Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Why does Andreiiiiiii talk about returning to Moldova when he said what a poor country it is with no career opportunities.  

Elizabeth is really unprepared to be responsible for her own life, I thought she was going to faint when her father said they were on their own financially then in her TH she says her wedding is going to be very expensive. Oy.

Her family is so not on board with their marriage she thinks Daddy will be happy to pay for a big wedding? 

What is wrong with these people?

• Love 17

Can see why Elizabeth chose an "alpha" male. The men in her family, they come off as just as controlling as Andrei  and bet they are the types that "joke" about other men. There is something off bout the Dad and brother, they seem just as arrogant as Andrei. Think a lot of us subconsciously chose our Dads. 

Edited by eggsnbacon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Brother Molly, does he work or is baby sitting Luis his job?

Josh mentioning he has problems conceiving...is that code for he had a vasectomy and now needs to reverse it?  I swear if I see a GoFundMe page for that nonsense I will scream.  Aika is ignorant to the fact that it cost a lot of money for IVF and if they are successful it takes a lot of money to raise a baby.  UGH! This show makes me mad.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Frankly, father Elizabeth needs to take his hat off and take a seat. Whst an ignorant hayseed. (Apparently, my word of the night.) I can tell that he thinks the man is the head of the household as long as he’s the man who’s in charge. Ican tell that he thinks the man is the head of the household as long as he’s the man who’s in charge. Apparently, he thinks he should be head of Elizabeth’s household too.  

I have to own it and say that I really like Andrei. He was sweet and complimentary  about their empty apartment when he arrived. He handled  Dumb  and Dumber with a lot of grace under pressure at the restaurant. He really seems to be in it for the girl, and only the girl. So far he gets my vote.

They are threatened by him, no doubt. He is the "alpha" they are trying so hard to be in their family. 

• Love 12

Brother Molly's hat says "two good reasons to call in sick..beer and beer." Lol! On top of which the hat looked like it had been run over by a truck many times. 

I can see why Evelyn wants to stay in Claremont for her career. Apparently Claremont is a great place to launch a recording career! 

• Love 7

Elizabeth keeps saying “I am a grown up, I will make my own decisions”, however, she is behaving like a child.  A grown woman doesn’t need her family’s approval or permission to live her own life. 

I believe Luis is having second thoughts and is trying to get an out by saying that Molly will have to move to the DR.  He knows darn well that she can't just up and leave her business. 

First Josh gave Aika the engagement ring that was previously worn by his ex-wife and now he tells her they’ll see about having children.  I think it’s time for her to cut and run. 

• Love 23

I have to admit that i'm starting to change my mind about Elizabeth and Andrii. I liked the way she stood up to her father and brother about Moldova. Andrii is alpha, (not my type), but he doesn't seem near as controlling as I thought he'd be. Maybe these two can actually make it?? 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Can see why Elizabeth chose an "alpha" male. The men in her family, they come off as just as controlling as Andrei  and bet they are the types that "joke" about other men. There is something off bout the Dad and brother, they seem just as arrogant as Andrei. Think a lot of us subconsciously chose our Dads. 

Dad and brother really rubbed me the wrong way. Andrei and Elizabeth would do well to move far away. Dad admitted that she only works part time and doesn't make much. So it's not like she has a great job keeping her there. 

Elizabeth said their wedding is going to be 'really' expensive. They have 90 days to tie the knot. She is only working part time. Dad is not going to foot the bill now, apparently. How exactly is this expensive wedding going to happen? 

• Love 12

So who is sponsoring Andrei???  Father Elizabeth seems very concerned that she only has a part-time job.  I’m certain that daddy is also providing that apartment for free since he runs a rental management company.  He shouldn’t generalize Elizabeth’s lack of work ethic to her fiancé - who at least has some savings and a desire to work. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Elizabeth keeps saying “I am a grown up, I will make my own decisions”, however, she is behaving like a child.  A grown woman doesn’t need her family’s approval or permission to live her own life. 

I believe Luis is having second thoughts and is trying to get an out by saying that Molly will have to move to the DR.  He knows darn well that she can't just up and leave her business. 

First Josh gave Aika the engagement ring that was previously worn by his ex-wife and now he tells her they’ll see about having children.  I think it’s time for her to cut and run. 

Grew up in the South and had a boyfriend onetime ask my Dad permission to marry me. My Dad then told him "I didn't raise my daughter who needs my permission, she can make her own choices. You don't know my daughter very well do you?" Sure enough we broke up because he turned out to be someone that wanted that perfect little housewife sitting at home to cater to all of his needs, also insecure on top of it. Truly strong competent males raise strong daughters that can take care of themselves and make their own choices. Men like the men in Elizabeth's family are controllers not protectors.

Edited by eggsnbacon
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

Dad and brother really rubbed me the wrong way. Andrei and Elizabeth would do well to move far away. Dad admitted that she only works part time and doesn't make much. So it's not like she has a great job keeping her there. 

