Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I thought it was Ramona.  But I might be conflating that with her not wanting to go wherever-the-heck-gorgeous-but-not-Ramona-approved-place Heather's vacation house is.

Yea, Ramona didn't want to go to the Berkshires. 

I am wrapping up a re-watch of season 4 on Hulu right now, and Andy just asked Sonja about her objections to Quogue, so I'm pretty sure it was her.

57 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

According to Bethenny on WWHL last night, the only one that told her it was time for dinner was Carole and she told her that to help extricate her from the clutches of molesting drunk Sonja! So, no one pressured Bethenny to come to dinner other than Carole. LOL

Maybe so, but Carole was in the room with Dorinda. So it makes sense that she went to THAT room and released her frustrations of being begged to come to dinner...only to sit at the table alone. 

18 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The Quogue party was Cindy Barshop  IIRC.  I think it was Ro who was complaining about the distance and lack of pino.

Okay, so two things happened here. Cindy announced at LU's house that she was having the party in Quogue. That is when Sonja said that was way too far and she doesn't go to Quogue. Ramona might have complained about the distance as well, but the bulk of her complaining was AT the party. Because she actually went. And yes, she flipped when she was not presented with pinot upon walking up. 

16 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

I am glad that Beth and Dorinda were able to settle their argument.  I like their friendship and from B’s reaction I felt that her hurt was due to her genuinely liking Dorinda and theirs being a real friendship.   

Exactly. I think they were both just having a drunk and tired fight at first - where you're not articulating stuff well and everyone is being sensitive. But when Dorinda said that shit about Skinny Girl, that made Beth think her friend had secretly been harboring some resentment towards her. In reality, I think Dorinda is the type who just resorts to button pushing when she's upset. But I can see why B got so upset. 

9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was surprised Ramona went fishing, I thought she was just going to kiss Bethany's ass some more but Beth didn't even go. 

She was looking for the "more fish in the sea" she'd heard about. 

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Aspenemptynest said:

The airport is West Palm Beach. 

It doesn't matter if the airport is in West Palm or the courthouse is in West Palm, what matters is where your home is.  And the old monied stuffy farts that live in Palm Beach wouldn't be caught dead living in West Palm. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Why did Sonja have on Beth's bikini?

Sonja always covets the others clothes. It must be a thing between a few of these women. A few seasons ago Ramona "borrowed" a dress from Bethenny and B wanted it back but never saw it again. She even complained in the following season about it. I think it might have been designer (and probably looked A LOT better on Bethenny). Sonja in the Berkshires "borrowed" pajamas from Dorinda (lingerie from her deceased husband) and came waltzing out to the kitchen in them. Dorinda was baffled as she had them in tissue (or wrapped and saved somehow) and wondered how Sonja had helped herself to them. They feel entitled to borrow Willy Nilly from each other in their minds only. I don't think the other ladies have pulled such antics on each other but I don't blame Bethenny for telling Sonja that she could have the turquoise bathing suit after seeing her in it. Unsanitary perhaps? Shame as it looked good on Bethenny.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe so, but Carole was in the room with Dorinda. So it makes sense that she went to THAT room and released her frustrations of being begged to come to dinner...only to sit at the table alone. 

Actually, Carole and Dorinda had separate bedrooms, they shared an adjoining bathroom. Bethenny went into Dorinda's bedroom, Carole was not present and it was Tinsley that was with them when they walked to the dinning room table, not Carole, she came after Bethenny/Tinsley mocked Dorinda's slurring/arm flailing and after Dorinda cut herself. Bethenny went off on the wrong person but, as always, she didn't feel the need to apologize to Dorinda for that. LOL  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/videos/too-much-tequila

7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sonja always covets the others clothes. It must be a thing between a few of these women. A few seasons ago Ramona "borrowed" a dress from Bethenny and B wanted it back but never saw it again. She even complained in the following season about it. I think it might have been designer (and probably looked A LOT better on Bethenny). Sonja in the Berkshires "borrowed" pajamas from Dorinda (lingerie from her deceased husband) and came waltzing out to the kitchen in them. Dorinda was baffled as she had them in tissue (or wrapped and saved somehow) and wondered how Sonja had helped herself to them. They feel entitled to borrow Willy Nilly from each other in their minds only. I don't think the other ladies have pulled such antics on each other but I don't blame Bethenny for telling Sonja that she could have the turquoise bathing suit after seeing her in it. Unsanitary perhaps? Shame as it looked good on Bethenny.  

