Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

EJ had 90% of his body with third degree burns including his face, but everyone who has seen him has recognized him despite EJ being gone for years and most of these people never leaving Salem. So his face at least seems to be the same (even if it is a different actor

1 minute ago, Chellfairy said:

Lol 

just like when awful Philip recast Kyle Brandt left and Philip came back..bandages come off and magically it’s  JKJ ‘s face! Best  reveal ever, IMO!

Edited by Chellfairy
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

EJ had 90% of his body with third degree burns including his face, but everyone who has seen him has recognized him despite EJ being gone for years and most of these people never leaving Salem. So his face at least seems to be the same (even if it is a different actor).

And I was marvelling at how he has chest hair. So in addition to doing skin grafts to most of his body, they then did chest hair implants? 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bannana said:

And I was marvelling at how he has chest hair. So in addition to doing skin grafts to most of his body, they then did chest hair implants? 🙄

And yet even Dr. Rolf and his mad genius couldn't improve his personality.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm enjoying EJ. I think he's an important character to have on canvas. He immediately becomes the center of the Dimera family, for example. I think the new guy is capturing much of the old guy's manner and tone. I also think Allison Sweeny is selling the hell out of Sami's conflicting emotions.

PS: My completely unspoiled speculation is that a year from now EJ will be on canvas and Sami will not. (Which is too bad; I love her.) 

Edited by ajs1615
  • Love 6

Well I prefer EJ in general over Sami but not really sure if I like this version of EJ just yet either. 

I would like to see how he and Nicole interact I rather have a EJ/Nicole revisit than Nicole anywhere near Rafe. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

I'm enjoying EJ. I think he's an important character to have on canvas. He immediately becomes the center of the Dimera family, for example. I think the new guy is capturing much of the old guy's manner and tone. I also think Allison Sweeny is selling the hell out of Sami's conflicting emotions.

PS: My completely unspoiled speculation is that a year from now EJ will be on canvas and Sami will not. (Which is too bad; I love her.) 

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well I prefer EJ in general over Sami but not really sure if I like this version of EJ just yet either. 

I would like to see how he and Nicole interact I rather have a EJ/Nicole revisit than Nicole anywhere near Rafe. 

To be clear, I don't like EJ but I do enjoy him in that "love to hate him" sorta way.  I'm liking this new EJ more than I did James Scott because he seems to be even more of a duplicitious bastard.  He feels the most Dimera of the Dimeras - except for Tony.  Once upon a time, in a distant place and land, I used to like Chad, too.  Man does that feel like a long time ago.

Canaryfan98, I'm interested in seeing this EJ interact with Nicole, too.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

I think EJ is a necessary evil and would make more sense to fill the Stefano/villain role of the show than Steve having the essence of Stefano.  He's also young enough to keep it going for years(assuming Days lasts that long)

There's Orpheus who's not bad in the role but has had better days. 

• Love 6
On 7/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Abe, Eli, Theo. I think the show has trouble writing interesting black male characters. They're 0-3 currently.

Abe won last year's Emmy for Best Actor.

On 7/12/2021 at 8:02 PM, Frozendiva said:

Don't forget Jennifer's heart scar since her heart was removed? Salem has excellent plastic surgeons. Dr. Rolf can perform miracles!

Don't forget that Jennifer donated all of Jack's organs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, nilyank said:

EJ had 90% of his body with third degree burns including his face, but everyone who has seen him has recognized him despite EJ being gone for years and most of these people never leaving Salem. So his face at least seems to be the same (even if it is a different actor).

On OLTL, the actor who played Max Holden left the show, and they replaced him with a different actor, whom they explained because he had plastic surgery.  Then the original actor came back, and not  a word was mentioned about the plastic surgery.

• LOL 1
57 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Abe won last year's Emmy for Best Actor.

Do you know for what storyline? 

Also, giving a great performance is different from having an interesting character.

• Love 1

I knew it was coming....but I'm still upset 😧

What annoyingness. Reminds me of Will cheating on Sonny five minutes after their marriage. Why?? Who do all the couples I like get forced breakups?

How unoriginal, and many people had already guessed that the show would try to copy the Bo kidnaps Hope from her wedding to Larry with Ben/Ciara/Theo. Keep dreaming, show, Ben & Ciara are no Bo & Hope. 

