Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I speak, read and write fluent spanish, my husband same in english, however when we both started learning, we probably sounded ridiculous. I would never knock anyone, including Luis, for his english capabilities. He is trying and actually doing a decent job. The problem is the way English and Spanish are spoken is different. So he is translating things the way he speaks them in Spanish and it doesn't translate that way.

I don't like him, definitely don't trust him, but I won't make fun of him for his English and Olivia shouldn't either.

Had she heard her own mother speaking?? Child, before you make fun on ANYONE, you might wanna listen to dear old mom! 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

David Spain mentions Virginia a lot. First big post-green card fight he will run off to Virginia. 

Where the weather is warmer :/

And freezing rain/ice covered sidewalks and streets definitely don't exist.

And rent is less than $1200.

Alternate Reality Virginia is for Lovers ;)

• Love 17
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

Racist and xenophobic?? Really? Where are you getting that? Bc she doesn't like plantains? She's a biracial teenager growing up in South Bumbafuck, GA. She's got things to learn, but I wouldn't go that far as to call her those names...especially on a show where so many fully grown adults fetishize and objectify their SOs and relatives accuse them of embodying all manner of racist stereotypes.

She is getting some bad screen time. You can see the impact even in the comments here and overall the commenters are very sympathetic towards Olivia and her plight. She shouldn't even be on camera. Molly is an idiot for allowing this. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Lindy Dear said:

Andrei is clearly a bully and gives the impression he's capable of selling her into white slavery. Or if he stays i n the US and fulfills his aspiration to be a truck driver....what are the odds he'd be capable in any way of obeying any relevant US laws?

I disagree with this. I don’t see Andrei as a bully at all. His attitudes and the way he expresses himself are very much the way most people from the former Soviet Union express themselves, and the majority have similar views. It is not bullying, it’s just direct communication. I have my theories on why this is, but it doesn’t mean those people are bullies.  Attitudes toward women are different in that part of the world, but there’s also a chivalry among men that no longer exists in the West, for the most part.

I suspect driving is something he can do immediately and earn a fairly good wage. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm having a hard time understanding why David is considered the potential victim here.   He's a 26-year-old man who courted a girl just out of high school.   Despite knowing that Evelyn lives in small town America, and that she has close emotional and professional ties to her family and hometown, the first thing David did when he landed was to say he's taking her away.  Then, in cruel and calculated fashion, he set about alienating Evelyn from her friend, insulting Michaela and making her cry in the process.

I have no sympathy for any man that age who seeks a relationship with a teenager, or who tries to manipulate her.   He deserves all the grief he gets.

Yes, I agree completely! Evelyn is obnoxious and self-centered - but she's 18! And seems very sheltered. That does not make her a monster, it makes her an immature woman and again she's 18. I definitely question David's motives, but also her parents. They seem like nice people that care about their kids, why would they think this is a good idea? I get that it used to be common to marry that young, but Evelyn is obviously still quite immature. 

Something is off about David. He's a nice-looking guy, seems educated, etc., yet she's his first 'real' relationship?

• Love 11
20 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Nicole keeps saying "I want to talk.  I wish he would talk.  He should stay home and talk.  We need to talk."  Seriously talk the fuck about what??   

"Talk" is her code word for "I want him to sneak in here when no one is looking and have sex with me." He won't, because he did once and she announced it to the world. He spent the rest of her visit making sure they weren't alone together in any position where she could touch him sexually. One of the behind the scenes tweets from that producer who live tweets sometimes said that the last time she was there, they spent all day at an outdoor restaurant playing video games on their phones/tablets.

21 hours ago, Lemons said:

And I don't hear any one of the Americans attempting to learn the other person's language. Did I miss any of them?

There have been a few missionaries who spoke their partners' mother tongue, but they never showed it. Fernando, Chantal, and Wife Yamir were filmed speaking in their spouses language because their English wasn't as solid. On this show, everyone's English is good enough so the show probably tells them to speak it, helping to make these people look more ignorant than they are typically. Normally, I would appreciate extra reasons to roll my eyes at the idiots who sign up for this show, but this season is just too obvious and takes a lot of the snark value away for me. :poutsincorner:

11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I hope that when David Pour gets to the states, he'll quit saying each. word. individually. He talks like English is his second language in an almost Thai accent. It's annoying.

