Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Jana reminds me of Genie Francis (Laura on General Hospital for you young folks). She has a sweetness and gentleness to her. Her Facebook is pretty boring with the non-stop religious stuff. I would enjoy seeing her express something about herself that doesn't involve religion. Tell us about a hobby, a favorite book, or something pretty you saw.

• Love 3

People are posting on Jana's wall that there are groups that will help her leave if she wants.  It would be great if someone would post actual links. I doubt Jana would use them but  other poor girls might.

Wow I just read some of the messages. Run Jana Run was one of my favorites. but seriously the poor girl is so brainwashed that I doubt she will ever escape.

I also read that Boob, Bitchelle, and Tim Tebow's mother got together for an event and visited TTH the following day. Of course, they're now speculating it's with Jana in mind for Tim Tebow...

• Love 1

Is it the lighting or in the Facebook pics does it look like Jana has cute her hair much shorter? Also looks darker but that might be filter. Talking about the Jana/Josie and Jana/JD pics.

I think it is the filter making her hair look darker. Regarding the length, Jana and Jinger seem to have settled on bra-strap level long hair, which IMO, is a pretty and appropriate length for women their ages. Jessa and Jill are the only ones clinging to scraggly, waist length hair that looks ridiculous. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I also read that Boob, Bitchelle, and Tim Tebow's mother got together for an event and visited TTH the following day. Of course, they're now speculating it's with Jana in mind for Tim Tebow...

Nothing would surprise me related to Boob pimping out one of the girls for publicity but hey, maybe ole Tim is just who Jana needs in her lfie.  Stranger things have happened.

• Love 2

Here is the same article I posted on the last page. The only reason I'm posting it again is because this has a picture of Tim. He looks exactly like Bin. Kinda freaky Boob has a "type."

http://starmagazine.com/2014/11/26/jana-duggar-tim-tebow-perfect-couple/

• Love 3

Interesting. Usually, Duggarfam, Jill, and Jessa pimp each other's stuff, not the other way around. But if Quick on the Banhammer Jessa (she got me, and I don't remember posting anything!) didn't delete it, it must be legit.

Jessa deleted the Jana FB comment. People didn't seriously think it was legit, did they? 

• Love 2

Jana posted a Happy Thanksgiving message with a picture of her and Joy in full makeup. They both look stunning.

"Psalm 143:8

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,

for I have put my trust in you.

Show me the way I should go,

for to you I entrust my life"

That's beautiful. And, she looked happy the next morning. I love Jana. While I hope she finds a fulfilling future, I do think her past has found her great faith. To me, she is a little Ruth.

• Love 2

Addressing the Tim Tebow rumors: Jim Bob is no dummy. Even though Tebow would take their built in Nanny-slave away from Arkansas (GO Jana, GO), he's no idiot. A Tim Tebow/Jana Duggar wedding would bring unprecedented ratings to TLC, topping even the Gosselin Divorce. People that never set eyes on the Duggars or anything that TLC broadcast, would tune in. The ESPN crowd would watch. Jim Bob would sell his daughter off for ratings like that, make no mistake. 

I actually hope that there's a shred of truth to these rumors. Tebow could support Jana without Jim Bob's help or control, and yes, she'd get to experience a life outside of Arkansas. He's not a typical football player (if he ever even plays again, which I doubt). Therefore, I don't think she'd be subjected to the same experiences as a typical football wife. And he seems like a nice, humble, reasonably cute guy. College degree. 

I DO think that Jim Bob would have a panic moment at the end, maybe at the church, as he's about to walk her down the aisle, to REALLY losing a daughter, and not seeing Jana for awhile if she moves up north due to Tim's broadcasting job. Michelle, however, would just see the paycheck and the face time in front of the camera for a Fundie Royal Wedding. MAYBE she'd panic once she realized that all the work would fall to Jinger, who is the family rebel and is most likely to take her track pants and go (doubtful, but still the most possible) and Joy, who is young, and already beaten down and the job of raising her siblings would be too much for her. Michelle may actually have to raise her own children if Jana goes. Poor kids.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 7

I would love to see Jana with Tim Tebow...it's her chance of a normal life outside of her family without having to compromise herself as a person or her beliefs. The one thing I feel if this were to happen though, Tim would not put up with the Duggar's silly courting rules...if he and Jana wanted to kiss during their relationship,, so be it. And the Duggars could not do a thing about it, honestly. They would have to eat crow and admit on camera.....Tim and Jana chose to kiss during their courtship...or whatever they would refer to it as. Maybe Jana would decide to wear pants in the future, too, and I also don't see Tim agreeing to having a perpetual chaperone or believing that they must have as many children as the Lord gives them...he's conservative but nowhere near as Fundamentalist as the Duggars are.

