Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Three Tequila…Floor!

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I was planning to throw a party last weekend and was looking forward to comically using this after the teeniest perceived slight, but I had a surprise party thrown for me instead (such complaints!). For me, nothing will beat two Pride weekends ago when I was outside of the club and heard six gay men yell at each other: WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITHOUT DORINDA???? I bought one of the tee-shirts and wore it on my trip to NYC and it made for a very good ice breaker.

Hahaha, that is awesome. I keep trying to get Dorinda-isms to catch on with my friends and family. But I'm not having much luck. Best I can do is my 5-year-old daughter yelling, "CLIP!" throughout the grocery store yesterday. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, film noire said:

I don't think she feels humiliated or ashamed   -- if anything, she's embracing the moment:

That's obviously just "spin control."  Nothing more.  It says nothing about how Luann really feels about what happened - it just shows how she wants people to think she feels.  Like it's all just a big, cute joke to her.   

But coming from someone who has spent as much time preaching about decorum and poise and etiquette as she has, I find it hard to believe Luann is not embarrassed.  I can't imagine facing my kids after something like that.  Of course Victoria has been busted for DUI, so maybe getting plowed and making an ass of yourself it isn't considered poor behavior in their family, lol.

But taking a drink  -- any drink -- is always a reasoned risk.  

Huh?  Maybe if you are an alcoholic and can't stop yourself every drink is a risk.  But I don't think for most people a drink or even a couple of drinks carries the same inherent risk of physical injury that hurtling down a snowy mountainside on a pair of skis does. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

Didn't Dorinda's room than Ro and Sonja wanted have a Jack and Jill bathroom with Carole's room?  Can you imagine if all 4 of them had shared a bathroom?

I love Margaritas, but after sun and drinking, I would definitely be in bed, asleep like Dorinda.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's obviously just "spin control."  Nothing more. 

I doubt it's spin -- Luann loves attention, and she's receiving all kinds of positive attention about this episode.

carries the same inherent risk 

I didn't say it was the "same inherent" risk,  I said it was also a reasoned risk. Like everything else in life, drinking involves a risk/reward ratio; I would never ski, but I would happily apres ski. (Anything involving even the possibility of a broken limb is off my list). Others have the exact opposite risk/reward.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, beesknees said:

OY.  This was Sri Lanka all over the place (for me).  Ugly, ugly Americans.  I was so embarrassed the entire time I was there I could not stand it.

Same continent, different country.  The moneyed locals often were the same though.  Conspicusous consumption ruled.  The cast of RHNY would have fit right in.

• Love 1

For all the skin gurus who also know the timelines - did Ramona for sure have a second procedure besides the gnarly chemical peel she had in anticipation of her birthday?   Isn't it better to not do such intense procedures within a few weeks or even months of one another?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I doubt it's spin -- Luann loves attention, and she's receiving all kinds of positive attention about this episode.

Oh, she is getting attention alright.  People are laughing their asses off at her. I am not sure that is what I would call positive attention, but whatever.  I think the positive attention mostly went to Bethenny this episode.  I'm amazed at all the love she's been getting, both for her behavior and her look.  I gotta hand it to her, Beth knows how to dress to kill when vacationing in the heat.  When the others looked wilted Beth remained the picture of tropical eleganza! 

I suppose the true test of how Luann feels about winning this season's Cooter Brown Award will be if she brings it up on Evine or whatever shopping channel she is selling her fug creations on now.  I'll believe she is happy about busting her ass twice and flailing around in the shrubbery like a fool when she uses it as a marketing tool, ha. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, imjagain said:

Lu is an adult and  On vacation, she didn't break any laws. 

I agree.  It's not the classiest look but Lu didn't break anything - laws, bones, furniture.  It's the loud, angry, non-sensical drunks like Dorinda that I can't handle.  She's one step away from flipping the table at the local fancy restaurant.  And when you disturb my dinner and/or scare my kid when we're just sitting there trying to enjoy a meal, you can bet I'm gonna ask you be removed. 