Sonja didn't borrow Bethenny's swimsuit, Dorinda put it on Sonja even though Sonja told her they weren't hers. LOL I believe that even Carole said they weren't Sonja's but I don't think Dorinda heard her. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not that it matters, but, Washington National Airport is in Arlington, VA.

My favorite is Cincinnati's international airport as it's located across the river in...  Kentucky.

As for the episode I enjoyed the drunken shitfest more than I probably should have.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja didn't borrow Bethenny's swimsuit, Dorinda put it on Sonja even though Sonja told her they weren't hers. LOL I believe that even Carole said they weren't Sonja's but I don't think Dorinda heard her. 

Sonja had flashed her snatch at Dorinda so many times that I doubt Dorinda cared very much who the bikini belonged to.

Some saw it as Do being a good friend and helping to preserve Sonja's dignity (ha!). I saw it as Do trying to save herself from frequent, unbidden flashbacks of Sonja's lady bits.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, snarts said:

It's Palm Beach International Airport. That's its name.  

The Detroit airport is actually in Romulus but no one calls it that. 

Palm Beach is the name of the county, thus the name of the airport. The cities there are sometimes called The Palm Beaches: 

http://www.thepalmbeaches.com/

imo Lu says Palm Beach for one reason - same reason she clung to the title Countess for years.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 11

Dude, for the longest time I have thought, "No wonder Lu is so hot to marry him. He has a place on Palm Freakin' Beach." But West Palm? And this is JUST the first time she's being called on it? LOL. West Palm is West Palm. Palm Beach might be a bridge away, but it's a WHOLE other world. There's no "confusing" the two. Oh, Lu. You never cease to make me cringe. 

The Golden Girls meets The Hangover, indeed. Though I think that most of these ladies could handle their shit better than the guys in the movie, lol. 

I watched the Bethenny/Doris fight three times and I'm still not sure what half of it was about, but I no longer care. 

And maybe my friends and I are prudes, but we never strip naked in front of each other, pool or no. And if cameras were there? Good god, no. I generally like Bethenny, and I've really liked her this season, but her obsession with nudity is getting old. 

If I could spend just 48 hours at that villa...sigh.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, Carole and Dorinda had separate bedrooms, they shared an adjoining bathroom. Bethenny went into Dorinda's bedroom, Carole was not present and it was Tinsley that was with them when they walked to the dinning room table, not Carole, she came after Bethenny/Tinsley mocked Dorinda's slurring/arm flailing and after Dorinda cut herself. Bethenny went off on the wrong person but, as always, she didn't feel the need to apologize to Dorinda for that. LOL  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/videos/too-much-tequila

I'm sorry if I got that wrong. Was probably laughing too hard at the drunken antics. Mea Culpa 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jel said:

Gah, the Palm vs. West Palm thing -- so snobby, Tinsley! So pitiful to make a false impression, Lu!

It's not real Palm Beach, I get that, but I also don't GAF. Underneath all of that there's this unspoken thing that somehow rich people (old money) are "better".  Stupid snobbery.

It's like when Tinsley made some comment the other episode about, "I can find a dress for like, $500 and be totally happy with it."  (I am probably butchering the comment.  Does anyone remember this comment I'm talking about?)  I was sooooooooo annoyed.  She is just so fucking out of touch.  If you're going to be on television, I mean, wow.  I know that some people here love it but that stuff is a major turn off for me. For some here it's obviously really important and noteworthy the difference between PB and WPB but honestly for about 70% of the people at home watching I'm going to go ahead and guess that none of them GAF.

(corrected the amount based on @HunterHunted's correction)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Sonja had flashed her snatch at Dorinda so many times that I doubt Dorinda cared very much who the bikini belonged to.

Some saw it as Do being a good friend and helping to preserve Sonja's dignity (ha!). I saw it as Do trying to save herself from frequent, unbidden flashbacks of Sonja's lady bits.

I think when you see Grandma Wrinkles, you always think she needs a sweater.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Michichick said:

True, but it's called the Palm Beach International Airport, so one could be forgiven for saying one is flying in to Palm Beach.

LuAnne is a social climber and a snob at her core. One of her first memorable acts was schooling Bethany on how to introduce her to the help. 

Lu is a wannabe and a snob. And she likes to rub people's face in her supposed superiority. 

She got her ass handed to her by TINSLEY. Karma. 

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Palm Beach is the name of the county, thus the name of the airport. The cities there are sometimes called The Palm Beaches: http://www.thepalmbeaches.com/

Lu says Palm Beach for one reason - same reason she clung to the title Countess for years.

