Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Don't Rock The Boat

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He doesn't respect anything about their union. What kind of man gives his child his wedding ring and tells her to tell her mother that the marriage is over? The kids absolutely know the marriage is over. No one who cared about their kids would do that. Even if the marriage is over and so frayed that everyone can see it, David forcibly dragged his kids into the middle of that ruin.

And this sh#t show is all recorded on film for the girls to be reminded of...for the rest of their lives. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He doesn't respect anything about their union. What kind of man gives his child his wedding ring and tells her to tell her mother that the marriage is over? The kids absolutely know the marriage is over. No one who cared about their kids would do that. Even if the marriage is over and so frayed that everyone can see it, David forcibly dragged his kids into the middle of that ruin.

What?! Man, I missed that scene.  Must re-watch.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Jextella said:

What?! Man, I missed that scene.  Must re-watch.

We didn't see it, Shannon just talked about him doing it in her TH interview. God, the man is such a dick to do that to his kid. But she isn't much better talking about something that happened between David and their daughter - and was no doubt extremely hard and emotional - with the whole world months later on camera.  So the kid had to live it again when she watched the show. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

We didn't see it, Shannon just talked about him doing it in her TH interview. God, the man is such a dick to do that to his kid. But she isn't much better talking about something that happened between David and their daughter - and was no doubt extremely hard and emotional - with the whole world months later on camera.  So the kid had to live it again when she watched the show. 

Thanks for clarifying.  Man.  They are both just sad at this point.  

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, eclectcmoi said:

I was thinking the same thing.  We already know Vicki is full of shit, so why not just add more?

I also know that I do not ever, ever, EVER need to see anyone on one of these shows have a colonic again.  This is some seriously messed up crap and I mean that literally.  When did this and vaginal rejuvenation become spectator sports?  I would never have a friend come with me to anything like this and I certainly would have more dignity than to allow it to be filmed for entertainment.  

I've been complaining about this before.  You're right it certainly isn't entertainment to me.  Neither are rejuvenations or listening to talk of cutting of balls for weeks or breast reductions.  Didn't watch for a couple of weeks and wish I didn't watch this one.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

So true, especially that they were "in a good place" at the time. I mean, why bring that up? What's her end game there other than to humiliate him.  Completely shitty move of his part, beyond shitty, but to bring it on national tv. Is that what it's like to live with Shannon? Conditional forgiveness and constant reminders of past transgressions? If it is, there's not going to be any "moving past" anything in that relationship.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Not quite, David's mother/sister left before Shannon had her melt down. Both women came, said hello to the girls and his mother then talked smack about Shannon to Shannon's co-workers, women that she had never met in her life, and she did so on mic/camera. Oh, and least we forget, the grandmother told Sophie (I think) "remember no matter what happens, I love you", so she knew this would send Shannon off the edge but did it anyway! Talk about a piece of work/crap, IMO, that was worse than how Shannon reacted, it was a premediated attack designed to set their mother off and ruin their big night. 

Yes, I seem to recall experiencing some real stress during that episode as I desperately wanted to reach through the TV and bitch-slap Shannon's monster-in-law.  I also seem to recall that she rather vocally blamed SHANNON for David's cheating and that the "other woman" had been welcome at her home for dinner (not quite sure about the accuracy of that one).  It was all rather convoluted but I got the distinct impression she was thirsty for her 15 minutes with the cameras in evidence.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

What? Did Vicki really show her "medical papers" to prove she had a rare form of influenza B?

She did and what is really funny is influzena b is not even rare or life threating as such (this excludes people who have real medical issues which it could be very harmful to or are elderly) so she is just being a drama queen plus there is a vaccination you can have so if she gets so sick by these things she should be having that.

It's almost like she got sick of purpose to get evidence (i know people that do this for attention and that have long term conditions which could be helped with life style change but love being the sick person)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

Except he can leave anytime, and start divorce proceedings, ya know,being so unhappy at just about everything..

I think David wants Shannon to divorce him.... can you imagine how she would be if HE wanted a divorce? He's probably terrified. 

(I like Shannon but I would not want to be a person who has hurt her)

• Love 7

Admittedly, I've only made it halfway through page two, but I'm surprised no one mentioned the beginning of the boat party when all the women kept saying "no she planned the dinner, no she did" with Lydia standing right there.   That came across as extremely juvenile and mean girl and I don't even like Lydia!  Was anyone else as turned off by that little scene as I was?  I hate it when they make me feel bad for Lydia because Lydia is kind of the worst. 