• Love 5

I like Jana, I'm afraid that if I were subjected to a Jana's Engagement or Jana's Wedding special I might start to dislike her. I'm willing to risk that though if it gives her a chance to get away from that ridiculous family.

• Love 3

I would love to see Jana with Tim Tebow...he's conservative but nowhere near as Fundamentalist as the Duggars are.

That's why I think it will never happen.  I wish it would.  Money talks in the Duggar family, and Tim has plenty of it.  Jana could have any life she desired, without relying on anything from Pa Duggar.  But I just don't think Tim is religious enough to satisfy the Duggar standard.  

I don't like Tim Tebow and find him obnoxious. I would hope Jana would find a much better match.

No offense meant, I don't follow football so I don't much about Mr. Tebow. You know more than I do. He may be obnoxious but I don't know if they can really find a "good" match.  I don't think there is a good match possible for her or for anyone unless they leave the Duggar cult. I think as long as Jim Bob can pick their mate, their stuck with someone who will be part of the fold or willing to enter the fold. I have trouble envisioning what a good match would be within courtship rules, especially for the ones I like. (For example, Jana)

Edited by Temperance

If moving to "a big city" for Jinger was limited to "she means a town that has a Wal-Mart and of course not New York because that would be inappropriate for a proper lady" then there's no way JB is going to make a match with a Tebow.  Tim Tebow is basically required to live in a big city and/or be away from his family a lot unless he decides to completely change careers or coach small-town high school football or something.

I don't think there is going to be a Tebow Jana date and marriage. No way JB isn't going to allow the wedding to be filmed. Timbow doesn't need money or fame even if he does suck at football. He has that. He also has a real education, job, experience. I would think he would want a normal woman, not girl. Jana is sweet but I don't see anyone but fundie guys or famewhores knocking down JB DOOR.

• Love 1

Still don't understand the Tebow/Duggar talk. They are on completely different planes in every way except that they are religious. I can't in a million years imagine what the Tebows would see in the match. (Not against Jana, but who would want to put up with the classless, uneducated and proud of it Michelle and JimBob as inlaws?)

• Love 7

(Not against Jana, but who would want to put up with the classless, uneducated and proud of it Michelle and JimBob as inlaws?)

Exactly, GEML. I don't do football at all but perhaps the only parallel between the Duggars and Tebow is conspicuous performative faith?

Hope you are doing okay post-surgery.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 1

There's a fund raiser request on that site for funeral expenses for a child. OK, maybe but the goal is $50,000. Hum, that just doesn't seem like something a Duggar would post on their page. First because with all the things that bug us about them they don't ask for money on their public pages and second $50,000 for funeral expenses sounds like a scam. It just seems odd...

• Love 2

Confused...what do you mean, not the real Jana? Is the picture photoshopped?

I think the person is saying that it's not Jana's FB. It might not be. The official Duggar pages (like on Instagram or Twitter) usually shout out and link new media pages any time anyone joins social media.

• Love 2

I think the person is saying that it's not Jana's FB. It might not be. The official Duggar pages (like on Instagram or Twitter) usually shout out and link new media pages any time anyone joins social media.

Thank you. And funerals do not cost $50,000 either.

I like Jana, I'm afraid that if I were subjected to a Jana's Engagement or Jana's Wedding special I might start to dislike her. I'm willing to risk that though if it gives her a chance to get away from that ridiculous family.

I don't think Jana would get on board with that nonsense.  I can see them have a beautiful wedding on the beach.   HOPING!

