Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Un-Noble Women

• Start Topic

I think David has had enough of Shannon drama/bulls**t and sick of everyone suffering (she could of cooked chicken breast and had salad the others could of had whatever they wanted with the chicken breast they do not need to lose weight)

Buttermilk is better then normal milk but Shannon is refusing to change you can easily eat healthy to lose weight she doesn't want to and at the party her moaning about not eating since noon so what that is her problem yet she is taking in calories from all those drinks at the party so she doesn't need food.

These women need to lay off the alcohol they drink too much and really do hold on to the past Peggy was spot on with this why Tamara is still moaning about this marriage thing makes no sense unless they really are having problems so she should just let that go and say I am not going to be friends with her but for the shows sake either avoid not take about her or just put on pleasant act it's very simple no need for drama (it's about staying on the show no drama = cut from show)

That doug guy lost his balls a long time ago I would never let my wife do what Lydia did and why does he need to go through with this surgery he doesn't no need at all so many others ways to stop you having children which is why they do not tube tie women anymore.

• Love 6

I have been a long time viewer ( since season 1) of this show, and omg Andy/Bravo has killed it dead. I shut it off last week part way, and watched while reading this week lol. Few thoughts:

1. Peggy has to be hands down the WORST casting choice of all time of any franchise.  Boring, doesn't seem to follow along with the conversations, I literally can't hear her and need to read the subtitles they provide ( the accent isn't an issue, I think she just MUMBLES!) And on top of all that, I think she is just slow. Couldn't they have hired an actual actress to play someone to be the sympathetic Vicki friend? She did have a point with the whole Tamra convo but just couldn't articulate it well enough for Tamra who was clearly looking for a conflict anyway. Put Tamra vs anyone in RHONY and it would have been a much better for tv conversation. This was like watching a bully pick on someone. Tamra was waiting for Peggy to side with Vickie so she could be mad at Peggy. BORING middle school drama. 

2. Whoever said Shannon should do a healthy food truck was spot on. That is actually a fantastic idea.  Well, maybe the food truck part minus Shannon being involved. Tho I don't know the market for food trucks in OC but here in Chicago they are really popular and I could easily see one doing well in the loop/millennium park ect. Also, like this franchise , her marriage is dead. They can't stand each other enough to play nice for the cameras. I can't imagine how their real day to day is.

3. Lydia is obnoxious. The Rich and Socialized Jill Duggar. Now that I see it, I can't unsee it. Her hubby pings my radar. Her whole doe eyed persona is extremely annoying. 

4. Kill me but I actually laughed during Vicki's segment with her harping the "date to mate" and Michael just being so over it . He was funny. I wonder how much she had to pay him to show up? haha

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She even said something like, "It's not going to turn a huge profit". It sounded, to me, like it was a vanity project - something for her to play around with, but not anything that was going to make money. And David, the sole supporter who's owned his own business for years, is thinking - "Yea, let me just give you millions of dollars to PLAY with". 

Well, it's lower calorie than regular milk. Buttermilk is obtained when the fat has been removed from milk to make butter. So it's lower in fat and calories than regular milk. That's why some people will use it in mashed potatoes instead of regular milk, it's a healthier option. Of course, it depends on what type of milk you're using. 

However, I've never heard of "marinating" chicken in ANY milk. That just sounds....odd.....to me. I marinate mine in various dressings - Italian, or a balsamic vinaigrette. 

It is supposed to helps to tenderize the meat.  

I've never done it with chicken but we do marinate pheasant (another low fat bird) in milk before grilling it - not only tenderizes it but it removes some of the "gamey" taste.    Of course then we stick a jalepeno in the middle and wrap it all in bacon so.... it's not really a "low-cal" dish for us! ;) 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Per Jeff Lewis: Recast OC

In fact, get the hell out of Orange County altogether.  If you want to keep it a California franchise, try Real Housewives of Wine Country, San Francisco, Silicon Valley  -  it's a BIG state.  

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

In fact, get the hell out of Orange County altogether.  If you want to keep it a California franchise, try Real Housewives of Wine Country, San Francisco, Silicon Valley  -  it's a BIG state.  

Ohhh RH of San Fran would be interesting ! 

• Love 6

I stick with the O.C. because it was the original show; however Vicki is delusional and so replaceable.  New York did the O.C. no favors by having an amazingly entertaining season.   Ramona is bat shit crazy, but she has some redeemable qualities (Avery has always appeared very well raised....I love that Ramona instilled in her that she needs to be able to take care of herself); whereas I can't find one good thing about Vicki.  

