Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 10/23/2017 at 10:54 AM, Sprockets said:

True.  He will have to surrender his passport while the application is being processed.  

Exactly.  I found her insistence that her daughters participate in and even rejoice in the arrival of a stranger to be gruesome.  The youngest cannot know why she should be so happy, and the eldest certainly isn't pleased.  Molly requires everyone to be at her party, all the time.  

I loved it when these idiots wax on about how their daughters are their priorities.  Then dismiss any legitimate concerns they have so they can get laid.

Meanwhile,  if she wanted a Luis, it doesn't seem like a Luis would be that difficult to get in America.  I mean, he's 'no prize in the looks department.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not for nothing, but Luis being Dominican doesn't make him more likely to abuse Molly's girls. Unemployed uncle who lives with them could pose just as great a danger.

I have a young friend from Moldova, and she goes there with her mother every other summer or so. Drinking is a part of the culture, at least where she's from. As young as 14 she was allowed to drink too. I was certainly unnerved when I saw pictures of her with her cousins, all young teens, all drunk. "oh, I'm tipsy there!" she giggles. Anecdotal, I know. But a quick Google search shows lots of articles with titles like "Study Reveals Moldovans to be World's Biggest Drinkers". Elizabeth is going to have some trouble, I think.

@Pepper Mostly, the only reason I mentioned Luis's nationality was as a descriptor.  Sometimes I personally can't keep the fiances straight.

I would NEVER paint a group or an entire nationality as child abusers! Sweeping generalizations are anathema to me.   (And, as a matter of fact, my fieldwork is concentrated in Washington Heights, NYC, where I give my best to the many decent, hardworking Dominicans who live and work there.) 

In that vein, also, I described Andrei as a drunk because of what I observed about him via Skype and photos.  I know nothing about Moldovans but I described him as a Moldovan-via-Ireland, again, as a descriptor.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

@orangeiguana:  I share your history; we are sisters in that way.

I've also seen it written above that since Brother Molly is in the house, the kids will be safer.  What people don't always realize is that - according to surveys - child sexual abuse is most often perpetrated by someone who lives in the home.  One report I just looked at said that 89% of children being sexually abused are suffering that at the hands of a person who lives in their house!!!!  As someone who was sexually abused for 12 years, I can assure you that strange men were not just wandering in off the street to molest me.

We're looking at Luis; no one has mentioned the possibility that the reason Olivia is so angry is that she's already being abused.  

Having said that, I am becoming uncomfortable with the speculation here on an internet site that either one of these men has or will abuse the girls.  The FACTS are enough to deal with.  Molly is acting like a teenager and needs to start acting like a mother who really DOES put her girls first.  IMHO, neither Luis nor Brother Molly should be living in the house.  

I do believe that inviting a stranger (man or woman, any nationality, including Americans) -- whom you've just met and barely know -- to move into your home, is foolhardy and possibly inviting trouble.  When a person such as Molly has two minor daughters in her home, she should make them her first priority. 

@AZ Christian, you are correct that child sexual abuse is most often perpetrated by relatives,  or other people living in the same home, or other trusted authority figures.  A disproportionate number of runaway, homeless teens live on the streets of big US cities because their home situations were intolerable and dangerous.  In my opinion, the runaway-for-cause situation is a national epidemic and a moral disgrace.

My original post was not meant as a slam against Dominicans or Moldovans, nor was it meant as a treatise on child abuse.  I thought a sister poster was having a hard time (one exchange between her and another poster has been deleted) and I tried to be of comfort.

As a rule, I don't try to respond to criticisms of my posts because everyone is entitled to her opinions and observations.  In this case, however, I believe my post was seriously misconstrued, and I wanted to clarify.  I will try to be more careful in how I word my opinions, too.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I am also not understanding Azan's deal. He doesn't seem to like Nicole at all, he is not getting paid and the look on his face was like "what have I gotten myself into" when Nicole said her dad would sponsor him. The way he shows off and is proud of Morrocco seems like he enjoys it there and is not exactly itching to get out of there. 

I'm starting to wonder if he's gay and hoping that this ruse will make his family not question his sexuality and he picked the most impoverished woman he could find thinking it wouldn't go anywhere.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I am also not understanding Azan's deal. He doesn't seem to like Nicole at all, he is not getting paid and the look on his face was like "what have I gotten myself into" when Nicole said her dad would sponsor him. The way he shows off and is proud of Morrocco seems like he enjoys it there and is not exactly itching to get out of there. 

