Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Maybe, but those reasons have no impact on the existence of slaves or free blacks in colonial times, nor does it prove or disprove racism based on the misconception that New England had few slaves. There could be tons of reasons that an area does or does not attract a demographic - but his premise is that a specific demographic didn't exist in an area in sufficient numbers to perpetuate a population. That premise cannot be proven by historical facts.

There aren’t any major cities in New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont. There are minority populations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut because there are cities with housing, jobs and public transportation.  

And speaking of cold weather, that hasn’t stopped large populations of Brazilians and puerta ricans from coming to live in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has the third largest population of Brazilians in the country. Have no idea why. 

Does Georgia ave a big population of Spanish speaking immigrants?  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Lemons said:

There aren’t any major cities in New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont. There are minority populations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut because there are cities with housing, jobs and public transportation.  

And speaking of cold weather, that hasn’t stopped large populations of Brazilians and puerta ricans from coming to live in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has the third largest population of Brazilians in the country. Have no idea why. 

Framingham has a really large Brazilian population. MA and RI also have very large Portuguese populations . 2 of my best friends growing up were born in Portugal. I lived in Nashua, one of the largest cities In Nh. Very little minority population.  Manchester, the largest city in NH is 8 % Hispanic. They are the largest minority population.  Claremont is more likely to have Hispanic residents  than Black residents. I think southern NE an Northern NE are really really different. I think moving closer to Boston is a great idea

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

It just dawned on me that Applegate might have been deliberately staged as a kind of "Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden/Claremont" scenario. EVE-lyn gave him an apple and once he tried it, she expected his "eyes to be opened" like Adam's in Genesis. Plus we even got to hear the Wisdom of Solomon! 

I had a similar thought.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

So is Luis not able to do anything at all until the Green Card. He must be bored as all get out. There must be something he can do and I wonder if Molly even asked him. 

He can dust the million and a half knickknacks Molly has on every single surface in her home.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Instead of a cigarette afterwards they will each eat an apple. They can't share one because they do not get along at all.

David won't be able to say sex with so and so was so much better will he?   He might say it would of been better if they were in Virgin-ia.

I doubt either of them is as untouched as the producers would have you believe.  David Spain, as you guys call him, might not have fully  explored the buttless wonder's tunnel of love but Im willing to bet hes done the grown up with someone else before her.   I lived in Spain for four years and witnessed those horn dogs in action so i cant see him not being "baptized" before now.

Apple munching Mister Ed's little sister is plain, to say the least, and a bitch to boot. Thats why i surmise she  had to have something to set her apart from Spanish women her age to attract him.  Im guessing she has a heavy menu of unique "air starts" in her repertoire to mutually satisfy their carnal urges, but yet maintain her virginal status.  At least that would shut her up for a bit.

Edited by tincansailor981
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2017 at 10:18 PM, Adeejay said:

There was a huge difference between the way Mollie and Melanie went about things.  Mel was the one who approached Devar.  I have a feeling Luis harassed every American woman he came in contact with until he hit pay dirt.  Mel visited Jamaica regularly, plus Hunter and Devar used to skype regularly.   Devar seems like a gentleman; a decent stand up guy.  Luis on the other hand, is a crass, vulgar, opportunist pig. 

thats a good point. but my point still is that a lot of these people brought virtual strangers into their homes not just to visit, but live...(brett, etc) and care for their kids. but yeah no comparison between Luis <blech> and Devar, who does seem to be a good guy. as a parent, I still vehemently disagree with moving someone into your home with young kids without some sort of trial run first. You never know how charming or polite someone is going to be over a video chat and these are children. FYI, I feel this way here in America, I have a friend who has twice moved guys into her home with her son and I felt she was putting her needs above her kids. just my opinion--noone need agree, but once you have kids, they have to be your top priority.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Lemons said:

Hell yes!