I was also amazed to hear that Shannon basically grew up in the same kind of home she's subjecting her own children to now.  Does she really fail to see the irony when she says that her parents fought all the time in front of her and it was a bad way to grow up when she's doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING?  Is she kidding?  I feel really bad for her children.  They don't need to be subjected to the constant turmoil of their parents' marriage. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, Inspectabecky said:

Their hair is always styled aggressively "hip" it drives me crazy! Atleast it wasnt swooped over their eyes for once.  I think she deff has a glam squad for the whole family when they film.

I can't stand when kids have "grown up" hairstyles, especially when they're little.  I was at a bday party for one of my five year old son's classmates this weekend and another kid there had like, a skater haircut.  It looked so douchy.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Admittedly, I've only made it halfway through page two, but I'm surprised no one mentioned the beginning of the boat party when all the women kept saying "no she planned the dinner, no she did" with Lydia standing right there.   That came across as extremely juvenile and mean girl and I don't even like Lydia!  Was anyone else as turned off by that little scene as I was?  I hate it when they make me feel bad for Lydia because Lydia is kind of the worst. 

I would feel worse for Lydia if her annoyance about being left out of the dinner had anything to do with feeling left out by her friends and not, most likely, about being mad about being cut out of a filming opportunity with the group.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Shannon said in her blog that there was a gas shortage in the 80's when she first started driving, so her dad installed a gas pump on their property. So I guess that is what David was referring to - they were wealthy enough to have a small gas station right at home. 

Yes, they are strange to the extreme to me.

During the conversation with Peggy's husband - and I am happy to say that I cannot remember his name because I just don't care - I don't think David did anything wrong, or that his questions were off base in the least. But the way that he communicates could be off-putting to someone that only just met him. His strange monotone way of speaking, without inflection or emotion. His completely dead eyes. If you had only just met him and were met with his voice and glare, you could wonder what was going on behind the expression. Or I probably would. 

I mean, I get why David communicates the way he does. 

"When you get anxious, I pull away" = a teary, "oh, so you're saying it's all my fault, huh?!?!"

"Girls, Grandma said something to your mother that she believes to be true but is actually inaccurate and hurtful" = "Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?!" (Sob) 

By Shannon's own account, she called 911 on David whenever he DID argue with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, gundysgirl said:

Shannon said in her blog that there was a gas shortage in the 80's when she first started driving, so her dad installed a gas pump on their property. So I guess that is what David was referring to - they were wealthy enough to have a small gas station right at home. 

Yes, they are strange to the extreme to me.

During the conversation with Peggy's husband - and I am happy to say that I cannot remember his name because I just don't care - I don't think David did anything wrong, or that his questions were off base in the least. But the way that he communicates could be off-putting to someone that only just met him. His strange monotone way of speaking, without inflection or emotion. His completely dead eyes. If you had only just met him and were met with his voice and glare, you could wonder what was going on behind the expression. Or I probably would. 

This TOTALLY proves that Shannon and her siblings were spoiled, so his comment about the silver spoon was ACCURATE. He needs to dump her ass and move on. She's WAY too much work to be around - too emotional, too much of a drama queen, and an off-putting personality.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, StarryNight said:

I think David is for sure cheating on Shannon again. He's not "always working out." I wouldn't be surprised if he never stopped cheating on her. I think the whole vowel renewal was just an act for him and a cover up. 

NOT surprised David has cheated and is still cheating on the spoiled, entitled Shannon. She's a TOTAL pain in the a**.

1 hour ago, ITALIA said:

This TOTALLY proves that Shannon and her siblings were spoiled, so his comment about the silver spoon was ACCURATE. He needs to dump her ass and move on. She's WAY too much work to be around - too emotional, too much of a drama queen, and an off-putting personality.

I am not sure if it was accurate or not, but it was not nice. Not nice to say in general, but especially not nice to say in front of his children, or her mother. Or on camera. It was disrespectful, and designed to hurt. He is a dick. 

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

Why is having a silver spoon a criticism??!!  

I think mainly because he meant it as a criticism. Dude was not giving her a compliment. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Hello Lady said:

It's a criticism if you say it a certain way. David said it more than once, we got the message David! 

He also implied that she and their kids weren't appreciative of their privilege.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm not a doctor but doesn't pre-cancerous mean pre-cancerous?  i.e. next up = cancer?!   

