Type keyword(s) to search

Most and Least Favorite Past Contestants

• Start Topic

A place to discuss past contestants....

While I never watched several seasons in the middle, I have watched enough to know and love or know and hate watching many past contestants.

Some of my least favorites seem to be popular - like Boston Rob and Amber, and the pirate guy.  I bypass any season they are on until they are gone.  I also generally despise some of the ones everyone does like Colton (ugh).

I did love watching Russel H.  No, I would not want to play with him or even just be on a beach with him, but I did enjoy watching his seasons.  Loved Yau Man, Earl and Yul!

Parvati generally annoys me but I have to give it to her for her game play.

(edited)

Favorites - Earl, Yul, Yau Man, Denise, Rob (sorry, I found him highly entertaining), Penner, Parvati, Cirie, Ozzy (first season), Cochran (second season), and more that don't spring to mind immediately.

Least Liked - Either Hantz, Sue Hawk, Colton, Fairplay, Judd, Stephenie (Whiny in her first season, entitled bitch in her second season), Dreamz, Osten, Corinne, Lisi, NaOnka and Candice, for starters.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 3

The Malcolm/Denise season was my first, but I really liked Penner.  I dislike Colton and Pink Underpants.  I don't remember much from the past players and their loved ones season.  It reminded me of Biggest Loser when there's a couples season.  This season I like Spencer and Tasha. I like Tony a little.    

The only players I've seriously disliked were Fairplay and Colton.  But I did miss a couple of seasons, so it's possible I'd find at least one or two others equally vile. 

I've liked a number of players over the seasons, but one of my favorites is Tijuana from Pearl Islands. 

I tend not to buy into the hype. My favourites are definitely almost all random supporting characters like Tijuana, Alex (Amazon), Angie (Palau), Jamie (Guatemala), and Sally (Exile Island).

Oh, and Sophie. The perfect antidote to how bad the rest of South Pacific was.

I think people from TWOP already know my favorites but why not: first of all Parvati is my legit hero, she's like a mythic character to me, Odysseus or something.  If I had to pick a single favorite, it would be between her and Courtney Yates, the GOAT goat.  I will always carry a torch for my original Survivor Boyfriend, Ian, and his gangly good humor.  Cao Boi is one of the all-time great Survivor characters as well as being one of its most unappreciated innovators, with Plan Voodoo coming to him in a dream.  I love Sierra's pluck, island fashion sense, and smooshy face, even despite the suspicion that it's all editing that made her so loveable.  Cirie is both the best Survivor story--going from being afraid of everything to catching fish, starting fire, and looking quite comfortable on the island while her husband is almost as freaked out as she was in the beginning--and the greatest Survivor mind to ever play.  Despite the fact that we have very little in common (she's over 10 years older than me, I'm not a Christian or a mom or a celebrity, etc) watching Lisa felt like watching myself playing Survivor.  Andrea and Brenda were the only things worth watching on all three of the miserable worthless piece-of-shit seasons they were on and I wish more than anything I could see them in an epic bromance/showdown on an actually good one.  Kim Spradlin I admire like people used to admire Presidents, but at the same time, whenever she's on TV or on a podcast or something her charisma pours through the electronic ether and I just want to hang out with her drinking coffee and talking about whatever.  Speaking of Survivors I'd like to hang out with, Shane Powers would probably be top of the list, it would be a guaranteed amazing time.

Anyway, I have a lot of loves.  Who do I hate?  Well, if I met Colton at a party and I'd never seen him on TV and none of his racist bullshit came out in the conversation, I'm sure I'd like him fine; but I hate his worldview and I cannot believe they brought him back--I (pointlessly) boycotted BvW because of it and will never watch it.  But for real visceral loathing, nobody will ever match that smug All-American jackass Terry Dietz.  I love Panama otherwise--Casaya was the greatest tribe ever assembled--but it's really hard to watch because Probst and the editors are so into their Great White Hero and shove him in my face all the time.  Fuck that dude, seriously.

• Love 5

I'm surprised Abi-Marie hasn't come up, she's definitely in my top five of least favorite along with Naonka (throwing a prosthetic into the fire), Russell and Brandon Hantz (I consider them one slot as they seem to be the two headed dragon), Colton (elitist ignorant bigot) and Secret Agent Philip (the goat of all deluded goats). Special mention to Boston Robb for his herpetic return to the show. Hopefully this last outbreak that got him a win will ensure we won't be burdened with him again.

