Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Haute Dogs of Dallas

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, TexasGal said:

D'Andra and Cameron (?) live in Highland Park, which is the super swanky part of town.  Cary lives in Preston Hollow which is also pretty respectable.  I can't remember where Leanne is precisely but it's just normal.  Stephanie is in Las Colinas which is a westward suburb.  The house they looked at is in Turtle Creek/Uptown, which is close to Highland Park and downtown. Brandi is in Plano or Frisco which are northern suburbs.

So, except for Stephanie and Brandi they are all pretty close.  And Stephanie and Brandi aren't particularly close to each other.

Isn't Leanne in Far North Dallas or Plano? Wherever she is, I recall she's in a small non-descript house.  Have we even seen it this year?   It's funny how these ladies act as if they are the upper echelon of Dallas society; yet aside from D'Andrea and Kameron (or her husband), they are far from it. They go to normal ass places my friends and I go to (and god forbid, we live in the northern suburbs).

Edited by CSunshine76
Grammar. I blame the wine.
  • Love 1

I like Stephanie and I didn't think her text was off the mark at all.  Leanne started trying to drive a wedge between Stephanie and Brandi during the airing of season.  During an appearance on WWHL, she essentially blamed the issues b/t her and Brandi on Stephanie; however it was pretty obvious that Brandi loved to irk Leanne.

Stephanie donated bone marrow to a complete stranger this year, which is pretty awesome IMHO.  

I also like Cary and did last year too.

Leanne is not evil, but I do believe she is the pot stirrer and the drama queen.

The new girl D'Andra is very likeable.  Her husband is a cutie and I'm super envious of all of their travel experiences.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

like Stephanie and I didn't think her text was off the mark at all.  Leanne started trying to drive a wedge between Stephanie and Brandi during the airing of season.

I think the main issue was her bringing Cary into it which from what we saw Cary told her to give Leanne the benefit of the doubt that she had changed.

Why can't Travis and Bryan take the children for a play date? They still hang out and presumably still own a house together. Oh right the idea that either of them would take care of their children by themselves is unfathomable.

• Love 10

Thoughts and observations regarding Elle Woods:

Quite the awkward exchange between husband and daughter.  He kind of pokes her in the shoulder.  No warmth or connection.  To be fair, that may have been the twentieth re-enactment of a spontaneous greeting.

So hubby bribed Elle to swim in shark-infested water.  So that's where she got her parenting techniques.

Poor girl-child of the unfortunate name having to wear a bow larger than her head.  Guesses on how old she will be the first time mom dies her hair blonde?  I'm sure there's nothing more frustrating for a woman claiming natural blonde hair than a child with dark brown hair.

I wonder if the children are jealous of the pocket dog.

One positive comment - It's very sensible to be teaching Texan children to be fluent in Spanish. 

I think someone else pointed this out, but that's one of the most unfortunate nose jobs I've ever seen.

Hopefully the children learn more valuable life-lessons than how a lady closes a bag.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, SweetPickle said:

I want to know how someone gets homeowner's insurance with a pool in the middle of the house! 

Brandi needs to run a comb through her hair. 

LeeAnn is strikingly beautiful but an absolute deranged lunatic. 

Cruise and Hilton. I can't. 

That's all I've got. 

I bet Snowflake names her next baby Kardashian.

52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think the main issue was her bringing Cary into it which from what we saw Cary told her to give Leanne the benefit of the doubt that she had changed.

Why can't Travis and Bryan take the children for a play date? They still hang out and presumably still own a house together. Oh right the idea that either of them would take care of their children by themselves is unfathomable.

Are you kidding! It cuts into brewski time!

• Love 11

I just realized that Stephanie and Cameron both have sons named Cruise. Except Stephanie's son is spelled Cruz. I didn't realize that was a popular name. Also, Hilton, why, just why??! I do give Cameron points for having her kids learn a second language. It's definitly easier to learn when they're young and being billingual is always a plus.

• Love 4

That's how a lady closes a bag??? By jamming it full of crap then bouncing up and down on it? Just get another suitcase. There's nothing "ladylike" about bouncing on a dam bag.

