Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Un-Noble Women

• Start Topic

Watching Lydia get a punch of shit they can't afford was annoying the shit out of me. Fortunately, it was over fairly soon. When Lydia's husband unveiled the 2nd car, and said, "Okay, let's go see the rest" my heart dropped, like, "You mean I have to watch more of this shit?" They are such fake show-offs and annoying. 

Even though SImon was a real jerk, I do wonder if Tamra made an impulsive decision to get divorced. At the time it was all happening, she was pretty messed up and I can see how her daughter felt she lost her family.  It's interesting that Tamra said that out loud, I think divorce when you have kids is always a bad idea. Maybe she's not that happy with Eddie anymore. 

Googling buttermilk and chicken breasts yields a 100 plus recipes. Who knew? Apparently, it make the chicken more moist, which is good for chilcken breast which can be dry and kind of gross.  But the family seems to hate her low fat cooking, though it's very passive aggressive and annoying for David to eat the chips to make his point instead of just, I don't know, talking.

Don't mess with Tamra, she doesn't deal with anything but 100% support. Peggy's comment-- yikes. I think though that when someone confides in you, you should at least attempt to be supportive. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SCS said:

Has this been proven or it one of those comments that has gained momentum? I know TT posted about it as did ROL and Mauricio's/BH odd mother but  do we know that Pol' (né Paul) was, in fact, banned from seeing his father? And if he was, might it have been for reasons other than his orientation? Maybe he's an asshole? Maybe he was already estranged from his father and a deathbed reunion was deemed too little too late? Maybe he engages in questionable activity, such as detailed here:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/08/04/pol-atteu-scammer/

I'm loathe to call her out for that.   It's disturbing when things like that mushroom when they are not true.  Peggy doesn't deserve to be branded a homophobe without proof.   No one does.  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I'm loathe to call her out for that.   It's disturbing when things like that mushroom when they are not true.  Peggy doesn't deserve to be branded a homophobe without proof.   No one does.  

Yeah, I don't think a demented Facebook rant from Mauricio's mom qualifies as incontrovertible proof of bigotry on Peggy's part. 

If nothing else, the Pierri-Gorga dynamic on RHONJ was a great case study of how complex and tangled family relationships can be as well as how disparately members of those families can recall and interpret the same event based upon situational convenience, investments in personal narratives, etc.

Likewise, there are pretty different ways to think about Bethenny Frankel being initially spurned from her father's deathbed. 

As someone who has encountered a whole feuding clan-funeral ejection imbroglio firsthand, I don't believe the narrative that seems to be gaining some traction vis-a-vis this incident. 

• Love 4

I take it that Vicki doesn't own a mirror?  Because if she did, she never would have shoved her fifty-something body, and granny bewbs into that awful outfit.  

Just did a check and discovered that Nobleman magazine doesn't rank in the top 100 of US magazines in terms of circulation.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

There is no hope for Vicki.  She should retire to Mexico where no one knows her yet and keep a low profile.

Except she supposedly has that condo in Puerto Vallarta so that means there are a lot of people there who wouldn't be happy to see her.

She is like Hyman Roth, nobody wants her.

If it was up to me I would send her to Oklahoma without a tornado shelter.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I have been a long time viewer ( since season 1) of this show, and omg Andy/Bravo has killed it dead. I shut it off last week part way, and watched while reading this week lol. Few thoughts:

1. Peggy has to be hands down the WORST casting choice of all time of any franchise.  Boring, doesn't seem to follow along with the conversations, I literally can't hear her and need to read the subtitles they provide ( the accent isn't an issue, I think she just MUMBLES!) And on top of all that, I think she is just slow. Couldn't they have hired an actual actress to play someone to be the sympathetic Vicki friend? She did have a point with the whole Tamra convo but just couldn't articulate it well enough for Tamra who was clearly looking for a conflict anyway. Put Tamra vs anyone in RHONY and it would have been a much better for tv conversation. This was like watching a bully pick on someone. Tamra was waiting for Peggy to side with Vickie so she could be mad at Peggy. BORING middle school drama. 

2. Whoever said Shannon should do a healthy food truck was spot on. That is actually a fantastic idea.  Well, maybe the food truck part minus Shannon being involved. Tho I don't know the market for food trucks in OC but here in Chicago they are really popular and I could easily see one doing well in the loop/millennium park ect. Also, like this franchise , her marriage is dead. They can't stand each other enough to play nice for the cameras. I can't imagine how their real day to day is.