I think a project like a food truck would be so good for Shannon.  

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Ohhh RH of San Fran would be interesting ! 

And there's a wide area to recruit from - you can go north to Marin/Napa Valley and south to Atherton and Hillsborough.  I just hope it wouldn't be as dull as Million Dollar Listing San Francisco.  I think one was a one and out like Miami.  

1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

I stick with the O.C. because it was the original show; however Vicki is delusional and so replaceable.  New York did the O.C. no favors by having an amazingly entertaining season.   Ramona is bat shit crazy, but she has some redeemable qualities (Avery has always appeared very well raised....I love that Ramona instilled in her that she needs to be able to take care of herself); whereas I can't find one good thing about Vicki.  

Yeah, I'm checking here before I even view an episode in hopes there might be something interesting to watch.  BTW, didn't it come out last season that this new guy of Vicki's is some kind of scumbag politician?  Or is this a different guy?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:
44 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

However, I've never heard of "marinating" chicken in ANY milk. That just sounds....odd.....to me. I marinate mine in various dressings - Italian, or a balsamic vinaigrette. 

Yep, the higher acidity of the buttermilk helps tenderize the chicken.  Many fried chicken recipes call for soaking the chicken in buttermilk before dredging in flour to produce a more tender and juicy end result.  I'm not sure that really worked for Shannon if only Archie really wanted to eat it, though.

Hey, did y'all know that the magazine launch party had a "carefully curated guest list of industry icons, reality tv stars, and leaders in luxury"*?  Wow, we should count our selves so lucky to have been able to view such an event! LOL!  http://noblemanmagazine.com/nobleman-spring-issue-release-party-featuring-matt-damon-exclusive/

*I'm guessing "fools stupid enough to sign a Bravo release" was not on brand for Nobleman.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Lydia and her husband almost remind me of two little kids playing let's pretend. Let's create a magazine and we will have ourselves in it! Let's call it a fancy name--Nobleman! Let's throw a party for ourselves! They both seem really dimwitted and, honestly, they look ridiculous. Lydia with the too long hair, little face and scrawny body with store bought boobs and skin tight dresses. Doug always looks unsure of himself and he is also so toothy and scrawny looking. Why don't they live in Canada where they are supposedly so well known? I would think they'd totally love all of the public adoration.

They need a major recast of this show. 

That is a very good description of Lydia and FM Bill.  

I am even surprised myself how abruptly I went from "being mildly annoyed but mostly finding her innocuous" in her first season to flat out hating her in the current season.  She did herself and her (soon-to-be but really already is) castrated husband no favors by coming back. 

Frankly I am appalled that Vicki is pressuring Brianna to have more kids.  She already seems completely burnt out and spent dealing with those 2 rugrats that she already spawned - not to mention her myriad of health problems.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She even said something like, "It's not going to turn a huge profit". It sounded, to me, like it was a vanity project - something for her to play around with, but not anything that was going to make money. And David, the sole supporter who's owned his own business for years, is thinking - "Yea, let me just give you millions of dollars to PLAY with". 

Well, it's lower calorie than regular milk. Buttermilk is obtained when the fat has been removed from milk to make butter. So it's lower in fat and calories than regular milk. That's why some people will use it in mashed potatoes instead of regular milk, it's a healthier option. Of course, it depends on what type of milk you're using. 

It looked like she was going to coat the chicken, I hate cooking, but even I can't mess up chicken.I think her daughters feeding the dog, was nothing more than TV time .

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Lydia and her husband almost remind me of two little kids playing let's pretend. Let's create a magazine and we will have ourselves in it! Let's call it a fancy name--Nobleman! Let's throw a party for ourselves! They both seem really dimwitted and, honestly, they look ridiculous. Lydia with the too long hair, little face and scrawny body with store bought boobs and skin tight dresses. Doug always looks unsure of himself and he is also so toothy and scrawny looking. Why don't they live in Canada where they are supposedly so well known? I would think they'd totally love all of the public adoration.

They need a major recast of this show. 

Canada is a big place, but I've never heard of them, thank God!

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

a 'girly swot' 

A Young Ones fan perchance? :-)

The only thing that possibly has a higher failure rate than restaurants are vanity magazines. Whoever said to start off with a food truck has a good idea. 

Poor Shannon's family...The death stare while eating chips and a low-calorie crappy tasting meal forced onto thin , growing girls and a full grown in shape man by a neurotic unstable wife/mother. Who the F needs a calorie heads up at dinner? Also, 380 calories for a meal seems awfully low for David and the girls. Shannon sure she needs some controlled portions, but it's wrong of her to make them suffer along with her but I wouldn't expect anything less than a misery loves company attitude from her. 

