Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Does Bethany have a degree in psychology?  She is driving me crazy tonight at least she looks pretty.  

I get Luanne kind of making excuses.  She is trying to save face.  It's just not working.   It

• Love 16

Why was Luann on the end of the couch? And there was something at the beginning of the episode about the divorce? I missed that.

I like Carole's dress. Could not stop staring at Ramona's boobs. When she got in Andy's face talking about Avery he looked too lol. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

To go through all that for a storyline?  I don't know ...she could have done all of it and then NOT get married and that would have been a good story too.  With all the women now spilling their guts about all their Tom stories now that she isn't marrying him.  That could have been a few episodes right there. 

I think that she knew if she did this, she'd have 3-5 years worth of storylines. Not sure how much they pay her but she got demoted at one point.  She knew she'd have to bring it.  Not sure what' is in it for him unless wants his parents to think his relationships aren't working because he a womanizer rather than gay.  Or he may have wanted fame anyway it would stick.  Or maybe he thought Lu would change him.

I just don't think she was ever in love with him and this was an opportunistic arrangement for both.  I mean here's her 5 year storyline.

1. Meeting Tom and rush engagement
  2. Her engagement and marriage year.
  3. The divorce season -- how Lu gets over her betrayal
  4. The Ramona-like dating everyone, pretending to be happy season.
  5. The Ramona-like two years post marriage failure, still pretending to be happy while suffering body dysmorphia resulting in major breakdown

She doesn't seem like a woman in love, betrayed, or embarrassed.  Feels like she's winking at us.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I need to re watch Bethenny and Noel awkwardly arriving  in the elevator  together in the finale, given Bethenny admonishing Ramona about ignoring her assistants in the elevator. Pot meet kettle! 

Probably she did greet him...all we saw was them coming out of the elevator. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Wendy said:

There is absolutely no way, I mean no way that a woman who is confident in herself, has pride and with high self-esteem would ever allow a guy (no matter how much in love you pretend to be) to humiliate you like that in public and try to find justification for his actions. 

Luann tries to sell the story of a fantastic marriage, her true love, blissful days with him in one segment and then in the next segment, she is letting us know that they had a fight the night before and one of them had to sleep at a hotel, which one is the truth?  

Luann would know what the truth is even if it hit her in the behind. 

I also noticed how Luann went from completely denying any veracity to the story that Ramona told her about Tom and this lady in L.A. to basically admitting it all when Bethenny mentioned that she had heard about the same story. 

Ramona knew about this since the last reunion so this incident must have happened before the wedding, yet Luann decided to still get married. 

Many people think that Luann wouldn't do this marriage for a story line but I do believe that there is absolutely no other explanation as to why a woman like Luann would go through a charade of marriage like this if not for a story line. 

12 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

You could see the sadness in her face when Bethenny said if it had happened to her she'd be crawling into a ball. 

Any woman who truly marries for love would be devastated by Tom's behavior, not trying to find excuses to justify it. 

Bethenny and every other cast member tried to let Luann know that this was a monumental mistake yet Luann follow through with it, this is what makes me think that even if it was just a hook up at the beginning, at some point Tom became the life saver that Luann was looking for to secure herself few more seasons on the franchise. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Shut up Beth.  You're not the host or the cohost.  Her voice just gets so grating.

That's my only thoughts until I get rid of the headache I have from listening to all this.

Unfortunately I'm used to this. She has been like this during reunions for the past few years. Andy is an awful host and she just seems to take the reigns.  Poor Tinsley hasn't gotten a word in.  She needs to be more aggressive with these ladies. 

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I need to re watch Bethenny and Noel awkwardly arriving  in the elevator  together in the finale, given Bethenny admonishing Ramona about ignoring her assistants in the elevator. Pot meet kettle! 

She might have greeted him though.  All we saw was the seconds when they got off the elevator. We didn't see them get on the elevator or the entire ride up. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Probably she did greet him...all we saw was them coming out of the elevator. 

I'd have to rewatch but I am quite sure I remember cold distant body language he was peace out the moment he could do so and when the door opened --she had her back to him. Body language points to a similar elevator car ride that Ramona had with her assistants. The irony. 

Just now, diadochokinesis said:

She might have greeted him though.  All we saw was the seconds when they got off the elevator. We didn't see them get on the elevator or the entire ride up. 

15 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I've just started watching but dude, the price sticker on the bottom of Ramona's shoe is driving me nuts.