I doubt that a courtship/wedding will happen with Jana and Tim Tebow, but there's a part of me that would love to see a wedding just to see the other sisters' reactions, especially the ones who are already married (including Anna).  Jill was the first to marry and Jessa was the first to court and then marry, and I'm sure that they all genuinely seem to love their husbands, but I wonder if there would be some sort of jealousy (or jealous facial expressions) or resentment from them as to who has the "better" husband.

• Love 2

Jill was the first to marry and Jessa was the first to court and then marry, and I'm sure that they all genuinely seem to love their husbands, but I wonder if there would be some sort of jealousy (or jealous facial expressions) or resentment from them as to who has the "better" husband.

I think that will come later. Right now, both Jill and Jessa are very enamored and I think they each believe that they have the "best" spouse. I would bet, though, on down the road that will crop up. Right now I think that Jill believes she "won" because her husband has done missionary work, and Jessa believes she "won" because she thinks Ben is better looking than Derick.

A few years from now, they may be measuring things differently: who has the most kids, the most money, etc. They are all really competitive, so I would bet they do make comparisons (even if they are not saying these things out loud).

• Love 4

I doubt that a courtship/wedding will happen with Jana and Tim Tebow, but there's a part of me that would love to see a wedding just to see the other sisters' reactions, especially the ones who are already married (including Anna).  Jill was the first to marry and Jessa was the first to court and then marry, and I'm sure that they all genuinely seem to love their husbands, but I wonder if there would be some sort of jealousy (or jealous facial expressions) or resentment from them as to who has the "better" husband.

Just another in a long line of issues when the father runs adult children's lives. Of course there will at some point be jealousy/resentment about who has the "better" husband because they weren't allowed to chose their own. They had to take whoever Daddy offered. So if one of them gets a guy who is considered a 'prime catch', it comes across as favoritism. That doesn't happen when you let your kids grow up, develop friendships, develop romantic relationships and pick her own spouse. 

• Love 1

Just another in a long line of issues when the father runs adult children's lives. Of course there will at some point be jealousy/resentment about who has the "better" husband because they weren't allowed to chose their own. They had to take whoever Daddy offered. So if one of them gets a guy who is considered a 'prime catch', it comes across as favoritism. That doesn't happen when you let your kids grow up, develop friendships, develop romantic relationships and pick her own spouse. 

This is such an interesting comment to me. Sibling rivalry is almost a given. You love your sister, but you want to better her in some way in the eyes of the parent. If your father designs this much of your future, emotional sib stuff is bound to pop up to the possible detriment of the marriage. Hadn't thought about that. 

• Love 1

This is such an interesting comment to me. Sibling rivalry is almost a given. You love your sister, but you want to better her in some way in the eyes of the parent. If your father designs this much of your future, emotional sib stuff is bound to pop up to the possible detriment of the marriage. Hadn't thought about that. 

I think it is bound to cause problems even if you manage to not want to "better" your sister. These girls aren't choosing these guys from a  pool of people they meet. They aren't meeting them until Dad determines it is an appropriate match - based on paper credentials not a relationship/friendship that develops naturally. So if one sister is offered a guy with no education and no job and another sister is offered a guy with a job, an education, a home of his own not in the same town as the family etc. How can that not make one sister feel like she's not worth as much as the other. The biggest problem is that they are so conditioned to believe this is what they want that they won't know the choices they gave up for years when it's way too late. 

• Love 2

I like the Tebow/Jana thing only because it would be a true "out" for her, in that she would not have to rely on her father at all for money. But the likeliness of it happening is the same as the Duggars coming out and announcing that they've been trolling us all along and are really a family of satanist lesbians. 

• Love 6

Jellybeans the prayer closet is really getting full tonight.

Time to enlarge it.

I don't know why people are talking about Tebow/Jana, just because his mom visited the Duggars does not mean Tebow gets a gift-wrapped wife for Christmas.

Where is this coming from???

I visit women with daughters and do not expect my son to date them....

• Love 3

Time to enlarge it.

I don't know why people are talking about Tebow/Jana, just because his mom visited the Duggars does not mean Tebow gets a gift-wrapped wife for Christmas.

Where is this coming from???