I am sure this has been said before but Lydia is like one of those inflatable wavy arms things in front of stores.  Ugh, I hate willful ignorance (maybe she IS that stupid) and her repeatedly joking about castration when it's just a vasectomy is old, tired and NOT funny.

Brianna's boys are a handful and I think she's too tired to take them anywhere like the park to blow off their steam so they always act out of control animals, not cute now and even less as they age. I think if she moved around more she'd feel better and they'd behave better.

Tamra, don't even try to blame Eddie for your parental failures. All your child wants you to do is STFU about her!!! 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 17

Lydia and her lookalike, horse-faced husband are incredibly annoying.  The whole cutting of balls is so stupid.  After their facts of life talk with their poor son, I’m not convinced that she knows human anatomy and how it works, so maybe she does really think they are cutting of the guy’s balls.  Plus was she serious about having a party???  If I ran around on national television talking about cutting of my husband’s balls and having a party, Mr. Des would not be amused.  I think what she is doing is abusive.  Imagine if her husband were running around talking about lopping off parts of her body and having a party over it?  Those two are just ICK!!!!

On to Peggy who makes me feel almost Vicki levels of disgust.  I wish she would have done her little mouth pinch thing to Tamara.  It would have been priceless to see her draw back a hand with a few less fingers!!  Apparently she didn’t feel that she should forget her own homophobic feelings and allow her brother see their dying father.  Of course, none of her advice applies to her.  There is just nothing that will ever erase Vicki’s cancer scams and it shouldn’t be forgiven or forgotten.  Kudos to Tamara and Shannon for holding her feet to the fire.  I know Tamara is also upset over the Eddie rumor, which some people say has been out there, but Vicki was supposed to be her friend.  Friends are held to a higher standard and should not be doing/saying things that are hurtful to your family.  Vicki is vile, end of story.

I don’t get the love people have for Shannon.  I find her exhausting.  She has been such a jerk to David.  Just because she is on a diet, doesn’t mean the whole household has to be.  David is in terrific shape and if he wants to eat chips, let him.  I hate her neediness and passive aggressive digs at everyone.  I feel sorry for those girls, and I think there will be serious trouble down the road for them.  They’ve already started acting out.  I think David should file for divorce and get away from the insanity.  He should have visitation and start a new life.  I think they would all be much happier that way.  Also, the restaurant idea is insane.  Over half of all restaurants fail in the first year.  I don’t predict Shannon having any success, but it might be fun watching her lose her mind over it!!

• Love 16

Shannon opening a restaurant is just no.  Lady.  Start working with a charity.  It may take your mind off food and how much you despise the husband you are too stubborn to divorce/free from the bonds of your constant hysteria and passive aggressive suches.

I really don't want Brianna as a character, but I do want her to make money and get better health.  As people, I think both she and Michael are fairly decent ones. 

Vicki was literally waddling, side to side, like a dang old duck.  What a grotesquerie she has become. 

Lydia harping on fire Marshall dougs balls isn't cute, never was.  She's a fucking useless idiot. 

Bravo.  Fucking bring Heather back.  Pay her quote, plus a bonus.  Dump Vicki, Kelly, and scraggly do.  Fuck it, Megan too. 

This is shit.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I've never done it with chicken but we do marinate pheasant (another low fat bird) in milk before grilling it - not only tenderizes it but it removes some of the "gamey" taste.    Of course then we stick a jalepeno in the middle and wrap it all in bacon so.... it's not really a "low-cal" dish for us! ;) 

You know what, now that you say that - I recall marinating some venison in milk years ago. We'd never had it before and a neighbor gave it to us. I read that, about it removing the "gamey" taste. But then I cooked it in a stew with veggies and broth and seasonings and things. For some reason, I'm just imagining her marinating the chicken in milk, and that's it. A low cal dressing can help tenderize it AND add some flavor. Chicken is already fairly low cal, as far as meats go, but it can be super bland if you don't do it right. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

And there's a wide area to recruit from - you can go north to Marin/Napa Valley and south to Atherton and Hillsborough.  I just hope it wouldn't be as dull as Million Dollar Listing San Francisco.  I think one was a one and out like Miami.  

Don't forget that horrible "Silicon Valley" show [which was primarily set in SF, aside from the shots of that girl who lived in the Four Seasons in (East) Palo Alto].