Favorites: Kim Spradlin and Parvarti, just for pure brilliant game play. Denise Stapley for determination (the woman was bit by a centipede and she still got through that 24 hr period of burning pain and seizing muscles.  Cochran and Coach get honorable mention, but mostly because they entertained me. 

I cannot stand Russell Hantz. He is, in fact, the only returning contestant who has made me not watch an entire season (that would be Redemption Island), and he is, without a doubt in my mind, one of the most entitled, yet worst players to ever be in the game.

My favorite of all time will always be Sandra. I liked her on PI, but on HvV? She reached new levels of awesome for the way she nearly single-handedly, with everything working against her, dismantled Russell's endgame and wound up beating him herself. It was a thing of beauty to watch, and remains probably my favorite Survivor season ever. Plus, I can't help but respect someone who was so painfully underestimated, but who wound up winning both times she played.

• Love 11

The Least list is very easy.

Colton. By a mile.

Then you have pricks/entitled/hypocritical types like Lex, Rupert, and Corinne (her first time).

All-time favourites?

Yau-Man, Earl, Cirie, Danni, Yul and the Aitu 4, and I think I may add Tasha to this list at some point.

• Love 1

My favorites are Sandra and Yul. 

I agree with a lot of the worst contestant picks, and I'll add Rocky from Fiji and Kass.  Such nasty pieces of work, the both of them. 

Some of my favorites and least favorites are the same person. South Pacific Cochran is one of my least favorites, but Caramoan Cochran is one of my favorites. Africa Lex: least favorite. All-Stars Lex before he lost his mind: favorite. All-Stars Lex after he lost his mind: least favorite.

Pretty much everyone from seasons one and two are favorites, even B.B. and Stacey and Keith. I just have so much affection for those seasons.

Overall favorites are the usual suspects:

Sandra for getting to the end twice without a strong alliance either time, giving two winning jury performances, and for being totally mercenary in every sense

Boston Rob for learning from his mistakes -- I know people harp on the "FOUR TIMES" thing, but there are people who could play this game a hundred times and not win (Russell and Rupert being the two most obvious)

Yul for playing the most rational, no-hard-feelings game ever (Candace might disagree, but I had to watch her french Adam so I don't care what she thinks.)

Yao Man, Cirie, Cesternino, Courtney Yates for obvious reasons.

Bob Dawg Mason for telling Courtey Marit how little of a shit he gave about her stupid feelings.

Malcolm for being one of the very few likeable people to play since, like, 2006.

Not favorites but deserve honorable mentions:

Gary Hogeboom for thinking he could lie with impunity in the game and no one would ever find him after it was over because they'd be looking for Gary Hawkins, Landscaper, thus conveniently forgetting that Survivor is a televised program.

Dan Lembo from Nicaragua for being the only person to play the game while apparently deceased.

Overall least favorites:

Kathy Vavrick O'Brien for saying Jenna Morasca and Sue Hawk should "contain their feelings" about a dying parent and a perceived sexual assault, respectively, while herself constantly crying and feeling sorry for herself over game setbacks.

Heidi Strobel for her bug-eyed, drooling confessionals in which she talked about how the older fatter women were jealous of her beauty.

Ami Cusack for being a sociopath.

Ben from Samoa for being a racist and, according to his tribemates, torturing animals.

Just about everyone from One World (including Kim) for turning a blind eye to Colton and Alicia's blatant bullying of Christina and for using it to their advantage.

Dawn for being an emotional vampire and full-time victim.

Coach for Coachiness

Kass for all-around odiousness.

• Love 3
(edited)

Favs are Yul, Yau Man, Tom Weston, Penner, and now Tasha. Have to admit (sheepishly) that I enjoyed BRob play his opponents like an orchestra of fiddles.
Can do without any Hantz (Russell is the only one who ever made me skip a season), Colton, Fairplay.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
I'm probably the only person in the world (other than his wife) that likes Rupert.

I don't mind him.  I wouldn't name him a favorite, but if I divide all of the players between Like and Not-Like, I'd definitely put him in the Likes.

