Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

We've lived in AZ for over 30 years and never had a basement.  Don't miss it at all.

Think of all the clutter and junk you don't have space for, lucky you, seriously.

6 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It might happen as I am pretty sure Luis started to say he sad to leave his "wife or woman in the DR" (there was a definite "w" sound) before catching himself and saying, "family". 

You caught that too!!! I thought it was very telling.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

The problem is that when you get married, you have to be ready to make compromises, particularly if you marry someone from a very different background or culture. Evelyn is hell bent on getting married, so be better get ready to be hell bent on some compromise. I don't think it is selfish of David to mention he might want to move somewhere else. He didn't say he wants to do it tomorrow. Maybe it is all part of a five-year plan. This would be reasonable. 

Is it just me or did I catch a whiff of condescension when Father Evelyn said that he wondered how it would be for David in New England since Spanish culture is so different. What drives me crazy about all these American spouses is that they expect the spouse to compromise on EVERYTHING. When my husband moved here from Germany, I did everything I could to ease his transition and incorporate elements of his culture into our family habits and traditions. . I even pushed him to go home for a month before he started his new job. He had been here for six months and I was so happy he could go home and reconnect with his family before the job started. It surprised me too when Father Evelyn asked David if he was ok with not being able to go home for a long time. Dude, are they planning on holding him hostage? Planes go back and forth every day. Once he has his green card, he can travel. It's like he is joining a cult...the cult of Evelyn and her overbearing family. 

I actually thought Evelyn's Dad was very cool with David, maybe too cool IMHO.  I have a 17 year old daughter and I would be WAY more suspicious of a 27 year old guy coming from another country (or from across town for that matter) to marry her.  

I definitely agree about compromises.  But, since one of them was going to have to move away (and I don't know that David offered to bring Evelyn to live in Spain) I don't think it is necessary that both of them leave their homes and families.  I could see him talking about moving if he spent some time in NH, and found it too cold and boring.  But he seems to have had plans of moving her to somewhere South Beach, from the beginning.  I was surprisingly (though cautiously) positive about their relationship until I heard that but that seemed like at least a yellow flag.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm hoping Luis will show his true colors quickly and Molly will go to Olivia for emotional support, which will make their mother-daughter relationship stronger.    It might happen as I am pretty sure Luis started to say he sad to leave his "wife or woman in the DR" (there was a definite "w" sound) before catching himself and saying, "family".   

I think you are right about Luis showing his true colors quickly -- as soon as he steps foot on U.S. soil in fact. 

I think Molly will go to Olivia for emotional support, and Olivia will forgive her mother. But then Molly will probably forgive Luis and marry him anyway, and Olivia will feel even more betrayed.

When Molly marches down the aisle, Olivia's ears will be ringing with all the dirt her mother spilled on him during the moments when she was hurt by him.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I think this is the most boring plot line ever.  I could not care less if they screw like rabbits.  From my perspective, she is just wrong on every level, and annoying as hell in the bargain.  Whether she maintains her virginity, and how she does it, is of zero interest to anyone but her.  The fact that her parents are fine with her getting married, fine with her driving dangerously, and apparently have convinced her she has a career in singing - all of those things are so unacceptable that blow jobs at the family dinner table would seem harmless by comparison.  

I think you are 100% right about all of this!

I think some guys are obsessed with going where no man has gone before. And, it's a quality they prize highly in a wife.

A good virgin is hard to find nowadays.

He should be asking himself, "Is she a selfish biatch?" Instead of, "Can she catch unicorns?"

• Love 9
Just now, CoachWristletJen said:

I think you are right about Luis showing his true colors quickly -- as soon as he steps foot on U.S. soil in fact. 

I think Molly will go to Olivia for emotional support, and Olivia will forgive her mother. But then Molly will probably forgive Luis and marry him anyway, and Olivia will feel even more betrayed.

When Molly marches down the aisle, Olivia's ears will be ringing with all the dirt her mother spilled on him during the moments when she was hurt by him.