Elizabeth said their wedding is going to be 'really' expensive. They have 90 days to tie the knot. She is only working part time. Dad is not going to foot the bill now, apparently. How exactly is this expensive wedding going to happen? 

According to the Evil-lyn school of wedding planning, as long as you save the good cake for your wedding party only, you can plan as expensive of a wedding as you want.

• Love 10
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I realize that the time change between the US and Morocco is enough to screw up a kids schedule, but it's been a MONTH. Why is May eating meals in the middle of the night and not sleeping?

I think that was just Nicole's excuse for still being asleep at 2pm.

• Love 24
25 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

I get the impression that Andrei is her own personal Terminator who will stand up to her domineering father and brothers. They all seem to pile on and pick on her. It's not fair the way they do. They should be caring and protective of her, not bullying.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, jennyf said:

Also both Nicole and Adam made reference to changing May’s diaper size throughout the night. At age 2, she should not need to be changed once overnight, much less multiple times. Very weird. 

Also weird she wakes up crying at night because she's hungry. I know each child is unique, but at age two, none of my kids woke up to eat. Hopefully it's just a time difference issue and not following in mom's footsteps. 

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I am watching this show maybe ... 55%. The "stepdad" storyline crap = another couple to fast-forward through.

Oooooh, Evil-yn is about to go to the recording studio! I'm definitely still watcihng every minute of their trainwreck.

Whenever they describe their devotion in percentages, it's really about 0% because remember Mo did the same thing with Danielle. He was 50% wanting to marry her and 50% in it for the adventure... something to that effect.

• Love 4

IIRC, wasn't May 2 during the first season? So she should be 3 or close to it by now. Why isn't Nicole potty training her? Oh wait, she's too busy sleeping till 3PM. Plus she's too lazy to be bothered with that. She'll just have Azan change diapers since that seems to be his job.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, S86226 said:

That "beautiful vintage kitchen" was ugly a.f. IMO. 

And also, IMO, that chick is one selfish BITCH. I kind of want to bitch slap her through the tv....

I detest her pancake ass. The chairwoman of the itty bitty titty committee. If she wasn't such a bitch I'd overlook it.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Father and brother Elizabeth are acting like douchebags. She also needs t o get a real full time job not working for daddy. 

I can see Elizabeth's dad holding every gift he gives them over their heads. If I was Andrei I would accept no more gifts. He obviously holds her job over her head since he sees it as HE'S supporting her even though she's working. 

Elizabeth comes from a family of stupid pricks. I loved that Andrei said "I'm not marrying a country, I'm marrying a woman." And btw, dad, they don't need your blessing or advice. And why is Elizabeth saying the wedding has to be expensive? Just go to a pretty place and have a friend officiate. It doesn't have to cost a lot. What the hell with these women?? I feel like Elizabeth needs a full time job away from her bigot father.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

IIRC, wasn't May 2 during the first season? So she should be 3 or close to it by now. Why isn't Nicole potty training her? Oh wait, she's too busy sleeping till 3PM. Plus she's too lazy to be bothered with that. She'll just have Azan change diapers since that seems to be his job.

I can give her a pass on May not being pottie trained, not all kids are ready at 2 years old. But that's the only pass, she is still a lazy parent who does very little 'parenting'. 

• Love 13

Azan: I'm 55% attracted to her.

Nicole: You like me just the way I am, right? 

Miscommunication much? Nicole, he's not that into you. She just doesn't get it. And Azan, she's not going to change. Not for you or anybody. You can try to take her to the gym but you can't make her exercise. It's just not her thing.

Annie and Aika need to wake up and realize the men they picked are financially-challenged losers. Run, girls!

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, tincansailor981 said:

I detest her pancake ass. The chairwoman of the itty bitty titty committee. If she wasn't such a bitch I'd overlook it.

She has a good body, not everyone needs big boobs. She is thin and looks perfectly fine with small boobs, lets face it the more you weigh the more boob you usually have based on your weight.  Her attitude is what is off putting because she is a child acting like a child. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG!!! Evelyn singing in the studio sounded like a wounded water buffalo.

I hope like hell she doesn't plan to make a career singing.  If so, she will ever thinner than she is now.  It might be good enough cor the folks in her hick town, but mainstream America does not want to hear that shit.  Wounded water buffalo indeed.

1 minute ago, eggsnbacon said:

She has a good body, not everyone needs big boobs. She is thin and looks perfectly fine with small boobs, lets face it the more you weigh the more boob you usually have based on your weight.  Her attitude is what is off putting because she is a child acting like a child. 

True and thats my point.  Her stank ass behavior makes her unattractive.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I missed some of the second half because Husband Coach wanted to watch The Walking Dead, but did Josh really give Aika his ex's ring? Shades of Mark and Nikki...

Did anyone hear Josh giving Aika a hard time about her "pooch" in the additional scenes they aired tonight? They were paddle boarding or something in a canal. Aika ate some American food and went from a Size 0 to a 0-1/2.  As she was paddling along trying to enjoy herself, Josh made a remark about burning off the chocolate she ate. Like he's Brad Pitt? What a d*ck!