I noticed it earlier, but thought it might be from his stroke. He's such a crappy person in general, though, so no sympathy if it is from a medical reason.

10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get why "old" is suddenly "creepy."  I find Josh creepy and he's certainly not "old."  A woman can do WAY worse than old IMO.

It was two different statements; the men can be old and the men can be creepy. Not that old men are automatically creepy. Old would be relative, too. Josh is older than Aika but she is 36 so it's not really anything to make fun of, unlike Mark and Nikki where the age difference was the primary reason he was creepy, but then he added to it with his quirks like touching the windows. Having such a quirk isn't any big deal, but then he talked to her like she was a child, because he's creepy.

10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I will forever ask why none of the US people do anything to prepare for the overseas fiance?

Because when they do, Sharp makes them undo it. I'm sure Libby was ready to move into that apartment before Andrei's arrival, but was told not to so they could film them trying to put the bed together, etc.

In a previous season, Kyle had an apartment but for some reason, couldn't move in until the day after she arrived. He planned to stay in a hotel for that night, but production made him stay in the apartment with his nude roommate, so Noon could complain about lack of privacy. There was another couple where production asked that they play act the husband telling his wife to do this dishes while he sat and watched a basketball game. They said later that it was a few days after they arrived but was edited to look like they just walked in the door for the first time because they asked him to give her a tour so they could film it. He did not leave dishes in the sink for the several days he was gone to fly and travel with her, and they thought it was going to come off as funny. It didn't, he came off as an asshole. I'm drawing a blank on some others, but Sharp controls these type of things once the contract is signed. Too bad their writers suck.

10 hours ago, Boofish said:

If I see one more plus sized bride in a strapless mermaid dress .... I don't get why that's the go to style.  These bridal consultants seem lazy to me; they rarely offer any other options to anyone who is not sample size.

My sister is extra fluffy and when she looked at dresses, they were all strapless. Someone told her about a Jewish wedding dress shop that had dresses with sleeves, even for larger women, but since it wasn't a first marriage for either on them, she decided she wasn't going to spend that much. They actually ended up just going to the courthouse because neither one really cared about a wedding. 

Speaking of sucky writers, I don't believe that Josh didn't tell Aika about his vasectomy and yet, I'm sure there will be a fight about her being blindsided and deciding whether she wants to go home. I have a friend who has been on every dating app there is, I think, and there are questions about if you want more children, and he was telling someone about how he thinks he got more hits because of his vasectomy, since he tended to date women in his peer group who were also done having children. 

This episode also increased my belief that Elizabeth and Andrei have a much stronger past then the show is showing. She said something about Moldova that made me think she may have been there to visit his family. Maybe she just Skyped with them, but this couple has spent time together that wasn't just over the internet, and I don't believe her dad and brother were that clueless. One asked if it used to be part of the USSR, but we are to believe they had no idea anything about that region of the world. If they want to act like backwoods country bumpkins for this show, they're dumb and deserve the harsh comments, but it was a Sharp talking point.

Several past participants have discussed that they are asked to say and do things and they didn't come across like they expected, but there is no excuse for that now, after all the seasons of comments. I'm sure they just think that they will be different, like Olivia Evelyn, who considers it advertising for her music cureer (career). Elizabeth is overreacting to everything to shore up their inclusion on the next After season, and her family think they are helping.

Regarding Luis, no one was suggesting that he shouldn't have belted her in, just that he was invading her personal space by continuing to push her from the front, she kept asking him to push her from the back and not only did he not, he became a Grade-A asshole when she asked him to take her out. Molly not giving a damn that he oversteps with her kids is the exact problem people were suggesting at the beginning, and were accused of calling him a pedophile because of his race and nationality. He's a stranger without a context of parenthood and his behavior has been inappropriate several times, and the mother of these kids barely gives lip service to it, but definitely doesn't stop it. Olivia very clearly didn't want to film but Molly made her, even after she told her about the inappropriate conversation about sex. She then took her to lunch with them, where they acted immaturely and she asked them to stop. 

Edited by Christina
Corrected names.
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, sconstant said:

I thought it said "Livi" (for her older daughter) and looked to try to find a matching one for Kensley, but didn't.  So maybe i'm wrong.

