Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, calpurnia99 said:

David Spain was right that you can do everything with music online and there are music producers in every town in America. In a big city, she would actually find plenty of talented music producers.  She could still collaborate with this man from another place. She does this weird breathy thing when she sings- she needs voice lessons. 

Josh does not want kids- why didn't she ask him about this? She can't wait if she is 36. She does not have many good years left, of which she seems very aware. If she goes home and starts all over that will take several more years. Annie is in the same boat.

WHY did they go to LA first? How is he going to get a job and save money there if they are to live in Kentucky? Where will they live in Kentucky? What will he do for a job? I thought when he said they would live with Chris, Chris lived in the same area. Color me confused..

What do you mean?  NH is the recording capital of the world last I heard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Just one thing, Annie. You're not going to stop an alcoholic from drinking a lot. Maybe rethink your decision to marry this guy. And btw Annie's parent's house is nice and they seem to have everything they need. Annie's mother doesn't seem to want her to go. But she's willing to let her go so she can support them. Little do they know they are much better off than this douche they're wanting her to leave with. Annie is going to be so depressed.

Couldn't Bahtman's friends let Annie get some rest before throwing a party?

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Did anyone hear Josh giving Aika a hard time about her "pooch" in the additional scenes they aired tonight? They were paddle boarding or something in a canal. Aika ate some American food and went from a Size 0 to a 0-1/2.  As she was paddling along trying to enjoy herself, Josh made a remark about burning off the chocolate she ate. Like he's Brad Pitt? What a d*ck!

How did I miss this?! I might need to rewatch - where was it in the episode?

• Love 1

Andrei coming out from customs with not even a carryon. For gawds sake what a crap of a reinactment? He didn’t have any luggage. Father Elizabeth and Brother Elizabeth are both dicks.

Molly is a douchebag. And she’s drunk. The convo she had with Olivia in regards to love is so stupid. She should just hire a live in manny .  Crap who isn’t feeling sorry for Olivia? She is not acting like spoilt brat.

Did anyone notice at the gym where Nicole went was all men? Was this just a plot contrive for TLC? I would assume (as a stupid person) that there maybe a men’s only or a woman’s only gym in Tunisia. The whole sleeping in. Don’t they do siesta in Tunisia? Cause usually people nap from 2-4.

Plus who took care of May?? Auntie who doesn’t speak a lick of English? Yeah that’s helpful. Reminded me of my stupid uncle who left my cousin to our mutual grandmother. Cousin didn’t speak Greek.  Granny didn’t speak English.

I don’t give a crap about Poor David and Annie.

Hearing stupid Josh’s excuse for the ring – I can kind of accept it. He could have taken the diamond out of the setting and put it in a new one. Technically then, it’s a new ring. 

• Love 5

Wow. That little brat Kensly is disrespectful as hell. And now we know why Luis told her he was going to be her father. Molly is telling him her kids need a dad! We can't blame Luis for telling the kid he would be her father if he thought that's what she wanted and needed. THAT is all Molly's fault. 

Olivia is acting kind of jealous now. I do understand the weirdness of him moving in without knowing him. Don't get me wrong. She has every right to be hurt and she can't help her feelings. Molly obviously loves the kids but she has a right to find love with a man as well. We moms are human too. 

And then Molly said, "I'm a wild and crazy girl", in her best Bobby Hill voice. I hate it when women refer to themselves as girls. Bitch, you own a business and pay bills. You've raised children. You're not a wild and crazy girl. You're a grown ass woman. Act like it.

Azan is very nice and supportive at the gym. There's nothing wrong with wanting your wife to be healthy. The only rude thing he says is that she's lazy. Besides the threat to not go to America. But overall he seems very nice about it. And Nicole is working hard so good for her. She will thank him later. 

"But are you attracted to me no matter what?" Once again Azan fails at lying. "Yeah, exactly," he says as he stares off wishing he was a bird so he could fly far. Far far away from here. 

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Kelly said:

How did I miss this?! I might need to rewatch - where was it in the episode?

It was in the rerun episode that aired before the new one with unedited parts.  Made me detest him even more.

• Love 1

Seems like a lot of these folks are on their best behaviour - til they bring the fiancé/ee to America. Then the real them oozes out. And then the fiancé/ee thinks well, maybe it's just a one-off. No it isn't. This is how these people genuinely are.

David has made it very clear to Evelyn that he does not want to stay in Claremont forever and build a life there. A smart, talented guy is looking at living in a big city and looking to make a better life there. What is keeping you in the small town Evelyn - if you want to 'sing' well, Claremont isn't going to build you a Vegas style hotel with a stage to have your car-eeer. Being a performer means months on the road.  It can be a very lonely and very tough life.  If you even get to that point. Chances are that you are looking to get knocked up real fast so you can 'stay at home'. Bye singing career. You conned the dude from Spain.