RH of Napa Valley would be a kick! 

• Love 2

Does Peggy know what show she signed up for? I agree with her most of the time, but I'm also not reality TV material. 

I don't even dislike Lydia, but I fast forward through every one of her scenes. She and Doug are the definition of white bread. But stale white bread, with moldy corners. I find nothing interesting about them.

Meghan is just as boring, but her baby is cute. And I get a good chuckle watching her husband be utterly awful to her on camera for the third year in a row. Like dude, for real, you gotta fake it better. I don't doubt he loves her but geez, be a bit more demonstrative for the viewers.

I like Kelly (sue me), but watching her and her husband makes me ill. They clearly dislike each other and cannot productively communicate with each other. It's sad to watch, and not in a fun way like with Meghan and Jimmy.

Shannon is such a walking disaster that I can't look away. I get why she hates Vicki, but she's clearly uncomfortable avoiding her. Shannon should just get up in Vicki's face and let her have it. Maybe then she could put the righteous anger away and move on. 

David is a dick but yeah, buttermilk is not a fabulous option for someone trying to lose body fat. That weight cannot be pinned on Vicks, much as Shannon would like to. I can't help but root for Shannon. I think she of all people has plenty of right to never speak to Vicki again. She needs to do something about the seething anger first, though.

Tamra, on the other hand, can just get over herself any day now. People have been saying Eddie was gay for YEARS. She reminded me of Ramona this week, screaming about how happy she was and how at peace she was when it's clear she's anything but. She's pissed as hell at Vicki. She also knows she's done her fair share of wrong in her day that she probably earned some of this as karma. And that's why she's so on edge and uncomfortable. She sees herself in Vicki. This woman was her ally for years, and they're inextricably linked. Seeing Vicki is like looking in a mirror - that would make me uncomfortable, too.

Instead of owning her part in the Vicki feud and her past behavior (I will never get past Naked Wasted, the way she basically assaulted Alexis verbally and physically at the CUT opening, or how she tried to force-feed Kelly alcohol in Ireland), she rails against Vicks in hopes of quelling her guilt and divorcing herself from her past transgressions. It's not working. That's why she can't look at Vicki. I've been raging mad at people before. I have no problem looking them in the eye. It's like saying, "Yes, I'm here, you didn't break me, I'm not afraid of you. I wonder if you have the backbone to speak to me and/or apologize."

Tamra's campaign against Vicki is tiresome. And her unholy alliance with Shannon is the same as her erstwhile bond with Vicks - "We hate all the same people!" That will eventually crumble as well, because Tamra has never demonstrated an ounce of loyalty to anyone.

Vicki is who she is. The best you can hope for with her is pleasantries. So give her that, divest yourself of the problem, and move on. If Vicki is as bad as you say, she'll eventually reveal herself. But the crusade to "out" Vicki as what she's been for years? Not worth it. I'm as bored of it as Peggy.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 6

Shannon doing a good truck and/or trying the food out at fests would be smart.  In Chicago, they have a fest every weekend all summer...and some restaurants opening So In have a booth at the fest as a marketing tool.  Maybe she and her partner can set up a booth at a fest...tesr out the food items...get a sampling of what people like or don't like..then adjust before opening the restaurant.  If done right, it would be interesting to have filmed as her angle foe the season.

I actually didn't like new York this season because it as too much group interaction and less individual narrative.  Plus none of those women are married....and ramona vs bethenny has been going on for 3 seasons, Bethenny hijacks the shoe and s onja/grey gardens has been playing since season 4...

Different tastes..i guess.

Though I do recall when Lydia joined in season 8 she hadn't watched the show and she looked so confused during the 1st half of the season...that producers told her mid way through filming season 8 to watch past seasons.

I recall Shannon stating she had watched the first few seasons..ehich could explain why she was so confused about all the fighting when she thought it would be a way to make friends cause the earlier seasons was like thar.

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is the hallmark of every southern fried chicken I've ever had.  It tenderizes the meat and imparts a tang, sort of like sour cream.

you soak it night one in brine with cayenne, buttermilk night 2, then fry night three.  That's the real KFC.

im not sure what Shannon did with hers though.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is low calorie? 

I would like to know what she did with the chicken after soaking it. If she baked it in the oven without any breading, then yuk. My southern ex mother in law soaked chicken in buttermilk before rolling it in flour and deep frying it! Most delish fried chicken ever. I have seen TV chef's do this, too.  Healthy? Hella NO.  Worth clogging an artery for a once a year treat, most definitely. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, FortKnox said:

If she hasn't already, I can see Shannon harping on what her girls eat to the point that they end up having a eating disorder, mark my words.

