Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Just curious:  Was Justin in a buddy group?  If so, who was his sister-mom?

The cynic in me (thanks COVID-19) asks, what does it matter if Justin gets married at 18, 21, or 25?  Will his life be any different if joins into a fundie marriage?  Would he really be that much more worldly/experienced/ready at 18, 21, or 25?  His lot in life was determined from birth, it would seem.  He may as well get on with it.  

Now I am cynical and depressed for him!

I do think John David benefitted from getting married at an older age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

The really crazy thing is that at the point JB likely thought Josh was the one with a political future, many of the younger boys were still school age children.   Are we expected to believe that JB could tell at that point that there wasn't any potential at all in the rest?

Even old Joe Kennedy had his dreams dashed when his eldest was killed in WWII and decided he had to pivot if he wanted to capture the White House.

My post was unclear. I didn't mean to imply JB felt his disappointment about not having potential politicians five years ago, although I think he knew he had to skip JD and Joe. I'm thinking now, in the current time, he likely hasn't gotten over the fact that Josh screwed it up.

• Love 5

I should clarify, Elijah has lived with the Duggars for several years, has been seen on the show, (Jessa's deck) is registered to vote at the TTH address, travels with Mediccorps etc so I assume/infer he has been staying in the boys dorm for several years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

This girl is a shapeshifter.  In some pics, she looks like Jana.  In some pics, she looks 30.  In some pics, she looks exactly her age. 

All I know about Justin is that he looks the least Duggarish, IMO.  And I forget he exists until he appears on screen.  I do wonder what prompted this particular match instead of pairing her with one of the older boys. 

I agree with Claire. But take a look at the 4th picture from the mom's post, Justin looks like JB's mini me.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

In the photos above she looks a lot more youthful.

She may have just been trying out a new makeup look for the official courtship photo and it makes her look harsher than she is.

Yes. Socializing is perfectly legal among older teens and younger teens. 

Yep, in those pictures they look like two 13-year-olds. 

And in one of them she looks exactly like Jana. 😁

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, lianau said:

From Claire's mother 

You know, sometimes I wonder what God's been up to as all the horrible stuff that goes down in the world goes down in the world..... And it turns out he's spending his time arranging teen marriages. 

I mean, I knew it had to be something super important for humanity and something that wouldn't happen without him, right? 

....To Hilary S -- Ah, you greatly love Justin. But do you severely love him? I wonder if he wouldn't be much better off marrying one of those Rodrigues girls. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

According to Internet sleuths, Claire is born in February. So it's almost 2 years, but technically less. Justin turns 18 in November, and Claire will 19 until February 2021. 

I actually would be more bothered if she were younger. Maybe it's just bias, but it's also that he is the headship and I'd worry a 19 year-old guy might feel the need to feel in charge and lead his partner. (Joshua Bontrager was older when he started courting, but he's a good example of this kind of mentality.)

It's a smaller age gap than Ben and Jessa. The biggest age gap in an underage Duggar courtship goes to Joy and Austin. Austin later revealed that they started courting when she was 17. He was 21 when she was 17.  They didn't go public until she was around 19 and then they got married about six months later. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So now you don't have to watch the show to hear the announcement. Interesting he used the words "an official relationship" not courtship.  It was fun watching the reactions, some rather bland and odd kind of smile, Jinger though Jeremy was making up for it with his extra big smile, at one point it looked like Lauren was reminding Si to smile. Ben seemed happy but when Jessa was blathering about finding a way in pandemic to be together,  blah blah he kind of rolled his eyes and rather unenthusiastic agreement.  They are so predictable. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How many Duggar boys got skipped in the courtship order...the twins?  James?  Jeff?  Job?  Are they supposed to court and marry in birth order, or am I thinking of a Jane Austen novel?  Wouldn't JB be wanting to rassle up a mate for Jed!2020 to make him not look like a weirdo who sleeps in a twin bed next to his brother and uses discarded highway chairs to furnish his bachelor pad?  

This is all so and bizarre.  At least Justin can grow facial hair so we know he's at least partially through puberty. 🤮

It WAS kind of a thing in Austen's time, wasn't it? Remember how appalled Lady Catherine was that all of the Bennet girls were "out," even before the older ones were married? People start to wonder what's wrong with the older ones if they don't marry before the younger. Wasn't that also the plot to Taming of the Shrew? I mean, look at Jana - dozens and dozens of pages spanned over her lack of a husband, made all the more glaring since all of the siblings close to her age are married off.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Ben seemed happy but when Jessa was blathering about finding a way in pandemic to be together,  blah blah he kind of rolled his eyes and rather unenthusiastic agreement.  They are so predictable. 

