Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Those devil spoilers do not sound promising at all nor does Johnny's stupid movie about it.

I hated the story the first time around and stopped watching this show because of it. I can get past a lot on soaps but I drew a line at a weather machine freezing Port Charles on GH, a clone on Guiding Light and demon and/or devil possession on Days. Yikes.

Also when did Abigail, Chad and Allie become actors?!? Why does Ciara need a baby so badly? Have they been married a year yet?!?

• Love 2

"John tries to convince Roman to finance Johnny's film." - Huh, I thought John didn't want Johnny to make the film, now he's encouraging it??

"EJ blindsides Chad and Abigail." - I get the feeling he'll be kicking them out of the mansion.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

"John tries to convince Roman to finance Johnny's film." - Huh, I thought John didn't want Johnny to make the film, now he's encouraging it??

I get the feeling that’s a typo. Should be “NOT to finance Johnny’s film.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Also when did Abigail, Chad and Allie become actors?!? 

Johnny doesn't want actors in his movie. He wants it to be 'real people.'

9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Yea, I also figured that was a typo/they forgot to put in the 'not.'

It would explain a lot but JER at least knew pacing and could give a payoff to storylines. 

I mean yeah there are a lot of things about the JER era I didn't care for but I felt he could write better family drama where the characters aren't completely cartoonish.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe he secretly wants them to look bad lol.

That would be a nice twist but that won't happen.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Rafael said:

Wouldnt mind if Lani turned out to be perhaps the daughter of Jonah Carver ,Abe's baby brother ..... 

While I don't care about Abe/Lani not being father/daughter(in fact I never wanted it in the first place even though compared to other retcons it made sense despite making Tamara an awful person in the process). I think it would've been better had she arrived into town as Theo's long lost daughter(Theo was Abe's brother who was killed by a corrupt cop that was dating Marlena at the time) who is trying to find her father. Then she finds out that her biological father died and Abe has a part of his brother that lives on in his life he would love as his own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It would explain a lot but JER at least knew pacing and could give a payoff to storylines. 

I mean yeah there are a lot of things about the JER era I didn't care for but I felt he could write better family drama where the characters aren't completely cartoonish.

JER would drag his stories at times and I hated his red herrings.  I remember a day that lasted for months.. It was weird seeing the actors with the same outfit for months on end.  

I will say that JER knew how to give you a payoff.  Carrie slapping the hell out of Sami at her aborted wedding to Austin and Susan's teeth flying out of her mouth when she was going to marry John as "Kristen" were iconic...lol

JER absolutely adored the Brady family, he once said that there is no such thing as  having too many Bradys on the show. He hinted that he wanted to bring back more legacy Bradys on the show.  Andrew Donovan was rumored to be on his way to the show but those plans were scrapped.  I  also remember reading that he wanted Eric to be gay but the network did not want Marlena's only son to be gay..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah, this 'plot before character integrity' approach is maddening. Kate faking blindness to hold onto....Jake, the bozo? And her feuding with Will's baby mama in the process...because...? Why?

Everyone in town should be saying "NO!" to this. But then, who the heck asks family to spend money on a movie all about said family's deepest secrets? Like.....really???

This is only happening because Ron thinks demon possession is as fun as brain chips and face masks. It has nothing to do with the characters. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Week of October 18th:

Victor works to get his nephews released.
Marlena conceals her glowing eyes from John.
Philip opens up to Kate about Chloe.
Steve searches for Kristen.

I was thinking today that Victor needs to end this mess.

Why Steve??? Leave her where she is 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Victor works to get his nephews released.

I love that it's nephews, meaning Victor still gives a damn about Xander. Yay!! 

Marlena conceals her glowing eyes from John.

LOL!

Steve searches for Kristen.

Barf!! Unless she's played by Eileen Davidson, let her stay gone, FFS. If Steve must find her, it better be on that mystery island with Sarah.

• Love 6
On 10/3/2021 at 11:45 PM, Rafael said:

Or better; He exposes Jake and reveals he is a fraud and a con artist and not a true DiMera

It was Ivan who claimed he was a DiMera, not Jake.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Steve and Kayla are given crumbs...only for Steve to search for the banshee? No, thanks.

I guess its too much to have them visit one of their kids. I saw SN post on his Twitter that he and MBE had lunch with Shelley Hennig(Stephanie) the other day and would like to see the Johnson kids come home.  Even he knows they need one of their actual kids for storylines on this show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously. Why must they ruin my fun with those two assholes?

The Steve Kayla visiting their daughter was the last post I saw.  Then this popped up and I was shocked 😂. Like what did I miss.  
Glad I scrolled up lol. 
   Maybe the little devil baby will kill Ciara ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Is Ron really that damn predictable?? You guys have been talking about CIN having a Rosemary's baby situation for a while now and that promo makes it seem like it could actually happen. The devil possessing Ben in order to impregnate Ciara with its own spawn is kinda funny (and sick). All this CIN baby talk just before Ben goes to talk to Marlena may have been setting the ground work for devil shenanigans. 

