Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

That wood tile can be very attractive and practical when done well (I'm wanting it for my kitchen eventually as I have hardwoods throughout the house) but the key to it being attractive, IMO, is that you make the grout blend in with the wood so that it doesn't LOOK so much like tile (aka fake wood). I also don't mind the reclaimed wood island, it's just that the colors are all wrong with the floor tone AND the busy pattern created with the grout lines that shouldn't be visible like that just make it worse. I know a lot of people are over gray (I'm not, I love it as a neutral for my living room (area rug, sofa, armchair and walls) and use curtains, throws and accent pieces to bring in color. Much easier and cheaper to change the color scheme when you get tired of a color) but I think a cool, gray wood (or wood tile, if that's what they wanted for this area, with a blended-in gray grout) would have worked better here.

I assume Austin must have had a hand in this - it's very similar to his kitchen, particularly the island reclaimed wood.

• Love 4

I've been really charmed by how smitten JD is with Abbie, but I was thinking about it today and smitten is cute, but marriage is for a lifetime. I hope that there is enough substance there, and that they have enough in common as people to make this work.  Jill and Derick were smitten early on and marriage hasn't been kind to them (IMO). Lots of us have had relationships that were fun and exciting at first, and then hit snags as personality differences emerged. JD and Abbie are really far down the road in their world, and I hope that it works out for them . . .

• Love 12

So from Jill's instagram, we see she ran into JD and Abbie having smoothies.  I'm guessing Abbie's family isn't doing the whole chaperone thing like the Duggars do, but I am wondering where she stays when she's in town.  Like for Si's wedding.  I can't see JD flying out that morning to go get her and then flying her back late that night.  Is she stuck in the girl's dorm with Jana?  If I were JD I certainly wouldn't want that.  I'd be terrified she call off the courtship after living around the dirty, unwashed masses who are on Duggar time.

• Love 12

If I remember hearing or reading correctly, Abbie and her family have known the Duggars for a long time. She probably already knows about the Duggars unwashed masses. Right now she and JD think they are in love (can I really say that because they do not know each other well enough to be in love.) It is a fresh new relationship for her, and he is probably happy he is allowed to court, and a female outside his family is giving him the time of day.

So I had my first (and hopefully last!) Duggar dream last night.  I dreamed I was asked to take Josie to the hospital.  Michelle couldn't because she was receiving a "treatment" in her private quarters.  So along with a carload of howlers, I took Josie to the hospital.  I felt terrible leaving her there all by herself so I ended up going back to the hospital, to find that her hospital gown was all wet and no one was watching her.  The other children in the ward all had families and seemed to be having celebrations.  I went to the nurses and said that no one was watching Josie so I was going to spend the night with her because someone had to be there and I got her a clean gown.  That's all there was to the dream and I have no clue why I was dreaming about Josie Duggar.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I can't see JD flying out that morning to go get her and then flying her back late that night.  

I can see that happening. Does he have many other regular responsibilities to attend to?  And I thought once courting, that is all they do. 

According to an USweekly "exclusive" JD and Abbie are engaged. I wonder what happened to the families deal with People Magazine?  Maybe People has decided that these people aren't relevant anymore?

• Love 7
(edited)

I called it for Monday but they went with the news on Tuesday, oh well. We all knew already that those two were engaged. Congrats and now John can finally have his own thread.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7

July 25, 2018

We are thrilled to announce the engagement of John-David and Abbie! They are a wonderful match and make a beautiful couple! Abbie is a lovely young woman, full of tenderness and compassion. She has a deep love for the Lord and we are so delighted that John-David has asked her to be his wife! We love weddings in this family and can’t wait for this next one!

CA404234-B2E9-4136-BC83-932C55535A37.jpeg

• Love 5

I think the whole family is nuts...but I will say, he genuinely seems happy and so does she. I'll provisionally be happy for them but reserve the right to remove that as soon as they say something bigoted or homophobic. :)

• Love 24
(edited)

They're already my favorite Duggar couple and I've just known about them for a couple weeks, which probably says more about the other Duggar couples than it does about them.  They don't wear well.