As Jessa unconvincingly said "When you're in love," deep down inside the eyerolling Bin suppressed a desperate urge to leap up and scream, "For the love of God don't make the same mistake I did!!!"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

hahahaha - God brought Claire into his life and he wasn't really expecting it and God brought her along right when he needed her? that's weird wording even for a teen fundie male who himself has been praying for a female. his parents and his siblings have been praying for his perfect mate since the day of his birth etc

• Love 6

What the fuck is up with stupid fundies thinking this boy child is a great catch for their teen daughter?!

You are literally selling your daughter to a kid that looks 12 for a little bit of fame.(someone on reddit who supposedly knows the Spivey's said they are starstruck by the Duggars)

Screenshot_20200921-155133_Instagram.thumb.jpg.dddc7b7dfac5ea71c98977db2a5756e4.jpg

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

What the fuck is up with stupid fundies thinking this boy child is a great catch for their teen daughter?!

You are literally selling your daughter to a kid that looks 12 for a little bit of fame.(someone on reddit who supposedly knows the Spivey's said they are starstruck by the Duggars)

Screenshot_20200921-155133_Instagram.thumb.jpg.dddc7b7dfac5ea71c98977db2a5756e4.jpg

There's little that I loathe as much as being surprised by Jim Blob's offensive smiling puss. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

I don't know why this is the detail that bothers me out of all of this, but in the baseball hat pic, why do both their hats say Justin? Shouldn't one of them be Claire? Hers if it's a cutesy self reference or his if it's a wearing each other's names thing?

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Look how much Spivey dad (right?) is LOVIN' being in this photo that'll get TeeVee-family-level exposure on the interwebs. He is eating his newfound secondhand fame with a spoon......

Although I continue to believe that they also have a touching faith that JB has a lot of money that their daughter can now be part of. 

Dumb-asses. 

• Love 11

Meet The Spiveys

Claire’s Father is Robert Tarver Spivey, Jr. (b. 1973).  Rob is one of 4 Children born to Robert Tarver Spivey, Sr. + Shirley Lynn (Long) Spivey (1957–2012), of Little Rock, AR.  He has 2 Brothers (Jesse and Jeremy), and 1 Sister (Shelley).  Rob is a contractor by trade.  He owns Spivey Construction—an LLC based in Fort Worth, TX, which does “residential and light commercial remodeling.”  He started his business in 2006, when Claire was ~5 Years Old.

Claire’s Mother is Hilary Yvonne (Atherton) Spivey, 42 (DOB March 19, 1978).  She is the first of Gary Marvin Atherton (1951–2019) + Peggy Yvonne Weaver’s (b. 1949) 4 Children.  Her 3 Siblings include 2 Sisters—Gari–Anne (b. 1980) and Jackie Leigh (b. 1989)—and a brother, Ross Earl (b. 1984).  Growing up, Hilary was homeschooled, along with her siblings.  The Athertons appear to hail from Texas, and most—if not all—of them still live there.

Hilary + Robert married in Tarrant County, TX on September 18, 1999.  He was 25 or 26, and she was 21.  Thus far, they have 6 Children—Claire (b. 2–27–01), Robbie (b. 11–20–03), Paige (b. 6–29–06), Wyatt Slade (9–5–10), Taylor (b. 11–11–12), and Carson Lynn (b. 6–22–16).  The Spivey–Athertons seem to affiliate with the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) and Advanced Training Institute (ATI):  In October 2019, they attended ATI’s ALERT Family Camp—and, it looks like that wasn’t their first time attending.  With their ATI affiliations, the Spiveys probably homeschool; however, thus far there is no definitive proof of that.

• Useful 16
6 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Meet The Spiveys

Claire’s Father is Robert Tarver Spivey, Jr. (b. 1973).  Rob is one of 4 Children born to Robert Tarver Spivey, Sr. + Shirley Lynn (Long) Spivey (1957–2012), of Little Rock, AR.  He has 2 Brothers (Jesse and Jeremy), and 1 Sister (Shelley).  Rob is a contractor by trade.  He owns Spivey Construction—an LLC based in Fort Worth, TX, which does “residential and light commercial remodeling.”  He started his business in 2006, when Claire was ~5 Years Old.

