Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, ava111 said:

I'm still catching up on the last two episodes since I spent a week in a hospital but I just have to say that when they were in the restaurant and Azan said he will go to America that was the first time he had some light and happiness in his eyes. Although it could be that he was just happy Nikole was going home the next day.

Evelyn, dear, I had that red/white striped sweater with buttons on shoulder in the 80's. I guess it must be from second second secondhand store. 

Off to finish the second half of the episode.

Just wanted to say sorry about your week in the hospital and hope you are okay!

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The woo girl is the female equivalent of a douche bag and I hate them too. 

Molly says her job is not to take care of Luis. Well his job is not to take care of Molly's kids 24/7 like a slave. She says, "I don't need to do anything except take care of my kids." Correct, Molly. It's not the job of your new houseboy.

I mean it kinda is though, isn't it? It seems like the deal is he gets a green card/citizenship in exchange for being the houseboy.

• Love 2

A question on the topic of the extremely basic, boring bachelorette party in Miami. Who was the random woman in red that was constantly on the screen but never said a word? Doesn't Libby have any friends? The entourage consisted of her sisters, sister-in-law and random woman with severe black hair extensions, bad makeup and Frederick's of Hollywood attire not speaking the entire evening. My daughter thought she was a man in drag but I told her no self-respecting drag queen would ever leave the house looking that bad. Just asking in case any of you astute viewers have a clue who she was and why she was there.

Other random observations of general weirdness that made me say WTF: David Poor's shirt; David Poor's son looking nothing like his dad or his sister; Molly's very visible white bra band; Luis' creepy eyes when he accused Molly of practicing santeria.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I don't agree with the way that Ashley acted. Her mistake was ever expecting David Pour to be a loving father. He just isn't. She'll never be important in his life. He's an alcoholic.

Annie did need to hear those things. It's not going to stop her because she doesn't plan to stay with him longer than it takes to get a green card anyway.

Again, Ashley, don't be an a$$hole.  Let Annie gold dig in peace!

Some pain is hard to get over and I agree. He seems to have failed to deliver even the minimal amount of parental love, caring or even attention. And sometimes, if there is the other parent feeding the fire that will not allow the pain to die down. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Matty said:

A question on the topic of the extremely basic, boring bachelorette party in Miami. Who was the random woman in red that was constantly on the screen but never said a word? Doesn't Libby have any friends? The entourage consisted of her sisters, sister-in-law and random woman with severe black hair extensions, bad makeup and Frederick's of Hollywood attire not speaking the entire evening. My daughter thought she was a man in drag but I told her no self-respecting drag queen would ever leave the house looking that bad. Just asking in case any of you astute viewers have a clue who she was and why she was there.

I think it briefly flashed her name, and "Elizabeth's Friend" on the screen, but I could have imagined that.  And yes, she looked horrible.

• Love 4
Just now, Matty said:

Who was the random woman in red that was constantly on the screen but never said a word?

She was always shown stone-faced standing next to Jen and never interacted with anyone. Maybe she was the girlfriend of the douche-bag brother who was so nasty to Andreiiii at lunch with the father? I, too, wondered if she was a man in drag, but she didn't look tall enough. That's why I said she reminded me of a Cher impersonator. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

The woo girl is the female equivalent of a douche bag and I hate them too. 

Molly says her job is not to take care of Luis. Well his job is not to take care of Molly's kids 24/7 like a slave. She says, "I don't need to do anything except take care of my kids." Correct, Molly. It's not the job of your new houseboy. I really dislike both Molly and Luis. She is no better than him, imo. They just have two different ideas about what this relationship is. They make each other worse, not better. Both may be good partners with anyone else. 

Libby's sisters were just pathetic, really. They're all "woo! WOO! we're so fun! we're so wild! we're rebels, we take no prisoners! Look at us waving these inflatable dildos in the air! WOO! PARTY!" I wouldn't want to be in the same room as those vapid, plastic witches for five minutes. Ladies. You are not wild. You are not out of control. You are boring and basic and mostly embarrassing. "I want her to have fun, I want her to cut loose!" Its not about what you want! And really Libby? You want to wear lipstick and heels? Like you slop around in a housecoat and worn at the heel slippers at home, making sandwiches for Andrei, and crocheting and singing hymns? Get. Over. Yourself. These women were so desperate to get out it makes me wonder--maybe they can't get out of the house unless their (well off, older, established, Mercedes driving) husbands approve? "Its Libby's bachelorette! WOO! We have to show her a good time before Andrei puts her behind a 12 foot wall forever!"