On second thought, I might be a little pissed if Lulu fell into my hydrangeas.  I baby them like I birthed them myself.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm not a prude but most of her humor is so vulgar.  Cocks!  Pussies!  Vaginas!  Fucking!  Ugh.  She's a smart woman with a sarcastic wit.  But she needs to switch it up and use her grown-up words more often.

I agree with you!  I have no problem with vulgarity but that's almost the only humor Bethenny gives us.

• Love 16

Whoa!  Maybe we've been damning Lu unfairly re her apparent over-consumption of booze.  Just heard on the ABC national news that 43% of Mexican alcohol is illegally produced/bootleg, & that often it's has been found to be tainted with methanol or grain alcohol, resulting in much faster rates of inebriation. One  U.S. couple claimed they were basically rendered unconscious after only 2 drinks at a 5 star Mexican resort; others unfortunately died after consuming alcohol at similar luxury hotels/resorts.  Lu may have gotten off easy with her tumbles!  Doesn't sound like a positive for Bethenny's production of her tequila in Mejico - & anyway, what about MADE in AMERICA?? 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'll have to admit, watching Ramona be the voice of reason in her drunken stupor to LuAnn was quite entertaining. 

The way Ramona so matter of factly was telling Luanne the reason she fell, while Luanne was still on the floor...I thought that was one of the funniest things out of all the seasons so far.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh, she is getting attention alright.  People are laughing their asses off at her. I am not sure that is what I would call positive attention, but whatever.  I think the positive attention mostly went to Bethenny this episode.  I'm amazed at all the love she's been getting, both for her behavior and her look.  I gotta hand it to her, Beth knows how to dress to kill when vacationing in the heat.  When the others looked wilted Beth remained the picture of tropical eleganza! 

I suppose the true test of how Luann feels about winning this season's Cooter Brown Award will be if she brings it up on Evine or whatever shopping channel she is selling her fug creations on now.  I'll believe she is happy about busting her ass twice and flailing around in the shrubbery like a fool when she uses it as a marketing tool, ha. 

I look at this way more than one RH can get positive attention in an episode.  Bethenny was on a roll-mainly against an uncouth Ramona and to a lesser degree Sonja.   I don't think Bethenny was the sole holder of looking nice-Luann looked nice, Carole looked nice, more than one person can look nice or have an entertaining moment.  Apparently, Bethenny also knows how to undress while vacationing-classy.

Luann while not drinking got quite a ride on a camel and Bravo still shows the shots of her nearly being bucked off a camel.  People laughed, and some people even wished she would have been bucked off and made many a nasty comment.  I don't see her using the bucking camel in her marketing. 

I must say I wasn't impressed with Bethenny repeated "dick-pic" moments at the beginning of the show but things got better, when Ramona got bad.  Saying it once is enough, we get it, she latches onto a naughty saying and acts like a three year with her constant repeating.  I mean normally people don't applaud when someone asks why someone is an asshole but it was definitely appropriate in the moment.

Many a person lays claim that Luann is snobby or an elitist because she doesn't show her ass all the time, and keeps somethings private. Well we saw her drunk and awkward and she ran with it.  I can only speak for myself, but I don't expect these women to do a Public Service Announcement  after they are filmed drunk.  To me, most of these ladies sold their souls when they decided to do the show, so trying to make lemons out of lemonade only goes so far.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

Same continent, different country.  The moneyed locals often were the same though.  Conspicusous consumption ruled.  The cast of RHNY would have fit right in.

I'm in Dubai. Let me tell you, the staff here will advertise "Western Families Only" when looking for jobs. Westerners will treat them better, give them days off, etc. I find the Brits tend to be amongst the worst of the Western expats. They complain about everything whereas the Americans just kinda shrug and keep going.  The volunteer organizations are mainly Americans too.  So, apparently, we act better when in Dubai?  LOL. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the positive attention mostly went to Bethenny this episode.  I'm amazed at all the love she's been getting, both for her behavior and her look.  I gotta hand it to her, Beth knows how to dress to kill when vacationing in the heat.  When the others looked wilted Beth remained the picture of tropical eleganza! 

