Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

OK, time for me to stand up for New England.  Lack of diversity does not automatically mean racism.  I grew up in a very white town (in NE).  Suburban, not rural.  We had a few families from non-caucasian backgrounds, and to my knowledge, there was never any friction over it.  And trust me, I went to elementary and middle school with some of those kids.  If race was an issue, it would have been a point of teasing for the little shitballs in that age group.  I'll be honest, it is a super elitist town, but they discriminate based off of wealth, not skin color.  Most of the population just didn't meet many people of color growing up.  Unfamiliarity doesn't automatically make you racist.  When I lived in Alaska, basically nobody there had ever met anyone Jewish.  Didn't mean they were all anti-semitic.

And Ballisticnikki, I didn't say David totally wasn't an alcoholic, just that he wasn't in the traditional (what most people think of) sense.  Binge drinking can be a very serious issue, but it's a different issue than standard barflies.  :)

Edited by Kangatush
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Or like she DID believe him before she flew to the USA, but then found out he lied about his financial/domestic situation.  What rational human being would leave their homeland to hitch their wagon to a media equipment installer with kids he never sees (and probably doesn't support), a criminal record for domestic violence, a history of garnished wages, who lives with multiple roommates because he probably can't afford a decent place on his own (not that he could pass a criminal background check if he did apply for an apartment on his own).

If someone told me he was financially stable, but I was having to share a residence with a bunch of strangers, I might think he was stashing money away . . . and maybe I'd ask for a larger diamond because he was rude enough to want me to wear his ex's old ring.

With his criminal history is Josh even allowed to go into C2 Tactical?  If he's on probation or has a felony record, he can't possess a gun, so shouldn't he be prohibited from going to the firing range?  Why did C2 Tactical allow this?

5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

With his criminal history is Josh even allowed to go into C2 Tactical?  If he's on probation or has a felony record, he can't possess a gun, so shouldn't he be prohibited from going to the firing range?  Why did C2 Tactical allow this?

The assault/DV charge was dropped because the victim refused to cooperate with a trial.  Doesn't mean he didn't do it.  Just ask the cops who had to break down the door to his apartment.

Pretty sure C2 Tactical isn't going to risk their reputation for a reality show.  Most gun ranges are extremely careful to obey the law.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What kind of business does Molly have? I'm trying to envision it.  It's hard.  

I do not care for Josh, but, the idea of the fiance whining, begging, insisting, pressuring someone to give you an item that you cannot afford is really bizarre to me.  If you don't have the money, you don't have the money.  I'm not sure what about that that is so hard to comprehend.  It's like she just didn't believe him.  If he lives with a couple of roommates, it's obvious that he is not financially secure. The insistence on a new diamond seemed distasteful.  

I suspect that a good chuck of Josh's income is "off the books,"  which would make it hard to get his own apartment or finance a ring. 

• Love 3

If I ever have visitors from Italy, I'm going to take a page from the Family Evelyn Hospitality Book and take them to Pizza Hut for lunch and Olive Garden for dinner! 

My favorite Nicole/Azan scene: 

in the living room...Nicole: "Can't we just TALK?" Azan: "No, I don't want to..."

in the hallway...Nicole: "Can't we just TALK?" Azan: "No, I don't want to..."

in the bedroom doorway...Nicole: "Can't we just TALK?" Azan: "No, I don't want to..." (closes door in her face--and scene...)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

I haven't had Mexican food in Florida. I suspect it is different than Arizona which in the Sonoran desert.  Florida probably has more Cuban influence.

I get the general point you're trying to make, but you understand that not all Mexican food is Sonoran, right? What you consider authentic, good Mexican food is not what I would necessarily consider good, authentic Mexican food, and I'm actually Mexican-American. It's just, I'm from Texas so what I was raised on isn't the same. In fact, the authentic food I get from my family or local places here in the Austin/San Antonio corridor is vastly different that what I'd get out in El Paso or down in the Valley.  And, not for nothing, but my parents lived just north of the Keys for a couple of years while I was in college and the only Mexican place in their neighborhood was pretty much exactly like Mexican places we ate at regularly in San Antonio. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I suspect that a good chuck of Josh's income is "off the books,"  which would make it hard to get his own apartment or finance a ring. 