12 hours ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

After watching that blond behemoth Nicole manhandling Azan, it really reminded me of everyone's favorite sea mammal,

The blond behemoth...... damn, gotta file that away for future use!  LOL!!!!  She's disgusting to say the least.  I think ol boy Azan would have for real smacked the shit out of her had the cameras not been rolling.  I do not believe in domestic violence of any type but ladies if you put your hands on someone don't be surprised by their reaction.  Something tells me being a bully to men is  part of her M.O.  Probably how she gets them to sleep with her...... either that or she visits any port where there's a U.S. Navy ship.  Ha!  Spent 30 years in that service and believe me, a pier queen like her would be scooped up (not literally) in a nanosecond.  18-30 year olds on a sexual seek and destroy mission don't turn down many, if any, willing partners.

12 hours ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

Drunken David is just so sleazy looking. Watching that doughy doofus make a complete ass of himself would've been funny if it wasn't so damn pathetic. Poor Annie was clearly embarrassed. 

The blob that drank Hollywood needs to get his 50+ year old ass together.  Hell, i don't even know him and i am embarrassed by his behavior.  As for the brother-in-law threatening to beat The Blob's ass, whatever dude.  He wasn't going to do shit but talk.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, PityFree said:

He can dust the million and a half knickknacks Molly has on every single surface in her home.

Something tells me Luis is taking the not being able to do anything at all until he gets a green card non professionally as well as professionally. He simply won't do anything at all, you know, out of reverence for the process. No dusting, no listening to a younger child's prattle, etc.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, tincansailor981 said:

Hell yes!

The blond behemoth...... damn, gotta file that away for future use!  LOL!!!!  She's disgusting to say the least.  I think ol boy Azan would have for real smacked the shit out of her had the cameras not been rolling.  I do not believe in domestic violence of any type but ladies if you put your hands on someone don't be surprised by their reaction.  Something tells me being a bully to men is  part of her M.O.  Probably how she gets them to sleep with her...... either that or she visits any port where there's a U.S. Navy ship.  Ha!  Spent 30 years in that service and believe me, a pier queen like her would be scooped up (not literally) in a nanosecond.  18-30 year olds on a sexual seek and destroy mission don't turn down many, if any, willing partners.

The blob that drank Hollywood needs to get his 50+ year old ass together.  Hell, i don't even know him and i am embarrassed by his behavior.  As for the brother-in-law threatening to beat The Blob's ass, whatever dude.  He wasn't going to do shit but talk.  

the bother in law was an idiot and I bet if there were no cameras it wouldnt have been so dramatic--no defending david, but the brother in law was an ass.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, Lily247 said:

Maybe we're old school but we were both raised in households where the man was in charge. If my husband explicitly tells me not to do something that would bother him, I listen and respect his wishes. I personally believe that men were designed to be in charge and make final decisions for their families, and that marriages tend thrive when this is in place, maybe this is no longer a popular opinion, but it is mine.

What I find interesting is this mindset often (but not always) goes hand-in-hand with the belief women are responsible for keeping men's sexual urges in check. Women are to dress "modestly," and be guarded in their demeanor around men, lest men be "tempted," causing them to lust after them - or worse! - which is a sin.

I find it curious why one (not saying you, @Lily247 ) would think someone who may be so easily led astray by the mere sight of a busom or thigh, to the point they lose control of their thoughts or actions, is qualified to lead or take charge of anything?

To put it another way: why are men, who women are told can't control themselves, automatically granted unilateral control over their family?

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Something tells me Luis is taking the not being able to do anything at all until he gets a green card non professionally as well as professionally. He simply won't do anything at all, you know, out of reverence for the process. No dusting, no listening to a younger child's prattle, etc.

I like him less with each passing week. There's just something about him that is extremely off putting.  If they do get married,  a combination of his cheating and laziness will cause the divorce within whatever minimum time frame there is for him to stay here afterward.  That is unless cheesy grits Molly decides to "git eem deported" a la Danielle.

Edited by tincansailor981
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Did anyone get the impression that hot mess Nicole was actually trying to control herself as she was accosting Azan?

