Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

Have we actually seen anything to suggest he does have a temper or drinking problems?  Other than just Libby claiming he gets mad easily?  The way she describes him, I was expecting something awful.  But I don't think he's been awful at all.  He kept his cool just fine with those two jackasses Brother and Father Elizabeth.  I'm not sure I would have.

We've seen Elizabeth giggling about his "hot temper" but I think its bunk. Her asshole father has flown off the handle, raised his voice, and become combative every single time we've seen him. Andrei hasn't. I think Elizabeth thinks of her Andrei as a "bad boy", and she gets to be his moll.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Her mom did. Nicole met a guy online, wouldn't listen to her mother and packed up and went to Texas (I think) to be with her true love. Things didn't work out and she came home pregnant. 

Thank you!  I never heard that story!

49 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And 60 would only give her reduced benefits.  Plus, she has to stay married to him for a year before she qualifies to collect as his widow.  If they divorce, she can't draw SS unless she was married to him for 10 years.  

What are the odds that Annie has Googled, "Social Security Spousal Death Benefits."  I'd say about 98%.  I'd put her Googling "Untraceable Poisons" at about 80%.   :)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

And 60 would only give her reduced benefits.  Plus, she has to stay married to him for a year before she qualifies to collect as his widow.  If they divorce, she can't draw SS unless she was married to him for 10 years.  

But if they have a child, she doesn’t have to wait for age 60. She’d receive survivor benefit and the child’s.  Very comfortable life back in Thailand.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou2.html

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Do we know for sure Molly/Luis and Evilen/David Spain actually got married this summer? I couldn't find any wedding announcements, but something tells me that might be prohibited by the TLC contract.

The upside of Molly/Luis is that she's less likely (but it's still possible) to get preggers now, so if it all falls apart, less lasting damage. It's going to be an uncomfortable senior (I'm assuming) year for Olivia, but she seems very bright and self-protective, so I think she will survive. Downside there is that she may feel very responsible for the younger sister, and what 17-y-o needs that?

I would assume that if Evilyn is biologically able to get pregnant, it will happen quickly; then that gets complicated. I  wonder what the fascination with Virginia is; once outside of the DC suburbs, it's honestly not that different from NH and it still gets very cold, although it's also beautiful state with nice people. But still mostly rural with few international corporations outside of tobacco and textiles. There are many much warmer places where someone into international affairs like David Spain could work...universities, nonprofit think tanks, major corporations. I'm assuming there is Someone in VIrginia more interesting (maybe married)?. Atlanta, RDU/Charlotte, Houston/Dallas, or even colleges with respected international business schools where he could pick up work (LIke U of S. Carolina) seem more logical choices, and the cost of living much less. There are a wealth of recording studios in all these places (except maybe USC). I spent Jan-Mar in NH one year, and it was grim and lonely.

22 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

What are the odds that Annie has Googled, "Social Security Spousal Death Benefits."  I'd say about 98%.  I'd put her Googling "Untraceable Poisons" at about 80%.   :)

Can't she just bake enough sweets to put him into a diabetic sugar coma?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

But if they have a child, she doesn’t have to wait for age 60. She’d receive survivor benefit and the child’s.  Very comfortable life back in Thailand.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou2.html

True - but David doesn't strike me as the studliest guy in the world.  Didn't he say they were "trying every night" for a baby?  That could mean a LOT of things from an overweight diabetic who is probably on lots of medications that could impact his ability.  Maybe Chris would offer to help them out with the conception problem.  We know he's not shooting blanks.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

True - but David doesn't strike me as the studliest guy in the world.  Didn't he say they were "trying every night" for a baby?  That could mean a LOT of things from an overweight diabetic who is probably on lots of medications that could impact his ability.  Maybe Chris would offer to help them out with the conception problem.  We know he's not shooting blanks.

And they wouldn't even have to hide the baby's face later on. 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Saltgypsie said:

Thank you!  I never heard that story!