Aika, eat everything in sight! Big Macs, salt water taffy, Hershey's Kisses, just gorge, my dear, and wash it all down with a cherry Slushie! Balloon up to a Size 4, or even a Size 6! Josh will never touch you again. 

OMG...you have read my mind.....JOSH IS THE WORST.  I was thinking the exact same thing when he was saying she’d gained weight and he’d be ok if she had a flatter tummy. DUDE...you are 40 something with like 12 roommates.....and don’t pay child support.  I actually like her.  I hope she RUNS.

Edited by Kat30
I typed i hope “He’ runs...and “SHE” is the one who should lose the stilettos and run, run , run far away”
  • Love 23

I want the threats to go home to stop. The only person on this show that will go home is Nicole. Either sell the threat or shut it; you all are not actors and I want to make fun of you for your stupidity, not your fake storylines.

It's getting harder to believe that the family members are this ignorant, too. The moment Elizabeth mentioned Andrei, they wouldn't have known where Moldova was, if they actually gave a damn, like they are acting all fearful about now. Adjust the script, Sharp! Every couple is the same thing: "We have ninety days to decide if we are going to marry," "I'm might go back home," "He/she should be a model," "He/she is only here for a Green Card." Ugh. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, hawkhd said:

Oh, Molly, just say no to mesh! Her face is melting. 

Loved grandma’s scrapbook room... I mean, the recording studio. That old fart was radiating ooze. Gross. And the apartment was gross! $1200... are you kidding me? I paid that to live a block from the beach (granted that was 10yrs ago... things haven’t changed that much!)

David isn't "embracing" Evelyn's idea of an apartment lol. That is a house, Evelyn. And it's big for only two people renting. She's getting ahead of herself. They don't even have any furniture. Her first home has to be special. Like her wedding. In other words, it's her way or the highway. David is the one who has to "deal with the facts." 

Oh yay, David! You GET to see Evelyn in the recording studio. Plug your ears. Oh dear. She is so bad. A unique singing style is a great way to put it nicely, Producer Guy. And she has "potential", the producer said. That's another nice way of saying it's not good. And I knew she was blowing smoke up david's ass by saying she'll go wherever her music takes her. But she has nointention of going anywhere. I'd like to see this producer's resume since Evelyn is acting like he's Quincy fucking Jones.

• Love 18

Evelyn's singing voice is...breathtaking. 

Just now, bethster2000 said:

He incarnates everything that is loathsome and repugnant about a certain sort of Arizona male.  Usually resides in Mesa, AZ.  Drives a pickup truck.  Loves Trump.  Adores guns.  Has a very low opinion of women in general.  Fearful of "feminazis."  Convinced that American women are all no-good sluts who do not know how to take care of A Wonderful Guy Like Him.

A big believer of "building the wall."  Catch my drift?

Yeah, I know. I got the vibe that he was an "incel." 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Kat30 said:

OMG...you have read my mind.....JOSH IS THE WORST.  I was thinking the exact same thing when he was saying she’d gained weight and he’d be ok if she had a flatter tummy. DUDE...you are 40 something with like 12 roommates.....and don’t pay child support.  I actually like her.  I hope he RUNS.

• Love 1

Josh gave Aika his ex's engagement ring. I understand family rings but I wouldn't wear it if it was already worn by another woman. No way. He's so rude. He thinks he's being used yet he's using Aika as a trophy. Now he says "we'll see" about a family. Let me guess, Josh forgot to mention he is shooting blanks. Poor woman probably has no idea she'll never have a child.

• Love 10

David Spain was right that you can do everything with music online and there are music producers in every town in America. In a big city, she would actually find plenty of talented music producers.  She could still collaborate with this man from another place. She does this weird breathy thing when she sings- she needs voice lessons. 

Josh does not want kids- why didn't she ask him about this? She can't wait if she is 36. She does not have many good years left, of which she seems very aware. If she goes home and starts all over that will take several more years. Annie is in the same boat.

WHY did they go to LA first? How is he going to get a job and save money there if they are to live in Kentucky? Where will they live in Kentucky? What will he do for a job? I thought when he said they would live with Chris, Chris lived in the same area. Color me confused..

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kat30 said:
8 minutes ago, Kat30 said:

OMG...you have read my mind.....JOSH IS THE WORST.  I was thinking the exact same thing when he was saying she’d gained weight and he’d be ok if she had a flatter tummy. DUDE...you are 40 something with like 12 roommates.....and don’t pay child support.  I actually like her.  I hope he RUNS.

..and he looks like leather face, not the mention the domestic violence charge

• Love 13
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

And dust the Virgin-Mary-in-a-Birdcage. I have to say, KIN-zlee’s cuteness has worn off for me after watching her on the playground. And was it my imagination, or the lighting, or did Molly’s sneakers go from black to silver and back to black? Finally, does she really think she looks good in those skin tight neon colored Capri leggings?  

Agreed. It's one thing to stand up for yourself, but this kid is just a brat. 

• Love 11