So if Luann were to say I just got back from our home in West Palm Beach, would that matter?  I thought Bethenny's objection in Vermont is that Luann mentions they travel to the Hamptons, Palm Beach and I guess Vail.  and she just didn't like the mention of Luann's travels and especially Tom. So would there be a round of snickers because Luann lays her head down on a pillow in West Palm Beach and drives over the bridge Palm Beach to socialize and dine?  It is a lot like certain ladies of Season 1 making fun of Alex for living in Brooklyn.  Being a snob is on them-not the other person.  It reminds me of Season 1 of RHOBH-no one lived in Beverly Hills proper.  Their homes were marvelous and they socialized in Beverly Hills but no one lived in the city limits of Beverly Hills. 

Just saying if I were a person living in Palm Beach county and these low brow drunken losers were making the distinction so as to deride someone for living there that would be on them.  I can never understand what these bitches are suppose to talk about if not where they have been.  Of course that would leave less time for talk of Skinnygirl and all of Bethenny's amazing accomplishments.  Just how often are they suppose to talk about the new Skinnygirl flavor or launch.  One of the reasons the other women are pissed at Skinnygirl is she expects their undying support and adulation but she picks and chooses which events of others to attend. 

My issue with Bethenny is she takes the women to places like the Bronx and the restaurant where her father's horse buddies hung out and she needs to make the distinction they are not as classy as where they usually hang.  It is just rude.  It doesn't make Bethenny better for wandering into the fringe places it makes her tacky for bringing it up the difference.  Bethenny, who never fails to post a picture of her travels on social media, it is wrong to not leave the UES and when they do it is wrong to mention it?

Luann was a Countess for years.  It was her title by marriage and it is the brand name of her products. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So if Luann were to say I just got back from our home in West Palm Beach, would that matter?  I thought Bethenny's objection in Vermont is that Luann mentions they travel to the Hamptons, Palm Beach and I guess Vail.  and she just didn't like the mention of Luann's travels and especially Tom. So would there be a round of snickers because Luann lays her head down on a pillow in West Palm Beach and drives over the bridge Palm Beach to socialize and dine?  It is a lot like certain ladies of Season 1 making fun of Alex for living in Brooklyn.  Being a snob is on them-not the other person.  It reminds me of Season 1 of RHOBH-no one lived in Beverly Hills proper.  Their homes were marvelous and they socialized in Beverly Hills but no one lived in the city limits of Beverly Hills. 

Just saying if I were a person living in Palm Beach county and these low brow drunken losers were making the distinction so as to deride someone for living there that would be on them.  I can never understand what these bitches are suppose to talk about if not where they have been.  Of course that would leave less time for talk of Skinnygirl and all of Bethenny's amazing accomplishments.  Just how often are they suppose to talk about the new Skinnygirl flavor or launch.  One of the reasons the other women are pissed at Skinnygirl is she expects their undying support and adulation but she picks and chooses which events of others to attend. 

My issue with Bethenny is she takes the women to places like the Bronx and the restaurant where her father's horse buddies hung out and she needs to make the distinction they are not as classy as where they usually hang.  It is just rude.  It doesn't make Bethenny better for wandering into the fringe places it makes her tacky for bringing it up the difference.  Bethenny, who never fails to post a picture of her travels on social media, it is wrong to not leave the UES and when they do it is wrong to mention it?

Luann was a Countess for years.  It was her title by marriage and it is the brand name of her products. 

The point is Lu doesn't say she just came back from West Palm, and she used her title as much as possible. It's not about the others at all; it's all about Lu's need to spin a certain image of herself. (Most of the women on the HW shows seem to share that need - I blame/credit the casting dept.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Bethenny seems to have taken the Skinnygirl thing too literal. She looked absolutely emaciated when she took off her suit and jumped in the pool- I paused the image for a second and you could clearly count each rib protruding through a thin layer of skin. She might look great in clothes, and is serious about being the representative of her brand, but, as a dietitian and self proclaimed healthy food chef, she must know how unhealthy it is to do what it takes to be that thin. 

There was a point where I was on an extremely low-carb diet and my brother and I were drinking a lot of low sugar wine.  Someone at the liquor store (yes, in Ontario, Canada we often have to go to a liquor store to buy wine) taught us how we can see the sugar content of wines and buy accordingly.  It's a huge range, like 2 grams of sugar per Litre to like 200 grams of sugar per litre!  A lot of people drink sweet wine and just don't mind it, I guess.  This very long story is just for me to say that when I was young I thought I could rely on the Skinnygirl brand but ironically it is extremely high sugar.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Piggybacking.   Ramona kept 2 designer dresses that were supposed to be returned because iirc they didn't even belong to Bethenny.  Then shrugged and said something like what's the big deal, you can afford to lose a couple of lousy dresses.    Sonja will simply rifle through your luggage and wear your shit in your face.    Just this pair.  Two sides of the same tacky ass coin.