Claire’s Mother is Hilary Yvonne (Atherton) Spivey, 42 (DOB March 19, 1978).  She is the first of Gary Marvin Atherton (1951–2019) + Peggy Yvonne Weaver’s (b. 1949) 4 Children.  Her 3 Siblings include 2 Sisters—Gari–Anne (b. 1980) and Jackie Leigh (b. 1989)—and a brother, Ross Earl (b. 1984).  Growing up, Hilary was homeschooled, along with her siblings.  The Athertons appear to hail from Texas, and most—if not all—of them still live there.

Hilary + Robert married in Tarrant County, TX on September 18, 1999.  He was 25 or 26, and she was 21.  Thus far, they have 6 Children—Claire (b. 2–27–01), Robbie (b. 11–20–03), Paige (b. 6–29–06), Wyatt Slade (9–5–10), Taylor (b. 11–11–12), and Carson Lynn (b. 6–22–16).  The Spivey–Athertons seem to affiliate with the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) and Advanced Training Institute (ATI):  In October 2019, they attended ATI’s ALERT Family Camp—and, it looks like that wasn’t their first time attending.  With their ATI affiliations, the Spiveys probably homeschool; however, thus far there is no definitive proof of that.

I sort of know some people from Tarrant County.  By way of Words with Friends.

36 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

I don't know why this is the detail that bothers me out of all of this, but in the baseball hat pic, why do both their hats say Justin? Shouldn't one of them be Claire? Hers if it's a cutesy self reference or his if it's a wearing each other's names thing?

“Justin” is a brand of boots. That is their logo on the hat. The hat wasn’t made specifically for THIS Justin. Haha

but, yea, I totally get your point. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, wait.what said:

“Justin” is a brand of boots. That is their logo on the hat. The hat wasn’t made specifically for THIS Justin. Haha

but, yea, I totally get your point. 

I figured it must be a brand name, but to me that photo only works if he's got a Claire hat or she's the only one wearing the hat. Both of them wearing Justin hats just makes me think that they think he's the only important one in the relationship (which might be true, but UGH).

I spent the weekend going through and scanning some of my photos from high school (20 years ago) and a lot of his photos from his first Insta remind me a lot of that. And none of that seems ready for marriage. Or marriage plus immediate children to raise. 

They both looks happy in the photos (which is more than I can say for some of these announcements), but they both look about 14 and I won't be able to get past that any time soon.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Her mom posted him on her page last November, that's like a 10 month courtship. Definitely waiting for the boy to turn legal to announce an engagement. Lucky for this dumb girl he turns 18 next month. I'm guessing a Christmas wedding and a baby by next September on their 9th monthiversary. 🙃.

Well a Christmas wedding would be a first for the Duggars.  I know the Bates as well as the Maxwells have had them.  I can already imagine heavy red velvet dresses accented with green bows.  Jana better get a tune-up on her sewing machine.

3 hours ago, lianau said:

From Claire's mother 

Doesn't  Jim Bob own any other jacket except that black puffy one?  He has to be wearing it for years now.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

So basically Justin is the same age as Ben when he got involved with 20 year old Jessa.  Wonder if they too will have have a long courtship, which vexed Jessa or get married when Justin turns 18.

They've already been courting for about a year.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This sounds very similar to Josie Bates and her now husband, except Josie was the younger one. They met when Josie was 16 and were told they couldn't date. They "waited for each other", started courting when she was 18, got engaged and then married a couple of months after her 19th birthday.

Since Claire is already 19 and Justin turns 18 in November I'm going with Christmas engagement and Valentine's wedding. Sex is more important than covid or guest list size, although I'm sure they'll find a way to still invite guests in the hundreds and most will show up. 

The Duggars can have their very own super-spreader event. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How are mask/distancing regulations there? Just trying to picture the wedding, which should be around Valentine's Day.

Not sure about Tarrant County. Dallas County has mandatory masks in public places. I think Denton and Collin Counties are a little looser with regards to mask regulations, although they have fewer cumulative cases (they're more suburban). Tarrant County is home of Fort Worth.

Here's a link that I found for Tarrant County - face mask regulations are extended to November 30th, not sure about after that.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/08/25/tarrant-county-extends-face-mask-order-november-30/

• Useful 4