You're absolutely correct! And Molly has other tattoos which I couldn't make out, so she might very well have a Kensley one, too. 

livi2.jpg

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I disagree with this. I don’t see Andrei as a bully at all. His attitudes and the way he expresses himself are very much the way most people from the former Soviet Union express themselves, and the majority have similar views. It is not bullying, it’s just direct communication. I have my theories on why this is, but it doesn’t mean those people are bullies.  Attitudes toward women are different in that part of the world, but there’s also a chivalry among men that no longer exists in the West, for the most part.

I suspect driving is something he can do immediately and earn a fairly good wage. 

Andrei seemed quite frustrated about being unable to work. I am still on the fence about him but he seems like the sort of alpha male that takes the role of provider very seriously. I picture him working several jobs if need be to support his wife and children, unlike most of these lazy folks.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, PityFree said:

I am giving Kensley a break about being a “brat” because I was very uncomfortable with the way Louis delayed letting her out of the swing just to mess with her. Also, I was very uncomfortable with where his hands were on the front of that swing - low and near her lower abdomen. 

That was a really uncomfortable moment to watch.

• Love 10

I can’t stand  to hear Elizabeth and Andreee “baby baby baby” ugh. I hate that term of endearment.

Babe is fine. Baby...nope.

Im sure someone said this but he reminds me of a Bond villain.  The big tall guy with the metal teeth...don’t know the characters name.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yes, it did look like an infant seat, but it was large for that.  I had far more bulk and security gear on it than even any infant seat I have ever seen.  

It is a swing for kids with special needs.  We have a park where i live that has several of these swings.  My son who has Down Syndrome and Autism is able to swing comfortably and safely in one of these.  He is 12. ?

I got the heebie-jeebies with him just standing in front... leeering her at her with this weird stare and his hand hovering near her crotch area... he is really creepy.

• Love 13

I just don't understand how someone can bring a foreign wife-to-be so unprepared like David Poor is.  And I don't understand how Annie could fall for this guy. I would think this show is totally scripted so it gets good ratings. I cant imagine people can be that stupid and desperate.

• Love 4

A whole lot of people are seeing what they want to see re: Luis and have invented an entire narrative where he is a crotch grabbing pedophile who plans to ditch Molly for her daughter Olivia.

That focus is why David Spain has flown completely under the radar.

Meanwhile, Andrei is a swell guy who isn't controlling, it's just that married women shouldn't go to clubs or be outside without a chaperone after dark.

I've lost count of the number of women participating in the show who need to have some form of violence directed at them for reasons.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't have any issues with May still being in diapers. But who is getting up in the middle of the night and changing a preschooler? At her age she should at least be in pull-ups and staying dry through the night, with minimal effort on the part of her mother and caregivers wrt potty training. But as @Lemons says, she is not having her basic needs met. She seems to be barely verbal-a child of almost three should have words and interact with her surroundings. May is just tied to that tablet and doesn't seem to speak unless its to greet a plate of fries with cries of glad recognition. 

I think everyone is being incredibly hard on May based on snippets of footage. If May is not yet 3, there has not yet been a delay in potty training yet. I think the un-pottytrained toddler shaming should be put to an end, because we all know some kids are more difficult to train than others, and again, at less than 3 is is no.big.deal. I suspect Nicole decided to wait until after the trip to Morocco to potty train so that Mae would do it in her familiar surroundings. Pull-ups are nothing but fancy diapers because a lot of tots cant tell the difference. We have seen her speak several times, using several words together, but the camera never focuses on her during conversations. Plus, she might be scared to be herself in front of the cameras. She seems lively and bright, from what we have seen. I suspect she does not have a mic attached to her and that may also be why we dont hear her much. 

• Love 7

I wonder if May wanted to eat "lunch" in the middle of the night because she's with Nicole, who isn't working on real time. If she sleeps until 2-3pm everyday & has May next to her napping (she may have just woken up there) then maybe between that, all the traveling, & no one to keep her on a regular day, her body is all confused.

Olivia comes off badly at times but she's young & seems neglected by her mom, which has probably been going on her whole life. Molly may have promised more time with her (NY trip etc) but then she got bumped again for her Mom's latest mistake.

Molly wanted more time for them together yet she sits her ass on the bench & lets nasty Luis deal with her 5 year old. I have to wonder if she ever shows interest in her children unless she gets a pedicure out of it.

