Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I agree that Andy truly sucks at the reunion shows.  

I really enjoyed Bethenny speaking up at the reunion, because it felt more like a conversation among friends, rather than the silly and obvious viewer questions asked by Andy.  I do like him more when he goes off the cuff.

I'll never forgive Andy for letting Ramona refuse to speak about her divorce, and falling asleep while sitting right next to him.  If anyone deserves humiliation, it is Ramona.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I really enjoyed Bethenny speaking up at the reunion, because it felt more like a conversation among friends, rather than the silly and obvious viewer questions asked by Andy.  I do like him more when he goes off the cuff.

I'll never forgive Andy for letting Ramona refuse to speak about her divorce, and falling asleep while sitting right next to him.  If anyone deserves humiliation, it is Ramona.

Unfortunately, like Vicki of the OC, they are the original OG's of the franchise! It would be difficult to get rid of either unless they did something truly egregious like what Phaedra did where no one would want to tape with them again! BTW, I thought I heard someone in a position to know and do something about it was going to put Phaedra on blast and probably get her disbarred for promoting those lies against Kandi! He said he saw the program and would get right on it! It's not like anyone would ever hire her but Bobby Brown anyway, but she deserves to lose her license! That was heinous and lied to the end! The woman's pathetic and IDK how she can ever get from under that cloud! ;-(

33 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Jill--?????  ???

Nope, not Jill. If I had money I'd be doing something fabulous. Not saying blogs are not fabulous, but they are free. :) Just a poor lady who loves to snark and write shit. :)

26 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I think though that Romana didn't know what was happening with Mario and was holding out that the relationship would work so she didn't want to say anything. She also didn't want to seem desperate on national TV. The sleeping was totally fake. She was in a bad spot, and I do understand her not wanting to jeopardize her real life to give someone else a good 10 seconds of TV. 

Edited by bravofan27
forgot to add that I'm poor as fuck
7 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Nope, not Jill. If I had money I'd be doing something fabulous. Not saying blogs are not fabulous, but they are free. :) Just a poor lady who loves to snark and write shit. :)

I think though that Romana didn't know what was happening with Mario and was holding out that the relationship would work so she didn't want to say anything. She also didn't want to seem desperate on national TV. The sleeping was totally fake. She was in a bad spot, and I do understand her not wanting to jeopardize her real life to give someone else a good 10 seconds of TV. 

Andy's such a jerk! He thinks just because he's paying these women, they should bare their souls to him! That's ridiculous! He doesn't answer personal questions and if they don't want to talk about something, "move on a-hole!" Never liked him; just this gossipy woman you just love to hate! ;-(

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I don't know.  I am 55 and Dorinda is 52.  Our age group is one of the biggest users of coke excepting for those in their 70s.  Growing up in the 70s, being in college in the 80s and having money in the 90s all add up to the drug generation.  I have lost 2 friends in the past year to drug overdoses.  One was 53 and one was 59.  It is still prevalent at parties - weed, coke, and vicodin.  I recognize the beyond-slur of words that comes with alcohol and drugs.

Not saying Dorinda is doing it but it is absolutely not out of the realm.  I like Dorinda (slinks away).

I have friends' in that age range, older as well.None of us do drugs, we do yoga, yup boring yoga. We like a nice glass of wine, but no way would any of us do drugs at our age. Something is missing in ones life if you need a crutch like that, jmho.  In our part of the world, the biggest users are gang bangers, they also fight and kill one another. I'd like to say shame, but you play, you pay. I think Dorinda is more likely to pop a zanax than do coke.

Edited by Hello Lady
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

LOTS of people go to college, and not everyone is book smart. I'm not saying she's dumb, but there's a lot of space between "college grad" and "scholar." It would be interesting to see her GPA. I'm assuming it was low or she would have gone to graduate school. Teresa Guidice has a college degree-- from Berkeley at that. Just saying. I don't see Bethanny or Teresa hankering down and spending a day learning something through study. 

Tinsley does seem educated and very together. So did Aviva and to an extent Heather. Bethanny just comes off as hustling to me, and she couldn't even stand her own to Omarosa, the biggest fake ever. (Sorry, I looked through some videos of Bethanny's old talk show and Omarosa just annihilated her with about 10% effort, as Bethanny struggled to defend herself). 