Pink dog food it the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Even Lisa Vanderpump doesn't go that far. She has a rescue shelter and HELPS animals. Not tries to make a buck off stupid ideas. I LOL at her husband. "You have to stop with the pink dog food". HAHAHAHAHA Dummy

If my husband ; A-Made me "lists" of what iI should do, or

B-bought a house I had never seen?? Wouldn't be my husband for long. At. All. 

She's not his wife. She's a trophy he can haul out. 

Liking Carey this year. Her husband is strange but OK she loves him.

So bribing your kids is some new great idea? Lady they don't do what you tell them because there waiting for the treat offer first. That's how you get spoiled kids! 

And on a serious note---I was thinking as I was watching---WOW. Must be nice to live in those homes, have all the $ you want, and not have to work outside the home (or inside it either) just lunch, and shop. Then I looked around my apartment, saw all my beloved things, including the cat asleep on my lap, and I though NAH. I'm happy. Those bitches? Not so much. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Nope. Her smirk irks me and she is such an ass kisser. I can't stand her narcissism and dangerous anger. She's unhinged. It's not fun to watch,  I'm always waiting for her to pull a knife Ooh one of the women.    I do like her cop boyfriend though and her occasional silliness,  like the hot dog outfit she wore.

Agreed, she's better 1 on 1...and by 1 on 1 I mean herself and one of her other personalities :)

• Love 8
15 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I like Stephanie and I didn't think her text was off the mark at all.  Leanne started trying to drive a wedge between Stephanie and Brandi during the airing of season.  

I think this is true, and it would have been fine if Stephanie said as much coming from HER. It was the trying to paint it as if CARY had made that observation that was problem. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I just realized that Stephanie and Cameron both have sons named Cruise. Except Stephanie's son is spelled Cruz. I didn't realize that was a popular name. Also, Hilton, why, just why??! I do give Cameron points for having her kids learn a second language. It's definitly easier to learn when they're young and being billingual is always a plus.

I'm not gonna lie if I have a son I'm naming him Hilton...but my grandfathers name was Hilton and he was the only father I knew.  

• Love 6

Did everybody get the message that Mark is not, I repeat NOT, gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that). And Carey hates to shop because she is so not a gold digger. I died laughing when Mark was all in a tizzy because the housekeeper had made a pair of 2 right socks. quelle horror! Look in your damn sock drawer for the 2 left socks and make 2 l/r pairs. Ta-da! Talk about first world problems. I thought for sure he would win the style maker title because, televised on Bravo, and then thought "no discounted nose jobs for you" when the judges picked Guillermo. But at least Mark got his prize from Carey *wink, wink* See? Not gay!

Can't believe that Travis never thought of a pool in the foyer as a safety hazard, and all Stephanie could think about how nasty it would be. Did the potential danger to the kids you spend 2 hours a day driving to school not enter your head? 

Lil' tidbit, Kameron: when kids know a bribe is coming, they wait to do what it is you've told them to do. She needs to partner with her parents, who own a dog food treat plant for heaven's sake, in researching, developing, & marketing her pink dog food. Although they probably think it is a stupid idea, too, and I'm sure Kam just cannot understand how anyone is not taking her idea seriously because she is so, so smart! 

My brain glazed over during the Stephanie/Brandi/who said what about whom drama. It was like listening to my 11-year old daughters, except less mature. Will there ever be an episode that Brandi does not reference her Dallas Cowboy cheerleader past? 

On 8/21/2017 at 10:25 PM, Bronzedog said:

When a dog costume party doesn't improve a show you know it's bad.

LeeAnn is deranged.

+1 to both

On 8/22/2017 at 8:53 AM, TexasGal said:

It didn't help that in the talking head before that scene she said something to the producer or camera person about them wanting to use the toilet in "my house."  Ummmm, way to ruin the suspense.

Even though Stevie Wonder could see that Travis was going to buy the house, that was really bad editing. 

On 8/22/2017 at 8:47 PM, Loi123456 said:

Favorite show this week.. D'andraaaaaaaaaaa ... but I am curious, how do they these kind of events here in Dallas TX? it this based on real story for dallas people?

This is 3rd hand information from a friend of a med school friend of Dr. Toothbrush's, but evidently there are organizations that are basically social groups that get together for events and maybe collect a little money for a charity along the way. But their main goal is meeting people & having fun, and is in no way connected to any Dallas social elite. Not saying for sure this is what the events portrayed on the show are, but that is what immediately came to mind with all the charity talk last season. 