Hahahahahaha I missed it ! Damn you, TJ Maxx! This was her big moment and when I say big I mean her 24k DD gold leaf hooters. 

• Love 5

I hate to comment too much about looks but the tanner and/or bronzer on Tinsley's legs, Ramon and Dorinda was just beyond!  Bethenny, Carole and Lu looked good.  Although I also agree with some of the others that Lu looked wiped out.  Tinsley looked like Tinsley.  Sonja looked nondescript.

• Love 5

I'm never the "Tinsley defender" but I like the way she conducted herself this episode.  The party, where Luann wore the insane green necklace (that I'd KILL people for) and Tom talked about his ring - I loved Tinsley's entire look and expression.  She had her hair in a ponytail.  Sometimes she can look really cute and classy.  I just want her to stop getting work done.

Sonya's had wayyyyyyy too much work done.  She used to be really pretty, really distinctive.  And her body still kicks ass so it's a shame.

Luann doesn't need to wear so much makeup, she can go really natural but oh well.

Bethenny, the amount of work she gets done is so obvious when you compare last year's reunion to this.  Gee willickers.

There are some good observations about Luann's lack of self esteem here.  She also constantly inserts herself in the conversation when it makes no sense.  It's odd.  Contrast it to Carole who just serenely sits there and speaks when it makes sense and she makes sense when she speaks.  It makes Luann seem kind of sad.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

Normally, all of the rehashing of past arguments and grievances comes off as another round of beating a dead horse but that  was more fun than I expected.  The NY Housewives have put on a good show!  

Not to defend Bethenny trying to run the show but I find Andy to be a rather flimsy personality and I know that when I'm a situation with a person who can't/won't control with confidence that I'll try to take over, too.  

Ramona impressed me with how well she took all of the criticisms.  But she seems the type who lacks the ability to put herself in another's position, so I'm sure the bad behavior will continue.  

Poor LuAnn.  It's so difficult to tell whether she's truly hurting inside and is afraid to show it, or she's believes her own lies.  Did I say that last week?  

• Love 19

Love the colour  of Tinsley's dress, but it is so baby Jane, dated looking.

Carole looks good

Bethenny, hun that red dress looked like it was going to swallow you.Fugly!

Ramona, well I have to say for 60 you do look good. That's not a new laser procedure, we've had that here for over 7 years, it just let's the skin produce new collagen. I wasn't keen on the dress,but she seems very happy. I think she knows she messed up this season, she owned most of what was said.

Dorinda, she always looks good, she was a bit yappy, with BF the co host equally as yappy.

Lu was obviously unhappy, any fool could see things weren't right with her, Andi sure piled it on, I just wish Bethenny soul put a sock in it, she gets louder and more high pitched,my dogs were howling! And stop fiddling with that boiew , on that hideous red dress! 

53 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I hate to comment too much about looks but the tanner and/or bronzer on Tinsley's legs, Ramon and Dorinda was just beyond!  Bethenny, Carole and Lu looked good.  Although I also agree with some of the others that Lu looked wiped out.  Tinsley looked like Tinsley.  Sonja looked nondescript.

Sonja looked like a slapper, sorry she just did. Harsh, and she's showing her age, must be travels with  Frenchie 

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 7

The women caught that past tense of "I loved being Mrs. D'Agostino" (or whatever the exact words were). LuAnn knew then that Tom was ready to file for divorce.

They were reacting to her saying "Right now, I love being Mrs. D'Agostino."  She said "love" present tense (I watch with close captioning).  But "right now" wasn't very hopeful! 

I wonder who picked out B's dress.  She looked really uncomfortable in it and it didn't look like her style at all.  Quite confused with the neckline.  I don't like her longer hair. 

Dorinda had bright purple eyeliner on the lower eye which made her look a little sickly.  And yes she just basically looked like an Oompah Loompah.  She looked so much better with no makeup and her pink glasses! 

Tinsley looked very pinched tonight.  I wonder if she had work done recently? 

Edited by Teddybear
Took pic out because too big
  • Love 13

After checking them out for 40 minutes now, I think Bethenny looks the best, and actually, her face looks very pretty, almost regal.  Next is Ramona.  She looks great for 60. I think Tinsley looks good, like her makeup tonight and I like her dress from the top up.  But I have a special like for the color teal.  Luann, Sonja, Carol and Dorinda in that order.  

