Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Nooooo! Do not get engaged at someone’s wedding! Sheesh!

No, no he will do something big within the week of the wedding or after not during. I think the planes will be part of his proposal plan. Without the plaines they wouldn't have been able to see each other as much as they did. I don't think Boob will have another courtship like Jill who never really saw Derick except for on the internets.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

No, no he will do something big within the week of the wedding or after not during. I think the planes will be part of his proposal plan. Without the plaines they wouldn't have been able to see each other as much as they did. I don't think Boob will have another courtship like Jill who never really saw Derick except for on the internets.

JD will probably do something aerial to propose, like this:

Counting On.jpg

• Love 8
Just now, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

This is exactly what I had in mind. I have the Kleenex out already because I want to really cry when it happens. I think JD really deserves some happiness after all the years of hard work he has put in keeping his father in business. (tow truck, car lot, fixing up properties, etc.)

• Love 15

Does anyone know if Abby actually has a job? There's lots of speculation about whether she will quit or continue working but so far all I've seen evidence of is her having a degree, not actual employment as a nurse.

• Love 5

She doesn't have a degree, she has a license.  She did a one year program.  

I keep making an issue of it because we know how the forum gossip works.  If we don't get it on track from the beginning, we'll be fighting the facts for years. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

This is exactly what I had in mind. I have the Kleenex out already because I want to really cry when it happens. I think JD really deserves some happiness after all the years of hard work he has put in keeping his father in business. (tow truck, car lot, fixing up properties, etc.)

When you think about it, all the kids have kept JB in business because without his children where would be JB be at. He would be a bigoted, hypocritical, narcissistic nobody with his nineteen kids and TLC. And now it looks like Jeremiah will be the next one sold off to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

If Duggar University starts up, JD can teach flying and Abbie can teach first aid for missions. It's a perfect marriage.

I seriously doubt it would happen. Without JB's help, JD would not be flying planes in the first place or even have a plane of his own.

https://www.pontotoctech.edu/ftp/practicalnursing

Medical Terminology

Nursing Concepts

Pharmacology and IV Therapy

Mental Health

Anatomy and Physiology

Medical/Surgical I

Medical/Surgical II

Fundamentals of Nursing

Pediatric Nursing

Transition to Practice

Long Term Care

Clinical I

Clinical II

Clinical III

Clinical IV

Clinical V

Legit courses that mirror Nursing courses.

Props for AbaDaba for getting awarded a state license...far and beyond any lunkheaded Dugg will aspire....

AbaDaba and JD would be perfect for missionary work... both have useful skill sets.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Yow. He’s actually pretty hot, and looks nothing like his twin. Weird genetics. I wonder if one of the twins will have twins? 

I wouldn’t say hot but ok for a Duggar.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

How original!???

• Love 1

Jana will figure out how to mow the marriage proposal message with a grid pattern as soon as Sia's wedding reception is over...

Jana will  fire up the mower and get on the job when JD is ready to pop the question...

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She doesn't have a degree, she has a license.  She did a one year program.  

Eep, sorry! Not American or English speaker so sometimes the nuances are a little beyond my ken, my bad!

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Yow. He’s actually pretty hot, and looks nothing like his twin. Weird genetics. I wonder if one of the twins will have twins? 

All of the female Duggars have a higher chance of a fraternal twin pregnancy since Michelle had two sets of fraternal twins. The best bet for one of the twins having twins is Jana. 

ETA: I didn't know that Abbie has fraternal twin sisters. JD has a higher chance of having twin children then. 

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Eep, sorry! Not American or English speaker so sometimes the nuances are a little beyond my ken, my bad!

A friend of mine has been an LPN for years.  I remember when he went through the program at the local CC.  It was 4 full quarters, with intensive clinical experience at the hospitals, and prerequisites had to be completed prior to entry.  Each state no doubt does it differently.

Unless one has taken chemistry, algebra, and other college-bound courses beforehand, it's more than a one calendar year gig, at least in the PNW.