Welcome!  Her mom went into it last season when Nicole was having a hissy fit because her mom wasn't on board with the whole thing. She pointed out to Nicole that the last time she found her true love online, she wouldn't listen to reason and wound up stuck in Texas alone and pregnant and her mom had to rescue her and get her home.  I think the biggest reason she was pushing so hard for him to ask his Aunt if they could share a room is because she's determined to get pregnant again. I'm not familiar enough with Azan's culture to know what the ramifications of getting a girl pregnant without being married would be. But, I suspect it wouldn't be good.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Annie, Azan, Luis are all a bit quite and submissive because the NEED to live in the U.S. They left nothing and have nothing to go back to; Azan and Luis come across as lazy users.

I don't know abut Annie, but Luis had a job he enjoyed, a beautiful beach location to live in and a family he loves.  Azan also has a culture that is important to him and a close family he loves.  They don't NEED the United States.  I would guess Luis was curious about it but he should have saved some money and vacationed here first.  Based on Azan's conversation with his friend, he understands that there is prejudice against Muslims here, and Florida?  Yikes.  So, no, they don't need the US.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Great idea.  Nothing illegal, and David Poor seems to be only 2 or 3 Twinkies away from the grave.  Of course, if he survives but stays in the coma, Annie might get stuck with his medical bills.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Annie could just let her diabetic husband drink to his death. No matter what, its going to be a tough road for Annie. I feel for her. She has been given a choice of staying in Thailand and remain a poor farm/bar/ prostitute girl or marrying this destitute guy and hoping for the best. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

I  wonder what the fascination with Virginia is; once outside of the DC suburbs, it's honestly not that different from NH and it still gets very cold, although it's also beautiful state with nice people.

What — or who?

Maybe that’s the scam (I say with no evidence whatsoever).

I’m not surprised May’s still in diapers. Seems age appropriate. 

I do feel bad for her getting dragged around to meet 55% daddy. As has been noted, wouldn’t be surprised if her most consistent parenting is back in FL. Even if that weren’t the case, she’s a toddler who’s been transported to unfamiliar surroundings. I feel sorry for the kid. Whoever posted about her lacking enrichment and exercise (2 diff posts) are possibly both correct. On top of that, there’s some strange guy she keeps calling daddy. What happens when he’s out of the picture?

• Love 2

Another thing I don't understand about this Thai culture. Why it is required to buy 11 Baht of gold ($6,800.00) to your fiancée when 95% of the people in this country are broke as dirt??

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I don't know abut Annie, but Luis had a job he enjoyed, a beautiful beach location to live in and a family he loves.  Azan also has a culture that is important to him and a close family he loves.  They don't NEED the United States.  I would guess Luis was curious about it but he should have saved some money and vacationed here first.  Based on Azan's conversation with his friend, he understands that there is prejudice against Muslims here, and Florida?  Yikes.  So, no, they don't need the US.

Just a different perspective I suppose. I don't see that at all especially regarding Luis. They are willing to sacrifice all that for Molly and Nicole? They are selling it but I'm not buying it .. 

First, I want some of whatever Evelyn is smoking.  Yes, New England tends to have a higher cost of living versus other, non-metropolitan areas, but $1200 for a first apartment, in nowhere NH,  is insane.  I did a two minute Google search and found several places, in Claremont, for considerably less.  And honey, it's Claremont, I think every place is probably going to be within 10 minutes of your parents.  PS actual professional music producers have studios.  With sound proofing, not country cottage wallpaper borders.

Team Andrei!  He's the first foreign fiance to EVER mention bringing savings with him and to have an actual plan for what he wants to do for work when he's able.  He's not a bully, he's not abusive, he hasn't shown an anger issue...  He just doesn't suffer fools and speaks directly.

Aika's ring is an "heirloom" like Evelyn's kitchen was "vintage".  Josh flat out said it was a 50 year old ring from his mom, that he already gave to "the woman he loves" once.  No reason at all not to get a new ring.  It's not a family ring that was smuggled out of Europe during the war, it was a new ring given to Josh's mom.

Annie is on her own as far as I'm concerned.  She doesn't deserve saving.  She came into it with eyes wide open.  And here's where I give Bahtman full credit.  He has been totally honest with Annie from the word go.  She knows he has nothing.  She still stayed.