I don't know if I can even watch Luis getting off at his party next week - at this point the guy is totally repulsive to me.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I think they are called LulaRoe? LOL IDK

IDK why so many are expressing such sympathy for Annie...the one screaming at him the other day for being 48 and having NOTHING. Her own father is about 48 and prbly has nothing. Yes, he has a home w/ no running water or AC in a poor village. Which Annie prbly paid for on her back.

No one is forcing her to leave Thailand. She says her family is poor. So by contrast, that means, there are ppl who are rich and middle class there, too. Thailand is not some hell everyone is desperately trying to escape from. There are many Thai women there who are living normal decent lives that do not involve whoring ugly, old, fat foreign men out of money. This is her choice (prompted heavily by her parents). It is what it is. Bc she cried when saying goodbye to her mother, now she is the hapless victim? IIRC, she cried when that slob of a fiancée told her he couldn't give her all the money she was trying to shake out of him, These women are pros. They are mail-order brides.

I believe that Annie comes from the poorest, most rural part of Thailand and that in Thailand it is very difficult to come up from poverty. What bewildered me was the attitude of Annie's mother, who was pretty open to having her daughter pimped out to a strange older foreigner  than herself most likely... who may or may not make Annie happy, but what only matters is that her marriage to him will provide a more comfortable life for herself and Annie's father. Just imagine that. 

• Love 3
On 11/19/2017 at 9:43 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Father and brother Elizabeth are acting like douchebags. She also needs t o get a real full time job not working for daddy. 

I have to wonder if she has bought shirts for Father Elizabeth and Andrei at any time in a color she likes. They wore matching colors for the meet up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Im sure someone said this but he reminds me of a Bond villain.  The big tall guy with the metal teeth...don’t know the characters name.

Yes, the character was aptly named "Jaws" and played by the late Richard Kiel. _77517139_kielrexfeatures.jpg

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

It won't, but don't worry. As a Canadian, and as someone who has traveled and lived internationally, I can tell you that the rest of the world knows that there are Americans, (the vast majority of American citizens), and then there are 'Muricans! and that there is a big difference between them. Of course, this show wouldn't exist if it weren't for the drama and stupidity of some of the 'Muricans! 

Thank you for that. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I believe that Annie comes from the poorest, most rural part of Thailand and that in Thailand it is very difficult to come up from poverty. What bewildered me was the attitude of Annie's mother, who was pretty open to having her daughter pimped out to a strange older foreigner  than herself most likely... who may or may not make Annie happy, but what only matters is that her marriage to him will provide a more comfortable life for herself and Annie's father. Just imagine that. 

I always hear Reba McIntyre's song Fancy in my head when I think of Annie saying good bye to her mother.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Matty said:

Nicole sleeps until 4:00 pm. Eats burgers and fries all day, every day. Hmmm, those are attractive qualities. The come hither look she gives Azan while sprawling on the bed looks like a beached whale waiting for the tiny seahorse. The size difference

I needed that laugh.  Hate to fat shame anyone cause im not so little anymore, but damn, thats a lotta woman to love.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

A whole lot of people are seeing what they want to see re: Luis and have invented an entire narrative where he is a crotch grabbing pedophile who plans to ditch Molly for her daughter Olivia.

Lol i hope they aren't reading this!

23 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I've lost count of the number of women participating in the show who need to have some form of violence directed at them for reasons.

What do you mean?

6 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I wonder how much the parents really are behind this mail order bride stuff?

But if Annie's so ambitious as to basically prostitute herself to these old American men, why isnt she ambitious enough to move to the big city w a few of her girl friends & like apply for office jobs? How would she not see that shaking these vile men down for money & gold, etc. In exchange for "love" is just a very seedy kind of life?

• Love 4
Just now, balisticnikki said:

I wonder how much the parents really are behind this mail order bride stuff?

But if Annie's so ambitious as to basically prostitute herself to these old American men, why isnt she ambitious enough to move to the big city w a few of her girl friends & like apply for office jobs? How would she not see that shaking these vile men down for money & gold, etc. In exchange for "love" is just a very seedy kind of life?