And that video they sent Andrei was really spiteful and nasty. Not cute, not funny, not even snarky. Just mean. What a bunch of bitches. Not one of them has shown a single glimmer of anything like a redeeming quality.

4 minutes ago, Matty said:

A question on the topic of the extremely basic, boring bachelorette party in Miami. Who was the random woman in red that was constantly on the screen but never said a word? Doesn't Elizabeth have any friends? The entourage consisted of her sisters, sister-in-law and random woman with severe black hair extensions, bad makeup and Frederick's of Hollywood attire not speaking the entire evening. My daughter thought she was a man in drag but I told her no self-respecting drag queen would ever leave the house looking that bad. Just asking in case any of any of you astute viewers have a clue who she was and why she was there.

I thought the dark woman was just a Rent-A-Friend--you know, like Jenelle has on Teen Mom.

• Love 23

Re: David poor's pajama clothes: I think he dresses that way because he has very large legs and a weird body shape either from excess skin after weight loss, weight gain after loss, or both. But the loose fitting comfy clothes also fit well with his hedonistic personality.

Josh's not visible teeth- meth does make teeth fall out. He has a flat face for a different reason. Maybe was punched in the face several times. Or maybe I just enjoy thinking that. He is tricking aika into thinking having a kid is a possibility, supposedly after the wedding. Like they need to wait for that. That's just when the deal is sealed and he can say no then. 

Luis - he is officially worse than Mo and every other train wreck this show has come up with IMO. Watching him get off on annoying and disturbing Molly's girls and going full blown sociopath on Molly is not fun and hard to watch. 

I also learned that I too have sac religious objects in my house. The horrors 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, funky-rat said:

I think it briefly flashed her name, and "Elizabeth's Friend" on the screen, but I could have imagined that.

Thank you for confirming I'm not going crazy. I thought she had a name (Tonya?) and "Elizabeth's friend" on screen, too, so I just re-watched but it must have been up there so fast I missed it this time. 

Random thoughts:

1.  The Board is on fire.  I've never "liked" so many posts before!

2.  I need a screen shot of Molly's driveway - I could have sworn there was a pretty boss-looking (NOT!) car truck or old Le Baron parked next to the garage.  Brother Molly wheels.

3.  A big ole plate of fries in front of May on her last day in Morocco.  Has that child been ever been given anything healthy to eat Nicole?

4.  "I have a scripture in my baaaaaathroom!".  Does she read it when she's praying to God to help her go?

5.  Bootleg Snooki - Dad was generously driving her to the obstetrician when she was 16

6.  Don't any of these losers consider a tourist visa first so that they can have a look-see?

7.  I have a bit of sympathy for these Thai brides - I know that they are being semi-mercenary in their attempts to get to the US and get a green card, but man, the detestables they have to endure makes me want to save them all.

8.   The dullard "friend" on the  bachelorette weekend.  W haaaa?

9.  My Dad was like an upper middle-class David Poor.  Took me most of my adult life to realize it and I'm still discovering the many levels of how messed up he and his situation was.  For a smart, handsome talented guy, he sure was a loser.  Karma was a real thing for him in his life.

• Love 22
27 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I think it briefly flashed her name, and "Elizabeth's Friend" on the screen, but I could have imagined that.  And yes, she looked horrible.

The black-haired friend was also at the initial get-together where Libby spoke of being submissive and didn't wear jeans and white top. That is Libby's only non-related friend, I guess.

• Love 2

"I have a scripture in my baaaaaathroom!".  Does she read it when she's praying to God to help her go?

Molly shrieking this made me laugh out loud....that fight was ridiculous and I loved every second of it. Luis is an asshole and she's nuts.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Horrified said:

9.  My Dad was like an upper middle-class David Poor.  Took me most of my adult life to realize it and I'm still discovering the many levels of how messed up he and his situation was.  For a smart, handsome talented guy, he sure was a loser.  Karma was a real thing for him in his life.

If he was smart, handsome and/or talented, he was not like David Poor! (But I suspect in another lifetime David Poor was upper middle class.)

1 minute ago, usernameG said:

Molly shrieking this made me laugh out loud....that fight was ridiculous and I loved every second of it. Luis is an asshole and she's nuts.

Didn't it seem at one point she was wearing her extensions and all of the hair was smooth? Then suddenly, the extensions were gone and the hair that was left was a frizzy mess?

• Love 3

Didn't it seem at one point she was wearing her extensions and all of the hair was smooth? Then suddenly, the extensions were gone and the hair that was left was a frizzy mess?