First off, Teresa Guidice went to Berkeley College which is not a great college.  It is not even ranked and has a 94% acceptance rate.  Basically, if you can pay the bill and sign your name, you get in.  She also majored in fashion marketing which is not known as being a rigorous major. 

By definition, someone that has a college degree would be considered a scholar.  I think you are putting a false equivalency though by conflating intelligence with being a scholar.  You can be intelligent and not necessarily be a scholar. 

• Love 14

Any chance Bethenney could stfu? Her position as co-host, judge and jury is just such a turn off. Enough already!

I dozed off here and there, can anyone tell me if Carole burning the doorstops in the non working fireplace in the Berkshires was ever mentioned? If not, it's hypocritical to rake Ramona and Sonja over the proverbial coals.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I can't figure out what she's had done now, but she definitely looks different. It kind of bums me out.

I wonder if the most recent procedure is a subtle nose tweak -- the tip looks softer/ less beakish.

Oh, Luann: you broke it, you buy it. No returns on this one.  Own it and get it over with. Go listen to some eighties break up music - start (and end) with Human League's  "Don't You Want Me". Suck down that shitty SkinnyGirl  -- crow, baby, crow -- then put on that damn Flashdance t-shirt you've been saving for a special occasion and sing along  ("I was working as a countess on a tv show, that much is true! But even then I knew I'd find a much better tale, either with or without you!"). Have a good vomit-cry over the penthouse -- your dreams of being Mrs Bigshot dead and done  (you ain't no Lovey Howell)  -- fall on the floor a few times and and then move on. (P.S. Hangover pro tip:  grab a statement necklace and give yourself a cellulite massage with it morning after.) And even though I don't exactly love you Countess -- you're not my Scarecrow  - more like a lesser Flying Monkey (half-heartedly chasing Dorothy because it's the Depression and you needed a penthouse) I still can't wait to see you next season, when you're all "Tom? Who's Tom? Oh, wait-- you MUST mean Tom Ford! We had dinner last week! In Palm Beach!"

Frankel: for all her rapidly changing face, her lack of self awareness remains the same. Most woman closing in on fifty (especially those who love displaying their own bolt-on breasts at the drop of a sombrero) would think twice before mocking/age shaming another woman for being "sixty" with "your tits hanging out". Not Frankel, bless her heart. And I don't know who convinced Ramona to keep her voice unscreeched and her eyes unsprung and in their sockets, no matter where the conversation went (a media coach? Valium patch? Is David Miscavige her new gentleman caller? PUT DOWN THE CANS! -- No, the OTHER cans) but thank you, whoever you are. Even though it's a fucked up day in Housewife Land when bat shit crazy Ramona Singer seems like the poised one in an ugly confrontation (what fresh hell is this? The birth of Ramonotone's journey into personal growth?) still, it's all good -- thanks!

Sonja: Dressing like you're a Russian hooker who hopes an oligarch will give her a seaside dacha if she lets him come on her tits (as all the other hookers pee on you-know-who upstairs) is not what you'd call an easy look to pull off.  In fact, I doubt anybody but Michelle Pfeiffer in her prime -- or Iman, any time --could pull it off.  All to say, might be time to rework your style. Think like a designer: who's your girl, Sonja? (Don't say a woman who flashes her vag like a crossing guard waving a stop sign in a school zone.)

Carole & Tins: Oh -- were you there?

4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Ha! Snark on, lady ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

Bethenny is a better host than Andy.  She should basically take over all the reunions.  She'll ask any question, dish out any follow up and say what's on the majority of the viewers' minds.  

She definitely keeps the reunion shows going, that's for sure. And with this group, you definitely need someone like that.

Her talk show wasn't that great, but it wasn't that horrible either. It was just there.

As far as Luanne, she defended her husband, which is the right thing to do. When people talk shit about their significant others it's so uncomfortable and horrible. She loved him and defended him.

She loved the idea of Tom more than Tom himself, I always felt. He is in the same social circles as she is, seems to be financially well off, he lives on the UES, he has a home in Pum Beach...well, the Pum Beach area, at any rate. He certainly ticked what she is looking for on her checklist.

Her saying he "picked her" makes it seem like she was at a job interview or an audition.

Dorinda has fabulous arms. All that arm waving and elaborate hand gestures and not a sign of arm flap or jiggle. 

She also used to teach some type of aerobics/jazzercise class. That also helps explain the arms, besides the drunken maestro movements ;)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 11

I believe Ramona's daughter graduated from the Univ. of Michigan

University of Virginia, actually.

