Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Boes...so you think the show now is better than it was in Reilly's 90s heyday?

fd98b92114738d9ee9dd019e1c7410c5_w200.gi

No.  You've read my post incorrectly.  I think Reilly was so bad that no writer, including Ron C. could make it worse.  Hence, saying Ron C. is a "rank amateur".----------------------------------------  As in , no one can be worse than Reilly.  That doesn't automatically translate into "Ron C. is a better writer".  It means Reilly's horridness is on a plane all it's own.

If I have to explain it any further I'm going to pretend to be Doug possessed by the annoyed devil.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, boes said:

Boes...so you think the show now is better than it was in Reilly's 90s heyday?

fd98b92114738d9ee9dd019e1c7410c5_w200.gi

Expand  

No.  You've read my post incorrectly.  I think Reilly was so bad that no writer, including Ron C. could make it worse.  Hence, saying Ron C. is a "rank amateur".----------------------------------------  As in , no one can be worse than Reilly.  That doesn't automatically translate into "Ron C. is a better writer".  It means Reilly's horridness is on a plane all it's own.

If I have to explain it any further I'm going to pretend to be Doug possessed by the annoyed devil.

No need for that 🙃 (though I have to ask - would you float if that happened?)

I get now what you mean...but honestly, budgets aside, Reilly could still write well. The Kristen saga was well handled and moved along wonderfully and built suspense galore. Her bringing a sick Roman back to stop Marlena from marrying John was clever and extended things. There were payoffs and emotional beats. Sami also became a scene stealer under his pen (or more of one).

...he also made the horrid Passions, however, which replaced Another World so believe me I'm not his biggest fan. But he could write...

...do I think his reign negatively impacted the medium? Absolutely. People aped his high concept approach and killed their shows in the process (ahem AW) but Days did come back from it slowly. Not all the way mind you, but a bit.

Now Ron is pushing it back that way and I doubt the series will ever recover.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Has there been any news about Linsey G returning to play Sarah? So glad that Xander found out and loved how Gwen is just sitting there in bed as he races to get out of there. (Not a Gwen fan at all.)

Does anybody here not predict that 

A) Gwen will find out first and hide Sarah's plight from Xander 

And

B) once Xander rescues Sarah and brings her home Gwen will reveal she is pregnant ?

• Love 4

Hey that's good! I'll take that. Guess he really is Xander's friend.

...it's weird that they haven't shown Jack struggling to manage The Spectator at all, what with Jennifer out of town. You'd think there would be some story opportunities in that.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey that's good! I'll take that. Guess he really is Xander's friend.

...it's weird that they haven't shown Jack struggling to manage The Spectator at all, what with Jennifer out of town. You'd think there would be some story opportunities in that.

Probably can't afford the set. And it is more than about time that Xander learns about Sarah! Although, if I were Sarah, I'd be out for blood.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think SheDevil was the one to convince Sami to rape Austin.

Sure was! She encouraged Sami to go after Austin by any means necessary. For the first few years of Sami’s crush on Austin, she was (mostly) respectful of the Austin/Carrie relationship. Poor Sami even carried around the key (as requested!) that symbolized that one day Carrie/Austin would have sex in the cabin the key unlocked. 

Sami occasionally pulled some petty nonsense with Austin when she blamed Carrie for Alan Harris not getting convicted, but MarDevil encouraged Sami to elevate her schemes to the umpteenth degree. And that essentially never stopped.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

I read on another site that Jack finds out about Sarah to get Zander away from Gwen.  

I actually would like this although I don't get why Jack never attempted to meddle in Abby or JJ's lives like he's doing with Gwen but I digress. Then again Jennifer would never allow it either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I believe it was leaked that Lindsay had returned to set months ago. How long Sarah stays, though, I don't know. I assume its a brief "wrap up my plot" visit...

If only it could turn out that Rachel is really Sara's, it would be a great comeuppance for Kristen.. She deserves nothing but misery.. What an awful character!

