Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

So, Ben will obviously suffer no consequences for his actions. He just gets a wedding again right away. Regardless of TWU WUV, he still kidnapped someone and held them against their will. Hell, all those times he harassed Ciara, he should have been arrested for that.

All Ciara has to say is that Ben did not kidnap her - she ran away .  Poof - all kidnapping charges gone.   And unless the victim files a complaint (or gets a restraining order that is subsequently violated) the police can do nothing about someone's harassment of another person.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yes. How shady can you get - writing a likeable enough actess out of a part you barely allowed her to play without even bringing her back on screen...? Who does that?

Ron is entirely too proud of his creations - Leo, Paulina, Stefan, Jake - and too happy to let others wither, even if they're lead characters with history. As much as y'all are bored with Eric, I'd easily trade him (a well-written version of him anyway) for Paulina and Jake.

Am I the only one who thinks the Xander/Nicole/Eric/Sami/Lucas/EJ storyline is easily the most engaging plot of the year? By a mile?

I know focus has to be shared, but I see and feel more passion for characters other than the ones I tune in for. Which is why I largely stopped tuning in.

I really like James as Abe, but he has no house set, no mayoral duties, no consistent relationships....we could be getting a great storyline out of him comforting a confused and abandoned Theo...but we won't. It's a shame.

*bows reverently before the master*

I actually would rather see Eric than any of these people despite his weepy ways at least he's a legacy character and has established ties with this show. If Nicole has to be with a "good guy" I rather it be Eric than Rafe. However unless you are Sami the Brady children don't matter to this show. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sigh. 

....I just read a rumor that not only is Paulina Lani's mother....but that the abusive man who fathered her...

....was Stefano.

😤😤😤😤😤😤

I  was afraid of that........

So, if that turns out to be true, then that might mean that Lani was in a semi-incestuous fling with her adopted sister, Kristen?  

The DiMera gene pool is so stagnant it needs to be drained, filled in and paved over.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, rcc said:

I hate that rumor. Now Lani is much more important in this show than the bad actress deserves.

She's more important as the only adult daughter of Abe than she would be as the 100th offspring of Stefano Dimera.  But it's not about what the actress deserves, IMO.  I think she'd be better with a more well rounded character.  What bothers me is that is that the show keeps thinking that connecting a character to an interesting family* or new family passes as developing a character.  But it rarely does.

*Debatable, to be honest.  The Dimera family kind of bores me.

Take Jake, for instance. I actually like Jake a little more than others here but he was better as an unconnected grease monkey.  Connecting him to Dimera didn't add dimensions to his character. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

So, then the woman Abe thought was his daughter is actually his late wife's half sister?

That's complicated, even for a soap.

And the guy Lani thought was her half brother is really her nephew.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She's more important as the only adult daughter of Abe than she would be as the 100th offspring of Stefano Dimera.  But it's not about what the actress deserves, IMO.  I think she'd be better with a more well rounded character.  What bothers me is that is that the show keeps thinking that connecting a character to an interesting family* or new family passes as developing a character.  But it rarely does.

The show has been doing this for years and it has failed consistently..  The last character who was written into the show without having a biological connection to the people already on canvas was Kate Roberts.. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The show has been doing this for years and it has failed consistently..  The last character who was written into the show without having a biological connection to the people already on canvas was Kate Roberts.. 

Actually Nicole Walker was the last character written onto the show without having a biological connection to others on canvas. Later on we saw her family of course but at the time she was a woman with a past that caught Eric's eye.

They don't have to create these retcons they could've casted these actors as character connected to Days past. One of them could be Andrew Donovan, Jeremy Horton etc. Lani could've come on as a child that Theo(Abe's brother) never knew and comes to Salem to find her father only to learn he was killed and Abe would've been related to her and love her as his own.

She didn't need to be his retcon daughter(which made sense compared to the other retcons on this show) only to undo it and not have Tamara involved in the fallout of any of this even though she should be blamed for all of it. This story is DOA for me because of it. Same with them shipping off Theo right before the reveal. I mean you bring him back to be a prop for Cin but something involving his actual family he can't be around for? 

Yeah that makes sense although Theo might be better off at this point.

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

*Debatable, to be honest.  The Dimera family kind of bores me.

Take Jake, for instance. I actually like Jake a little more than others here but he was better as an unconnected grease monkey.  Connecting him to Dimera didn't add dimensions to his character. 

I also preferred Jake before they made him into a Dimera and even if he were a Dimera he was better off just owning a garage he didn't need to be in the business world. Its ok for characters to have different personalities, careers etc that's what made them memorable in years past.