LOTS of people go to college, and not everyone is book smart. I'm not saying she's dumb, but there's a lot of space between "college grad" and "scholar." It would be interesting to see her GPA. I'm assuming it was low or she would have gone to graduate school.

Actually, I'm assuming to get into a school like NYU, you have to have some sort of academic aptitude.

Plus, lots of people with good GPAs don't go to grad school, especially if their careers don't need it. Nothing to do with a person's GPA.

She said he was a 50 year old man and she could hardly change him at that point. She knew, she said she knew, and yet she still did the deed. Perplexing indeed. 

Which makes it all the more sad and pathetic.

I have friends' in that age range, older as well.None of us do drugs, we do yoga, yup boring yoga. We like a nice glass of wine, but no way would any of us do drugs at our age

You'd be surprised at what some people could be hiding from their friends...not saying they are or they aren't, but you never know what some people might do, in the privacy of their own homes, away from prying eyes.

And assuming only gang bangers, in any part of the world, are the only people who do drugs is why the drug trade has grown and flourished right under people's noses.

By definition, someone that has a college degree would be considered a scholar.  I think you are putting a false equivalency though by conflating intelligence with being a scholar.  You can be intelligent and not necessarily be a scholar. 

Exactly. There are so many factors that are a part of college applications, even when applying to some of the top colleges. Memorizing a thesaurus is just one of them.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I have friends' in that age range, older as well.None of us do drugs, we do yoga, yup boring yoga. We like a nice glass of wine, but no way would any of us do drugs at our age. Something is missing in ones life if you need a crutch like that, jmho.  In our part of the world, the biggest users are gang bangers, they also fight and kill one another. I'd like to say shame, but you play, you pay. I think Dorinda is more likely to pop a zanax than do coke.

Baby Boomers Drug Use

Despite this data, drug use is not only popular among adolescents and youth. The baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, are now reaching their 50s and 60s, and drug use among Americans in this age group is on the rise. This is partially due to the baby boomers’ historically higher rates of illicit drug use compared to those of previous cohorts. In 2010, cocaine abuse among this demographic nearly quadrupled as it rose from 2.9 to 11.4 percent, while heroin abuse grew from 7.2 to 16 percent, more than doubling. Prescription drug abuse among older Americans has increased from 0.7 to 3.5 percent. However, marijuana use remains most popular among this group, perhaps for its hallucinogenic effects.

There you go!  Maybe it is your location.  Could be they aren't letting you know they are doing it too.  How is wine different from weed?  What part of the world are you from?  Gang bangers?  Coke and Xanax go good together.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Baby Boomers Drug Use

Despite this data, drug use is not only popular among adolescents and youth. The baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, are now reaching their 50s and 60s, and drug use among Americans in this age group is on the rise. This is partially due to the baby boomers’ historically higher rates of illicit drug use compared to those of previous cohorts. In 2010, cocaine abuse among this demographic nearly quadrupled as it rose from 2.9 to 11.4 percent, while heroin abuse grew from 7.2 to 16 percent, more than doubling. Prescription drug abuse among older Americans has increased from 0.7 to 3.5 percent. However, marijuana use remains most popular among this group, perhaps for its hallucinogenic effects.

There you go!  Maybe it is your location.  Could be they aren't letting you know they are doing it too.  How is wine different from weed?  What part of the world are you from?  Gang bangers?  Coke and Xanax go good together.

Someone  a little younger than Ramona died of an heroine overdose in my neighborhood. Both him and his wife were found by their teenage son coming from his job. Thankfully, the woman survived. Yes, it is a regular neighborhood on Long Island and no gang bangers and plenty of yoga and wine drinkers, as well.

I am close to her age and most of us did coke in the late 80's and 90's and latter some moved on to crack, a mess!

The way Dorinda slurs, make me think that she uses benzo and alcohol together.

But yes, in New York in both Fashion and Wall Street, coke is still flowing..

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I am close to her age and most of us did coke in the late 80's and 90's and latter some moved on to crack, a mess!

When crack was popular I remember saying, "I don't need to like anything else".

When our son went off to college my guy locked the front door, closed the drapes and asked, "Shall we spark it up?"

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

For being a somewhat subdued reunion.....I find myself having tons to say.  Why that is, I have no idea.  This is like my 5th post or something.  Anyway...