Well, THAT honestly never occurred to me, but - by golly - I think you may be onto something there.

Several folks on this season look to enjoy "self-medicating" . . . so there's a market right there!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

It would be factual honesty to express those things while they were planning their future. It would even be factual honesty to express the need for a place with a job. What makes him "elitist" or "a snob" or a grade A douchebag is his constant "Spain is better" comments. He slams absolutely everything because it isn't Spain. No mountain is nice. No apple tastes good. Food must suck because the chef is white. He knew where she lived. If he wants Spain, he should have stayed in Spain.

Agreed, they BOTH should have made their positions known beforehand but didn't. That's absolutely on BOTH of them. But his Spain is better commentary didn't begin until Evelyn started her Clairmont is perfect trill and angelic smile. Initially it was about compromise and potentially moving someplace where he could actually get a meaningful job with the degree he's apparently just received (although the whole "need warmer weather spiel did him no favors). Now it's his kneejerk reaction to her bullshit about the fairytale wonderland that is her hometown. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Custom lingerie that specialized in hard to fit women.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Cosign all of this. Not all that much has changed in a lot of places. My family and I stayed in a mountain town in the Smokies of East Tennessee. We had a great time and I remember telling my best friend at work that our families should all travel there the next year. She looked at me and said, "Yeah, but could my family and I go there?" It made me realize that I had not seen a single black person during our whole trip. That was 10 years ago and the first time I had white privilege hit me straight on the nose. My friend even told me there were some camp grounds in our home state where she would not feel safe or comfortable staying. Sometimes, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  

Yes. So many (White) ppl never have that eureka moment.

Same. Somewhere above a poster referred to census data from 1970 and up that shows diversity surges in the upper northeast. Interestingly, I am currently reading a book where-in a journalist that specializes in data diving has compared census figure changes by county across America from Jim Crow era and up to find multiple examples of "racial cleansing" throughout America. Basically showing population drops that are so severe within a county (with collateral information such as spikes during the same period in adjacent counties, etc.) When he finds these types of analytics then he does the requisite research and then finds some sort of event occurred that was basically Rosewood Florida levels of chasing away the black population. It's pretty damn common and pretty damn chilling. It's making me look askance at a lot of towns that are THAT homogeneous.

• Love 6

I went to a family camp on a NH lake for years and years. An early brochure I saw for the place (maybe 1929?) said For gentile families. Now, the place is full of families of every religion and every skin color, frolicking happily on the beach,, doing the hoky-poky in the rec hall, and singing Kumbayah around the campfire.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

The Green Books ceased publication because of the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Sundown towns and discrimination continued in spite of this. A town doesn't have to be on a register of sundown towns to be/have been enforcing de facto segregation. Restrictive covenants, steering and white flight were a quiet way to maintain a racially homogenous community - without the direct threat of violence. Real estate listings on Facebook this year have been using a method of steering to target buyers.

White supremacists have marched repeatedly in Charlottesville and killed a woman this year. 2017, 1926 and 1966 really aren't all that different.

Plus, there's that attempted lynching in the predominantly white and small population town of Claremont that keeps getting swept under the rug.

What were the total populations of these towns that saw "massive" increases in black populations? Those numbers look small for an almost 50 year period. 6 million black people migrated throughout the US in a similar number of years during the Great Migration. 2010 census shows a 1.1% total black population in New Hampshire - 0.6% for Claremont. Bragging rights are not in order.