That is definitely one scenario, but I am hoping it won't come to that.  Between Olivia and her father talking Luis down, and her unemployed brother hanging around the house to spy on Luis, I think there is a solid chance Molly won't go through with it.  I think the key might be Molly's makeup artist.  If he tells her to dump Luis, she might listen. :)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Seriously, I feel bad about the trailer comment. 

No problem.  Your original edit was appreciated, but the happiness of my life is not dependent upon the opinion of people I've never met.

• Love 10
Just now, AZChristian said:

No problem.  Your original edit was appreciated, but the happiness of my life is not dependent upon the opinion of people I've never met.

Oh, I know. I just don't like to cross that fine line between snarky and jerky.

A girl's gotta have her standards.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

A good virgin is hard to find nowadays.

Yes, most of them have been sacrificed to volcano gods.  I wish that had happened to Evelyn.  I also hope the insufferable bitch never enjoys sex, and I hope that isn't petty of me, but I'm allowed to be petty now and then.  

• Love 4

If you make a broad and unflattering generalization about a group of people and someone civilly expresses their dislike of it-- they are not being 'rude' or 'judgmental' or 'extremely sensitive.'   And if offending them makes you feel bad, you should probably think before making broad generalizations again in the future.

Some of our posters are walking a fine line into uncivil territory.  Let's bring it back to the show and respectful conversation.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It is not just you.  I meantioned it above.  Spain is not a third world country, and Father Evelyn only displays his idiocy with that remark.  

I am on Dave Grohl Jesus Father Evelyn’s side here. I took his comment the OPPOSITE interpretation of you all. I felt he meant that where he came from in Spain is so much more happening, liberal, urban, warm, and beautiful...... and cold, Puritan, rural Yankee Claremont NH in New England with 30 below zero is crazy different . 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Sprockets said:

He has Bad News written all over him.  And so does his certainly-a-whore fiance.  He has admitted he has made a lot of mistakes in life.  This is just one more.  

And the gauges. Yuck!  Isn't he to old for gauges?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I believe Evelyn mentioned that she wasn't comfortable driving in big cities.  That is pretty common for young drivers from smaller towns.

And if they were going to Logan, I don't blame her for not wanting to drive.  We spent a couple of days in Boston; my sharpest memory is that traffic is a nightmare, and red lights are considered only a suggestion.

New Englander here :) Yes, actually driving in the city of Boston can be a little complicated and stressful, but once you get on the Interstate you're good to go.  Judging from all the people honking at her and her dad having to tell her that there's a car next to her, Evelyn seemed to be changing lanes without looking and wandering all over the road.  She's a bad driver all the way around, not just a poor city driver.  David looked super thrilled to be there (sarcasm).  Like, I just gave up family, friends, and a wonderful life in a diverse city to move to this tiny, white-bread town 3 hours from anything fun.  Evelyn shot him down real quick when he suggested moving to a warmer climate and big city.  She's going to have him on a tight leash.  Good luck bro.

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 20
53 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

The problem is that when you get married, you have to be ready to make compromises, particularly if you marry someone from a very different background or culture. Evelyn is hell bent on getting married, so be better get ready to be hell bent on some compromise. I don't think it is selfish of David to mention he might want to move somewhere else. He didn't say he wants to do it tomorrow. Maybe it is all part of a five-year plan. This would be reasonable. 

Is it just me or did I catch a whiff of condescension when Father Evelyn said that he wondered how it would be for David in New England since Spanish culture is so different. What drives me crazy about all these American spouses is that they expect the spouse to compromise on EVERYTHING. When my husband moved here from Germany, I did everything I could to ease his transition and incorporate elements of his culture into our family habits and traditions. . I even pushed him to go home for a month before he started his new job. He had been here for six months and I was so happy he could go home and reconnect with his family before the job started. It surprised me too when Father Evelyn asked David if he was ok with not being able to go home for a long time. Dude, are they planning on holding him hostage? Planes go back and forth every day. Once he has his green card, he can travel. It's like he is joining a cult...the cult of Evelyn and her overbearing family. 

He can’t go home for a long time. Because of the visa there will be months he is technically ‘held hostage’ because he can’t leave the country unless he doesn’t want to come back. 