I visit women with daughters and do not expect my son to date them....

I think it's like real life shipping. But it just makes it weirder because... well it's real life for these people.

On the Jill and Derrick thread, someone posted a pic of Jana, Joy, and Jill. Jill's choice of tops is rather unfortunate, which was the reason for posting. But a couple of people jumped in and criticized Jana's attire. They think she dresses too young. While I thought her outfit was fine, this is not the first time she has been criticized. I don't know what these people want the poor girl to do. She has been raised in a culture where women has no professional aspirations, and her life is going to be tending to kids and the house. I personally think she's overdressed for what is expected of her. I'd like to see her in T-shirts and shorts or yoga pants, so at least she can be comfortable. Sad that even that little dream for her won't come true.

• Love 1

I think if you compare Jana to the Bates girls, particularly Alyssa and Erin, she does dress a little immaturely for her age. She doesn't look bad by any means, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for her to pep up her style a little bit. She's starting to blend into the walls.

• Love 1

What is Jana supposed to do, when she shares clothes with her younger sisters and Jill and Jessa probably took the nicer, more age appropriate clothing? It's not like she can go out and buy a few nice things for herself, she doesn't (can't) have a job.

Besides, even if Jana did have something of her own MEchelle would make her give it to another kid anyway.

• Love 2

I saw the picture and though that Jana looked fine. I thought that the sweater was cute, and it fit her -- unlike the clothes that so many of them wear. Don't even get me started on the layers of rags that some of her sisters choose to wear.

• Love 2

I apologize if this is more fitting for the questions thread, but I could have sworn I remember hearing something quite a while back about Jana chatting with and showing interesting in a man that Jim Bob didn't approve of?

I really hope Jana is doing what makes her happy and has the freedom to choose her own path!

Edited by purpleflowers

I apologize if this is more fitting for the questions thread, but I could have sworn I remember hearing something quite a while back about Jana chatting with and showing interesting in a man that Jim Bob didn't approve of?

I really hope Jana is doing what makes her happy and has the freedom to choose her own path!

If Jim Bob didn't approve of a young man, you can bet a jar of pickles that it would never become anything.  She couldn't possibly court someone JB didn't like because the man would ask JB's permission to court, which he wouldn't give.  

Jana most definitely does not have the freedom to choose her own path.  The extent of her freedom is that she can reject someone JB suggests, but that's about it. She can't meet a man, chat with him, date and get to know him.  That's just not the MO of the Duggar family.

The truth is that Jana is an adult and her parents can't legally stop her from walking away from the whole mess. But, she is so indoctrinated and of course her family is all she knows, so I do not really believe it will happen. Makes me sad for her.

• Love 2

Yes, Jana doing something outside of her family's strict doctrines--if that's what she wants--seems very unlikely. Ugh, as if I didn't feel bad enough for Jana already...I went and watched "14 Kids and Pregnant Again", and Jana was in charge of, get this, cleaning her parents bedroom! How the heck were M and JB not able to take care of their own quarters? Sometimes this family makes my brain hurt!

• Love 3

Yeah, I can't imagine Jana trying to get out or go against her family's rules. It seems easy when you say it but we have to think about how incredibly daunting and terrifying that would be for someone who isn't even allowed to go to Walmart alone. Not to mention the fact that she probably loves her kids and wouldn't want them to be punished by her "rebelling". Can you imagine how much those kids would suffer or how tight those reins would get? She may not even want to hurt her parents. Terrible or not, she might love them, as people generally do. That's a sticky situation.

It kind of reminds me of when my parents had such a tight grip on me in high school. My friends would say "Just say that you're leaving and leave" or "just tell your parents to go screw themselves". I couldn't do that because as frustrated as I was, I'd rather be frustrated than hurt them.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 6

Honestly I think expecting Jana to just 'leave' because she's an adult and legally can do so is a bit like expecting an abused woman to just leave her husband. Her parents have cut off every life line - no education, no money, no outside friends, no contact with anyone who thinks differently. Honestly if she was being treated that way by a man rather than her parents she would be considered to be in an abusive relationship. Just because they bounce around acting happy doesn't make it a happy or healthy situation.

• Love 16