Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don't buy what Molly is selling.  I distinctively remember the conversation Luis had with her brother about wanting to return to the DR.  I believe he started to get restless, so in order to appease him, she suggested that they get married right away, and have a big celebration later.  Hence, his lack of interest in "planning a wedding."  In New York State, you have to get the license, plus blood tests, then wait a few days for the results, so, there is no way you can say, "oops, we signed some papers and now we are married." 

The waiting period in New York State is only 24 hours and blood tests are no longer required.

I really need someone to spill all the tea about Chris and David because it makes no sense!

• Love 3

This is probably going to sound ugly and I don't mean for it to, but May seems like one miserable child. Which is totally understandable, with having a big baby for a mother and indulging grandparents.  She acts kind of bratty, which again isn't her fault, just the result of her "parenting".  Too bad her real father bailed, he was the only person who would've had equal say in how she's being raised. Any other man won't put up with her mother long enough to impact her or will throw in the towel if he does manage to stick around. It's hard enough when the parents/stepparents are all mature and do what's in the best interest of the child, but trying to parent with baby Huey is any persons worst nightmare. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I really need someone to spill all the tea about Chris and David because it makes no sense!

I have no tea, but I keep asking the question who and why would anyone want to be near David Bigbuht?  So, my guess would be Chris has done something illegal that could land him in throw away the key prison and David knows about it/is in on it.

• Love 2

Rewatching and just a few comments that I haven't seen made before:

• Evelyn looked pretty to me, and it was her mother's wedding dress, which was NOT surprising.  Her dad looked so cute!  I thought the bridesmaids' dresses weren't heinous, but boy, were they miserable looking.  Listen, I get that not one of them looked old enough to drink legally, and that's how I have gotten through some pretty boring wedding receptions myself...but geez, they could have been flirting with the groomsmen.  That blonde Hannah girl is a knock-out.  Were the groomsmen scared to talk with any of them?  Probably not sophisticated enough for the World Travelling Set! 
  • Libby looked pretty too.  Stay away from the bright red lipstick, Libby!  The venue was gorgeous too.  Now Libby had a wedding dress wedding with a reception, is she still planning ANOTHER wedding on top of a mountain in the snow?  Which, is just dumb.  Also, the apartment Andrrreei was getting ready in wasn't the same one that they moved into in an earlier episode, was it?  It seemed like that apartment was on the ground level, while this seemed like it was on an upper floor.
  • Annie cleaned up good.  David did not.
  • Oh, god, Molly.  Why is she so "confused" all the time?  It's not confusing, Molly!  You're married to a jerk and you scammed everyone you loved.  You can be mad.  You can be hurt.  You can be furious.  You can be EMBARASSED and you should be.  But it's not CONFUSING.  You were dumb and you need to think clearly. 
  • Josh wore his nicest blue jeans to his third wedding.  I just it's good to go for comfort this time.  Aika's fluffy stripper dress was just what I figured she'd wear, though at first I thought she'd be in HER nicest denim Daisy Dukes.  That would not have surprised me at all.
  • Nicole: who cares.  You're a mess.
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

How could toadie David Poor EVER be "the life of the party." 

Maybe he is the life of the party with the Tai prostitutes but sure as heck not here in America. There is something seriously wrong with Chris. I wonder if he has any normal friends. I get the feeling Chris got a windfall inheritance and family businesses that came along with it. No way that dimwit made his own wealth. There is a screw loose somewhere with that guy. 

I can imagine David being one of those guys who is so eager to please and be accepted by the crowd (or just Chris) that all it takes is a couple of drinks and he'll do anything he's told to do no matter how much of a fool he makes of himself. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don't buy what Molly is selling.  I distinctively remember the conversation Luis had with her brother about wanting to return to the DR.  I believe he started to get restless, so in order to appease him, she suggested that they get married right away, and have a big celebration later.  Hence, his lack of interest in "planning a wedding."  In New York State, you have to get the license, plus blood tests, then wait a few days for the results, so, there is no way you can say, "oops, we signed some papers and now we are married." 