Haha yes! I feel like the frizz came out right when she started streaking. Luis pretty much called her crazy and she went nuts. LOL

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Horrified said:

6.  Don't any of these losers consider a tourist visa first so that they can have a look-see?

If you aren't from a visa waiver country it can be pretty hard to get a tourist visa to the US and most of the people probably don't have the financial means to qualify.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

While I know fertility rates go down with age, you would think Aika was 43 and trying to get pregnant!

I just saw the news that Kym Johnson of Dancing with the Stars is pregnant with her first child at 41.  This should give Aika hope; but then again, Kym’s husband Robert Hervajec is a multi-millionaire. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think there is an undercurrent of something else going on with Andrei. I think where he is from women who dance at clubs and drink are fair game, whether they want to be or not. I could be wrong but in Andrei's line of work he has likely seen things that he does not wish for Libby to experience. Not in any way saying that this line of thinking is okay but It might be the reality.

No, they are not "fair game"  Rape is relatively rare in the former European republics of the former Soviet Union.  Sexual harassment in work situations is very common.

Once women marry, or are about to marry, they don't go to clubs without their husbands.  It is not about being "fair game", it's just a view of what constitutes a family life.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

People disparage where I live, Ahwatukee, calling it "All-white-tukee", which of course it's not, but almost. 

I live in Phoenix proper but our house is located two blocks from a strip club.  Who am I to judge?  ;-)

5 hours ago, Boofish said:

Treating your children like crap - let's give it some time.  Disrespecting your owl statue - YOU NEED TO LEAVE.

Comment of the Century.   BWAH and LOL mixed together, you're hilarious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, JasonH said:

I feel like Morocco must have had their own version of The Great Potato Famine with Nicole’s visits due to the amount of fries she ate while there.

Lmao! I noticed that both Nicole and her daughter seem to only eat platefuls of French fries and her daughter has learned to eat just like mom. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Once women marry, or are about to marry, they don't go to clubs without their husbands. 

Is that really that rare in the US though? I mean not really a prohibition but I would think it was weird if my sister-in-law went out to a club without my brother. Not that she isn't allowed to, she will do dinner and drinks with her girlfriends but a club?

I dunno, I pretty much expect committed couples to be a package deal for that kind of thing.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, John M said:

Is that really that rare in the US though? I mean not really a prohibition but I would think it was weird if my sister-in-law went out to a club without my brother. Not that she isn't allowed to, she will do dinner and drinks with her girlfriends but a club?

I dunno, I pretty much expect committed couples to be a package deal for that kind of thing.

First, sorry for the double post over 12 hours - I posted yesterday, but the post wasn't coming up for me.

I'm old, and I wouldn't go out to clubs once married, but I suppose some women see no issue with it.  I go to business lunches, but I don't socialize much separate from my husband, other than with my sisters.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, John M said:

It's not rare at all for that to happen (married couples go out individually to clubs and bars).

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Molly - that red outfit with an exposed white bra band in the back, and wild red leggings? Yuck. Molly is Cray Cray. LUIS IS SO checked out.

Those leggings looked like LulaRoe, ugly! Luis obviously is trying to put the onus for their breakup on Molly by forcing her hand. There are some guys who like to be the one to say that they never end a relationship, it's the woman's fault. Just GTFO, Luis, posthaste!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

It's not rare at all for that to happen (married couples go out individually to clubs and bars).

It's not rare in my experience either. I went out dancing with my girlfriends a couple weeks ago while my husband was out of town for a guys' weekend. It's not until I read here that it would even be considered weird. I don't even think it's weird for Elizabeth--she's just caught up in creating a tug-of-war between her family and her fiancé and has created this situation deliberately. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, John M said:

I agree.

Not to mention, she's going out with sisters who seem to think that a good time constitutes being "wild."  And clubbing these days is much different than it was when I was there with people spiking drinks.  

I wonder what Libby's sisters would think if Andrei had a bunch of brothers who were hell bent on taking their brother out to clubs and doing the frat bro routine?  They'd probably think he was up to no good and a jerk.

Andrei has probably seen more than his fair share of overly intoxicated women leaving with sketchy guys and is rightfully concerned.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

It's not rare in my experience either. I went out dancing with my girlfriends a couple weeks ago while my husband was out of town for a guys' weekend. It's not until I read here that it would even be considered weird. I don't even think it's weird for Elizabeth--she's just caught up in creating a tug-of-war between her family and her fiancé and has created this situation deliberately. 