Yes, Bethenny looked nice at the dinner but she also looked sick at the same time. Bethenny's behavior this episode, at least for me, was one of restraint (for her) when she dealt with Ramona/Sonja/room hissy fit, which worked. BUT, it is not how she normally deals with the other HWs when she is upset/mad at them, normally she comes out guns a blazing, zeroing in for the kill and she didn't do that this time. I suspect it was because she was sick and couldn't muster up the rage she normally reserves when she is angry but it was nice to see no matter why she dialed it back. I prefer this Bethenny, dialed back, than the crying, raging, vulgar attacking/always looking for the kill Bethenny she has been for the last 2+ seasons. But, that is just me, ommv. LOL

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's obviously just "spin control."  Nothing more.  It says nothing about how Luann really feels about what happened - it just shows how she wants people to think she feels.  Like it's all just a big, cute joke to her.   

But coming from someone who has spent as much time preaching about decorum and poise and etiquette as she has, I find it hard to believe Luann is not embarrassed.  I can't imagine facing my kids after something like that.  Of course Victoria has been busted for DUI, so maybe getting plowed and making an ass of yourself it isn't considered poor behavior in their family, lol.

Huh?  Maybe if you are an alcoholic and can't stop yourself every drink is a risk.  But I don't think for most people a drink or even a couple of drinks carries the same inherent risk of physical injury that hurtling down a snowy mountainside on a pair of skis does. 

Nope.  No one knows how Lu really feels.  But that doesn't that mean she 'wants' people to think how she feels.  She may be fine with it and to think otherwise is just as much as an assumption.

One can express how 'they' would feel but no one can speak for someone else in the same situation.  She can feel embarrassed but at the same time say well that's what happened and just laugh at it.  She can't change it.  No one got hurt.  Including her.  Same can't be said for Tamra when she rolled that dune buggy last season.

On another note, why is it that someone is judged to be a heavy smoker because they have a lower pitch to their voice?  It's one thing to know a person before they smoked and to state their pitch changed after starting smoking but it's another to assume that their voice is a result of heavy smoking.  Maybe that's just their voice. 

Holding their liquor...  Maybe the term should be tolerance of something.  I know so many people who have two or three cups of coffee a day.  Me?  I have half a cup in the morning and I'm done.  If I do more, I'm in physical speed mode.  The hands are shaking and I just don't tolerate it.  And if I happen to have a glass of a caffeinated beverage during the evening time whether we're out or at someone's home, I'm up all night.  I'm wired.  We all have different tolerances for stuff. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the positive attention mostly went to Bethenny this episode.  

I've been seeing lots of positive attention coming Luann's way -- Entertainment Weekly:

"Oh yeah, and then a very drunk Luann falls into a bush, and then falls off a step, which means, sorry Bethenny, there’s a new episode winner in town."

http://ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-9-episode-16/

E Online: "RHONY’S Luann D’Agostino Sounds Off on her Drunken Tumbles in Mexico: “My legendary hollow leg was full”:

http://www.eonline.com/news/868149/rhony-s-luann-d-agostino-sounds-off-on-her-drunken-tumbles-in-mexico-my-legendary-hollow-leg-was-full

Reality Tea: "I also have to declare that Luann D’Agostino falling into that bush during that cast trip to Mexico was hands down the best moment of this season. Sure, that wasn’t hard to do considering that this season is pretty “blah,” but that fall was instantly iconic and Luann is embracing it instead of being embarrassed."

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/07/23/luann-dagostino-laughs-drunken-fall-bushes/

Tamara: "They didn’t eat until the very late dinner and the tequila just crept up on her. About the fall she says, “when you trip, make it part of the dance.” I love Luann’s attitude toward life."

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/07/20/wwhl-with-luann-dagostino-and-ali-wentworth/

And -- last but not least! - the PTV recap:

"Luann: It took nine years to get Luann drunk on camera, and boy was it worth the wait. In last season's trip to the Berkshires, Luann refers to herself in the third person and dubs herself Teflon. "You can't burn me, baby," she says before wondering aloud if Teflon even burns and laughing it off. That perfectly describes Drunken Luann, a force that won't be stopped even if a piece of bone is shooting out of one of its kneecaps. Unlike the rest of the monsters, Drunken Luann just wants to party and have fun; she's harmless. Like when she falls into the bushes and decides that's her life now. Those bushes are her new home and she's perfectly fine staying there until she dies of exposure.