Based on the photos, JD definitely wins for most charming proposal.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18

Congrats to JD and Abbie! The engagement photos in the airplane hangar are really cute.  I like how he incorporated flying into the proposal, considering all those airplane trips to Oklahoma were what enabled them to get together. I also think her ring is really pretty.

It does seem like this came about awfully quickly, but they appear genuinely happy and in love. It's the complete opposite of watching a groom being dragged to the altar like a hostage while his teenage bride parrots Jesus phrases and hopes for the best (cough, cough, SiRen). 

• Love 15
(edited)
32 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Congrats to JD and Abbie! The engagement photos in the airplane hangar are really cute.  I like how he incorporated flying into the proposal, considering all those airplane trips to Oklahoma were what enabled them to get together. I also think her ring is really pretty.

It does seem like this came about awfully quickly, but they appear genuinely happy and in love. It's the complete opposite of watching a groom being dragged to the altar like a hostage while his teenage bride parrots Jesus phrases and hopes for the best (cough, cough, SiRen). 

I am waiting to see what happens. I think the whole thing was rushed along by JB because people have been asking for years about JD and/or Jana to  find someone start courting and get married. He got Josh married off first, then the girls who were molested, and now the boys are going to the alter to tie the knot. I would not be surprised if Jana will be the next one to start courting and getting married.

Edited by bigskygirl
56 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I think the whole family is nuts...but I will say, he genuinely seems happy and so does she. I'll provisionally be happy for them but reserve the right to remove that as soon as they say something bigoted or homophobic. :)

I agree.  It's nice to see JD looking like he has some life in his eyes, but I'm cautiously optimistic.  Apparently Abbie and her family are koolaid drinkers and even though she has some education and possibly works, I really worry it could go the way of Jill and Derwood.  Remember how hopeful we all were over him??  I sincerely hope they are both happy and don't act like asses.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I would not be surprised if Jana will be the next one to start courting and getting married.

I hope it is indeed Jana next but if not, I think Kendra's sister Lauren will be encouraged to be with one of the twins in the coming months.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, graefin said:

Abbie is a female who got an education in order to get legitimate credentials to permit her to work in a real-world setting, and judging by her age and the average rate of hair growth, also believes in getting hair cuts. That's as progressive as it's going to get for this family.

My hair never gets any longer than hers is in the picture. It's also got about the same amount of curl, meaning that when it's wet it probably falls way below her bra line. I've grown my hair out for about 4 years at a clip a few times, with only a tiny trim here and there, but it invariably just starts thinning out rather than getting any longer at that point. 

It may well be that she just keeps her hair at the max length it will get before it starts looking as though she actually has less than more.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wedding dates:

1 Anna Renée Duggar (née Keller) and Josh Duggar - September 26, 2008

2 Derick Michael Dillard and Jill Duggar - June 21, 2014

3 Benjamin "Ben" Michael Seewald and Jessa Duggar -November 1, 2014

4 Jeremy Joseph Vuolo and Jinger Duggar - November 5, 2016

5 Austin Martyn Forsyth and Joy-Anna Duggar - May 26, 2017

6 Kendra Renee Duggar (née Caldwell) and Joseph Duggar - September 8, 2017

7 Lauren Milagro Duggar (née Swanson) and Josiah Duggar - June 30, 2018

So we can expect September or November wedding? The wedding focus on May/June and September/November only

oops, maybe November, didn't realize that September is awfuly close

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Wedding dates:

1 Anna Renée Duggar (née Keller) and Josh Duggar - September 26, 2008

2 Derick Michael Dillard and Jill Duggar - June 21, 2014

3 Benjamin "Ben" Michael Seewald and Jessa Duggar -November 1, 2014

4 Jeremy Joseph Vuolo and Jinger Duggar - November 5, 2016

5 Austin Martyn Forsyth and Joy-Anna Duggar - May 26, 2017

6 Kendra Renee Duggar (née Caldwell) and Joseph Duggar - September 8, 2017

7 Lauren Milagro Duggar (née Swanson) and Josiah Duggar - June 30, 2018

So we can expect September or November wedding? The wedding focus on May/June and September/November only

Interesting. I think it's a coincidence though. They typically get married 3 months from engagement. Could be October for JD & Abby.