I really liked Friend Azan.  He seemed to be a very reasonable guy, and pointed out that the man stepping up isn't unique to Nicole or to America.  And I will defend Azan on something.  Calling Nicole lazy is not fat shaming.  She is lazy.  And he's never said that he wants her skinny, just fit.  You can be big and fit too.  And I say this as a fat girl.  Oh, and to the person who said she had a nice face, no, no she doesn't.  In the thread for the last episode someone awesome posted a pic of the couples with their faces swapped.  Nicole's looked like the face of an infant.

• Love 12
On 11/19/2017 at 10:19 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

What is with the Dinyell and Nicole not being able to pronounce words?  So Nicole is "fusstrated".  Good gravy.  (NO NICOLE, THERE IS NO ACTUAL GRAVY HERE.  I agree, gravy IS good but it's not about that right now)

I can't STAND when people say that! And there are a lot of them out there that have no idea that there is an "R" in fRustrated!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Team Andrei!  He's the first foreign fiance to EVER mention bringing savings with him and to have an actual plan for what he wants to do for work when he's able.  He's not a bully, he's not abusive, he hasn't shown an anger issue...  He just doesn't suffer fools and speaks directly.

I'm glad he has savings and a plan for employment, I am especially glad that a modeling career was not manufactured for him, lol...I'm just not seeing the hotness everyone else is seeing, sorry.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, BeachyWave said:

Do we know for sure Molly/Luis and Evilen/David Spain actually got married this summer?

I think there are articles about this on Starcasm, and comments about their statuses on their individual forums, but this forum is spoiler free. 

• Love 3
On 11/19/2017 at 10:45 PM, Nowhere said:

Wow. That little brat Kensly is disrespectful as hell. And now we know why Luis told her he was going to be her father. Molly is telling him her kids need a dad! We can't blame Luis for telling the kid he would be her father if he thought that's what she wanted and needed. THAT is all Molly's fault. 

Olivia is acting kind of jealous now. I do understand the weirdness of him moving in without knowing him. Don't get me wrong. She has every right to be hurt and she can't help her feelings. Molly obviously loves the kids but she has a right to find love with a man as well. We moms are human too. 

And then Molly said, "I'm a wild and crazy girl", in her best Bobby Hill voice. I hate it when women refer to themselves as girls. Bitch, you own a business and pay bills. You've raised children. You're not a wild and crazy girl. You're a grown ass woman. Act like it.

Azan is very nice and supportive at the gym. There's nothing wrong with wanting your wife to be healthy. The only rude thing he says is that she's lazy. Besides the threat to not go to America. But overall he seems very nice about it. And Nicole is working hard so good for her. She will thank him later. 

"But are you attracted to me no matter what?" Once again Azan fails at lying. "Yeah, exactly," he says as he stares off wishing he was a bird so he could fly far. Far far away from here. 

Thanks for saying this. I've thought Kensley was a brat from the beginning (she has absolutely  no manners and is probably babied because her mom feels guilty that she's not home with her, which is how she can get away with her brattiness). Note: I work, so I'm not bashing working moms. Just Molly.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Snewtsie said:

Hey Azan, when you're 55% attracted to someone that means you're not attracted.

Well, he's SLIGHTLY more attracted to her than he's not! But like I said before, I think her approval rating is going down in the polls. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Annie is on her own as far as I'm concerned.  She doesn't deserve saving.  She came into it with eyes wide open.  And here's where I give Bahtman full credit.  He has been totally honest with Annie from the word go.  She knows he has nothing.  She still stayed.

Yeah, I really hope she is just using him for the green card so she can find a job and dump his sorry butt. But who knows, maybe she is really in love with him and wants his babies. (Scary thing I know).

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Gigglepuff said:

I have to admit that i'm starting to change my mind about Elizabeth and Andrii. I liked the way she stood up to her father and brother about Moldova. Andrii is alpha, (not my type), but he doesn't seem near as controlling as I thought he'd be. Maybe these two can actually make it?? 