Those days are ancient history of course.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually Nicole Walker was the last character written onto the show without having a biological connection to others on canvas. Later on we saw her family of course but at the time she was a woman with a past that caught Eric's eye.

Yes you are right, what I should have said was that Kate was an instant hit with the viewers.  It was just magical when she came in as the divine Deborah Adair.... I still miss her Kate till this day..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes you are right, what I should have said was that Kate was an instant hit with the viewers.  It was just magical when she came in as the divine Deborah Adair....

It is hard to believe I used to like Kate once upon a time and she wasn't a cartoon that she is now.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It is hard to believe I used to like Kate once upon a time and she wasn't a cartoon that she is now.

To be fair, everybody is a shell of their former selves.  In Kate's case, they wrote her as being sociopathic at times over the years when she was much more complex when Deborah played her and when Lauren took over from her in her earlier years. 

In some ways Kate over the years became more like her abusive psycho husband Curtis.  I actually think that would be a good story for Kate, sometimes victims of long-term abuse will become perpetrators of abuse as well.. I have heard of women in real life who were abused as children, refusing to have children fearing that they would do to their children what was done to them.. That is just heartbreaking to me..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They don't have to create these retcons they could've casted these actors as character connected to Days past. One of them could be Andrew Donovan, Jeremy Horton etc. Lani could've come on as a child that Theo(Abe's brother) never knew and comes to Salem to find her father only to learn he was killed and Abe would've been related to her and love her as his own.

She didn't need to be his retcon daughter(which made sense compared to the other retcons on this show) only to undo it and not have Tamara involved in the fallout of any of this even though she should be blamed for all of it. This story is DOA for me because of it. Same with them shipping off Theo right before the reveal. I mean you bring him back to be a prop for Cin but something involving his actual family he can't be around for? 

Yeah that makes sense although Theo might be better off at this point.

I also preferred Jake before they made him into a Dimera and even if he were a Dimera he was better off just owning a garage he didn't need to be in the business world. Its ok for characters to have different personalities, careers etc that's what made them memorable in years past.

Those days are ancient history of course.

This X 1000.  Lani sucks as a character.  Making her a DIFFERENT retcon doesn't make her character any better.  Especially making her Stefano's 3,847th (or possibly 4,678th - I've lost count) child.

Days basically has business mogul, (meaning you want in on the revolving door CEO at either DiMeara or Titan - I fully expect either Ciara, Chanel or Allie to declare that they are eminently qualified to be CEO's within the next 3 years) doctor or detective/secret agent.  Throw in a few miscellaneous jobs for the vets that no one else will be able to do until one of them dies (bar/restaurant owner, lawyer, mayor, newspaper editor, ukulele player.)  They don't even bother giving the young crowd jobs anymore - at least there was some drama with everyone being waitstaff.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought it was Rafe and Gabi... 

• Useful 2

Coming up August 30 – September 3:

Anna lets Roman know that Carrie and Austin’s marriage is in trouble.
Chad confides in Jack he fears his marriage to Abigail is over.

So....they had Roman say they were back together and now they're having trouble again? Yeesh. Pick a direction, Show.

Abby is off with Jen and avoiding her desire to murder Gwen, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Daytime Royalty Spoilers

Monday, August 23, 2021
Paulina crashes Chanel’s date with Johnny

Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Gwen and Xander hit the sheets.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Kate warns Philip not to hire Jake.

Thursday, August 26, 2021
Philip flips out when he learns Chloe is going to New York with Brady.
Realizing she’s coming between Rafe and Ava, Nicole makes a tough decision.

Friday, August 27, 2021
Bonnie’s past comes back to haunt her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hope the eventual reveal of Lani's biological father isn't Stefano, for the simple reason that all this talk of Paulina's husband being abusive would be a slap in the face to the legacy of the character. Stefano was a lot of things, but physically abusive to women was not one of them.

(I could be misremembering, and I hope I'm not)

• Love 3

Marlena might have something to say about that...

But no, I don't remember him being physically rough with women. Though that hardly makes him a saint.

Could they even show a man slapping a woman on daytime tv these days...or would that be like smoking cigarettes?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Marlena might have something to say about that...

But no, I don't remember him being physically rough with women. Though that hardly makes him a saint.

Could they even show a man slapping a woman on daytime tv these days...or would that be like smoking cigarettes?