(edited)

I'll add Rocky from Fiji

And fucking LISI, Edgardo, Mookie, Alex.  Of course their hatefulness DID lead to the Greatest and Most Satisfying Blindside of All Time, of Edgardo.

Along with Yau-Man and Earl, one of my all time favorites  from that season was Michelle - the first Survivor ever to make a fire by using her glasses.  Tragically voted out because of a weird twist where they had Tribal Council immediately after the challenge without any chance for strategy or maneuvering.  Luckily the show never used that PSYCH! move again, but unluckily my girl Michelle got voted out.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Favorite: Courtney Yates.

No explanation needed. There is really no contest for me.

Honorable mentions: Sandra Diaz-Twine (for being all-around awesome), Parvati Shallow (who, while not the best player of all time, I consider to be the most dangerous player of all time) and Denise Stapley (for pulling out a win through sheer determination and being a class act throughout). 

For whatever reason, I just don't get all that excited about male players. The ones who get screentime are usually the alpha males, who tend to not be all that interesting. If I had to pick a favorite guy, I'd pick Frosti, for actually managing to charm and entertain me during China.

As for least favorite, I'll just take the easy answer and say Hantz, but I'm sure I've disliked someone even more at some point, and I've just blocked it out.

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 1

Poor Michelle from Fiji indeed. Could have been a real gem if the tribe swap didn't utterly kill her hopes.

As for Rupes:

I don't mind him.  I wouldn't name him a favorite, but if I divide all of the players between Like and Not-Like, I'd definitely put him in the Likes.

To me, Rupert's first 3 or 4 episodes, and his very last one, likeable. When he got all "my island, my adventure" starting in Pearl Islands, continued through All Stars and HvV, I soured on him. Admittedly, he's a polarising character and mileage definitely varies on his in-game appeal among both casual and long-term viewers.

That said, his out-of-game activities, most notably his work with children and teens, are just brilliant. Elevates him on a personal level.

• Love 2

Sandra is probably my favorite, and I really like Taj and Stephen from Tocantins, and Malcolm and Denise from Philippines. Parvati makes the game entertaining and I will always be grateful to Jaison for getting racist (and, judging from what has been said above, sociopathic) Ben the hell off of my screen. I doubt we'll ever see Jaison again because he seemed so over the game towards the end. Kim from One World played a phenomenal game—so good that I actually found that season boring from the merge onward, but I can't fault her for it. I also have a soft spot for Holly because she seemed truly unhinged early in the game and turned it around to become a fairly nice and savvy player towards the end, and one for Francesca, who had her game torpedoed early on by Special Agent Philip Sheppard not once, but twice.

I think my least favorites would be Russell and Brandon Hantz, Ben from Samoa, Shannon and NaOnka from Nicaragua, and Alicia from One World, since all of them seem like completely awful human beings. I don't care for Tyson or Boston Rob either, but I will give them credit for probably being okay people in real life and for giving good confessionals. I just don't want to see either of them ever again. I just don't care for the unnecessarily nasty things Tyson says to other players or his (unjustifiably, in my opinion) high opinion of himself. And while I don't blame Rob for his victory or the way he went about it (you do what you have to do to get the million dollars), I think he's overrated and resent the way he was shoved down our throats for all of Redemption Island (though I concede that it's likely that none of the rest of the cast, save for Philip Sheppard, were giving the editors very interesting material to work with).

• Love 1

Yau-man has to be my all time fav. Also liked Cirie, Yul, stepenie (from her first season) Courtney, Alicia.

least favorite of all time is RHantz and close second is Brandon. Colton, Naonka,Lisi, fairplay.

This season was good for the fact that no one has been real hateful. Tony is a pita but not hateful to me. Imho

My favorites are Parvati in her second and third seasons, Rob in everything but his first season, Sandra in both her seasons, Courtney in both her seasons, and (since no one has mentioned it), Vecepia.  She won by default because she sat back and watched everyone else self-destruct.  It was lucky, yes, but it was shrewd game play, too.  Plus, I hated everyone on the show that season except for her.

• Love 1

Vecepia.  She won by default because she sat back and watched everyone else self-destruct.  It was lucky, yes, but it was shrewd game play, too. 