I recall reading something Bill Murray once said.  He said he gives all new Hollywood starlets a year or two to be an ass because the adjustment to fame and fortune is so extreme.  I'm surprised to hear myself say it, but that's Betheny for me.  I loved her in the beginning and hated her when the Skinny Girl thing took off.  She was horrible for more years than Bill Murray would have allowed.  

However, it appears she's settled down a bit.  I found her to be really likeable this season.  Each year she seems to get better.   She was humble and nice.  Age, a tough divorce, etc, may have brought her down a notch (thank goodness).  

This was about Tinsley.  I actually like Tinsley's style.  It's more "her" than it is her trying to be young if that makes sense.  She's got a few more years with flower dresses and long blond hair before it all has to go.  Not a ton of years, but a few.

Then again, I did get married in a Jessica McClintock!

Agree with all the rest of this.  

Bethenny graduated from NYU.  She studied communications and psychology.  She's no dummy; none of them are.  

Tinsley graduated from Columbia and I believe Ramona's daughter graduated from the Univ. of Michigan.....none of the women on these shows are dummies.  I believe on Survivor, they make everyone take IQ tests.  I'm guessing they do the same on most reality shows - if for no other reason than to ensure all are on an even playing field.    

B went to NYU? Studied Com arts? That is news. 

That is what wiki says as well. wonder which years? That is really surprising. 

I thought that Ramona went to FIT?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

When crack was popular I remember saying, "I don't need to like anything else".

When our son went off to college my guy locked the front door, closed the drapes and asked, "Shall we spark it up?"

Lol.

Crack is cheap.. Pretty much like the new heroine nowadays.

I can't believe how many people are using. It is cray. 

I hate when the people are outed on the show, especially by Beth,fucking hypocrite.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I hate when the people are outed on the show, especially by Beth,fucking hypocrite.

What happens in the basement, stays in the basement!  That 70s show was so true.

You narc and you're out!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I can't figure out what she's had done now, but she definitely looks different. It kind of bums me out.

7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

She had her jowls shaved and rounded so they don't jutt out and tons of fillers to make her face more full. When she laughs she looks like a witch. She looks best with no expression, or a posed one with a closed mouth smile. 

She had botox on her masseter muscles. If you Google the procedure, it does exactly what a much more invasive procedure would do, but cheaper and less invasive. It's a fantastic use of botox. The before and after images look exactly like the change in Bethenny.

• Love 8

I feel like I am missing a piece of the Luann puzzle.  I picked up on the clues of her open marriage with the Count years before they went their separate ways.  Now when she was confronted by Bethenny last year (in Florida?), the thing that Lu was upset about was not that her new fiance was hitting on a woman.  It was that he was hitting on a woman at one of "their" spots.  He did it openly in a club that he and Lu visit regularly.  She mentioned it a few times and it seemed that the embarrassment of him doing it around her friends is what she was upset about.

Was his talking wistfully about Missy the thing that blew up the marriage?  Is there something more that I am missing?  If you've signed up with a known cheater, someone who never for one minute stopped his usual behavior, what happened to call a halt to the "marriage"?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

This was about Tinsley.  I actually like Tinsley's style.  It's more "her" than it is her trying to be young if that makes sense.  She's got a few more years with flower dresses and long blond hair before it all has to go.  Not a ton of years, but a few.

I like her too.  I hope that she'll continue to be herself on the show and not let some of these women get to her.  I like that she sets herself apart by wearing some of the more colorful and flowery clothes.  It's better than some of the form-fitting, boobs-hanging-out clothes some of them wear (not that there's anything wrong with that!)  Sometimes a little modesty is nice though, and it shows her personality. 

Also, Carole seems to be a good friend to her.  As much as I disliked some of the things Carole said this past season, I do admire her for not turning into a lush at every dinner or vacation with this group.  She knows when to step away from the booze, and I respect that.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

She had her jowls shaved and rounded so they don't jutt out and tons of fillers to make her face more full. When she laughs she looks like a witch. She looks best with no expression, or a posed one with a closed mouth smile. 

I knew about the jowls and her eyes are totally different from when we first met her. and her teeth, I think she must have had caps put on or something, making her mouth look different. i just miss the original look. i think it matched her personality better.