I know how weird that sounds, but think about it.  She kept grunting, and "hmm...ing" before she spoke, like she was actually trying to choose her words carefully, even though they were still coming out wrong and she sounding like she was off her hinges.

And when she was trying to stop him from going inside, it was almost as if it were happening in slow motion. Her movements were very deliberate. She was trying to stop him, and it was, for lack of a better word, "controlled" -- as if in her head she thought what she was doing was okay. As if she actually didn't realize she was manhandling the poor guy.

I'm not saying this makes her any better.  Far from it!

It's still abuse, and it still makes me shudder for May!

It's just a new kind of weird.

I totally agree!!  She was actually trying to control herself, which as you said concerns me for May.  It also is concerning for Azan or anyone else who gets in her way.  I think without cameras she would become quite violent and then blame the victim, of course.  I'm not so sure Azan would have smacked her back, though.  He just doesn't give me that vibe.  So far, I like the way he comes off very kind and gentle with May.  He seems far more invested in May's health and well being than Nicole is.  Nicole just disgusts me.

• Love 9

Nicole is extremely needy and probably sexually frustrated, no one speaks her language, Morocco is not exactly a place where she can go out on her own and be a tourist and she has little interest in interacting with her daughter.  Azan is her one and only distraction (poor guy).  If the show's edited so we only see the fights then there's hope, but if this is the way the two of them behave all the time then there is no hope.  Azan doesn't even seem to want the almighty green card.  I have no idea why he's putting up with this, unless he's signed a contract or something.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Nicole is extremely needy and probably sexually frustrated, no one speaks her language, Morocco is not exactly a place where she can go out on her own and be a tourist and she has little interest in interacting with her daughter.  Azan is her one and only distraction (poor guy).  If the show's edited so we only see the fights then there's hope, but if this is the way the two of them behave all the time then there is no hope.  Azan doesn't even seem to want the almighty green card.  I have no idea why he's putting up with this, unless he's signed a contract or something.

Are there no translator apps from English to Moroccan Arabic?

I wonder if Nicole did venture out and see the sights (off camera). I hope Azan and his family encouraged her to.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, Normades said:

I don’t understand why Luis needs to watch Molly’s little girl.  Who watched her beforehand?  Molly has a good job and should be able to afford good childcare.  Moving Luis into their lives and having him be the caretaker for her girl is too much for both of them. 

It's summertime so there's no school. She's prbly in daycare normally M-F. Or maybe she has a nanny or housekeeper who watches her. But maybe Molly wanted Kensley and Luis to bond so she is keeping her home with him. Or maybe it was the wknd. She's 6 and she'll be starting kindergarten or 1st grade in a couple of months. Yep, it's definitely too much for Luis!

• Love 1

Nicole and Azan say goodbye in Morocco; David's kids meet Annie; Molly confronts Luis about his negative comments; Elizabeth hits Miami for her bachelorette party; Evelyn and David discuss their fight; Josh and Aika visit a fertility doctor.

3 hours ago, Normades said:

I totally agree!!  She was actually trying to control herself, which as you said concerns me for May.  It also is concerning for Azan or anyone else who gets in her way.  I think without cameras she would become quite violent and then blame the victim, of course.  I'm not so sure Azan would have smacked her back, though.  He just doesn't give me that vibe.  So far, I like the way he comes off very kind and gentle with May.  He seems far more invested in May's health and well being than Nicole is.  Nicole just disgusts me.

I agree that Azan is not the smacking type even though he was definitely pushed beyond his limit. Lucky for her, too because as far as I know, domestic violence is not considered a crime in Morocco. Nicole would have been black and blue and out of luck. 

Even then, I think she still would have been too stupid to fasten her sorry ass into a plane seat a moment sooner than her scheduled departure. 

I suppose if he were that type of guy, Azan wouldn't have taken a swing at her regardless because of the show and the persona he was trying to protect, but who knows? I'm sure he'll find himself another wife out of this just from the exposure alone. I'm not even sure why he's still with Nicole because he obviously resents the hell out of her.