On 8/22/2017 at 11:41 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Stephanie donated bone marrow to a complete stranger this year, which is pretty awesome IMHO.  

I also like Cary and did last year too.

Leanne is not evil, but I do believe she is the pot stirrer and the drama queen.

The new girl D'Andra is very likeable.  Her husband is a cutie and I'm super envious of all of their travel experiences.

Good for Stephanie!

I think Carey is the fakest of the fake. She is trying to act like she is the drama-free, down to earth chick, and I am not buying it for a second. 

If anything I would describe Leanne as bitter, and yes, a pot stirring drama queen. She wants everyone to be as pissed off as she is, and then sit back and thrive on the chaos. But every once in a while we see the glimmer of a heart underneath. 

I feel for D'Andra, but she should take the initiative and commission some mock-ups of new labels, develop new formulas, and arrange focus groups. Use her company credit card if her mom will not approve funding up front. Her mom may resent that she went behind her back and not be willing to even entertain any changes, even if the data shows they would be good changes. If so, D'Andra will know once and for all that she is just spinning her wheels until her mother decides to retire, and she can decide what her next steps will be. 

• Love 7

I really like D'Andra so far. I love that her home looks like a home that's lived in. I like that despite growing up with money and liking to shop, she doesn't seem that pretentious (but she does seem to tip toe around her mother to appease her mother's pretentiousness) and I love that she didn't give a shit about how much money her husband made. Like she said, she has money so it's not important for her husband to have money because she doesn't need to be taken care of. It's a shame that her mother is stuck in her old ways because D'Andra has a lot of great ideas for the business but her mom doesn't respect her business ability or common sense. Her mother wants her to prove herself without giving her the opportunity to prove anything. 

Leanne reverting back to the same old Leanne. She's just too crazy to be rid of it fully but man, her temper is something nasty and thankfully it was pretty tame in this episode. However, judging by the the scenes for this season, she's going to regress back to her glass throwing ways. Leanne's anger is very much a byproduct of her environment. She seems perfectly normal around her boyfriend and people she gets along with. If she's really trying to better herself, then being on this show isn't the way to be because she's forced to be around people that she doesn't get along with and who will push the buttons that set her off. 

Couldn't care less about this Stephanie/Brandi drama. But I have to side with Stephanie on the house matter. Forget that a pool in the middle of the living room will be dirty, it's also a huge safety issue, especially with young kids who are always running around the place.  I can't decide if her husband is really that stupid to think that was a livable house, especially for a young family with children. If the only safety issue is the pool, they could always have it removed and they redo the floor to make it even flooring.  

• Love 7

Omg. Kameran is unbearable.  Her vocal fry is awful and it always seems like she is trying to speak like a sassy gay man or something.  I think we all can agree with her husband telling her enough with the pink dog food already. 

D'Andra is likable.  Too bad she is so stuck under the wing of Mommie Dearest.  Her ideas were good and seem almost necessary to keep a company going.  Not having a marketing budget for a beauty product in 2017 seems ridiculous!

Cary is fine so far this year. She is trying too hard in her talking heads to be funny but at least she is trying to be friends with everyone.

LeAnn is cray-cray but I think she makes the show interesting and for some reason I don;t mind her.  I don't necessarily think she was incorrect with the things she said about Stephanie but damn why did she have to insert herself before Stephanie and Brandi got to talk. And I think she have been more upset with Cary rather than Stephanie?

As another poster said, Brandi cannot communicate at all.  Even her announcing at the dog show was bad.  I wonder how she got cast? Were there not any other more exciting former DCCs  who were willing to be on the show?

Stephanie doesn't bother me.  From their conversation, it seemed like Travis must have already told her that he was going to put a bid in for that house.  She seemed more pissed that she would have to consider living in this house rather than shocked that he had put a bid in.  

If four months without Brandi were the worst fourth months of Stephanie's life, she should consider herself extremely lucky.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, iloveit said:

As another poster said, Brandi cannot communicate at all.  Even her announcing at the dog show was bad.

Brandi announced at the Dog Show? I thought that was Stephanie did they both do it?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brandi announced at the Dog Show? I thought that was Stephanie did they both do it?

Yes, I think she did the first announcement because it was something about the Cowboys.