And then, Shannon being Shannon, she won't see her part in it and blame it all on David. Or hell, even Vicki.

Ha, I can see it now - RHOC season 15: "Four years ago, an allegation was put out there about their father and none of us knew if it was going to destroy us as a family! Eating disorders are all about control - and my daughters' need for control? Is Vicki Gunvalson!"

ETA Affordable, healthy food is not exactly a new or novel concept. Also, while I won't knock the good intentions of wanting to make healthy food more affordable, is the OC really the place where a business like this will make the most impact? I don't really think of it as a place where a lot of people are struggling to the point where they can't afford healthy food.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

im not sure what Shannon did with hers though.

She cried tears of rage over the chicken as she cooked it -- toughens the meat just a touch!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

Don't forget that horrible "Silicon Valley" show [which was primarily set in SF, aside from the shots of that girl who lived in the Four Seasons in (East) Palo Alto].

Ha - at first I was like: wait, I love that show.  Thinking you were talking about the comedy on HBO.

But then I remembered the horror that was "Start up: Silicon Valley."  It was so bad I think my brain was trying to protect me from remembered it!  ;)

ETA Affordable, healthy food is not exactly a new or novel concept. Also, while I won't knock the good intentions of wanting to make healthy food more affordable, is the OC really the place where a business like this will make the most impact? I don't really think of it as a place where a lot of people are struggling to the point where they can't afford healthy food.

Well, "affordable" to Shannon and her family is still "expensive" to many. ;)  I envisioned her trying to replicate a place like Harvest where the food is all farm - to - table (some organic) and many of the dishes are under 500 calories.  But, hey, if we have a place like us near us in (semi-rural) Pennsylvania, I can only imagine there are tons of places like this in LA/Orange County.  So, like you said, definitely not a novel concept at all.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Vicki downright waddled into that restaurant like a penguin.

Mr. Outlier added some Darth Vader breathing sounds for me. 

12 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Maybe there is still differing opinions in the medical community but it's my understanding that DCIS used to be considered strictly a pre-cancerous condition and something to just "watch" but is now actively dealt with. 

Opposite experience here.  I know someone diagnosed with DCIS probably about 20 years ago, and she had a lumpectomy and had to choose whether to do radiation or not.  So they've been actively dealing with it for some time, and it was my impression that it's swinging the other way because treatments aren't without risks.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kelly is, once again, bitching and complaining that someone in her life isn't as social as she'd like them to be. Hmmm, maybe it's not that everyone else is a hermit, Kelly. Maybe it's just that a lot of people over the age of 40 are tired of that constant partying, drinking lifestyle. It gets old. Nothing wrong with a quiet night at home. But no, her husband actually takes her out to dinner, and she's basically trying to pick a fight with him from the minute they sit down. Ugh, I just can't. (Also, what was she wearing?? With those dead poodles on her arms???)

I didn't even notice what she was wearing because I'm so distracted by her awful hair.  Even after many chances to see herself on TV, I can't believe she hasn't done something about it.  It lankly hangs on the side of her head, and then has a couple of kinks in it toward the bottom--so thin and scraggly.  Plus, it doesn't suit her face.  And what's with that teeth-sucking thing she does?  Even her putting food in her mouth with an overhand motion was bugging me.

[ETA: I noticed her hair didn't look terrible in one of the THs.  Maybe it takes a lot of work to get it to look okay and she doesn't want to do it regularly, and I'm very much okay with low-maintenance grooming.  What I fear is that what she does have is not a wash-and-go style, and any minute she spends on getting it to look thin and scraggly is time she'll never get back.  And if she's not spending any time on it (which I hope is the case), she's got the money to get a stylist who can give her a low-maintenance hairstyle that looks cute (although it certainly appears having decent looking hair isn't even a minor concern of hers).]

As for her being super social, who does she run around with?  I find her to be a singularly unpleasant person and can't imagine voluntarily spending any time with her at all, even if I were drunk.

5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Shannon is just miserable and looking to take it out on someone.  David has always had chips before dinner and she has periodically nagged at him through the seasons about it.  Has it changed his habit?  Nope.  So STOP!  And it really isn't fair to put the whole family through your 383 calorie dinner when you are the only one trying to lose weight.  Seriously, your family is thin - let them eat!

That whole scene just grated.  If Shannon needs to eat fewer calories, she could make "normal" food and just eat less of it, FFS.  She doesn't have to starve three other people, or make them miserable eating food that doesn't taste good.