3. Lydia is obnoxious. The Rich and Socialized Jill Duggar. Now that I see it, I can't unsee it. Her hubby pings my radar. Her whole doe eyed persona is extremely annoying. 

4. Kill me but I actually laughed during Vicki's segment with her harping the "date to mate" and Michael just being so over it . He was funny. I wonder how much she had to pay him to show up? haha

I wonder if the show would be better if they brought back Jenna? She was an original OC Housewife.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I agree. The rumor has been repeated multiple times since the season began and pinning that on her without proof is wrong.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Except she supposedly has that condo in Puerto Vallarta so that means there are a lot of people there who wouldn't be happy to see her.

She is like Hyman Roth, nobody wants her.

If it was up to me I would send her to Oklahoma without a tornado shelter.

GREAT analogy! GREAT idea to send ICKI to Oklahoma.

8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Shannon opening a restaurant is just no.  Lady.  Start working with a charity.  It may take your mind off food and how much you despise the husband you are too stubborn to divorce/free from the bonds of your constant hysteria and passive aggressive suches.

I really don't want Brianna as a character, but I do want her to make money and get better health.  As people, I think both she and Michael are fairly decent ones. 

Vicki was literally waddling, side to side, like a dang old duck.  What a grotesquerie she has become. 

Lydia harping on fire Marshall dougs balls isn't cute, never was.  She's a fucking useless idiot. 

Bravo.  Fucking bring Heather back.  Pay her quote, plus a bonus.  Dump Vicki, Kelly, and scraggly do.  Fuck it, Megan too. 

This is shit.  

Shannon has NO clue on how to run a business. Even people with experience have had restaurants that fail. She's also WAY TOO emotional to be a boss or run any type of business.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Tamra and Shannon need to get over Vicky by quitting the show. Vicky is vile and a piss-poor human to be part of a cancer scam and it speaks to her lack of class, humanity, and brains. I wouldn't get over that I'd just not be her friend. But they continue on the show so they are going to have to interact. So suck it up buttercups or quit. It's really that simple.

ICKI needs to be booted off the show. She's a LIAR and a low-life LOSER. She has NOTHING to offer.

• Love 8

This season is perfectly demonstrating why all the cast members need to be able to get together and *at least* talk with each other (then argue, travel together, drink and eat together, argue, etc). They are too disparate this year and it's impacting negatively on the activities of the cast and the viewing enjoyment (sometimes the love to hate watching!) of us poor viewers! BOO Bravo.

• Love 12

I think the idea of Shannon having a food truck is an excellent one.  

That would certainly be a good way to test the waters and see if people even like what she's offering.   I'd want to do that before making that kind of investment in a restaurant.  Or, she could do what Bethenny did on the RHONYC, and that was to stand in a grocery store handing out free food samples, but I know that'll never fly with Shannon.  I  give Bethenny credit for her tenacity in trying to get her product out there in those early days.  Shannon could take a few lessons from her on the marketing of one's products.

36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Kill me but I actually laughed during Vicki's segment with her harping the "date to mate" and Michael just being so over it . He was funny.

At least he had a sense of humor about it.  I was embarrassed for Vicki.  I have a son, and I'd never talk to him that way.  It was gross.  Also, I really hate it when parents of grown children expect them to give them grandchildren.  I've met a few people who've made that comment.  I really wanted to tell them that their children are not here to procreate just for them.  It's none of their damn business whether their kids even want kids.  They shouldn't guilt them in to having kids just so Mom can be a Nana.   My FIL made sure to tell Mr. Chat & I that we need to tell our son that carrying on the family name rests on his shoulders.  I contained the F.U. I had in my mind and politely smiled and changed the subject.  Seriously?  You're going to put that burden/guilt on your grandson?  He's well aware of it, but he doesn't need a reminder!  Rant over.  ;) 

• Love 11

Wow... okay, I have had my struggles with my weight.  But man, Shannon is OBSESSED.  She talked about food throughout the entire episode.  I feel sorry for the poor thing.  When she was skinny she was miserable, now she's overweight, she's miserable.  I know he's a cheater, but David is a saint for standing by her this long.  He's probably afraid she will go off the deep end into multiple DUI land if he bails.