• Love 8

AbaDaba gets a high five for earning her LPN but don't award her with a "Genius Award" just yet...not until we find out of she is gainfully employed now or has ever been.....

As of right now the only "genius" proclamation is for the controlled smushing of the baked potato...

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Could it be possible that she became a LPN to provide care for her family and/or future children?

The million dollar question will be will she be allowed to work if they get married because *gasp* her job is to be joyfully available and produce children right and left.

Jer looks exactly like Boob but somehow managed to turn out cute. How weird.

Regarding Abbie, I think she'll follow the typical Fundie pattern of quickie engagement/marriage followed by immediate pregnancy. However I do give her credit for being able to get into and complete a real training program. Nursing isn't an easy major, so she definitely has some level of smarts.

• Love 12

I remember JD giving advise to one of the siblings, he said " The newlyweds should take the first year of marriage and get to know each other." He does not seem to be the kind of guy to jump into things quickly. So Im hoping that they do similar to JinJer and wait a year to have babies., since he is also having a "long distance relationship. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, graefin said:

Jeremiah puts to rest the rumors that teeth whitening is only for Duggars females ?

I’m the rumor spreader! 

And he doesn’t have the Charlie Brown hair either! 

I don’t know, I bet that education will convince Mrs. JD that she can indeed do a home birth. I have to see her in action first before I decide what she’s like. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Abbie, I think she'll follow the typical Fundie pattern of quickie engagement/marriage followed by immediate pregnancy. However I do give her credit for being able to get into and complete a real training program. Nursing isn't an easy major, so she definitely has some level of smarts.

At least I trust her to homeschool the kids well. She has smarts, plus people with smarts usually are better at admitting when they don't know something. Hopefully she would find other tutors for the kids when it came to subjects where she wasn't well-equipped. 

• Love 6
On 6/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

And I was big fan of Clay Aiken back in the second season of American Idol. The best part of that was making some great friends whom I still keep in contact with. Many of us "Claymates" met first in online forums and then later in real life at concerts and such (my favorite hangout was the LBFCA "Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken" board) . I wasn't nearly as obsessive as some of the ones who went to concert after concert all over the country, but I guess I was obsessive enough! LOL 

Sorry, that was wildly off topic, but that's what the name "Clay" always conjures up for me.

It's a not uncommon name in the South where they more often use family names as given names. It's generally short for Clayton.

A guy from the North who I have a crush on is named Clayton and goes by Clay. He's in his 50s, though, and it's probably not nearly as common now to name babies.

• Love 1
On 6/30/2018 at 8:33 PM, andromeda331 said:

How about both hop in the plane close the door really quickly and fly off. 

Abbie: "Where are we going?"

JD: Cayman Islands. We're elope. And we're not coming back!

Abbie: Wait we need a witness.

Jana sits up. "Have you tried wine before? Its really good." Jana smiled. "I'm now on permanent vacation."

Down on the ground. Justin "Is the plane suppose to be flying away?"

JB "I'm sure he's just...going around in circles."

Jackson: Its getting further and further away.

JB No, JD wouldn't do that. JD I FORBID YOU!"

Michelle: Jana, my drink is empty." No response. "Jana, my drink is empty." JB looks worried.  Michelle looks scared.

Back up in the plane. JD: Did you move all the funds off shore?"

Jana: "I left them 19 cents." Leads back. "I haven't had a day of since before Jill was born. I'm going to do nothing but eat, drink and do whatever the hell I want. 

that was freaking hilarious!!!!  i lol'd!

• Love 7

Well, what do you know?  John David finally started a relationship.  My loathing for most members of this family knows no bounds, but I’m quite happy for him.  I always thought he was a pretty decent (if somewhat boring) guy, at least as compared to the vast majority of his adult siblings.  Now, if we can just get poor Jana out of that prison house.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Now, if we can just get poor Jana out of that prison house.

