Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Pretty sure that's Jed and Jer. Jason is a lot shorter than Jed, and this guy looks tall. Jer looks oddly young in this picture, but it's not James.

I don't think that's Jer. Jer is usually the same height as his twin. I think it's Justin. 

Also could someone with social media ask Jana who's in the photo?

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Liddy52 said:

In my church here in small town Georgia, people often request prayers for "traveling mercies,"  generally meaning that their upcoming trip will be a safe trip. So I think she is thankful that their trips have been safe.

Yes; aka ‘don’t let us get killed while we’re away from home’.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

If this was on an episode and you all forgot to tell me.....shame on you.

Yikes, what a crew. Hopefully Jedi uses this in his campaign. How manly. Sinner twin seems halfway normal but the others are, shall we say, unfortunate looking and acting. What did they do with those limos? Is this another JB scheme?

• Love 3
On 11/28/2019 at 8:44 PM, drafan said:

WTF is "traveling mercies"? All I can think of is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and we all know she doesn't wear pants....or have fun friends.

For a hot minute I thought Jana was being thankful for the Anne Lamott book. But then I realized that Anne, while a wonderful writer and hilarious twitter follow, isn't the right kind of Christian for the Duggars. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Despite having all of those shoes and clothes, she still can't put together a decent outfit.  Oh well, at least she can donate everything back to the thrift store where she bought it.  🤣

Does she really own all those shoes?  That's a lot of shoes even if you are "buying used & saving the difference", which I doubt they are.

• Love 9
On 11/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, ginger90 said:

73F08F40-B0BA-4E1C-823E-6AA330868802.jpeg

On 11/29/2019 at 4:43 PM, Temperance said:

I actually think that's Jason and ... Justin (in the Newsies) hat. Jason looks like he's Jed!'s twin.  

On 11/29/2019 at 5:31 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Pretty sure that's Jed and Jer. Jason is a lot shorter than Jed, and this guy looks tall. Jer looks oddly young in this picture, but it's not James.

Hopefully the guy on left isn't Jed!2020. He looks stoned to me.

1 hour ago, Marthalord said:

No I don’t think so. It was the corner of the girls room I’m gonna say

Well as far as we know at least Jana doesn't have to share bunkbeds like the SAH Maxwell daughters(or even her own brothers.)

To whoever asked about the limo video- that clip was from one of the Counting On shows. Not sure if this season or last. IIRC, The boys had a partial cross country ride to bring three limos home from a seller near DC.  The only thing I do remember correctly is that they bought the limos without test drives & of course,  one broke down along the way.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wow, is it normal for someone's wardrobe to be that... bland... color-wise? I see a lot of mustard (of course), gray, and beige. Where's the color??? The only thing that pops out is the blue sweater... in the giveaway pile!

I was thinking the same thing. So bland, just like her online persona. 

The limo shenanigans were earlier this season. Jed! looked like an idiot for not test driving the merch before buying.

• Love 8

The keep pile is at least 3 times the size of the giveaway pile. That's a lot of shoes. The shoes in the right corner (quilted-texture slides) look they came from Target. I just tried on a pair of shoes like this and I didn't buy them, because they didn't feel great on. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wow, is it normal for someone's wardrobe to be that... bland... color-wise? I see a lot of mustard (of course), gray, and beige. Where's the color??? The only thing that pops out is the blue sweater... in the giveaway pile!

Well, Jana is pretty bland herself. I think her upbringing, constantly being told that, as a female, her opinions and wishes were secondary to those of the men in her life and, being forced into a life of servitude raising her siblings from the time she was about 7, has made her feel overlooked and insignificant; which might be why she chooses clothes that blend into the scenery.

I do have a friend, however, whose wardrobe is about 90%  black and white, the remaining 10% is dominated by gray and navy.  Virtually all of it solid, no patterns except for the occasional stripes. She's a wonderful person with a great personality otherwise, she just likes black and white.

One of my sisters also prefers darker, somber, colors.  She just doesn't do light and bright and also seems to have an aversion to pattern.  She's actually working on diversifying her wardrobe and adding more color, but still goes with deep purples and greens, nothing too bright.