I cannot get enough of Drunken Luann. And if I have to wait another nine years to see her, well, so be it."

http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/the-rhonyc-touch-down-in-mexico-like-a-swarm-of-locusts/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm not a prude but most of her humor is so vulgar.  Cocks!  Pussies!  Vaginas!  Fucking!  Ugh.  She's a smart woman with a sarcastic wit.  But she needs to switch it up and use her grown-up words more often.

Does Bethenny know any? Her vicious potty mouth moves double time. She was mildly funny at one time, sadly now she's a caricature of her former self.

Btw, Bravo pays/arranges the trips. Bethenny had no right to say Ramona couldn't go. The only trip BF knows is her own power trip.

Vent over..;) 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, film noire said:

I've been seeing lots of positive attention coming Luann's way -- Entertainment Weekly:

"Oh yeah, and then a very drunk Luann falls into a bush, and then falls off a step, which means, sorry Bethenny, there’s a new episode winner in town."

http://ew.com/recap/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-season-9-episode-16/

E Online: "RHONY’S Luann D’Agostino Sounds Off on her Drunken Tumbles in Mexico: “My legendary hollow leg was full”:

http://www.eonline.com/news/868149/rhony-s-luann-d-agostino-sounds-off-on-her-drunken-tumbles-in-mexico-my-legendary-hollow-leg-was-full

Reality Tea: "I also have to declare that Luann D’Agostino falling into that bush during that cast trip to Mexico was hands down the best moment of this season. Sure, that wasn’t hard to do considering that this season is pretty “blah,” but that fall was instantly iconic and Luann is embracing it instead of being embarrassed."

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/07/23/luann-dagostino-laughs-drunken-fall-bushes/

Tamara: "They didn’t eat until the very late dinner and the tequila just crept up on her. About the fall she says, “when you trip, make it part of the dance.” I love Luann’s attitude toward life."

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/07/20/wwhl-with-luann-dagostino-and-ali-wentworth/

And -- last but not least! - the PTV recap:

"Luann: It took nine years to get Luann drunk on camera, and boy was it worth the wait. In last season's trip to the Berkshires, Luann refers to herself in the third person and dubs herself Teflon. "You can't burn me, baby," she says before wondering aloud if Teflon even burns and laughing it off. That perfectly describes Drunken Luann, a force that won't be stopped even if a piece of bone is shooting out of one of its kneecaps. Unlike the rest of the monsters, Drunken Luann just wants to party and have fun; she's harmless. Like when she falls into the bushes and decides that's her life now. Those bushes are her new home and she's perfectly fine staying there until she dies of exposure.

I cannot get enough of Drunken Luann. And if I have to wait another nine years to see her, well, so be it."

http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/the-rhonyc-touch-down-in-mexico-like-a-swarm-of-locusts/

Thanks for all the time you put into cutting and pasting all that, lol.  But I was talking about Beth getting so much positive commentary on the thread here, actually.  Not on the blogs, which I rarely bother to read. 

But I must say, after reading those excerpts, it still doesn't strike me as being all that positive  ... a lot of it seems to be sort of mocking Luann.  Being the episode "winner" because she got stinking drunk and was content to stay face down in the bushes until she dies of exposure with a broken kneecap, providing the best moment in a blah season ... seems like faint praise at best.  It's not the kind of sincere praise I've seen Bethenny get here for how she handled things on the episode.  Luann may have provided the biggest laugh of the episode, but Bethenny seems to have won over a lot of her critics (at least temporarily) which makes her the real episode "winner" of the week imo. YMMV.  

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Many a person lays claim that Luann is snobby or an elitist because she doesn't show her ass all the time, and keeps somethings private. 