And...you're rich.  Hire a fucking chef while you're trying to lose weight.  Chef makes one meal for you and one for your family, and when you can start eating normally again, get rid of the chef, if cooking is important to you.  Consider it an interim measure.

And you're going to go down in a heap of flames if you think you can sustain an "affordable organic" restaurant, even at a lower profit point.  The numbers just don't add up.  Or maybe that's "affordable" by Shannon's standards? 

Besides, if I'm eating out, I want the most calories I can get for my money, hopefully enough that I take some home for leftovers, so I'm clearly not in her target demographic.  I don't want to pay $10 for 250 calories.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 11

What was Vicki wearing at the Magazine party? She walked like she was wearing cement shoes and the boobs out look is over for her.

Doug's gifts to his wife looked desperate, like they were trying to prove they have money to everyone, even themselves. 

Why does Shannon seem so uncomfortable around her family and why does she still harp on David for eating chips!?

Didn't Heather try to start a restaurant a few season's ago?  Shannon has no idea how hard she will be working but David knows that she will be out of the house a lot, busy long hours...wink, wink.

Peggy is odd.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Going so far overboard for a birthday is ridiculous, IMO.    Good for them that they can afford it, but damn, two ultra expensive cars, a helicopter ride, and a necklace?   C'mon, man!  And it's not just the gifts, it's the notion that the whole day has to be one big magical fairytale kind of day.   It's silly. 

But it's a milestone birthday - 36 - everyone celebrates getting that much closer to 40 with disgusting exuberance, right???

• Love 15

I propose Shannon open a cafe called "Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow" complete with a bar of course. I would be happy to send her some casserole recipes for a fee...I'll even send one for my favorite homemade cocktail Miracle Over Ice. Its a spicy horse radishy drink with moonshine. Only the best for when Kelly comes to dine.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Real HW of Monterey would give us back Big Little Lies!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

But it's a milestone birthday - 36 - everyone celebrates getting that much closer to 40 with disgusting exuberance, right???

Well, when I turned 36 I got a haircut and had dinner at Raising Canes with my mom, then came home to a cake my husband had baked me in a pie dish and added chocolate chips to. So....yea, of course!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is the hallmark of every southern fried chicken I've ever had.  It tenderizes the meat and imparts a tang, sort of like sour cream.

you soak it night one in brine with cayenne, buttermilk night 2, then fry night three.  

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I would like to know what she did with the chicken after soaking it. If she baked it in the oven without any breading, then yuk. My southern ex mother in law soaked chicken in buttermilk before rolling it in flour and deep frying it! Most delish fried chicken ever. I have seen TV chef's do this, too.  Healthy? Hella NO.  Worth clogging an artery for a once a year treat, most definitely. 

And you may all have an unexpected (but very well-mannered!) me at your respective homes the next time you prep your above dishes. I promise to not: drink to naked-wasted excess, woo-hoo, flail my arms, pinch someone's lips closed, or suggest adding hormones to the daily supplements regimen. I will also bring dessert.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Normades said:

Apparently she didn’t feel that she should forget her own homophobic feelings and allow her brother see their dying father. 

Has this been proven or it one of those comments that has gained momentum? I know TT posted about it as did ROL and Mauricio's/BH odd mother but  do we know that Pol' (né Paul) was, in fact, banned from seeing his father? And if he was, might it have been for reasons other than his orientation? Maybe he's an asshole? Maybe he was already estranged from his father and a deathbed reunion was deemed too little too late? Maybe he engages in questionable activity, such as detailed here:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/08/04/pol-atteu-scammer/

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm just imagining her marinating the chicken in milk, and that's it. A low cal dressing can help tenderize it AND add some flavor. Chicken is already fairly low cal, as far as meats go, but it can be super bland if you don't do it right. 

She was dipping it a breading of some kind. I always put my chicken in buttermilk with various spices, usually overnight, when I make fried chicken.

I cannot stand Lydia or Peggy and this season is just so freaking dull.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She was dipping it a breading of some kind. I always put my chicken in buttermilk with various spices, usually overnight, when I make fried chicken.

Oh, I didn't realize she was going that route. Breading frying tend to be higher cal ways of cooking chicken....?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hockey Addict said:

I propose Shannon open a cafe called "Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow" complete with a bar of course. I would be happy to send her some casserole recipes for a fee...I'll even send one for my favorite homemade cocktail Miracle Over Ice. Its a spicy horse radishy drink with moonshine. Only the best for when Kelly comes to dine.