There's this tipping point when another person has pushed you too far, and you retreat out of personal necessity, and then the other person just pushes and pushes and pushes until you absolutely detest the sight of them. They don't respect your need for space in the least. They don't even respect you.  In the end, their own neediness rules the day for them.

Recently, I dealt with that with a friend from years back and she would not. leave. me. the. f*ck. alone. What could have been mild annoyance festered into I just didn't like the sight of her face for some reason. Please don't analyze what that says about me.

How is she not picking up on what he's putting out? Her lack of insight is gargantuan. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Nicole is extremely needy and probably sexually frustrated, no one speaks her language, Morocco is not exactly a place where she can go out on her own and be a tourist and she has little interest in interacting with her daughter.  Azan is her one and only distraction (poor guy). 

Morocco is totally a place where she could go out on her own and be a tourist. She's just too lazy and dimwitted to do so. 

• Love 13

Once Nicole  leaves, Azan is going to need to change his phone number, Skype account, address, whatever, in order to escape the "Wrath of Nicole".  His whole family will probably need to also.  Nicole is not going to let go that easily. Even though he will not talk to her, touch her, even look at her, she is convinced he is the love of her life.  Didn't he say he was forced to leave his job because she would not stop calling while he was working?

Question: who pays for these people to travel to these countries? Where would Nicole get the money to fly herself & her child? Does TLC pay for this? 

• Love 7

I don't get Azan at all. He doesn't like Nicole. He doesn't like overweight women. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't like an average weight woman who wasn't in shape. Why doesn't he just call it off? Personally I don't think Nicole loves him either. She's just so insecure and needy it would be unlikely that she would be the one who would call it off.

• Love 9

In deference to the rules, I won't post spoilers here, but I did find some major tea to spill which is currently running down the Penguin and Annie board so check it out if you like!

2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't get Azan at all. He doesn't like Nicole. He doesn't like overweight women. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't like an average weight woman who wasn't in shape. Why doesn't he just call it off? Personally I don't think Nicole loves him either. She's just so insecure and needy it would be unlikely that she would be the one who would call it off.

She lusts after his "gym bod." That's about as good as it gets for her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Morocco is not exactly a place where she can go out on her own and be a tourist and she has little interest in interacting with her daughter.  

I have visited Morocco on my own on several occasions. Never had a problem and I am also very pale and very blonde (I don't blend in easily). 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I have visited Morocco on my own on several occasions. Never had a problem and I am also very pale and very blonde (I don't blend in easily). 

yeah, Morocco is not Saudi Arabia. It's full of European tourists. People take day trips over from Spain regularly. Should could definitely do the tourist thing.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I've been twice, wandered around Fez, Marrakech, Rabat, other smaller towns all on my own with no issues. I'm a red head with fair, freckled skin and the worst thing to deal with was pushy street vendors trying to sell trinkets in the touristy areas. That's when you keep walking and learn a simple phrase, "la, shukraan," (no thank you).

• Love 4
Just now, Gigglepuff said:

I've been twice, wandered around Fez, Marrakech, Rabat, other smaller towns all on my own with no issues. I'm a red head with fair, freckled skin and the worst thing to deal with was pushy street vendors trying to sell trinkets in the touristy areas. That's when you keep walking and learn a simple phrase, "la, shukraan," (no thank you).

I have to be honest, some of the warmest hospitality I've experienced has been in the Muslim-dominated countries. The only people I've ever had trouble with are other tourists. And yes, the worst thing to deal with are the vendors. I am a terrible haggler so trying to buy souvenirs is sometimes stressful for me, ha ha. 

I can't imagine having such a great opportunity like Nicole has and wasting it by beating up Azan. (Not minimizing what she did. I think she's horrible and that was some of the most uncomfortable television watching I've experienced.) 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Nicole is extremely needy and probably sexually frustrated, no one speaks her language, Morocco is not exactly a place where she can go out on her own and be a tourist and she has little interest in interacting with her daughter.  Azan is her one and only distraction (poor guy). 

she needs to go to the DR and find herself a horny Luis

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I have to be honest, some of the warmest hospitality I've experienced has been in the Muslim-dominated countries. The only people I've ever had trouble with are other tourists. And yes, the worst thing to deal with are the vendors. I am a terrible haggler so trying to buy souvenirs is sometimes stressful for me, ha ha. 