That most likely will never happen. Jana is the glue that holds that household together. They all know it.  Losing her to marriage (and it WOULD be a HUGE loss) would mean serious consequences to the littles. The bigs who are left could really care less about them, at least in seeing them through their days. And Jana knows it.  So she stepped up to make sure the littles are at least fed and clothed, with basic hygiene taken care of.  If she leaves, those littles (Josie, Jenni, etc.) are going to suffer.  So she doesn’t leave. And will never, IMHO. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

That most likely will never happen. Jana is the glue that holds that household together. They all know it.  Losing her to marriage (and it WOULD be a HUGE loss) would mean serious consequences to the littles. The bigs who are left could really care less about them, at least in seeing them through their days. And Jana knows it.  So she stepped up to make sure the littles are at least fed and clothed, with basic hygiene taken care of.  If she leaves, those littles (Josie, Jenni, etc.) are going to suffer.  So she doesn’t leave. And will never, IMHO. 

I understand all of that, but a girl can hope!  I hope her mother is proud of herself.  She’s basically stolen Jana’s life from her.  It’s tragic. 

• Love 17

MEchelle honestly could care less, imho.  She did her duty by filling JB’s quiver.  She was a “Godly” woman and had as many kids as God wanted to send her she could before the “next season of life came”.  What happens after that imho is none of her concern. She is needed at seminars to retell her tired story over and over and over.  

I absolutely loathe that she tells people that once upon a time they were “early birds” and would be at music lessons at 7:30 am. Now, she claims, she and the older kids stay up till all hours talking and praying together. They sleep in now, unable to make early wake ups. Hence “Duggar time”.  Those people never kept an early (or decent) bedtime. We saw it on the show!  Kids (littles) falling asleep on the stairs. Kids asleep on bare mattresses still in the clothes they wore all that day.  Those kids never had a “normal” bedtime. Or a routine.  Duggar time is a direct result of their not being parents and creating a sense of order in their home.  It was mass chaos 24/7.   Still is, imho. 

And yes, it’s truly sad that Jana’s life was stolen from her.  Because her parents refuse to parent the 20 children they have.  I include J’Tyler in that. 

Who had the brilliant idea to allow them to foster a kid when they can’t care for their own properly?  Smh. 

• Love 22

Not to defend JB&Michelle, but I don’t think they’ve stolen Jana’s life. Jana isn’t dead yet (firstly) and she’s only 28 (secondly). I’m sure she’s got things in her life she enjoys. I’d rather be Jana than Jill....or even Jessa. 

• Love 21
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

MEchelle honestly could care less, imho.  She did her duty by filling JB’s quiver.  She was a “Godly” woman and had as many kids as God wanted to send her she could before the “next season of life came”.  What happens after that imho is none of her concern. She is needed at seminars to retell her tired story over and over and over.  

I absolutely loathe that she tells people that once upon a time they were “early birds” and would be at music lessons at 7:30 am. Now, she claims, she and the older kids stay up till all hours talking and praying together. They sleep in now, unable to make early wake ups. Hence “Duggar time”.  Those people never kept an early (or decent) bedtime. We saw it on the show!  Kids (littles) falling asleep on the stairs. Kids asleep on bare mattresses still in the clothes they wore all that day.  Those kids never had a “normal” bedtime. Or a routine.  Duggar time is a direct result of their not being parents and creating a sense of order in their home.  It was mass chaos 24/7.   Still is, imho. 

And yes, it’s truly sad that Jana’s life was stolen from her.  Because her parents refuse to parent the 20 children they have.  I include J’Tyler in that. 

Who had the brilliant idea to allow them to foster a kid when they can’t care for their own properly?  Smh. 

Wow, no wonder the introverted children want to get away, lol.  I'm exhausted just reading about spending "hours" talking to my family every day.  2 is about the limit, and that's after I've not seen them for several months.  If I saw them every day, I'd near-literally have nothing to say to these people; and I wouldn't have had that much more to say to them when I was being "raised in the church" either.  

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Wow, no wonder the introverted children want to get away, lol.  I'm exhausted just reading about spending "hours" talking to my family every day.  2 is about the limit, and that's after I've not seen them for several months.  If I saw them every day, I'd near-literally have nothing to say to these people; and I wouldn't have had that much more to say to them when I was being "raised in the church" either.  