• Love 2

I think it'll be interesting to see how much further Olivia participates in filming. Her walk-off, and the fact that Molly's obligatory "meeting with people to talk about her relationship" scenes afterward were completely Olivia-free, makes me think that being on the show is a not-insignificant part of why she's pissed off about all of this. If so, I totally get it. Also, totally on her side for the whole being late thing. Luis can handle being at the airport for a little while! I'm guessing it has something to do with filming logistics, but it was incredibly frustrating for me to watch this grown ass woman apparently unable to get herself to the airport without her teen daughter as chauffeur. There were a million ways to solve that problem, the most obvious one being just getting a Lyft/Uber, and having Olivia meet them there (or, even better, realizing that your reunion and all that long-distance-fueled horniness is probably best handled without your kid there).

• Love 21
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

He can’t go home for a long time. Because of the visa there will be months he is technically ‘held hostage’ because he can’t leave the country unless he doesn’t want to come back. 

True.  He will have to surrender his passport while the application is being processed.  

1 minute ago, annewithaneee said:

or, even better, realizing that your reunion and all that long-distance-fueled horniness is probably best handled without your kid there).

Exactly.  I found her insistence that her daughters participate in and even rejoice in the arrival of a stranger to be gruesome.  The youngest cannot know why she should be so happy, and the eldest certainly isn't pleased.  Molly requires everyone to be at her party, all the time.  

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Your post made me start thinking about the time of the great immigration into the US by Europeans in the late1800"s -early 1900's. My fraternal grandparents were German, my maternal grandparents were Polish. (Both couples immigrated first, then met and married). So, my German father (born here), married my Polish mother (also born here). Both of them grew up in very traditional families (my father's family spoke German at home, but the kids all spoke English outside of the home, likewise with my mother's family and Polish). In both families, their respective cultural roots were maintained at some level.

So, we're talking about two people whose origins were in two different cultures, yet they married, and through compromise, managed to blend those two cultures together. My parents had a "traditional" marriage (for the times - my father was the breadwinner and my mother was a SAHM), but I distinctly recall both our German and Polish cultural heritage being expressed through food. I remember my mother making some German dishes my father favored, and telling me she was taught to make these dishes by her MIL. She also made some traditional Polish dishes, which my father learned to appreciate. Of course, traditional "American" food was also part of her repertoire.

IOW, neither of my parents tried to make their cultural roots dominate the marriage. There was respect and appreciation for both the German side and the Polish side, and they tried to incorporate their different cultures as much as possible in raising me, and my older brother and sister.

I realize my situation is different in that both of my parents were born here, but still - it seems to me this mindset should be applied to these couples as well. When people of different cultures come together, it's imperative on both to learn as much as possible about their partner's culture, traditions, and upbringing, and learn to understand and appreciate the differences. I don't like the vibe that I get from some of these people (unstated): "Well, this is America and of course our way of doing things is the BESTEST in all the world, so YOU need to abandon YOUR culture and do things OUR way." Like I said, this is unstated but it's implied by the way many of the Americans seem to think all the compromises that need to be made should be the responsibility of the foreigner. Nope. That's not how to build a strong relationship at all.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Corrected "who's" to "whose"
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I know. I imported my husband and went through a similar process, but we kind of asked for forgiveness rather than permission. Anyhoo, David should be able to travel in about 6 months. I felt like Father Evelyn made it sound like it would be many years before David could travel back home. Clearly, your mileage varies, but that was my impression. I feel like they want to suck David into their family vortex and make him one of theirs.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

That's the problem with gauges though, once you've gone there, you have them forever, unless you have surgery to close the holes.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

In the brief scene at the end I was actually not horrified with Nicole's advice to Azan about May suggesting that just because May demands things you don't have to give in and tell him that he shouldn't be yanking her arm like he was doing. An average teenage babysitter knows those things but I was surprised Nicole did. May was also much calmer and when she was wearing her backpack tether, so it could be something she feels safe in, particularly in a place that has so much going on so Azan should have sucker it up even if some people were staring at him.