Rafe just go away, leave EJ and Nicole to smolder alone without you crying about feeling jealous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I feel like the Steve searching for Kristen ties in with the Jack finally realizing something was off with Sarah leaving once he wants to protect Gwen from Xander's influence 

I figured it was more for Sarah not that he actually cares either way about Kristen. Your theory makes sense as to why Steve would go through this trouble though. I hope we get Steve/Jack scenes out of this because their relationship is one  of the very few bright spots on this show.

• Love 6

I mean, I know my Xander is not the brightest bulb in the box but once he knew Kristen was out and impersonating both Susan and Kate you would think he would question who called him as Susan to tip him off about Sarah and Rex. And why does Maggie not seem to know or care?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I read an article in this week's TV guide that mentions ReRon saying that this demon story will go through the holidays (and I don't think he means Halloween) and that Ben and the baby play a big role. Surprise - not. I said months ago that this was going to end with Ben being the hero and everyone will forgive him.

ETA - and new levitation happens on Tuesday, the 12th! And, also that this year, even though Marlena is never included in the Horton family Christmas party, this year she goes!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3

I feel like the Steve searching for Kristen ties in with the Jack finally realizing something was off with Sarah leaving...

That would be a nice call back to that brief moment when Jack questioned Sarah's behavior, as well as allowing him to put his investigative reporter cap back on. And the brothers having any scenes together is always welcome.

...once he wants to protect Gwen from Xander's influence 

Ugh, of course, this part would be dumb. Jack, dear, Gwen is a 30-something year old woman with a known history of questionable behavior, not an innocent 13 year old girl with a crush on the local bad boy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm skipping next week. 100% possession and lame movie with a side of Chloe and her boring triangle. I want to see how Trask is treating the gang in jail.

Oh and also Cin and Rafe Ava Gabi Nicole and a bit of Lani and Paulina/Abe. Geez literally nothing I won't skip 

• Love 3
On 10/9/2021 at 9:06 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Why is CIN part of this Devil storyline? Can't I enjoy even part of it?

The goal is to have Ben emerge from this story as thee superhero  of the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

This isn't about positioning him as the superhero of the show.  He IS considered the superhero of the show.  Just like Bo, John and Steve routinely get/got stories where they got to play strong heroic men for their friends, family and women, that's exactly how they're writing Ben.

It's not about redemption or trying to get the audience on board.  They just assume we already are and are writing accordingly.  Many of us might not like it but he's not even getting "villain we tolerate" treatment.  He's getting full on "his bleep don't stink" treatment.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

This isn't about positioning him as the superhero of the show.  He IS considered the superhero of the show.  Just like Bo, John and Steve routinely get/got stories where they got to play strong heroic men for their friends, family and women, that's exactly how they're writing Ben.

It's not about redemption or trying to get the audience on board.  They just assume we already are and are writing accordingly.  Many of us might not like it but he's not even getting "villain we tolerate" treatment.  He's getting full on "his bleep don't stink" treatment.

Ben the superhero of Salem is why I watch the show less and less. I just like to read the board's hilarious and insightful commentary.. 

• Love 9

I think that most of Salem has forgiven him, but a lot of the viewers have not and still don't think that he belongs with Bo and Hope's legacy daughter.  And, then there is the other half, who believe that CIN walks on water already and are the perfect super couple. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think that most of Salem has forgiven him, but a lot of the viewers have not and still don't think that he belongs with Bo and Hope's legacy daughter.

I absolutely agree.  My point was that I don't think this is how the writers think.  They're not doing this for redemption.  They're doing it because they think everything is hunky dory with this being their leading romantic hero. 

So of course he needs to be involved with this possession story.

• Love 5
On 10/7/2021 at 4:56 PM, DisneyBoy said:

This is only happening because Ron thinks demon possession is as fun as brain chips and face masks. It has nothing to do with the characters. 

Or the viewers. All because of his massive ego and ability to do as he pleases.

• Love 3

Monday, October 18th:
Steve gets a surprising assignment.

Tuesday, October 19th:
John wonders if Marlena could be possessed.

Wednesday, October 20th:
Justin encourages Bonnie not to give up hope.

Thursday, October 21st:
Julie confronts Marlena, demanding she be allowed to see Doug. 

Friday, October 22nd:
Abe is rushed to the hospital.
Jake is taken into police custody.

• Love 3

The possession thing going on at least until Christmas is awful. Should have been an October thing wrapping up Halloween. I'll be skipping everything not Xander lol

Christmas?! Oh hell no! (Pardon the unintentional pun, but YUCK!)

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Christmas?! Oh hell no! (Pardon the unintentional pun, but YUCK!)

I wonder what - or who, will get hung on the Horton Christmas tree

• LOL 7