Are you afraid that your world view may change if you have to go somewhere that isn't chaperoned? And have new experiences in life and walk the path where it takes you? What sort of income do you have coming in that you can afford at $1200 apartment? Plus all the other bills. You are looking at living in your parents' basement for a few months til you and David can find jobs where you can afford an apartment. Unless of course, God kindly plants a rapidly growing money seedling in your backyard.  Your music producer is probably leading you on - there are hundreds if not thousands of talented singers looking for their break. It takes time, commitment, and work. You're just hung up on your own little fantasies.

Kensley, your mom should not let you wear cheap flip-flops in a playground - sneakers have better support and you don't risk getting injured as badly.

Annie, you are seeing David in his true environment. This.is.the.man.you.are.getting. Welcome to his world. And your new world. Maybe ask your mom for money for a flight back.

Azan, you will be doing diaper duty and kid duty for many years. And have the same merry go round of issues with Nicole. Maybe Nicole does like to have an afternoon nap, especially if it is hot outside and she is in an air-conditioned hotel or wherever she is staying. I like to have a nap on a Saturday afternoon sometimes.

Where is Kensley's dad and Nicole's dad? Do they have any interaction with their fathers? Luis is still a young guy looking for some fun.

Elizabeth, you can walk away from your family and learn to set better boundaries for your own mental and emotional and physical health. Maybe moving away for a bit will help you out. Andrei is not the magic fix though.

I missed the Josh comment on Aika's 'pooch'. Kinda reminds me or Frasier's Maris character gaining her holiday ounce.  Josh, you would never attract an American woman like Aika unless you were loaded. And you can't have kids? Um, you should have mentioned that to her from the get-go. Another woman stuck.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, tincansailor981 said:

I detest her pancake ass. The chairwoman of the itty bitty titty committee. If she wasn't such a bitch I'd overlook it.

Hahaha, i just lol'd at that! I could overlook a lot of things about her BUT because of her almighty bitchiness, i just can't. 

• Love 2

I think Evelyn is so determined to stay in Claremont because deep down She knows she has just about enough talent to eke out a “career” in a town the size of Claremont, with gigs at the local church, school functions, the county fair, etc.  She knows she doesn’t have the sand or the talent to even try any place bigger than a one stoplight town. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 18

What's wrong with a family ring?  My wedding band was worn by my husband's grandmother. I think my ring is very special, and I don't new a huge, expensive new diamond to know my husband loves me. 

Not so fun fact -- I tasted a little vomit in my mouth when Evelyn started singing. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why does Andreiiiiiii talk about returning to Moldova when he said what a poor country it is with no career opportunities.  

Elizabeth is really unprepared to be responsible for her own life, I thought she was going to faint when her father said they were on their own financially then in her TH she says her wedding is going to be very expensive. Oy.

Her family is so not on board with their marriage she thinks Daddy will be happy to pay for a big wedding? 

What is wrong with these people?

Oh Elizabeth.  Your father either won't pay for your big wedding or will pay for it and use that to keep you in line. Your groom cannot work legally. No sensible person would have a "big wedding" under those circumstances.  Then again, sensible and level-headed people don't get onto reality television shows.

11 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I think Evelyn is so determined to stay in Claremont because deep down She   knows she has just about enough talent to eke  out a “career” in a town the size of Claremont, with gigs at the local church, school functions, the county fair, etc.  She  knows she doesn’t have the sand or the talent to even try any place bigger than a one stoplight town. 

Exactly! Everything about Evelyn screams big fish in a small pond. She won't even consider a bigger city in NH (much less VA) because she can't compete and knows it.

David Poor and Annie are still so hard to watch. Poor Annie: besieged by intimate questions from strangers in a social setting and stuck with a fiance who seems ashamed to tell his children about their engagement. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 19
59 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

He incarnates everything that is loathsome and repugnant about a certain sort of Arizona male.  Usually resides in Mesa, AZ.  Drives a pickup truck.  Loves Trump.  Adores guns.  Has a very low opinion of women in general.  Fearful of "feminazis."  Convinced that American women are all no-good sluts who do not know how to take care of A Wonderful Guy Like Him.

A big believer of "building the wall."  Catch my drift?

I'm picking up strong MRA/ Red Pill vibes from this guy.

Aika, you in danger, girl!

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 12

Louis needs to run for the hills. Molly is really pushing him to step up and be a dad to her two obnoxious kids and they have been clear that they don't want that. He is getting mixed signals everywhere.  And molly telling Luis how much help she will need made it sound like she was hiring live in help. Molly never asked Luis what he might like to do or what type of career he might like to pursue.