White supremacists march and sadly probably always will, but their numbers are tiny compared to in 1966.  There were an estimated 6 million of the bastards in the 1920s, now there are 5 to 8 thousand.  The black % of the NH population nearly doubled from 1990 to 2010, and has more than tripled since 1970.  The numbers are still small, but that is likely because historically there were few blacks in NH due to a lack of slaves and colder, rural areas not being desirable areas to migrate to from the South.  I don't doubt discrimination also played a role many years ago, but the minority population has been steadily growing in that region for 40 plus years now.  

• Love 6

I'm guessing no Spanish woman has been interested in stick-up-his-ass David, which is why he's ended up a 26-year-old virgin. He and Evelyn have zero in common, don't seem to love each other and I doubt they even like one another.

I'm bored with Josh and Aika. They're as bad as one another and deserve whatever their relationship brings them. It certainly won't be happiness.

David needs to get his drinking under control. I agree that he is showing signs of being a binge alcoholic - one drink and he can't stop, and it's damaging his personal relationships, jeopardising the roof over his head and alienating everyone around him. Run, Annie, Run.

Nicole, ugh. Just ugh. Azan needs to DTMFA.

I'm wondering if Elizabeth and Andrei's relationship is based on kink/BDSM. She's definitely in some kind of thrall to him and it might explain why she's so willing to be submissive to him. Just a thought.

I really like Mollie. I think she has a good heart but she's clearly not thought about the implications of marrying Luis. At the very least, she needs a pre-nup to protect her home, business and children's security. I have no idea what she sees in him. He's utterly charmless, and oh, dear God, is this the ugliest face ever seen on 90DF? Even worse than Dinyell?

Capture.JPG

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Well, THAT honestly never occurred to me, but - by golly - I think you may be onto something there.

Several folks on this season look to enjoy "self-medicating" . . . so there's a market right there!

Pure speculation on my part, but with those meth eyes, it's not much of a stretch. 

Honestly, given his look, I'm surprised his criminal record is not more extensive. He's done some hard time somewhere.  In jail?  On the streets?  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

OK, time for me to stand up for New England.  Lack of diversity does not automatically mean racism.  I grew up in a very white town (in NE).  Suburban, not rural.  We had a few families from non-caucasian backgrounds, and to my knowledge, there was never any friction over it.  And trust me, I went to elementary and middle school with some of those kids.  If race was an issue, it would have been a point of teasing for the little shitballs in that age group.  I'll be honest, it is a super elitist town, but they discriminate based off of wealth, not skin color.  Most of the population just didn't meet many people of color growing up.  Unfamiliarity doesn't automatically make you racist.  When I lived in Alaska, basically nobody there had ever met anyone Jewish.  Didn't mean they were all anti-semitic.

It may or may not be racist (and a White person wouldn't exactly be the best one to assess that.) It could simply be uncomfortable/isolating/not desirable. He could prbly deal w/ NE if it was a bigger city...tho there's still the weather issue

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Between the bow tie, suspenders, bulging eyes and facial grimace, all I can see is a ventriloquist's dummy. 

That's why I posted he reminded me of Howdy Doody many pages back. :)

howdy2.jpg.09dcd3afe8d68da2b1a65c9cae71f447.jpg

• Love 7

Stars Hollow/Claremont, NH could be the most diverse, awesome community in the USA but it wouldn't matter.  David wants to be in Virginia with his friends.  That is his endgame.  Virginia.  He is marrying this dumb spoiled brat in order to get to Virginia.  He will criticize every detail of that town until he gets his way.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Melanie went to Jamaica more times than Molly went to DR.  Also, Melanie's soon seemed to know who Devar was, as if he'd seen him before, maybe face time.  Molly's daughters acted like they'd never seen Luis before.  

But I agree with you that anybody who brings a stranger home to live with them and their minor child is cray cray.  

yes she did--she bragged about spending $38000 on those trips. She did a good job buying herself a hubby, who happens to be a very nice guy. again, she is lucky it worked out for her, you really take a chance bringing a stranger into your home.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

White supremacists march and sadly probably always will, but their numbers are tiny compared to in 1966.  There were an estimated 6 million of the bastards in the 1920s, now there are 5 to 8 thousand.  The black % of the NH population nearly doubled from 1990 to 2010, and has more than tripled since 1970.  The numbers are still small, but that is likely because historically there were few blacks in NH due to a lack of slaves and colder, rural areas not being desirable areas to migrate to from the South.  I don't doubt discrimination also played a role many years ago, but the minority population has been steadily growing in that region for 40 plus years now.  