Morocco is the only Muslim country I've been to and I'd go back in a heartbeat. I've never met warmer, more welcoming, and helpful people in my life, though Cubans are equally as nice. It took me a bit to get used to the vendors. At first  I felt I was being rude by not buying their wares but it didn't take long before I learned that if I wasn't I inretested, to just keep walking or else I'd be coming home with several suitcases full of souvenirs!

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 4
On 11/26/2017 at 11:38 PM, fountain said:

What is all the talking that Nicole wants to do?  I have been married nearly 20 years and don’t recall much major talking that needed to be done on a daily basis.  Sure we communicate and talk about life, current events, what’s on sale for Cyber Monday, etc.  But I couldn’t figure out what Nicole means, does she just want to hang out with Azan? Talk about him coming to the US?  The fight just had no frame of reference for me and being part of a low-key, low-drama couple I just don’t understand Nicole.

I think from watching Nicole (both seasons) she’s very immature and stubborn like an ill-tempered donkey (might be an insult to actual donkeys).

She wants constant validation. I can only imagine how exhausting it must be to deal with her. Last season it was all about him not slathering all over her in public (or allowing her to him). Which is a no-no in Morocco. She’s probably still pissed that his Aunt wouldn’t allow them to share a bedroom (IMO it was offensive how she made him ask). Also a no-no in Morocco. 

Maybe if she got up before 3 pm there’d be more opportunities to hang out and “talk” more. Didn’t he say he got fired from his job cause she kept calling to “talk”.

Nicole needs to pick up the clue phone that’s been ringing off the hook. He’s just not into you. He exaggerated when he said he found you 55% attractive. That’s what drives me a little crazy about this show. Too many not so attractive (not only physically) Americans looking for “hot” spouses that they think are outside of their league in the US.

After watching this season, her father would be insane to still “sponsor” Azan. I’m pretty sure they are no longer together. Azan seems to be way over it at least.

Azan (or whatever his real name is) needs to get back on international dating sites and find a new ticket to the USA. He’s been on national TV! I recall re Mohamed there are plenty of American women who are apparently into that. Azan seems to be a nice guy (re no Mohamed).

I fully support Azan coming to the US! I still harbor the thought he’s gay and wants to come over here to be him...

• Love 4

I don't think Nicole has any interest in exploring Morocco on her own and she even seems reluctant to do so when she's with Azan to act as her tourist guide. I still think she sleeps a lot when he's not around, after all she's there to see HIM! Her idea of exploring an area is probably walking around an enclosed air conditioned mall with plenty of benches and fast food restaurants.  

• Love 8

I think ahead to the reunion show and I get sad because I know it will probably be useless Shaun hosting again.  I just want the chance to ask all the couples one simple question, "what do you like about your partner?"  I'll go out to buy, then eat, a hat if any of the couples beyond Elizabeth and Andrei can say anything besides generic "hot" or "nice".  

I totally understand being drawn in by the idea of someone, but that's lust, not love.  I know that if these people were rational, we'd have no show, but it's so frustrating not seeing anybody do anything intelligent week after week.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Morocco is the only Muslim country I've been to and I'd go back in a heartbeat. I've never met warmer, more welcoming, and helpful people in my life

Thanks for this! I was wondering myself what the deal was. I have a girlfriend who traveled to Morocco alone and said there were moments where she felt nervous as a woman alone, but that she loved it overall. However, that was years ago and I wasn't sure how or whether the Arab Spring had changed things on the ground for women. 

• Love 2

Boy oh boy Antonio gave The Penguin a good ol' fashioned Season 2 Nene read HAHAHAHHAA

The fact that a member of The Coven is named Becky is better than any Hollywood script

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 8

GRRR!  I had a bevy of quotes to talk about, and of course, the system ate them.  Trying to remember my cogent points.

