Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Don't Rock The Boat

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

To be minimally fair, Diko was much more articulate explaining Peggy's cancer than Lydia was explaining Doug's ball removal.

Though I am wondering which three GIFs Peggy now expects from Diko. @KungFuBunny any ideas?

Peggy/Diko seem to be obsessed with Black/White combos as seen in the fugly car they keep showing

Gift 1: Black and White cookies

220px-WiknicNYC_03_b.jpg

Gift 2: A Sia Wig

$_58.JPG

Gift 3: A pendant in Black & White diamonds in the shape of a Tire - to promote Diko's business on the show

9168809_fpx.tif?wid=1200&qlt=90,0&layer=

On a side note: Kelly and Vicki were supposed to help Diko promote his business by filming at his shop. They went to the wrong business and asked for a rim job - ba dum dum

• Love 10

Enough with the medical procedures! Please! I do not want to see any of them get vaginal rujevenations or colonics! For crying out loud, is nothing private anymore? We have to hear about Vicki's problem pooping and watch them suck it out? Sheesh. 

I don't really care for Lydia or her husband, so I fast-forwarded through their scenes. I'm also not a fan of Peggy. 

The party on the boat was a disappointment. It didn't look like much fun and nothing happened. 

They are really milking the Tamara/Vicki meeting. Didn't they show a preview of the phone call last week too? Maybe I'm confused...

There are few people to root for on this show. Shannon is also getting on my nerves. David is a wimp, but I don't blame him for not wanting to be around her. She is such a sad sack, and I dislike her victim mentality. Vicki did not make you fat, Shannon. Come on. 

David's  barbs weren't nice though. I feel sad for the kids as I heard one of the daughters reacting to the silver spoon comment. 

• Love 14

You can tell who a person is by looking into their eyes..and David just seems cold, calculating and mean when I look at his eyes.  He seems resentful of people from wealthier families as his remarks aboit Shannon show.  I do wish there was footage if Shannon rolling logs up a wheel barrow lol

With that said, she needs to divorce this liser...if not for herself..but for the wrll being of her daughter's. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I just noticed last night that Lydia greets everyone with a long, drawn out "yaaaaaaaay!"

Yup. Even the surgeon, who might not have realized what a Super-Special Snowflake Family gene pool he was about to put a end to, and not one moment too soon. Thanks, Doc! 

I'm being picky today, but the wimmin' folk were not wearing crowns. They were wearing tiaras. Again, if you're going to go to the trouble to collect such shit, and then act like idiots by putting them on your dim friggin peanut domes (looking at you, Lydia), at least learn what they're called.

Also, tip for Lydia: NEVER wear your hair away from your face. Not even some of it. Didn't your Charlie Chaplin drag queen Christian trauma evening teach you anything about the size of your head? She needs smaller eyes, smaller veneers, or more facial surface area. Something. I'm guessing her hair weighs as much as her Grover arms.

• Love 20

I think Lydia said they left the big boat parked at the dock in case anyone got in a fight and or upset, they could leave right away without being stuck on the water.

That colonic place seemed weird to me.  It was like a place that is run by hippie types, non-medical people that don't have a clue, esp since the tech didn't know where the colon is .  I expected Lydia' s mom to be the receptionist. I'm hoping that the machine is cleaned well  or hoses disposed of properly between patients.  BTW Bravo, it's bad enough we had to see MJ & Raza from Shahs of Sunset  get colonics done before. Please stop with all these medical procedures.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Someone needs to send her a shit casserole.  Literally - like Minny's chocolate pie in The Help.

I was thinking the same thing.  We already know Vicki is full of shit, so why not just add more?

I also know that I do not ever, ever, EVER need to see anyone on one of these shows have a colonic again.  This is some seriously messed up crap and I mean that literally.  When did this and vaginal rejuvenation become spectator sports?  I would never have a friend come with me to anything like this and I certainly would have more dignity than to allow it to be filmed for entertainment.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Except that's the thing -- Tamra isn't so much into being a drunken idiot anymore.  Which means she and Vicki don't have much in common on which to rebuild their friendship.  Back in the day, both Vicki and Tamra were in unhappy marriages.  But since she married Eddie, Tamra has been into her religion, fitness, and what with her problems with her daughter, Tamra's got a full plate.  Whereas Vicki's life has gone down like the Titanic since the good ol' days, Eddie's influence has changed Tamra's life for the better and Tamra knows it.   Plus, when it comes to Vicki's relationship with Tamra, Vicki pissed in her own Cheerios with that "Eddie is gay" campaign.