Sucks that Nicole & Eric are over but it's the best thing for Nicole (and AZ) since GV does not want to commit to the show. Right now, I like both Nicole and Sami, so Nicole going scorched earth on Sami should be fun to watch. But Sami having to deal with EJ's wrath is a a lot scarier than Nicole dealing with Eric's tears and look of betrayal. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What an asshole. Are we really supposed to be thinking Ben is the big hero here? I think Cierra is a huge bitch but I fully support her not being married to a serial killer

217593987_1244870235967819_6235852141786470376_n.jpg

How romantic to kidnap a woman who lost her memory because she was kidnapped and imprisoned in a glass box less than a year ago.

What a prince of a guy.  Maybe he can tie her to a bed and set it on fire, if just a mere kidnapping doesn't do the trick.

Ben's a modern day Romeo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, boes said:

How romantic to kidnap a woman who lost her memory because she was kidnapped and imprisoned in a glass box less than a year ago.

What a prince of a guy.  Maybe he can tie her to a bed and set it on fire, if just a mere kidnapping doesn't do the trick.

Ben's a modern day Romeo.

Funny how Ben raged at Sami for making him re-strangle Will....and now he's re-kidnapping Ciara...after re-enacting his murder of Paige on her.

Okay, that last one was due to brainwashing but...still.

Ben, could you die please?

Love,

Everyone

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Keep dreaming, show, Ben & Ciara are no Bo & Hope.

This is both insulting and nauseating.

NO, Ron. NO.

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The play is a tragedy. Both ended up dead and not Salem-dead.

So all hope is not lost! It can still happen here, too!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Do you know for what storyline? 

Also, giving a great performance is different from having an interesting character.

Theo's shooting although I thought Casey Moss's standalone episode was good(Abe wasn't in it but the acting made this storyline a lot better than it was which was awful).

As for Eric/Nicole they really should've just had Eric presumed dead to free Nicole that would've been better than this. A Xander/Nicole hookup is pointless if nothing about their relationship is going to change. 

Sami is terrible but that's no surprise there its one thing to hate Nicole but I do hope someone brings up how she had no regard for Eric at all. I say this as someone who's not that moved over Eric's declarations of love when we know he's going to leave again and was willing to stay away as long as he did.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

How unoriginal, and many people had already guessed that the show would try to copy the Bo kidnaps Hope from her wedding to Larry with Ben/Ciara/Theo. Keep dreaming, show, Ben & Ciara are no Bo & Hope. 

Please send this to Ron because his dreadful Ben/Ciara will never compare to Bo and Hope. It is even offensive that I am putting them in the same sentence.  Ron has truly lost his mind if he really believes that they are comparable..

• Love 5

Oh screw you Ron! That promo tells me that not only are they copying the Bo/Hope kidnapping but they're going to redo having someone else under the veil. Back then it was Howie Hoffstetter and it was hilarious..if we see Ben riding Bo's bike with Holding Out For A Hero play I'm gonna riot!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Oh screw you Ron! That promo tells me that not only are they copying the Bo/Hope kidnapping but they're going to redo having someone else under the veil. Back then it was Howie Hoffstetter and it was hilarious..if we see Ben riding Bo's bike with Holding Out For A Hero play I'm gonna riot!

Like this show can afford the rights to that song at this point?

However this strangely doesn't bother me the show is so far gone from its original glory I'm pretty meh to everything at this point. When Days inevitably ends this will be long forgotten but Bo/Hope's moment will remain iconic. 

Also they clearly don't care about the optics in the 80s this would be considered romantic in 2021 and having it be a "reformed" serial killer is an entirely different story.

• Love 2

So it looks like Greg didn't film as many episodes as the insider declared.  It looks like his stay is going to be around a week total.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say that I didn't eat up some of the wedding interrupted stuff from the 80s.  But it's just not feeling romantic. And unless VK is sticking around, this is all pointless. 

• Love 8

They not only had a budget but they actually built up these moments to the point when these things happened it made the slow burn worth it. Plus characters weren't as one note as they are now.

Everything is so rushed and surface level not to mention forgettable. There's a reason why people still remember Bo busting up Hope/Larry's wedding decades later they made it worth it.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Well, damn. I was hoping EJ already knew and was playing her. The schmoopy act was real. I want dark EJ. 

I'm holding out the tiniest hope that EJ's anger in the promo is not because Sami cheated, but because he's pissed that Sami's dirty laundry/secret was aired in public. Thereby making him a cuckold in the eyes of family, friends, and enemies, and that's not the image he wants portrayed of himself. I know that's probably not what's happening, but I'm annoyed that EJ hasn't been playing Sami all this time. IMO, the actor was playing it like that.

14 hours ago, howmanywords said:

That promo tells me that not only are they copying the Bo/Hope kidnapping but they're going to redo having someone else under the veil. Back then it was Howie Hoffstetter and it was hilarious.