32 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Gang bangers? Oh lordy. What part of the world are you in? I'm in the midwest, and drugs are all over the place. Not done only by people who have nothing better to do, but by people who have all kinds of great things to do and the money to do them, but still want to get high. Or find themselves being led down a path they never considered due to a dosage of something that came with a prescription from a doctor. I mean seriously, this is all over the news right now and it is no fucking joke. 

People keep a lot of behavior on the down low when they are around folks they don't think would approve. A lot of behavior. 

Drugs are everywhere. I just know people that choose not to do them. But this is about the show, and nobody knows for sure that they do drugs, people assume. So. I choose to assume they don't do them :)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think part of the reason people were upset that she got away with not answering questions about Mario is that Ramona led the charge to divulge information on Luann's marriage to the count and she's the one that I think spilled the beans about rumours of an open marriage and stuff. Ramona showed no consideration for the marital situation of Luann (even knowing there were young children involved while she blabbed all of this on TV) and she took every opportunity to talk about her successful marriage and sexy husband and in the end she was left with egg on her face. It's a bad trait when you can only show considerations for someone else's circumstances after you've experienced similar trauma yourself. Ramona is completely selfish and that's why she runs with the 'my intent is never to hurt anyone' because she thinks of herself first and consequences later.

As for the actual reunion, I thought Bethenny and Carole looked great. I loved Carole's dress and hairstyle (though I think I would have preferred just the brown and not the blonde tips. I don't usually like Carole's looks at the reunions so this one was a surprise and I'll give kudos where I think it's due. Bethenny has been looking better and better since her return but I'd be surprised if that wasn't with the help of surgery/botox/etc.

I feel bad for Luann but she put herself in that mess. Knowing what we know now, her friend's concerns to Carole were totally substantiated because that's exactly how everything turned out. If Luann were in it purely for the lifestyle then she wouldn't have divorced him. I think Luann is in love with the idea of being married. She found a guy that she was attracted to and had similar interests with and she ignored all the red flags. She would have rather walk down the aisle despite her concerns and hope that she's wrong than to walk away and then have to start from scratch all over again. You could tell she was trying to answer questions without stepping on landmines and revealing too much but there were moments (like admitting she stayed in a hotel the night before).

Also, I'm glad Dorinda's 'clip' got some discussion time. She's an embarrassing drunk but man she is entertaining when she is, lol.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I don't know.  I am 55 and Dorinda is 52.  Our age group is one of the biggest users of coke excepting for those in their 70s.  Growing up in the 70s, being in college in the 80s and having money in the 90s all add up to the drug generation.  I have lost 2 friends in the past year to drug overdoses.  One was 53 and one was 59.  It is still prevalent at parties - weed, coke, and vicodin.  I recognize the beyond-slur of words that comes with alcohol and drugs.

Not saying Dorinda is doing it but it is absolutely not out of the realm.  I like Dorinda (slinks away).

I don't think Dorinda is a long time user, as in she partied throughout her 20's till now. She may have tried it in her 20's but she did not get caught up in that world. I think she started when John gave her a bump or a little pep in her step when she was so depressed when Richard passed. It numbed her, it made her yappy and happy, she became an energizer bunny and the alcohol was used to counterbalance getting too high/edgy. Now she is out of control.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Bethenny is a better host than Andy.  She should basically take over all the reunions.  She'll ask any question, dish out any follow up and say what's on the majority of the viewers' minds.  

Gotta disagree with this one.  Andy has managed to keep his gig going for over a decade now.  Whereas Bethenny's horrific talk show was canceled after one season.  She was a truly abominable host.

19 hours ago, BBHN said:

Lord knows Andy won't. And having one HW dominate things means you avoid situations like this, as epic and and funny as it is to watch:

Ahhh simpler times.... when most of America only knew DT as the host of Celebrity Apprentice!

Nene's huuuuge earrings in her TH during that clip!??  I can't.  

• Love 4

I can see Lu next season and "why didn't you stop me and this sham of a wedding"? But maybe that's just me since my mother did that, ha.

She thought she could just control the narrative and since she was so wrong, it blew up in her face. Lu that is, but yes Mom as well. Oh god, Lu is my mother!

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2017 at 2:32 PM, LIMOM said:

Tinsley in Mexico said that she did not have a great belly for bikini(paraphrasing here).

Not that you'd necessarily know it from watching these shows, but there ARE bathing suits in the world that are not bikinis.  I think it would be refreshing to see the youngster choose a classy maillot.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
"if" isn't "it" but it sure looks like it in this font
  • Love 10

Part 1 seemed a little lackluster to me.  