You're right, this makes sense. Tamra still seems to not have any particular loyalty to any of the women, but she does seem less of an asshole lately. And, someone else pointed out that Tamra has said on WWHL that she and Vicki have no relationship. I just don't get why she seems all emotional about "we were friends for 10 years!"

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That colonic place seemed weird to me.  It was like a place that is run by hippie types, non-medical people that don't have a clue, esp since the tech didn't know where the colon is .  I expected Lydia' s mom to be the receptionist. I'm hoping that the machine is cleaned well  or hoses disposed of properly between patients.  BTW Bravo, it's bad enough we had to see MJ & Raza from Shahs of Sunset  get colonics done before. Please stop with all these medical procedures.

The colonic deal was an all time low for me with these shows.

What we need is for Bravo to hire folks who aren't interested in having colonics or vag rejuvenation done on camera. They need people who lead more interesting lives and do things that we would actually want to see them doing. Until they do, we get crap like this. 

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I'm rooting for Shannon, because I'm a premenopausal chubby pain in the ass like her. I find her hilarious at times and exasperating at other times, but I do appreciate her general personality. Now if she could just get rid of the 175 pound sack of shit at the dinner table, she'd feel oodles better. Then she could really enjoy those beautiful daughters of hers. It warmed my heart to see her let Archie shake his wet self out on her, and she was annoyed but not angry. That's a game gal right there.

The scene in the dining room is where David lost me for good. It was bad enough when David made the rude comment about Shannon growing up with a silver spoon. But then he doubled down by accusing his own daughters - who were sitting right there - of not appreciating the advantages they have. Children are not responsible for how they are raised, the parents are. If David thinks his daughters do not appreciate all they have, he is half responsible for that. But I have never thought that Shannon's daughters do not appreciate their advantages, any more than I think Shannon did not growing up. And that fact that David embarrassed his children on camera like this? Go away, David. 

Vicki was her usual narcissistic self when she described the end of her 10 year friendship with Tamra as something Tamra did. As in, why has Tamra changed? Vicki is far and away the most self absorbed and unaware person I think I have ever seen. Lydiot is a close second, since she took credit for Vicki calling Tamra. Of course Steve telling Vicki that he was sick of her whining about Tamra, and to call her NOW had no influence. How did RHOC manage before Lydiot returned? And how soon can she leave again? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The scene in the dining room is where David lost me for good. It was bad enough when David made the rude comment about Shannon growing up with a silver spoon. But then he doubled down by accusing his own daughters - who were sitting right there - of not appreciating the advantages they have. Children are not responsible for how they are raised, the parents are. If David thinks his daughters do not appreciate all they have, he is half responsible for that. But I have never thought that Shannon's daughters do not appreciate their advantages, any more than I think Shannon did not growing up. And that fact that David embarrassed his children on camera like this? Go away, David. 

That scene was horrible. How uncomfortable for the girls and Shannon's nice mom. 

I get the impression this has always been a big hurdle for Shannon and David. He mentioned something in his passionate "I just want to be fucking happy" speech during their first season that stuck with me. Something about how they had all of the material stuff but it was really just meaningless and didn't serve to make them happy. I think at their core that they want different things out of life. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It was bad enough when David made the rude comment about Shannon growing up with a silver spoon.

Also, his silver spoon comment made no sense in the context of her getting gas for the first time as a teenager. It wasn't as if she had a driver and this story was when she was in her 40s, it happened when she was driving to school for the first time and was getting gas by herself. 

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, his silver spoon comment made no sense in the context of her getting gas for the first time as a teenager. It wasn't as if she had a driver and this story was when she was in her 40s, it happened when she was driving to school for the first time and was getting gas by herself. 

I thought she was saying her family had their own gas pump.  Which, I don't know how that's even possible.

Just now, biakbiak said:

When David made that comment I actually shook my head and said out loud to the TV "WTF does that mean?". I still don't know, other than he was bound and bent that he was going to steer the conversation in the direction that his wife and children all have grown up with silver spoons, and do not appreciate it.  (Which where Shannon is concerned also insults his mother in law). Maybe he should join Vicki for a colonic, to get rid of the shit he is full of. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

But the day Kelley had her surgery, Vicki was fine, and was at Kelly's house with no signs of illness, seeming healthy, visiting someone post-op.  Then a couple days later, everyone is like Kelly, should you be out?  You just had surgery 2 days ago, and then suddenly Vicki is too sick with the Flu, can't be around anyone, and then there she is a couple days later, being around the grandkids and Steve seeming totally healthy.  Hmm.  Her flu came and went very fast.