The only thing I can think of is that his family is pushing him, either because they think he will be more successful in the US or because his marriage might pave a way for them all to come over. My understanding is that Morocco is pretty closed, in terms of people from one class being able to rise to another class. There is way more opportunity in the US. He seems like a decent enough guy, why settle for Nicole who has a ton of baggage and acts like a baby? He also can't be thinking she has money, because he knows she makes almost nothing. I really don't get it. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

The only thing I can think of is that his family is pushing him, either because they think he will be more successful in the US or because his marriage might pave a way for them all to come over. My understanding is that Morocco is pretty closed, in terms of people from one class being able to rise to another class. There is way more opportunity in the US. He seems like a decent enough guy, why settle for Nicole who has a ton of baggage and acts like a baby? He also can't be thinking she has money, because he knows she makes almost nothing. I really don't get it. 

I also think his family is pushing him.  We know Nicole doesn't make much money, but maybe his family hopes they will gain some control over the TLC money once they marry.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

While you have a good point, Evelyn didn't look like she was comfortable staying in her own lane.

This kind of sums up her, in general. Rushing in to a marriage at 18, with a foreigner 9 years her senior, based on Instagram comments is well outside of the typical 18 year old's lane.

The driving is just another part of the whole package.

Edited by Standard Staples
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Evelyn's fiancee could only be more transparent about his what he wants from Evelyn if he were to come out and state it outright. <snip>

She's got a pretty face, but I don't find anything else about her attractive; not her figure and certainly not her personality.

I read this and thought Evelyn has a pretty face?! Then I realized I was thinking about Elizabeth...who..just no.

(I may have to keep notes on who is who if  just having the same first letter of a name as someone else confuses me.) Just me? LOL

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

@Pepper Mostly, the only reason I mentioned Luis's nationality was as a descriptor.  Sometimes I personally can't keep the fiances straight.

I would NEVER paint a group or an entire nationality as child abusers! Sweeping generalizations are anathema to me.   (And, as a matter of fact, my fieldwork is concentrated in Washington Heights, NYC, where I give my best to the many decent, hardworking Dominicans who live and work there.) 

In that vein, also, I described Andrei as a drunk because of what I observed about him via Skype and photos.  I know nothing about Moldovans but I described him as a Moldovan-via-Ireland, again, as a descriptor.

I've got nothing but love for you, @sleekandchic! It didn't seem like you, so I was surprised! I see what you mean and I hope you in your turn aren't upset.

Apparently Moldova has a real alcoholism problem, though, so I think you were right on the money there!

• Love 2

Two things, folks:

• There's no rule against the word "fundies" here.  There is however, a Be Civil to your fellow posters rule.  Keep it in mind.
  • There has been nothing on the show indicating that Molly's daughters have been or are in danger of being abused.  

This thread is for discussion of the episode. 

Both of these discussions have run their course.  Please move on.

• Love 8

I'm watching to see the Nichole and Anzan shit show.   Molly's story may make me watch more.  

I can give Nichole some sort of pass because she is young and stupid.   Molly is over 40 with two kids with different fathers.   She should know better.  You know she will get pregnant by Luis.  I just want to slap sense into her.  I feel for her daughters and chaos Molly subjects on them.  The woman only cares about herself. 

Luis is here for a green card.  I cannot see how he is attracted to her other than her bank account and she is stupid enough to fall for his line.  

Anzan just needs to not have sex with Nichole while she is in Morocco....period.   Or he will become a daddy.  Nichole will see to it. 

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Why can't Evelyn drive herself to the airport either?

She's a horrible driver in general, apparently.  I think the "big city" thing was just an excuse.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, AZChristian said:

Thanks for the edit.  I live in a trailer.  

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Sprockets said:

None of them have basements, of course.  Nothing is perfect.  

I live in an older singlewide.  I'm not offended by "trailer".  Just terms like "trailer trash", and the like.  The owner of our lovely community is more irritable about it than me.  She's trying to distance herself from the other parks in the area that are horrible, and a hot bed for crime.