Here's my cancer story....A cyst formed on my arm so I made an appointment to get it checked.  The very pleasant woman on the other end of the phone suggested that I get a regular gyno check up since it had been awhile.  I hate them and hadn't been for a few years   Begrudgingly, I acquiesced.  The doctor removed the cyst and had it biopsied.  It was fine.  But, the pap smear came back abnormal.  They tried a few things - each procedure being slightly more invasive than the last and none did the full trick.  Finally, it was determined that to be safe, I should get a hysterectomy.  I don't remember millimeters, etc. but the point was that it had spread far enough that they wanted to the whole thing out in case it had spread and they couldn't see it all (or something like that).

I could have risked it and not had the surgery but the doctor was pretty insistent.  Who knows what Peggy's doctor's advice was, but I'm not sure it matters.  If removing her breasts was presented as a reasonable option by her doctors, I can't judge.  Even if it wasn't, I get the psychology of taking such extreme measures.  With a family history of any physical or mental condition, there's little wiggle room.

Sidenote: I had gone for a second opinion to a university doctor.  I told him this story and he said that the bump on my arm saved my life.  The woman I scheduled the appointment with was also a big player.  Had she not asked about meeting with an OBGYN, odds are I might not have. 

I think it's a little unusual for breasts to be removed with only a pre-cancerous mass, and a negative BRCA.  It's a personal decision, and some are lucky to have insurance that will support a prophylactic mastectomy.  I try not to judge, but as a healthcare worker, it makes me uncomfortable that women are increasingly hacking off healthy body parts.  I get someone in Angelina Jolie's situation - multiple family members dying of breast and ovarian cancer, and positive BRCA.  It drives me crazy that we've been driven to this.  You don't see men doing these things.  They're not lobbing off healthy testicles, and I don't think you will find many doctors recommending such.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Why is having a silver spoon a criticism??!!  

Because (at least as I've always understood the saying) being born with a silver spoon in your mouth means you didn't work/earn your privilege (and so don't deserve it, and can't properly appreciate it). It's a nasty, dismissive thing to say to someone, imo.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

It's a criticism if you say it a certain way. David said it more than once, we got the message David! 

Yeah, David clearly has a problem with the way Shannon grew up and resents her for it.  I'm guessing he feels a bit like a "kept man" and is really insecure about it, which is why he's constantly lashing out at her. Resentment of your partner + incessant neediness from that partner = marriage doomed to fail.  Just give it up already!

5 hours ago, film noire said:

• Love 4

I finally figured out what the deal is with Vicky and Shannon. They are EXACTLY ALIKE! They both need their "love tank" constantly filled. They both need a man who will "gaze adoringly" at them. They both need their little paws held. They both blame their failures on everyone else "it's Brooks fault" "it's Vicky fault" blah blah blah. They both have nasty tempers. They both like their booze a little too much and are stupid when drunk. There both overweight .(so am I but I don't care) They both need mountains of $$$$ to maintain their lifestyle. And while Vicky is a hypochondriac so is Shannon! She just goes to weird witch drs. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, lezlers said:

I liked them passing the blame, only because Lydia seemed, to me, to want another reason to create drama with be upset with Shannon.  With everyone passing the blame, she had no one to be upset with, create a scene, and then blame for "ruining" the already less than festive, ridiculous "balls voyage" party.

• Love 12
On 10/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Poor Diko couldn't even show off his "Loubies" as the boat had a no shoes policy. 

Omg yesss!!! I thought the same thing!!! Their entire first segment revolved around those loubies and he couldnt even show them off!!! Lol

On 10/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, Martinigirl said:

Me thinks Lydia's Mom is getting some primo medical weed

She was sooo faded lol!! Ima have to pay her a little visit lol

• Love 6

I've thought for a while that peggy and diko were being deliberately confusing about the cancer. Maybe producer-driven, maybe a deal made with Vickie, but I'm really certain of it after seeing her purposefully discuss how offended she was by all the questions from david, with her girls. That was an intentional scene. After David finally metaphorically said "fine, I'll bite, do you or don't you have cancer, you both keep saying different things", that was Peggy's chance to clutch her pearls and act offended to her girls, for our benefit. I really wish everyone realized they were being played and never asked her about it! She would probably keep throwing out cancer bread crumbs for the rest of the season, hoping someone bites. Peggy needs to figure out where her colon is too and get a colonic because she's also full of shit. Looking forward to the reunion where she will be dropping that phoney accent, because the attacks will be coming fast and furious. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
On 10/2/2017 at 8:14 PM, RedheadZombie said:

So the person providing the colonic - I don't know, maybe they have even a basic understanding of the anatomy of the colon???  Vicki is asking if her colon is at her sternum, and the technician replies, "duh, I don't know . . . . it feels like it's down here, because, like it was full before and now it's not full down here, so I'm thinking it's right here".   And both morons are two feet away from a colon diagram!  The tech is facing it as she's speculating where she thinks Vicki's colon must be!

