Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I think Nicole with Azan's face looks like a professional wrestler. Josh with Aika's face reminds me of a space alien and Aika with Josh's face looks like one of those wrinkled doll heads they make out of apples. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

That's why I said "And just a general comment", meaning, not necessarily directed at this particular situation as of now.

ETA: We also don't really know how she took it, so it could've been nothing, or it could've upset her. Obviously she wasn't okay about it, though, since she left the room (thankfully) & took it to Molly (for whatever that will be worth).

You're right, we don't really know what she was thinking.  My opinion is that Olivia ran to her mother to tattle on him to cause drama.  Olivia can't have it both ways, she can't ask Luis to be quiet about having her boyfriend in her bedroom and then clutch her pearls when he asks in a very crude way what her intentions are. 

• Love 2
On 11/15/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Josh not only treats Aika like an object and a prize, he literally calls her a "trophy".  Doesn't he realize that "trophy wife" is a phrase that is supposed to be used by people who are mocking you behind your back?  And what has Josh done to earn a "trophy wife"?  Install entertainment systems, get divorced twice and live with roommates?  At best, he should get a "participation trophy wife". 

He should get a "participation ribbon wife". 

On 11/16/2017 at 2:53 PM, OhIgetit said:

Based on your logic Molly’s dad should call him “his daughter’s husband” rather than son-in-law. Once they are married stepfather is the appropriate legal term for the relationship.  I know  people who have married well after their children were adults who use the term stepfather/mother.  

If one of my kids (we are a blended family) referred to my husband as just my husband based solely on how old they were when we got married I would see this as a sign of disrespect.

If Molly's dad chooses to take on Luis as a son-in-law then that is his choice, but the title of "father" should be earned. 

On 11/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, Lemons said:

I think the term "father" has meaning.  It means that he is responsible for her.  For her care and guidance. It means he is able to tell her what she can and can't do.  Her mother's husband means only that he is her mother's new husband.  

If you have an adult woman of say, 30 years old, and her father marries a 25 year old women.  Does the 30 year old really have to call the 25  year old woman her stepmother?  At what point does it get a little bit silly?  Luis in not equipped to be Olivia's stepfather, nor should he have to be.  

I'm 40 and my mom is in her late sixties and has been dating the same man for a few years. In the event of their marriage, I will not call him step-father. I think that ship has sailed. The fact that Molly wants Olivia to think of Luis as a step-father when he is less than ten years older than her is just really silly. I'd be embarrassed if I were Olivia.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:08 AM, sasha206 said:

I'm also not seeing the appeal with David Spain.  I think he already has a middle aged soccer dad look to him.

He is almost 30. Technically he could be a soccer dad right now. 

On 11/18/2017 at 2:54 PM, Desert Rat said:

Actually, harassment is not limited to the workplace or other settings of power. And harassment, sexual or otherwise, can rise to the level of criminal activity and is a felony. Even catcalling, in some cases, could rise to criminal levels.

I agree. I'm no lawyer but I've been harrassed by men. I'm a small woman and to me all men are in a position of power because I know there isn't much I could do to defend myself against their strength. All men are bigger than me. I know that's not what is meant by "position of power". That's just how I personally feel on a daily basis as a woman. Therefore, even catcalling feels quite threatening.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:02 PM, Quof said:

Don't know in what jurisdiction you practise law, Desert Rat.  But no, by definition, harassment requires power.   Criminal harassment requires both (1) repeated communication, following or watching plus (2) the threat/fear of physical harm.  That's the position of power - I can hurt you.  

Luis isn't in a position of power over Olivia, and "trying to" assert power doesn't make it harassment.  

I think he is in a position of power considering he's about to be man of the house, married to her mother. Molly is pushing the step-father thing so that's power in a way. Luis also knows Molly isn't going to get rid of him. She's too desperate. Olivia also knows he's here to stay as her new dad and he can probably do anything and Molly won't say much. That's a position of power when you're underage.

32 minutes ago, Lemons said:

You're right, we don't really know what she was thinking.  My opinion is that Olivia ran to her mother to tattle on him to cause drama.  Olivia can't have it both ways, she can't ask Luis to be quiet about having her boyfriend in her bedroom and then clutch her pearls when he asks in a very crude way what her intentions are. 