David Spain/Warb-elyn - I hate the word "elitist".  No one uses it correctly anymore.  Most people use it to describe anyone who thinks differently of them (helllooooo Family Evelyn).  In some ways, David Spain is like Mr. Funky was when he first moved to BFE Pennsylvania, where I live.  He went from a medium sized city in PA to a large city in OH, to a place that makes Claremont look like Manhattan.  He hated it, and was always saying stuff like "As soon as you graduate college, we're out of here!".  We never left the general area (but did leave Tinyville as soon as we could).  Not that I have deep love of this area -  I don't.  I could happily move elsewhere.  But he was able to put distance between himself and his evil family (something D&E need to do) and he put some roots down, and decided it wasn't horrible.  And we're an easy drive to a lot of places when we want to get out for a bit.  I don't think poorly of David for asking if the people who ran the restaurant were Mexican.  There's a Chinese restaurant here I used to love, but something changed about it.  It was still OK, but not as good as it once was.  Then we found out that the Chinese family that ran it left a relative in charge and moved to Florida.  They hired mostly Mexicans to make the food.  I'm not downing them at all, but it just didn't taste quite the same anymore - we noticed it before we found that out.  Then it was in the paper that the relative hired a bunch of illegals and was forcing them to live above the restaurant with no heat, and sleeping on a bare floor and threatening them with INS if they complained, and not paying them, saying that the "room and board" was their pay - it's pretty bad when the workers are the ones that turn you in. We stopped going after that.  I won't patronize any place that treats human beings that poorly.  But anyway, David could tone down the "This sucks!" talk, but I'm willing to cut him a little bit more slack because he's got some culture shock going on, and no one seems to be listening to his wishes (although he could communicate them a bit better).

David Poor/Annie - Mr. Funky was a binge drinker.  I've said before that I see the signs in David Poor.  Diabetics can drink alcohol, but they need to be careful because it can cause swings in glucose, and in an impaired state, you may not notice the warning signs of a low (highs are bad, but they won't kill you fast like a low will).  He's just a sad state of affairs all the way around, and I'm starting to not pay attention to them.

Nicole/Azan - I fast forwarded all of their stuff, and I never do that.  I'm over them officially.

Molly/Luis - Blech.  Send his ass back to the DR, poste-haste.  I'm getting tired of them too.  No man is worth sacrificing your kids.  Mr. Funky's cousin did that, and now two of her kids don't speak to her.

Aika/Josh - He's just creepy.  I didn't mind him at first, but then I realized that he somewhat reminds me of a friend in the entertainment industry.  That faded away quickly - my friend has a heart of gold and treats people well.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

What I am saying here is only my opinion & experience:

Mr. Tostandon is a recovering alcoholic. He's been sober for 32 years. When we got married, I asked him to please not drink on our wedding day till after the vows were said. That I would even need to ask that should have been a red flag for me but I was young, 22, he was 24.  3 years later, he went into a 31 day treatment program.  Today, 32 years later, he is still sober & very involved in a 12 step program, not because he craves alcohol but to help others...and himself. We know one too many who have thought they were "cured" & started drinking. 

As far as a David Poor goes, the only one who can say he is an alcoholic is David Poor himself. Anna, Enabler Friend, Enabler Friend's wife & brother can say his drinking bothers them. What we learned was, it's not what you drink, when you drink or how often you drink, it's how your personality changes when you do drink, that makes it problem drinking. 

From my experience, David Poor is not going to go 90 days without having a drink. Mr Tostandon use to find other ways to get alcohol, develop a cold & guzzle Nite-Qyl..brush your teeth & drink the mouthwash. He will then find some reason to get angry at Anna and say he has to drink to deal with it. 

The fact that Anna had given him ultimatums & make deals with him is a huge red flag and David Poor will resent her for this. If she goes thru with the marriage, her threats will become empty threats, just as his promises will be.