I didn't follow Tamra's story with her mom.  Is Sydney not talking to her mom either?  

Peggy is... weird.  Homophobia aside, she just struggles to communicate.  She was barely able to make sentences with Tamra.  I didn't mind her daughters.  Typically the children of housewives THs annoy me, but they seem kind of cute.

As much as I am Team Vicki, it would drive me nuts to be Tamra and Shannon and have everybody telling me I was the one who needed to get over it.  I mean, they do need to get over it, but the story is getting flipped where THEY are the crazy ones, not Vicki, and I kinda love it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Tamra and Shannon need to get over Vicky by quitting the show. Vicky is vile and a piss-poor human to be part of a cancer scam and it speaks to her lack of class, humanity, and brains. I wouldn't get over that I'd just not be her friend. But they continue on the show so they are going to have to interact. So suck it up buttercups or quit. It's really that simple.

I don't think they should have to leave a well paying job because of that vile woman. I also don't think they should have to interact with her.  I'd love for them to go all out on her everytime they see her,  but I get they are trying not to appear crazy.  No.  This may be boring,  but it might get Vicki off the show,  and Kelly too because she's only on there to interact with Vicki. I won't watch the show,  but I'll enjoy this commentary, unless she goes. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Since when do buses have "seatbelts"? LOL

I imagine the drivers do (cuts down on the Worker's Comp cases) but no idea about passenger seats. *Gross alert*: Forget seat belts-- I know a guy who works for the LA Metro systems and he says many of the trains and buses are teeming with fleas and bedbugs, and all manner of human waste.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, SCS said:

I imagine the drivers do (cuts down on the Worker's Comp cases) but no idea about passenger seats. *Gross alert*: Forget seat belts-- I know a guy who works for the LA Metro systems and he says many of the trains and buses are teeming with fleas and bedbugs, and all manner of human waste.  

I have never seen a bus have seat belts for passengers and that includes school buses. Yikes to the bus conditions in LA!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, schmickschmack said:

When she said she loves his balls, I rolled my eyes.  I know different people like different things, but I've never met a straight or bi woman who gave two shits about the testicles.

I have.  At a Christmas party of all places. She was my friend's son's new wife.  First thing she ever said to me was :

"Don't you think bull balls are sexy. They're so big and succulent."

Yes.  My face looked EXACTLY like yours does now.  I couldn't even begin to put on placid, polite face.  I was that taken aback.

All this talk about Shannon forcing her family to eat a healthy meal reminds me of my dad and what he used to say to me.

You don't like what I put on the table? cook it yourself. This isn't a diner.  Eat what I'm in the mood to make.  Luckily for me, dad was a good cook!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I have.  At a Christmas party of all places. She was my friend's son's new wife.  First thing she ever said to me was :

"Don't you think bull balls are sexy. They're so big and succulent."

Yes.  My face looked EXACTLY like yours does now.  I couldn't even begin to put on placid, polite face.  I was that taken aback.

All this talk about Shannon forcing her family to eat a healthy meal reminds me of my dad and what he used to say to me.

You don't like what I put on the table? cook it yourself. This isn't a diner.  Eat what I'm in the mood to make.  Luckily for me, dad was a good cook!

Totally O/T but why does the term succulent always sound kind of pervy (even when bull balls are not part of the conversation)? 

;-D

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

Wow... okay, I have had my struggles with my weight.  But man, Shannon is OBSESSED.  She talked about food throughout the entire episode.  I feel sorry for the poor thing.

It's really not good for her to be giving the issue this much attention,  IMO.  I mean, if she wants to be inspiring to her daughters and do something positive to help herself, then do it, but to keep on blaming Vicki for her weight issue isn't going to solve the problem.   I do have sympathy for what she's going through, but I've also learned that it's not a good idea to keep on telling your husband what your perceived faults are about yourself, then he might start focusing on the negatives rather than see the wonderful person you are.    She's stressed about losing weight, then gets crabby with the family.  I wish she'd just chill about it around them.  She can still watch what she eats and exercise without making it the focus of their every interaction with each other.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

I take it that Vicki doesn't own a mirror?  Because if she did, she never would have shoved her fifty-something body, and granny bewbs into that awful outfit.  

