Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A lot of people have that person that they like, find sexy, but they're just not passionately into. Maybe that's Lucas for Sami? He's cute, comfortable, a familiar face she loves. She just doesn't have the same intensity she had for EJ or maybe admire him the way she did Rafe. What they do have is the fact they go back so many years. She probably feels most safe having sex with him. 

I feel like acting like Sami has never wanted Lucas passionately (they broke the bed literally having sex) is rewriting - or ignoring - history. At one point before EJ, it appeared very much like Lumi were endgame (one of the many reasons) I will always hate EJami. There have been times she picked him first and that she was so desperate to keep him she did her usual Sami thing of lying and coming up with outrageous schemes. I think with Lucas she has the whole package - passion, comfort, friendship, etc…

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 9

I really hope this is leading to johnny finding out the truth about his conception.There's a spoiler the week after next that johnny gives Allie shocking news about something in will script.Of course that might just be the silly possession story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

I disagree. If Lucas is last on the list, why it is ALWAYS Lucas that Sami goes running to when she needs comfort, support...and yes, sex!

There's always a "safe choice" doesn't necessarily mean she wants him for the long haul. She has always been passionate about other men way more than Lucas to me(Austin and EJ come to mind). Plus they were friends first above all else. I think Lucas/Sami work as friends/parents but never anything more its totally one sided and Lucas always suffers for it. I wish the show let Lucas be with someone that actually wants him and only him. They had that in Sheryl but they got rid of her.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

There's always a "safe choice" doesn't necessarily mean she wants him for the long haul. She has always been passionate about other men way more than Lucas to me(Austin and EJ come to mind). Plus they were friends first above all else. I think Lucas/Sami work as friends/parents but never anything more its totally one sided and Lucas always suffers for it. I wish the show let Lucas be with someone that actually wants him and only him. They had that in Sheryl but they got rid of her.

They were friends, then they were flat out enemies, then they started to fall in love. Sami has been nuts about Lucas and wanted only him. I think they were engaged a few times and it always blew up because of something Sami did then she desperately tried to get him back. I’ve watched their wedding and you can’t convince me she didn’t love him completely at one point. It’s not always been one-sided. I think she’s been desperate for Austin, but IMO, that was never truly about loving him but wanting someone Carrie wanted.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They were friends, then they were flat out enemies, then they started to fall in love. Sami has been nuts about Lucas and wanted only him. I think they were engaged a few times and it always blew up because of something Sami did then she desperately tried to get him back.

I think that they have tried to get married three times. First time, Kate drugged Brandon and Sami the night before the wedding to make Lucas think that she cheated on him. Second time, Kate dressed up as Stan to prove that Sami was messing with everyone in Salem and then Lucas dumped her at the altar. The last time, Sami was happy and in love with Lucas and the wedding actually went through without her being left at the altar. Despite the secret of her maybe being pregnant with EJ's child, Lucas beleived Sami and not his mother when Kate tried once again to stop their wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They were friends, then they were flat out enemies, then they started to fall in love. Sami has been nuts about Lucas and wanted only him. I think they were engaged a few times and it always blew up because of something Sami did then she desperately tried to get him back. I’ve watched their wedding and you can’t convince me she didn’t love him completely at one point. It’s not always been one-sided. I think she’s been desperate for Austin, but IMO, that was never truly about loving him but wanting someone Carrie wanted.

I think when she married him she only wanted him but that was short lived after EJ came along after that I couldn't really buy her wanting Lucas over him. I say this as someone that doesn't even like Ejami at all.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

I disagree. If Lucas is last on the list, why it is ALWAYS Lucas that Sami goes running to when she needs comfort, support...and yes, sex!

Last on Sami’s list.