You can put a single or doublewide on a foundation.  Still doesn't make them safe in tornadoes, but it can be done - I have family that had a basement because they were on a foundation  -you just had to go outside ot get in to the basement.

23 hours ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

I just think it’s a really dangerous mindset. In Evelyn’s situation, she went to Europe specifically to meet David, so I think she probably would’ve proceeded with the k1 process, sex or no sex, because she’s naive and thinks he’s her soulmate.

I too think there’s value in teaching young people to wait until they’re mature enough to have sex, but I think pushing them to wait until they’re married is unrealistic. After I broke my engagement to the king of the douches, I decided I wasn’t waiting anymore because I had no idea when I’d get married and didn’t want to put myself in the same position again of having my judgment compromised about a potential marriage. I didn’t get married until I was 28 and was glad I didn’t feel in a rush anymore. I admit that sex is a dumb thing to rush into a marriage for, but well, young people can be dumb. I sure was. Better to teach them to be safe and smart about sex.

I agree.  Forbidding people from doing something until marriage just encourages sneaking around, or young marriage, and other issues.  My mother told me she'd prefer if I wait, just because it's an intense thing that can give you an emotional bond like nothing else and for that reason, it's worth waiting, but she was realistic, and didn't want me to end up ruining my life over a multitude of issues (pregnancy, disease, small town gossip, etc), so she made sure I was educated, and told me I could ask for birth control without guilt.  And because we had a good discussion and open dialogue,  I didn't wait until marriage, but did wait until I was 18, and I married the guy I lost it to, and my mom was right.  My dad wasn't her first, and she said it was hard when she broke up with that guy, and created some issues for her.

17 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Evelyn and her family end up being so focused on sex that it's gruesome.

I wonder why anyone would think sex was evil.  

Remember Amy and Danny?  His brothers were the worst.  Passing the sex torch?  Horrible people, embarrassing that poor girl like that.  So many of the uber-religious - the ones that shelter themselves from pretty much everything - believe that the outside world is full of evil because others don't believe as they do.  And anything done with anyone outside of their tight circle is evil, and will condemn them to hell.

17 hours ago, Nowhere said:

It's "evil" because they aren't married. Many of the Christians I'm seeing on reality shows are  obsessed with sex. I don't watch the Duggers at all but somebody brought them up in this forum and said that the mother has the editors blur out her knee if it shows on film. Because it's so sexy, I'm guessing? And we all might spontaneously orgasm if we see it? 

The Duggars are a special breed.  They constantly have to cram it in your face how modest they are, and how they have code words when they're in public to force their kids to turn their heads and not look at wicked immoral people.  Michelle had her knees blurred once when she was water skiing in something that looked straight out of Little House.  Their brand of religious extremism insists that you cover up from head to toe, and only look at someone's "countenance".  Anything else is impure and immoral.  However, if your "headship" (your dad or husband) says you can wear pants, etc, then it's OK (and one of the married daughters has been photographed in pants and shorts).  Michelle was a cheerleader, and competitive roller skater, and used to mow the lawn in a bikini.  Then pious Jim Bob came her way, and converted her to his line of thinking because he wanted to "date the hot cheerleader".  He and Michelle wave sex, etc, right in their kids faces, then say "but you can't do that right now!".  It's horrible.  And yes, I know they're not the subject of this show, and that's the last I'll say about it.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The Duggars are a special breed.  They constantly have to cram it in your face how modest they are, and how they have code words when they're in public to force their kids to turn their heads and not look at wicked immoral people. 

I totally agree on the Duggars, however it does seem to me that Evelyn is also cramming her godliness in everyone's face with what a super special virgins she and David are.  She also has that same fundie logic of god will provide.  I would like to see the black and white report on how this providing is done.  There has been no talk of jobs other than the "band" and I  wonder how much demand there is for these religious singers?  It seems like every other religious family has some sort of "band."  Where will she and David live after marriage?  How were they able to be financially approved for the K1 visa?  If you seriously believe god will provide, don't you need to count the healthy body and mind you've been given as the provision and get your butt to work at a job??  Just wondering.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Normades said:

Evelyn is also cramming her godliness in everyone's face with what a super special virgins she and David are.  She also has that same fundie logic of god will provide.  I would like to see the black and white report on how this providing is done.  There has been no talk of jobs other than the "band" and I  wonder how much demand there is for these religious singers?  It seems like every other religious family has some sort of "band."  Where will she and David live after marriage?  How were they able to be financially approved for the K1 visa?  If you seriously believe god will provide, don't you need to count the healthy body and mind you've been given as the provision and get your butt to work at a job??  