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Sure was! She encouraged Sami to go after Austin by any means necessary. For the first few years of Sami’s crush on Austin, she was (mostly) respectful of the Austin/Carrie relationship. Poor Sami even carried around the key (as requested!) that symbolized that one day Carrie/Austin would have sex in the cabin the key unlocked. 

Sami occasionally pulled some petty nonsense with Austin when she blamed Carrie for Alan Harris not getting convicted, but MarDevil encouraged Sami to elevate her schemes to the umpteenth degree. And that essentially never stopped.

Also Mardevil gave Sami some attention and Sami was really happy to have her "mother"s attention, it was really sad if you think about it.  All of this contributed to Sami becoming ruthless..

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If only it could turn out that Rachel is really Sara's, it would be a great comeuppance for Kristen.. She deserves nothing but misery.. What an awful character!

It would also make way more sense for a woman in her late 30's to have a baby, as opposed to a woman who should be about 68 years old or so by this point.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Welcome Jay! *bro hug, super extra macho*

Prepare to be underwhelmed 😄 

Haha, I'm sure I've romanticized the original story in my mind, but I used to watch Days every day with my grandparents when we weren't in school. So yea, I'm all on this nostalgia thing.

*BRO HUG!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

All that is missing is My name is X, prepare to be underwhelmed.

I was really disappointed in the Johnny Dimera casting. They had a chance to bring in a hot, sexy 21-year old bad boy hunk, and they chose a bland twink just as derpy and boring as his sister. Ugh. He's a Dimera- why did they cast him like he was a Brady? Ugh.

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was really disappointed in the Johnny Dimera casting. They had a chance to bring in a hot, sexy 21-year old bad boy hunk, and they chose a bland twink just as derpy and boring as his sister. Ugh. He's a Dimera- why did they cast him like he was a Brady? Ugh.

I said in another thread that I think it should be “”revealed” that he’s actually Lucas’s son, instead of EJ’s. I was hopeful at first, but now, like always, these days, of my life, I am so so disappointed in how this is playing out.

Show needs a real bad boy..and a hot one at that!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2021 at 1:20 AM, Frozendiva said:

SoapDirt comings and goings, including Sarah. Probably lifted from the preview.

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-comings-and-goings-victor-kiriakis-back-sarah-finally-found/

YAyyyyyyyy!! Victor..he’s baaack! And Maggie!!! hopefully talking Philip into dumping  his Chloe/Brady obsession and take down Gabs &Jakey!! 
And Rex coming back to town..wish he would stay and take Chloe away from Brady. 
becauae I’m not a fan of Sara/Xander, and Brady  is just getting on my last nerve! I’d rather have KL back in the role of Brady.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

He's a Dimera- why did they cast him like he was a Brady? Ugh.

Pretty sure it wasn't just EJ who contributed to his DNA. Sami, his mother, is a Brady so he's half Brady. 

He doesn't do anything for me personally, but judging by the comments here there are plenty of people who think he's hot and charming.

11 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I said in another thread that I think it should be “”revealed” that he’s actually Lucas’s son, instead of EJ’s.

I would love that!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

YAyyyyyyyy!! Victor..he’s baaack! And Maggie!!! hopefully talking Philip into dumping  his Chloe/Brady obsession and take down Gabs &Jakey!! 
And Rex coming back to town..wish he would stay and take Chloe away from Brady. 
becauae I’m not a fan of Sara/Xander, and Brady  is just getting on my last nerve! I’d rather have KL back in the role of Brady.

I wonder if Rex's return will trigger the search for Sarah, or if the return of Sarah will trigger the Rex return.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2021 at 7:38 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Just saw the Fall Preview...

...so Doug is getting possessed right now (maybe) and that's why he's forgetting things! Ok. Less depressing than dementia.

Possessed Marlena gets to levitate again. Why they bothered I don't know - it looks like reused footage from the 1st time. No new twist? Meh.

Nicole gets banged by Rafe at BB (maybe) and asked out by EJ. Couldn't we have skipped the first one?

Cin trying to conceive should be the demon posession storyline. Rosemary's Baby! Who's with me?