Just did a check and discovered that Nobleman magazine doesn't rank in the top 100 of US magazines in terms of circulation.  

I'm fairly certain Nobleman's circulation consists of the copies they gave away at their party. 

• Love 24

Shannon: if David is working out as much as you claimed then he needs more calories to keep healthy. Chips aren't good but 380 some calories just isn't enough.

vicki: looked like an old used up dominatrix.

Lydia: the two cars was just pretentious 

Kelly: she either doesn't listen or she has some kind of processing issue. Her husband was actually not criticizing her at all. She might want to consider a serious breast lift.

thats all I got this episode was even more boring than last week's episode.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I've seen this storyline repeat itself (vasectomy) on other shows, and I've wondered why these woman don't consider getting their tubes tied instead of demanding their husbands get a vasectomy.   I think that having one's tubes tied is a little more invasive, but I had it done many years ago and had no problem with it.  It was an outpatient procedure.  I guess I just wanted control over my birth control method, so I opted for the procedure rather than demanding that my husband have a vasectomy.  YMMV. 

13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think that some women feel that since they experienced the ten months of pregnancy (x number of times), endured the morning sickness, stretch marks, swollen ankles, foregoing of alcohol/caffeine/what have you, back ache, inability to sleep on stomach, reflux, child birth, recovery, potential bladder issues, episiotomy or tear, nipple cracks, breastfeeding, working to lose the baby weight, etc. - that asking her husband to have a simple procedure in his doctor's office, to save her from enduring another surgical procedure, is a perfectly fair expectation, rather than a demand.  At least that's the word on the street.

A vasectomy is cheaper, by a lot. It's like 30% the cost of tubal ligation. It's also done with local anesthesia. That makes it cheaper, faster, and less dangerous because tubal ligation is done under general anesthesia. Plus there is all of things @RedheadZombie mentioned. 

• Love 21

I don't have the Brianna hate that most people on this board have, but my goodness she has awful children.  Perhaps she's too afraid of being a controlling monster like her mother was to discipline them at all?

The way she just sits around completely blind to how wild they are blows my mind.  Hopefully Ryan is a bit more strict with them so they can actually function out in the world one day.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, zulualpha said:

I agree with the vast majority of this post except the part about buttermilk being fattening.  I buy buttermilk all the time and the only type that's available in stores is 1% fat.  It's lo cal but most of what it's used for is not.  Pancakes, waffles, doughnuts, cakes, fried chicken etc.  Guilt by association! Poor little buttermilk.

Peggy was right to tell Tamra to move on.  First of all Tamra has no right to sit in judgement of anyone.  She's pulled so much crap over the years and has been so ugly to so many people if everyone held a grudge against her she'd be banished from the state of California.  Vicki said there were rumors of Edie being gay.  I said at the time who the fuck cares?  Laugh it off. That's not an attack ffs. I think Peggy was probably brought on as a cancer patient to "absolve' Vicki of her cancer taint.  Like if Peggy, an actual cancer patient doesn't care what Vicki allegedly did, why should any of the other women?  Whether it changes anyone's mind time will tell.

Lydia and her husband are posers. They do not interest me in the slightest. Oh well.

It was literally painful to watch Kelly and her husband have dinner.  She is such a fucking heartless bitch.  She thinks he's too old for her now, he's boring etc. so she can treat him like a welcome mat and walk all over him?  Uuggggghhhhhh.  Her daughter is watching Kelly treat her father like a piece of shit I hope Kelly realizes the possible effect this is having on her child. coughTamracough.

There is question about Peggy and her cancer.  The story keeps changing.  We've heard cancer and pre-cancer. Her mom had breast cancer but Peggy doesn't have the BRCA gene. 

Here is my thoughts on the difference between Tamra and Vicki. Tamra now seems to be sorry for the way she acted in the past and trying to be a better person.  She isn't perfect, she still slips up, but she is trying to be a better person. Vicki hasn't ever even given a sincere apology or owned up to her part in any of this. I'm much more willing to forgive a truly repentant person than someone who just keeps going. It is my same issue with Ramona. 

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I have never seen a bus have seat belts for passengers and that includes school buses. Yikes to the bus conditions in LA!