• Love 1

Who knew socks came in rights and lefts?  Does this mean if Mark is wearing two right socks he will end up walking in a circle?  My hub is SOL if he ever thought I'd pair his socks other than by same type.

I just can't with Not Elle Woods.  I can't listen to her voice. I can't not watch her upper lip not move when she talks. I can't believe her stupid pink dog food scheme. I FF through everything with her to save my sanity.  

Stephanie's face with the botox, fillers, white make-up and black eye liner is just a soulless mask.  Though she can manage to still cry for her lost Brandie.  That's an accomplishment!  

mask.jpg

Edited by eclectcmoi
Punctuation!
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Who knew socks came in rights and lefts?  Does this mean if Mark is wearing two right socks he will end up walking in a circle?  My hub is SOL if he ever thought I'd pair his socks other than by same type.

You aren't being paid to do his laundry, Mark asked her to remind the housekeeper which I think is a fair complaint (I assume she sees the housekeeper more than he does which is why he didn't tell her himself) and the wrong sock can be annoying when you are standing on your feet a lot because of how the fall on your feet.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, schmickschmack said:

Seriously, though; this is me the entire show.  I will never know who's who.

I'm better this year,  but that was me all last year. If it helps,  Brandi has more of an alcoholic puffiness to her face in comparison to Stephanie. 

10 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm buying the wrong kind of socks.

Or do they all come left/right and I'm oblivious? 

I have no idea. Maybe it's possible that after wearing them a few times they conform to fit your feet, so then you feel as if one belongs on the right and the other on the left?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dosodog said:

So I Google left and right socks.  I get Mark is paying a housekeeper, but.  They put little r's and l's on them.

I also found this.  The wrong sock on foot struggle is real.  And makes it hard for me to supress a giggle over some of the quotes.

https://www.runnersworld.com/fun/sock-mishap-sends-runner-to-er

Catastrophic Foot Failure.  Mmmm hm.

OMG, too funny.  P.T. Barnum was right! There is a sucker born every minute. People will buy in to anything.

• Love 6
On 8/22/2017 at 1:43 PM, HunterHunted said:

Kameron's ideas are aggressively terrible. She doesn't even have the barest background to have someone take her seriously. She's not a vet, a vet tech, a zoologist, an animal behaviorist, chair of the board of the no kill shelter, or even in sales. She's like the least qualified person to be starting a dog food company. This shit is like something a 5 year would come up with. I like pink. I like dogs. I'm going to invent Kameron's Super Special Sparkly Pink Fancy Dog Food.

Court: Kameron, did you melt pink crayons into the dog food again?

Kameron: Yes. I was...

Court: And cover it with pink glitter?

Kameron: Yes, but it's called research and development.

Court: STOP! Dogs can't even see the color pink!

She's alleging that it's going to be organic. There is no good reason to feed your dog pink food. You'd have to make sure the dye or additive would be safe for your pet to digest. You'd have to make sure that owners wouldn't freak out because their pets have pink poop.

Yes, to all of this--AND she'd have to find enough other ditzy, ig'nant, ho-bag imbeciles to buy pink dog food. It's not only a stupid idea; it's incredibly lame. And, oh, by the way, you're a little long in the tooth to pull off Elle Woods, who was young, charming, and kind-spirited. Her husband looks like he's completely lost interest in this nitwit. It would be so interesting to see an animal activist instead of this vapid ho who brags about doing things for Chanel bags. Congratulations? That's called a prostitute, Dum Dum. Ugh--this silly ape is the worst.There's nothing worse than a moron trying to convince others that she's smart. 

• Love 6

I dunno how much more I can take of this show...between vocal fry Barbie and her pink dog biscuits coupled with mealy-mouthed Brandi and her pathetic "You accidentally hurt my feelings in a blog so I'm not your BFF anymore" storyline, I'm kinda just using it as background noise for now.

And I see that LeeAnne is still batshit cray as ever---I guess this show needs her kuckoo energy to keep things lively otherwise, but I'd sure hate to deal with her nutty ass in real life. She's a ticking timebomb; I keep waiting for her own unique spin on the Real Housewife table toss.