• Love 4

Maybe Abbie will do what Anna did and have the wedding in her hometown at her local church.  Jill started the trend of having 1,000 people at Duggar weddings by inviting the entire congregation of Cross Curch to attend.  She didn't even know most of the people who were at her wedding!  TLC will film it no matter where it is.  It's about a four-hour drive from Abbie's home to Springdale, AR.  If the wedding is near the Duggar compound, many of Abbie's friends probably won't be able to attend. 

• Love 1

Congrats to the happy couple. JD looks genuinely happy.  Also, the beard works for him.  

The fact that they are actual adults, and not just barely of legal age makes me hopeful.  JD seems to have more drive than most of his siblings.  I would be willing to bet that he has a nice little nest egg stashed away somewhere.  They seem to be less concerned about the ridiculous courtship and chaperone rules, and, of course, their baby making window is going to be a lot smaller.  

• Love 8

I am hopeful for these two. They are older.  They seem to have been actually dating - without chaperones.   They seem to be comfortable enough together to actually touch each other without acting like an alarm is going to go off.  JD has always struck me as someone who has opinions about how his life IS going to go even if he is quiet about it. 

Example: 

JD - I want to be a pilot. 

JB and Michelle - you can’t do that. When you get married, you might be gone overnight and that can’t happen.  

JD ends up being a pilot. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I am very happy for them, but I am also sick of having "courtship" explained (People article, I think).  Courtship is dumb.

Edited by BetyBee
forgot the "f"
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Interesting. I think it's a coincidence though. They typically get married 3 months from engagement. Could be October for JD & Abby.

If Josie Bates is getting married October 5th then I say a week or two after her's since the Bates boys will be in JD's wedding party.

• Love 2

I believe they've been engaged for a while since they didn't mention a date. It probably even happened before Josiah's wedding. They could have saved this announcement for the premiere, so they must have a huge one coming next Monday.

d17f440f-217a-4fbd-acbb-fef502c55bf6.jpg

304ea1e7-50d2-4c25-9de5-e5875baeb396.jpg

18e36754-e691-41b8-a09a-9df677e94e17.jpg

• Love 8
(edited)

LOVE the engagement pictures! So classy that they incorporated the planes. I bet that they have been courting for a long while now. I wasn't a fly by night I met you and want to court you situation. Abbie seems to be in Tonitown a lot....perhaps getting her wedding and homestead ready. 

OMG they are so darn adorable!!!! Love!!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I am hopeful for these two. They are older.  They seem to have been actually dating - without chaperones.   They seem to be comfortable enough together to actually touch each other without acting like an alarm is going to go off.  JD has always struck me as someone who has opinions about how his life IS going to go even if he is quiet about it. 

Example: 

JD - I want to be a pilot. 

JB and Michelle - you can’t do that. When you get married, you might be gone overnight and that can’t happen.  

JD ends up being a pilot. 

JD only flies planes because he got permission from JB. He works for daddy and daddy owns his planes and pays for his planes and the other expenses. It is a win win for JB. In otherwords, JD was permitted to be a pilot because JB needed a pilot in the family.

One of the Leghumper Instagrams claims she knew of the engagement since 6/26. I am dubious, but I do think that they've been engaged for a couple of weeks. I'll call a mid-October wedding.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

JD only flies planes because he got permission from JB. He works for daddy and daddy owns his planes and pays for his planes and the other expenses. It is a win win for JB. In otherwords, JD was permitted to be a pilot because JB needed a pilot in the family.