Our school buses here have seat belts. We also have nannies on the bus in addition to the driver. I don't think the city buses have seatbelts though. Heck, it just finally was made law on 1 July that people need to put their babies in car seats. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Once again Briana, who voluntarily left her husband in OK at least in part to give her mother a storyline, is moaning about how hard it is to raise her kids alone.  Your choice, bitch.  You're not a single mother.

I do have to give Briana a bit of a break on this.  Girl has serious health issues and I get that she wants to be where she's comfortable and has doctors who have been better able to give her the medical treatment she needs.  I also think because of her medical issues it's been even harder dealing with two young boys while also working.  She just seems tired all the time.  I also think she and Ryan didn't think it was going to take this long to get a medical discharge.

Sure, she probably has a contract with Bravo but I think there's much more to it.

On another note:  I get why Shannon was pissed off at David about the chips.  My husband does this quite a lot.  I'm like.  We're eating in ten minutes.  Can you not wait ten minutes?  You're not going to pass out.  With that said, just because Shannon needs to lose weight, it's wrong of her to expect the rest of the family  to eat a low calorie meal.  Portion control Shannon.  Portion control. 

BTW, Shannon said in her blog that Archie was going after the candy that was in her daughter's pocket during the dinner.

• Love 9

Ugh... that was excruciatingly BORING.  I had it on in the background and realized they were saying,'' Next episode on the Real Housewives blah blah blah" and it was over.  The rumors were that NY was boring but I've totally enjoyed it.  This mess is boring.  I say, get rid of them all--- don't bring back Heather unless it's with her real life rich friends, I'd watch that because it's not someone pretending to buy ridiculous cars (not one but TWO!) when in reality (ha) they're going broke.   

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

that asking her husband to have a simple procedure in his doctor's office, to save her from enduring another surgical procedure, is a perfectly fair expectation, rather than a demand.  At least that's the word on the street.

I appreciate what you're saying, but as I said earlier, having my tubes tied was my choice.  I wanted control of it.  If I ever found myself divorced and remarried, then I knew it wouldn't be an issue for me.  From what I've seen on TV and in real life, the women who've asked their husbands to get a vasectomy was always done with a "you're going to do that, right?" kind of attitude.    I didn't want to take the pill anymore, and an IUD failed, so I took the bull by the horns and took care of it myself.  Again, no judgment on anybody else's decision.   You have to do what's right for you.  At the time I had good medical insurance, so it covered the cost of it.  That was many years ago though and I know things have changed in that regard.  I hate that Lydia has made such a big deal about it in front of other people, and on national TV.  I find her approach to it rather tacky. 

• Love 10

I  have a feeling Shannon was put on an antidepressant after going through the David stuff.  That was pretty rough.  Many people gain 40 or so lbs on those meds.  I was always a very thin, but in my 30's had to be put on one and blimped up 50 lbs in a matter of a couple of months. It changed my metabolism,too, so that I easily gain weight and have fought it for yrs now.  Its hard to diet and lose 10lbs then go eat Mexican food and put 3or 4 right back on-- makes you more depressed. 

• Love 8

Me thinks Lydia is trying (and failing miserably) to outdo Louise Linton.  Bravo really does need to give her a call when her hubby leaves or is kicked out of his position.  

Hate Jeff Lewis but he got this one right -- RECAST THIS SHOW!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I don't think she even meant to. She doesn't seem to follow along in conversations well. There is something very off about her. Maybe copious amounts of pain meds?

I was scrolling through FB while watching and ended up watching cat videos during this episode.

I would be surprised if she were even on pain meds at this point, at least narcotic pain medications.  The volume expanders are uncomfortable, but not something she would receive narcotics for.  She should be recovered from the mastectomy at this point.

• Love 5

TAMRA: As a Christian you need to forgive EVERYONE. All this obsession is consuming what's left of your parched, crinkled, dark soul. Christian. Happy. Hey--what happened to your Christian power woman personal trainer? SHE'D tell you to give up the obsession and move on. Eddie certainly will move on (baby) if you don't stop it. Either BE on the show or get your family back together.

LYDIA: As a Christian woman, why do you love and covet so MANY luxury goods? Why do you try to generate envy? I used to sort of like you, but now you are a pompous arrogant materialistic bitch in hippy fairy clothing. Your truth is starting to show. And for God's sake, a 36th birthday deserves this opulence? WTF? Also, we know even if you lose NOBALLMEN Magazine you will be just fine. No drama. And btw photos in mag look super douchy.