The way Olivia asked Luis if he would keep her secrets was kind of threatening and a little flirty. Like, "Maybe I'll make your life hell if you tell on me because I know you want my approval. Then again, you may be rewarded if you don't tell." At her age, I would automatically assume that anyone my mother dates will probably not keep secrets for me. Well, back then I thought adults stuck together. Especially, adults trying to gain favor with my mother. I'm not excusing Luis' at all. I just don't think Olivia is innocent and I think she knows she can manipulate Luis very easily. Both sides of this equation give me a bad feeling. 

• Love 3
On 11/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn't sure what to make of Eveyln.  Her family expecting her to get married and keep the family band together is a little unrealistic to me, but, who knows.  I wonder what they thought would happen when she got serious about David.  

I saw this video of her and it is pretty good.  She sure distorts words a lot, but, I guess some people like that style. 

Not a fan but I am also not her audience.  I am hopeful she never makes it enough to do a college tour cause I am NOT listening to this for a full concert!

• Love 1

I just want to say one more thing before our next show. Anybody who thinks a Luis from America would be any better than the Luis Molly got from the Dominican Republic is probably sorely mistaken. Younger men in America are just as likely to be moochers as those from other countries. Molly is older and when a young man likes a woman her age, it's usually not just her wit and charm that attracted him. Molly is well off. I'm sure there are American young men that would be content to hang around her big ass house and tap Molly every night for the cushy lifestyle. He may even fall in love with the sense of security the older woman gives him. But younger men/older women with large age gaps don't usually last a lifetime. Unless you're married to Hugh Jackman apparently. 

• Love 3

Nicole is so immature. She caused Azan to lose his job because she wanted to text when it was convenient for her?? And she made him ask his aunt if they could sleep together under her roof?? He needs to grow a pair and tell her to go back to America alone and never contact him again. He needs a nice Moroccan girl.

• Love 2

I’m currently re-watching this episode before this week’s new ones and I noticed something.  In the scene where Elizabeth and Andrei are discuss the ‘girls night out’ she keeps making fun of his English! What a B****!  I can’t imagine the gall of someone making fun of someone speaking a second language - especially since he speaks at least one more language than  Elizabeth does, but to do that to somebody you supposedly love??? that is unforgivable. Run, Andrei, run!!!, 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I’m currently re-watching this episode before this week’s new ones and I noticed something.  In the scene where Elizabeth and Andrei are discuss the ‘girls night out’ she keeps making fun of his English! What a B****!  I can’t imagine the gall of someone making fun of someone speaking a second language - especially since he speaks at least one more language than  Elizabeth does, but to do that to somebody you supposedly love??? that is unforgivable. Run, Andrei, run!!!, 

AMazing how my opinion of Andrei has changed so significantly in such a short time. The magic of editing, I guess. Yeah, this chick is a total bitch. She already plays the victim but it seems like she's dishing out the abuse more than he is. 

• Love 2

And another thing about Elizabeth, why does she care so much about what her family thinks? I was married when I was 20 and do you know how much I cared about what my family thought? I cared 0%. I understand wanting your boyfriend and your family to get along but why is she acting like it could be a deal breaker if they don't get along? Do you love this man? If so, that's all that should matter. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I'm struck by all the selfishness on display in this episode.

Evelyn is digging in her heels on tuxes. What's more important to her, the wedding or the marriage?

Nicole has no cultural sensitivity at all.

Libby wants what she wants, Anderi's opinion be damned.

2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

And another thing about Elizabeth, why does she care so much about what her family thinks? I was married when I was 20 and do you know how much I cared about what my family thought? I cared 0%. I understand wanting your boyfriend and your family to get along but why is she acting like it could be a deal breaker if they don't get along? Do you love this man? If so, that's all that should matter. 

I liked Andrei's statement that he doesn't care about Libby's family. He's only concerned about the family he's going to build.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Nicole is so immature. She caused Azan to lose his job because she wanted to text when it was convenient for her?? And she made him ask his aunt if they could sleep together under her roof?? He needs to grow a pair and tell her to go back to America alone and never contact him again. He needs a nice Moroccan girl.