Nicole is going to regret bringing May on this trip (if she doesn't already). Obviously she is not used to taking care of her 24 hours a day without Mom's help.  May is going to cramp her style trying to get private moments with Azan.  OTOH, Azan may be happy May is there to avoid that situation. Nicole was only thinking about the Kodak moment of May meeting Azan and calling him "Daddy" and nothing beyond that.  The threesome is definitely getting noticed while out and about.  May should have stayed at home...she is too young to get anything from this trip.  It's not like she is going to get much attention from Nicole. She'll probably ask producers to babysit.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks for the edit.  I live in a trailer.  

I did too and I loved it.  Would do it again in a heartbeat...but hubby isn't into it. 

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

It is not just you.  I meantioned it above.  Spain is not a third world country, and Father Evelyn only displays his idiocy with that remark.  

I didn't perceive it that way...only that things are different, which of course they are.  

• Love 3

I think this is the most boring plot line ever.  I could not care less if they screw like rabbits.  From my perspective, she is just wrong on every level, and annoying as hell in the bargain.  Whether she maintains her virginity, and how she does it, is of zero interest to anyone but her.  The fact that her parents are fine with her getting married, fine with her driving dangerously, and apparently have convinced her she has a career in singing - all of those things are so unacceptable that blow jobs at the family dinner table would seem harmless by comparison.  

How can I stop myself from visualizing everything you people post here? Suggestions? There's a limit to how much more Pepsi my keyboard can absorb...

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 12

LOL.

1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I get carried away sometimes... ironically, it's a people pleasing thing.

Don't feel bad.  You've posted tons of comments and it's obvious that you are not a meanie!  It was a joke, that's all.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I was sitting next to a young lady with piercings and the topic of gauges came up.  She had tried them, but stopped.  However, she did say that if you don't take care of the holes they STINK.  So let's all let that sink in for a while.   

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

What happens if you get rid of the ear gauges after having them for years?  Do the holes close up, or does it look even worse with the empty holes?  

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I was sitting next to a young lady with piercings and the topic of gauges came up.  She had tried them, but stopped.  However, she did say that if you don't take care of the holes they STINK.  So let's all let that sink in for a while.   

Oh, I can smell Pole and Josh through my TV. No imagination needed. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

I think it'll be interesting to see how much further Olivia participates in filming. Her walk-off, and the fact that Molly's obligatory "meeting with people to talk about her relationship" scenes afterward were completely Olivia-free, makes me think that being on the show is a not-insignificant part of why she's pissed off about all of this. If so, I totally get it. Also, totally on her side for the whole being late thing. Luis can handle being at the airport for a little while! I'm guessing it has something to do with filming logistics, but it was incredibly frustrating for me to watch this grown ass woman apparently unable to get herself to the airport without her teen daughter as chauffeur. There were a million ways to solve that problem, the most obvious one being just getting a Lyft/Uber, and having Olivia meet them there (or, even better, realizing that your reunion and all that long-distance-fueled horniness is probably best handled without your kid there).

I was surprised that both Evelyn and Molly were running late to the airport.

a) They are both so thirsty (as my teenagers put it) for their future husbands(?), I would have thought they would have arrived hours early.

b) I would think the production crew would keep them on schedule.

This makes me think the lateness to the airport is manufactured drama on the part of the production crew. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

I imported my husband and went through a similar process,

I imported mine from England, but since his employer was requesting his presence in the US it was a little different.  They still held his passport for a while during the application process.  And it was still a gruelling ordeal.  

• Love 3

Family Evelyn is so weird. I want to slap that shit eating grin Evelyn always has plastered on her face. 

Molly- Her daughter is pissed because as her daughter said, this isn't the first time Molly has moved a man in to the house without considering her girls first. She has been down this road before. Molly has the nerve to say her daughter's always come first. No, bitch, they don't. Not even close. 

Elizabeth- shallow comment here, she needs to stop with the bright red/pink lipstick. Her lips are wonky shaped, no need to emphasize that. It's all I can see when she talks. Take a cue from your sisters and tone it down. 