I think the belief that Luann is a snobby elitist is based on her things like her correcting other people's behavior all the time, doing things like grabbing the mic at some fancy function to lecture the crowd about being a disrespectful audience, chiding someone for daring to offer the countess beer from a bottle, lol. Demanding Bethenny introduce her to the lowly chauffeur properly.   The way she could barely conceal her reaction when Alex told her that she actually (gasp!) had a job.  Not because she is so dignified or private.

I wonder if Luann insisted the poor houseman who had to lead her back to her room address her as "Mrs. D'Augustino" while she was puking on his shoes.   Because, you know ... that would only be proper.

2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Nope.  No one knows how Lu really feels.  But that doesn't that mean she 'wants' people to think how she feels.  She may be fine with it and to think otherwise is just as much as an assumption.

Really?  Because it is seems like Luann has mounted a mini-PR campaign to make sure everyone knows just how entirely fine she is with being shown stumbling drunk and falling.  She's trying just a little too hard, I think.  Based on that, and everything else I've ever seen her preach from on high about proper behavior, it makes me think she is not quite as okay with what happened as she wants to seem.  But she's stuck with it, so ... what else can she do, I guess.  But I seriously doubt she is really fine with it.  

Luann no doubt wants screen time and attention from the fans (and press), but I would think if she had her druthers, she would prefer to be the talk of the season for being glamorous and fabulous and spectacularly happy, not for being a sloppy drunk. YMMV

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks for all the time you put into cutting and pasting all that, lol. 

No problem - it took no time at all -- I used the first few links that came up on the search + PTV.

It's not the kind of sincere praise I've seen Bethenny get here for how she handled things on the episode. Luann may have provided the biggest laugh of the episode, but Bethenny seems to have won over a lot of her critics (at least temporarily) which makes her the real episode "winner" of the week imo. 

Not to get too deep into boards on boards, but I didn't get "insincerity" (or "butt of the joke" energy) from all the posts talking about being amused/engaged by Luann being three sheets to the wind -- and if she handles next week with the same grace she handled diving into a bush, she'll be the housewife with the biggest turnaround this season -- talk about bouncing back ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, film noire said:

Not to get too deep into boards on boards, but I didn't get "insincerity" (or "butt of the joke" energy) from all the posts talking about being amused/engaged by Luann being three sheets to the wind

I was referring to the blog excerpts about Luann that you posted, not posts on this board. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I was referring to the blog excerpts about Luann that you posted, not posts on this board. 

I see - sorry, the ref to the board reaction to Bethenny threw me off -- here or there, I think the point stands: the praise for Luann doesn't seem insincere, mocking or damning with faint praise, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

For all of you that have re-watched this episode 157 times - raspberries. PFFFFFFFFTHB.  I've not seen it , even one. measly. time.  Who knew a DVR could run out of space?  So, the clips and summaries have had to suffice.  

I have to say that whether the posts about Lu are mocking or praising, they've made Lu's trip to the bushes the single thing I want to see the most. And I'm not even a fan of Lu. 

My dislike has always been about her condescension.  If she's able to shed that skin and show a fallible human being under there, I could come around.  It would be really surprising if Lu's stumble into the bushes makes me like her more.  Because, typically, sloppy drunks?  No Bueno.  But stranger things have happened to make me change my opinion of a HW.

• Love 8
On 7/20/2017 at 0:22 PM, ButterQueen said:

Yeah, that 1.5 hours late did not make sense.  

Oh, I hope there is a hidden footage special with it all being the Mexico trip.

Just once I would love for the staff to start serving dinner to the one(s) that show up for the meal on time -or first, since these women know nothing of promptness or courtesy.  I want to see the faces on the women showing up for dinner to find the dessert dishes being cleared and all the food has been put away.  Who shows up 1.5 hours late to a meal being served In The House You Are Staying In?

From the Urban Dictionary about "Gavone":

""Cafone" is an Italian word that has found its way into American English slang. It was originally a neutral Italian word meaning a poor peasant. However, in Italian it evolved to mean an uncouth, boorish, ill-mannered person, and that's also what it means in American English slang."