I see Stephanie's stiffly bloated face now and I automatically think of fellow Texan Jerry Hall's "fixed" face from the first "Batman" movie:

IMG_1544.JPG

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2017 at 3:52 PM, StevieRocks said:

Yes, to all of this--AND she'd have to find enough other ditzy, ig'nant, ho-bag imbeciles to buy pink dog food. It's not only a stupid idea; it's incredibly lame. And, oh, by the way, you're a little long in the tooth to pull off Elle Woods, who was young, charming, and kind-spirited. Her husband looks like he's completely lost interest in this nitwit. It would be so interesting to see an animal activist instead of this vapid ho who brags about doing things for Chanel bags. Congratulations? That's called a prostitute, Dum Dum. Ugh--this silly ape is the worst.There's nothing worse than a moron trying to convince others that she's smart. 

I’m still waiting to witness this purported brilliance of hers...

• Love 4

The new girl D'Andra is very likeable.

And so pretty. Her face is a great advertisement for her mother's company.

NotElle looks like a cross between the OC's blonde Peggy and Miami's Alexia.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, TexasGal said:

Hilton Doubletree.  Fancy.

The 2 hours really would depend on if she went through downtown, and assuming she was sitting in traffic in the morning because she'd be going the same way as most traffic.  During non-rush hour it wouldn't even be close to 2 hours.

I think that she did say that it took two hours to bring and get back home.

Nike dry fit socks come with an L and an R on them.  I don't know if there is any physical distress in wearing 2 Ls or 2 Rs or on the opposite feet but it is annoying that two get paired together as set that don't match.

They are not super expensive socks or anything. 

On 8/21/2017 at 11:53 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't know what Stephanie is to him,  but it sure ain't an equal. 

The nanny.   First of all why 2 different private schools?  is one of them only preK or something?  Second of all, of course he's pleased as punch with his commute, he's 15 minutes from work.  But any man who thinks you'd want to do this haul twice a day every day isn't really thinking about you.  At all.    Also Steph?  Get your baby's bare feet off the kitchen counter.

On 8/22/2017 at 10:38 AM, TooMuchRho... said:

I agree with the Stephanie and Brandi comment and have to think what awesome best friend goes 4 months without telling the other what's bothering them or F off or anything. Brandi has arrested developememt and would seriously be an issue in any marriage. Like attracts like Brandi acts like one and Stephanie gets treated like one! 

Lol, nutty right?   Mine.  We met when we were 4.  She taught me how to tie my shoe.  We'd been best friends since (40 years at that point).  I'd sent a text inviting her and 2 of my other girlfriends to a holiday party my dude was throwing.   She and gf #2 were married.  Gf #3 was single.  Text said:  there'll be food, fun, single men and open bar.  Address details.   We talked like 3 times a day. That was November 2012.  April 2013 after a gang of one way unreturned phone calls gf #4 interventioned us in my kitchen and said wtf?  My bff goes - she sent a group text about a party we might want to attend b/c single men were gonna be there.  I'm married.  I was highly offended that a woman who's been like a sister to me for 40 years could suggest what it says about me or my marriage that it's appropriate to send me an invitation like that.    Yawl?  I was blown.  I was near tears when I said Layla (gf #3 in the group text) is single.  How about I was talking to her?  How bout I also said there'd be open bar, am I calling you alcoholics? or hey... how about *like a sister* entitled me to a returned phone call?   She apologized for her assumptions and I didn't say shit.   The gf who'd called the intervention turned to me and said tell her you're sorry.  I said I don't have any problem apologizing but what am I sorry for exactly.......? the imaginary thing she was hurt enough to end a lifelong friendship over but never discuss?   Long story short, we tried peaceing it up after that but it was never the same.   When I heard Brandi say I just wanted to distance myself from you because I thought you didn't appreciate our friendship, I told the tv, girl you are way too childish for real relationships, stick with Leanne's messy ass. 

On 8/22/2017 at 10:05 AM, ghoulina said:

I think she DID mean that 2 hours was the total drive time for the day. Which still seems like a lot, to me. But I homeschool, so I may be a bit removed from the realities of chauffeuring kids to and from school every day. 

You're not.  Even if school is close, she's travelling in the apex of rush hour everyday, twice a day to two different locations.   WilderGirl used to go 10 miles from home.  At 7:00 am that was a 28 minute drop off.  