Nicole- my heart breaks for beautiful little May. What chance does she have in life?  I can see why Nicole's mother is worried sick about her. I don't think Azan has a single plan to move to the U.S. He lucked out getting a few season's paycheck from BRAVO and wants to ride the wave for as long as it lasts while keeping his ass planted right there in Morocco. 

Arizona guy- I can't wait to see how his gold digger is going to react when she see's he doesn't even have a home of his own and not even a pot to piss in. 

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

What happens if you get rid of the ear gauges after having them for years?  Do the holes close up, or does it look even worse with the empty holes?  

Pierced ears might close up, but gauges . . . probably not. 

This is a picture  of an 18-year-old who did not properly care for her gauges.  It is the kindness of my heart that kept me from just posting the picture.  Look at your own risk.  I'm thinking the plastic surgery to make her earlobe presentable is going to cost a LOT. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Elizabeth wanting to be "submissive" is curious. Is she obsessed with 50 Shades? Is she one of the women who are turned on by the red pill nutbars? Her family are some sort of Quiverfull Duggar-esque group, maybe feminine submission is a virtue sought after. Sure, her sisters were trying to talk her off the ledge. But women who are part of groups like these love to proclaim that they are strong, independent women who choose to allow themselves to be led by their menfolk. I have to say I like the 50 Shades explanation better though. Just for the yuks.

I don’t get the impression that she wants or enjoys being submissive but rather that she is so obsessed with this guy that she’ll do anything to be with him. She’s one of these naive, insecure young girls who is desperate to be in a relationship, and Andrrrei being a sexy mysterious (in her mind) European increases his appeal and her desperation. He could probably start doing all kinds of shitty abusive things and she’d stay with him.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

But it's ok if she gets mad and shoves you out of the way. Somebody should have been yelling at this blob of shit a long time ago.

Can't believe I'm actually saying this towards another female but Azan will be the one to keep her in line. Or at least stand up to her. I yelled at my tv when Nicole had the audacity to school Azan on not giving Mae her way just because she wants something. Like your parents should be doing to you right NOW, Nicole?  

• Love 8

The whole purity culture is disturbing to me, particularly as someone who grew up to believe I shouldn’t have sex until marriage. I ended up engaged at 22 to an abusive man. He didn’t become overtly abusive until after the engagement although there were red flags before, but “having” to wait for marriage to have sex caused me to ignore them and forge ahead. 

I don’t think no sex til marriage is the only driving force for Evelyn to do the K1, as that’s one of the only ways for her and David to be consistently together rather than doing a long distance relationship. But I think, as many other posters have said, that the sex is a big part of that, and it makes me sad given the experience I had.

Edit: I should clarify that I did NOT marry the guy. Dodged a bullet there.

Edited by SmashleyMcSlayin
Clarification
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Molly- Her daughter is pissed because as her daughter said, this isn't the first time Molly has moved a man in to the house without considering her girls first. She has been down this road before. Molly has the nerve to say her daughter's always come first. No, bitch, they don't. Not even close. 

As a general rule, if someone has to say they put their kids first, they probably don't. Actions speak louder than words.  

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

New Englander here :) Yes, actually driving in the city of Boston can be a little complicated and stressful, but once you get on the Interstate you're good to go.  Judging from all the people honking at her and her dad having to tell her that there's a car next to her, Evelyn seemed to be changing lanes without looking and wandering all over the road.  She's a bad driver all the way around, not just a poor city driver.  David looked super thrilled to be there (sarcasm).  Like, I just gave up family, friends, and a wonderful life in a diverse city to move to this tiny, white-bread town 3 hours from anything fun.  Evelyn shot him down real quick when he suggested moving to a warmer climate and big city.  She's going to have him on a tight leash.  Good luck bro.

Evelyn's driving seemed completely consistent with her personality. Other cars were honking at her most likely because she was putting their safety in jeopardy, and Evelyn was just rolling along, oblivious and obviously quite pleased with herself. 

Am I wrong or did she tell her dad to "stop sweating"? Control your perspiration output, dad! Seriously, Dad should have made bratty daughter pull over and done the rest of the driving himself; let the two lovebirds sit in the back.  