Yes Vicki, you're colon has herniated into your chest.  Don't you notice that you can't breathe?  Idiot.

You win the internet with this one!!!! ????

• Love 4
On October 3, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Duke2801 said:

LOL - exactly! 

So, according to Vicsks, pooping in private is gross, but getting a colonic on camera is A-ok.   Her idiocy knows no bounds.  

It's also ok, in Vickie's world, to gag in front of everyone at a dinner table, because she doesn't like something that's being served. That's ok. Dumbass. 

i wish I could go on that reunion and have 5 minutes to speak my mind to each of them. 

• Love 10

I completely agree...first she said "doug and i have a boat and wanted to throw a party on it" then we see them im that dingy with a captain taking them to a bigger boat (more of an actual yacht) and lydia mentions "our friends have a boat, so we decided to have it on a boat" totally confusing and contradicting.... 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ITALIA said:

NOT surprised David has cheated and is still cheating on the spoiled, entitled Shannon. She's a TOTAL pain in the a**.

Shannon may be all of the above, but that's no excuse for cheating. If he thinks she's such a pain in the ass, he should do the mature thing and LEAVE. 

3 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

Omg yesss!!! I thought the same thing!!! Their entire first segment revolved around those loubies and he couldnt even show them off!!! Lol

I thought this as well. But when I watched him walk up, I think he was just wearing the basic, black dress shoes Peggy insisted on. 

2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

It's also ok, in Vickie's world, to gag in front of everyone at a dinner table, because she doesn't like something that's being served. That's ok. Dumbass. 

Maybe that's why she doesn't poop. She'll end up gagging herself to death. 

Seriously, this woman is so immature. How did she raise two children???

• Love 8
7 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I finally figured out what the deal is with Vicky and Shannon. They are EXACTLY ALIKE! They both need their "love tank" constantly filled. They both need a man who will "gaze adoringly" at them. They both need their little paws held. They both blame their failures on everyone else "it's Brooks fault" "it's Vicky fault" blah blah blah. They both have nasty tempers. They both like their booze a little too much and are stupid when drunk. There both overweight .(so am I but I don't care) They both need mountains of $$$$ to maintain their lifestyle. And while Vicky is a hypochondriac so is Shannon! She just goes to weird witch drs. 

They do share these qualities, but certainly not to the same degree. Not by a mile. Vicki is the extreme caricature of the malignant narcissist, with an insanely insatiable appetite for worship and adulation by others and sexual (er) fulfillment.  Totally self-fixated and too stupid to see the world and people around her the way they really are. And toxic to everyone who comes in contact with her.

Shannon is much more the anxious, over-thinking neurotic who at her core is a decent, clever, and funny woman.  Very high maintenance and insecure yes. But certainly not an exact duplicate of Vicki, for whom we can only hope the mold was destroyed.

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 16

I think both Shannon and David are at fault for their shitty marriage. He did cheat, but man, they both make passive aggressive comments toward each other. Shannon did it before she found out about the affair. I think David just looks so over all things housewives.  I feel like this show has made Shannon more neurotic as the seasons go on.

I thought David's silver spoon comment meant that Shannon never pumped her own gas before. 

• Love 3
On 10/3/2017 at 0:47 PM, biakbiak said:

Top of the gas pump, old gas pumps frequently had a glass circle at the top that lit up and that would have the gas companies logo. 

I guess I'm gonna show my age now, but -- no, she wasn't talking about a glass logo.  In the old days, gas pumps were manual.  You had to manually pump the gas into the large glass globe on top of the pump.  When the globe was full, you put the hose in the tank, and release the gas.  Gravity makes the gas flow from the glass globe into the gas tank of the vehicle.

Later, pumps became operated by electricity, and there was no longer a need for the glass globe.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Should Be Working said:

They do share these qualities, but certainly not to the same degree. Not by a mile. Vicki is the extreme caricature of the malignant narcissist, with an insanely insatiable appetite for worship and adulation by others and sexual (er) fulfillment.  Totally self-fixated and too stupid to see the world and people around her the way they really are. And toxic to everyone who comes in contact with her.

Shannon is much more the anxious, over-thinking neurotic who at her core is a decent, clever, and funny woman.  Very high maintenance and insecure yes. But certainly not an exact duplicate of Vicki, for whom we can only hope the mold was destroyed.