Perhaps.  Lol.  Welcome to Brown Ice Manor.  Where vibrators are cleaned in the dishwasher.   She tries on my bikini bottoms or lipstick, they're hers.

I'm still salty for Dorinda.  That nightgown was so special to her that it's not clear that she'd ever worn it.   Reminds me of Meryl Streep's letter to her daughter in the Bridges of Madison County.

I don't mention 1/2 the stuff I do = ya'll stay slick at the mouth about SG and it's just one segment of my life.  If you knew what else I were involved in, you'd really drown in haterade. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Picked the wrong guy, gave him the wrong finger. 

{{handsonlap}} Who's hungry?

speak for yourself! 

giphy.gif

ooooh yalll?  the reunion is bout to be LIT. 

Haven't they filmed the reunion already? 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

LuAnne is a social climber and a snob at her core. One of her first memorable acts was schooling Bethany on how to introduce her to the help. 

Lu is a wannabe and a snob. And she likes to rub people's face in her supposed superiority. 

She got her ass handed to her by TINSLEY. Karma. 

In Luann's defense she only asked to be addressed as Mrs. not by her first name or Countess. I find that a reasonable request and not at all out of line. 

Maybe it's a southern thing but there are many women who I throw a Miss in front of their name out of respect (a Mr. for the men). A co-worker and I happen to go to the same gym and we were discussing the people who love to get the same spin bike. She said "oh there's a woman there Miss Jones (not her real name) who always gets the same bike." I thought it was funny that at such a casual setting a person would use their title. FF I happened to run into a woman at the gym  I recognized from my child's aftercare and upon introduction "Oh, hi my name is Ki-in" "Pleased to meet you, I'm Miss Jones" (small world).  She has every right to be addressed as such and I do not fault her or think she is in anyway a snob.

Luann had a glorious life BT (before Tom) so not a full on wannabe but she is a bit of a snob but not because she wants to be addressed as Mrs.

Tinsley is right, WPB and PB..two different worlds. Anyone can afford to live in WPB...

• Love 8

Another season, another OTT "bonding" cryfest  between Beth and Ramona. Do they think they can win Emmys with that ridiculousness?

Oh,  Bethany's rib cage. Just no. 

...and her bony spine, deflated bag o' cheese ass, and Tupperware tits. Besides DrunkSonja with a gay J, nobody wants to see that shit. But, Beth absolutely cannot stand to not be the center of attention, and the ladies oohing and aahing over Luann clearly got her bent.

"Dorinda isn't jealous of her success. Dorinda is annoyed the former fan favorite has production in a headlock and is quietly killing the series."

200.gif

Last night on WWHL, Beth was shown leading a poll by 80% - before the actual poll question was even asked. Headlock, indeed.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

In Luann's defense she only asked to be addressed as Mrs. not by her first name or Countess. I find that a reasonable request and not at all out of line. 

She actually say did call me Mrs. or the Countess.   The kicker was the sentence began with:  In front of, you know, like, the help..... 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
verbs are a thing
  • Love 16

I don't know why this news made me a little sad.  With the exception of all her Tom talk, I kind of enjoyed her lately.  Especially in Mexico.  But I do think all of the "married" and "Tom" mentioning was a sign there was trouble in paradise.  Usually, if you have to point out that often how wonderful things are for you... they probably aren't.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Well....I'd say it's out of line UNLESS she addresses everyone else as formally.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Tinsley has gotten in some good shade with some of her comments, but she is out of her league with these bitches. 

She's still young, though.  Give her some time with these hens and she'll be one of them in no time.  I kind of hope Scott sweeps her off her feet and they ride off into the Chicago sunset together.  I don't want to watch her marry this guy and have a baby on my TV, only to watch it fizz into dysfunction just like every single romantic partnership on this franchise.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Tinsley was awesomely bitchy pointing out that yes there is a big difference between West Balm Beach and Palm Beach, but sorry Lu had her beat when she said Tinsley lived in Palm Beach with her mom.  Tinsley has gotten in some good shade with some of her comments, but she is out of her league with these bitches.

Yeah, it was totally bitchy of her, but in a really underhanded way, that ONLY Tinz could dish out -- cuz she's the ONLY one there with direct old money family connections.  And she was making that point loud & clear with her insistence on making such a big deal on the diff btw PB & WPB.