I hate the idea of defending Vicki, but it's possible we seeing the footage for these events out of order...

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

You're probably right. But the way she phrased it was something like this - "Doug and I have a boat, so we thought it would be a great idea to have his Balls Voyage party on a boat with all our friends". Except.....you had the party on someone else's boat!  A bit misleading, if you ask me. 

I didn't watch this week's ep but someone posting a clip of this scene earlier and I got the impression the party boat had been previously featured on Nobleman Magazine and they were so impressed that they rented it (or the owner loaned it for television exposure).

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I think Lydia said they left the big boat parked at the dock in case anyone got in a fight and or upset, they could leave right away without being stuck on the water.

Get into a fight at one of their parties? That's ridiculous! ;-)

• Love 2

They should have a Best of Housewives Showing Their Medical Papers show. They could have Vicki emphatically clutching her flu diagnosis, Brooks and Vicki trying to sway Tamra with his testing records, Aviva from NYC storming in with her asthma(?) note . . .

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I thought she was saying her family had their own gas pump.  Which, I don't know how that's even possible.

That could be since she also grew up a ranch, so it's not uncommon to have your own gas pump for the farm equipment, so it's still off base because that's a practical thing for ranches and farms not really a silver spoon thing. Both my grandparents grew up on farms with a gas pump and neither had privileged childhoods. 

5 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

didn't watch this week's ep but someone posting a clip of this scene earlier and I got the impression the party boat had been previously featured on Nobleman Magazine and they were so impressed that they rented it (or the owner loaned it for television exposure).

Yeah she mentioned that they met the owner when they shot in it for Nobleman.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

You can tell who a person is by looking into their eyes..and David just seems cold, calculating and mean when I look at his eyes.  He seems resentful of people from wealthier families as his remarks aboit Shannon show.  I do wish there was footage if Shannon rolling logs up a wheel barrow lol

With that said, she needs to divorce this liser...if not for herself..but for the wrll being of her daughter's. 

Yup. She was a rich girl when he married her. So it is not like she changed.

I were quite surprised when she announced that her parents divorced when Shannon was in College. She is so damaged, I would have thought this occurred early on.

It is funny how history repeats itself, her own mother had to deal with infidelity and so does her daughter.

I would bet my ass, that Sharon will be divorced when the twins get in college as well.

David is not only a coward but he is cruel as fuck, imo. I don't see the hotness. At. All.

In his own sarcastic ways, Jeff Lewis complimented David by saying it was so nice of him to take off the garbage, the last time he visited. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Yup. She was a rich girl when he married her. So it is not like she changed.

I were quite surprised when she announced that her parents divorced when Shannon was in College. She is so damaged, I would have thought this occurred early on.

It is funny how history repeats itself, her own mother had to deal with infidelity and so does her daughter.

I would bet my ass, that Sharon will be divorced when the twins get in college as well.

David is not only a coward but he is cruel as fuck, imo. I don't see the hotness. At. All.

In his own sarcastic ways, Jeff Lewis complimented David by saying it was so nice of him to take off the garbage, the last time he visited. 

Studies show that parents that divorce when their kids are in college causes more angst for kids then if the parents divorced earlier.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Lady Writer said:

They should have a Best of Housewives Showing Their Medical Papers show. They could have Vicki emphatically clutching her flu diagnosis, Brooks and Vicki trying to sway Tamra with his testing records, Aviva from NYC storming in with her asthma(?) note . . .

Catering will serve casseroles...

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Lady Writer said:

Ha, thanks for the reminder of Vicki showing her medical papers as proof that she had influenza B. She apparently forgot that we also saw Brooks's medical papers. And we all know how that turned out. Lol. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Studies show that parents that divorce when their kids are in college causes more angst for kids then if the parents divorced earlier.  

Really?

it seems so counterintuitive.

i guess that Tamra crying over her parents divorce was legitimate then?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

She did say that but that wasn't uncommon on farms, be they wealthy/large farms or poorer/smaller farms.

14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That could be since she also grew up a ranch, so it's not uncommon to have your own gas pump for the farm equipment, so it's still off base because that's a practical thing for ranches and farms not really a silver spoon thing. Both my grandparents grew up on farms with a gas pump and neither had privileged childhoods. 