Elizabeth needs to find a full time job or at least a part time one to supplement the one she has with her Dad.  The thing is she should have thought about this a LONG time ago before Andrei came over.  She knows he won't be able to work for a long time.  And it isn't really fair for Father Elizabeth to be already complaining about her supporting Andrei when he can't work.  Andrei really does seem like the type who wants to work, kind of like Alexi from last season.  The best thing Elizabeth could do is to find a independent job to where Father Elizabeth doesn't keep bringing up that HE is supporting everyone.

Luis is already bored?? Uh-Oh.

Annie mentioned something about David Poor eventually "supporting her parents".  Seriously?  She will be lucky if they can ever move out of his friend's house (whose wife is not happy about it at ALL).  He should never have started this "adventure" without a solid job. It really isn't fair to her.  Feel sorry for her.  She really does seem sweet.

• Love 6

I hate to say this...but Nicole is just totally worthless.  What kind of lazy-a$$ mother of a toddler sleeps until 3 or 4 in the afternoon?  I mean, unless she's dealing with some undisclosed illness that would make her sleep alot.  I've read some posts that suggest she has low self esteem.  I think her self esteem is pretty high. In fact, I think she's delusional.  And immature.  Again, that poor little girl (May).   That's not to say that she (Nicole) couldn't mature.  She probably will, in time.  But what an absolute slob.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Elizabeth needs to find a full time job or at least a part time one to supplement the one she has with her Dad.  The thing is she should have thought about this a LONG time ago before Andrei came over. 

Check their thread on this forum for details.  

• Love 3
On 11/20/2017 at 9:55 AM, PityFree said:

I am giving Kensley a break about being a “brat” because I was very uncomfortable with the way Louis delayed letting her out of the swing just to mess with her. Also, I was very uncomfortable with where his hands were on the front of that swing - low and near her lower abdomen.  He had to be an ass and swing from the side just to piss her off. If I were Kensley, I would be just as much of a “brat.”

My  instincts tell me that Louis should not be left alone with Kensley. Not because I think he’ll molest her, but because  he’ll spend the day taunting her and poking at her just to make her mad. some people like to mess with people like that and Louis seems to be one of those people. 

The things you say about Luis may be true.  

As far as Kensley goes, you don't learn to be a brat that like that 5 seconds (even if Luis did deserve it).   She's been a brat for probably most of her life.   That is most probably due to her mom. I'm sure her mom tells her that her attitude is cute.  (Again, take the interactions with Luis out of it).  I have young kids -- girls.  I would be embarrassed if they acted like that child (attitude wise).  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

Atlanta, RDU/Charlotte, Houston/Dallas, or even colleges with respected international business schools where he could pick up work (LIke U of S. Carolina) seem more logical choices, and the cost of living much less. There are a wealth of recording studios in all these places (except maybe USC). I spent Jan-Mar in NH one year, and it was grim and lonely.

Oh, do I know whereof you speak. My family lived part-time in NH (half an hour from Claremont) when I was about 14 to 30, and I took the jump and lived and worked there FT alone (also 1/2 hour from Claremont, in a different direction) from ages 22 to 24, when I just couldn't take it anymore. And I love winter, nature, skiing, etc. It's a LONG winter (snow can fly from October to May), it was isolated, it was physically demanding, and it was lonely. Socially it was built around nuclear families and/or people who had lived there a LONG time, and who were uninterested in, and  often even outright rude to,"flatlanders" (new arrivals).  I lived for a year or so in an old converted house just like the place Evelyn looked at but smaller, then I moved into another one. They were rundown, creaky, paper-thin-walled, drafty, and expensive, including from heating bills. I think that agent was rude and a poor saleswoman to not show up, but maybe she was embarrassed by $1200 for Claremont and shabby/unrenovated. I think D and E should move in for Year 1 with her parents and map out a (realistic) plan for Year 2. Seriously, by 1 year he may run screaming out of there. David will not find a job in his field, and Evil-yn may have to work FT and if she can find anything it will not pay well. Evilyn needs to learn that if their budget for a place is a $800-900 dollars with everything, you don't even look at $1200 plus electric (and if it's electric heat, OMG even worse). You ask the price first and you don't look at, e.g., $5 pieces of cake for 150 people. 

