missy follows) and just the fact they are maskless and hugging fans shows that they are probably that way too. But I had better shut up about that lol

Nah!! I get it. My view at first was no way.. not getting it!! I work pharmacy, have NEVER gotten a flu shot in my life. I’m not against them, but  I just don’t like taking meds ..or think the flu shot does much..UNLESS,  you have underlying conditions…

now with the covid vaccination….I had a stress induced cardiomyopathy early last December. Soooo.  I was one of the first to get the covid vaccination as soon as it came out. So, I’m good with people who don’t wish to get the vac, and people who do. My only problem is people (my family) have obesity and diabetes, and elderly , refusing to get the vaccination. Then again, I’m all for free will.🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️
im more worried for them, than myself

now I really should shut up 🤫😂

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

I'm....just not happy with this.

Look, we all need to be super careful right now and considerate of others and if Miss Missy thinks her views should have nothing to do with her employment, I disagree. She's poo-pooed gay people, black people and apparently covid as well. Why should she be welcomed back to the show and have that platform?

If she hasn't been vaccinated, that's a huge risk to the aging vets and she's just not that important, sorry.

Show respect and love and you'll respected and loved in return. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Look, we all need to be super careful right now and considerate of others and if Miss Missy thinks her views should have nothing to do with her employment, I disagree. She's poo-pooed gay people, black people and apparently covid as well. Why should she be welcomed back to the show and have that platform?

If she hasn't been vaccinated, that's a huge risk to the aging vets and she's just not that important, sorry.

Very different from Paul Telfer who told fans off who whined about Victor and Maggie's reduced screen time and said he would never forgive himself if he didn't do everything he could to keep them safe 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well this exact thing could be said about Camilla Banus as well. Either way its up to the show if its a phone call I doubt she'd be sharing scenes with anyone. 

I prefer MR's version of Jennifer but at the same time Jennifer isn't really needed regardless of actress. I mean I would've been ok with Jennifer not returning because if all she's going to do is not have a voice of disdain towards Gwen there's no point. If she's going to be a yes woman to Jack on this issue at the expense of their daughter it doesn't matter which version of Jennifer it is tbh. 

On another note they're already filming Christmas now so I guess they're over 4 months ahead in taping.

• Love 3

So EJ is just going to forget the years that Sami spent devoted to him taking care of his every need when he was ill.  Sami did not even properly mourn for her first-born son Will when she was traveling the world looking for him when he was presumed dead.  What an ass!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

Spoilers for the week of August 16

Tuesday, August 17, 2021 
Paulina and Olivia have a heated conversation about the past. 
Gabi pushes Ava's buttons.

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 
Allie relays her concerns about Sami to John and Marlena.  

Thursday, August 19, 2021 
Chanel tells Allie about the guy she met last night... 
EJ asks Chad to help convince Johnny to work at DiMera. 

Friday, August 20, 2021 
Ben surprises Ciara with an impromptu wedding! 

Other spoilers

An exciting opportunity has this character saying goodbye to Salem. 

Nicole is approached with an offer from EJ.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She's poo-pooed gay people, black people and apparently covid as well. Why should she be welcomed back to the show and have that platform?

Well now, that’s very alarming to me. Didn’t know this about MR. I liked Jennifer( Melissa) wayyyy back in the day..but didn’t realize she had these views. Anything specific, or is this just “political “ nonsense? I don’t follow social media , so  have know idea.

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ugh. It's going to be EJ and Nicole. 

Oh we're going for a quad, right?  Tripp, Allie, Chanel and Johnny. So not to the throuple?

And Ugh Ugh Ugh to the CIN wedding.  Can they just go away?

Lol, I know, but really, who else is there?  Ava? And do we really want to see Rafe and Nicole? I like the feisty Nicole..  Rafe just bores the shit out of me and everyone he’s paired with takes a dive down that road. 
Oh crap on the quad! I like Chanel too much ( for now, anyway, lol) to have Tripp and Allie ruining her so soon. Not sure about Johnny yet, but that’s just weird.

And CIN  did go away….crack cabin turned love nest..just too bad it’s on screen, not off.  😑😣

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Well now, that’s very alarming to me. Didn’t know this about MR. I liked Jennifer( Melissa) wayyyy back in the day..but didn’t realize she had these views. Anything specific, or is this just “political “ nonsense? I don’t follow social media , so  have know idea.