It was many years ago and in a different state, but I had a civil ceremony before my church wedding (that already had been planned, but we needed to actually be married to get on a married student housing list, soo...quick wedding in the mayor's office). The getting of the license and the actual "wedding" were separate, but there were blood tests and a waiting period back then.

We were basically told that this was a legal marriage and should not be entered into lightly, said our "I dos" and that was it. Quick, but at no time did my 23-year old self think that I was not legally married.

So for Molly, who supposedly runs the business side of things at her boutique and is 41 years old, to feign ignorance is ridiculous, imo.

As an aside, when we got married in the church I had to get another marriage license (a remarriage one) and pay another fee--which I felt was a ripoff,lol.

Edited by Adiba
add info
  • Love 6
Just now, Cherrio said:

I have no tea, but I keep asking the question who and why would anyone want to be near David Bigbuht?  So, my guess would be Chris has done something illegal that could land him in throw away the key prison and David knows about it/is in on it.

That has to be close to the truth.  Why would anyone voluntarily hang with that guy?  He is unpleasant and broke.  And unpleasant.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It really doesn't. It actually gets even worse! I was doing the math in my head and just realized this - they met in 2009 right? David Poor up and left the US and went to Thailand in 2013! So, Chris financed this guy's life after knowing him for FOUR years! Not even 8! 

AND David Poor ran for the Board of Education, fraudulently claiming he lived in one of Chris' properties - which Chris apparently backed him up on, after only knowing each other ONE year. In the article about it, Chris claims that Tobo already was 'his best friend.'  I just don't get it unless David has proof of (and/or enables) some sucio shit that Chris gets into. Even the 'hidden money' theory doesn't completely hold water to me. 

• Love 10

I really got the impression Olivia didn't know that they were already married, unless she's a better actor than most people on this show. Did Molly also say something about the push to sign the papers was Luis's idea? Molly has been known to drink too much, maybe that's why everything is a blur. Or Sanky Bartender Luis is slimy enough to slip something in her drink to impair her judgement. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

The person also had to perform the ceremony.  They didn’t just sign things like Molly is trying to say.  The three of them had a wedding.  Or, more likely, the kids were there.  Based on Olivia’s reaction when Molly told her, she already knew.  

I remember somewhere during the season daughter Olivia said that Luis was saying I love my wife, etc....yet not married according to the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I am confused about Libby’s sisters:  does she have three including the sister-in-law?  One with the really bleached blond hair that is a sister/in-law and two biological sisters one with darker hair and the other lighter??  At least the one seemed to have a good looking man with her at the ceremony.  The second sister in law was with a big guy.  I have no idea about the other??

Yes, Jen (off the shoulder dress) is the sister who "tested" Andrei, her husband is the big guy and apparently their daughters were the flower girls. Becky is the sister in the one-shoulder mini dress, supposedly she's married but I don't know which of the guys was her husband and which were the three brothers. Megan is the blonde SIL married to Chuck, Jr. 

I got a bit choked up watching Evelyn's wedding, but I kind of felt like choking watching Annie marry David.

There were comments about other key players wearing white to Evelyn's wedding; it was all approved by The Band, er, Boss, for sure. It was the look she was going for & it pulled together well. I liked her mom's dress better than Evelyn's. Evelyn did look lovely but I disliked her hair style. I love vintage cars although I probably wouldn't have chosen that one. It all worked for what she wanted though. End critique on that one.

I understand on Ashley. She had every right to be mega pissed at her dad that day. Her dad could most definitely have chosen another day. It's not like it's a big birthday, or she should be a 'star' etc. on her birthday; it's not really about that. With all that's gone down between them & the crappy way David's been to his kids, I understand Ashley feeling like he kicked her in the ass yet again. He's a prick & she needs to stay away from him & heal her own wounds.

