Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

This makes me sad. My daughter is getting married in a small mostly family ceremony. One of my closest friends isn’t invited because we didn’t extend the guest list to ‘friends of the parents’. But I know I might need an extra set of hands that day (or the week of) to pick things up or decorations etc. so I asked her if she might be willing to help. Her response was ‘Of course!! I assumed I would’. She was surprised I wouldn’t have just assumed she would do whatever she could to help. That’s what friends do. I certainly would for her as well. And she’s not even coming to the wedding. I would think friends  close enough to be in the ceremony would be involved enough in the bride’s life to want to be involved and helpful when they can. 

I realize distance can be an issue. If your bridesmaids don’t live near you it’s impractical for them to help.  

Close friends  want to help each other in their monumental life events. 

You are blessed with such a good friend!  How many guests are invited to this family wedding?  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

You are blessed with such a good friend!  How many guests are invited to this family wedding?  

I really am blessed. The wedding will have about 40 people. Nearly everyone is family plus a few of the bride and groom’ very closest friends. Financially that’s what was feasible. 

• Love 4
On 11/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, Drogo said:

She didn't walk into that party to confront anyone about anything - she expressed concern to her friend and her friend sold her out.  And I bet David was just recycling trashtalk he'd heard Evelyn say before.

I agree.  Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t David the one who started the awkward conversation by calling out Mikayla for not making him feel welcome?  He totally put her on blast in front of everyone.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Glamour Magazine is hardly an etiquette touchstone.  

PLEEEZE!   People should take whatever hints they can get in the way of polite and kind behavior--entertaining or otherwise.   There's a dearth of etiquette/etc. everywhere and not everyone has heard of Emily Post.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

PLEEEZE!   People should take whatever hints they can get in the way of polite and kind behavior--entertaining or otherwise.   There's a dearth of etiquette/etc. everywhere and not everyone has heard of Emily Post.

Glamour magazine must have a copy of Emily Post because Post  also says that’s it’s nice if possible for bridemaids to help wherever they can, specifically things like addressing invitations. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Post  also says that’s it’s nice if possible for bridemaids to help wherever they can, specifically things like addressing invitations. 

It's just common sense, no matter where it comes from, isn't it?  If you need help, ask.  (Of course Evelyn will never ask for the help she really needs. . . .)  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Quof said:

Nope. Never.  

Um, yes it is. You can ask your bridesmaids to help out with things. I know tons of people who have all their bridesmaids get together to put together favors or do other projects for the wedding. They don't have to say yes, but it is perfectly acceptable to ask. I know some that have helped with invites too and had little jobs the day of the wedding. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Fun fact:  Nobody in real life will talk to me anymore because I can't help but preface every statement, observation or insight with the words "fun fact." 

I hope you're using the appropriate sarcastic/superior Princess tone.

• Love 4

Oh for goodness sake I asked my maid of honour for help with some very minor details for the wedding. She has her own business and I worked hard to help her whenever I could. Why is asking for some help with wedding plans considered pretty princess? I helped plenty of times with many things through my friendship with my friends because I was excited and happy and wanted to help. It is called being a good friend. Evelyn is a rude little snot but I am tired of the trend of everyone hating on the bride that wants bridesmaids to wear matching dresses (within reason of course) and help out for a few hours, friendship means that sometimes you wear the ugly dress help out and smile. I would do the same and would be happy to be included. As a disclaimer I asked for recommendations for bakers as her sister had recently been married and she may have great vendor recommendations.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5

I binged all of this season's episodes.  

I'm amazed that people who are basically broke like David and Josh really think it makes sense to get married; neither of these men are twenty somethings just out of college, David is nearly fifty and Josh is probably close to forty.  It's interesting that both men found wives in the Third World, where being a white American male means something, even if they don't have a pot to piss in.

I feel sorry for Olivia, Molly's oldest daughter , she has a world weary look about her, she's seen this happen more than once with her mother.  Kensley, on the other hand, doesn't quite have that look, though she's getting there, because she threw up her boundaries with Luis.  If Molly continues her behavior, she will. I think about Kim Zolciak's (from Real Housewives of Atlanta) children.  Her two older daughters have different fathers, then she hooked up with a married man and was with him for years; now she's married to a former pro football player and together they have four children.  Kim's older girls seem more world weary compared to her younger children, who all have the same mom and dad and haven't seen their mother used by some rich married guy.  I also don't think Luis was babysitting Kensley alone, the babysitter probably didn't want to be on camera.  Remember, you can't be on one of these shows unless you sign a release.

I think it's bad that May called Azan "daddy," that was just wrong.  I get that her bio dad isn't in her life, but how long with Azan be in Nicole's life?

As I'm reading these pages, something else jumped out at me.  I wonder if people from other countries are as distrustful of people as we, Americans are.  People seem to feel that Luis is a child molester; Andrei is going to beat up Elizabeth; and David Spain is too angry, etc.  Not to get political, but I wonder if that's why we Americans are so into guns; we're primed from birth to be scared to death of each other.  

