Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/31/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Screw Whoopi for making fun of Sara's lit picks.

Whoopie is just a bitch.   I know that I used that word too liberally and I might get in trouble with the mods, but, I don't know what other word to use to describe how much she pisses me off  and how she derails the conversation with her nonsense. I don't like how she treats Sunny.  Sunny does not let her get to her. It reminds me of how Aisha Tyler treats Sharon Osbourne on the talk.  Sharon hates her and is threatened by a woman like her.   Her contempt for Aisha is palpable.  To say something good, about Whoopie ,  I did like how she handled Jed with the affirmative action discussion. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, OhioSongbird said:

Jed is what I call a contrary.  No matter what the subject she always takes an opposing view even if she sounds really inconsistent in her beliefs.

Whoopi does this too.  She was driving me nuts with her know it all attitude today.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

I hate the idea of guns in all of these public places. I am with Joy and Sarah on this. If everyone starts shooting and the police come, how do you know who is the bad guy. Guns don't need to be everywhere.

Jedi was smart for once during that affirmative action debate. She wisely didn't say something I am sure would have been stupid.

• Love 7

I hate the idea of guns in all of these public places. I am with Joy and Sarah on this. If everyone starts shooting and the police come, how do you know who is the bad guy. Guns don't need to be everywhere

I am in Idaho where it is now legal to carry on campus. On the first day of school after this law went into effect, a professor shot himself in the foot whilst teaching a class. This is why I go to school online.

You are right about the Jedi. I could see what she was thinking though and it had nothing to do with the reality that it is white women like her who have profited the most from affirmative action. The other day, I ran across that clip of Megan Kelly on Fox "news" declaring that Santa Clause is white. Jedi is in the row of talking heads from that segment. I wonder if that is where she gained her fame in order to be on The View. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
ETA-I had never heard of her before she joined The View.
  • Love 9

Yeah, seriously who was she before she got on the View...I don't watch Fox. Guys, help me on this...oh yeah, let's see, teacher, chemist, sex expert, famous author, actress, fashion, hair and makeup maven, shrink, an all around good time gal to Fox executives? Anybody else have any of her many titles and important jobs before the ripe old age of 30, cause remember, she is a "conservative girl"?

• Love 7

Sarah is a saving grace during some discussions. Remember when she was accused of being an "airhead?"

Also I do wonder why weve heard nothing about Whoopi and her correct. This seems to be the last week of live shows before summer vacation so maybe she just.. won't come back? 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Sarah is a saving grace during some discussions. Remember when she was accused of being an "airhead?"

Also I do wonder why weve heard nothing about Whoopi and her correct. This seems to be the last week of live shows before summer vacation so maybe she just.. won't come back? 

From your fingers to God's ears!!!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I can't see her leaving w/o saying anything. 

5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Screw Whoopi for making fun of Sara's lit picks.

I don't think she was making fun of her picks.  I think Whoopi did that to add a spark of excitement to the segment.  She did the same thing with Sunny. 

• Love 1

As much as I can't stand Jedi and sometimes Whoopi, I think the stability of having the same 5 co-hosts every day is good for the show.  That said, if Whoopi renewed her contract, I hope the network didn't give in to any higher demands from her. 

• Love 3

I think we would have heard something by now if she were leaving.  Shouldn't they be going on their break pretty soon?  Isn't it usually just about the whole month of August?  Anyway, on their last day before break if Whoopi suddenly announces it's her last show, I'll be very surprised.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, buffynut said:

As much as I can't stand Jedi and sometimes Whoopi, I think the stability of having the same 5 co-hosts every day is good for the show.

Agree!  I'm really liking the show this season with these 5.  Whoopie is the weak link, however.  I don't really mind her that much though.  I'm surprised how much I like Sara - she seems very sensible & does her research.  Jed doesn't really bother me, but I can usually predict her comments.

17 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am in Idaho where it is now legal to carry on campus. On the first day of school after this law went into effect, a professor shot himself in the foot whilst teaching a class. This is why I go to school online.