Yeah she mentioned that they met the owner when they shot in it for Nobleman.

And Lydia also said that they thought the boat was "beautiful so they became friends with the owners"! Either she can only be friends of people that own beautiful things and/or they allow her/Doug to use their beautiful objects. LOL

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Peggy is on WWHL and is understanding everything and answering in clearer English than she has ever spoken on the show.  She even corrected her grammar at one point.  Phony bitch.

Did she answer how 3mm of cancer is actually not cancer? Because I'm confused.

• Love 10

I like Shannon. But Shannon needs to realize David checked out not because of her weight, but because she is a hateful, hysterical loon that can't let anything go. Ever. Not his cheating, not Vicki, not even Lydia saying she was acting just like Vicki. Ever. He is so resentful & over their marriage. Shannon needs to find her happiness. 

DIS-GUS-DID. Peggy, sit down.

The only reason I am still watching this Hindenburg of a show is for Iceland, hopefully they all fall into a glacial crevasse. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Except that's the thing -- Tamra isn't so much into being a drunken idiot anymore.  Which means she and Vicki don't have much in common on which to rebuild their friendship.  Back in the day, both Vicki and Tamra were in unhappy marriages.  But since she married Eddie, Tamra has been into her religion, fitness, and what with her problems with her daughter, Tamra's got a full plate.  Whereas Vicki's life has gone down like the Titanic since the good ol' days, Eddie's influence has changed Tamra's life for the better and Tamra knows it.   Plus, when it comes to Vicki's relationship with Tamra, Vicki pissed in her own Cheerios with that "Eddie is gay" campaign.

I agree.  Tamra outgrew being a drunken idiot.  Vicki didn't.  When you are drinking friends and one quits drinking, it usually breaks up no matter how long you've been friends. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She said something about backing up and a glass thing fell? I couldn't figure out if it were part of the car, or part of the gas pump. That entire scene was off. 

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Really?

it seems so counterintuitive.

i guess that Tamra crying over her parents divorce was legitimate then?

I haven't read any of this research, but I think I can make some sense of it.  It's possible that a lot of these young adults constructed this idyllic view of their childhood. Maybe they were in denial. Maybe the parents did a good job at hiding just how bad it was. Then boom - you move out and they divorce. And it shatters the illusions you had about your "happy childhood". College kids, in particular, are probably really wanting to hold on to that happy home and childhood memories, because they're a bit homesick at first. So I can get why it might have a harder effect on them than a younger child who got used to the reality of their parents not being together much earlier on. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She said something about backing up and a glass thing fell? I couldn't figure out if it were part of the car, or part of the gas pump.

Top of the gas pump, old gas pumps frequently had a glass circle at the top that lit up and that would have the gas companies logo. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I haven't read any of this research, but I think I can make some sense of it.  It's possible that a lot of these young adults constructed this idyllic view of their childhood. Maybe they were in denial. Maybe the parents did a good job at hiding just how bad it was. Then boom - you move out and they divorce. And it shatters the illusions you had about your "happy childhood". College kids, in particular, are probably really wanting to hold on to that happy home and childhood memories, because they're a bit homesick at first. So I can get why it might have a harder effect on them than a younger child who got used to the reality of their parents not being together much earlier on. 

Or even if the marriage doesn't seem to be happy, you rationalize it and excuse its fucked-uppedness because they've been married for 25 years--something must be working.

• Love 8

Many long-term marriages are absolutely miserable. And I don't understand it. The spouses, one of them or both of them, can't afford to start fresh. Or they don't like change, or they fear it. You have to be brave to start fresh. I have a few siblings who have stayed in bad marriages because it beats the hell out of a full-time job for not great wages--or so they think.

I fully disagree. I think Shannon is making a big mistake staying in it with awful David. Yeah, he's in shape, but he's also a giant d*** to her. She could be having the time of her life. She can afford it! And she would show her daughters that they can make it on their own and do not have to rely on a man for happiness. It's a win-win. And she could get custody of Archie, too! And maybe find a nice man who doesn't mind a little cushion (for the pushin')!

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Top of the gas pump, old gas pumps frequently had a glass circle at the top that lit up and that would have the gas companies logo. 