• Love 8

Judge Judy just had a case on her show where her young 8 year old daughter told her school about an incident at home.  Judge Judy jumped all over the mother of the little girl for being an unprotective mother.  I thought of Kensley immediately.

Poor kid.  I surely hope somebody is watching out for her.  Parents leaving their minor children with boyfriend babysitters should also be charged when something happens to the child.

Mothers are protectors.  We don't bring men into our homes. 

If you want to date...date and get a room.  Only bring him into your young childrens lives when YOU marry him.  Then...buyer beware!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Judge Judy just had a case on her show where her young 8 year old daughter told her school about an incident at home.  Judge Judy jumped all over the mother of the little girl for being an unprotective mother.  I thought of Kensley immediately.

Poor kid.  I surely hope somebody is watching out for her.  Parents leaving their minor children with boyfriend babysitters should also be charged when something happens to the child.

Mothers are protectors.  We don't bring men into our homes. 

If you want to date...date and get a room.  Only bring him into your young childrens lives when YOU marry him.  Then...buyer beware!

And what about single dads? They shouldn't bring a new woman into their children's lives either? I just hate any double standard.

It often does make sense for someone without money to marry. Then at least you've got 2 incomes instead of just one.

• Love 2

Regarding the drinks Azan, Nicole, and May had. They sure looked delicious and I wish I knew what they were called. Since May had the same drink, they wouldn't have been anything alcoholic. Here's a fun fact - booze of all kinds is readily available just about anywhere in Morocco, aside from in the medinas or in small towns/villages. Other than that, you can buy it in supermarkets, restaurants and bars/lounges. Here's another fun fact - Morocco produces its own wine and beer! 

I have no issue with parents of either gender bringing a new person into their lives, children's lives, and homes IF the relationship is solid, and has been established over a decent amount of time. My problem with Molly is that she's a flighty idiot. I didn't like Luis's conversation with the youngest girl regarding him being her father, definitely wrong on his part. That's a shame because Kensely really seemed to like him at first. Still, I'd hate to label him a pedophile over handful of televised moments. I realize this forum is for snarking, but implying that someone is a child molester with no accusation or any evidence is heading into dangerous waters. If I had a few snippets of my life on film, I'm certain people could jump to all kinds of conclusions about me as well, that probably applies to many of us, though I'd never dream of saying something so stupid and inconsiderate to such a young child. As far as the whole bedroom conversation went, I thought that maybe Kensely had been sleeping in Molly's room, and Molly said something to Luis about it. 

One last thing, parents, all parents need to be protectors of their children, girls and boys. Just wanted to add that because my boyfriend was the victim of a pedophile. The man was married, seemed like a nice guy and "helped" my boyfriends mother (who was a single parent) out by taking him to hockey games, looking after him. and so on. He gained the family's trust and no one suspected. In those days, there was little to no education about boys being victimized and there was still a huge stigma about homosexuality (and no, the perps in who go after boys are not gay, they are pedophiles btw),then which of course, helped to silence the victims. It's something I never gave much thought to until my boyfriend disclosed to me. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
spelling error
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Still, I'd hate to label him a pedophile over handful of televised moments. I realize this forum is for snarking, but implying that someone is a child molester with no accusation

I've been off for a bit...has he been accused of pedophilia?  Whenever I read of a boyfriend on the scene I am actually more concerned about beatings, tortures, murder, etc. (I read that on DailyMail all the time....99.99% it's the boyfriend) and mother is a fool.  

• Love 2

So I am from Georgia as well, about an hour-ish north of Woodstock (where Molly lives) and I have a full on southern accent but I will tell all of you this, she absolutely exaggerates her accent. The baby talk BS doesn't help at all but she sounds like a podunk hillbilly. A lot of people from the area she lives in don't speak with much of a southern accent as it is the outlying area of Atlanta and ATL is mostly transplants. I am far enough away from her area that we do speak a little hillbilly-ish but hearing her accent annoyed me to no ends. Her dad sounded more along the lines of what we sound like. She needs to stop that mess because she sounds ridiculous.

Sorry for the long post.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I've been off for a bit...has he been accused of pedophilia?  Whenever I read of a boyfriend on the scene I am actually more concerned about beatings, tortures, murder, etc. (I read that on DailyMail all the time....99.99% it's the boyfriend) and mother is a fool.  

I have no idea if he's been accused IRL or not. There's just been some speculations and concerns about that here (as far as I know). 

What strikes me is that the Americans don't seem to really know much about the customs, traditions, philosophies, and laws of the country where their perspective mates comes from.  They have little idea of what they are buying into.  It's just ludicrous.  Nicole has NO idea what she's asking for.  She is so clueless. It makes me very concerned for her child.  

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

I have no idea if he's been accused IRL or not. There's just been some speculations and concerns about that here (as far as I know). 