Losing his job is all on Azan. He had a choice to make ie turning off his phone or breaking up with Nicole and for whatever reason he chose Nicole. Nicole is ridiculous and immature but Azan is also making ridiculous choices.

• Love 9

And another thing yet again about Elizabeth and Andrei. I happen to agree with Andrei about clubs and bachelor parties and what is proper. But I don't think it's wrong if a woman wants to go dancing or have a bachelorette party. It's just a matter of opinion. These two aren't compatible. He wants to do things together and mentioned a double standard, which I took to mean that she probably told him not to have a bachelor party with strippers. So as long as the couple agrees on what is acceptable for their relationship and there are no double standards, okay. But they don't agree and it will probably cause a lot of problems if she wants to be a party girl and he wants to be a homebody. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 1

I don't find Josh attractive but what really ruins him is his mouth. He looks like an old man with his dentures out. Maybe if he got some good teeth, it would fill out the bottom part of his face and he'd look more proportionate. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I just want to say one more thing before our next show. Anybody who thinks a Luis from America would be any better than the Luis Molly got from the Dominican Republic is probably sorely mistaken. Younger men in America are just as likely to be moochers as those from other countries. Molly is older and when a young man likes a woman her age, it's usually not just her wit and charm that attracted him. Molly is well off. I'm sure there are American young men that would be content to hang around her big ass house and tap Molly every night for the cushy lifestyle. He may even fall in love with the sense of security the older woman gives him. But younger men/older women with large age gaps don't usually last a lifetime. Unless you're married to Hugh Jackman apparently. 

Right. 

The difference is you aren't shelling out tons of money just to get them over here and then also having someone who can't work.  So a mooching American Luis would still be cheaper than a mooching DR Luis.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Right. 

The difference is you aren't shelling out tons of money just to get them over here and then also having someone who can't work.  So a mooching American Luis would still be cheaper than a mooching DR Luis.

True that. In the long run Luis might be a harder worker than an American millennial, and may offer more to the family than his American counterpart. No offense to American millennials lol. Kind of joking. But you're right though. She is spending a pretty penny for that ass. 

• Love 1

What a @&!^%# Josh is. I think he is the most superficial cast member ever, by leaps and bounds. If you're super hot, and you get on your partners case about toning up, (losing the pooch, etc) that's not okay. But if you're ugly, and doing that, it's especially nervy. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

True that. In the long run Luis might be a harder worker than an American millennial, and may offer more to the family than his American counterpart. No offense to American millennials lol. Kind of joking. But you're right though. She is spending a pretty penny for that ass. 

Ha, exactly!  

2 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

What a @&!^%# Josh is. I think he is the most superficial cast member ever, by leaps and bounds. If you're super hot, and you get on your partners case about toning up, (losing the pooch, etc) that's not okay. But if you're ugly, and doing that, it's especially nervy. 

He's skeevy as hell.

• Love 7

Freakin Josh acts like his body is good and he knows everything about working out. He's going to make Aika feel like shit for every pound she gains after childbirth. I really think he's the worst man on this show right now. He said, "If you're not comfortable [with your body] than you're not going to flaunt it."  What man wants his wife flaunting her body?? It's so weird. She just wants to be a normal woman. His ugly ass is lucky he got a woman as pretty as Aika. He doesn't need to criticize her flaws. At least not until he gets that grill fixed. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

Freakin Josh acts like his body is good and he knows everything about working out. He's going to make Aika feel like shit for every pound she gains after childbirth. I really think he's the worst man on this show right now. He said, "If you're not comfortable [with your body] than you're not going to flaunt it."  What man wants his wife flaunting her body?? It's so weird. She just wants to be a normal woman. His ugly ass is lucky he got a woman as pretty as Aika. He doesn't need to criticize her flaws. At least not until he gets that grill fixed. 

He can get that grill fixed up real pretty but he'll always be a douchebag looking for a trophy wife.

• Love 4

25 year old crappy electric stove=vintage BWAHHAAAAAHHAAAAAA!Of course he wants modern and stainless steel..good luck finding that in your price range in that town! And she has no opinions except on the wedding....but the xmas tree can't be fake! etc etc etc etc....the place is cute though!