I find the storyline manipulated as you state.  While Andreiiiii might have a theoretical issue with her safety, going to mainstream clubs with her sisters or friends (if she has any) isn't unsafe.  The fact that her sisters somehow think they are on the edge of wild by going to a club with dick whistles and schlong balloons is rather....pathetic.  Woo woo

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I find the storyline manipulated as you state.  While Andreiiiii might have a theoretical issue with her safety, going to mainstream clubs with her sisters or friends (if she has any) isn't unsafe.  The fact that her sisters somehow think they are on the edge of wild by going to a club with dick whistles and schlong balloons is rather....pathetic.  Woo woo

I'm sure much of it is producer driven, but the sisters are embarrassing.  If Andrei had brothers or friends that were that immature and wanted to go clubbing with him, I'd be willing to bet the sisters would think he is a shit heal and Libby would be PISSED if he wasn't in constant contact with her.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

I go out with my girlfriends all of the time.  We also go out as couples, as singles, we meet up at bars, occasional dance clubs.  I'm Andreiiii's worst nightmare as I also have friends who are guys and yes, we go out to bars for drinks and food without our spouses as well.   Clutch your pearls Andreeiii and tell me to stay home under your thumb LOL!!!   Gosh Andreiiii how did I ever function in the world without my spouse???

Even if I felt that Andreiii's old fashioned safety talk was warranted and welcomed, I certainly wouldn't pit my family against him to make my point.   That's so passive aggressive which is what she really is, not independent and strong.   She needs to tell Andreiiii the way it is.....her expectations on her social freedom and they need to come to an understanding here.   Or walk away.   Which is why this feels so producer manipulated....if Andreeiiii really was an ogre or she really felt strongly about her independence they would have already had this come to a head.   It's a serious thing if your spouse "requires" you to basically socialize on very limited terms.  It needs to be hashed out.

• Love 8

I do wonder if there is a big double standard with a "girl's night" and a "guy's night" at the club?  For the women on the board who go dancing with their friends quite a bit does your husband also go clubbing with his buddies too?  I kind of feel like when women do it, it's a girls dancing with girls thing whereas if men were to go to a club, they'd likely be bumping uglies with girls and therefore I think women would prefer their hubby's boys nights to be ones that involve poker and not dancing.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

I live in Phoenix proper but our house is located two blocks from a strip club.  Who am I to judge?  

You're not alone.  It seems everyone in metro Phoenix is two blocks from a strip club, a meth lab, a bunch of registered sex offenders, or all three.  And those are the good neighborhoods. No judging. Just a fact of living in a big city. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I had my last at 41 (she was born in May, I turned 42 in August that year).  It can be done. :)

Seriously.  It's the 21st century. Having a baby over 40 is not unusual and is very safe with good medical care.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Zazie said:

Santeria. The villagers visiting a shrine of Santa Muerte in Breaking Bad. 

Santeria. Scented candles and a one dollar owl statue in 90 Day Fiancé. Spot the difference. 

LMAO, I just choked on my coffee.

Luis, I know you're lookin' for an excuse, ANY excuse, but that's just tacky decorating. Sorry.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

It seems everyone in metro Phoenix is two blocks from a strip club, a meth lab, a bunch of registered sex offenders, or all three. 

Fun fact: you should work in PR for our fair city ;-)

Laughed and laughed when I read your comment.  And I'll add a feature: hillbilly neighbors who put up the most gorgeous, most amazing Christmas light displays ever.  There's just something about a Phoenix Hillbilly and the season that brings out their creativity!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Yes, I was sitting there screaming at my TV while the fertility doctor was suggesting egg harvesting at 36. I had my oldest at 30 and my youngest at 38. It took me exactly one month to get pg with both. At 36, they should be trying naturally before undergoing IVF or AI. Methinks the doctor was more than willing to sell possibly unnecessary  services to someone who may not need them. 

TLC Rent a doctor. Rent a lawyer... oh you get the picture. It's TLC, they get the creme de la creme from the respective fields.  Let's not forget super lawyer Hobbit who advised Mo in S2.

7 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Molly, do us all a favor and quit saying you put your kids first.

You sound just like Danielle. 

We all know that you don't put your kids first. 

You put the lazy boy-man first.

Just please... quit saying that.

Word.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I do wonder if there is a big double standard with a "girl's night" and a "guy's night" at the club?  For the women on the board who go dancing with their friends quite a bit does your husband also go clubbing with his buddies too?  I kind of feel like when women do it, it's a girls dancing with girls thing whereas if men were to go to a club, they'd likely be bumping uglies with girls and therefore I think women would prefer their hubby's boys nights to be ones that involve poker and not dancing.