She needs to practice on roads that aren't so busy.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Family Evelyn is so weird. I want to slap that shit eating grin Evelyn always has plastered on her face. 

Elizabeth- shallow comment here, she needs to stop with the bright red/pink lipstick. Her lips are wonky shaped, no need to emphasize that. It's all I can see when she talks. Take a cue from your sisters and tone it down. 

Nicole- my heart breaks for beautiful little May. What chance does she have in life?  I can see why Nicole's mother is worried sick about her. I don't think Azan has a single plan to move to the U.S. He lucked out getting a few season's paycheck from BRAVO and wants to ride the wave for as long as it lasts while keeping his ass planted right there in Morocco. 

Arizona guy- I can't wait to see how his gold digger is going to react when she see's he doesn't even have a home of his own and not even a pot to piss in. 

For real. The lips are weird, she could fake the cupids bow with a little liner but now her lips look like Mr. BIll's mouth. 

A lot of these men, (like the one who keeps borrowing from his friend) have little or no money but feel entitled to shop for a human being overseas. Maybe American women make them feel emasculated because of their financial situations and the green card brides really need them and they feel like a hero for "saving" them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am on Dave Grohl Jesus Father Evelyn’s side here. I took his comment the OPPOSITE interpretation of you all. I felt he meant that where he came from in Spain is so much more happening, liberal, urban, warm, and beautiful...... and cold, Puritan, rural Yankee Claremont NH in New England with 30 below zero is crazy different . 

I looked it up--its near the Vermont border, small town of about 13,000 people, doesn't seem to be near any cities of any size. Good luck, David.

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

I know. I imported my husband and went through a similar process, but we kind of asked for forgiveness rather than permission. Anyhoo, David should be able to travel in about 6 months. I felt like Father Evelyn made it sound like it would be many years before David could travel back home. Clearly, your mileage varies, but that was my impression. I feel like they want to suck David into their family vortex and make him one of theirs.

David will be expected to earn his keep humping speakers and lugging gear for the family band. No time off for roadies!

35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I kept thinking she needs a makeup application class. She doesn't apply her lipstick properly, she glops it on, like a little girl would. She smushes too much into the corners of her mouth and it gets all smeary. It doesn't look like she follows the actual shape of her mouth. It is disconcerting. She is unusual looking but she could play up her assets more. She doesn't seem to know how to do that.

5 minutes ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

The whole purity culture is disturbing to me, particularly as someone who grew up to believe I shouldn’t have sex until marriage. I ended up engaged at 22 to an abusive man. He didn’t become overtly abusive until after the engagement although there were red flags before, but “having” to wait for marriage to have sex caused me to ignore them and forge ahead. 

I'm so sorry that happened to you, and good for you for getting out of that situation. It can't have been easy. I do think that Evelyn's hormones are screaming for action but she has no interest in any of the nice young men in her church; she's probably known them all since childhood. And I think her parents think its better to marry than to burn--they married young too. (You notice they keep referring to her father's age when he married? Not her mother's? There's a story there.)

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

I don’t think no sex til marriage is the only driving force for Evelyn to do the K1, as that’s one of the only ways for her and David to be consistently together rather than doing a long distance relationship. But I think, as many other posters have said, that the sex is a big part of that, and it makes me sad given the experience I had.

Edit: I should clarify that I did NOT marry the guy. Dodged a bullet there.

Very, glad you didn't marry the bum!  

I think it can work the other way. How many women who don't believe in waiting until they are married, end up having sex with that sort of abusive lout and then have an even harder time breaking things off?  Some  even become pregnant and are stuck with the abusive guy, in some form or another for the rest of their lives. 

I think their purity culture is actually a positive thing, though I do see how it could cause some people to rush into marriages.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I don't have a basement where I live either and it makes me nervous because we're in tornado country.

I get carried away sometimes... ironically, it's a people pleasing thing.

As for fundamentalism, it can do weird things to people... sometimes. Not everybody, but some sects get caught up with restrictions as we have seen with for instance, the Duggars.