Apparently Out Of Options Abe marries PITA Paulina, and Really? Roman throws himself at Kate for the bazillionth time. Philip gives Chloe presents and punches Brady, which is mine.

No sign of Ava or Kristen. Hm.

Yes, yes, yes! This!  Rosemary's Baby for Cin all the way! I'm loving this idea! If I have to sit through more sex between them there'd better be a demon in there somewhere.  If not, Ron can take a knife to the actual scripts because everything else has less life than the dead. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Carlivati revisiting the possesion storyline is all about him being creatively bankrupt to the point where he rips off storylines from  one of the most polarising writers the show has ever had. 

i dont understand why Corday has so much faith in him to the point where he even lets him write spinoff shows when it would have been better to bring in fresh writers. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Carlivati revisiting the possesion storyline is all about him being creatively bankrupt to the point where he rips off storylines one of the most polarising writers the show has ever had. 

i dont understand why Corday has so much faith in him to the point where he even lets him write spinoff shows when it would have been better to bring in fresh writers. 

Corday seems to get favorites and it takes A LOT to get him to wake up from it. Remember the Taniel years? 

• Love 5

Dear Ciara,

Get a ****ing job. And a purpose beyond Ben. And a better wardrobe. 

Signed,

Everybody 

This horrid couple is probably the main reason why the ratings collapsed under Carlivati's reign of terror. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I see today is another Ben angst about becoming a father day. Won't be watching any of that. Also up Stayla have lunch with Paulina and Abe (Why now?) and some Mardevil stuff. So no follow up to Xander arrest which is frankly the only thing I was interested in. Bleck

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

SoapDirt spoilers for next week. Looks like the possession story is moving faster than expected.

https://soapdirt.com/gabi-hernandez-targeted-days-of-our-lives-next-week-spoilers/

"Days of Our Lives updates hint that he asks Auntie Abigail Deveraux (Marci Miller) to star in the feature. Of course, Chad can’t believe his wife would consider starring in their nephew’s cinematic debut. Does she step up to the task? The movie man wants to deliver a scary, sexy biopic to the masses."

Johnny is going to have to put Auntie Abbey into something other than those Little House on the Prairie dresses that she's so fond of if he wants this movie to be sexy and scary.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

"Days of Our Lives updates hint that he asks Auntie Abigail Deveraux (Marci Miller) to star in the feature. Of course, Chad can’t believe his wife would consider starring in their nephew’s cinematic debut. Does she step up to the task? The movie man wants to deliver a scary, sexy biopic to the masses."

Johnny is going to have to put Auntie Abbey into something other than those Little House on the Prairie dresses that she's so fond of if he wants this movie to be sexy and scary.

This is when I wish Kate Mansi was playing Abigail.  NOT because I like her, oh no.  But just because she was so annoying, I'd love to see her adenoidal self have to walk around pretending to be Marlena in 80's bad fashion with a shoulder padded pants suit or two.  

Show wouldn't even need a laugh track.

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

This is when I wish Kate Mansi was playing Abigail.  NOT because I like her, oh no.  But just because she was so annoying, I'd love to see her adenoidal self have to walk around pretending to be Marlena in 80's bad fashion with a shoulder padded pants suit or two.  

Show wouldn't even need a laugh track.

Copied and pasted for TRUTH.

Girl seemed to play Abigail as possessed by evil demons all the damn time.

They really should have had Mansi play the wigged "Gabby" persona and arc. And definitely this as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

It’ll all be worth it if Johnny changes up Abby’s wardrobe a little. I wish the show's wardrobe was centered more on character tastes and less on actor tastes. I get whiplash from the two different Abby styles as Kate and Marci trade off the role.

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 8

Gwen sure is fertile.. at least Gwen messing with Xarah would be more interesting to me than her messing with Chad/Abby. At least Xander/Sarah are a lot more interesting to me in comparison(assuming LG is still Sarah) if its Adrienne Frantz as rumored I don't think it would work. I think Xarah was a hit because the actors had the chemistry to make it work.

• Love 2