Thank you!  I always liked Vecepia too.  An underestimated winner.

Least favorite winner: Sandra in HvV.  Also the luckiest IMO.

Most fun to watch: Yau-Man

Best winning performance by a 1st-time player: JT

Best all-time player: Parvati.  A quadruple threat (strategy/social/physical/manipulative) who can go deep any season she plays.

2nd best all-time player: Boston Rob.  Male version of Parvati.

Could be the greatest but needs to prove herself against better competition:  Kim.

Winner of the best season: Denise (also a great player who I bet goes far whenever she plays)

Most delusional winner: Sophie

Loved watching Cirie. 

Tony is a tremendous player. 

• Love 2

Could be the greatest but needs to prove herself against better competition:  Kim.

I don't agree with this at all.  To me she is better than Boston Rob, who couldn't win until his fourth time playing.  Was there a certain amount of luck involved? Absolutely.  There always is.  But like Parvati (who is probably, I agree, the best all time player), Kim ALWAYS had multiple strategies going at the same time that allowed her to adjust to changing circumstances. 

• Love 4

Winner that impressed me the most: Parvati, Kim, Sandra, Yul and Danni.

Additional winners that I really liked: Nathalie, Aras, Denise.

Teams that I really liked: Casaya is my favourite ever. Aitu 4 second. All the cast of Guatemala third.

So many liked contestants: above mentioned + Ozzy first and 3rd season, both Courtney (one Casaya, I like crazy..., onre Yates), Shane, Rob some seasons, Amanda her first season mostly, the people without whom the winner wouldn't have won such as Twila and Trish, PG  from China, Erin from Tocantins, Tina from B vs W (never saw her first season), and more recently Denise and Tasha.

Least liked would be Coulton and Dreamz. I'm actually ok now with Johnny Fairplay, who I hated initially, after having seen much worse. I'm not even mentioning the Hantzes, they're in another category entirely, the uncle could have been fun with a few tweaks but burnt his chances forever, the nephew should never have been cast on a reality show - first time could have been a mistake, second was damn right wrong in so many ways -, and that's on TPTB. And Na'Onka, who was shoved up our throat all season only to end up quitting :-(

Probable forgot loads so reserve the right to come back with more :-)

I don't agree with this at all.  To me she is better than Boston Rob, who couldn't win until his fourth time playing.  Was there a certain amount of luck involved? Absolutely.  There always is.  But like Parvati (who is probably, I agree, the best all time player), Kim ALWAYS had multiple strategies going at the same time that allowed her to adjust to changing circumstances. 

Kim was great.  Utterly dominating in her game, and Probst' dismissive attitude towards her, then and since, has simply shown his true colors and made me lose even more respect for him than I already had.  Not that Parvati isn't great too.  Sure she used her sexuality the first time (or at least tried to), but she used her brain thereafter, and I consider her the equal or possibly superior of even Boston Rob (I agree it took him a hell of a long time to perfect what would work, although admittedly the way it turned out Amber's victory was kind of his as well, and he did seem to realize that even at the time).  But Kim gets the prize for single-season domination.  Nobody stood in her way that season, not even a little, and if that was at least in part because of weak casting AROUND her, that doesn't mean she was an unimpressive winner (because she didn't simply win, she annihilated everyone who stood in her way).

• Love 2

Kim totally ran the second half of the show.  She was fortunate to make it to merge, though, with any shot at running a dominant alliance. 

From the start the women were falling apart, losing rewards and immunities.  Already down two, they were headed again to TC.  That would have weakened/demoralized them even further.  The numbers disparity alone would have put an end to any possibility of a dominant woman's alliance. 

Instead the men made the most idiotic decision in Survivor history.  Even though they won the IC, they chose to go to tribal.  IMO that makes Woo look like a genius. 

In short the whole season turned on a move Kim had nothing to do with... that was unprecedently stupid... and that kept the women as a group alive when otherwise each one would have had to scramble individually to stay in the game. 

Kim also got another great stroke of fortune.  When they shuffled things up, she stayed in the women's majority tribe.  That gave her a lot of breathing room, and let her solidify her grip on the women.  That's when she made the decision (correct IMO) to stick with the women and target the remaining men.  Kim got lots of invaluable benefits from that, not the least of which was a much easier path to winning individual immunities.  The FIC was especially important: if she had lost that, I think the chances were high she would have gotten the boot.   