And even though I understand her feelings I don't agree with her behavior at the wedding. With the way she felt she should not have been there. You can't attend then make a big deal of 'not supporting' them. Attending & behaving that way just made her look bad. If you don't support them, then shut up & don't go, period.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Becky is the sister in the one-shoulder mini dress, supposedly she's married

Becky isn't married, it's what made the sister "testing" Andrei so stupid, at the dinner when the first met him she specifically mentioned that when her boyfriend is out of town she likes to go partying with Elizabeth indicating it was behavior she didn't do when he was around.

• Love 3

I think that Luis's brother had a long talk with him, making him realize that he was married to a woman who owns a big house, a successful business, and may have other assets. Part of these assets could be Luis's if he just hangs in there for a couple of years. Then his dream of "life in the DR with money" could easily come true.

Back a few pages, someone suggested that when David Pour(MeAnother) was divorced, he hid a bunch of money through Chris's businesses, and so now Chris is handing it out to him, pretending that it's Chris's gift to David. Neither of them can ever admit this without facing legal/tax consequences. This theory makes sense to me, but it is likely? Probably not. 

Thanks to the inventor of the name David (Pour) Me Another, which has entertained me ever since I first saw it.

I can't believe I might spend three hours tonight watching the Abominable Toddler and her reluctant suitor.

• Love 9

I thought Libby's father said ALL his daughters had married successful, Mercedes driving men. Is Becky divorced or is there another sister? 

Also about the wedding, I'm too lazy to re-watch but did anyone see "Cher" from the bachelorette party in attendance? 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Jesus Ashley, we get it. You hate your dad, he’s a POS, it’s your birthday, it should be all about you, you’re so effing pissed, blah blah blah. Most people agree with you but there’s zero reason to flapping your mouth about it every five seconds. Don’t go. Forget he exists and move on with your life. We’re all sick of you. 

On a separate note, I thought Annie looked beautiful. 

The Apple did not fall far from the tree there.  She acts just like her father

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I am thinking Chris uses David Poor also...or David is employed under the table for Chris. David spent a lot of time in Thailand to get a lot of info for the business man Chris. Also, perhaps in other business dealings when their is a fail(ex..."like" not calling the client back) David Poor will take the fall for Chris. Imho

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I remember somewhere during the season daughter Olivia said that Luis was saying I love my wife, etc....yet not married according to the show.

I don’t remember this but when she said “he’s my stepfather” during the tell all it didn’t sound like a “he’s technically still my stepfather” and I was like “oh no Molly no no” and wasn’t super surprised when he was there.  Sigh. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I understand on Ashley. She had every right to be mega pissed at her dad that day. Her dad could most definitely have chosen another day. It's not like it's a big birthday, or she should be a 'star' etc. on her birthday; it's not really about that. With all that's gone down between them & the crappy way David's been to his kids, I understand Ashley feeling like he kicked her in the ass yet again. He's a prick & she needs to stay away from him & heal her own wounds.

I agree that there’s more to it than the birthday, but I can’t deal with thinking that the birthday should be scheduled around.  They have 90 days. They have people in from out of town. A day later or a day earlier sounds easy but in a church/chapel there may be only a few times that work with other services etc.  Maybe I’m just old but to whatever extent “not on my biiiiiiirthday” was a real thing it’s just ludicrous to me. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, sconstant said:

I agree that there’s more to it than the birthday, but I can’t deal with thinking that the birthday should be scheduled around.  They have 90 days. They have people in from out of town. A day later or a day earlier sounds easy but in a church/chapel there may be only a few times that work with other services etc.  Maybe I’m just old but to whatever extent “not on my biiiiiiirthday” was a real thing it’s just ludicrous to me. 

Under normal circumstances, most definitely. I still give her a pass though, in that her dad has really hurt them, & Ashley has probably seen her mom hurting badly from her dad's behavior, so is certainly not happy about Annie.

He had 90 days & could've picked any other one of them; it was a passive aggressive move that he knew would add insult to injury & he didn't give a shit.

It's definitely not the birthday, but that, as usual, it's all about him.

Ashley is angry, bitter, & resentful. Her dad is toxic & as long as she's feeling this way she shouldn't hang around him, much less go to his wedding that she didn't support & then get bitchy.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 15

I did appreciate David Pour trying to put a stop to all the negative comments about the Buddhas. It really had a demeaning air to it and I doubt other religions would have appreciated some of those comments directed at their religious imagery. One point to David Pour!