Been there, done that.  Glad your husband is also a friend of Bill W, as Mr. Funky is.  Mr. Funky had 17 years in, but didn't realize he was just handing off one thing for another, and actually asked if I thought he could drink socially.  I sadly didn't see an issue with it, and he never really did let it get out of control, but it started a downward spiral of a lot of issues, and a doctor insisted he become a friend of Bill W, and he's got a year plus back in, and is doing much better.  I am a friend of Bill's wife Lois, and it's helping me immensely.

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, fountain said:

What is all the talking that Nicole wants to do?  I have been married nearly 20 years and don’t recall much major talking that needed to be done on a daily basis.  Sure we communicate and talk about life, current events, what’s on sale for Cyber Monday, etc.  But I couldn’t figure out what Nicole means, does she just want to hang out with Azan? Talk about him coming to the US?  The fight just had no frame of reference for me and being part of a low-key, low-drama couple I just don’t understand Nicole.

They edit so much out, for instance their argument about him calling her a racist simply bc she's from the US and disapproves of bootleg CDs.

In Nicole's defense, Azan kind of admits that he shuts down and refuses to talk he doesn't like her tone or what she's saying. (He said in the TH w/ both of them that he chooses not to talk to her bc it will go on and on forever if he does. And he also refuses to talk to her if she "have a good way of saying it" or something. Ughhhh I have known men like that! Men generally talk less than women and some ppl are especially conflict avoidant. Or just avoidant. Not condoning her hitting him or screaming at him but I have known that feeling of frustration when I'm having issues w/ a SO and he just walks away or hangs up. Really infuriating.

• Love 9

TUNEFUL'S ROGUE GALLERY, Part I.  

02297307b10757e741f527432a8382d0_sean-pe

Josh     (Sean Penn)

59e754ae729623133f9a9b46b147aa33--john-wJosh

Devilyn, Molly, and Elizabeth...who needs the red, BJ lipstick, though      (Divine (center) and two others, John Waters' "Female Trouble")

jimmie-walker1-221x337.jpg?resize=310,47

Luis    (Jimmie Walker, "Good Times," and they certainly are)

03-splash.jpg

Three guesses...three sheets to the wind.         (John Candy, "Splash")

UncleLeo.jpg

Aika and her Sharpie eyebrows        (Uncle Leo, "Seinfeld")

7258395_orig.jpg

Devilyn      (Compare and contrast to someone who could really sing AND play the drums...Karen Carpenter, and boy, do we need her now)

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 5
On 11/28/2017 at 1:31 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

If Evelyn went to college she would have to leave Claremont. If you are Claremont bred, in Claremont you must remain. I'm starting to think they have a lottery every year, if you know what I mean.

I don't get the impression that her family is all that concerned with higher education. They care about the band but not necessarily exposing their children to ideas not found in the bible. They have no intellectual curiosity at all. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

In Nicole's defense, Azan kind of admits that he shuts down and refuses to talk he doesn't like her tone or what she's saying. (He said in the TH w/ both of them that he chooses not to talk to her bc it will go on and on forever if he does. And he also refuses to talk to her if she "have a good way of saying it" or something. Ughhhh I have known men like that! Men generally talk less than women and some ppl are especially conflict avoidant. Or just avoidant. Not condoning her hitting him or screaming at him but I have known that feeling of frustration when I'm having issues w/ a SO and he just walks away or hangs up. Really infuriating.

I think it's pretty common for someone who is being abused to shut down.  I can't fault Azan for that.  I've had up close experience with this and that's exactly what it looked like to me.  Also, we only have Nicole's word for what was said and I have to take that with several grains of salt.  I don't doubt there are bad feelings toward the US and Nicole is not a good ambassador for us, but I just can't take her word on it.  I also have to imagine that they are all sick to death of this spoiled jackass who sleeps all day, doesn't respect their culture, expects everyone else to care for her small child, and physically abuses their son/nephew/friend.  All of that would make me say some not very nice things to her.