So to sum up: Kim played fantastic, but IMO against the worst players ever in Survivor.  Especially the men.  The players I consider great played against other great players.  I really hope Kim comes back -- crossing my fingers for season 30 -- to see how she fares against top-notch competition. 

• Love 1

Least Favorites:

Russell Hantz

Brandon Hantz

Parvati

Cirie

Kass

Rupert

Sandra

Colton

I had others I disliked but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

(edited)

My all time favorite winner is Yul.  My top 5 would be rounded out with Kim, Sandra, Parvati and Earl.

While there have been several winners I wasn't too happy about, the only one I completely detested was the guy from Thailand.

Kim totally ran the second half of the show.  She was fortunate to make it to merge, though, with any shot at running a dominant alliance.

Pretty much every winner in this show's history has gotten breaks along the way.  It`s what you do with those breaks that matters and what Kim did with hers was masterful. 

Edited by viajero
  • Love 3

Least Favorites:

Russell Hantz

Brandon Hantz

Parvati

Cirie

Kass

Rupert

Sandra

Colton

I had others I disliked but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

I hated Parvati in her initial season as much as anyone, but she really redeemed herself in later appearances.  Is she nice?  No.  But damnit if I didn't come to realize how smart she really is.  Maybe in her post-Survivor media career (if there really is any such thing as a post-Survivor career, since they keep asking them back) she's also been smug, but at least in the game she's always seemed to be realistic about her own capabilities and most importantly, flexible.

Conversely, like almost everyone, I liked Rupert in his first season--because CBS and their editing monkeys wanted us to, and his flaws were well hidden.  And also like a lot of people, he's now one of my least favorites.  To me in the end he was overexposed even more than Russell, because at least as many times as Russell came back, like a cockroach, there was no pretense with Russell about the fact that he WAS a cockroach. Whereas with Rupert, even to the end, there was never any real acknowledgement of what an unpleasant piece of work he was.  

I know there's always been a strong pro-Sandra fandom, but for some reason she's always bored me to tears.  Can't say why.  Cirie I never had any strong feelings about one way or the other.  Kass I'm indecisive about.

Colton is just pathetic, so there's a strong element of pity mixed in with disgust.  Ditto for Brandon Hantz.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Colton is just pathetic, so there's a strong element of pity mixed in with disgust.  Ditto for Brandon Hantz.

Colton, uggh, no, I don't even feel pity for the guy.  Now Brandon Hantz on the other hand is a whole nother movie.  This is a guy with serious, tragic emotional problems that should NEVER have been cast on Survivor in the first place - let alone putting the guy through TWICE!!!  I can't even say that he's one of my least favorite contestants - it's more that his casting made the psych evaluators on this show my Least Favorite Staff People.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 8
(edited)

Being anti-Sandra makes for a lonely world. I'm glad to discover I'm not alone after all. I was so disappointed when the HvV spoilers had her making final three and even more disappointed when the castaways gave her the win over Parvati. Another previous winner needs to win STAT so the Sandra=Greatest Survivor Ever mantra can be laid to rest (yes, I understand, she is the best based on the only metric that really matters, but I don't have to like it). :)

There aren't a whole lot of one-timers I'd like to see again, but Ian, Yul and Stephen Fishbach top the list. I'd also tune in for another round of Kass, Tasha and Spencer, but no more Tony, ever, please, God.

ETA: Fishcakes and kikaha, why do you describe Ami and Sophie as sociopathic and delusional, respectively? Just curious, as I've rarely heard anything too negative about either one.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
(edited)

My first season of Survivor was the original FvF season, so my lists stem from that season onward.  Favorites: Parvati, Denise, Kim, Tyson (yes, that makes me feel a little squicky, but I can't help it), Penner.  I find that I like the players who seem to be able to separate the game from real life.

Least favorite: Anyone named Hantz (including any and all future Hantzes), Philip, Colton, Rupert.

Players I've felt both ways about:  Coach.  HATED him his first season, then found him completely adorkable with his crush on Jerri in HvV (not to mention, the Dragonz!!), then hated him again when he came back on season Forcible Prayer.  I really liked both JT and Malcom their first seasons, not so much when they came back.  And I suspect I wouldn't have cared for Parvati on her first season had I seen it, but since I didn't, she gets to stay on the favorites list.

