Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/31/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:
Colin Jost and Michael Che ("Saturday Night Live-Weekend Update"); "View Your Deal" Oprah Edition with Adam Glassman. 

Tuesday:

John Boyega ("Detroit"); former co-host of "The View," Raven-Symoné (Disney Channel's "Raven's Home"). 

Wednesday:

Nick Cannon ("King of the Dancehall") 

Thursday:

Michael Moore (Broadway's "The Terms of My Surrender") 

Friday:

The Political View with Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) 

• Love 2

Jedi lies like she breathes. For someone who supposedly didn't vote for Orange Idiot, she sure spends a lot of time hanging with folks that love him. She kills me. We shouldn't talk about the politician's families but last week, she was agreeing with Tara about Hilary being power hungry and that being the reason why she is with her husband.

• Love 15

I'm glad Joy pointed out to Jedilyingliarwholies that while Trump is doing all this shaking up, he's not getting anything done. I wish she'd asked Jedi how his administration cannibalizing themselves is "what his voters wanted," as she put it? Joy looked great today, btw.

21 hours ago, tribeca said:

Wonder if Jed will ask Maxine Waters why Hillary doesn't admit she was a bad candidate.  

I hope so. Then Maxine can obliterate the snake.

• Love 12

Jedi lies like she breathes. For someone who supposedly didn't vote for Orange Idiot, she sure spends a lot of time hanging with folks that love him. She kills me.

I think those folks are from the big book of conservative tropes that Elizabeth used back in the day!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Jedi lies like she breathes. For someone who supposedly didn't vote for Orange Idiot, she sure spends a lot of time hanging with folks that love him. She kills me. We shouldn't talk about the politician's families but last week, she was agreeing with Tara about Hilary being power hungry and that being the reason why she is with her husband.

Yeah, I burst out laughing when Jed was polishing her halo for not talking about political spouses.  I couldn't remember if she herself actually said anything about Bill and Hillary's marriage last Fri, but she sure as hell didn't say anything to stop Tara from making those remarks.

• Love 2

I always like it when Whoopie shuts Sunny down when she starts down the path of TMI regarding her kids.  This is one of the few times I don't mind Whoopie being the voice of experience. She knows how easy it is to go too far. in a teenager's eye(roll), when talking about them.  They get embarrassed so easily and it can cause a lot of problems between Sunny and her children.  It is nice to see Whoopie have her co-host's back.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Joy pointed out to Jedilyingliarwholies that while Trump is doing all this shaking up, he's not getting anything done. I wish she'd asked Jedi how his administration cannibalizing themselves is "what his voters wanted," as she put it? Joy looked great today, btw.

I hope so. Then Maxine can obliterate the snake.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire panel isn't at the table and only Joy, Sarah and Paula (Friday show) interview her. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looks like Joy was more on-point than she realized when she said the Mooch would join the rest of the fired soon enough.

Seven minutes into the show, she said, "Something tells me that Scaramucci will be on the junk heap with all the rest of the bodies that are under the bus via Donald Trump.... You'll see, watch." She's a witch!

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/30/2017 at 4:08 PM, Haleth said:

Actually, not a bad line up... except for Raven.

Now let me duck behind this couch..........................I watched Raven's show with my grandnieces and it was pretty good.  (runs away)

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looks like Joy was more on-point than she realized when she said the Mooch would join the rest of the fired soon enough.

I love Joy.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Reclaiming my time!

I have to remember this next time someone is wasting my time/pissing me off. 

We have a huge family day at a Metro Park with all the trimmings for a 2 year old only child.  I can just hear the chaos now.  While the rest of us are hanging around waiting for cake and talking there will be a lot of that phrase.  I, personally, will be the first on to yell it out at my sister when the first syllable comes out of her mouth.

39 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Poor Mario. He "coulda been a contender"

You guys are killing me too.  Loved the tweet by O'Donnell.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Mario did say something about jumping on this opportunity because he didn't know how long the guy would even be around, lol.

Yes he said when he was called and asked if he wanted to do him he replied  yeah I have to jump on it it , he may be gone by October.  Aw I hope  Mario doesn't go back back to bed depressed! 

The concert Whoopie went to sounded wonderful. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4

Wow - Jed talks to all her "friends"  who are trump supporters, so she can tell us what "they"  are thinking.  

Jed - OWN IT!  if you support trump, say so proudly, or shut the fuck up.   she's like hasselbeck  with the "a lot of people are saying....." 

Kind of reminds me of when trump's publicist, "John Miller" gave interviews, only it was really trump disguising his voice. 

• Love 22
On 7/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, tribeca said:

Wonder if Jed will ask Maxine Waters why Hillary doesn't admit she was a bad candidate.  