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, sconstant said:

To me, it was the way he said it or that he had to say it at all... that was one more punch she had to endure.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LisaWl7TR said:

yes, I remember that too, but I just chalked it up to a language issue and that Luis didn't differentiate between fiancee and wife and was basically just practicing saying it. Now it's starting to make sense...

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm the poster who found that her parents were now 44 and 41, but they certainly could have gotten married when Evelyn's father was 19 and her mother 22 but they didn't have kids right away. 

Yea I thought her dad mentioned something earlier in the season about being married for 20 years, but maybe he meant 20+ and not 20 exactly.

13 minutes ago, Normades said:

I did appreciate David Pour trying to put a stop to all the negative comments about the Buddhas. It really had a demeaning air to it and I doubt other religions would have appreciated some of those comments directed at their religious imagery. One point to David Pour!

He actually had a few surprisingly lucid and decent comments during the tell-all, albeit not about his own situation. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I thought Libby's father said ALL his daughters had married successful, Mercedes driving men. Is Becky divorced or is there another sister? 

Also about the wedding, I'm too lazy to re-watch but did anyone see "Cher" from the bachelorette party in attendance? 

I think Becky is single, but she mentioned she has a boyfriend. I saw a nice-looking guy next to her a few times at the wedding, but I'm not sure if that was a boyfriend or another brother.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I find Andrei sexy. I am so ashamed to admit that. 

Eh, don't be. I don't think he's physically attractive, but I very much like a no nonsense, confident, with a healthy dash of cockiness man.  Someone who can handle his business and knows how to handle me (not in any abusive way) because I can be a handful. That is a major turn on for me, regardless of looks. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Molly just wants sex, pure and simple.  That’s all she cares about, sex.

Hmmmm.  I actually think Molly wants marriage (with a lot of sex).  She kept saying through the series that she's never been married before, she's never planned a wedding before, she wants wedding cheese - I think she had the giddiness of someone excited to be getting married! And the giddiness of someone who wants to say "my husband...."

If all she wanted was sex, she could find a local loser.  Since she wanted marriage, she had to go international and find a green-card-seeking piece.  She bought his act hook line and sinker because she wanted to.

I had some sympathy for her as of last week, but last night, she lost it.  I can't believe she took that ganja-loving-green-card-seeking slime slick back.

• Love 20
On 12/18/2017 at 1:52 PM, Lily247 said:

Perhaps not Thailand, but this definitely occurs in Cambodia which is a neighbor to Thailand. There are endless stories and news articles, including one that was a special on TV, about mothers selling their 7 year old daughters' virginity to pimps for $500, and then after that first initial encounter, the prices decrease dramatically. There is a district in Phnom Penh called Svay Pak, which is known for multitudes of brothels full of girls ages 7-15 that cater to pedophile sex tourists. A lot of these girls are sold to these brothels by their own parents who are in deep poverty and owe massive debts to loan sharks. 

Maybe selling your children into prostiution isnt a "cultural" thing per say, as this kind of stuff happens in every corner of the world. I believe that when people see their neighbors doing something, such as selling their underage daughter to pimps, it becomes almost "normalized" to them. On the news special about the girl from Cambodia who talked about being sold into prositution by her own mother, she later went back to her village to confront her mother, who bluffed that she assumed she was selling her 7 year old daughter to be a maid to a 50 year old American man, for the $500. Regardless, the daughter forgave her and moved on. 