On 8/23/2017 at 0:41 AM, AttackTurtle said:

D'andras husband?  Lawt.  I drooled a little.   I was also kind of hoping he'd tell her, I know how to access butter, but thanks anyway.

On 8/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, iloveit said:

Stephanie doesn't bother me.  From their conversation, it seemed like Travis must have already told her that he was going to put a bid in for that house.  She seemed more pissed that she would have to consider living in this house rather than shocked that he had put a bid in. 

I was waiting for somebody to say this.  It was quick but in the beginning of their talk he said something like "that house that I told you I was gonna bid on...."  Did that airplane hangar of a house have only 4 bedrooms?  Ridiculous.  She's gonna need more face filler goo, she bout to be exhausted keeping watch over 2 boys under 10 in that museum.  

Kameron made me giggle.  Pink was the least of it, but your attraction to your hobbit coincided with his Gulfstream?   Mkay baby girl I see you.

rs_500x281-150209094336-prince.gif

Mark needs to knock it off now.  Barney's has been dressing grown men like this for years.  It ain't like saying I'm a plastic surgeon is shabby.   

Is it mean that I'm comforted by the fact that Rich is never gonna propose to Leann?  Lol.  #TeamPetty.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mark needs to knock it off now.  Barney's has been dressing grown men like this for years.  It ain't like saying I'm a plastic surgeon is shabby.   

THANK YOU!!! Mark just really irks me for some reason. I was not-so-secretly tickled when he didn't win. 

• Love 4
On 8/21/2017 at 10:52 PM, dosodog said:

They had me at swimming pool.  In the living room!

Doso is in complete agreement about not eating stinking pink dog food.  He is also not a poop eating dog.

I don't like Stephanie, but I'm sticking up for her over the house.  Total dick move on Travis' part.  Even if there was a swimming pool.  

It's dangerous to have a swimming pool in the living room with dogs & little kids. They have to set up gates around the living room.

I like Stephanie.She giggles a lot. I think the fight with Brandi is overdone.

Cary is funny too with her Swiss American Fashion Icon husband.

I like Dallas. I prefer it to the Real Housewives of Orange County now.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:30 AM, LilaFowler said:

The blonde ditz (Kameron?) thinks that she's reinvented the wheel by bribing her kids to get them to do things. Ring-a-ding-ding. What a big bag of Mom Tricks, lady. She has one of the worst nose jobs that I've ever seen. One of her nostrils is significantly larger than the other. She'd look so much better with her natural brown hair.

I don't care much about the Brandi v Stephanie feud. I think it's silly and the root of it (the blog) is ridiculous. The thing is, Brandi's feelings were hurt but she is completely incapable of communicating. It's the reason her marriage was in such a lousy state. Brandi probably told Stephanie (and Bravo cameras) more in terms of how she felt about her marriage than she ever expressed to her own husband. She just pushes people away and refuses to communicate.

I'm not surprised that Stephanie's husband disregarded everything that she said about the house and bought it anyway. He treats her like another child. Remember the lists that he used to make for her? Also, I'm no real estate expert but the fact that a millions-lower bid was accepted on the house should concern them.

The only one on the show that I really like is Cary. Her little girl is so adorable and Mark is at least interesting.

Travis got a very good bargain on the home. The list price was 8.9M & he paid 5m. Wow!

On 8/21/2017 at 10:40 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Cruise & Hilton??? Why not just name your kids Ship & Hotel. 

Some people choose dumb names for their children, the names may sound "cute" and "special snowflake"when they are small but they need to live with those names for the rest of their lives, how "cute" are the names when they are in their 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and beyond.

Sorry that I'm late to this party. 

I thought they were named after Tom Cruise and Paris Hilton (not ship and hotel). 

On 8/22/2017 at 8:51 AM, DFWGina said:

I like D'Andra more and more.  I have never heard of her mother's skin care and I feel like I keep her on that sort of thing.  Which makes the whole marketing thing make more sense that they actually need it.  Or - more realistically - sell off the patents (if there are any) and equipment to another cosmetics giant and just live off the profits.

That could be why she joined this show. Free marketing. Bethenny on RHONY did just that and has made a fortune. 

• Love 3

Hello all, I'm new to this forum.  I really enjoy this show, I was glad to see it come back.  