Don't beat yourself up.  No one aspires to live in some shithole trailer, which is what my mental image conjured up when I read it. Obviously there are mobile or modular homes that are as expensive as brick houses with all the upgrades, that are sometimes referred to as trailers still, but one doesn't think about that when referring to a Neanderthal.  ?

• Love 4
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

Very, glad you didn't marry the bum!  

I think it can work the other way. How many women who don't believe in waiting until they are married, end up having sex with that sort of abusive lout and then have an even harder time breaking things off?  Some  even become pregnant and are stuck with the abusive guy, in some form or another for the rest of their lives. 

I think their purity culture is actually a positive thing, though I do see how it could cause some people to rush into marriages.  

Thanks, me too.

Certainly it can work the other way. I just sort of have a hate-on for purity culture given my experience, and I also think it gave me some hangups that continue to impact me at times in my (very wonderful!) marriage today.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SmashleyMcSlayin said:

Thanks, me too.

Certainly it can work the other way. I just sort of have a hate-on for purity culture given my experience, and I also think it gave me some hangups that continue to impact me at times in my (very wonderful!) marriage today.

I see your point, but imagine if you had slept with the brute and had his baby.  Anyway, glad you had a happy ending! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Nicole is going to regret bringing May on this trip (if she doesn't already). Obviously she is not used to taking care of her 24 hours a day without Mom's help.  May is going to cramp her style trying to get private moments with Azan.  OTOH, Azan may be happy May is there to avoid that situation. Nicole was only thinking about the Kodak moment of May meeting Azan and calling him "Daddy" and nothing beyond that.  The threesome is definitely getting noticed while out and about.  May should have stayed at home...she is too young to get anything from this trip.  It's not like she is going to get much attention from Nicole. She'll probably ask producers to babysit.

It really bothered me when she giggled about the tether/lead.  She cannot chase after a 2 year old and the fact that May was asking if she was going to leave when she was near the hotel door really bothered me as well.  If she does ask producers to sit can they PLEASE GET THIS ON CAMERA.??? Now that's golden.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I read somewhere else that the non Americans do not receive a paycheck at all.  Anyone want to step in and clarify?  I really wonder what Azan's motives are. If he was a love rat he wouldn't give a crap about Nicole and just play along till she got him over to the States and pull a Mo.  If he really cares about her, he has a funny way showing it.  I really do not get him as in another thread it was stated that he type and it's definitely NOT Nicole.  Can anyone get in this guy's head and clarify for me?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Why can't Evelyn drive herself to the airport either?

She mentioned she wasn't comfortable driving in large cities.  I don't blame her.  I moved to our "big city" when I was 18/19 (for college) and I am now 34 and finally became comfortable driving in our downtown area maybe 5 years ago. 

12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Do we think Josh told Aika that she is coming to America to live with all of his roommates? 

I was wondering the same thing after he mentioned it.... 

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How weird was it that the showed the Logan Airport sign and than blurred it in the middle of the shot when Evelyn picked up David.

Ahhh it was logan airport???? I'm surprised Dad even let her drive FROM the airport. 

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And if they were going to Logan, I don't blame her for not wanting to drive.  We spent a couple of days in Boston; my sharpest memory is that traffic is a nightmare, and red lights are considered only a suggestion.

I spent 2 nights.  One when flying into Logan so my family and I could drive up for coastal Maine vacation and then on my return flight home. The night of flying in we spent 'downtown(?)' Boston and the only time I will return to boston is if we are with someone who can drive that traffic or taking a taxi.  My dad drove and it gave me SO much anxiety trying to get in and out of that area.  But now that I think about it... driving TO the airport from being on the outside of town wasn't so bad. But we still have a stressful situation getting from our hotel to the five guys about a mile away for dinner the night before.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Think of all the clutter and junk you don't have space for, lucky you, seriously.

So, I live in Arizona too, and no basement in any house I have lived in.  Actually, basements in homes are very rare here.  We find other places, like garages, to put the clutter and junk. Just as much clutter, just above ground. If you watch the hoarding shows, you will see Arizona has its fair share of clutter and crap.  

• Love 4