• Love 10

Nicole is very, very, very (to the nth degree) insecure.  She obtained Hassan though the internet and quickly began the Magical Thinking that she had something to offer him in exchange for his Out Of Her League body and face.  The only thing she can offer him is $$$.  She's completely into controlling him.  The smug look on her face when he admitted that she called him "a hundred times a day" to get him back, was chilling. She is horrid. Nicole thinks that she does not have to change one bit (put on some makeup, get a cute haircut, drop a few pounds, or even just Dress For Her Size in a Pretty Way).  Nope.  Nada.  She is what she is and he'd BETTER NOT WANT TO CHANGE HER!  Meanwhile, I bet she doesn't want him to change much....he needs to stay cute and attractive and in love with her.  Once she gets a whiff that he is not into her, like when he wants to go out with a friend or not spend time talking to her ad nauseam, she gets enraged and demands his attention.  This is painful for all of us.  Hassan, take us all out of our misery and wrap this up.  Get your money and run.....

As an aside, I think Nicole is way more controlling than either Spain David or Andreiiiii.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Tuneful said:

7258395_orig.jpg

Devilyn      (Compare and contrast to someone who could really sing AND play the drums...Karen Carpenter, and boy, do we need her now)

Edited 2 hours ago by Tuneful.

Yeah... but she also had a creepy brother and weird parents.

She was exceptionally talented.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BunchOMalarkey said:

I don't get the impression that her family is all that concerned with higher education. They care about the band but not necessarily exposing their children to ideas not found in the bible. They have no intellectual curiosity at all. 

they could at least get a theology or biblical history degree.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I think it's pretty common for someone who is being abused to shut down.  I can't fault Azan for that.  I've had up close experience with this and that's exactly what it looked like to me.  Also, we only have Nicole's word for what was said and I have to take that with several grains of salt.  I don't doubt there are bad feelings toward the US and Nicole is not a good ambassador for us, but I just can't take her word on it.  I also have to imagine that they are all sick to death of this spoiled jackass who sleeps all day, doesn't respect their culture, expects everyone else to care for her small child, and physically abuses their son/nephew/friend.  All of that would make me say some not very nice things to her.

In this case, I don't think Azan shuts down because he is "being abused". I think both Azan and Nicole act abusive in their own way. She will lash out and hit and he makes her feel like shit all the time. As much as we don't like Nicole and possibly agree with some of the things Azan says to her, SHE may feel emotionally abused. She is much softer spoken this season which tells me Azan is training her well. I also think Nicole will probably get a good back-handed smack as soon as the cameras are gone and just like that the tables will turn. She doesn't hurt Azan. I'm not giving her an excuse for pushing him, I'm just saying, he's fine. He's not scared of her. 

I was in an abusive relationship and I was very scared and I did shut down like you're saying. Sometimes, I tried to defend myself and then I was accused of being abusive. To be clear, my abuser was a fighter and had been in several serious fights throughout his life. He hurt a guy so bad that he was sued for injuries and owed him 200k. But as soon as I tried to fight back, he acted like he was soooo hurt BY ME. I'm 100 lbs and 5'3. I have no training whatsoever and have never been in a fight besides with him. I assure you, he was not hurt. And I seriously doubt Nicole can really hurt Azan. He could easily restrain her fat ass if he wanted to. It will happen eventually. Azan is not abused. He's not scared. That doesn't mean Nicole should hit him or anyone. But I do think there's a difference between a push from an out of shape woman and a hit from a man. Both can be considered abuse but one is definitely more harmful. 

Anyway, I don't know why I told y'all all that but something about calling Nicole abusive, with Azan being an innocent victim, is triggering me. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Tuneful said:

jimmie-walker1-221x337.jpg?resize=310,47

Luis    (Jimmie Walker, "Good Times," and they certainly are)

OMG, that’s the strip club facial expression! Glad I wasn’t eating or drinking anything or my tablet would have npbeen doomed! You nailed it!

Maybe Devilyn should meet Edie the Egg Lady, another memorable John Water’s character.