It does occur in Thailand, at least according to every reputable site on human trafficking. I think the original poster is a huge advocate for his adopted country and my post upset him. I agree with you it's not a cultural thing, it's a poverty thing. I imagine there are parents with many children who have to make a choice between feeding 6 by selling 1 or not feeding any. That is no choice to have to make. I also think parents probably tell themselves, like in the show you watched that the man is buying them for household help,e tc. To admit the truth to themselves would be too painful. AGain, I can't comprehend the desperation you have to have to make a choice like that. I know alot of people judge Annie and the other girls on this show show who marry the older men. I don't . I think they're smart for the most part. Sleep on a dirt floor with insects and animals like Annie from the phillipines or marry the first American who asks. I'm going with the American. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They sure can be housebroken. Mine is100% . In fact, he will hold it until he is ready to burst so there is hope for the little snowballs. It takes a lot of patience with this breed. They are not stupid but definitely have a stubborn streak. 

Sorry, back on topic, now. 

I admit I was being a little snarky because our pupster (our second Bichon) has been, shall we say, inconsistent at best when it comes to peeing on the hardwood for her whole 12 years. Our first one, who passed away when she was 8, was totally housebroken early on. We think it's just that they have very different "natures" (we handled them the same way from get-go) ... Moxy, our current eternal puppy (she's 12 but looks and acts like a puppy), CAN hold it in for hours if needed but also tends to pee on the floor as a sign of "you are not paying enough attention to me." And at 12, with a history of bladder stones and three operations already along with medical bladder-friendly (read: boring, no table scraps) food her entire life, we have tried and tried and tried to train her with no luck. I don't exaggerate when I say she goes out at least a dozen times a day, pees once or twice every time, and STILL pees in the house.  

To segue, I would totally watch a show called 90-Day Bichon Frise.

10 minutes ago, Horrified said:

She kept saying through the series that she's never been married before, she's never planned a wedding before, she wants wedding cheese - I think she had the giddiness of someone excited to be getting married! And the giddiness of someone who wants to say "my husband...."

ABSOLUTELY ... And unless it was really brilliantly staged, I think when she got busted as already being married, because she couldn't straight-faced lie to the question, she saw her dream of the big wedding and the gown and the frou frou go right down the drain ... Through the whole series I kept thinking "She is much more excited about HAVING A WEDDING AND BEING A BRIDE than she is about marrying Luis specifically."

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, NinaH said:

Eh, don't be. I don't think he's physically attractive, but I very much like a no nonsense, confident, with a healthy dash of cockiness man.  Someone who can handle his business and knows how to handle me (not in any abusive way) because I can be a handful. That is a major turn on for me, regardless of looks. 

Listen I'm pretty old and I think he is super attractive for all the reasons you state. I also think when he smiles he's downright hot! I wouldn't be surprised if some soap opera latches onto him. He's got charisma, won over the people on almost every blog site., is smart.  Libby is already in the business so who know.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Seeing Evelyn on her wedding day was sweet. I saw her differently than the brat I had been watching, she was so wide eyed and full of the wonder and magnificence of her day.

I thought she seemed wide-eyed and full of the wonder and magnificence of herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I had posted this on the spoiler thread, & since it's not spoilers I can post it here as well, since people have had different opinions on Nicole's mom during the Tell All.

I didn't mind the way Robbalee was with Nicole, because I think she's really desperate to have Nicole see the truth. Sometimes people can only see harsh reality through others, so she was trying to get a reaction from other people in hopes of reaching Nicole.

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Hmmmm.  I actually think Molly wants marriage (with a lot of sex).  She kept saying through the series that she's never been married before, she's never planned a wedding before, she wants wedding cheese - I think she had the giddiness of someone excited to be getting married! And the giddiness of someone who wants to say "my husband...."

If all she wanted was sex, she could find a local loser.  Since she wanted marriage, she had to go international and find a green-card-seeking piece.  She bought his act hook line and sinker because she wanted to.

I had some sympathy for her as of last week, but last night, she lost it.  I can't believe she took that ganja-loving-green-card-seeking slime slick back.

Molly, my god, call your lawyer and kick this loser to the curb with the quickness! You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube! Even if you manage to persuade Luis to go through with your big dream wedding, you'll know its a lie and so will all your family and friends. Have a little pride, at long last. Who on earth is that thirsty? I can't believe she sniped at Andrei and Libby ("and he's speaking for her again!" complete with eye roll) completely without irony.