Lucas puts Sami first and unfortunately it’s not just because of their shared parentage. She always runs to Lucas because he does support and comfort her..and is easily pulled on to her scheming. He knows it and that’s sad 
However, I would think that Sami really does love Lucas and they make a great pair. 
But Sami has always felt herself better than Lucas, like she can do better, always chasing after who she thinks the higher class guys. I feel she finds him beneath her, when in reality, deep down, he is such a better person than she is..when it comes to support and love. 
I think they’d make a great couple, rounding each other out. Lucas not as dull, and Sami a little less crazy.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I feel like acting like Sami has never wanted Lucas passionately (they broke the bed literally having sex) is rewriting - or ignoring - history. At one point before EJ, it appeared very much like Lumi were endgame (one of the many reasons) I will always hate EJami. There have been times she picked him first and that she was so desperate to keep him she did her usual Sami thing of lying and coming up with outrageous schemes. I think with Lucas she has the whole package - passion, comfort, friendship, etc…

I was a kid back when their romance started and there were years I wasn't able to watch the show consistently. A lot of relationships have passion early on, but then fizzle at some point. I think most of us have either been in a situation or seen friends in a situation where they can have a good sex life with one person, but said person is still not the one. There's another person where the passion or another element is stronger.  Could that apply? I'm personally a big Lucas fan myself. I have been annoyed for years that a beloved cutie like Lucas hasn't had more luck in love. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A lot of relationships have passion early on, but then fizzle at some point. I think most of us have either been in a situation or seen friends in a situation where they can have a good sex life with one person, but said person is still not the one. There's another person where the passion or another element is stronger.  Could that apply?

There's also something about being addicted to the new relationship energy feeling.  The first few years of a relationship, when people are learning about one another, can feel extremely intense and like a high.  When that high starts to go away after a while, people might misinterpret that as falling out of love and seek that intense passion again. In reality, a relationship might have ebbs and flows of deep feelings of love while other times there are more subdued feelings of love. 

EJ being an ass can help fuel a more continuous passion since they're fighting and making up all the time. It's the allure of toxic relationships.  She's more likely to feel the lulls of domesticity with Lucas but ultimately, he's her best partner.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

There's also something about being addicted to the new relationship energy feeling.  The first few years of a relationship, when people are learning about one another, can feel extremely intense and like a high.  When that high starts to go away after a while, people might misinterpret that as falling out of love and seek that intense passion again. In reality, a relationship might have ebbs and flows of deep feelings of love while other times are more subdued feelings of love. 

EJ being an ass can help fuel a more continuous passion since they're fighting and making up all the time.  She's more likely to feel the lulls of domesticity with Lucas but ultimately, he's her best partner.

That's an excellent assessment! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think that they have tried to get married three times. First time, Kate drugged Brandon and Sami the night before the wedding to make Lucas think that she cheated on him. Second time, Kate dressed up as Stan to prove that Sami was messing with everyone in Salem and then Lucas dumped her at the altar. The last time, Sami was happy and in love with Lucas and the wedding actually went through without her being left at the altar. Despite the secret of her maybe being pregnant with EJ's child, Lucas beleived Sami and not his mother when Kate tried once again to stop their wedding.

And somewhere in there Lucas/Sami tried to elope only to find out that the marriage to Brandon that she thought hadn’t been valid was in fact legal. At that point Brandon had forgiven her for the Theo lie and wanted her back, and she chose Lucas without batting an eye. Not to mention the time after the Stan wedding when Sami refused to go through with marrying Austin— because she had secrets, yes, but also because she knew she wanted Lucas. (Sami pushed Carrie at Lucas not because Sami preferred Austin but because she thought Lucas would never forgive her for Stan but Austin would. Sami and Austin were brutally  honest with each other about being one another’s consolation prizes that time around. Then when Carrie/Lucas collapsed came the awesome scene where Lucas yelled that he wouldn’t know his soulmate if she was standing three feet in front of his face… as a heartbroken Sami stood tearfully three feet in front of his face.) 

The idea that Sami never chose, wanted, or pined for Lucas is a bit much. 

• Love 7

Marlena's possession was one of the reasons why I stopped watching back in the mid-90s; it felt too over the top campy for DAYS. I don't even know how the storyline was resolved because by then I had tuned out. So I'm not really looking forward to round 2, but since DAYS is pretty much just poorly-written campy crap now I think I can sit through it this time. I just hope it doesn't take over the show.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Ron on Twitter in response to a news outlet calling it a “fall episode:”

“Fall Episode”=major front burner storyline beginning this Friday… #days

🙄🤮

As much as I was hoping it would be a one-off that didn't seem likely given DH warned about a storyline that a lot of people wouldn't like. Why do that if was just going to be a one-off?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm guessing if Deidre warned us about it in advance that means she wasn't having much fun doing it....so the footage should be really excellent 🙄

At least in the 90s she seemed to be enjoying herself a bit.