Poor Nicole. I hope Azan knows you can't push so hard at first. She is going to be so sore the next day. Not only that, he admitted that he is not attacted to her, 55%?

• Love 10

Azan, DO NOT MARRY SOMEONE HOPING THEY WILL CHANGE!!!!!

ETA: Please keep Evil-lyn in NH. She is not going to get famous singing from that tiny town and I want her miserable. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 19

I am watching this show maybe ... 55%. The "stepdad" storyline crap = another couple to fast-forward through.

Oooooh, Evil-yn is about to go to the recording studio! I'm definitely still watcihng every minute of their trainwreck.

• Love 5

Molly is,a certified idiot. She truly thinks that some guy that her kids have known for a hot minute should instantly have a parent child relationship. 

Elizabeth needs to lose the lipstick. She looks so much better without it. 

So Azan  thinks he can take nicole to the gym and turn her into a hot bod. Not happening. 

Poor Annie. She is so screwed. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Also, is Azan getting paid per use of the word "lazy"?

I can't deal. I kinda want him to go to the US, get a job at the podunk YMCA or whatever, and watch him try that on a not-Nicole fat lady and get straight up punched in the dick. 

Also, how many times is he going to say that before she calls him out on being ridiculously disrespectful? It's infuriating to watch her mewl about "it's not easy to diet" or "you want me to change?" in response. Argh. They're both the wooooorst.

• Love 20

That girl is quite insufferable. Evelyn.  God will direct you where to go. Uh-huh. 

Azan, Nicole is not going to change. Make the exercise slow and fun. 

David the Poor, good luck in Annie meeting your kids. Annie, run!

Being a step-parent is a long haul and not an instant connection.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG!!! Evelyn singing in the studio sounded like a wounded water buffalo.

Loved the folksy wallpaper in the recording studio.

More like a braying beagle.  At 18, if she thinks she is going to be Taylor Swift or something like her, she has another thing coming.  She is incredibly selfish and inconsiderate.  David seems like a nice guy and deserves better than her.

• Love 15

Also, way to go Elizabeth.  Right after telling Andre that your father had purchased the bed for you both you tell him that your father is worried that he’s going to be financing your life. good job.

Josh is an a$$.  You gave Aika your ex’s ring??? you’re a cheap, selfish idiot, Josh. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 15

Oh, Molly, just say no to mesh! Her face is melting. 

Loved grandma’s scrapbook room... I mean, the recording studio. That old fart was radiating ooze. Gross. And the apartment was gross! $1200... are you kidding me? I paid that to live a block from the beach (granted that was 10yrs ago... things haven’t changed that much!)

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Josh is an a$$.  You gave Aika your ex’s ring??? you’re a cheap, selfish idiot, Josh.

Is this new information for you?  All of these men are selfish idiots, these guys are broke and now they are involving another person in to their poorly planned life.  How important is a ring when your fiance lives with roommates or has to borrow money to buy you from your parents?

Aika went along the fake talent agency and now the fake ring shopping but unfortunately Josh being an a$$hole, not a fake thing about it!

Holy cow, does Molly have a Luis tattoo on her arm?

• Love 4

Olivia, maybe you can tag along with some Say Yes to the Dress clients. Tell them how they really look and wonder what is next and if it will be uglier. Hard to find a dress and have it altered within a couple of weeks. Molly could easily have chosen a gown that can be reworn.

• Love 1

These people are such terrible actors that it is hard for me to get through both hours. It's almost all fake storylines. There probably are not many people who still think the couple have to decide if they want to be married in that 90 days, like it's some type of trial period. TLC treating viewers like idiots is a given, but it's making the show a chore.

38 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Producer Solomon loves her singing?!?! Solomon must be deaf. And from the look on David’s face while she was singing, it appears that David is not!

That was hilarious to me. He barely caught himself to keep from laughing.

23 minutes ago, PityFree said:

The information that the ring is his ex’s is brand new to the entire viewing audience, so yes, that’s new information.

I thought the response was that she meant him being a cheap ass wasn't new information, in a joking manner.

Edited by Christina
Spelling like a Judge Judy litigant
  • Love 2