3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

Truth. With her parents and with Azan. And with Azan's family, in time. Her baby is the only bargaining chip she has, since she lacks intelligence, humor, compassion, kindness, anything that would make her an attractive companion. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I think it's pretty said that Libby's father just seemed to watch his daughters marry money.  Never any concern from him about his daughters contributing to the household.  Did they ever work or have any aspirations beyond sipping wine and going to strip clubs for bachelorette parties? 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, Normades said:

Yes!  I picture David Spain all sweaty running for his life to the edge of town, sighing with relief that he finally made it, only to see a "Welcome to Claremont" sign a few feet ahead.  

It's like a Twilight Zone episode!!  There is no escape!!

One of us! One of us! Gooble Gobble!

I actually BLEETED when I read the Freaks reference!

• Love 1

I am now officially exhausted from watching this show and keeping up with these forums.  I said to my hub last night that these shows are best watched when one is unemployed because working full-time and trying to keep up with all of this has been taxing on me both physically and emotionally.  Thank God I don't have kids.  For their sake's and mine.

I think I have also officially run out of snark because I only have a few things to add with some of them even being positive(!?) which is so unlike me.  I think I am just too damn tired from being up late these past 2 nights to watch this shit show and up at 4:30 a.m. to come up with anything clever. 

Random thoughts and observations:  Evelyn has beautiful skin.  She glows.  I hate that overused expression but she truly does.  Libby looked absolutely beautiful on her wedding day.  Her hair, makeup and dress were perfection.  And her wedding venue was gorg.  Annie also looked beautiful in her gown.  But WTF was with all of the slap that Nikki was spackling onto her face?  Good gravy, that was a lot of makeup!  Foundation, concealer, highlighter, contour, etc... jesus.  Aika did  look like Stephanie Seymour from the November Rain video (good call on that one, poster-who's-name-I-forget) but it suited her and so it worked for me.  I still hate Andrei's hair.  It truly does remind me of the low-flow shower head episode of Seinfeld, but hey?  My hair looks like shit right now, too, so who I am to talk?  That's trash.  pfft.  All the comments here about The Sighting of Josh's Top Teeth had me rolling.  Ha!  And it might just be the wine talking or the exhaustion, but he might want to smile like that a lot more, it dials down his douchiness a bit.

I would love to hang with you guys on another show forum but I don't really watch any other 'reality' tv show other than Little People, Big World and this one.  And I only watch this one when TLC has broken me down with their endless advertising of it during a few hours of watching Say Yes to the Dress on a Saturday or something.  I occasionally catch a 600 pound life here and there but that's only when I am feeling fat from eating too many chips on the weekend and I tune in to feel better about myself.  I can't do the sister wives thing and I ,too, have tried Jazz a bunch of times but can't really stand that family.  Especially Mom. 

Well, that's all I got for now. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 14

Ugh.  I lasted five minutes of watching the Nicole show. So far it has only been replays of the exact same footage they showed us the first time and I’m not going to waste my time. TLC is just trying to squeeze more money out of the footage they’ve already used once before.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Hollow promises go well with hollow weddings..

i don't consider him human material..

I don’t consider him to be 48.  This lying old sack of lard is at least 60. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Olivia also called him her stepfather even though they supposedly were not married yet.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

According to the internet:

"Marriage Witnesses Georgia:

Only if the person performing the ceremony does not complete the form, you will need two witnesses to the ceremony in order to obtain the marriage certificate."

Molly specifically said that the person performing the ceremony came to her house to go over things, and they just went ahead and completed the form.  So it's legal.  No wedding, but married.

Thanks, I was curious about that too. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Splithair said:

I had the impression that Evelyn's parents had married really young, but 21 and 24 is not unreasonable at all, especially 20 years ago. Makes it even more odd that they were on board with the whole teenage wedding. Especially when Evelyn does not come across as someone mature beyond her years. 

Maybe I'm strange -- well, okay, I am strange -- but it seemed weird for Evelyn's father to be walking his daughter down the aisle in the same dress his own wife wore on her wedding day.   He said he looked at her and was reminded of his wife and ... I don't know.  I could be thinking about it too much.   Where did that tradition come from anyway?