VICKI: Maybe it's YOU who needs a double mastectomy, cuz I've had enough of your saggy grandma boobs on display desperate for love. Every time you show up, it's down a drink or two, glance nervously around maybe say hello to Kelly and dip out. (or should I say waddle or hobble?) Gotta do what it takes for Bravo bucks.

Everyone else....zzzzz

Lastly, has anyone noticed that no one orders in a restaurant by saying "I would like" or "I will have"? EVERY TIME it's "I'll DO the..." or "what are we DOING tonight?" I dunno. Just annoying.

As an OC resident (familiar with all the bumper shots) I still watch like it's my f***king civic duty! (Shame)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I kind of disagree.  Many were shocked that Bravo would bring Vicki back after the cancer stunt, yet they did.  Not only that, but they left reprehensible Kelly in the cast so Vicki would have a friend, added thoroughly useless Peggy, and brought back Lydia to shore up that "side".  Bravo is at fault here, not Tamra and Shannon - they made no bones about the fact that they wouldn't associate with Vicki.

• Love 14

There's a whole lot of non Christian behavior going on here with the self declared 'Christian' women.  At least, it's not the Christian behavior that I have been taught.  They're all poseurs as far as I'm concerned...if you're going to preach it, then live it.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I kind of disagree.  Many were shocked that Bravo would bring Vicki back after the cancer stunt, yet they did.  Not only that, but they left reprehensible Kelly in the cast so Vicki would have a friend, added thoroughly useless Peggy, and brought back Lydia to shore up that "side".  Bravo is at fault here, not Tamra and Shannon - they made no bones about the fact that they wouldn't associate with Vicki.

I agree. I wish everyone would listen to that episode of Bitch Sesh with Andy. He talks about how everyone wanted to see Vicki's redemption after her cancer shenanigans and Casey and Danielle respond with a big old "nope." He's sort of surprised and astounded when they say that they think most viewers were done with her after that. His remarks about the New York revamp are quite telling. He thinks they made a mistake by chucking half the New York cast in season 5. Unfortunately, he's overcorrected on OC. In order to keep the OC flavor and Vicki he's had to assemble a cast that works for Vicki, but not the viewers--a sedated ignoramus, a drunken immature garbage pail kid asshole, and a spoiled "christian" hypocrite. If this is what it takes to keep Vicki in the cast, was it worth it?

Jill Zarin's behavior was terrible, but she'd never pull half the shit Vicki has pulled. 

• Love 24
On 8/21/2017 at 9:08 PM, Cheetosandchoc said:

Im not sure about this, I had a horrifying experience with a parrot in a pet shop once. Those big rainbow colored guys can be real assholes!

I was repeatedly attacked by birds as a child.  Every time I went to a pet store the macaw that every pet store seemed to just have hanging around back in the day would invariably viciously attack me.  Then at the park feeding ducks I was swarmed by swans that started attacking me.  My aunt had a parrot and I was terrified of it even though it never attacked me but she made me go with her to the aviary to buy bird food one time and even though I cried and begged to stay in the car she made me go in and I got attacked again.  It's like I give off some kind of "please land on my head and claw and peck at me" vibe.  I'm not afraid of the little finches that come in my yard and I'm okay with pigeons because they scatter, but there's a hawk that sometimes comes in my yard that I'm irrationally afraid of and I can't deal with talking birds at all.  

13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I would like to know what she did with the chicken after soaking it. If she baked it in the oven without any breading, then yuk. My southern ex mother in law soaked chicken in buttermilk before rolling it in flour and deep frying it! Most delish fried chicken ever. I have seen TV chef's do this, too.  Healthy? Hella NO.  Worth clogging an artery for a once a year treat, most definitely. 

11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, I didn't realize she was going that route. Breading frying tend to be higher cal ways of cooking chicken....?

It looked like she was doing a panko crust.  They didn't show if she pan cooked it or baked it, but she had 2 Le Creuset skillets on the stove because she's a fancy bitch.  I can't figure out how she fucked the chicken up.  I just went to the grocery store this am and now I'm sad that I didn't get buttermilk because I'm sure I've got chicken in the freezer and I know I have a new box of panko (I would probably bake).  I guess I could go back and get some buttermilk but I'm kind of committed to making a tagine tomorrow (mainly because I got a gorgeous tagine for Christmas and haven't used it yet).

