Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Ok, I thought Mikayla came in a bit too aggressive with her instant dislike of David. The things she said were things that a family member should be saying, not a friend. Even if I disapproved of my friends marital situation, if she’s happy then I keep my mouth shut. I agree with everything Mikayla said but the bottom line is Evelyn is an adult and she can make her own decisions. Mikayla had made her opinion very clear, time to drop it and say “I told you so” when it all goes to hell. 

And with Luis, I actually thought it was kind of sweet that he was teaching Kensley some Spanish.  Then he went and ruined it by pushing the dad thing and being weirdly aggressive with a little girl about being her dad now.  Tone it down Luis, you’re pushing way too hard  

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

About Elizabeth, my 17 year old son said, "Wow, that girl looks soooo much better without a crap ton of make up.  Why all that lipstick?"   

Good kid!  As the mother of a 17-year-old girl who is still consumed with anxiety over her appearance, that’s refreshing to hear.  Elizabeth really did look great.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I thought it was inappropriate for Luis to aggressively tell the little girl that he is her new dad.

And you have been there for 6 days you expect her to respect you, Dude respect is earned.

• Love 7

“It doesn’t matter where you live, all that matter is the person you are living with”, said Andrei who over stayed when he visited America and is now engaged to an American citizen.  Liar, liar; pants on fire. 

• Love 10

I can't with Nicole's pronunciation of Hassan as "Hasssinn".  I can't with any of these people for so many reasons.  But I'm still watching.  

When Asan said "You know why I brought you here?" (when they were at the lunchy type place), I wanted him to say "BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAVE SALAD AND VEGETABLES, YOU SHOULD TRY ONE SOMETIME. HOW ABOUT HOW?" 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Azan told Nicole time and time again that in Morocco, it is against the law for two single people to cohabitate and yet, she continued to insist that they break the law.  I felt second hand embarrassment for Azan having to ask his aunt if they could share a room.

THIS! She doesn't give a rat's ass about his culture or that her request was placing Azan in an awkward position with his family, she just wants what she wants.

OK, two petty fashion observations: Poor David's white Reeboks were quite the addition to his traditional Thai outfit, and the sunglasses Molly wore to the cookout looked like the ones optometrists give patients who have had their eyes dilated. That is all (for now).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

Fun fact: Just because someone is from Thailand doesn't mean that they'll give you a Thai massage out by the pool. 

Did you see the guys wife's reaction?  How creepy is that situation?  And David cannot say no because he is dependent on this guy.  Yuck.  

57 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I thought it was inappropriate for Luis to aggressively tell the little girl that he is her new dad.

But GOOD FOR HER to react the way she did!  She may be the healthiest adult on the show!  

• Love 20
37 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don’t understand how these unemployed Americans with nary a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, are qualifying for fiancé visas. 

Please, someone, start a thread called Backstories on the Americans on this show.

Poor David, really??? Poor. Snowflake, Idiot Nicole...with a kid no less. WTF

Bringing someone over here when they can't support themselves. WTF

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

She didn't look nearly as much like a cradlerobber standing next to fundie Dave Grohl tonight.

But did you see the outside of their house?  It's all moldy and rotting.  It looks like a crack  house.  And on the inside they have a window AC that's TAPED IN to the window.  WTF.  

Edited by Sprockets
spastic fingers
  • Love 8

Do these yokels even know what a Thai massage is? You don't get one by the pool. They need a bar above where they're giving the massage so they can hold on to it while they're walking on your back and thighs.

Nicole is just a shitty person. I was cringing for her when she coerced Azan to ask his aunt if they could share a room. In many cultures, that's just fucking rude and it shows that she is aware that either he's not interested in banging her or she doesn't care what his family thinks of her. Just, no. She continues to set the bar incredibly low and still not manage to clear it. 

Aika's eyebrows. She needs microblading or something. Her contacts make her look like a cast member in twilight.

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Yep.  Apparently when she was planning her wedding all of her life, it never once occurred to her that there would be ANOTHER HUMAN participating in it.  

We just went thru this w my husbands brother.  He got married this past summer.  It was truly an awful experience for his side of the family.  It was HER wedding, he just got to attend.  And theyre both in their 40's.   

Its ridiculous.  The weddings I have remembered attending that were fun...you remember the people, the family etc - not that the napkins during the cocktail hour had a gold edge.  

Edited by Kelly
  • Love 17

So Nicole is still creepily pushing to share a room/bed with Azan while in Morocco but doesn't give a flip when telling him that he'll have to live in a separate place when he gets to the US. It goes something like this:

Nicole (whiny voice): Azzzzan, can I sleep in the same room as you while I'm here?

Azan: I'm sorry, but it's a law here and it's part of my culture. It isn't allowed. 