America still has many racial problems to work out, but I agree with you that it's not the 1960s anymore.  I spent hours interviewing (black and white) veterans of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1950s and 1960s when I was in college, and they would be pretty surprised by the people on here that think we've made no progress.  But I'll get back to the main topic of this forum.

If David Spain is so worldly and loves cosmopolitan cities and diversity and all that- he has no business moving to NH and marrying a sheltered 18 year old girl.  Seriously.  If he loves Virginia so much he should have looked for a woman from that state.

In other news, why didn't Molly send Louis on a plane back to the DR the minute he started gripping about missing his single life so much?  I would have kicked him to the curb the minute he started griping about my 6 year old daughter.

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

White supremacists in designated clubs and organizations, sure. But not every white supremacist in in the KKK, etc. There are far more people who harbor the same ideology, but don't want to join an organization. More than a few thousand.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Molly owns a very successful boutique that sells custom-fitted undergarments. She fits people who normally have trouble finding a proper fit in regular stores. Her business is well respected.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Stars Hollow/Claremont, NH could be the most diverse, awesome community in the USA but it wouldn't matter.  David wants to be in Virginia with his friends.  That is his endgame.  Virginia.  He is marrying this dumb spoiled brat in order to get to Virginia.  He will criticize every detail of that town until he gets his way.

He couldn't find some Virginia 15 year old's bikini photos to like on Instagram? Poor planning.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, KikiBda said:

Is Mollys young daughter special needs? 

What made you ask that? Physically or mentally or enotionally? She doesn't seem to be at all. 

Are you asking bc of the swing?

I think she's just one of those sassy kids who was never told "be quiet."

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

If David Spain is so worldly and loves cosmopolitan cities and diversity and all that- he has no business moving to NH and marrying a sheltered 18 year old girl.  Seriously.  If he loves Virginia so much he should have looked for a woman from that state.

He saw the smooth transition Pao had by marrying a simple Okie petroleum engineer then forcing him to move to Miami to sell empanadas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

But if these friends were actually his classmates in the international business program from which he graduated, it would make sense & not seem so superfluous a goal. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

What made you ask that? Physically or mentally or emotionon ally? She doesn't seem to be at all. 

Are you asking bc of the swing?

I think she's just one of those sassy kids who was never told "be quiet."

I can't recall what she did in a few ep back. I have wanted to ask since then but I was reading on a device I wasn't signed into.

If no one else noticed that's good, it means it was just me.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, millennium said:

There was an instant where Azan seemed about to smack her.   He moved towards her, then looked back at the camera and thought better of it. 

I was repulsed by the scene with Antonio vs. David Pour(me another).   What happens between David and Annie is none of Antonio's business.   It's okay to personally and privately disapprove of David's behavior but Antonio had no right to get in David's face and publicly embarrass him like that.   It's not like David was physically abusing Annie and Antonio had to step in to prevent her from getting hurt.  Nor is Antonio paying the bill for sheltering David and Annie.   Antonio had no grounds whatsoever to challenge David -- except that Antonio regards David as less than human because David is broke, and that strips David of all rights and respect in his eyes.    Beneath all the cliched flamboyance, Antonio's attack on David was just hateful and cruel, and says more about Antonio's damaged personality than David's.