Ah, thank you. I can picture it now. I've never seen one in real life, but now I know what she was talking about. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

Yeah I think when she mentioned that about her weight, it was very honest.  I bet she gained weight, either consciously or subconsciously, as a defense mechanism to turn him away.  I seriously think this marriage is toast.  I have seen couples like this before.  This stage, where they are just both sniping and bitching at each other, is usually 12 months out from filing for divorce.

He had a lot of nerve saying that silver spoon comment in front of her Mom too.*  That was really out of line.  Uncomfortable to watch!

*I was going to say "He had a lot of balls" but I just CAN'T discuss balls anymore.

It was interesting to hear Shannon say that at least the weight was a reason - I too thought it was a clue about why she really gained so much weight. Also interesting that she's afraid to know what a doctor would say about her health after running tests.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Did she answer how 3mm of cancer is actually not cancer? Because I'm confused.

No, but I think parts of Diko's explanation made some sense.  From what I could gather from what he was saying on the boat, they (the doctors?) must have found something (a mass or something).  He said they did a biopsy and the biopsy came back normal (no cancer), but they decided to remove "the mass" anyway (he made a point to say it was a mass, not a lump -which, to me, added to the confusion).  When they sent the "mass" off to the lab they found the 3mm of cancer (or precancerous cells, that part is still unclear to me, but either way, scary as shit) and from that, decided to do the double mastectomy.

Every time one of them tells the story, I can't help but think they are being purposely vague and contradictory.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

The colonic deal was an all time low for me with these shows.

What we need is for Bravo to hire folks who aren't interested in having colonics or vag rejuvenation done on camera. They need people who lead more interesting lives and do things that we would actually want to see them doing. Until they do, we get crap like this. 

Literally, we get crap.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Lydia's Christianity is all about showing off and proving how superior she is as a woman of God.  Does she pray at home privately with Doug?  No.  Does she pray at the doctor's office off camera?  No.  Does she even pray prior to the doctor arriving, rather than making the man stand and wait while she shows off?  No.  Lydia makes a big show of how prayerful she is. 

Wait--how do you/we know she didn't also pray privately?  I can't stand that churchy skeleton, but I get the impression that on camera is far from the only time she prays.

12 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm taking a textile dyeing course for a specific technique with sessions twice a week and the instructor always wears white dress shirts and I always cringe because I've been dyeing for years and I still never fail to do stupid shit like ending up with chartreuse tits.

If I'm doing something messy and wearing clothes that I'm not going to throw away, I wear white because you can bleach the dickens out of it if it gets stained and possibly make it good again.

6 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I seriously think this marriage is toast. 

I loved that she said David had been growing distant "ever since the vow renewal."  Kiss of death, those things are.

3 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

I also know that I do not ever, ever, EVER need to see anyone on one of these shows have a colonic again.  This is some seriously messed up crap and I mean that literally.  When did this and vaginal rejuvenation become spectator sports?  I would never have a friend come with me to anything like this and I certainly would have more dignity than to allow it to be filmed for entertainment.  

Then who are you going to carry on a casual conversation with?  I marveled at Vicki just chit chatting (an on camera, no less) while this thing is up her ass and, well, I don't even know how colonics work but it just seemed weird to have all this going on down there, especially involving feces, and the top half of her is business as usual.

Here is what Peggy and Diko should be telling people about the situation: “Peggy’s mother died of breast cancer, so Peggy got a bunch of tests done. The doctors found a small bit of cancer in one of her breasts and she decided to have a double mastectomy. Yes, it was probably an overreaction, but Peggy was scared and she didn’t want to take any chances.” That’s all they need to know. That is the whole story in three sentences. No one cares about the ins and outs of her medical history and no one thinks that she’s faking, since she obviously had her breasts removed. What they’re confused about is the way these two shape the narrative, and that is no one’s fault by Peggy and Diko’s.

I just can't help but wonder if she would have made a different decision if she didn't have the means and opportunity to have top-notch reconstructive surgery, or reconstructive surgery at all.  They looked pretty darn good on WWHL--probably better than before.

Normally not my  business, except she made it so.  Vicki makes Shannon fat, and Peggy makes me go to dark places.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

What we need is for Bravo to hire folks who aren't interested in having colonics or vag rejuvenation done on camera.

Amen!!  I was also wondering do these people do this because they are getting the service free?  Wow!  I don't care what the savings I would NEVER do anything like that!!  Plus, most of these ladies have enough money to cover the costs, especially a colonic!!