I honestly think that opportunites are very limited in Thailand. There are girls who come from more middle class backgrounds who go to university and are more prveliged but I believe there is some discrimination over there. I believe Annie belongs to an ethnic group that is prejudiced somewhat in Thailand by other Thais. ^Disclaimer: I am not Thai nor do I pretend to know more than the average. I simply took a 3 month trip htere once and got to explore it. 

8 hours ago, Granny58 said:

by the way, is Azan's haircut normal for his age group?  I think it looks stupid.  He has a nice face and then tops it with that. 

Yes, in Morocco. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Granny58 said:

by the way, is Azan's haircut normal for his age group?  I think it looks stupid.  He has a nice face and then tops it with that. 

It's horrible, isn't it?

He has afro hair & puts a relaxer in it to make it straight. The first season, the cut was just a regular high fade. This season he's trying to do that trendy style White yuppy guys wear now (think Fredric from New York Million Dollar Listing) but it doesn't work with Azan's hair.

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-20-23-26-01.png

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

No one has said that. Someone pointed out that she is moving a relative stranger, who as far as this show has said, she has seen TWICE before bringing him here, into her home with her young daughters. Others discussed the statistics of crimes against children being committed by the non-biological partner of their parent, and some of us think Luis behaves inappropriately toward these kids, because he is A STRANGER, not because he is obviously a pedophile. In my opinion, his behavior with both the sex talk to Olivia and his behavior toward Kensley about him being her father and when he was in her personal space and wouldn't take her out of the swing deserves comment and Molly has made it clear that she certainly isn't going to do it

4 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I think everyone is being incredibly hard on May based on snippets of footage. If May is not yet 3, there has not yet been a delay in potty training yet. I think the un-pottytrained toddler shaming should be put to an end, because we all know some kids are more difficult to train than others, and again, at less than 3 is is no.big.deal. I suspect Nicole decided to wait until after the trip to Morocco to potty train so that Mae would do it in her familiar surroundings. Pull-ups are nothing but fancy diapers because a lot of tots cant tell the difference. We have seen her speak several times, using several words together, but the camera never focuses on her during conversations. Plus, she might be scared to be herself in front of the cameras. She seems lively and bright, from what we have seen. I suspect she does not have a mic attached to her and that may also be why we dont hear her much. 

People aren't shaming May, the toddler, for not being potty trained but we sure as hell are shaming Nicole for sleeping all day and not trying to get her toddler on a schedule. It looks like someone thought she was old enough to no longer be in diapers and others were just commenting that she is not. I don't believe that Nicole will ever be the one to potty train her, or get her back on a sleep schedule when they return home, but hope she does and they film it, because that is a trainwreck waiting to happen as far as NICOLE is concerned. Poor May will get it together before her mom because she already seems smarter.

Things in this forum keep getting twisted and misconstrued so I've went back and reread several pages. It happens a lot for this show, and I think it is because we have such a diverse group of people commenting. The "Luis is a pedophile" happened in a prior week, and no one had called him a pedophile, just mentioned that the risk of him being one is increased and MOLLY was the one being shamed and ridiculed, for not trying to make the transition easier on her kids. It was pointed out that Olivia was closer in age so may have more in common, and that seemed to be largely in response to people saying Molly and Luis didn't seem to have anything in common, which has been said in every episode thread, because we still haven't seen anything. Asking why May is still in diapers was directed at the failure of Nicole, her biological parent (come now, she's not doing the heavy lifting as far as parenting goes), for not training her, not at the little girl for not being able to do it.

I doubt there will ever be an episode where Molly and Nicole won't be shamed for something, because they certainly aren't coming across well, and neither is Luis. If the behavior of Molly and Luis is at the direction of production, they should say, "Hell no!" when asked to do things that clearly make the kids uncomfortable. Nicole doesn't need to be directed to do something stupid because she does it all on her own and speaks without thinking.

Snarking on the people who sign up for this show, knowing how it is probably going to be edited, should be fun not irritating. I've mis-typed a few times, and not realized it until someone quoted it asking what I was saying. It's unlikely to improve anytime soon, since I'm in an MS flare and have trouble typing, spelling, thinking, concentrating...you know what? I have moonshine, that should fix all these problems. I don't have a problem explaining why I think Luis is inappropriate, but it doesn't seem like many people here are finding no fault with him, just don't think he should be being called a pedophile, when he hasn't. 