Edited by RescueMom

Rescue Mom, don't feel squicky, I love Tyson and don't feel squicky about it at all. His dry humor is right up my alley. It never goes well when I mention it, but Coach is absolutely my all-time favorite player ever. All three seasons. He is one strange bird, but It's why I love him.

• Love 1

"Being anti-Sandra makes for a lonely world. I'm glad to discover I'm not alone after all. I was so disappointed when the HvV spoilers had her making final three and even more disappointed when the castaways gave her the win over Parvati. Another previous winner needs to win STAT so the Sandra=Greatest Survivor Ever mantra can be laid to rest (yes, I understand, she is the best based on the only metric that really matters, but I don't have to like it). :)"

I'm certainly down with the Sandra hate. It was amazing that she won against a player who had won more individual challenges than anyone in the history of Survivor, Parvati, while she had won zero in two seasons. Parvati also pulled off the, then unprecedented, move of playing not one but two idols at tribal council, neither of which were for herself and thereby preserved her voting alliance and propelled her into the final tribal council. Unfortunately, that same move was also what dragged the do-nothing, fly-under-the-radar Sandra there too. Who would have thought that a player could win not one but two seasons of Survivor with the strategy of, "who you wan me vote."

I would like each of the jury members who voted for Sandra to come to my home and explain to me personally why they ruined what would have been the greatest season in Survivor history with their brainless votes for Sandra.

• Love 1

Players I've felt both ways about:  Coach.  HATED him his first season, then found him completely adorkable with his crush on Jerri in HvV (not to mention, the Dragonz!!), then hated him again when he came back on season Forcible Prayer.  I really liked both JT and Malcom their first seasons, not so much when they came back.  And I suspect I wouldn't have cared for Parvati on her first season had I seen it, but since I didn't, she gets to stay on the favorites list.

Coach is an interesting case.  I loathed him with every fiber of my being in his first run.  But I gained some hesitant respect for him when he actually successfully pulled off imposing a cult mentality on a tribe.  Yes it's squicky and hard to watch.  And disturbing in a real life sense.  But damn if it didn't turn out to be good gameplay,

• Love 2

ETA: Fishcakes and kikaha, why do you describe Ami and Sophie as sociopathic and delusional, respectively? Just curious, as I've rarely heard anything too negative about either one.

After Ami was voted out from Vanuatu, she talked in her exit speech about what an honorable game she'd played and how at least she could leave with her integrity. Then she closed by saying that she'd like to drown Twila. This was back when players were interviewed on The Early Show the day after their boot episode aired, and she was asked about the drowning comment. Now, this was months after they'd filmed the show, but instead of apologizing or even just attributing it to the heat of the moment, she reiterated that she wanted to hold Twila's head underwater for several minutes, although she did clarify that she didn't want to actually kill her, she just wanted to scare her. And she had the creepiest damn smile on her face while saying it.

There was also a weird incident on the first FvF where she was talking to ... Eric, maybe? It was one of the young guys on the fans tribe who outed her strategy to Parvati and Cirie, and when Ami found out, she came up to him and sweet as pie let him know that she knew what he'd done and that she wasn't the least bit mad, but the entire time she was waving a machete around for no apparent reason except to menace the poor child.

• Love 5

Thanks for the explanation, fishcakes. My memories of Ami are pretty vague. I just remember her being a leader on her first season and completely ineffectual on her second.

Although they are neither my most nor least favorite characters, I was always somewhat fascinated by the relationship between Dawn and Brenda. Well, not so much their relationship, but the internet community's reaction to Dawn's betrayal of Brenda. The outrage on behalf of Brenda and the vitriol spewed towards Dawn and all the drama surrounding her teeth -- I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it before or since. Their reunion show confrontation was quite surreal.

(edited)

There are some earlier seasons I haven't seen, so I may add to this list if I am able to see them at some point in the future...

Favorites:  Yul and Yau-Man are my absolute faves.  Also very much like Tom Westman, Earl, Tasha.