Always nice to see Ramona called out but, really, what's the point.  She just yes-es everyone to death, learns nothing and goes back to being her horrible self.  She reminded me of Jabba the Hut sitting there all all swollen, puffy and ugly.  She did make me laugh though when she acted like the star pupil filling in the blank when Bethany was trying to be cute and coin a new phrase.  When Bethany told Andy to "show some" and Romana barked "respect" (like she was playing Password or something) cracked me up.

Bethany's little rant about Moaner ignoring her Assistant seemed to bring Bethany back to a Ramona pet peeve of hers.  Reminded me of when they were at a party and Bethany suggested to Ramona that she hook up with the hot bartender and Moaner sneered that she'd never go out with a bartender.  Bethany has a 20TB hard drive full of grievances and perceived slights, she forgets nothing. She really needs to sit back and shut up.  And pick a side already - one minute she's calling Ramona an "animal" and the next she is full of faux sympathy.

Dorinda is not a favorite of mine but I appreciated she tried to have a "teachable moment" with Sleazy Sonja by not just insisting on an apology re the pajamas, but by schooling her in manners:  in the future, when a guest in someone's home, maybe don't go through their things.

Yes, there were some fun moments in this season but there really just wasn't anything here except the Lu/Tom storyline (again!) so I'm not sure how they'll fill the next two episodes.  Maybe Bethany has another totally genuine and impromptu phone call scheduled.

Beth couldn't even get Andy to bite with her contrived Ramona styled line about 'no one here not being in a relationship'.  Glad he didn't take the bait and we didn't have to hear her dissemble about another fake relationship while bullying everyone to be "honest".

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Marijuana is hallucinogenic?... Then what have I been smoking?

I don't agree with the statement it was a snippet of a drug watch agency.

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Gang bangers? Oh lordy. What part of the world are you in? I'm in the midwest, and drugs are all over the place. Not done only by people who have nothing better to do, but by people who have all kinds of great things to do and the money to do them, but still want to get high. Or find themselves being led down a path they never considered due to a dosage of something that came with a prescription from a doctor. I mean seriously, this is all over the news right now and it is no fucking joke. 

People keep a lot of behavior on the down low when they are around folks they don't think would approve. A lot of behavior. 

@motorcitymom65 I think we are from the same area.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Teresa Guidice has a college degree-- from Berkeley at that. Just saying. I don't see Bethanny or Teresa hankering down and spending a day learning something through study. 

Berkeley in NJ/NY is not a real college--at least it wasn't in the '90s when Teresa would have went. It was a chain school that had commercials that were on all of the time--advertising GED and high school grads come and take an 8-month program in whatever or get an associates degree. Real colleges don't need commercials, lol. It's actually been a long time since I've seen commercials, so maybe it's become a real college since then, but it's no UC  Berkeley, that's for sure!!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Berkeley in NJ/NY is not a real college--at least it wasn't in the '90s when Teresa would have went. It was a chain school that had commercials that were on all of the time--advertising GED and high school grads come and take an 8-month program in whatever or get an associates degree. Real colleges don't need commercials, lol. It's actually been a long time since I've seen commercials, so maybe it's become a real college since then, but it's no UC  Berkeley, that's for sure!!

I thought it was UC Berkeley. My bad. Never mind!

• Love 3

Yes, there were some fun moments in this season but there really just wasn't anything here except the Lu/Tom storyline (again!) so I'm not sure how they'll fill the next two episodes

There was a ton of great stuff besides the Luann/Tom trainwreck. All of Mexico, Dorinda and Sonja's mini-fued, CLIP! to name a few.

• Love 2

Wait, so did nobody catch Sonja's Rocco comments?  She said that Rocco had been around forever and she was going to end up marrying him. But remember when they were reintroduced at the party and she said she was all flattered because she never thought Rocco would be interested in her.  So, which is it?

8 hours ago, Audpaud said:

Any chance Bethenney could stfu? Her position as co-host, judge and jury is just such a turn off. Enough already!

I dozed off here and there, can anyone tell me if Carole burning the doorstops in the non working fireplace in the Berkshires was ever mentioned? If not, it's hypocritical to rake Ramona and Sonja over the proverbial coals.

The difference could be that maybe Carole apologized to Dorinda. Dorinda clearly stated in the reunion that it wasn't necessarily the damage done to her home but the lack of any real apology or ownership of the damage. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

When Bethany told Andy to "show some" and Romana barked "respect" (like she was playing Password or something) cracked me up.