• Love 23

Elizabeth may pretend she hates it, but I think she really loves Andrei's he-man macho ways, otherwise she wouldnt bring it up so much. I think she likes to be submissive, because why else would she insist that Andrei must meet her father and brothers, rather than the whole family (sisters, mother)? Elizabeth is not Pakistani, Indian, Middle eastern, or seemingly belonging to any cultural group where you might have to specifically arrange a meeting between your beloved to be and your father and brothers. Just my two cents. Andrei however is definitely the man, he says what he thinks, very direct, no fakeness, which is going to work in his favor. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, AmyBre said:

All these freeloaders could work if they wanted to.  They could clean houses, babysit, do gardening, get a truck and help people move, work at Mom and Pop retail stores....or better yet, volunteer at the local library, volunteer at a food bank or kitchen.  Volunteer to read to the blind.  Even if your English is not perfect, your attention and companionship will mean the world to them.

They are just lazy, all the men and all the women, just living off TLC and their sponsors.  I hope they all get taken in divorce court.   

Some of the foreigners from this season ARE volunteering and doing the things that you mentioned. We've discussed this in their individual threads. As far as actually earning money, though (like working at a mom and pop retail store) if cash exchanges hands at all then that is a big no-no and considered "working under the table." That's one way to get your adjustment of status denied, if immigration found out. Some folks could very well be doing it but no way would we, or the rest of the general public, be made aware of it. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

What do you mean?

re:  

18 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:
48 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I feel like the poster means when we say "She (usually Nicole or Evelyn, tbh) needs to be slapped!" because it's been said, and while I know it's been said in snark, I would hope no one would actually act upon it if confronted with the person up close and personal.  

My guess, anyway.  Although if presented with the opportunity to let Nicole know what a tremendous waste of a cultural opportunity she had, I wouldn't slap her but I would LOVE to ask a few sternly worded questions.  Possibly some expletives involved. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Lemons said:

The Americans are really not coming off well, are they?  Redneck father and son letting the world know they have never heard of "madova". Then  when Andrei  tells them  Moldova is a small country near Ukraine, the father says "wasn't that part of the Soviet Union?" Showing off his Florida education!

Father Funny Lips & Brother Funny Lips need to get new writers for their scripts.

They both sat in that loud diner acting totally ignorant to the fact that Moldova even exists, especially outside of "the USSR", but then...

Elizabeth said she would have no problem living in Moldova, she thinks it's beautiful.  Father Funny Lips about chokes on his Blue Plate Special & says: "what do you know, you've only been there once or twice."

So, they obviously have heard of it.

I think there was a Naked and Afraid done on Moldova.

Re: Heavenly Evelyn & David Spain: that apartment was a dump! What the hell does she mean a "retro" kitchen?! It was filled with left over cheap appliances from the 1980's...That's not retro. 

And her music! I could not understand what she was singing. That producer or whatever he is thinks he's going to take her to the top?

Re: Mr Fake Ear Gauges & his Cheerleader...Cheerleader: run, do not walk, as far as you can from this guy! What the hell is some guy who cannot even afford to get his own place doing bringing another human over here to support when he can't even support himself...and she wants to bring another life into this world that he cannot support?

Same advice to the girl with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Float (MTDPF). You will never, ever live in a beautiful house like your fiance is freeloading in now.  Please, do not get too use to this. I don't know if the friend of MTDPF can afford to rent you guys a house that large.

I really felt that she thought coming over here would allow her the resources to support her parents. 

• Love 2
Just now, alegtostandon said:

Same advice to the girl with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Float (MTDPF). You will never, ever live in a beautiful house like your fiance is freeloading in now.  Please, do not get too use to this. I don't know if the friend of MTDPF can afford to rent you guys a house that large.

MTDPF.  I am *SLAYED*. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

• Love 2

The way Aika speaks makes her come across as super intelligent, like she definitely went to university in the Phillipines or something. She talks more like my OBGYN who is from the Phillipines than say, Jenny or Aya from previous seasons. The Barbie style makeup and tiny clothing throws me off, because she comes off to me as brainy. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

The way Aika speaks makes her come across as super intelligent, like she definitely went to university in the Phillipines or something. She talks more like my OBGYN who is from the Phillipines than say, Jenny or Aya from previous seasons. The Barbie style makeup and tiny clothing throws me off, because she comes off to me as brainy. 