Least Favorites:  Rob M, Amber, Benny Wade, (Insert First Name Here) Hantz, Colton, Sophie, Ami, Corrine, Troy, Kass, Tony, Todd, Parvati, Abi-Maria, NaOnka, Alicia, Hatch, Sue Hawk, GC, Dreamz, Reynold, Hayden (Who I didn't have a problem with until the rock drawing TC when he said "Second place is first loser." I despise that phrase/attitude.), and Brad (Because of his misogynistic comment about "weak female winners like Kim.")  ETA: Ben from Samoa and Shannon from Nicaragua.

Edited by KnitWit
(edited)

Any list of favorites would, IMHO, start with Richard Hatch. EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE ON EVERY SINGLE SEASON has been doing nothing more than following his lead. He literally invented the entire style of play for this show.

Rupert was always a favorite with me because he reminded my of my late uncle, both in his temperament and his "I'm big and fat. So what?" attitude towards life.

Boston Rob was smug and arrogant, but MAN could he play the game.

As for least favorites: I used to have a list including Brandon Hantz, Osten, Peih-Gee (sp?), and a few others; however, it was rendered completely irrelevant by the human slime known as KKKolton. Hope I never meet him.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

Another displaced TWOP'er here!

I've watched Survivor since the very first episode-- y'know, the kind of fan Probst doesn't care for-- and these would be my favorite and least favorite castaways.

Favorites: Yul, Earl, Sandra, Courtney, Ian, Kim, Denise, Eliza, Yau Man, Penner, Erinn, Jeff Varner, Greg Buis, Dave Ball, Bobby (Panama). These are castaways I've enjoyed watching, not necessarily those who played the best games (though Yul, Earl, and Kim would be in my top 5 for that, as well).

Least Favorites: Colton, both Hantzes, Kass, Lisi, Rocky, Corinne (particularly during Gabon), Shannon (Nicaragua), Ben (Samoa), Alicia (One World).

Favourites: Cirie, Eliza, Kelly Wigglesworth, Kelly Goldsmith, Rob C, Bobby Jon and Sandra

Least favourites: Phillip (my least favourite ever), Colton, both the Hantzes, Stephenie, Lil and Lex

Any list of favorites would, IMHO, start with Richard Hatch. EVERY SINGLE ALLIANCE ON EVERY SINGLE SEASON has been doing nothing more than following his lead. He literally invented the entire style of play for this show.

Rupert was always a favorite with me because he reminded my of my late uncle, both in his temperament and his "I'm big and fat. So what?" attitude towards life.

Boston Rob was smug and arrogant, but MAN could he play the game.

As for least favorites: I used to have a list including Brandon Hantz, Osten, Peih-Gee (sp?), and a few others; however, it was rendered completely irrelevant by the human slime known as KKKolton. Hope I never meet him.

I'm with you on most of that until you get to Rupert--who I consider to be a cancer on the game in some ways as bad or worse than anyone named Hantz. Rupert is like that cold sore than will never go away.

Fishcakes and kikaha, why do you describe Ami and Sophie as sociopathic and delusional, respectively? Just curious, as I've rarely heard anything too negative about either one.

Delusional is a bit harsh.  I probably would have voted for Sophie, given what we saw.  Coach, I felt, dominated the season but looked so hyporcritical at FTC, it would have been hard for me to vote for him. 

Sophie strikes me as elitist.  She sees herself as the great strategist.  But I don't think she did that much during the season. The two best strategic decisions she made IMO were: 1) Becoming part of the five-person alliance that ended up running the game; 2) Convincing Coach to stay loyal to her, over other players he probably would have beaten. 

So her delusion I think was fancying herself as the brains behind the whole season, who pulled the strings all 39 days.  She won, but only because Coach screwed up FTC so badly, and couldn't admit the truth to either Brandon or Oz. 

Abi-Maria is my favorite, because she's a friend and she's nothing at all like what was edited for us to see. She is sweet, intelligent, funny, and all the good and helpful stuff she did during her time there was never shown. But boy the minute she was stressed and having a bad moment, out came the footage. She got a really unfair edit.

• Love 2

Was just about to post this.  I loved Caleb and was hoping to see him again.  This is so tragic.  He seemed like a genuinely kind person, and he was a delight to watch compete.  His loved ones are in my prayers.