Maybe God provided them with a brain they were supposed to actually use to make good decisions.  Evelyn and The Deflowerer simply do not know each other, and there are already intimations that he will be uncomfortable in the fundie fortress, surrounded by bad musicians.  I have no doubt Evelyn's parents sponsored David.  Maybe they will live with the minister after their marriage.  Tht sounds like fun, doesn't it?  

Edited by Sprockets
change needed
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Maybe God provided them with a brain they were supposed to actually use to make good decisions.  Evelyn and The Deflowerer simply do not know each other, and there are already intimations that he will be uncomfortable in the fundie fortress, surrounded by bad musicians.  I have no doubt Evelyn's parents sponsored David.  Maybe they will live with the minister after their marriage.  Tht sounds like fun, doesn't it?  

I don't know which one sounds worse being in the fundie fortress with bad musicians or living with the minister.  Lucky David, he gets to do both!!!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

I don't know which one sounds worse being in the fundie fortress with bad musicians or living with the minister.  Lucky David, he gets to do both!!!

But wait, it's even better.  He gets to do both while not having sex with Evelyn, and then he gets to marry her and have sex with her while she's grinning from ear to ear.  David has stumbled into paradise!  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have a young friend from Moldova, and she goes there with her mother every other summer or so. Drinking is a part of the culture, at least where she's from.

They make good wine there.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

But wait, it's even better.  He gets to do both while not having sex with Evelyn, and then he gets to marry her and have sex with her while she's grinning from ear to ear.  David has stumbled into paradise!  

You’re too funny! It’s all about perspective, is it not? Between the Fundy traveling minstrel show and living in a makeshift apartment for the sake of propriety, anything would be an improvement.  Maybe she’ll stop caterwauling after she finally gets laid.

They seem to be the couple that will be more successful than the other matches  because they share a good amount of values between them. If Davy can knock the corners off Evelyn and bring some maturity to her, then that will help. And they have access to the pastor to counsel them to resolve their differences before the wedding. Evelyn MUST learn to compromise for the health of her marriage, though I give her chops for even having her own opinions and feelings and is allowed them by her family.

As much as I snark on them, my little heart wants them to be happy.   

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Fragments
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe she’ll stop caterwauling after she finally gets laid.

Doubt it.  I'm pretty sure her expectations will not be met.  The act has been invested with far too much significance.  And if David is a virgin too, as claimed, then if she blinks she'll miss the whole thing.  I admire your optimism, but I don't see them having much of a chance at future happiness, mainly because the Family Fundie seem anything but happy behind their robot smiles.  

• Love 7

Been thinking about Olivia's attitude. I grew up with a mom like Molly. She was always taking in what I referred to as "beautiful strangers." She didn't have many friends, wound up running most of them off, but she was constantly meeting new people and becoming obsessed with them. For at least a few weeks/months those new folks could do no wrong. She'd put them up on the highest pedestal possible. During that time, I'd be all but forgotten. Then when they finally failed and disappointed her, as they ultimately always did because nobody could ever remain at the standard in which she placed them, I was there to pick up the pieces and take care of things. 

I can see some of that in Molly and that would definitely put Olivia in a pissy mood. I hated meeting Mom's newest friends and obsessions because I knew what followed. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Doubt it.  I'm pretty sure her expectations will not be met.  The act has been invested with far too much significance.  And if David is a virgin too, as claimed, then if she blinks she'll miss the whole thing.  I admire your optimism, but I don't see them having much of a chance at future happiness, mainly because the Family Fundie seem anything but happy behind their robot smiles.  

True that.  The make-out session that led up to the deed was longer than the actual deed itself.  Neither of us was experienced, lol.  But I knew enough to know that it gets better, and to voice what works for me and what doesn't, etc.  Many sheltered peeps don't have the first clue, and that makes me sad.

• Love 5
On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎23 at 8:02 AM, Kangatush said:

That's the problem with gauges though, once you've gone there, you have them forever, unless you have surgery to close the holes.

Forgive my ignorance - what are the "gauges" that are being discussed here?