As far as Elizabeth "setting up" Andrei to look bad, I try to remember that the show is heavily and selectively edited, and I tend to pay attention to people like Elizabeth and Annie (when talking, e.g.,  about Andrei's temper and David Pour's drinking) who have gotten to know their SOs better than I "know" them.

BTW Andrei makes me remember the USSR-type guys on "Seinfeld": the "free" cable installers; Yuri Testekov, who threw Elaine's organizer out the window in a tantrum; and the guy from Ukraine on the subway who smashed the RISK game.  

Edited by Tuneful
Glad I'm not there anymore
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Have we actually seen anything to suggest he does have a temper or drinking problems?  Other than just Libby claiming he gets mad easily?  The way she describes him, I was expecting something awful.  But I don't think he's been awful at all.  He kept his cool just fine with those two jackasses Brother and Father Elizabeth.  I'm not sure I would have.

I agree with you. Based on Elizabeth's description on Andrrrrrei I was expecting a rude, pushy, abusive neanderthal. Yet, the Andrrrrei that I have seen seems like a really nice guy. He's serious and straightforward and takes no bullshit, but doesnt seem controlling. The club thing doesn't bother me at all. He never said Elizabeth couldnt go out with her girlfriends, she said that. Also, I haven't seen him have a bad temper. If he did, then he would have blown up at her dad and brother and instead he was calm and never even raised his voice. She is setting him up to look bad, and that makes her look worse in my opinion.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Oh, do I know whereof you speak. My family lived part-time in NH (half an hour from Claremont) when I was about 14 to 30, and I took the jump and lived and worked there FT alone (also 1/2 hour from Claremont, in a different direction) from ages 22 to 24, when I just couldn't take it anymore. And I love winter, nature, skiing, etc. It's a LONG winter (snow can fly from October to May), it was isolated, it was physically demanding, and it was lonely. Socially it was built around nuclear families and/or people who had lived there a LONG time, and who were uninterested in, and  often even outright rude to ,"flatlanders" (new arrivals).  I lived for a year or so in an old converted house just like the place Evelyn looked at but smaller, then I moved into another one. They were rundown, creaky, paper-thin-walled, drafty, and expensive, including from heating bills. I think David Es-spain and Evilyn should suck it up, move in for Year 1 with her parents, and map out a realistic plan for Year 2. Seriously, by 1 year he may run screaming out of there. David will not find a job in his field, and Evil-yn may have to work FT and if she can find anything it will not pay well. Finally, I live in the DC area and as other people have said they would need to compete against very well-educated and experienced professionals to find jobs here, and housing is very high. $1200 might get you a studio in the DC burbs, not close to the subway, and to pay that plus electric for Claremont is ridiculous. Evilyn needs to learn that if their budget for housing is a $800-900 dollars with everything, you don't even look at $1200 plus electric (and OMG if it's electric heat, even worse). You don't look at $5 pieces of cake for 150 people. Etc. 

As far as Elizabeth "setting up" Andrei to look bad, I remember that the show is heavily and selectively edited, and I tend to pay attention to people like Elizabeth and Annie (when talking about Andrei's temper and David Pour's drinking) who have gotten to know their SOs better than we "know" them, and know their family of origin well. 

That's true, Elizabeth and Annie have seen things we haven't.  David probably does drink too much, I mean his life sucks, he probably uses alcohol to forget that fact.  And Andrei is probably quicker to get angry than others, but Elizabeth has accepted it so I don't imagine that it's abusive.  

And I wonder if Elizabeth would compromise and think of Boston as a place for them to live.  She can get back to her see parents every weekend because it's so close.  But it's a city with a lot more opportunities than rural New Hampshire.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Lemons said:

And I wonder if Elizabeth would compromise and think of Boston as a place for them to live.  She can get back to her see parents every weekend because it's so close.  But it's a city with a lot more opportunities than rural New Hampshire.  