Complete opposite of another season with the guy from Jamaica and the woman with the nasty sister.  The guy got to be good friends with his fiancé's son without being his caretaker. He then got to pursue a career he was interested in. 

And olivia needs to get out of Alabama or whatever southern state she's from once in awhile.  If she said "a man from another country" one more time!  She doesn't appear to have much empathy for anyone else and is way too self centered.  The salon employee was right in telling Olivia that she's going to college soon and her mother is lonely. Grow up already. 

As for Olivia stating that Luis English isn't any good?  I would bet money she does not speak another language. Ugh, unlikable kid. 

• Love 15

The most telling thing Nicole said tonight was when Azan was about to go out.  Something along the lines of " I have to take care of May ALL BY MYSELF! and in a foreign country!" Is  it just me or does that dumb girl think he's coming to America to help her take care of her daughter for the rest of her life??

• Love 12

So David Spain's plan for the next few years involves some sort of backpacking adventure? Evelyn does not strike me as the backpacking type. And she is his first 'real' relationship, but he is not her first? Is there anything at all that these two have in common, besides religious beliefs??

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

I think Evelyn is so determined to stay in Claremont because deep down She   knows she has just about enough talent to eke out a “career” in a town the size of Claremont, with gigs at the local church, school functions, the county fair, etc.  She knows she doesn’t have the sand or the talent to even try any place bigger than a one stoplight town. 

Also, I think Evelyn wants her (expensive) cake and to eat it too. She likes the wedding/marriage fantasy she's concocted in her mind making her the centre of the universe, but still wants to be taken care of by her family.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Splithair said:

So David Spain's plan for the next few years involves some sort of backpacking adventure? Evelyn does not strike me as the backpacking type. And she is his first 'real' relationship, but he is not her first? Is there anything at all that these two have in common, besides religious beliefs??

They don't have STDs?

I did notice that Evelyn didn't care about his life goals and dreams. Both aren't in the same fairytale book, much less the same story.

He gets a young, uneducated, unworldly woman who has lived an insular life. Not a huge challenge for him. Maybe Evelyn wants to stay home and sing, and have babies, and watch TV all day.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kat30 said:

OMG...you have read my mind.....JOSH IS THE WORST.  I was thinking the exact same thing when he was saying she’d gained weight and he’d be ok if she had a flatter tummy. DUDE...you are 40 something with like 12 roommates.....and don’t pay child support.  I actually like her.  I hope she RUNS.

Is it just me or did he look stoned AF in the restaurant scene?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I can see why Evelyn wants to stay in Claremont for her career.

Well, she's a star in CLAREMONT! She's probably asked to sing the Star Spangled Banner for opening day of Little League. 

As far as Josh giving Aika a recycled ring, he did say it had been his mother's and stated that it was a mistake to have given it to his ex. The diamond looked like a decent size, they could certainly have it reset, but Aika went on to say she wanted a TWO carat ring (so do I, btw) and HEART SHAPED. I haven't seen a heart shaped diamond since the early 70s when a starry-eyed girl in my college dorm got engaged to a much older guy. 

Edited by magemaud
oops, I got my couples mixed up!
  • Love 10

Aika, you get what you get. You are marrying the *man*. You can always trade up for the diamond you want in a few years. You'll be with him forever, right?

For the folks finding foreign 'loves of their lives', please do yourself a favour and don't make promises or offers to them that you have no intention of keeping.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I can't deal. I kinda want him to go to the US, get a job at the podunk YMCA or whatever, and watch him try that on a not-Nicole fat lady and get straight up punched in the dick. 

Also, how many times is he going to say that before she calls him out on being ridiculously disrespectful? It's infuriating to watch her mewl about "it's not easy to diet" or "you want me to change?" in response. Argh. They're both the wooooorst.

Love this.   Can I volunteer to be that lady?  Please!!!! I'm a Y member and would love to give him a nice swift knee to the groin. 

Fat shaming doesn't work and is cruel.  I am larger than when I first married, but my husband has never been critical and loves me as I am. 

• Love 20

It may have been his mother's ring but he chose a woman to give it to and she was nice enough to give it back when she dumped his ass. He should put it in a box and keep it in his safe. Not give it to the next woman on his list. He made a choice. It didn't work out. Im having a hard time believing anyone would want your fiancé's ex wife's ring. 

• Love 12

Fat-shaming is one of the few 'allowable' prejudices left. People are fickle and judge, judge, judge. A lot is their own projections about themselves and their need to control others to fit their nice little box.