I suspect it's Claire under the veil. I assume Shawn is in on it too because how the hell would he not be able to tell that's not his sister but his daughter under the veil. I feel bad for Theo because he looks happy in the promo and now he's going to be humiliated in front of his family.

I can't stand Ciara & Ben and wish they would both leave once VK decides to take yet another break from the show. That way, CIN fans get their happily ever after and the haters (me) get them off our screens. It would be a win-win situation.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm holding out the tiniest hope that EJ's anger in the promo is not because Sami cheated, but because he's pissed that Sami's dirty laundry/secret was aired in public. Thereby making him a cuckold in the eyes of family, friends, and enemies, and that's not the image he wants portrayed of himself. I know that's probably not what's happening, but I'm annoyed that EJ hasn't been playing Sami all this time. IMO, the actor was playing it like that.

I like this so I will hold out hope, too!

• Love 2
On 7/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, RedElf said:

On OLTL, the actor who played Max Holden left the show, and they replaced him with a different actor, whom they explained because he had plastic surgery.  Then the original actor came back, and not  a word was mentioned about the plastic surgery.

Didn’t the same happen here, with Philip?

new guy came in, not a word about the drastic difference on looks(or personality) then BAM!! JKJ comes back with bandages on his whole face, only to reveal that he looks “different “ (war wounds? Can’t remember) and had surgery to look EXACTLY like he did before new actor replaced him . 🤪

🙄🤨😖

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I suspect it's Claire under the veil. I assume Shawn is in on it too because how the hell would he not be able to tell that's not his sister but his daughter under the veil. I feel bad for Theo because he looks happy in the promo and now he's going to be humiliated in front of his family.

I can't stand Ciara & Ben and wish they would both leave once VK decides to take yet another break from the show. That way, CIN fans get their happily ever after and the haters (me) get them off our screens. It would be a win-win situation.

Totally agree on all of this.

I know I haven’t been the best supporter of Theo, because he should have been smarter than falling for Ciara AGAIN, but damn..that’s harsh! He better flip his shit after veil reveal!! 

And yes, let CIN spin out onto the dark night..never to return. 

• Love 6

It's ridiculous that pretty much everyone in Salem is just so gaga over the stupid love story between a serial killer and Bo and Hope's daughter.  I half expect Ron to have Sami and Lucas show up and declare what a tragedy it is that poor, sweet Ben is separated from his wifey.  Seriously, why have Lumi not teamed up to murder this block of wood yet?

And why are people like Allie and Claire, who have also known Theo since childhood, participating in this kidnapping/bride switch thing which is going to be pretty damn humiliating for him.  Theo may be an idiot for wanting to marry Ciarra, but he's not forcing or coercing her in any way, so everyone acting like this is the end of the world is ludicrous.  Besides, everyone gets divorced at the drop of a hat in Salem, so if Ciarra recovers her memory she can divorce Theo and marry her beloved serial killer by the end of the week anyway.

Also, is the Ciarra actress still not wanting to be on contract? If so, what is the point of all this?

• Love 11

I'm like a broken record on this but I'm glad JJ is nowhere around as I feel like he would warn Theo not to do this despite Ciara being his cousin. 

That's probably why he's not around (well one of many reasons) he would be a voice of reason.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Then Abby comes home to living with single EJ?

Into it lol.

1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Also, is the Ciarra actress still not wanting to be on contract? If so, what is the point of all this?

Exactly. It's so ridiculous that they're allowing VK to just come and go as she pleases and letting that dictate stories. They need to just let RSW/Ben go imo if they're unwilling to move on from Ben/Ciara and/or unwilling to just recast instead of allowing VK to do whatever she wants. Neither of the actors or characters are worth this shit.

• Love 15

Tbh I think for CIN they would shell out extra money for music rights. They went above budget for their wedding (and the other weddings got bare bones shit) now they're apparently getting the Olympics cliffhanger. So yep I think they would spend $$

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Watching with mom again 

I told her how people talk badly about Phillips skin.  She said she studied every inch of his face and sees nothing wrong lol.  
   Last time she was her watching Kristin was in a mask pretending to be Nicole and with Brady.   That took a little explaining.  
She also said Sami is up to no good.  
    I don’t Like the character of EJ.  The only time I kind of liked him was when he was a race car driver.  This EJ seems so old and stuffy but also a little scary.   Belles love for him was strange.   Where they ever close ?

even though I know it’s coming I do feel sad about the end of Eric Nicole.   As probably the only fan of Eric I do feel sad that his sister does not care about his feelings.     