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the belief that Luann is a snobby elitist is based on her things like her correcting other people's behavior all the time, doing things like grabbing the mic at some fancy function to lecture the crowd about being a disrespectful audience, chiding someone for daring to offer the countess beer from a bottle, lol. Demanding Bethenny introduce her to the lowly chauffeur properly.   The way she could barely conceal her reaction when Alex told her that she actually (gasp!) had a job.  Not because she is so dignified or private.

I wonder if Luann insisted the poor houseman who had to lead her back to her room address her as "Mrs. D'Augustino" while she was puking on his shoes.   Because, you know ... that would only be proper.

Those sound like some really old examples of Luann's elitist behaviour. I don't think many would disagree that Luann has certainly had an uppity attitude but I think most would also say that she's shed a lot of the look over the past few years. It's a change that even the other cast have mentioned about her. People are evolving - they are allowed to change and become different people through their experiences and shouldn't be held to a cross because of their past behaviours. I do still think Luann has uppity tendencies (like trying to make the group feel bad for not giving her a better room since she was a newlywed) but certainly not to the extent that she had when she was in that facade of a marriage to the Count. Of the years of Luann being on show,  how her marriage to the Count played out - yeah that I'd see being embarrassing for her. Getting caught on camera cheating on her long-term boyfriend, yup, that falls into the 'embarrassing' category. Getting drunk on a girls trip and falling into some bushes, that's hardly offensive to the senses and it's something that many people could actually relate to. I've seen a lot of this relatively harmless behaviuor and even from my friends parents, it's all in good fun. Normally people don't show up to vacations or weddings or other fun events with the intention of judging how others are having fun so I don't think Luann is trying to do damage control from being the butt of a joke. I think Luann has genuinely entertained and was the highlight for many that episode. As I said, for all her past behaviours that could be embarrassing, this one is so lightweight I have a hard time imagining that it's really that bothersome to her.

• Love 13

On another note, why is it that someone is judged to be a heavy smoker because they have a lower pitch to their voice?  It's one thing to know a person before they smoked and to state their pitch changed after starting smoking but it's another to assume that their voice is a result of heavy smoking.  Maybe that's just their voice. 

Yes, especially when her children have the same lower pitch voice.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, snarts said:

I'm going to put on my speech therapist hat for a moment. So, women's voices actually have a fairly wide pitch range that actually overlaps with a male voice. She has a lower pitch. I don't necessarily hear a smoker's vocal quality though (which typically is a bit gravelly). 

• Love 9

What we do know is that Lu can ski down a mountain beautifully.  She's physically active and is in better physical shape than probably most of us. 

Yeah, Luann wasn't the one seemingly out of breath after her time on the slopes, or getting explosive fibroids and the flu.

Her sister has the same deep voice, too.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

My dislike has always been about her condescension.

Add to that her total fake personality and that is why I have never liked her.  She is a normal nobody from small town in Conn.

The few times she has let her hair down being the loose drinking woman she is, she can be likable. 

It must be exhausting being phony all the time, especially since she is so bad at it.

She should start being real asap cause her marriage is supposedly a goner.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2017 at 9:21 AM, Cherrio said:

Ask her liver.   Her voice doesn't exactly sound healthy either, ala cigarets.

I have a low, raspy voice, had it since I was a kid. People might think it sounds unhealthy too. I don't smoke. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:
On 7/23/2017 at 10:21 AM, Cherrio said:

Ask her liver.   Her voice doesn't exactly sound healthy either, ala cigarets.

I have a low, raspy voice, had it since I was a kid. People might think it sounds unhealthy too. I don't smoke. 

Luann smokes

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 9:24 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm sorry I'm just never going to hate Dorinda for stuff like I will literally take your shit and throw it in the pool

She will do it too!  Dorinda will cut a bitch.  That's why I still like her.  