I've gone up and down in weight and losing it takes time. It's not going to happen overnight.  Slow lifestyle changes work about the best. Azan, if you don't like Nicole as-is, break it off.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, tincansailor981 said:

Wounded water buffalo indeed.

Speaking of Annie and Baht-man...

Being the member who is probably closest in geography to this couple (assuming they managed to escape LA and are now back in the land of fried chicken and horses), I volunteer to spearhead a rescue campaign. #freeAnnie 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

An Olivia saying that Luis's English was not okay was mean as she was talking about the "plantins". His English is quite good for someone learning to speak a second language. If she could speak Spanish or any other foriegn language half as well as Luis speaks English..jeez. It's HARD people, he is doing quite well. Yes he makes mistakes. Just my pet peeve.

I think he said he began to learn English as an adult working at the resort, so that's pretty good. His mistakes are the exact mistakes that English speakers make when they learn to speak Spanish.

And I don't hear any one of the Americans attempting to learn the other person's language. Did I miss any of them?

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, Splithair said:

Is it just me or did he look stoned AF in the restaurant scene?

In the restaurant scene, in the ring store, in the grocery store...

Actually, when he was talking about trying to conceive and how they had to figure out his issue first, I automatically assumed that he was referring to his heroin habit. Or something. 

• Love 17

If Evelyn can speak and understand French, she can probably understand a bit of Spanish or at least figure out in that both are Romance languages, and have some similarity.

If Josh does have a drug and an expensive heroin habit, how can he afford it? The multiple roommates?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think he said he began to learn English as an adult working at the resort, so that's pretty good. His mistakes are the exact mistakes that English speakers make when they learn to speak Spanish.

And I don't hear any one of the Americans attempting to learn the other person's language. Did I miss any of them?

Well, David knows the word "baht," so there's that.

• Love 11
Just now, Frozendiva said:

If Josh does have a drug and an expensive heroin habit, how can he afford it? The multiple roommates?

No idea. I live in a county with a 60% unemployment rate. Drawing disability checks is the biggest form of income here and the poverty rate is one of the highest in the nation (no shit, the county next to me is always in the top 3). Still, our heroin problem is out of control. People can't afford to buy real clothes to wear to the Dollar General to pick up their Mountain Dews but they can maintain, dammit. Cause that's important. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

No idea. I live in a county with a 60% unemployment rate. Drawing disability checks is the biggest form of income here and the poverty rate is one of the highest in the nation (no shit, the county next to me is always in the top 3). Still, our heroin problem is out of control. People can't afford to buy real clothes to wear to the Dollar General to pick up their Mountain Dews but they can maintain, dammit. Cause that's important. 

I can only afford a little bit of wine and some brandy.

Here it's the opiod problem that is rampant.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Christina said:

She's probably homesick, missing her grandmother and aunt, the two people she spends the most time with. Now, she's stuck with Nicole who has no idea how to take care of her. 

That's right. There was no good reason to take a child that young away from her supports and familiar surroundings.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I can only afford a little bit of wine and some brandy.

Here it's the opiod problem that is rampant.

Oh, we passed that particular speedbump years ago. My state put down some strict laws on the opioids, making them almost impossible to get. Now the addicts have turned to heroin (which is cheaper and easier to get than the opioids) and the people who are coming out of surgeries and battling chronic pain are being dealt Ibuprofens. Our ERs are full of overdoses and bleeding stomach ulcers. Ah, the circle of healthcare...

I don't care for Evelyn's voice but I'll be damned if there aren't people out there who seem to love it. Eh, I haven't listened to radio in years. I guess there's something for everyone. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

Can see why Elizabeth chose an "alpha" male. The men in her family, they come off as just as controlling as Andrei  and bet they are the types that "joke" about other men. There is something off bout the Dad and brother, they seem just as arrogant as Andrei. Think a lot of us subconsciously chose our Dads. 

I even noticed Father and Andreiii were wearing almost the same shirt!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Also, way to go Elizabeth.  Right after telling Andre that your father had purchased the bed for you both you tell him that your father is worried that he’s going to be financing your life. good job.

Josh is an a$$.  You gave Aika your ex’s ring??? you’re a cheap, selfish idiot, Josh. 

Actually, he said it was a ring that had been in the family and was special to his mom.  I like heirloom jewelry, but I guess it is unfortunate he gave it to his first wife. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

You need to specify the clarity and cut.

Aika did specify heart shaped, but for $ 12,900 I don't think she's going to get flawless! 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Holy cow, does Molly have a Luis tattoo on her arm?

I re-watched the Say Yes to the Dress scene and Molly's tattoo says "Live" 

• Love 6