I congratulate Family Evelyn on their composure and kindness when dealing with El Douchebag.   I think it's wise of them to hold back and allow Evelyn to come to her own realization that David Spain is a horrible little man.  His habitual superiority is maddening.  Evelyn could take him to the top of Mt. Washington, push him off, and on the way down he'd say, "I'd fall further if we were in the Swiss Alps."   SO WHAT if the Mexican restaurant is owned by white people?   SO WHAT if Claremont isn't diverse?   It's not like there are armed guards posted at the town line turning people of color away.   That's just how the demographic has worked out over the years.    It doesn't make it a bad place.   It doesn't make it unworthy of respect.  I applaud Evelyn and her brother for their love and appreciation of their hometown and its rural beauty.   I'm a native New Englander.  It's a beautiful, historic region, and many who live there never want to leave.    I'll also defend the Family Evelyn for wanting to keep their band together.   Even if it's the worst band in the world, it's obviously an extension of their family and very important to them.   Are they so awful for hoping they can hold on to something -- and someone -- they love?   They've already said they won't stand in the way whatever Evelyn decides.

Luis' breakdown in the car was probably the most honest moment I've seen in this show.  "My single life!"  I don't like him at all but I am tempted to start a GoFundMe to buy him a ticket home.   Anything to save him from indentured servitude to that abominable woman with the cartoon voice.

Thank GOD someone else thinks Antonio is ridiculous.  He just wanted screen time, "period point blank."  Poor Annie was just bewildered... and I am still not totally sure about what David said to cause that very extra tirade.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

In defense of ppl from big, cool cities...we just honestly & innocently believe that big cool cities are best & assume everyone else thinks so, too. When we find out ppl from small, homogeneous towns wouldn't necessarily move to our big, cool cities in a heartbeat if they had the chance, we assume it's just bc they just don't know any better. And if we could only show them what they've been missing.....

I think it must be hard....er...difficult for a 26 y/o male virgin, especially coming....er....hailing from a cosmopolitan place. Adult who are virgins for religious reasons are few & far btwn nowadays. Just finding Evelyn must have felt like finding a soulmate on some level for him. Maybe they made too much of that shared trait & didn't consider all of the other ways they're different. 

Idk what can causes David Spain's discomfort next week when Evelyn broaches the subject of sex but i have read that once a person reaches his /her 30s without ever having had sex, they will forever experience problems w intimacy (of a sexual nature). Like that window closes after a certain point & cannot be reopened. (Anyone else familiar w that theory?) It looks like David Spain's sex train is huffing & hissing & half way out of the station already. (Can men be frigid? Lol)

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

I can't imagine having that fucking toad loser doddering around my house saying stupid shit all day.

Omg!! Luis totally reminds me of that toad from Thumbelina. "I marry her!"

• Love 5
On 11/21/2017 at 2:49 AM, Stripper Glitter said:

The more I watch of Nicole & Azan the more they remind me of my post-high school roommate and her now-ex husband. Gay ex-husband. Back during their engagement he pushed her to lose weight, which she did via Weight Watchers. She wasn't even that overweight, maybe 15-20 lbs. But he really bitched about it. They were married like 20 years or so, he had at least one affair with a man before they finally split. Could be Nicole and Azan's future? He acts and even looks a LOT like my friend's ex. It's freaky.

Also, Nicole and Molly are built the same - inverted triangles.

I like Andrei. When he smiles it looks really genuine. I don't understand Pink Lips' need to make him out to be this hot-headed potentially abusive asshole. 

I thought the same thing about Azan.  I bet his family is pressuring him to get married so he picked the girl he thought least likely could afford to bring him to the US.  Good beard for at least a little while.  Or maybe he figures it's a sure thing in that she'll be desperate to marry him and he'll be able to be more openly gay there after he gets the green card.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

What I remember about Melanie and Devar was they had a lot in common.  I think both of them were into fitness; they went running together, they went to the gym together, etc.  There also have been a few couples, who had religion in common.  None of these couples seem to have anything in common, at all.  Sometimes it feels they don't even like each other.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, liammaam said:

Thank GOD someone else thinks Antonio is ridiculous.  He just wanted screen time, "period point blank."  Poor Annie was just bewildered... and I am still not totally sure about what David said to cause that very extra tirade.