I bet they keep her in the back and she isnt even at the table

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Man, I thought Whoopi telling Sunny she was "showing off" when she told people "who done it" during a movie was so insulting.  Whoopi is so damn jealous of her she can't even veil her disdain anymore.  Blech!!

Whoopie is a bitch. Do we know for sure that she will not be back in September. Since life is not fair, she will stick around and torture us, for another season. 

• Love 7

I think Whoopi is safe. She's completely transparent; she would be showing her behind if she was leaving. And, I don't know, she doesn't bother me that much lately. That can change on a dime though.

I agreed with Sunny on how there are many other issues besides abortion to take a stand on if you're voting by your faith.  I noticed Jedilyingliarwholies was doing her usual cow-like headshaking while Sunny was saying that. Sara said it best that a government where religion decides the law leads to hellscapes nobody wants to live in, as seen elsewhere in the world. I wonder why does Jedi think she of all people should come out guns blazing on what Democrats should be doing/standing for when she clearly is not one of them??

I skipped the interviews. I have no interest in seeing Raven if I can avoid it.

11 hours ago, backformore said:

Wow - Jed talks to all her "friends"  who are trump supporters, so she can tell us what "they"  are thinking.  

Jed - OWN IT!  if you support trump, say so proudly, or shut the fuck up.  

She’s too much of a coward to really be herself. As soon as she gets blowback, she reverts to “I’m a Libertarian.”

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Was the other interview person someone I should know, or was he there just to prop up Whoopi's ego re: Sister Act 2? 

John Boyega.  He was promoting his current movie but I know him from Star Wars VII, where he was absolutely adorable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

John Boyega.  He was promoting his current movie but I know him from Star Wars VII, where he was absolutely adorable.

Very charming guy!  I definitely want too see Detroit.  He looks intense in that movie.  Then Jediknight after that to lighten the mood

• Love 4

Raven, wow girl, you are in.....the.......Zone!  was great to see you, wish it was for the whole hour. nice of you to hug the crew.  Just one complaint....slow down and take a breath!!   We'll wait :)  the hyper gets my anxiety going.  Other than that, she looked great!  So good to see her

• Love 2

Ok now for the drama da da DA!  Im not saying this to start anything, Im just curious if what I think I saw actually happened that way even.  I did just get new glasses and the jury is still out on them, but Im questioning everything I see.

Ok, scenario:  when Raven was hugging the crew, and then going to the table, did she totally bypass Jed not even looking at her, and went straight to Sara?

9 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

In the Detroit clip they showed, John Boyega reminded me of Denzel. Wish there hadn't been the Whoopi connection to exploit. To paraphrase, I'd like to "reclaim that time."

HAH!  DAM I LOVE THAT!  Excited caps intended. 'Reclaimed my time'.  I shall use this with honor from now to eternity.  She just created the best pundit clip of all time.  God Bless Maxine!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Ok, scenario:  when Raven was hugging the crew, and then going to the table, did she totally bypass Jed not even looking at her, and went straight to Sara?

That's what happened.  That came across to me as rude and disrespectful.  However, to be fair she didn't hug Sunny or Whoopi.  And Jed has stated that she is not the most social person so maybe that's why the hug didn't happen.  Also, was Jed and Raven ever on at the same time?  Whatever the case may be, it came across as rude. 

This kind of thing happened a bit with Elisabeth too back in the day. 

8 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Man, I thought Whoopi telling Sunny she was "showing off" when she told people "who done it" during a movie was so insulting.  Whoopi is so damn jealous of her she can't even veil her disdain anymore.  Blech!!

I don't get why she constantly feels she has to reprimand Sunny.  She did the same thing to Paula.  I guess Sunny is able to take it though.  I don't think I'd be as easy going about it. 

• Love 4

Whoops went off on her old,  tired rant that I'd youy don't want abortion,  don't have one, yadayadayada.  Waste of words in a semi-serious talk. I was waiting for Joy to talk abt back-alley self-abortions back in the day, but she didn't get a chance. 

Sunny telling others when she figures out a plot or outcome or who- done -it is rude and a big spoiler. Hate that. Thank goodness Sarah called her on it. Shut up Sunny and let others enjoy the suspense.  

Raven??????  Gained more weight. Talked abt her double chin, was out of breath after running around and dancing after her intro, got her A.A. degree, still has her side hair shaved off, is super-duper happy about her sitcom, but misses everybody at the SPEW soooooooo much, and her ART IS DISPLAYED ON HER SET, but maybe not, You get to guess which is her ART!!!  

SERIOUSLY, Raven made me tired, and she needed oxygen. She over-sold her delirium about her wonderful life.  Idk.  She came off as Uber- Fake. She's not that good an actress. Or she's on something. 