I don't think men go to clubs (except in club areas like miami etc) unless it's a strip club for a bachelor party or some businessmen insist that it's the only way to "entertain" their clients.   I personally would have a convo with the hubby if he thought going to strip clubs for fun was going to be a "thing" just as I'm sure he would wonder why exactly the girls needed to hang out at the Male Revue for a girls night out.

But here's the point....if poker night or meeting at the lodge for beers somehow turned into some weird traveling thing that the guys ended up at a strip club etc.  I'm perfectly secure in knowing my husband will conduct himself as a married man.  For us that would be no touching and lap dances etc. ....for other people that might be ok.   It's all about your expectations and boundaries as a couple.   I know that if the situation is reversed and I found myself in the same situation I can have fun and roll with things and still act like an adult.   I'd be more likely to keep an eye on my friends anyway to make sure everyone was safe and having a good time. . YMMV

Same if the groups found themselves at one of the local party clubs, mostly frequented by singles, tourists and couples/groups who like to dress up and get energy from being in places like that....there are just simple ways of staying in control and having fun IMO.   Plus have you seen a group of guys?   Sheesh.....married guys are pretty awkward when they aren't high energy "clubbin" kind of guys.  They always look like they would rather be home on the couch with the dog instead of listening to the pounding music....doesn't matter how nice the girls look in their small clothing.   LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Laughed and laughed when I read your comment.  And I'll add a feature: hillbilly neighbors who put up the most gorgeous, most amazing Christmas light displays ever.  There's just something about a Phoenix Hillbilly and the season that brings out their creativity!

The Christmas displays are amazing.  We have neighbors that decorate inside and out. I'm amazed that they get enough power to support all the lights. I have so many questions?   How are they not blowing the circuits?  What is the electric bill?  With no basement, where do they store all that crap, like the giant Saguaro Santa's, so they doesn't fry in the summer?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

You guys are all hilarious.  I think I'm going to move to Arizona!   I've travelled there about 30 times and it looks far less methy and billy as a tourist!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

The Christmas displays are amazing.  We have neighbors that decorate inside and out. I'm amazed that they get enough power to support all the lights. I have so many questions?   How are they not blowing the circuits?  What is the electric bill?  With no basement, where do they store all that crap, like the giant Saguaro Santa's, so they doesn't fry in the summer?

Pardon the continuation of something slightly OT . . . but I do have something to add that is relevant, because I used to work for the power company that supplies the lights to DR's neighborhood.

There are a lot of people who are on a "Budget Pay" plan with the power company.  They pay the same amount every month so they can build up a credit and not be hit with HUGE bills during the summer air-conditioning season.  They're basically paying extra during the winter (when energy costs are lower in AZ) so they can afford to live here in the summer. 

The payment amount is adjusted if it gets too far off from anticipated usage.  Like in December.  People who have been paying a flat amount for several months all of a sudden get an adjustment that adds a significant amount to their monthly bill . . . and those are the folks with the huge light displays.  I'm talking about displays that people drive miles to see.  It never fails.

• Love 3

"Libby's" (ugh) lipstick application reminds me of Robert Smith from The Cure.  And something about her constant bitchy facial expressions and tone of voice reminds me of a sloppier, less polished Meghan McCain.  She's like the type who constantly rolls her eyes and says "whatever" even though I don't think I've seen her do either.

And her referencing her group of 4 (with 3/4 of them being relatives and the other being some random that just showed up after tanning) as "my girls" 50x was working my last nerve.  Just wanting to hang with "my girls,"  Dancing with "my girls,"  puke, puke, vomit, vomit.  Grow the eff up, the lot of you.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I noticed that too. Pretty sure it was either an El Camino or a Subaru Brat. Distant third possibility is a Ford Falcon Ranchero. In any case, it was Class on Wheels.

That fight between Molly and Luis nearly gave me a sympathy panic attack, too.

LUIS: Why you have no evidence of God in this house?

MOLLY: I had a Bible but spilled something on it. Kinsley has one.

LUIS: But there's nothing about God here.

MOLLY: I have scripture and crosses on the wall.

LUIS: You have no Christian objects in your house.

MOLLY: I HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING VIRGIN MARY TCHOTCHKE WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

LUIS: But there's nothing in this house that signifies Jesus or God.

ME: *pops 2 klonopin and practices my breathing techniques*

What would Luis do if Molly was Jewish?  No Jesus en casa for sure.

• Love 4