Let's see how many details I can remember...in a nutshell, when the management behind restaurant chain Chick-Fil-A revealed strong anti-gay views and social media was aghast, Missy defiantly voiced support for the chain in a perky tweet. Jennifer, by extension, had no scenes with Will afterwards, in spite of him working for her at the Spectator, presumably because Missy wasn't interested in endorsing gay behaviors (one assumes). Then during BLM, Missy again stepped in it (tweets, I think), to the point where costars Lamon and Sal took to social media to counter her comments, clearly expressing frustration. As previously stated, her husband is apparently quite controlling and "religious" and folks believe him catching her in her affair with Jason Brooks - aka Peter Blake on DAYS - years ago lead to him keeping her on a tight leash. Whether or not her views are really her own, or just what the hubby wants her to say, doesn't change their impact. Downplaying covid, downplaying the systemic abuse of AA people, downplaying homophobic policies....it adds up. It's all online.

That said, she's always seemed very sweet on the show and obviously wouldn't have kept a job there for years if everyone hated her. Still...I'd love to know what her costars think of this.

And yes, CB has also downplayed covid, which is really disappointing. But Missy has covered more ground, it seems.

I'm kind of amazed that Ron is getting to write a bi four-way love story. The show hasn't exactly been comfortable keeping gay characters in the spotlight. Albert really approved this? And now Chanel is maybe going to lust after Allie's brother?

I know soaps always create creepily awkward bed-hopping dynamics, but it would have been really nice not to depict a bi person as being willing to sleep with siblings. Bi doesn't mean anything goes. I felt similarly uncomfortable with Will and Sonny both nailing Paul. Like..."not straight" doesn't equal "comfortable with anything/so horny it's all just details", you know?

If Chanel went from Allie to someone outside her family line, that would be better.

What do you guys think - is she being written as too cavalier?

I'm seeing good potential for an EJ/Nicole Redux, now that Sami ruined her relationship with Eric and both she and EJ could want revenge. Plus, Allie is Team Nicole, adding fuel to the "Sami is bad, Nicole is good" stance that will drive Sami up the wall. I could easily see Ron wanting to build towards another huge Sami/Nicole brawl. And if AS is leaving in a few months, EJ has to be viable without her.

Abigail getting back with him would only end things with her and Chad, and the producers don't seem to want that.

Nicole with Rafe is pointless. Sure he's Sami's ex, but there would be no stakes to their relationship. They'd have to force other characters to care. So EJ and Nicole having a love/hate revenge relationship makes the most sense long-term.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Gabi pushes Ava's buttons.

Oh good. Ava is only watchable when she's sparring with Gabi.

I am willing to see how the Chanel/Johnny thing goes, but I'm disappointed they're going this way. I mean, I wanted the throuple lol, but also just Chanel having something going with siblings is not what I would've wanted to see.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh good. Ava is only watchable when she's sparring with Gabi.

I am willing to see how the Chanel/Johnny thing goes, but I'm disappointed they're going this way. I mean, I wanted the throuple lol, but also just Chanel having something going with siblings is not what I would've wanted to see.

Careful.  We still don't know who Chanel's father is.  I wouldn't put it past DOOL to play around with their take on "sister wife".  Especially not with Ron at the helm.

Besides, this is Salem, the town that prizes family above all else.  

Just ask Doug.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's see how many details I can remember...in a nutshell, when the management behind restaurant chain Chick-Fil-A revealed strong anti-gay views and social media was aghast, Missy defiantly voiced support for the chain in a perky tweet. Jennifer, by extension, had no scenes with Will afterwards, in spite of him working for her at the Spectator, presumably because Missy wasn't interested in endorsing gay behaviors (one assumes). Then during BLM, Missy again stepped in it (tweets, I think), to the point where costars Lamon and Sal took to social media to counter her comments, clearly expressing frustration. As previously stated, her husband is apparently quite controlling and "religious" and folks believe him catching her in her affair with Jason Brooks - aka Peter Blake on DAYS - years ago lead to him keeping her on a tight leash. Whether or not her views are really her own, or just what the hubby wants her to say, doesn't change their impact. Downplaying covid, downplaying the systemic abuse of AA people, downplaying homophobic policies....it adds up. It's all online.

That said, she's always seemed very sweet on the show and obviously wouldn't have kept a job there for years if everyone hated her. Still...I'd love to know what her costars think of this.

And yes, CB has also downplayed covid, which is really disappointing. But Missy has covered more ground, it seems.

Apparently Lauren K is also an anti vaxer. I am surprised NBC has not mandated it for all staff as many studios have done.

Excellent summary of Missy - I always felt she changed radically after that marriage, I have followed her since she was on Santa Barbara and she was definitely a different person pre Scott. I was really really sad to see them both maskless and hugging fans over the weekend, but said fan was happy so there is that. Missy apparently disclosed she is there for the tree trimming so more than a phone call i guess. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Apparently Lauren K is also an anti vaxer. I am surprised NBC has not mandated it for all staff as many studios have done.

Excellent summary of Missy - I always felt she changed radically after that marriage, I have followed her since she was on Santa Barbara and she was definitely a different person pre Scott. I was really really sad to see them both maskless and hugging fans over the weekend, but said fan was happy so there is that. Missy apparently disclosed she is there for the tree trimming so more than a phone call i guess. 