• Love 5
On 8/16/2017 at 8:12 PM, jaybird2 said:

carole's cheeks are over the top too much.   ramona looks better than she has all season

Ramona may look better than during the season, but I think she looks like shit.  The hair particularly looks bad.  I noticed the price tag on the bottom of the shoe too!

dorinda and Ramona are wearing far too much eye makeup.  Looks like most of them have glitter on their eyes, not a good look.

we're only one reunion episode in and I'm already sick if looking at Ramon's and Sonja's breasts!

Edited by Mrs peel
Ans and and are not rhe same
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

Sonja looked like a slapper, sorry she just did. Harsh, and she's showing her age, must be travels with  Frenchie 

Sorry, Midwesterner here. What's a slapper?

• Love 6

I actually forgot that Dorinda had a dossier on Sonja; in a petty way, I kinda wish they hadn't made up so Dorinda could have pulled out the receipts at the reunion.  But, so far, it looks like they're all getting along much better than last reunion time, and they want to keep it that way.

So I guess the debate over when the HWs get the unseen episodes, at least for this season.

I DESPERATELY want to know what kind of chicken Ramona is keeping in her purse, why she's keeping it there, and how often she changes out said chicken.  Note, I would not wonder one of these things were it Sonja, because you know whatever's left on the craft services table at the end of the shoot is going home with her for dinner with Conner.

After seeing Lydia's baloney curls at Sushi Roku in the OC this week, I'm never gonna complain about Tinsley's curls.  They are at least somewhat more modern by comparison.  But Tins has got to drop the cotton candy colored dresses. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! Closed-captioning for Dorinda, "Look at your taxes," instead of "Look at your texts." 

LOL.  She pronounces it "textses".  I think others have pointed this out before me , but I only just noticed this tonight!

I liked Bethenny's dress.  It reminded me of Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga, or something else I'm not remembering.  I added J.Lo in Gucci, which also kind of reminds me of Carole's dress.

DHYRcm8WsAAbLOb2.jpg 54bc8b3e4a110_-_hbz-nicole-kidman-game-changing-dresses-012412-xln.jpg DREW-BARRYMORE-JENNIFER-LOPEZ.jpg 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

Dorinda had bright purple eyeliner on the lower eye which made her look a little sickly.  And yes she just basically looked like an Oompah Loompah.  She looked so much better with no makeup and her pink glasses! 

Tinsley looked very pinched tonight.  I wonder if she had work done recently? 

I also adore Dorinda with no makeup and the pink glasses, but honestly, I always love how she looks.  That Sonja party with the purple fur was my favourite.  Her makeup was great, very subdued but she looked SO glamourous.

I agree about Tins looking pinched.  The nose area.  Looked so weird.  With her, less is always more, but she definitely doesn't agree with us on this.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

The last time Luanne sat so far away from Andy I believe she was demoted the next season.    

The last time she sat so far away from Andy was season six, after which she was promoted back to full-time. Her demotion never made sense to me anyway considering the gossamer-thin storylines Ro and So have variously had at times. 

Lu has a ready-made picking-up-the-pieces narrative foundation to build upon for next season. 

2 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

Unfortunately I'm used to this. She has been like this during reunions for the past few years. Andy is an awful host and she just seems to take the reigns.  Poor Tinsley hasn't gotten a word in.  She needs to be more aggressive with these ladies. 

Really? This is honestly the first time I'm noticing it significantly. But this is also the first season I've kind of not finished - I checked out when Bethenny started lecturing Ramona in Mexico about she had to try harder at being a good person. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6

It's not like I have a lot of sympathy for Lu when all concerned warned her up to the last days before marrying that troll! I just find it unseemly for the women to pile on along with that b!tch Andy who just loves going in for the kill! He never seems to know when to back down; almost wanting to break you down and hopes you cry! If I dislike a person that much to go in on her like that on Nat'l TV, maybe we shouldn't be associates because heaven knows they can't be friends! None of these people are likeable! ;-(

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Why was Luann on the end of the couch? And there was something at the beginning of the episode about the divorce? I missed that.

I like Carole's dress. Could not stop staring at Ramona's boobs. When she got in Andy's face talking about Avery he looked too lol. 

They put her in Siberia for not allowing them to film the wedding and as someone  up thread said, Bravo doesn't like her. Well someone doesn't.

• Love 10
Just now, Giselle said:

They put her in Siberia for not allowing them to film the wedding and as someone  up thread said, Bravo doesn't like her. Well someone doesn't.