Good notion but my old hometown is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. and has at least three music colleges/conservatories as well as pros who really have "chops." He can't work for awhile, and she has no college and little experience.  Recipe for disaster if someone else isn't paying. The winters are almost as long in Boston and depending on how close to the coast you are, it is a damp or wet cold most of the time. At least that part of NH Is a drier cold. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
On 11/20/2017 at 4:52 PM, mamadrama said:

I am a BIG fan of a lot of the Eastern European countries. I've spent quite a bit of time in Moldova, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Hungary, Czech. Slovakia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. I actually really appreciate the quality of life that still exists there and I have yet to find friendlier, more spirited, people than I have found in Bosnia. (I hate to generalize like that, and Bosnia has its fair share of assholes as well, but as a whole it's the most welcoming country I've visited.) If Libby could create an online business that wasn't location important, and generate a fair amount of income from it, they could have a good life in Moldova. My husband and I would love to spend a few years in Bulgaria or Hungary. It used to be Czech but it's becoming more "Americanized" by the day. So yay to Libby for saying she'd go. I dig it. 

I believe he is really 48. Sometimes when overweight people lose a LOT of weight like that, it ages them drastically. My mom had gastric bypass surgery and she aged about 15 years in a matter of months, as the weight dropped off. You can see that in his "bigger" pictures, he looks younger. 

I think you're right -- I've seen lots of pictures of people who've lost a lot of weight (like, 75+ lbs) and in every instance, except one, they all looked older, and haggard.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Good notion but my old hometown is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. He can't work for awhile, and she has no college and little experience.  Recipe for disaster if someone else isn't paying. The winters are almost as long in Boston and depending on how close to the coast you are, it is a damp or wet cold most of the time. At least that part of NH Is a drier cold. 

They would have to live outside Boston, but there's public transportation to get places.   And winters don't seem to be so long anymore.  It's still in the 60's with December around the corner, no snow yet.  She's used to it anyway. 

I just don't see her moving down south or anywhere warm.  

35 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Oh, do I know whereof you speak. My family lived part-time in NH (half an hour from Claremont) when I was about 14 to 30, and I took the jump and lived and worked there FT alone (also 1/2 hour from Claremont, in a different direction) from ages 22 to 24, when I just couldn't take it anymore. And I love winter, nature, skiing, etc. It's a LONG winter (snow can fly from October to May), it was isolated, it was physically demanding, and it was lonely. Socially it was built around nuclear families and/or people who had lived there a LONG time, and who were uninterested in, and  often even outright rude to,"flatlanders" (new arrivals).

Wow the stuff you learn on P.tv. I always imagined New Hampshire  being as flat as a pancake...guess not.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BeachyWave said:

David Spain keeps saying he wants to move to Virginia.

If I remember correctly, David Spain mentioned that he had friends who lived in Virginia.

ETA: I know that David has a degree - but was there any mention about it being a graduate degree or just an undergrad degree? If it’s a graduate degree then his being 28 with no work experience makes little more sense (not much but a little). 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I can’t stand  to hear Elizabeth and Andreee “baby baby baby” ugh. I hate that term of endearment.

Babe is fine. Baby...nope.

Im sure someone said this but he reminds me of a Bond villain.  The big tall guy with the metal teeth...don’t know the characters name.

Ha! I feel the opposite and hate "babe."

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

Annie mentioned something about David Poor eventually "supporting her parents".  Seriously?  She will be lucky if they can ever move out of his friend's house (whose wife is not happy about it at ALL).  He should never have started this "adventure" without a solid job. It really isn't fair to her.  Feel sorry for her.  She really does seem sweet.

Annie will be working two jobs and cleaning houses, walking dogs and minding people's kids in any spare time she has, squirreling away her money and biding her time till she can escape. And I am there for it. 

1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

Good notion but my old hometown is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. and has at least three music colleges/conservatories as well as pros who really have "chops." He can't work for awhile, and she has no college and little experience.  Recipe for disaster if someone else isn't paying. The winters are almost as long in Boston and depending on how close to the coast you are, it is a damp or wet cold most of the time. At least that part of NH Is a drier cold. 

Hee! I hear that. I'm from Boston too (waving!). Those kids at Berklee and the New England Conservatory would eat her alive, not to mention at least half a dozen colleges have stellar music/arts departments. She must know it, too. In Claremont she's a big fish. Why, the Family Band probably gigs at every strawberry festival and church fair for miles around! 