This reminds me of a Thanksgiving dinner at my son's in-laws (when he had in-laws).  I memorized a funny Thanksgiving poem when I was in sixth grade and it's "tradition" that I recite it wherever we eat on Thanksgiving.   "In sixteen hundred and something-or-other, the Pilgrims landed at...I forget.   The Indians treated them just like brothers and they fought like brothers whenever they met," and it goes on for several lines.  I started out with the first, "In sixteen hundred and something-or-other," and my son's brother-in-law (a guy in his 40s) interrupted me loudly, "SIXTEEN TWENTY!"    There's always someone to step on our lines.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I just noticed the disclaimer at the front of the reunion episode,  "This was filmed three weeks before the divorce announcement..." OMG, CLIP!

I loved Dorinda's dress. She looked very gangsta. 

Ramona has gained some weight and she has a stocky body and is top heavy. Her dress emphasized her top half which made her look heavy and bloated. I don't really know what looks good at 60, but she looks like she takes care of herself. That said, she has never been a great beauty. The only real "beauty" is Luanne. Everyone else does the best they can with what they got. 

Dorinda looked like a character from the Little Mermaid. Like, if it went to Broadway, she would be cast looking just like that.

Tinsley, the little charms hanging on her dress and sleeves was definitely.... a new look. Her designer must be 80, or her mom. My mom would say Tinsley's dress was "darling." She's 80.

I did a plunging neckline once (Halloween costume). I got A LOT of attention. I'm assuming it's an easy way for Ramona and Sonja to get attention. 

Ramona's quote, "What you said was very introspective, if that's the right word."

Carole, rudely to Bethanny, "Probably NOT."

Bethanny scoffs-- "No, prophetic."

Actually dumb bitch, introspective is a much better word in that context than prophetic. Prophetic is like fortune telling or telling the future. Introspective is looking into the reasons for why you do what you do. Introspective is a MUCH BETTER word for what Dorinda was talking about which was 100% introspection.

Bethanny is such a dumb fake, I just hate her so passionately. Isn't Carole a writer? She can't think of the right word or know that introspective works fine? Plus, if she's so smart, why is she making her money on a reality show? Why doesn't she spend her time doing "smart things?" Oh, cuz she's dumb too. 

As far as Luanne, she defended her husband, which is the right thing to do. When people talk shit about their significant others it's so uncomfortable and horrible. She loved him and defended him. It ended up not working out but she was always on his side, which, IMO is what your significant other should do. I've been super wrong a million times, but my husband is there for me. If he started listening to what other people said, we'd be in huge trouble. He's dedicated to me, and he knows I make mistakes. In any case, I think it's totally normal for Luanne to protect her husband and try to get others to see him in a good light. 

I don't know.  I think Lu's doing the best with what she got.  

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=u8t5&s=8#.WZY2ooWcHVI

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She found a guy that she was attracted to and had similar interests

...for a minute.   I'm not sure how long-lasting the similar interests would be:  A "penthouse"?  Palm Beach?  The yacht (someone else's)?  Appearing wealthy?  The Regency?

• Love 5

What was with Luann's lie about she and The Count were separated?

She went back to the ole The Count and I did not have an open marriage route.

She said in the Berkeshires, they had an open marriage.

She said on the boat trip, she didn't want an open marriage but it was one the last few years.

She has said in numerous interviews how blindsided she was when the Count dumped her via email/text. How she begged him and he left her to tell the children before they saw him and the Ethiopian Princess playing house.

Luann is folds easily under scrutiny

• Love 13

I honestly like the way Tinsley dresses. It's not my style, but it's fun and different. I feel like she dresses like a real life Barbie. I loved Dorinda's dress and though it was odd Luann wore her rehearsal dress, I really like it. It looks perfect for a beach wedding.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Andy looks like he has on almost as much make-up as Ramona.

I never really notice make up on guys who do TV except maybe one and that Rob Lowe appearing on Fox New Cable periodically! IDK what's going on; trying hold onto his youthful appearance or trying to cover up something, but it's layer on and looks horrible! This doesn't show the ghastly make up job, he is on FNC here with Bill O'Reilly! Anybody else seen him a couple times on that network? - 2013-11-10-NBC-MTP-PP-Lowe.JPG