Whoops I posted in the wrong thread   I need to pay attention  I blame cin for this error  

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 9

I don't think the show handling the big wedding reveal is anything like Bo and Hope. Bo rescued Hope from a wedding she didn't want and she was in love with Bo. In this case, Ben is kidnapping - against her will - a woman who does NOT want to be with him. There is nothing heroic or similar at all.

And, I totally agree with everyone who is sick and tired of the show letting one single actress determine when she feels like being on the show and letting that dictate the whole story. But, since she is leaving again, maybe this time she will just go off on her own, once Ben lets her go free? I hope he decides to let her go rather than continue to "prove their love" by raping her to force her to remember?????

• Love 7

I don't really think Ciara wants this wedding as much as she wants to prove something to Ben and her family.  Theo's just blind and stupid for being in any of it. 

She's lying about remembering things even and purposely put this wedding on a date she says she doesn't remember to stick it to Ben. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Neither of the actors or characters are worth this shit.

No they're not. If CIN was bringing in viewers then maybe I'd understand why the show lets VK come & go as she pleases and keeps shoving Ben and their love story down our throats. But the show's ratings remain in the tank regardless of CIN, so all this bullshit CIN-is-the-greatest-love-story-Salem-has-seen-since-Bo&Hope is infuriating and ridiculous. When Kristian Alfonso didn't want to return to the show fulltime, they "killed" Hope so Bo could move on to other storylines and romantic partners. They didn't pull this crap of letting her waltz in and out of the show and making her the center of the show for a few weeks.  Also, RSW is a terrible actor so I don't understand why the show keeps him around since his character serves no purpose besides being attached to Ciara. Just ship them both off the canvas, please. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Into it lol.

Ditto. I'm curious, especially given the work Marci did before her maternity leave.  Plus, even though this new EJ hasn't quite clicked, I think it's because the actor is trying to figure out who his character is but I see for potential for it to click--unlike the Chad actor who seems so damn tired.

BTW, I don't think this EJ knows that Sami cheated.  I think the anger is related to him not suspecting.  Yes, the actor did seem to play an undercurrent of him knowing something but now I think it was just the actor giving himself some options.  Maybe it's because the show didn't quite decide. 

I don't blame VK for this mess.  I blame DOOL.  If they thought she were so valuable, they'd give her a stronger contract and more money.  I'm hoping they only did this because they weren't sure whether or not they were getting renewed.

Do we know for sure that she's leaving again?  Do we have an end date?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Do we know for sure that she's leaving again?  Do we have an end date?

Sorry, I don't remember where I read it, but, yes, she is leaving again. I read September, but I am not sure if she is leaving in September, or if that is when the shows will be, which have already been filmed. Either way, that still leaves her on the show for a while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

No they're not. If CIN was bringing in viewers then maybe I'd understand why the show lets VK come & go as she pleases and keeps shoving Ben and their love story down our throats. But the show's ratings remain in the tank regardless of CIN, so all this bullshit CIN-is-the-greatest-love-story-Salem-has-seen-since-Bo&Hope is infuriating and ridiculous. When Kristian Alfonso didn't want to return to the show fulltime, they "killed" Hope so Bo could move on to other storylines and romantic partners. They didn't pull this crap of letting her waltz in and out of the show and making her the center of the show for a few weeks.  Also, RSW is a terrible actor so I don't understand why the show keeps him around since his character serves no purpose besides being attached to Ciara. Just ship them both off the canvas, please. 

As lackluster as RSW is, I think Victoria Konefal is 10 times worse.  Some schmuck must have praised her once for her "spunk" or "delivery" or some such crap because she delivers every line in the same sneering overly loud, mouth curled in contempt, pretty much no matter who she's talking to while RSW acts like some psycho stalker and TIIC think Romance and Ratings!

I wish VK and RSW would open a potato stand on the Santa Monica Pier and just leave the rest of us the fcuk alone.

Because, Ben and Ciara, RSW and VK, 

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

No they're not. If CIN was bringing in viewers then maybe I'd understand why the show lets VK come & go as she pleases and keeps shoving Ben and their love story down our throats. But the show's ratings remain in the tank regardless of CIN ...

I agree that they obviously don't help the ratings (at this point, no one character/ship will), but they do likely bring in a lot of social media engagement and TPTB probably care about that since ratings are basically meaningless now. I still don't think they're worth all this though.

3 hours ago, boes said:

As lackluster as RSW is, I think Victoria Konefal is 10 times worse.  Some schmuck must have praised her once for her "spunk" or "delivery" or some such crap because she delivers every line in the same sneering overly loud, mouth curled in contempt, pretty much no matter who she's talking to while RSW acts like some psycho stalker

This. Just all of this.

• Love 4