• Love 2

If I heard Lydia talk about "cutting off Doug's balls" one more time, I was going to scream. THEY DON'T CUT OFF THE BALLS, MORON! Maybe she meant it as a joke initially, but the joke got old 3 episodes ago. Enough already!

Peggy irritates me too, with the whole Armenian thing. Sort of in her defense, if she is Armenian, she is probably Orthodox Christian (I am too, but not Armenian). It is the oldest Christian Church and the one that can trace it's roots back to Christ. So not necessarily Armenians are the oldest Christians, but Orthodox Christians are. We also do take Easter pretty seriously. Not that other churches don't, but we do a strict fast through all of Lent (no animal products, oil, or wine), and we typically go to church 5 times a week or so (preferably every day) during Lent. I don't know of any other Christian churches that do that. Of course, I also don't think Peggy does any of that. So maybe that's what she meant, and in her ignorance, she just didn't know how to explain it ?????

I seriously am amazed how Vivki doesn't understand why everyone hates her. How can she continually say she did nothing wrong?

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

He said they did a biopsy and the biopsy came back normal (no cancer), but they decided to remove "the mass" anyway (he made a point to say it was a mass, not a lump -which, to me, added to the confusion). 

Lump does not indicate size, but "mass" does. I'm guessing they did a needle biopsy of the mass, the cells they extracted were fine, but something potentially suspicious was found/or a smart doctor went one step further due to her family history, the mass was removed and she was diagnosed with  "stage zero breast cancer". Thus the "have it"/"don't have it" back and forth.

but either way, scary as shit

Amen. I wish the decadent fuckers at Bravo would understand that cancer -- faux, real, all points in between -- is not the least bit entertaining to see used as a plot point or a piece of gossip traded between the housewives. It would be one thing to watch a cast member genuinely make the journey -- with some dignity provided by the shitheels who produce this show -- but this is degrading to every woman who has ever received a cancer diagnosis. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree.  Tamra outgrew being a drunken idiot.  Vicki didn't.  When you are drinking friends and one quits drinking, it usually breaks up no matter how long you've been friends. 

Tamara realized the "drunken idiot" shtick was getting boring and old so she switched to "Christian Born Again" whatever. That was boring as fuck too. So she switched to "healthy, natural food addict" competing for a female fitness trophy. That didn't interest ANYONE so now she's trying the "kind, non aggressive approach". The woman who is REALLY so changed for the better these days. And, as always, there is poor Tamra...the mother with a strained, broken relationship with her daughter. All because of her ex-husband. She's an f'n chameleon. Let's see what else she can morph into next season to keep her "Orange".

And I don't care what ANYONE believes....Tamra wears the pants in that relationship. Not Eddie.

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Literally, we get crap.

Yes, literally. They have given us crap all season long, and then we have to witness them actually sucking the crap out of their bodies. Total and complete lunacy. We are all Bravo's bitch at this point people. 

• Love 10

Peggy: We're Armenian, so we celebrate Easter. And we bake cookies. Because we are Armenian. And Armenians love their families (apparently no one else does.)

Direct quote from Peggy: I told you what I wanted to say. Respect it. Don't question it.

Really, Peggy? Who died and made you Queen of the World? When you put out a story which is confusing (even-- EVEN-- if it's 100 percent legitimate), people will want to understand. We can't understand by osmosis. So we ask questions. I'm no great admirer of David, and I hate that you've put me in a position of defending him, but he didn't lean in and question your husband aggressively as you imitated him. Yeah, my dislike for Peggy just keeps on growing.  And Diko really pushed the description of David's questions when he said he felt as if David had "interrogated" him about it. I don't like Peggy or Diko.

Vicki and her casseroles. Does she want a casserole from someone every time she catches a cold? Sounds that way. *insert eye-roll*

That colonic scene was TM-freakin'-I.  I have to say, though, I wouldn't want to have anyone messing around with my innards if she didn't know where my colon was.

David and Shannon's sniping at each other was uncomfortable to watch. I've seen that behaviour with friends, and it never leads to a good outcome.

Briana is only 30? Bless her heart, she's not aging well.