Oh good lord how scary is this?

• Love 5

"A lot of people say..." from Miss Overly Polite. 

I'm so glad they finally got a clue that the loud applause was upsetting the dogs.  Think, people!

Shoot, I'm going to miss Maxine. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4

For all her quirks, and Lord know I have my own, I hope Whoopi stays.  I like this group of 5.  I think theyve jelled nicely together.  You know, talking of Raven the other day, I was trying to remember who sat next to her, pre-Jed.  Its bugging the heck out of me, anyone remember?

• Love 1

JediBreitbart has a "friend" for every "hot topic".  She really thinks more guns on a school campus is a good thing? I hope that school isn't the next one we hear about in the news. 

Say what you will about Raven, and I certainly have, she is a good comedic actor and her new show is funny. I don't want to hear her opinions as much as she doesn't want to hear criticism for them.

Michael Moore is a smug dudebro who just likes to shout out things that contrary just so he can say he was "right" He did predict a President Romney. Sit down.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Michael Moore is a bit of a buffoon but I find him interesting.

He can be off puttingly dogmatic (and I say that as someone firmly on his political side). I think the buffoonish perception is partly because of his disheveled, slackerly appearance, which undercuts his message.

My advice: cut and comb the hair, shave, buy a good suit, and stop with the ball caps already.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm so glad they finally got a clue that the loud applause was upsetting the dogs.  Think, people!

Yeah, how difficult would it be to tell the audience to be quiet?  Screaming audiences are a pet peeve of mine anyway.

• Love 10
Just now, useryikes said:

Yeah, how difficult would it be to tell the audience to be quiet?  Screaming audiences are a pet peeve of mine anyway.

We've been complaining about this for years!!!  You'd think they'd "get it" by now!!!  Idiots!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

You know, talking of Raven the other day, I was trying to remember who sat next to her, pre-Jed.  Its bugging the heck out of me, anyone remember?

She sat next to Paula for a while.  Maybe that's who you remember.  They've switched chairs so much back then. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, May Jacks said:

JediBreitbart has a "friend" for every "hot topic".  She really thinks more guns on a school campus is a good thing? I hope that school isn't the next one we hear about in the news. 

As a parent with a son who was on campus during a school shooting (Northern Illinois University)  I cannot believe that anyone thinks this is a good idea.  

Sure, if ONE person, other than the shooter,  at that incident had a gun, s/he could have taken down the shooter.   But if a dozen or more people in a lecture hall had guns, think of the chaos.   

elementary and high schools?  No, every fight, every time a student has a meltdown, there is the possibility that it turns into a shooting.  Trained police officers don't always assess situations accurately, how are all school personnel supposed to know when to de-escalate a situation, and when to resort to pulling a gun? 

In other news, I see Whoopi came to work in a bathrobe today. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

MachineGunMouth Jedidiah actually described herself as "overly polite" and says she's annoyed by people "going on and on"? That's someone who has no self-awareness.

When she gets into auctioneer mode and doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise until she runs out of breath, someone needs to remind her of this.

• Love 19

I'm not Michael Moore's biggest fan, but I usually enjoy interviews of him. I think he makes decent points anyway. I had to laugh when he brought up the possibility of Oprah running for president, and Jedilyingliarwholies started shaking her head like a mule again and repeating the Republican script about how the average person feels celebs are out of touch only for Whoopi to gently remind her that the man Jedi defends everyday on this show is a reality trash celebrity. Even I'm surprised she could be that stupid.

• Love 19

For me Michael Moore is an example of like the message, don't like the messenger.  As much as I agree with him politically he just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't necessarily think people don't like celeb politicians per say.  I think it's people don't like celeb politicians who are completely unqualified.  I personally think Oprah would be a fine president.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

We've been complaining about this for years!!!  You'd think they'd "get it" by now!!!  Idiots!!

It goes for other talk shows, too.  The idiots in the audience think they're impressing the hosts.   I keep saying, "Shut up-they're not going to invite you for tea", but nobody listens.