Totally agree.   There is nothing about Vicki that makes me want to even be within ten zip codes of her.  She needs to be reminded that the Copernican theory is in fact true.  The Earth revolves around the SUN; it does not revolve around Vicki.  And this was always true from day one of the series.  All you need to do is replay the "FAMILY VAN!" segment.  Her reactions are always completely out of proportion to the situation.

In some ways, I think Shannon's crazy this season is completely situational.  I think Vicki's duplicity regarding the Brook's cancer fraud affected her more than the others because she was more personally invested in it.  She went so far as to get Brooks an appointment with a well-booked cancer specialist.  She worked overtime trying to get him help because she saw him as her friend and was concerned.  She stuck up for him and Vicki.  And in the end, Vicki not only attacked HER, she punched Shannon using her brother and sister-in-law where she was most vulnerable, David's betrayal.  Shannon does not deal with betrayal well - she was having a horrid time getting over David's and then WHAM!  Vicki slams her as well with a cancer fraud, making her further feel foolish for falling for it when everyone else was questioning it.  

Shannon needed to take a year off from this show and deal with the heavy psychological punches that are coming to her in life, be it betrayal, body image or whatever.  She can come back.  But I've never seen "have cameras follow you around 24/7" as a good psychological therapy device.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Should Be Working said:

My house is made of bricks. It has windows and doors. It's not the Palace of Versailles, which has all of those things too. Just because there are similar elements, doesn't make the end result the same. Vicki and Shannon have similarities, but the net result is very different.

It's funny because Vicki and Ramona are very similar and treat people similarly, but they come at it from very different places. Vicki is really insecure and needs to be reassured that she is loved and wanted. Ramona truly believes she's amazing. Her boorish behavior is because she's reminding people to get with the program and extol the praises of Ramona. Ramona waited to get married because she figured she was worth waiting for. Vicki got married young to demonstrate that someone could love and want her.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I guess I'm gonna show my age now, but -- no, she wasn't talking about a glass logo.  In the old days, gas pumps were manual.  You had to manually pump the gas into the large glass globe on top of the pump.  When the globe was full, you put the hose in the tank, and release the gas.  Gravity makes the gas flow from the glass globe into the gas tank of the vehicle.

Later, pumps became operated by electricity, and there was no longer a need for the glass globe.

If her father put in the pump in the 80s, it would have been electric, right?  And even if it weren't, bumping into the pump wouldn't have knocked off the globe because it wouldn't have been a separate part of the pump.  I'm thinking this is the kind of pump she's talking about, with the decorative globe at the top. These wouldn't require manual pumping but would be nice on someone's farm, a bit decorative.

Old-gas-pumps-photo-Steve-Collins.jpg

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

guess I'm gonna show my age now, but -- no, she wasn't talking about a glass logo.  In the old days, gas pumps were manual.  You had to manually pump the gas into the large glass globe on top of the pump.  When the globe was full, you put the hose in the tank, and release the gas.  Gravity makes the gas flow from the glass globe into the gas tank of the vehicle.

According to her blog the gas pump was installed in the late 70s so it was just a glass top circle.

Etb: Eater of Worlds posted at the same time.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Doncha wonder what "the affair" is thinking when she watches the David Shannon show?

Not really. Nicole was familiar with David and Shannon before, during, and after the affair. Nicole was married herself and appears to have stayed in her marriage. If she has any sense, she's only paying attention to what's happening in her marriage. 

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, Mu Shu said:

I really dislike Lydia.  I wish she would slip in poop or something.

With her hair pulled up and those ears showing I'd swear she was Boots the monkey.   (I've seen too many Dora the Explorers with my grandkids)

• Love 8
13 hours ago, lezlers said:

Yeah, David clearly has a problem with the way Shannon grew up and resents her for it.  I'm guessing he feels a bit like a "kept man" and is really insecure about it, which is why he's constantly lashing out at her. Resentment of your partner + incessant neediness from that partner = marriage doomed to fail.  Just give it up already!

Why would David feel like a kept man? His construction business is successful and appears to be the family's primary source of income. 

On the other hand, feeling like your spouse could be generally unappreciative when she takes shots at you for something as benign as eating chips after you come home from the job that provides her with the multimillion dollar home outfitted with the hospital-grade filtration system on which she insisted? That seems a relatively logical conclusion in the context that those sorts of unself-aware jabs have been consistently part of Shannon's repertoire since some of her earliest scenes on the show. 

Just from my subjective perspective, David probably thinks that Shannon is entitled/thoughtless on those counts and that's what he's criticizing with the "silver spoon" remark and related digs. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 11