A whine bar?

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, I didn't realize she was going that route. Breading frying tend to be higher cal ways of cooking chicken....?

I imagine it was baked "fried" chicken. I have recipes that includes yogurt in the marinade and it definitely tenderizes the meat. Yogurt also coated it nicely so the spices and flavors really stick. If Shannon is counting calories she needs to learn to budget them and make food her family already likes, and figure out portion sizes and perhaps make some ingredient substitutions.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My baked dairy dish is that I add a few tablespoons of Tandoori spice to a small container of plain Greek yogurt. After mixing well I add some deboned chicken. I marinate it all day in a zip lock and then put the marinated chicken on a baking dish in the oven for 40 minutes. Very juicy flavorful chicken. 

Sorry to @Cheetosandchoc  Didnt mean to step on your toes. We were posting the same good ideas at the same time! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added apologies
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SCS said:

And you may all have an unexpected (but very well-mannered!) me at your respective homes the next time you prep your above dishes. I promise to not: drink to naked-wasted excess, woo-hoo, flail my arms, pinch someone's lips closed, or suggest adding hormones to the daily supplements regimen. I will also bring dessert.

I will fry you up some chicken.  But I want a casserole. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Does Peggy know what show she signed up for? I agree with her most of the time, but I'm also not reality TV material. 

I don't even dislike Lydia, but I fast forward through every one of her scenes. She and Doug are the definition of white bread. But stale white bread, with moldy corners. I find nothing interesting about them.

Meghan is just as boring, but her baby is cute. And I get a good chuckle watching her husband be utterly awful to her on camera for the third year in a row. Like dude, for real, you gotta fake it better. I don't doubt he loves her but geez, be a bit more demonstrative for the viewers.

I like Kelly (sue me), but watching her and her husband makes me ill. They clearly dislike each other and cannot productively communicate with each other. It's sad to watch, and not in a fun way like with Meghan and Jimmy.

Shannon is such a walking disaster that I can't look away. I get why she hates Vicki, but she's clearly uncomfortable avoiding her. Shannon should just get up in Vicki's face and let her have it. Maybe then she could put the righteous anger away and move on. 

David is a dick but yeah, buttermilk is not a fabulous option for someone trying to lose body fat. That weight cannot be pinned on Vicks, much as Shannon would like to. I can't help but root for Shannon. I think she of all people has plenty of right to never speak to Vicki again. She needs to do something about the seething anger first, though.

Tamra, on the other hand, can just get over herself any day now. People have been saying Eddie was gay for YEARS. She reminded me of Ramona this week, screaming about how happy she was and how at peace she was when it's clear she's anything but. She's pissed as hell at Vicki. She also knows she's done her fair share of wrong in her day that she probably earned some of this as karma. And that's why she's so on edge and uncomfortable. She sees herself in Vicki. This woman was her ally for years, and they're inextricably linked. Seeing Vicki is like looking in a mirror - that would make me uncomfortable, too.

Instead of owning her part in the Vicki feud and her past behavior (I will never get past Naked Wasted, the way she basically assaulted Alexis verbally and physically at the CUT opening, or how she tried to force-feed Kelly alcohol in Ireland), she rails against Vicks in hopes of quelling her guilt and divorcing herself from her past transgressions. It's not working. That's why she can't look at Vicki. I've been raging mad at people before. I have no problem looking them in the eye. It's like saying, "Yes, I'm here, you didn't break me, I'm not afraid of you. I wonder if you have the backbone to speak to me and/or apologize."

Tamra's campaign against Vicki is tiresome. And her unholy alliance with Shannon is the same as her erstwhile bond with Vicks - "We hate all the same people!" That will eventually crumble as well, because Tamra has never demonstrated an ounce of loyalty to anyone.

Vicki is who she is. The best you can hope for with her is pleasantries. So give her that, divest yourself of the problem, and move on. If Vicki is as bad as you say, she'll eventually reveal herself. But the crusade to "out" Vicki as what she's been for years? Not worth it. I'm as bored of it as Peggy.

I agree with the vast majority of this post except the part about buttermilk being fattening.  I buy buttermilk all the time and the only type that's available in stores is 1% fat.  It's lo cal but most of what it's used for is not.  Pancakes, waffles, doughnuts, cakes, fried chicken etc.  Guilt by association! Poor little buttermilk.