• Love 6

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Peggy and Lydia are the chief problem(s) with the season. In fact, they are, at times, the only cast members in whom I am somewhat interested - though admittedly because they're largely unfamiliar rather than because they're especially charismatic. I appreciate, in particular, that Peggy does not default to shrieking, hurling plates in restaurants, and/or compulsively shoving booze or chips down her gullet before bellowing like a disgruntled Veruca Salt. She's obviously not as canny or quick as Lisa Vanderpump but a woman who can maintain her composure is a refreshing change of pace on these shows whenever one crops up. Likewise, Diko may be dehydrated for screen time but, relatively speaking, I'd much rather watch the interactions between him and his wife at this point than another installment of The Dying Horse: Beador vs Beador or Kelly lashing out at Michael again. The butterfly game that the Sulahians played provided a cute scene. 

Peggy is grating at times and has done a bad job of explaining her medical history but all of the women have contributed to making it a storyline with stupid commentary like "I'm confused! Does she have cancer or does she not have cancer?!" It's not that complex or intriguing; women don't get double mastectomies for fun.

Lydia is annoying but her children and house are gorgeous. As far as interludes about the ladies' individual lives go, I'd much rather watch Judy and the kids painting Easter eggs than Kelly taking her mom to a senior center, Tamra trotting out her overplayed parental alienation card, or Brianna moping around in her mom's kitchen. 

The central problem is the unbridgeable between Vicki and Tamra/Shannon as well as the fact that all three have brought nothing new in terms of narrative this year. Tamra and Vicki have flimsier plot points that Ramona and Sonja on NY. Shannon is still woe-is-me'ing about David. Kelly can really only offer going crassly nuclear on enemies. 

Lydia and Peggy are not particularly likeable or possessed of any It factor. They're inherently the supporting members of the cast. But I think their conflicts and arcs are essentially watchable apart from the inorganic and artificial way that they seem to have to prop up/engage in the cold war among the vets at production'a behest. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That might be why David made the comment about the silver spoon. A glass topped gas pump would probably have been a bit of a vintage designer's detail even though it was on a farm. Sounds like it was a "gentleman's farm" and if I remember correctly it was in a very wealthy southern OC area.

• Love 2

Vicki is really missing out on a potential business opportunity.   Casserole Catering & Delivery.  Friend gets sick?  Send them a casserole.   Somebody dies - order a casserole to be sent.   Casseroles for all occasions. 

When Vicki was having her colonic and crying, and listed all the reasons, the biggest one, and I think the major one she left out, was she is now terrified of being booted off the show.  This season her role has almost been downgraded to friend of the show.  She has nothing new to offer, nobody will talk to her, she isn't included in events - and those she has been invited to, she ends up leaving early because nobody is interacting with her.    So, while she was lying on that table she might as well have been sobbing "Oh Kelly, Andy is going to fire me, I just know it.  And if Tamra would just be my friend again, I know I have a chance to stay".       Kelly feels sorry for her, so it shows how low she's fallen.   Tamra is going to hold out until there is absolute begging from Vicki.   Lydia & Peggy - who cares if they like you or not - they are both hanging by a thread.  And Meghan will film with anybody.    Even Vicki's relationship with Steve isn't going to save her.  How many times can we watch him cook, him play with the grandkids, etc.  Not riveting TV.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

That might be why David made the comment about the silver spoon. A glass topped gas pump would probably have been a bit of a vintage designer's detail even though it was on a farm. Sounds like it was a "gentleman's farm" and if I remember correctly it was in a very wealthy southern OC area.

In 1980 it was probably just an old pump that hadn't been replaced.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that Lydia and Doug hired a Capt for their ride on the small boat was because once they got to the 'big boat' theyd party and then they'd have a car pick them up to go home. That way they wouldn't be drinking and driving (either on land or water) and they wouldn't have to take the initial boat back to its dock in the dark, clean up, etc.

That makes sense.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, film noire said:

To be fair, the anatomy is tricky with Vicki  -- the shit pours out of her mouth, not her ass.

This explains her no pooping claim.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She said something about backing up and a glass thing fell? I couldn't figure out if it were part of the car, or part of the gas pump. That entire scene was off. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ah, thank you. I can picture it now. I've never seen one in real life, but now I know what she was talking about. 

Watch a couple episodes of American Picker.  I've only seen 2 or 3 and immediately knew what she was talking about.  :)

I caught the episode again today and managed to stay awake for it.  

Ugh -- STFU Peggy.  

Last season I felt like David and Shannon working on their marriage was heartfelt and was rooting for those two crazy kids to make it.  Now I'm ready to file for divorce for them.  Yikes.  Those poor kids, that was so uncomfortable.  The tacos looked good though and I like that Shannon made the simple alteration of using lettuce leaves for herself while everyone else got tortillas.

• Love 7