True. But it’s a skill JB can’t take away. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I hear you BigSkyGirl, but I'm not so sure. First, flying is Fundy approved. And second, I just don't believe JB has that much power over his kids other than the continuous brainwashing form birth. I'm sure he knew that Josh working for FRAC was a big risk as far as the molestations being exposed, yet Josh took the job. I think he likes to think he has that much control though. I also think being in the public eye works for and against JB in regard to controlling his children in that he can't be an outward asshole. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

One of the Leghumper Instagrams claims she knew of the engagement since 6/26. I am dubious, but I do think that they've been engaged for a couple of weeks. I'll call a mid-October wedding.

Isn’t that around the date everything was released regarding JD & Abbie?  I guess I could see them waiting for an engagement to announce, but I can’t imagine she’d want to wait a month to wear her ring and show it off for Duggar Time.

• Love 1

Josh's ego and pride told him to take the job. He knew the molestation and cheating scandals would hit the fan, but he could care less. JB controls JD because he pays for the plane and all the other expenses for Duggar Aviation. He had to get permission to be a pilot, so yes, JB has control over him. Now if JD was to go out and get a pilot job where he would be flying heathens and female hussies around and limits the size of his family he has with Abbie, along with her having a full time nursing job and actually having a babysitter or a day care center taking care of their children so the both of them could have their own careers, then I would say JD has complete control over what he does.

4 minutes ago, saylubee said:

Isn’t that around the date everything was released regarding JD & Abbie?  I guess I could see them waiting for an engagement to announce, but I can’t imagine she’d want to wait a month to wear her ring and show it off for Duggar Time.

It is the exact date their courtship was announced.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can see that.  In one of the pictures from the SiRen nuptials, Abby was wearing a corsage.  I cant see either father springing for corsages for just any female guest. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

The most emotion JD has shown was when he talked about angry he was with Josh, and I would bet that JD gets to be a pilot and has some measure of independence because JB's biggest nightmare isn't Josh 2.0, it's that JD finds his moral compass and spills the truth about the fucked up shit in that family. 

I so agree with this!  Even before he got his pilot's license, JD was working with heavy equipment and I believe he even flipped a house or two before it became trendy.  He has definitely shown that he is not afraid of work, and actually went out and found jobs to do, unlike his siblings.  Maybe he did not get to go to college, but without a wife and kids to support, he was able to try different things, save some money, and prove he could support himself.

But yes, I bet Daddy was terrified he would either leave or spill the beans, so planes!

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I so agree with this!  Even before he got his pilot's license, JD was working with heavy equipment and I believe he even flipped a house or two before it became trendy.  He has definitely shown that he is not afraid of work, and actually went out and found jobs to do, unlike his siblings.  Maybe he did not get to go to college, but without a wife and kids to support, he was able to try different things, save some money, and prove he could support himself.

But yes, I bet Daddy was terrified he would either leave or spill the beans, so planes!

Exactly! IIRC, there's several girls between JD and the next youngest boy (Joseph?), so I'm guessing JD was "allowed" to pursue any and all interests that kept him too busy to question how his parents were handling Josh. The girls could be shut up by being told to be submissive, but JD hasn't ever seemed like much of a "babble bible verses and pretend to be smart" type, so they couldn't just steer him around telling him to forgive Josh because bible; instead, they let him be as busy as needed to keep him from paying close attention. Plus maybe they figured letting JD channel all his energy into construction/house flipping/law enforcement meant he wouldn't pull a Josh while bored or curious. 

In fact...this might also explain why Joe got to go to Clown College for a semester, and why Josiah went to Alert eleventy billion times-they were literally trying anything and everything to distract/exhaust/redirect the boys in order to insure no one got handsy again, or asked too many questions. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can see them being engaged since then because they have been way too touchy feely.  I agree too that Abbie was given a corsage for the wedding because she is somebody not a no body.  I suspect that they have kept the engagement  underground for a while. Abbie is hanging out in Tonitown why? I think to get the wedding coordinated and to set up her new house. In conclusion this whole, courting and sudden engagement didn't happen overnight. They just waited for the perfect famewhoring moment to announce.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 14