...it's really dense of them to take their aging matriarch and put her into demon makeup and think she'd enjoy it. She barely seemed to tolerate the Hattie stuff...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Just saw the Fall Preview...

...so Doug is getting possessed right now (maybe) and that's why he's forgetting things! Ok. Less depressing than dementia.

Possessed Marlena gets to levitate again. Why they bothered I don't know - it looks like reused footage from the 1st time. No new twist? Meh.

Nicole gets banged by Rafe at BB (maybe) and asked out by EJ. Couldn't we have skipped the first one?

Cin trying to conceive should be the demon posession storyline. Rosemary's Baby! Who's with me?

Apparently Out Of Options Abe marries PITA Paulina, and Really? Roman throws himself at Kate for the bazillionth time. Philip gives Chloe presents and punches Brady, which is mine.

No sign of Ava or Kristen. Hm.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Finally someone is going to rescue Sarah.  And Zander just leaves Gwen in bed lol. 
oh and a Victor sighting.  
and Paulina totally should have asked Chanel to be her wedding. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Possessed Marlena gets to levitate again. Why they bothered I don't know - it looks like reused footage from the 1st time. No new twist? Meh.

How is it the same footage?  There are plenty of differences from the original levitation scene.  The bedroom, her pajamas, her foot positioning, and her hand right hand was clearly resting on her stomach in the original.  Why would they bother reusing old footage when it could be easily computer-generated with today’s technology?

Wow, EJ and Nicole.  I didn’t think they’d actually be smart enough to go there.  At least that’s one thing to look forward to.  I should probably stop reading this thread again.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

We don't know that.

I only meant in the staging of the levitation scene.

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why would they bother reusing old footage when it could be easily computer-generated with today’s technology?

LOL - I just meant they didn't even bother to restage it in some new exciting way...its the same angle and gimmick as it was in the 90s.

Ron really loves redoing iconic moments from the show....worse.

Hopefully this won't be terrible. Hopefully they find a new way to approach it.

Otherwise we might as well be watching Reilly reruns.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is that in the fall preview? I totally missed it lol.

After they show the Days of Our Lives logo, they show 2 clips. One of Xander telling Gwen that Sarah is trapped on an island and then a clip of Victor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, boes said:

No. NOnononono.

As horrid as Ron C. can be, he's a rank amateur when compared to Reilly.

While I think Reilly did long term damage to this show (which we're still suffering through). I think he was still a better writer than Ron sure he had a better budget to work with but he could write a payoff to a storyline.  I don't get that with Ron at all because either its resolved in a day or the drama is entirely neutered out of the storyline. He also had a better handle on romance and family drama as well. 

Reilly was the opposite in that regard. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Boes...so you think the show now is better than it was in Reilly's 90s heyday?

fd98b92114738d9ee9dd019e1c7410c5_w200.gi

No soap is.  Budgets...etc. ensured a better product back then even if I hated the product.

But no writer has destroyed the soap quite the way Reilly did. Is that a plus or minus in his column?  I think the argument could go either way in terms of impact. For me--a huge minus.

20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

After they show the Days of Our Lives logo, they show 2 clips. One of Xander telling Gwen that Sarah is trapped on an island and then a clip of Victor.

Ugh. It's going to be stupid.  It's not going to be a clever story of investigation.  No, it'll likely be happenstance. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

It'll be a chicken or egg situation.  She'll either be back first....or this will lead to her return.

The big question is whether or not the police will once again drop all charges in exchange for kidnapped Sarah's whereabouts 🙄

It's their only move after all.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I think Reilly did long term damage to this show (which we're still suffering through). I think he was still a better writer than Ron sure he had a better budget to work with but he could write a payoff to a storyline.  I don't get that with Ron at all because either its resolved in a day or the drama is entirely neutered out of the storyline. He also had a better handle on romance and family drama as well. 

Reilly was the opposite in that regard. 

45 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But no writer has destroyed the soap quite the way Reilly did. Is that a plus or minus in his column?  I think the argument could go either way in terms of impact. For me--a huge minus.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Both of your posts were on point.  The Reilly years were a nightmare and his influence was felt outside of Days of Our lives..

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I hope Xander doesn't find out about Sarah because Kristin is back.

I think Kirsten is back but with Stacey in the role.  I think they recast her daughter with Brady and I believe I read here that both SH and EM posed with her. 

• Love 3