Not to mention all concerned knew she was lying about this marriage thing! The woman was turning into a puddle inside! I've really never seen her so broken holding onto the façade of control; The Countess as Bethenny said! I personally think Andy and others are as PO'd with her as Phaedra was on "RHOA!" She's not being honest with them, us, or herself and deserved to be way out in Siberia in her white wedding dress! ;-(

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I don't think Lu married Tom for a storyline. I think she knew he was a cheating dog but was afraid to back out of the wedding to save face. She wanted someone and to be married that bad. Maybe she was in denial or lonely.

She seemed stunned learning about some of the things the women were saying they heard about Tom. I'm wondering if this reunion was the last straw with Tom and the decision to divorce. 

Yeah.  I also think the other cast members would see right through it if the relationship was purely for a storyline.  My feelings are that LuAnne went through with the wedding to save face but also because she had a shred of hope that it might work. 

15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

15 hours ago, tribeca said:

The last time Luanne sat so far away from Andy I believe she was demoted the next season.    

That's kinda scary.  Something is going on with LuAnn and the show.  I'm not sure what it is but I think Andy and team have a beef with her for something that happened in the past.  I like LuAnn but I think I'd like her more if she were more open and not the non-human Betheny said she was (which I agree with).  I hope she is back next season - but being less guarded.

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Did Andy forget to greet Dorinda?

14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Andy did greet Dorinda but didn't say anything extra to her, as he did with everyone else. 

I also think Andy + team have a beef with Dorinda.  Of course I don't know for sure, but I do believe she is on coke.   I know what drunk looks like and her odd and irrational behavior when indulging in substances is not from alcohol.  I don't think Andy likes it (at least not on his shows).  I also think Betheny and some of the other wives don't like it in general.  

Other than Carol, no one has really warmed up to her and vice-versa.  For my money, Dorinda is a little lost and lonely and may still be grieving. I think she does the show for something to do in life...kind of like a coping mechanism.  I also think her wall is as big and as thick as LuAnn's....maybe even more so.  She could have been the star of the show had she wanted it.  Instead she keeps a distance. Just my opinion mind you.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

Yeah.  I also think the other cast members would see right through it if the relationship was purely for a storyline.  My feelings are that LuAnne went through with the wedding to save face but also because she had a shred of hope that it might work. 

That's kinda scary.  Something is going on with LuAnn and the show.  I'm not sure what it is but I think Andy and team have a beef with her for something that happened in the past.  I like LuAnn but I think I'd like her more if she were more open and not the non-human Betheny said she was (which I agree with).  I hope she is back next season - but being vulnerable.

I also think Andy + team have a beef with Dorinda.  Of course I don't know for sure, but I do believe she is on coke.   I know what drunk looks like and here odd and irrational behavior when indulging is not from alcohol.  I don't think Andy likes it (at least not on his shows).  I also think Betheny and some of the other wives don't like it in general.  Other than Carol, no one has really warmed up to her and vice-versa.  For my money, Dorinda is lonely and may still be grieving. I think she does the show for something to do in life...kind of like a coping mechanism.  I also think her wall is as big and as thick as LuAnn's....maybe even more so.  She could have been the star of the show had she wanted it.  Instead she keeps a distance.

Since I've never been exposed to substance abusers, I never would have thought COKE! With John as her pusher, I can believe it I guess! I'm so blind to stuff like that! ;-(

• Love 3

Yeah, hardly conclusive evidence over how they interacted throughout the entire elevator ride.

There is absolutely no way, I mean no way that a woman who is confident in herself, has pride and with high self-esteem would ever allow a guy (no matter how much in love you pretend to be) to humiliate you like that in public and try to find justification for his actions. 

Luann tries to sell the story of a fantastic marriage, her true love, blissful days with him in one segment and then in the next segment, she is letting us know that they had a fight the night before and one of them had to sleep at a hotel, which one is the truth?  

Luann would know what the truth is even if it hit her in the behind. 

I'd say poor Luann, but she knew what the situation was like long before the marriage itself.

Lu has a ready-made picking-up-the-pieces narrative foundation to build upon for next season. 

She planned her storyline well, it seems. Will season 11 be the season where she finds her one true love? For reals this time?

Other than Carol, no one has really warmed up to her and vice-versa

But she has also been friends with Ramona and Luann long before she came on the show. Being friends with half the cast sounds average for this franchise.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I've just started watching but dude, the price sticker on the bottom of Ramona's shoe is driving me nuts.

NO!  Now I have to watch again because I missed it.

I think the reunion was the most pleasant and entertaining of all HW reunions ever.

• Love 6