Obgyn? Lol how?

But yes, i agree; her English is great & she sounds smart & educated.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Going from Chris and Nicky's house in LA (or LA adjacent) to a pull-out sofa in his daughter's apartment in Kentucky will be a rude awakening.

But maybe she will end up in Miami when she leaves Bahtman. I'm convinced this show owns a Melrose Place style apartment building for runaway cast members there.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tallulahbaby said:

I got the heebie-jeebies with him just standing in front... leeering her at her with this weird stare and his hand hovering near her crotch area... he is really creepy.

His hand hovering near her crotch?  That's a huge stretch. Didn't he have to

help this child into the seat?  Was he supposed to stay 5 feet away from her crotch area?

I don't think molly and Luis are going to work. If it was just them, maybe. But molly is expecting Luis to be a new father / babysitter and stay home in the boring suburbs. Luis likes the nightlife and isn't ready to give it up. Plus Luis doesn't really like the kids and he's having a hard time hiding it. Although the two kids aren't the most pleasant kids so who can blame him. 

• Love 10
On 11/19/2017 at 6:48 PM, Chickabiddy said:

I have to own it and say that I really like Andrei. He was sweet and complimentary  about their empty apartment when he arrived. He handled  Dumb  and Dumber with a lot of grace under pressure at the restaurant. He really seems to be in it for the girl, and only the girl. So far he gets my vote.

I'm still early in the episode but I agree. I like him at this point.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

Meanwhile, Andrei is a swell guy who isn't controlling, it's just that married women shouldn't go to clubs or be outside without a chaperone after dark.

I thought andrei said something about not wanting her out alone at 4 am after being in a club. Most men are scared to think of their wives getting hurt when out alone late at night. We aren't talking about the grocery store at 9 pm.   Plus this country is known around the world for its gun violence, so that is probably on his mind also. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

It looks like the type of swing kids who have developmental delays use.  My theory is that normally Kensley does not use that swing, but it was empty that day and she was curious as to what swinging in it felt like. She has probably seen kids in before and wondered about it.

I was just about to say this. I'm pretty sure it's a special needs swing. My son has autism and tends to move erratically, so to keep him from falling off the swing, the local playground installed one very similar to that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

Yes, people have. Someone even said he should be brought up on charges.

I was going to comment and agree with you. It might have been under last week's episode but there have definitely been comments about how Luis is basically biding his time until he can dump Molly and go for Olivia. Not to mention how she should keep her door locked at night, etc. I think the dude is coming off as creepy, and I was generally #TeamLuis in the beginning. But some of the insinuations sometimes go just a little too far for me. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Matias130 said:

Yes ITA. I would love to know more of her backstory. 

• Love 4

The more I watch of Nicole & Azan the more they remind me of my post-high school roommate and her now-ex husband. Gay ex-husband. Back during their engagement he pushed her to lose weight, which she did via Weight Watchers. She wasn't even that overweight, maybe 15-20 lbs. But he really bitched about it. They were married like 20 years or so, he had at least one affair with a man before they finally split. Could be Nicole and Azan's future? He acts and even looks a LOT like my friend's ex. It's freaky.

Also, Nicole and Molly are built the same - inverted triangles.

I like Andrei. When he smiles it looks really genuine. I don't understand Pink Lips' need to make him out to be this hot-headed potentially abusive asshole. 

• Love 9

One of the things that bother me about Elizabeth dad is that felt she should have gone to him for advice.

About what?  They are 2 adults who are perfectly able to make their own decisions good or bad.

Why would she anyway. All he did was tell her how much he was against this. Why would she listen to him.

The brother was incredibly disrespectful about Andrei’s country He’s a doofus

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

One of the things that bother me about Elizabeth dad is that felt she should have gone to him for advice.

About what?  They are 2 adults who are perfectly able to make their own decisions good or bad.

But Elizabeth has also put herself in the position of being dependent on her dad for the job. No doubt that helps when you want another extra-long vacation to visit the overseas boyfriend, but it leaves dad in a position of control that he wouldn’t have if he wasn’t her source of income. 

Step one should be getting a job away from dad and taking that power away from him. I think that would help her with independence and also with how’s she’s perceived in the family.  

• Love 6