I don't know if people here have come out and said he is a pedophile or not either. If he has been, then that certainly isn't warranted based on what we've seen. What I think some of the posts I've seen have been saying is really more of a criticism of Molly than Louis. How many stories start with "Well my mom moved some guy she didn't really know into the house and then I started being abused". Wise people do what they can to try to avoid situations that could be dangerous. For example, if you are going on a first or second date with some guy you just met, do you go to his house alone or do you go to a restaurant? It is safer to meet a stranger in a more public place. That isn't accusing your date of being a rapist, that's just being smart and safe until you know the person better. We don't know if Luis is a pedophile, but let's face it Neither does Molly. This isn't just a long distance vacation relationship. This is a VERY short long distance vacation relationship. Now he's living in her house with her children and they are supposedly getting married. That is a very unwise decision for lots of reasons, including the safety of her daughters. I don't think saying that is accusing Luis of being a pedophile. That's accusing Molly of being a careless mother. If Molly and Luis had dated for a while and gradually gotten to know each other and the girls had gotten to know him and then he moved in or if they had said 'hey Luis is going to live in an apartment (or a friend's house or whatever) for a little while and take some time to get to know my daughters - and then he moved in, I think the criticism would be less. They would still be living in a situation that is statistically more dangerous for the children, but they would have shown wisdom and maturity in the process which would make it MUCH less likely that it would be a dangerous situation for the girls. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What strikes me is that the Americans don't seem to really know much about the customs, traditions, philosophies, and laws of the country where their perspective mates comes from.

I agree.  They don't know and they sure don't CARE.   These show participants seem to think everything about the foreign countries is subpar and not worth learning about. They assume America is the greatest country in the world because someone on TV told them.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I realize this forum is for snarking, but implying that someone is a child molester with no accusation or any evidence is heading into dangerous waters.

Thanks for saying this, Gigglepuff.  I agree; the poor guy has been brought to another country by an immature older woman who might just want him for rolls in the hay and childcare.  SHE's probably the one who put the daddy-daddy-daddy thought in his head; he'd come to America and be a daddy to her two girls.  He probably has nieces and nephews in his country that he has loved and taken care of.  I see it as language/miscommunication problem.  Molly is an idiot.

P.S.  Sprockets, I love your avatar.   

Sprockets.jpeg

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I'm offended at Evelyn and David calling virginity "purity". They're saying that non-virgins are impure, unclean, dirty.

Well, when Christian-based abstinence-only programs tell young people once you have sex, you're like a piece of gum that's been chewed, are you surprised?

• Love 8

I feel this way:

Nicole is Danielle 2.0

Molly is Danielle 3.0

If you want a hot boy-toy from another country, go for it.  Go to his country, screw his brains out, then go home, but for goodness sake, don't marry him and especially don't bring him to your house where you live with your minor children.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I feel this way:

Nicole is Danielle 2.0

Molly is Danielle 3.0

If you want a hot boy-toy from another country, go for it.  Go to his country, screw his brains out, then go home, but for goodness sake, don't marry him and especially don't bring him to your house where you live with your minor children.  

I just wanted to say I missed your posts here, I'm glad to see you again! I forget what other show forums I've seen you in, but I always appreciate your voice.  

• Love 4

Hi all.  We're considering scaling back our cable and getting some sort of streaming service (Hulu, Sling, whatever).  Does anybody here do this and what service do you use?  I don't want to give up 90 DF.  Thanks.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I realize this forum is for snarking, but implying that someone is a child molester with no accusation or any evidence is heading into dangerous waters. 

Luis may be the most harmless guy in the world.  But common sense alone should inform Molly that you don't bring a strange man into a home where he will have unsupervised access and control over two young and vulnerable children.

I don't care if he's the Pope, you don't do it.    

Edited by millennium
  • Love 13

This is why I stay up late on Sundays:

• Fun fact: Meeting Family Elizabeth is not the main purpose of Andrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrei’s life. Forbiddidding her to do things is.
  • “'Who’s Annie?' she said. And Annie looked the other way.” Well, actually David Poor tried to make Daughter David Poor look the other way by shoving Annie’s hand out of frame. That's a sign of good things to come. 
  • ”There is salami.” I love that high on Molly's wedding planning checklist is picking out cheeses. Because that would be high on mine.
  • Aika's alien eyes. Even though Josh wants her to have dog eyes.
Edited by Mercolleen
  • Love 17

On top of everything else, David Poor is an alcoholic . Run Annie Run!

Evelyn doesn't understand the word compromise because it interferes with her pretty pink princess wedding.  

Ugh, did anyone catch all the cigarette butts in the sand where May was playing? Oh nicole, we actually have fresh markets in the US. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Why is Luis "proposing" to Molly?  Don't you already need the proposal to get the K-1 visa?

The K1 SHOULD be used for planning the wedding after one has proposed. You meet, date, get to know each other, become engaged, apply for the visa, then have 90 days for the wedding. Most of these people seem to use it as a "getting to know you"period. I have issues with that.

So, uh, there are zero fresh markets in Florida? Oh, Nicole. 

• Love 8