2 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I personally think Oprah would be a fine president.

Aaaaghhh!  Don't even think it!!  LOL

• Love 4
On 8/2/2017 at 6:40 PM, geekburger said:

I was just saying to myself that I have been enjoying Sarah on a daily basis.  I usually agree with her point of view now.  Her son crawling backward was too cute.

6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

MachineGunMouth Jedidiah actually described herself as "overly polite" and says she's annoyed by people "going on and on"? That's someone who has no self-awareness.

When she gets into auctioneer mode and doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise until she runs out of breath, someone needs to remind her of this.

That's it!  Perfect!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Y'know, although I do admit that Jed can be a loudmouth when arguing her political points, I do think she shies away from confrontation when the other ladies attack her personally. "Attack" is a strong word, what I mean is that Whoopi and Joy are unfriendly/unprofessional towards her at times. (A recent example being when Whoopi flat out told her she was not going to watch her Lifetime special. Joy with her inappropriate sex questions.) When this happens Jed does not defends herself like I would expect her to since she's so vocal during political debates. She just laughs, looks down, drinks her coffee. Last season, Paula was in her position and the target for Whoopi's and Joy's condescension. Paula would fight back slyly. She would smile sweetly at Whoopi and stare her down. To get back at Joy she would say "I love you too, Joy" with snark oozing out with each word. Jed just takes it. Thats what I think she means when she says she's too polite. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Today Miss Jedi announced she is a Conservative! - -guess she forgot she is supposed to be  libertarian!

To be fair, the two are not mutually exclusive.  Libertarian is a party and conservative is more a belief.  I have friends who identify as "liberal Republicans" or "moderate Democrats," etc.  Conservative, liberal, and moderate are often used to describe the general beliefs whereas Libertarian, Republican, and Democrat is the party affiliation.  

1 minute ago, buffynut said:

I see the next date for tickets on ABC.com is Tue Sept 5.  Did they say anything about going on vacation? 

I thought Joy was going to tell us they were off for the rest of August, but she didn't, so ...

16 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought Joy was going to tell us they were off for the rest of August, but she didn't, so ...

Even my on screen display via Directv won't say whether Monday is a rerun or not. 

Jedediah's criticisms of the media are so disingenuous.  Little Miss Butter Won't Melt in Her Mouth thinks that Newsweek should be reporting on Trump in exactly the same way they reported on Obama.  That's not how journalism works.

• Love 10

Maxine "Absolutely Not" Waters was on fire. What a great interview by the ladies and the gospel singer really surprised her. Nice touch by the producers.

They are on vacation even though Joy didn't announce it at the end. Paula and Sara had a behind the scenes video and Joy mentioned it. 

6 minutes ago, pinkle6 said:

Her interview with Wendy Williams was just a ploy. Damn it!

• Love 7

As a reminder, politics should be limited to what were discussed on the show.  Also, any moderator actions that you are questioning can be directed to myself and @17wheatthins via private message. They are not to be discussed in the threads.

4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Could it be that they're going to have a week of boring pretaped shows, trying to fool us, and THEN announce they're on break?

I do not know if I have enough words to say how much I adore Congresswoman Waters! She did not give an inch with Jed or Paula! I just adore Auntie Maxine! She always came back in a calm, but forceful way. No equivocation. I loved how she stood up for what the Democrats are about, with no apology. And was clear on what we needed to do. This was the best time I had watching the View in ages!

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 16

Oh me too, I adore Congresswoman Waters....she took nothing off motor mouth Jedi or Pissy Paula, just TOOK THEM DOWN.  She is so wonderful. That was a good show today because of HER and of course Joy being the host!  I want Joy every day! She really had some good zingers. 

• Love 14

I haven't watched in a long time, but read here every day.  And I gave it a try today hoping Joy would moderate and wanted to see Maxine Waters both of whom did not disappoint!!!!  Great show...

• Love 6