Nicole: Please ask your aunt!

Azan: That makes me feel very uncomfortable and it's putting me in an awkward posistion. It's illegal. 

Nicole: ASK her!!!!

Azan: Nicole, I've tried to explain that-

Nicole: ASK HER!

Azan: It's very awkward.

Nicole: But I want to be with YOU! I want to spend time with you!!!

Azan: So when we get to America, will we find another place that isn't, you know, a cheap motel room or part of a cult?

Nicole: Nope. You'll be living in another county with my dad. See ya!

• Love 13

Oh boy! Andrei reminds me of a Bond villain complete with over the top anger issues. 

Aika is so abrasive it makes me cringe. Something about her is just too much and I wish she and Annie would meet up and get their eyebrows fixed. Distracting as hell. 

I like Molly's dad and daughters

What kind of Christians won't help out their fellow brothers and they're coming to partake in your asinine wedding?

Edited by Cbean Girl
Forgot about the fundies
  • Love 22

I like how Andrei and Elizabeth think that if he's turned down for the visa, they can "just live in Ireland, or Moldavia."  It's about as hard for Americans to move to the EU right now as it is for anyone to get into the US, and since Thugboy is probably there on a work permit he is no fit sponsor - so no, Elizabeth, you will not be living in Ireland.  Moldavia, perhaps.  Look forward to drawing all your water from a well.  Should be fun.  

2 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Why is everyone on this show so gross?

I know.  I realized tonight that I do not like any of them.  Not even one of them.  

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, Cbean Girl said:

I like Molly's dad and daughters

Molly's teenage daughter is all attitude.  She isn't doing herself any favors, and her boyfriend is so much prettier and girlier than she is .  Molly's father is a loudmouthed, judgmental racist fuck.  He also has the longest ear lobes I've ever seen on a human.  

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Pfj99 said:

If Josh lives in Arizona, why did he pick up Aika at the Los Angeles airport?  They do have airports in Arizona.

They probably partied in LA for a couple of nights before heading to Arizona.

• Love 6
Just now, CofCinci said:

They probably partied in LA for a couple of nights before heading to Arizona.

Yeah.  The direct flight came into LAX.  

Just now, CofCinci said:

Especially with his old man orthotic diabetus shoes.

Hey, those are Buffalo Buying shoes.  Speaking of which, did we see the two little bufflers tonight?  I do hope they haven't already been pimped out, or eaten. . . .in fact, I hope that for all the secondary characters.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

It was beyond inappropriate. It's psychological abuse. The child said repeatedly she already has a dad. Luis needs to leave the child alone. 

It shows shows that the guy is an IDIOT and immature and knows NOTHING about the world, about children, about families, about relationships.  He was hurt that she didn't love him after 2 days? That she was not accepting him as father after a few days? Is he for real? Yes he IS for real: the whole scenario makes it look like he has a very low IQ or just a lack of common sense and ANYTHING. Moron! Even Kinsley knew this was fucked up. 

Also Dave's friend --in that whole conversation never once was the word J.O.B mentioned. They kept saying "you have 90 days to move out" as if the show is 90 Day Lease. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 16

Maybe it was less expensive for Josh to pick up Aika at LAX than to have a connecting flight to Arizona. Might just be a couple hours' drive.

So she wants a Porsche? Don't we all. And she doesn't like Josh's roommates. Maybe America isn't the land of milk and honey. Maybe the house costs a lot and that is why there are roomies.

Evelyn probably thinks it looks better and more personal to have hand-addressed invitations.  If my handwriting is any indication, it's not as legible as it used to be. Use a printed address label with a nice font (as mentioned above) or see if the envelopes can be fed through the printer. Don't know if the invitations were actually professionally done or just printed out in a do it yourself home kit.

Michaela may be the voice of sanity here, but Evelyn does not want to get out of her nice wedding and fairytale life fantasy. David the groom will not live in New Hampshire and love it. Evelyn will probably eventually cut her out of her 'married' life - you know, she's not dating anyone and may go after the husband!. No need for a third wheel in married life. The living arrangements should have been discussed with both Evelyn and David. And how hard can it be for the pastor to put out to the congregation that there are X folks coming from Europe for Evelyn's wedding and can those with a spare room put them up for a couple of days.

Azan and Nicole - yikes. Nicole, Morocco is a Muslim country and there are rules and laws, which you are subject to. It is rude to expect that you can stay in a room with Azan while visiting with his family. But it's all about you. You do need to spend some time on your own to grow up. And Azan, is being sponsored for 10 years by her father worth it to you?

Luis, you may mean well, but you are not automatically your soon to be stepchildrens' parent - a step parent. You may get very little if any input in to how Molly and her children's fathers raise their daughters.   A child will not love you within 2 days. Yeah, country life is boring for you too. Maybe if you had a car and could be more independent - but walking the dog and babysitting are not what you had in mind. Molly's family are putting the truth out there for you.