Not to mention $1200 a month might get you a studio--20 miles out of the city proper.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Palomar said:

Elizabeth needs to find a full time job or at least a part time one to supplement the one she has with her Dad.  The thing is she should have thought about this a LONG time ago before Andrei came over.  She knows he won't be able to work for a long time.  And it isn't really fair for Father Elizabeth to be already complaining about her supporting Andrei when he can't work.  Andrei really does seem like the type who wants to work, kind of like Alexi from last season.  The best thing Elizabeth could do is to find a independent job to where Father Elizabeth doesn't keep bringing up that HE is supporting everyone.

Luis is already bored?? Uh-Oh.

I think Andrei said he has savings!  Elizabeth is a pampered daughter.  Daddy is trying to keep her right under his thumb by controlling the purse strings.  Daddy and Andrei.. Two alpha males.  Elizabeth is loving all of it just like a spoiled, youngest child in a wealthy family usually is!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Those kids at Berklee and the New England Conservatory would eat her alive, not to mention at least half a dozen colleges have stellar music/arts departments. She must know it, too. In Claremont she's a big fish. Why, the Family Band probably gigs at every strawberry festival and church fair for miles around! 

Not to mention $1200 a month might get you a studio--20 miles out of the city proper.

I'd watch the shit out of this tentacle of 90DF, "Fun Facts with Evelyn".  Please let this scenario be in an upcoming script or even it's own series.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I think you're right -- I've seen lots of pictures of people who've lost a lot of weight (like, 75+ lbs) and in every instance, except one, they all looked older, and haggard.

And that’s exactly why I keep my almost-47 year old self on the chubby side. ???. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, DropTheSoap said:
3 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

David Spain keeps saying he wants to move to Virginia.

Yes he does. And I’m implying he may have an alternative reason outside of the weather to be in Virginia. 

I was assuming that also. Could be one of several people things.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:
23 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I can’t stand  to hear Elizabeth and Andreee “baby baby baby” ugh. I hate that term of endearment.

Babe is fine. Baby...nope.

Im sure someone said this but he reminds me of a Bond villain.  The big tall guy with the metal teeth...don’t know the characters name.

Ha! I feel the opposite and hate "babe."

I don't much like either. Don't these people have given names? I never got why referring to a lover as a drooling, pooping, barfing, swaddled mini-human is romantic.

• Love 10
On November 20, 2017 at 4:03 PM, lovesnark said:

I also think he's not used to kids/teenagers acting disrespectfully to their parents. He was raised in a completely different culture and was taught that your parents are to be respected and admired. I think he was 100% wrong in thinking he was going to step in and have Molly's daughters look to him as a father figure. But, I think that's what he was expecting would happen. It's pretty obvious to me that Molly lets Olivia do pretty much whatever she wants and when she acts like a pissy teenager, she lets it go. I don't think Luis has much experience dealing with pissy teens and he thinks Olivia is really disrespectful to her mother. I also think he loves to rub in the fact that Molly is so madly in lust with him that it makes Olivia uncomfortable. The way they behaved at lunch said a lot. Olivia was uncomfortable with them being all kissy kissy at the table and he knew it. He kept doing it to piss her off.

I think Molly's relationship with Olivia is more like girlfriends than mother/daughter.  Olivia isn't losing a mother, she's losing a friend.  There doesn't seem to be a generation gap between Molly and Olivia.  And Olivia can miss me with that bullshit, "I hate plantains" or whatever ignorant shit she said.  

Too many of the Americans come off so ignorant, like Libby's dad and uncle.  I wonder if they've ever been out of the USA.  

• Love 6

I took a look at images of Granada, and I can see why David Spain thinks Claremont sucks.  Leaving all that culture behind for Miss Fun Facts.

They don’t seem to have a lot of chemistry, but that could  be restraint. They aren’t savin* kissing for the wedding.  They have kissed on camera, but it’s tasteful and not gross like Luis and Molly’s canoodling.

• Love 5