Myself, I am a magpie and like bright colors.  My favorite is a pure red.  I also have to force myself to buy some solid colors as I love patterns.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Does she really own all those shoes?  That's a lot of shoes even if you are "buying used & saving the difference", which I doubt they are.

Most of them look really cheap, like Target or Payless specials.  One thing that I've learned is that cheap shoes don't last and often hurt your feet so you end up wearing them less than a well made pair of reasonably priced shoes.

Please remind me to hide my shoes if you ever come to visit,  I've got a lot more shoes than Jana does.  I do, however, have a full time job for which I need to dress and I also pay for them with my own money unlike Jana who probably has to ask Jim Bob for some cash when she wants new shows.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It's all so boring, like her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Jana doesn't mention giving any of her hand-me-downs to Johanna.  I'm sure there were at least a couple of things that Hannie would appreciate getting. 

Jana isn't going to "give" anything to Johanna because none of that stuff "belongs" to Jana at all. It is de-facto "hers" because she's the only J'slave left at home. This is all just as much a show as anything else they do and means nothing at all.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Please remind me to hide my shoes if you ever come to visit,  I've got a lot more shoes than Jana does.  I do, however, have a full time job for which I need to dress and I also pay for them with my own money unlike Jana who probably has to ask Jim Bob for some cash when she wants new shows.

To you & the other shoe lovers on this thread - I was not judging shoe ownership by any of us normal folk.  I was judging Jana specifically, since you know, they do things a little differently with their thrifty ways.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

To you & the other shoe lovers on this thread - I was not judging shoe ownership by any of us normal folk.  I was judging Jana specifically, since you know, they do things a little differently with their thrifty ways.

It was just fun thinking we were going to shock you. ! lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Looks like Jana doesn't even have a closet for her own things. She gets a small clothing rack in the corner of her shared bedroom. What a sad wardrobe she has. I bet dollars to doughnuts that she is also 'maturity delayed' just like many of her siblings. Doing chores in your mother's house does not make one mature. I know from personal experience. LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE brings maturity and the ability to learn how to make decisions. Jana has not had those opportunities.

• Love 14

Bland like Jana. Whether she started out that way or was conditioned over time hard to tell. The Bates girls have a modicum or style so it doesn’t seem strictly forbidden. I think by used etc has gone by the wayside for the most part unless they are filming a segment buying children’s clothes. Joanna Gaines doesn’t tout it. 

PS. I love shoes!  I should go get some old ones ready for donation and take them to an Arkansas thrift shop and see if they ever make the show!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 11/30/2019 at 9:43 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Yeah, it's kind of awful IMO; the kind of color scheme I saw some clever author once characterize as "woods and weeds".  Though, I look particularly hideous in autumn colors like orange and rust; whereas maybe Jana does not.  Branch out into some jewel-toned clothes though, dang.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Is Jed@2020's post to get us  familiar with the Collingsworth name?  As in a possible courtship with a Duggar guy?   Are they sweet family friends of the Duggars & most importantly,  are there any daughters of courting age?

ETA: just noticed the second picture.  Who is the blonde between Laura & Jana?  

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Is Jed@2020's post to get us  familiar with the Collingsworth name?  As in a possible courtship with a Duggar guy?   Are they sweet family friends of the Duggars & most importantly,  are there any daughters of courting age?

Maybe one of the Collingsworth family? Seems like Laura is around again. Whatever happened to her career? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't know, but I like her top. It's way better than Jana's mustard cardigan.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

It's Olivia Collingsworth. (I think she's a ginger). She's a fundie influencer and lead singer of her family band. She's only wears skirts and dresses but unlike the Duggars she manages not to look like a frump.

She also sang at Jabbie's wedding. 

Edit: I though she was around Jana's age but she's only 19. Perfect marrying age for Jedboy.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I though she was around Jana's age but she's only 19. Perfect marrying age for Jedboy.

She looks like she might be taller than him. Those Duggar boys are pretty short.

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

She looks like she might be taller than him. Those Duggar boys are pretty short.

Jed is one of the taller boys. In the group photo he appears a little taller than her, and that's while he seems to be leaning a bit. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like Laura is around again. Whatever happened to her career? 

Laura is always there. I doubt she ever left for her big career opportunity as they claimed. It seemed more like a PR move to difuse the Jana & Laura rumors.

• Love 13