Thank you sheetmoss for the links about that custom home.   Very interesting.  I was under the impression it might have been a shallow pool, but apparently not.   That is pretty crazy.   If I was Stephanie I would just plan on filling it in.   Although  if it covered up that might be an option.   I did notice that Stephanie gave away the fact they had bought the house before they showed the scene where Travis came home to tell her.  It was in her camera interview when she pointed to the director (or whoever) and said "I know you want to try out my toilet!"  

And what was the deal with the chandeliers....they said they took 2 years to make.  Did they put one crystal on per day?   LOL

And Mark with his sock issues.....  #Richpeopleproblems

I really like D'Andra so far.  I like her husband as well.  Her mom seems to be channeling Tammy Faye Bakker though.

LeAnne has mental issues.  I don't enjoy watching her at all.

I hope Brandi and Stephanie work out their issues, I liked how much fun they used to have together.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Long story short, we tried peaceing it up after that but it was never the same.   When I heard Brandi say I just wanted to distance myself from you because I thought you didn't appreciate our friendship, I told the tv, girl you are way too childish for re

@ZaldamoWilder, I'm so sorry about your longtime friendship breakup---she sounds like she's too crazy and overdramatic to ever have a truly mature and deep female friendship. Good riddance; who needs people like that in their lives??!! I do feel your pain because my former best friend of 10+ years and I broke up almost two years ago for a similarly stupid reason: she felt all butthurt and dissed by me over some made up notion in her head she'd completely dreamt up. That I wasn't "enough of a friend" and "didn't do enough" for her, I later learned. 

And yet she REFUSED to discuss it with me after over 3 months of silence and ignoring me and my calls/texts, until she finally sent me some melodramatic text novel that sounded almost exactly like Brandi's own stupid rationale: "It's just a feeling I have, that you don't appreciate me or our friendship." I vowed to never let her do that to me ever again, and I'm all the better without her needy, negative influence in my life.

People like that are pathetic. And they'll turn on you at the drop of a dime, often in favor of hanging out with far flashier/clingier trash "BFF's of the moment" a'la LeAnne. I feel so bad for Stephanie and truly do understand her sadness and confusion over her bestie suddenly ghosting her out of the blue, but you can never ever repair a true friendship once a friend randomly turns on you like that---she's best to just leave Brandi alone for good now. That trust will always be broken.

• Love 4

Thanks babe.  I'm sorry you lost your friend as well.  That's hard.  I definitely related to Stephanie when she said it feels like a death.   Not quite (for me) it was more like a divorce I never saw coming.    I'd hesitate to characterize the women who apply real reactions to perceived feelings as crazy.  They're rationalizing something.  I just believe it's so sad that whatever it is they're feeling isn't bigger than what they've felt for their besties.  

11 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That trust will always be broken.

worst part.

16 hours ago, oakville said:

Travis got a very good bargain on the home. The list price was 8.9M & he paid 5m. Wow!

Unless it was listed hella over market, this should've been a thing to make him pause.   He said he lowballed not expecting to win, so I'm not so sure it was a good idea.   I've never participated in a real estate auction before, there isn't a back out window? 

• Love 2

I found Travis to be very discounting of his wife's opinion on which house they should live in. I think she mentioned that this would be the third home that they would have that she had no say in. If I had a man who didn't value my thoughts on where we would be living (but I would be decorating, cleaning and raising "our" children in) I'd be pretty angry too. Not worth the expensive baubles he'd buy to appease me with IMO. 

@Sun-Bun and @ZaldamoWilder Very sorry about the losses of your friends. I also have been in this position and it hurts. It does make us smarter about choosing friends in the future. 

• Love 3

I thought it was neat that Pink Dog Food Lady has her kids taking Spanish classes.  It seemed like the language was being taught at a kid-appropriate level and the kids were having fun.  After all of the stupid shit the women on these franchises have bought for their kids over the years, this was refreshing.  I still really don't like Pink Dog Food lady, though.  Like, at all. 

Stephanie's new house is a hideous mausoleum.  And a pool in the living room is a horrible choice for a family with young kids. 

Cary occasionally gives off an Anna Chlumsky vibe. 

Remember that article that came out a few years ago about bored Hamptons housewives having affairs with each other?  Sometimes I get that vibe from Brandi and Stephanie...

• Love 1