David Poor accused Antonio of saying that stuff outside by the hot tub bc he wants to fuck Chris. Which makes no sense whatsoever beyond just being a homophobic jab.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

Molly is looking for a wife. 

There were many times I wish I'd had a wife instead of a husband (without any sex involved) when I was raising my five kids :-)

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

One of my favorite memories is of sitting inside a cafe off a back alleyway in Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic. It was January and bitter cold outside but big, fat fluffy snowflakes were falling everywhere. The cobblestone streets were covered in a blanket of white and as we sipped on our hot chocolate, we had an amazing view of the pink-tipped castle in the distance. 

One of my other favorite memories is of sitting in my living room in my tiny, tiny town in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. It was January and all the leaves were off the trees, giving us a gorgeous view of the Appalachian Mountains. We sipped hot chocolate and watched the sun sink down over the river valley below. 

Point being, sometimes your window to the world really IS your own front door. I am well-traveled (visited 32 countries and lived in 4). I married a foreigner who is also well-traveled. Received my BA in the south's largest city and my MA abroad. I travel extensively throughout the US during the year in support of my business. I still prefer the small, sometimes backwards, town where I am from-even though it lacks chain stores and interstate access. 

I didn't think Evelyn OR David Spain came off well in this episode. He WAS kind of pompous and rude; Evelyn won't give an inch and doesn't know the meaning of the word "compromise." She doesn't want to leave the Claremont area, he wants to live in a different kind of environment. Neither one of them are wrong, but neither decision meshes with the other. This is something that should have been sorted out long before the engagement and really should have been the dealbreaker if it truly matters that much to both of them. 

You should consider writing for travel magazines. Seriously.

• Love 4
On 11/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, annewithaneee said:

I can't deal. I kinda want him to go to the US, get a job at the podunk YMCA or whatever, and watch him try that on a not-Nicole fat lady and get straight up punched in the dick. 

I actually laughed out loud.  Thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Holy shit!

When Evelyn and David Spain AND her brother were sitting up on the rocks, I kept thinking of the movie IT, like small town with the streak of horror. 

I guess I wasn't that far off the mark.

David Spain would do well to take Evelyn and run although I still don't like seeing her separated from her family. Reason being that he's a spirit-breaking kind of guy.

What putty-butt doesn't realize is that the mark of a truly sophisticated person is the ability to make others feel at ease. He could put his emphasis on leaving to find a better job, a career where he could keep Evelyn in a better lifestyle, find her more musical opportunities there, visit home a lot, etc., instead of knocking the only home they've ever known.

Yep, and I think both Evelyn and Brother kind of said the same thing. Better job or schooling opportunities are legitimate reasons to contemplate moving away. But just a few buddies down in VA with a somewhat more tolerable winter climate? Sorry, that wouldn't convince me either. Boston seems like a reasonable compromise, but somehow it has never entered the conversation.

• Love 6

Evelyn and David Spain - They have zero chemistry.  They don't appear to like each other and they show zero respect.  If Evelyn was raised to submit to her husband, she is doing a poor job of it.  She fights him at every turn.  Who knows what he expected from his visits with her in Spain and their computer communications?  Whatever it was, IRL, life with her is uncomfortable and he is lashing out to a teenager for being willful.  Good luck with that.  He's a bit old for her chronologically, but his maturity level is going down down down every minute he spends in Stars Hollow with her.  Her family is provincial and defensive.  They should be guiding their TEENAGER to wait and not marry HIM because they have very little in common, instead of criticizing her fiancé behind his back.

Bahtman David is very pathetic, yet he has The Moves to get The Girl and bring her to the US on smoke and mirrors alone.  He's got game...and Chris' $$$. Not a fan of Wife Chris because she's angry and rude about having them in her house.  She needed to talk to Big Spender Rico Suave Chris to get Bahtman and Annie Their Own Place, not living with them in their cool digs.  She had some good advice, but I get the feels from her that she is way down on Rico Suave's List of someone he pays attention to.  Guessing this show is what is keeping Chris in the Bahtman/Annie mix.  Annie knows exactly what she is running away from, and she has no choice but to "believe in The Bahtman".  Hoping she finds some Cool Thai women to lean on when she gets to where she gets to with BD.