This episode was so meh.  It was basically a bunch of assholes unhappily eating various dinners.  I can see that at home.  Oh and I guess there was Vicki wearing that horrible outfit and complaining about Tamra and Shannon following her around.

Regarding the preview, I don't blame Shannon for being confused regarding the details Peggy's mastectomy.  The story seems to change every time it is mentioned, probably because Peggy no speakie the English so good.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, RubyRena17 said:

Lastly, has anyone noticed that no one orders in a restaurant by saying "I would like" or "I will have"? EVERY TIME it's "I'll DO the..." or "what are we DOING tonight?" I dunno. Just annoying.

I chuckle whenever they say "I'll do the...."  I also think about it when people say to the server "can I have the shrimp scampi?"  I would want to blurt out back to them "why are you asking me if you can have it?  It's on the menu, right?" 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but as I said earlier, having my tubes tied was my choice.  I wanted control of it.  If I ever found myself divorced and remarried, then I knew it wouldn't be an issue for me.  From what I've seen on TV and in real life, the women who've asked their husbands to get a vasectomy was always done with a "you're going to do that, right?" kind of attitude.    I didn't want to take the pill anymore, and an IUD failed, so I took the bull by the horns and took care of it myself.  Again, no judgment on anybody else's decision.   You have to do what's right for you.  At the time I had good medical insurance, so it covered the cost of it.  That was many years ago though and I know things have changed in that regard.  I hate that Lydia has made such a big deal about it in front of other people, and on national TV.  I find her approach to it rather tacky. 

I am with you @ChitChat.  I was done per medical advice after our son and decided to have tubal ligation.  My thought process was that if something were to happen to me, my husband might very well decide to have more children later.  Since I was the one not going to be pregnant again, I took action.  Based on Lydia's comments, she wants Doug to get fixed because she doesn't want to take the pill any longer.  That's just selfish and nuts! (pun not intended but it stays)

• Love 3

I have only watched the first 3 episodes and the remaining ones are on my DVR and will probably go unwatched. I only hop on here to read the witty comments of you fine people, and for the hope that someone will tell me that Heather is coming back to save this shit show. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is the hallmark of every southern fried chicken I've ever had.  It tenderizes the meat and imparts a tang, sort of like sour cream.

you soak it night one in brine with cayenne, buttermilk night 2, then fry night three.  That's the real KFC.

im not sure what Shannon did with hers though.

Yep, have never done it any other way. If I am frying a chicken - regular fried chicken, chicken fried chicken breasts, or chicken tenders (we really like to fry chicken around here) it gets a soak in buttermilk. Delicious. 

10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think that some women feel that since they experienced the ten months of pregnancy (x number of times), endured the morning sickness, stretch marks, swollen ankles, foregoing of alcohol/caffeine/what have you, back ache, inability to sleep on stomach, reflux, child birth, recovery, potential bladder issues, episiotomy or tear, nipple cracks, breastfeeding, working to lose the baby weight, etc. - that asking her husband to have a simple procedure in his doctor's office, to save her from enduring another surgical procedure, is a perfectly fair expectation, rather than a demand.  At least that's the word on the street.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes to all of this. 

• Love 8

I don't know why people think Heather leaving the show is the reason for the downfall. It started last year before the reunion and the reunion sealed the deal of this show's fate. It was nasty, it was ugly and there was really nowhere to go but further downhill after that reunion. In my opinion, Heather brought nothing except bad acting (her crying scene in the car while she was on the phone with her husband) and a whole lot of condescending attitude throughout all the season's she was on the show. Plus she is one mean bitch (cue to the Ireland bus ride to see her true colors and her finger pointing and throwing Shannon out of her house first season Shannon was on). Rumor has it she left because Terry was caught cheating, they paid off the mistress to get lost and she didn't want that broadcast all over TV.  So Heather saving the day, NO, I don't think so. 

The only reason Tamra and Shannon are such buddy buddy besties is because they have nobody else to film with. They don't like anybody except Meghan and there is no real friendship with Meghan and anybody,  she is on the show as little as possible. 

• Love 12