Oh for sure - lots of people on this show are slap-happy. But I'm not sure Stefano would have been described as an "abusive spouse". (At least in the physical sense - they're all emotionally abusive a-holes on this show.)

• Love 3

Physically beating a woman doesn’t sound like Stefano.

Kidnapping her and locking her in a birdcage for an entire summer, sure.

Using a brainchip to make her think she’s a princess who likes to steal art, sure.

Threatening to kill her family so she’ll marry his son, who is a doppelgänger for his father who lost his true love, sure.

But beating a woman is soooo lowbrow for Stefano. How could he listen to opera while doing that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

Using a brainchip to make her think she’s a princess who likes to steal art, sure.

Threatening to kill her family so she’ll marry his son, who is a doppelgänger for his father who lost his true love, sure.

But beating a woman is soooo lowbrow for Stefano. How could he listen to opera while doing that?

Stefano had no respect for women so what if he never hit a woman on the show, but he damaged women who would not submit to him.  Abuse is not just physical.  He terrorized Rachel, Kristen's mother because she would not leave her husband for him. He had women sell their bodies for money that went into his pockets like Kate Roberts. I have no doubt he had his prostitutes roughed up if they did not bring in enough money. He used Marlena as an incubator when she was in a coma to bring the Gemini twins into the world.  He violated Marlena's body in order to do this. He raped Hope when she was brainwashed into believing that she was Princess Gina.  Stefano was a psychopath, so I don't understand why people are saying that Stefano is incapable of abusing a woman.. For me, hitting a woman would indeed be in character.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

carolyntopoltalk.com Spoilers

Monday, August 23rd:
EJ makes Xander a surprising offer.

Tuesday, August 24th:
Things heat up between Chanel and Johnny.

Wednesday, August 25th:
Brady invites Chloe to go away with him.

Thursday, August 26th:
Justin and Bonnie move forward with wedding plans.

Friday, August 27th:
Johnny entices Tony and Anna to invest in his movie.
Justin asks Steve to be his best man.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I hope , hope , even begging Philip to listen to Kate, even though it may seem because of her own selfish reasons.

He has every right to “flip” out over Chloe and BroBrady going to New York together. He needs to lose her fast. And get smart on this Gabi/Jake thing.

Hahaha..Paulina Interrupting Johnny and Chanel’s date 🤦🏼‍♀️
But I would honestly like to see their chemistry..it will drive boring Allie crazy!! And serve her right!

And on  Stefano being Lani’s bio dad..just doesn’t make sense with everything we’ve learned so far. So hopefully NOT.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I agree Stefano did a lot ( ie Marlena) but beating a woman black and blue to have bruises and rape wasn't him. 

I think rape WAS Stefano. It was rape when he had sex with Hope (and thought he was Zack’s father) after brain-chipping her to believe she was Gina. It was rape when he and EJ replaced Rafe with a doppelgänger and giggled about how funny it was that Sami would have sex with a man she didn’t know/choose.

He just didn’t rape by holding a woman down while she screamed “no”. He removed her ability to consent in other ways. 

• Love 9

I remember Paulina saying she was in an abusive relationship - she was physically abused.  I thought she was in a consensual relationship until it turned abusive.  Did she specifically SAY he raped her?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I remember Paulina saying she was in an abusive relationship - she was physically abused.  I thought she was in a consensual relationship until it turned abusive.  Did she specifically SAY he raped her?  

Yea, that's what I thought as well.

• Love 2

Can we place bets on how this wedding will end?

A) Bonnie can't go through with it for...reasons. Justin is too good for her or something. She calls it off.

B) Bonnie pulls a Jack/Ciara/Will and suddenly "remembers!" she's Adrienne.

C) Hattie interrupts and whisks Bonnie away.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

A) Bonnie can't go through with it for...reasons. Justin is too good for her or something. She calls it off.

I wish it was B but it will probably be A. 

And, yes, it's stupid that Justin would ask Steve to be his best man when they were just "fighting" over Kayla a year ago. I think because of that misguided relationship things are still awkward between Steve, Justin, and Kayla. Besides, Jack and Justin were pretty close after Adrienne's death and while Steve was Steveano. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That is likely the answer 

4ptrl2wps5i71.jpg

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They were?

It didn't register with me.

Jack/Justin's closeness? I can see if you watched the last couple of years you don't notice it but they were a lot closer in the late 80s/early 90s because of their ties to Angelica and later on Adrienne. 

I mean Sonny is named after Jack and Abby/JJ were close to Sonny.

Steve/Justin not nearly as close but accepted one another because of Adrienne. 

• Love 2