• Love 1
On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎23 at 9:35 AM, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

Thanks, me too.

Certainly it can work the other way. I just sort of have a hate-on for purity culture given my experience, and I also think it gave me some hangups that continue to impact me at times in my (very wonderful!) marriage today.

I find purity culture quite disturbing. It teaches girls that their virginity decides their worth as a human being - and that once they don't have it anymore, they're somehow a lesser person ("deflowered"). It may well not be the intent of those that choose to adopt that culture. I'd imagine that for the most part, parents see it as a way of protecting their children - especially daughters. The emphasis is definitely on female virginity. It's exalted as a prize, a gift for her husband - and something to be lost. If you take that line of reasoning further, the message is that a woman who has "lost" her virginity is somehow a less valuable person than one who's still a virgin.

And that's just medieval shite.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Most of us have come to the conclusion that Nicole lives in section 8 housing. When Azan gets to the US, is it OK to move someone into your section 8 apartment? I thought there were rules about that. 

And WTF is Azan going to do all day before he gets a work permit, which I guess takes a while. Sit around in her apartment? Hang with dad? I seriously don't understand why he even wants to be in the US. 

She would definitely have to inform her housing case manager and the case manager would have to decide.

I don't think that room they show Nicole and May in is really where she lives. At all. First, section 8 would not approve something that small as an apartment for a parent and child. Second, it just looks like a motel room. I think, in reality, Nicole and May live w/ Robbalee. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Schadenfreulein said:

If you take that line of reasoning further, the message is that a woman who has "lost" her virginity is somehow a less valuable person than one who's still a virgin.

So well said!  Thank you!  I also am troubled by the idea that a virgin's lack of experience is the measure of her worth.  Most people in medieval times didn't believe this.  They were smarter then.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I totally agree on the Duggars, however it does seem to me that Evelyn is also cramming her godliness in everyone's face with what a super special virgins she and David are.  She also has that same fundie logic of god will provide.  I would like to see the black and white report on how this providing is done. 

A blank stare, a dismissive hand wave and a GoFundieMe account?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Schadenfreulein said:

Forgive my ignorance - what are the "gauges" that are being discussed here?

the ear plugs (can be circular or solid) that fit into the ear lobe.  

23 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

And he hasn't laughed since 2003

LOL LOL 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

That band and her singing are pretty lame.

I can't stand the breathless indie girl voice!   It's been done over and over and over.  She sounds like every new recording artist out there.

And there's something about her that I find so irritating!  I will say her skin is beautiful.  

• Love 5
On 10/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

How can I stop myself from visualizing everything you people post here? Suggestions? There's a limit to how much more Pepsi my keyboard can absorb...

Right?  This forum has some seriously funny people here.  

• Love 4
On 10/23/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

What happens if you get rid of the ear gauges after having them for years?  Do the holes close up, or does it look even worse with the empty holes?  

I saw a guy with weird looking earlobe s. I could not help myself, I asked him if he had gauges at one time. He was in his mid - thirties. Said he had them from late teens to late 20's & it was the biggest mistake he'd ever made, even with surgery, this is the best his earlobes will ever look...and they did not look too good! I personally never understood the fascination with those. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Real4real said:

He has two ex-wives and two kids--is he supporting them?  (My guess is no.). How can he afford to bring his new love to the US, let alone support her in the way she obviously expects when he already has serious obligations?

Oooh I would love for one of his ex-wives to find out he is importing a new wife and file for child support modification.   Then get her hands on the financial forms where he claims his income.    That could be interesting.

As for Molly, Luis will behave himself.   He will be the model husband.   Right up until he gets the conditions on his green card removed.   Then he will split.  Get his citizenship and bring his real wife over.   Because he is totally married back home.   That will be a fun K1.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 5

Elizabeth's girls' night out felt like the opening scene of a Lifetime movie about an abusive relationship. Even if some of the details are being amped up for drama, this whole thing smacks of trouble. Having your man dictate when you can see your own sisters is not being "submissive", it's being controlled, and it's the first step on a road to much worse behavior. Run girl, run!