I can't with Ramona and Sonja.  They are the definition of Ugly Americans and it is so very embarrassing for them.  For all the money they have you would think they would be better travelers.  Horrible that they think because they live in NYC they are so refined and cultured, while in actuality they have no idea about culture or, you know, just acting like normal human beings in public.  I love how Sonja said her daughter would never act this way.  At least she is aware, or does that make it worse??  She did look fantastic while talking to Ramona on the beach chairs, I will give her that.  Ramona on the other hand, dear god.  Who gets a chemical peel and then goes to Mexico??  Or rather, it's 2017.  Who still gets chemical peels???  The staff varied from looking petrified to just smiling politely at the crazy ladies who will hopefully pay well to make this awful assignment at least semi worth it.

Was Ramona trying to say that Andy/Bravo paid for the trip, which is why she still went?  And I'm thinking Beth is paying for the tequila excursion, since that's the part Ramona said she would not attend.  Although in the previews we see she is there, so who knows.

Poor Tinsley just reduced to sobbing into her hands in one scene.  This is too much for her.  These bitches cray cray.

Luann was amazing throughout this entire episode.  I loved seeing her drunk, that was a first.  I loved that she decided to take a dip in the ocean while Roomgate was happening.  I loved that she told the guy helping her with her bags that all the rooms were lovely.  Plus she always looked refreshed and put together, save for the drunkenness that's the first time she's looked a little rumpled.  Oh well.  Her falling in the bushes was everything.  Tequila is no joke.  That shit will mess you up.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

When the others looked wilted Beth remained the picture of tropical eleganza! 

I have to agree Beth looked great at dinner.  Her skin looked really good.  I liked her hair pulled back.  I don't know what Carole was wearing but it was giving her the illusion of back fat when she is thin as a rail.  Tinsley always looks like she slept in her makeup and is still wearing it from yesterday.  Maybe it's too matte or something but it's not youthful and ages her.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Luann smokes

Its funny, I rarely, or have ever seen her smoke I do know smokers, and they sound like gravel, she doesn't

Luann was amazing throughout this entire episode.  I loved seeing her drunk, that was a first.  I loved that she decided to take a dip in the ocean while Roomgate was happening.  I loved that she told the guy helping her with her bags that all the rooms were lovely.  Plus she always looked refreshed and put together, save for the drunkenness that's the first time she's looked a little rumpled.  

I think she always looks great, her skin, her hair I can see why men like her.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, F. M. said:

Its funny, I rarely, or have ever seen her smoke I do know smokers, and they sound like gravel, she doesn't

Luann was on camera smoking with Jules after Bethenny called her a whore, slut, plastic fuckdoll.  Dorinda also smokes, but we have just seen her excusing herself for a cigarette-in the middle of filming.   

• Love 7
Just now, zoeysmom said:

Luann was on camera smoking with Jules after Bethenny called her a whore, slut, plastic fuckdoll.  Dorinda also smokes, but we have just seen her excusing herself for a cigarette-in the middle of filming.   

Oh yes, I remember now. I guess if she smoked a lot, we'd see it in various photos of her, haven't seen any...oh well.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Oh yes, I remember now. I guess if she smoked a lot, we'd see it in various photos of her, haven't seen any...oh well.

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean she doesn't smoke a lot. There are celebrities who are heavy smokers and make an almost herculean effort not to be seen smoking. 

The best example I can think of is is the British group, Girls Aloud. 3/5 members are basically chain smokers, but in the 15 years they've been famous I've seen less than ten pictures of any of them smoking. Victoria Beckham is said to be a secret smoker as well.

Not sure if this is the case with Luann, but it is possible.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Was Ramona trying to say that Andy/Bravo paid for the trip, which is why she still went?  And I'm thinking Beth is paying for the tequila excursion, since that's the part Ramona said she would not attend.  Although in the previews we see she is there, so who knows.

Last year, Andy said that Beam Suntory was paying for the entire trip, which was why Bethenny was allowed to not invite particular people. This year, Mexico is the cast trip and Bravo is splitting some costs with Beam Suntory. I think you're correct in assuming the tequila excursion is the part that Beam Suntory is paying for. It looks like Bethenny caves. I suspect because she realized that if she banned Ramona, Sonja might stay with Ramona. They'd have a camera crew with them. It would shift the narrative to being about Bethenny and Ramona's fight instead of the tequila. So it's better to have Ramona there with a warning to be on her best behavior.