😔 ugh Kate too? Yeesh. The more I hear about cast members personal lives and "political views" (LK, AS, CB, MR, etc) the more disappointed I am. Thank god Kate isn't in a story anymore with other vets.

...I just don't get how they can come to work every day sans vaxx and look Judi Evans in the eyes after what she went through.

I am kinda glad Jennifer is back in some form because someone needs to hang Laura's ornament. Poor Laura. I just realized how many Xmases she missed even though it would have been appropriate to bring her back annually, as we all have relatives and friends who pop up come the holidays.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Oh Jesus.

Is John not returning?

😔😔😔😔😔

Edit: now that I've read it, it seems like speculation based entirely on the fact that Billie is investigating special jewels in the Beyond Salem series. Deimos was saddled with an interest in "magical" artifacts before he died. I guess the author needed an angle. There's nothing to back it up.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

ugh Kate too? Yeesh. The more I hear about cast members personal lives and "political views" (LK, AS, CB, MR, etc) the more disappointed I am. Thank god Kate isn't in a story anymore with other vets.

...I just don't get how they can come to work every day sans vaxx and look Judi Evans in the eyes after what she went through.

Routinely injects actual poison into her face but won't get a vaccine.  Makes perfect sense to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Routinely injects actual poison into her face but won't get a vaccine.  Makes perfect sense to me.

My take, too. AS, too? Really? Anyone want to take the time to elaborate on that? Hoping they might have changed their minds.....

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

My take, too. AS, too? Really? Anyone want to take the time to elaborate on that? Hoping they might have changed their minds.....

Yeah she was not on my covidiot list.  I agree with the post above that Judi Evans' ordeal should have been enough to make any of them realize how real this is.

• Love 5

I only read something months ago here or elsewhere about AS' affiliations that made me go ".....reaaallly?" but I don't recall it being covid-specific.

I don't really dig into these people's lives for fun so there are other, more social media aware people with more to say on that subject.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I guess Claire is the one leaving. After yesterday it can't be too soon for me. I hate her insipid delivery and inexplicable Ben worship. ORK would have somehow made this work 

It just feels like the character has evaporated. They have no clue who she is anymore.  It's a shame. 

• Love 7

Ron is only interested in writing two types of women: Psychotic bitchy women or eternal victims. Once Claire stopped being a lunatic the show had no interest in writing for her. They should've just shipped her off with Charlie tbh he was ruined for nothing. I thought they had potential. Instead we got stuck with Allie and Tripp(although I like him more than her).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ron is only interested in writing two types of women: Psychotic bitchy women or eternal victims. Once Claire stopped being a lunatic the show had no interest in writing for her. They should've just shipped her off with Charlie tbh he was ruined for nothing. I thought they had potential. Instead we got stuck with Allie and Tripp(although I like him more than her).

True.. why would they want  Claire “normal”, or reformed anyway. Her parents are too boring of a couple to put a boring Claire in the mix. I say, put her paternity back to  Philip and let her Go Full on Kiriakis!!

otherwise ..blech!

And speaking of blech..I feel the same about a Tripp and Allie..I can’t stand them equally. Sooooo boring!! Victor & Maggie are more fun and spunky than these two 20 somethings!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

They should have johnny find out the truth about how he was conceived.I feel like that would be a juicy storyline for him.

Havent we seen this already with JJ ?

Where they used Jack/Kayla rape saga to trash Jack in order to prop up Daniel.

Carlivati's track record with Rape storylines suggests he is not really the best writer for this sort of storyline.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Rafael said:

Havent we seen this already with JJ ?

Where they used Jack/Kayla rape saga to trash Jack in order to prop up Daniel.

Carlivati's track record with Rape storylines suggests he is not really the best writer for this sort of storyline.

Well yes but at least EJ/Johnny are on at the same time so that could be better. Jack was presumed dead at that point otherwise I did like the idea of the story but yeah the Daniel part left a lot to be desired. However someone other than Ron wrote JJ's story and someone other than Ron should write this one.

I don't expect Johnny to be nearly as understanding and empathetic to his mother the way JJ was to Kayla. I was pleasantly surprised that the show didn't have him be mad at her (he was mad at Jennifer/Abby for keeping this from him).

• Love 4

So, Ben will obviously suffer no consequences for his actions. He just gets a wedding again right away. Regardless of TWU WUV, he still kidnapped someone and held them against their will. Hell, all those times he harassed Ciara, he should have been arrested for that.

Also, if the rumours are true that Paulina is Lani's mom, does this indicate Abe isn't really her father? It's probably mystery bad man from her past? Because why else would Abe mention that story to her today?