I'm just rolling my eyes at Evelyn right now because she has obviously led a charmed life and has that teenaged hubris that so many people do. I cringe when I think back at what an insufferable know-it-all I was at that age! She's young, pretty, "talented", and has a ridiculously supportive family, so why should she think that anything could possibly go wrong with her marriage? I have hope for her, once she gains more life experience, but she certainly is annoying at the moment. This storyline reminds me so much of Chelsea and Yamir(?): worries about breaking up the band, fighting about big city vs. small town living, American girl not wanting to leave her family despite the lack of opportunities for her spouse. But at least David can speak English. I read that Chelsea and Yamir are getting divorced, so maybe these two should go watch those episodes and take some notes.

Why are so many people convinced that David is not a virgin? Sure he's in the statistical minority for men his age, but people make the decision to wait for all sorts of personal reasons (in his case, religious) and it really irks me when the knee-jerk reaction is to call that person a liar (I felt the same way about the reaction to Anfisa's admission).

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sprockets said:

This sort of behavior is common throughout Europe.  I was shocked.  

My parents came here from Latvia.  Drinking is common there, at a young age.  My brother, sister, and I were all served Benedictine as kids, it’s the tradition. 

None of us has a problem with alcohol. In fact, we were all brought up with the feeling that it’s ok sometimes, so none of us acted out as teens with alcohol.  It was just the norm to us, nothing extraordinary. 

I think it helped us be normal with teenage urges. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Schadenfreulein said:

I find purity culture quite disturbing. It teaches girls that their virginity decides their worth as a human being - and that once they don't have it anymore, they're somehow a lesser person ("deflowered"). It may well not be the intent of those that choose to adopt that culture. I'd imagine that for the most part, parents see it as a way of protecting their children - especially daughters. The emphasis is definitely on female virginity. It's exalted as a prize, a gift for her husband - and something to be lost. If you take that line of reasoning further, the message is that a woman who has "lost" her virginity is somehow a less valuable person than one who's still a virgin.

I want to like this a million times!!!

i remembered I bought this bracelet from an artist for my niece that had a Bible story in the beads,, because I knew she would like it.  The woman showed me a bracelet that maybe I could buy “when your niece takes her purity pledge”. To which I very respectfully answered (because the lady was nice) “I’d only be for that sort of thing if she decides she wants to do it AND they start to hold the boys to the same standards”.

Evangelical Christians didn’t invent purity culture. In many countries and in other faiths it is expected of both.  They don’t have Stay At Home Daughters waiting at home for a groom to knock on their door. (Google Sarah Maxwell for a journey down that rabbit hole). Women from these countries , they are often encouraged to go to university or learn a trade, if their families can afford it. No need to contemplate screwing around or be desperate, because marriage is part of the social contract. You will definitely get married, by hook or by crook.  If you haven’t met someone at school, then family will help you find a suitable mate. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, AudreyHorne said:

Yes!  I was too self-conscious to say it first.  I'd be all over him!

I think he looks a little Russell Brand-ish, with the center part. Father Evelyn should probably switch to a side part, as it looks to be getting wider.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2017 at 8:40 AM, AZChristian said:

Pierced ears might close up, but gauges . . . probably not. 

This is a picture  of an 18-year-old who did not properly care for her gauges.  It is the kindness of my heart that kept me from just posting the picture.  Look at your own risk.  I'm thinking the plastic surgery to make her earlobe presentable is going to cost a LOT. 

In Kenya I saw many, many guys with huge holes in their ears.  Sometimes the lobes were so stretched out and the holes were so big that they actually touched their shoulders.  When they were working at the restaurants, they would pull the long lobe up around their ears so they weren't dangling.  I don't think I would want to make this type of fashion statement, but it was certainly not uncommon there.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:59 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

I hate Nicole having May call Azan, "Daddy".  As for Azan's reaction, I think it was very embarrassing for him to have loud arguments in public. 

I think it is embarrassing for him to have loud arguments in public that make people turn around and take notice of who he's with.

Azan seems hypersensitive to what strangers may think.   He's almost having a full-blown anxiety attack about walking down the street with a toddler on a leash.   Can you imagine how he must feel about being seen with Nicole?   I'm surprised his glasses don't have a fake nose and mustache attached to them.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 15
On 10/22/2017 at 11:13 PM, annewithaneee said:

Thanks to Evelyn’s dad, I now have an answer to the question I never knew I had: What if Dave Grohl went all fundie?

But then my favorite song might have been called "Evel-long."

• Love 4