Andreiiiii - Dude was chillin' and eaten' and paying those Women No Nevermind.  They lost me when they attacked him without trying to convince him what a Great Idea it would be for Libby to come out with them. (of course the editing made it that way, but that's what we saw).   Making it HIS IDEA that she should Enjoy Her Sisters and Friends on a Regular Basis and at a Bachelorette Party would have been brilliant.  Sadly, they missed an opportunity.  I also got the gist that Libby is not a Mover-Shaker, and is only too happy to be Taken Care Of by Andreiiii.  Her sisters don't have the same view of Libby that we and Andreiii have....

How To Lose A Tenuous Fanbase in Two Easy Episodes -- Louise!  MAN!  You No Good!  Molly!  WAKE UP!  He is Not A Babysitter!  He is going to be Your Husband and you NEED TO TAKE HIM TO WORK WITH YOU TO KEEP HIM BUSY Until he can legally work!  Sheesh!  She is so focussed on HER LIFE, and having him in her bed, that she is not thinking about anyone else but Her Needs.  I hope she gets a wake up call before she gets married....to anyone, not just Louise.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, essexjan said:

I'm bored with Josh and Aika. They're as bad as one another and deserve whatever their relationship brings them. It certainly won't be happiness.

Thank you!

Aika is just a more likable, toned down version of Anfisa. She may be nice, sweet, sympathetic, etc., but the bottom line is she's marrying Josh for a green card, not for love. She's a green card scammer.

Even if he had enough money to buy her a house and a heart shaped ring, and even if he had accessible sperm to give her a baby, she would leave him in a couple of years and take him for alimony and child support payments because "she gave up everything" to be with him.  She got a boob job and she only dates American boyfriends. She wants the money, honey.

And, as luck would have it, she's run aground. The scammer got scammed.

Again, she's a likable, well-mannered, well-tempered scammer, but she certainly knew how to stand up to Josh's friend.  After all, she's finally snagged one and she's nearing the finish line. Do you think she's going to let an ill-tempered best friend stand in her way? Of course not! She'll steamroll right past him to achieve her goals.

She may be too delicate to model, but she's not too delicate to have sex with men in exchange for things. And, she seems to be in a much better place emotionally than Jenny or Annie. 

If this were an actual love match, she would have walked away by now, but Aika will put up with Josh because he's a mere part of a bigger plan: Financial stability and citizenship. Unfortunately for her, she'll have to work for herself for awhile until she finds another man to latch onto.

For some reason, people seem to find the Anfisas more respectable because they straight up tell you they're scamming you, as opposed to people who don't tell you that they're scamming you. Frankly, I don't see much difference. The salient aspect is the scamming.

Same goes for Josh's "douche" friend calling her out on it. For some reason, that's worse than actually doing it.

Not that Josh is any better as a person, but he does think it's "forever." He's in love. With what I don't know because he doesn't actually seem to pay attention to her or who she is.

Just another way to look at it.

Holding the prism of people's lives up to the light and giving it a turn to see how it reflects out.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Exactly like Melanie. There are a few minor differences , but essentially meeting on vacation and deciding this person needs to come home with you , who cares about the kids? ( and before anyone says anything, Melanie is very very fortunate that her son was so awesome about everything ). I’ll say it again- anyone with minor kids who brings a stranger in the house to live with you is crazy!!!!!

There was a huge difference between the way Mollie and Melanie went about things.  Mel was the one who approached Devar.  I have a feeling Luis harassed every American woman he came in contact with until he hit pay dirt.  Mel visited Jamaica regularly, plus Hunter and Devar used to skype regularly.   Devar seems like a gentleman; a decent stand up guy.  Luis on the other hand, is a crass, vulgar, opportunist pig. 

• Love 13