• Love 4

I cringe when Whoopi does her "then don't have an abortion" defense and I don't know why. They also cut that conversation/debate way too short just when Sunny was making her point. To talk about... GOT?

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4

Today I was annoyed by Sunny - with her little girl act.  It isn't cute and she looks like an idiot.  One minute she is talking like an educated lawyer and the next, like a child with her  many faces.   

• Love 4
21 hours ago, backformore said:

Jed - OWN IT!  if you support trump, say so proudly, or shut the fuck up.   she's like hasselbeck  with the "a lot of people are saying....." 

Kind of reminds me of when trump's publicist, "John Miller" gave interviews, only it was really trump disguising his voice. 

Jed is just giving viewpoints from the other side. If she doesn't do it, who will? The whole point of this show is to hear varying views and opinions on issues, not just from the left. That would be boring.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

Jed is just giving viewpoints from the other side. If she doesn't do it, who will?

I believe the OP was saying, don't hide behind "people say" or "my friends all say" -- Jed needs to argue her own beliefs rather than watering them down by attributing them to others. Elisabeth Hasselbeck made up most of her references on this show. We're on to that little trick. Jed is a former frequent Breitbart/Fox contributor. No matter how many times she says, "I'm an independent" or "I'm a libertarian," it's pretty obvious she's a conservative Republican. Just own it. Don't play little games referencing probable non-existent friends.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

I cringe when Whoopi does her "then don't have an abortion" defense and I don't know why. They also cut that conversation/debate way too short just when Sunny was making her point. To talk about... GOT?

Whoopi can't see things from any other point of view.  Anti-abortion  people believe abortion is murder.   We don't say "if you think murder is wrong, then don't kill anybody!  But let the rest of us make our own decisions."  

1 hour ago, mrbean5411 said:

Jed is just giving viewpoints from the other side. If she doesn't do it, who will? The whole point of this show is to hear varying views and opinions on issues, not just from the left. That would be boring.

I'm fine with Jed expressing HER opinions.  that's what the show is about.  What I don't like is when she disguises her own opinions by telling us that it was from "my friend who is a trump supporter." 

She does it because, if (when)  trump leaves office (resignation or impeachment)  Jed will not appear foolish.  She comes very close to saying positive things about trump, but she refrains from expressing it as her own view. 

(or, what @ChicagoCita said)

• Love 8
6 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

Jed frequently begins her questions to influential guests with "a lot of people say" instead of admitting it's what she thinks.  She did it twice during a 5 minute interview with Bernie Sanders last week.  It makes her sound cowardly.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

I actually have a similar problem with being able to predict the beats of most movies as Sunny, but I don't speak out loud. You almost have to have triple twists these days to be truly surprising. I'm with Joy that knowing things ahead of time doesn't really ruin the experience though as long as the movie/show is well-made. It's not about what happens, but how (the buildup, actor's performance, music, etc.).

Raven was on the show when Jedi began. I remember her being there that day that Sunny one-upped Jedi on some story where Jedi called the man they were talking about only for Sunny to respond by saying she called the man's supervisor--I remember because Raven started snickering while Sunny wiped the floor with her. I almost want to check out the beginning of the interview now to see her snubbing Jedi. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her either after listening to the things she's been defending on this show the past year.

• Love 4

My Grandmother (passed in her late 80's) would have 4 by noon!  and never miss a beat.....cooking 3 meals a day for the farm help and keeping all us grandkids/hooligans in line as kids.

Love Nick Cannon.  Was wondering what the turbans were about.  He started wearing them while he was hosting America's Got Talent

I'm really liking Sara on this show, too.  On GMA and Hoda & Kathie Lee she always played an airhead IMO.  Of course all they gave her to work with was fluff pieces.

Jed is what I call a contrary.  No matter what the subject she always takes an opposing view even if she sounds really inconsistent in her beliefs.

• Love 9

I'm so annoyed that conversations have been getting interrupted. The abortion topic yesterday and then the guns everywhere topic today. Seems like they did that to allow Jedilyingliarwholies the last word both times. Why even bring up a topic if you're only going to give it 2 minutes?

• Love 10

....and Jed, it's called a 'concealed carry permit'.  You have to pass the course then you can take it with to class, restaurants, etc.  I have friends here in OH that have them.....

Good story I heard a few years back.  FL was one of the first states to do concealed carry and as we all know there is a considerable senior population there.  One day 4 older gents were having their usual dinner (early bird special, natch..;-)) at their usual place when some young punk comes in and starts pistol whipping their favorite waitress.  These guys stood up and shot the shit out of this dude.  He was DRT (dead right there).  No charges were filed.

• Love 3