Peggy was right to tell Tamra to move on.  First of all Tamra has no right to sit in judgement of anyone.  She's pulled so much crap over the years and has been so ugly to so many people if everyone held a grudge against her she'd be banished from the state of California.  Vicki said there were rumors of Edie being gay.  I said at the time who the fuck cares?  Laugh it off. That's not an attack ffs. I think Peggy was probably brought on as a cancer patient to "absolve' Vicki of her cancer taint.  Like if Peggy, an actual cancer patient doesn't care what Vicki allegedly did, why should any of the other women?  Whether it changes anyone's mind time will tell.

Lydia and her husband are posers. They do not interest me in the slightest. Oh well.

It was literally painful to watch Kelly and her husband have dinner.  She is such a fucking heartless bitch.  She thinks he's too old for her now, he's boring etc. so she can treat him like a welcome mat and walk all over him?  Uuggggghhhhhh.  Her daughter is watching Kelly treat her father like a piece of shit I hope Kelly realizes the possible effect this is having on her child. coughTamracough.

• Love 10

Jeebus, this was dull.

Tamra is still crying over her parents' divorce?  Yawn.  David is still eating chips?  Yawn.  The majority of the cast still hates Vicki?  Yawn.  Kelly is still an asshole?  Yawn.  The editing monkeys still hate Jim?  Yawn. 

I will say this to Shannon - - stop telling your teen and pre-teen daughters how many calories are in a meal.  You're going to create issues with eating.  They shouldn't care how many calories are in a meal.  Leave them alone.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Mr. Moving and I would welcome your company.  The one stipulation Mr. Moving has is that you must refrain from any talk of cutting off balls.  Men can be so squeamish on that subject. :) 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

OMG - I'd forgot about that show about the self-indulgent techies who were as boring as fuck.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Mr. Moving and I would welcome your company.  The one stipulation Mr. Moving has is that you must refrain from any talk of cutting off balls.  Men can be so squeamish on that subject. :) 

I promise! And for Mr. Moving...:

b5f4fdb7e92d48d8aa27a268da9b47925b39d051

• Love 7

Do these HW purposely act like immature, uncompromising people just so that their children can have scenes with them to impart wisdom that any normal grown ass woman would think obvious? I feel for the trauma Peggy has experienced but you can't use your own experiences as the threshold to determine whether someone is legitimate in their feelings or not. It's great to have come out of your experiences learning to appreciate life and not feed bad energy but that doesn't give you the right to minimize other people's feelings. Her daughters were spot on - you can't tell people how to feel and to 'just get over it'. Mind your business. 

Tamra did her mom dirty in that dinner conversation. YOU fractured your relationship with your daughter. Don't call your mother out on national television as if she has any responsibility to jeopardize whatever relationship and trust she has with her granddaughter by trying to fight your cause for you. Further, I understand being disappointed that her mom didn't go to the fundraiser, but given the situation, it would have been nice for Tamra to at least once say 'I understand why she didn't come but I'm still sad that we couldn't have shared the experience together'. At least she acknowledged it during their phone call. Tamra was also passive aggressive in painting herself as a victim when she essentially said 'maybe I should have stayed with Simon and been miserable because at least I would have my daughter' as if the reason she doesn't have her daughter is because she chose happiness with Eddie instead of misery with Simon. I don't know the details of her fractured relationship with her daughter but I'm not inclined to think that the reasons for their distant relationship is that black and white. 

Lydia of course you were going to invite the women to the party otherwise it would have been hard to get camera crews there to get you footage and some free advertising, lol.

Please no more cancer storylines.

• Love 7

Tamra and Shannon need to get over Vicki.  But Peggy's dry ass isn't the one to tell them that.  Damn fool, you just got there.

i want to stage a Shannon intervention.  Get her doing something, anything than what she's doing now.  Get her a makeover, hire a personal stylist.  Bitch can afford couture, but she always looks like she shoplifts from the Fashion Bug or Chicos closeouts. 

There is no hope for Vicki.  She should retire to Mexico where no one knows her yet and keep a low profile.  She can likely afford it now.  Most people seem to loathe her, and there ain't no redemption arc at this stage of the game.  I used to love watching her stupid shit and felt some affection for her, but now it's just contempt and second hand embarrassment at her ridiculous appearance.  I'm probably getting there on Shannon unless she pulls a 180, stat.

• Love 13

Tamra and Shannon need to get over Vicky by quitting the show. Vicky is vile and a piss-poor human to be part of a cancer scam and it speaks to her lack of class, humanity, and brains. I wouldn't get over that I'd just not be her friend. But they continue on the show so they are going to have to interact. So suck it up buttercups or quit. It's really that simple.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6