David the Poor, Annie is going to cost you a bundle. Why would you want to live at your friend's place? You are also almost 50 years old and unless you have skills to run your own company, your employment prospects may not be very good where you are. Annie may have to settle for a bit more of a frugal life.  Your friend was way out of line with the Thai massage comment. Unless he was looking at a way to get you to finally see your 'fiancee' for who she may really be.

Elizabeth and Andrei - honey, you are not going to want to live in Moldova.

• Love 9
Just now, Drogo said:

I'm thinking Luis has never heard the term stepfather. 

Hopefully it won't come to that.  So far he's a nanny and a dog-walker.  He made the child angry, and the dog would not pee for him.  0 for 2.  

2 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Also Dave's friend --in that whole conversation never once was the word J.O.B mentioned.

But he did say something about David getting on his feet.  How???  He revealed he has nothing - no car, no bank account, no job.  How did he get into this situation?  People getting out of prison have more than this guy.  

• Love 20

Buddies --- So, Nicole has cheated on Azan twice now?  Yikes.

2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Hopefully it won't come to that.  So far he's a nanny and a dog-walker.  He made the child angry, and the dog would not pee for him.  0 for 2.  

Boredom + emasculation = cheating. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I like how Andrei and Elizabeth think that if he's turned down for the visa, they can "just live in Ireland, or Moldavia."  It's about as hard for Americans to move to the EU right now as it is for anyone to get into the US, and since Thugboy is probably there on a work permit he is no fit sponsor - so no, Elizabeth, you will not be living in Ireland.  Moldavia, perhaps.  Look forward to drawing all your water from a well.  Should be fun.  

I know.  I realized tonight that I do not like any of them.  Not even one of them.  

I know I thought How is she going to get a visa to stay in Ireland? You can stay 3 months in the most of Europe and that is about it. The countries each have major requirements, showing that you have so much income that you cannot support yourself with an job etc etc. Anyway it is interesting when these couples start talking about a real issue, such as his visa interview, the way they interact and argue is so telling that they are wrong for each other. It's one thing to be all kissy kissy lovey lovey but have a real issue come up and watch the way they argue. These 2 won't last a week in the real world. 

• Love 7

While I did not see Evelyn's appeal AT ALL when the show first started she has become my favorite train wreck! On a season with Nicole that's hard to top! I just love watching her head literally explode when David disagrees with her that she isn't getting her Fundie Fantasy wedding. She has the craziest 100-yard stare when things aren't going her way. It's fascinating.

The Thai massage comment was nuts. Insane. Wildly offensive on a show that's so messed up anyway. I really thought it was a joke but there was no laugh. And WTF, the dude seriously doesn't even have a US bank account right now? What on earth made him think he could afford this?!

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

I know, hard to believe right? You'd think it would be the other way around.

I actually would not think that.  I'm thinking Azan is actually kind of a dweeb.  I think he probably has almost no self esteem.  Whereas Nicole has way too much.  Also, I don't know that she cheated again.  Maybe, maybe not.  I know Azan is now one jealous mofo.  

Edited by Sprockets
more snark needed
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Wow Andrei is such an asshole. 

Speaking of assholes, David was such a jerk toward mykayla. I was lol over his suggestion that they move to virginia and her instant pout at the suggestion. 

Azan's family seemed so nice. Nicole doesn't deserve it. Nicole asking Azan if they could share a room was beyond inappropriate. Nicole was eating Mac and cheese BTW. I mean seriously, you are in a country with fabulous food and you eat Mac and cheese. Sheesh.

In her defense, I have seen many, many international students and workers come here to the US and continue to eat their native cuisine.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lambie said:

She has the craziest 100-yard stare when things aren't going her way. It's fascinating.

I know!  That is hypnotic and seriously pathological.  I want to see her pushed harder just to see what happens.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I actually would not think that.  I'm thinking Azan is actually kind of a dweeb.  I think he probably has almost no self esteem.  Whereas Nicole has way too much.  

Don't mistake self-esteem for poor impulse control.  Nicole does whatever she wants impulsively in the pursuit.  She wants french fries -- she's going to eat fries - NOW!  She wants a man....

• Love 15
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Don't mistake self-esteem for poor impulse control.  Nicole does whatever she wants impulsively in the pursuit.  She wants french fries -- she's going to eat fries - NOW!  She wants a man....

I'm not mistaking it.  Nicole thinks far too much of herself, and she also has other issues.  I see Azan as being very shy and unsure of himself.  He is also unsure of Nicole, because who wouldn't be?  

Edited by Sprockets
stuff
  • Love 5