Edited by RunningMarket
spelling
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

So, Ben will obviously suffer no consequences for his actions. He just gets a wedding again right away. Regardless of TWU WUV, he still kidnapped someone and held them against their will. Hell, all those times he harassed Ciara, he should have been arrested for that.

Also, if the rumours are true that Paulina is Lani's mom, does this indicate Abe isn't really her father? It's probably mystery bad man from her past? Because why else would Abe mention that story to her today?

Ben has committed multiple crimes since his "redemption" and he's gotten off every single time. The only time he's gone to jail was the one time he wasn't guilty. It's probably the reason the show was willing to acknowledge that what he did was kidnapping because they knew it wouldn't matter and he wouldn't face consequences anyway.

Other than wanting to rip-off an old Bo/Hope storyline, so they could continue pretending CIN is anything like them, I don't know what the point was of divorcing the couple if they were just going to hurry and get them re-married. I assumed they did it so Ben wasn't tied down the next time VK leaves, but it feels like they're out of options of what to do the next time she leaves since they've already gone the presumed dead route. Unless, he leaves with her next time, which I'd be all for.

Yeah, I'm assuming now the abusive guy is her dad which is why Paulina felt she couldn't raise her. This still seems to not speak very highly of Lani's "mom" (I forget her name.) Unless she somehow didn't know Lani wasn't hers, what was the point of her telling Abe years after the fact that Lani was his and letting them bond?

• Love 5

None of this makes me remotely more interested in Lani. Now that she likely has Paulina as her real Mom, is it too much to hope for a suicide storyline?

Sorry, that's dark. I'm tired. And Lani's tired too. In fact, she has been since day one.

Ron giving us two adult characters having big confrontations with their secret parents in the same year is also tired. First Gwen, now Lani.

I'd rather watch Lani look for loose change in the couch cushions than feign interest in her parentage.

What's the point of writing this in? Will Sal cry again? Whoopie.

I rewatched the clips of Abigail setting Ben on fire again yesterday. It was deeply satisfying. That's all I'll say about that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

None of this makes me remotely more interested in Lani. Now that she likely has Paulina as her real Mom, is it too much to hope for a suicide storyline?

Sorry, that's dark. I'm tired. And Lani's tired too. In fact, she has been since day one.

Ron giving us two adult characters having big confrontations with their secret parents in the same year is also tired. First Gwen, now Lani.

I'd rather watch Lani look for loose change in the couch cushions than feign interest in her parentage.

What's the point of writing this in? Will Sal cry again? Whoopie.

I rewatched the clips of Abigail setting Ben on fire again yesterday. It was deeply satisfying. That's all I'll say about that.

DisneyBoy, you hit every mark with this post!  Especially the 

I'd rather watch Lani look for loose change in the couch cushions than feign interest in her parentage. line!  LOL

Well done!

• Love 3

While I think Abe deserves better than Lani as a daughter I also don't see the point either. Abe just continues to be crapped on by this show as they see him as nothing but a talk to for the other characters on this show and his family doesn't seem to matter. This also falls flat if Tamara doesn't show up in this storyline at all and not be told off by Abe and Lani for letting them think they were related all these years...

That being said outside of DNA nothing has changed with Abe/Lani's relationship.

This is also Ron ripping off JER yet again using Lexie's backstory for Lani(sister raises child and the bio mother pretends to be her aunt) however at least when JER set it up I liked it and made way more sense.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I think Abe deserves better than Lani as a daughter I also don't see the point either. Abe just continues to be crapped on by this show as they see him as nothing but a talk to for the other characters on this show and his family doesn't seem to matter. This also falls flat if Tamara doesn't show up in this storyline at all and not be told off by Abe and Lani for letting them think they were related all these years...

Yes. How shady can you get - writing a likeable enough actess out of a part you barely allowed her to play without even bringing her back on screen...? Who does that?

Ron is entirely too proud of his creations - Leo, Paulina, Stefan, Jake - and too happy to let others wither, even if they're lead characters with history. As much as y'all are bored with Eric, I'd easily trade him (a well-written version of him anyway) for Paulina and Jake.

Am I the only one who thinks the Xander/Nicole/Eric/Sami/Lucas/EJ storyline is easily the most engaging plot of the year? By a mile?

I know focus has to be shared, but I see and feel more passion for characters other than the ones I tune in for. Which is why I largely stopped tuning in.

I really like James as Abe, but he has no house set, no mayoral duties, no consistent relationships....we could be getting a great storyline out of him comforting a confused and abandoned Theo...but we won't. It's a shame.

2 hours ago, boes said:

DisneyBoy, you hit every mark with this post!  Especially the 

I'd rather watch Lani look for loose change in the couch cushions than feign interest in her parentage. line!  LOL

Well done!

*bows reverently before the master*

• Love 6