• Love 2

Shawn asking Evelyn & David about their wedding night was cringe worthy.  How is someone supposed to respond to such a stupid, intrusive question?  We don't need gory details. Evelyn's answer was actually quite humorous - "It was very wedding night-y."  'Nuff said.

Not one question, though, after all that whining this season, about how David feels settling into Claremont, near her parents.

At least Evelyn didn't sing.

• Love 9

Thought I was watching Vanderpump Rules with all of the "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" noise from Ashley. If it was your birthday, you should've done what you wanted to do and not make an ass out of yourself at the wedding. But, she got her present, more camera time.

I had the curling iron Libby's stylist used; it was called "Z-crimper", and yup, it made little z's in half of your hair and came in a Lisa Frank-colored box. Wish I still had it; I'd send it to Libby for a wedding gift.  

It was nice of Libby to share her dark lipstick with Evelyn. 

Nicole looked nice, but watching her with her mom makes me so sad. Robbalee knows one wrong move and Nicole and May will be gone. (but still within ATM reach). 

Nikki confused me; she seems like such a strong woman, yet she was blanketed over him in such a weird way. Horrible posture, almost sitting behind him, both arms around his, yet she was spitting venom at both Chis and David. Any armchair psychologists here?  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Olivia also called him her stepfather even though they supposedly were not married yet.

That is interesting as my younger son introduced his now stepfather as his stepfather back in May,  (We wed in October) I was surprised as I had never encouraged that, I am from the "Call him his first name, thanks" school of thought.  I actually found it sweet, and I tie it into the show as if you don't force these clowns down your kid's throat, it might come naturally.

54 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

gonecrackers, come sit with me.  I always enjoy your posts.

Per David Pour and the Wedding Day/Daughter's Birthday saga:  Yeah it really should not be a big deal, but I see the daughter as it is one MORE thing to say "Ya know what, daughter?  It is all about me.  And my new wife, not you.  Screw you!" Just a lifetime of slights, and now this.  I could care less if a parent remarried on my birthday (but then again they are deceased) but really who cares?  David Pour, your daughter does.  Perhaps you should have whipped out a calculator to see if the 90 day cutoff fell around your daughter's birthday.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Lunkhead is perfect.  I keep thinking of the actor who always played monsters on shows like The Monkees...googling...Richard Kiel!  Except I'm sure he was a sweetheart. (googling again) I'm right:)

and that is it..

1410453582569_700.jpg

Edited by Sinead
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per Molly:  Here is my take:  Officiant showed up, they signed the license and filed it.  In MN all you have to do is sign it and send it, no vows are necessary. 

This is really bugging me.  In Georgia you both have to go to the official govt agency, town hall, or whomever is giving out licenses.  You both need to bring proof of who you are and how old you are.  So, no official showed up with a license for them to apply for.  They would have already done that.  Then I would guess they sign the certificate at the actual wedding.  This would have happened at her home, after they had already applied. 

I can't figure out how MN would allow someone to just sign and mail their marriage license in without first proving who they were.  What if you had some comatose 90 year old billionaire and his caretaker forged his signature, with someone at town hall in on it.  He dies, she gets all his money.  You would think there would be more safeguards.  

7 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Nikki confused me; she seems like such a strong woman, yet she was blanketed over him in such a weird way. Horrible posture, almost sitting behind him, both arms around his, yet she was spitting venom at both Chis and David. Any armchair psychologists here?  

They all seem to crawl all over each other at the reunion.  Almost like trying to prove that what we saw wasn't really true.  

21 minutes ago, millennium said:

Maybe I'm strange -- well, okay, I am strange -- but it seemed weird for Evelyn's father to be walking his daughter down the aisle in the same dress his own wife wore on her wedding day.   He said he looked at her and was reminded of his wife and ... I don't know.  I could be thinking about it too much.   Where did that tradition come from anyway?

You’re not alone.  I found that slightly creepy.

• Love 4