Now, would any of these broads really be touchy about Tinz being old money, while ALL of the rest of 'em ain't?  Clearly, Bethenny thinks it's all a bunch of bullshit & doesn't buy into the old money crap for a sec.  Bethenny is very consistent about this & always has been & good for her on that.  Same for Dorinda & Carole.  Sonja & Lu get touchy about this old money stuff.  Given their humble backgrounds, it tickles me just how touchy they get when anything relating to old money comes up.

See, one reason I think Tinz's presence is so interesting is she's representing the POV of old money.  And she's the only one there who was raised old money, so it gives us a peek into how they think.  Lu & Sonja merely married into it.  It's quite different.  The old money bullshit is ingrained & burrowed into Tinz's head.  With Lu & Sonja -- they're just parroting what they observed to dutifully fit in to what they married into.  Very different -- cuz someimes they both get the old money ideas right & sometimes they're both way off.  Tinz is NEVER wrong about this shit cuz it's innate to her -- she grew up with this stuff.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's like when Tinsley made some comment the other episode about, "I can find a dress for like, $4000 and be totally happy with it."  (I am probably butchering the comment.  Does anyone remember this comment I'm talking about?)  I was sooooooooo annoyed

I don't think it was as high as four THOUSAND, but it was still a pretty pricey amount and I thought, "Damn, that's a bargain to you? I'd never spend that much on one piece of clothing." She is pretty out of touch. 

35 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

speak for yourself! 

Bahaahahaha, where's your rose now?

7 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Someone should just look Lu in the eye and state the obvious truth of life:  

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his same sad old song

Every rose has it's thorn

You win the internet today. Dead. I am dead. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Palm Beach is Old Money...it was built for the wealthiest people in America (people that we now call the 1%) in the 1920's.  The railroad had been expanded south to West Palm in the 1890's, and all kinds of people began taking winter vacations there.  It had something of a "Wild West" culture.  In the age before air travel, the rich loved the climate but wanted a place where they would only interact with peers.  So a guarded causeway was built, and Palm Beach became an isolated enclave.  In 1926, The Breakers opened - a huge, elegant hotel built for one and two month stays for people who were socially affiliated with the families that had homes there.  

Social life was private and centered on old-school clubs - the Bath and Tennis Club, Bradley’s Beach Club, the Everglades Club, and the Sailfish Club.  Membership was as dependent on pedigree as it was on income.  It was as waspy as waspy could get - Joe Kennedy moved there in 1933, and even he didn't make it into the inner sanctum - he was Catholic (I'm Catholic, too, and remember my parents saying they didn't think that JFk would win the election, because "America would never elect a Catholic"!!).

So West Palm was like a frontier town, and housed all of the people who worked for the wealthy families.  Hurricanes in 1926 and 1928, combined with the Great Depression, decimated West Palm.  The people that remained were domestic and service workers, along with small merchants.  After the second World War, the city began to grow, but still had many very poor neighborhoods.  In the 1990's serious redevelopment plans for the downtown area were done (I was on the design team - hence my freakish knowledge of area history!!!) and the downtown area became very popular.  Malls were built, old neighborhoods were razed and redeveloped, cultural institutions grew, businesses moved in, and the city had transformed into a desirable and diverse place to live, work, and vacation by the late 1990's.

Palm Beach hasn't changed much - it's still an enclave for the very rich who want privacy.  The "old guard" still runs the clubs, but all kinds of millionaires now live in the houses.  The Breakers has lost it's luster and exclusivity but has a nice beach and is worth visiting if you have the chance.  I found the shopping area kinda creepy - very pretty but not meant for me - life's too short to get the side-eye from customer service reps.  And if you're driving around in a beat-up car, especially at night, plan to get pulled over.

So yeah....saying that you live in Palm Beach when you actually live in West Palm is definitely a bit shady, misleading, and pretentious.

Are you sorry you asked??  Ha!!!!

Yikes, I was misquoted again, just to clarify....

Second time this week, but the other time wasn't you!  

FYI, I never made that comment!  I know the difference between the two! xo

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, jaync said:

Dayumm...that was fast! Hope trading in the Countess title for a storyline and half a penthouse was worth it.

A Countess title may be fun but it doesn't pay the bills like a storyline or equity in a penthouse will   :-)

• Love 8

The bright side of Luann's marriage unraveling faster than a pair of cheap underpants is that nothing seems to embarrass her.  She shares that trait with Sonja.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 12