11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

9 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I suspect Jules smoked like a chimney because I think we saw her smoking 3 or 4 times on camera.

Did anyone see Sonja drink from the margarita on the tray while the server was holding it?

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean she doesn't smoke a lot. There are celebrities who are heavy smokers and make an almost herculean effort not to be seen smoking. 

The best example I can think of is is the British group, Girls Aloud. 3/5 members are basically chain smokers, but in the 15 years they've been famous I've seen less than ten pictures of any of them smoking. Victoria Beckham is said to be a secret smoker as well.

Not sure if this is the case with Luann, but it is possible.

Yup, anything is possible.I still like Lu.

22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Last year, Andy said that Beam Suntory was paying for the entire trip, which was why Bethenny was allowed to not invite particular people. This year, Mexico is the cast trip and Bravo is splitting some costs with Beam Suntory. I think you're correct in assuming the tequila excursion is the part that Beam Suntory is paying for. It looks like Bethenny caves. I suspect because she realized that if she banned Ramona, Sonja might stay with Ramona. They'd have a camera crew with them. It would shift the narrative to being about Bethenny and Ramona's fight instead of the tequila. So it's better to have Ramona there with a warning to be on her best behavior.

I suspect Jules smoked like a chimney because I think we saw her smoking 3 or 4 times on camera.

Did anyone see Sonja drink from the margarita on the tray while the server was holding it?

Yes, I saw her take a drink. I hope Bethenny lowers her voice when she uses her vulgar language when they go on the trip,

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I question if Suntory Beam was paying for the whole trip.  I doubt they were paying for production.  They may have supplied airfare and lodging, but the main issue is Bravo wants these women together filming. I believe the biggest expense is always production, the wages, equipment, lodging, meals.  Last year's message was Sonja was a risk because  of  her unwillingness to adhere to "drinking responsibility" the BS line the liquor industry tries to sell the world.  Bethenny tried to extend it to Luann and she wasn't having any of it.  I am not saying Andy is lying but I do smell a little misdirection.  Many of these trips have comps attached to them for exposure

I believe air time of the tequila tour without some fight would be limited.  It is not an infomercial for Suntory Beam, it is RHONYC.  Not that we haven't seem significant branding of Skinnygirl. 

Yes she did and then put it back.  I think Sonja is suppose to be on the wagon.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, F. M. said:

For the most part, the women who smoke don't want to be seen doing it in public. There is a huge stigma attached to it, so they avoid it when they can. I think it was Alex who said years ago that the ones who smoke work hard to keep it off camera. We have seen Lu do it, and others have said she is a heavy smoker, and we saw Sonja trying to hide her cigarette behind her back when she was with the Pirate years ago. LVP caved and smoked with Ken a few years ago on vacation, and there was a scene this season where you could see smoke billowing around her when she was slightly off camera. But they don't want to do it when the cameras are rolling for the most part. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

My dislike has always been about her condescension.  If she's able to shed that skin and show a fallible human being under there, I could come around.  

I've developed a grudging admiration for how Luann faces down hostility, but this is the first time I've found her "likeable" (who knew if you took the stick out of her ass, Luann turned into a woman made of jello, giggles and Olympian stumbles?)  A couple of people mentioned Ramona up thread in that scene as being amusing (and she is) but she's so heinous the rest of the trip, it's like throwing a grain of salt into an ocean (full of floating deck chairs).  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

For the most part, the women who smoke don't want to be seen doing it in public. There is a huge stigma attached to it, so they avoid it when they can. I think it was Alex who said years ago that the ones who smoke work hard to keep it off camera. We have seen Lu do it, and others have said she is a heavy smoker, and we saw Sonja trying to hide her cigarette behind her back when she was with the Pirate years ago. LVP caved and smoked with Ken a few years ago on vacation, and there was a scene this season where you could see smoke billowing around her when she was slightly off camera. But they don't want to do it when the cameras are rolling for the most part. 

If they are caught off guard on camera, with the paparazzi, that's what I meant..

• Love 3