I had to give in and spend the day with my mom yesterday. She been asking me to go do something with her for a week. I had plans last Sunday, but I would have begged off even I didn't. I passed on July 4, and have been saying I couldn't blow her off again. She asked me to go look at furniture with her yesterday, my personal version of hell since I've literally been shopping for the same fucking furniture with her for like 4 years and she's so miserable about everything, nothing is right and she hates it all. I feel like I've done my daughterly duty for at last the rest of the month now. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I had to give in and spend the day with my mom yesterday. She been asking me to go do something with her for a week. I had plans last Sunday, but I would have begged off even I didn't. I passed on July 4, and have been saying I couldn't blow her off again. She asked me to go look at furniture with her yesterday, my personal version of hell since I've literally been shopping for the same fucking furniture with her for like 4 years and she's so miserable about everything, nothing is right and she hates it all. I feel like I've done my daughterly duty for at last the rest of the month now. 

One good thing about my anxiety and depression is the fact I was told to stay away from my family because being around them or talking to them can cause my anxiety levels to act up. My counselor did tell me to try to talk more with my husband, but I do not feel like talking much the last few months. I am not saying I do not love my hubby, but I like peace and quiet when I do not feel well.

I cannot imagine being in a room with one or more Duggar and trying to have a half way decent conversation with one of them. I probably will be calling someone asking to get an emergency appointment with the psychiatrist and asking her to double the dosage of my anti-depressant and anxiety meds or asking them to set up a room  for me in the inpatient mental health unit at the local hospital.

Edited by bigskygirl

We don't get a choice in family members, but we do get to choose our friends. With some family I have to limit my time with them. Just small spoonfuls at a time, in order to keep myself from either being hurt or angry. As a matter of fact, the other day my mother got really upset with me because we'd gone to visit my sister. We had a nice afternoon, and while everyone was still happy, I told my mom, "It's getting later. We should go now." In her typical style, she didn't want to leave yet, and lo and behold, my sister started becoming annoyed and short in her words. When we got in the car, I said to my mom "Your problem is that you always overstay. If you would just make your visits short and sweet, and then no one would be aggravated by the time you leave."  She was very upset,  but I feel this is the only way she'll get it. 

I look at other mother/daughter relationships and I'm envious that ours can't be like theirs. Personalities, along with histories,  can really get in the way of that. 

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, zenme said:

We don't get a choice in family members, but we do get to choose our friends. With some family I have to limit my time with them. Just small spoonfuls at a time, in order to keep myself from either being hurt or angry. As a matter of fact, the other day my mother got really upset with me because we'd gone to visit my sister. We had a nice afternoon, and while everyone was still happy, I told my mom, "It's getting later. We should go now." In her typical style, she didn't want to leave yet, and lo and behold, my sister started becoming annoyed and short in her words. When we got in the car, I said to my mom "Your problem is that you always overstay. If you would just make your visits short and sweet, and then no one would be aggravated by the time you leave."  She was very upset,  but I feel this is the only way she'll get it. 

I look at other mother/daughter relationships and I'm envious that ours can't be like theirs. Personalities, along with histories,  can really get in the way of that. 

Along with the furniture shopping, I agreed to go to a casino with my mom. That's what she really wanted me to do last Sunday and on the 4th, so I knew when she called yesterday about the furniture shopping, we'd end up at one and was mentally prepared for it. She tried to be all coy about it at when we stopped for a late lunch, early dinner, she slipped it in. Of course that turned into her bitching non stop about how she wan't winning and it was a scam/rip off. Uh.... duh. Are you new to a casino? And why the hell have you been begging me for a week to go? Finally I told her she was sucking all the fun out of my playing with her constant bitching and she shut up. 

• Love 5
On 7/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, BitterApple said:

As I understand LPNs, they are skilled above medial assistants but no where near RNs.  I worked at an MD office that had a cancer and hematology infusion center. LPNs were allowed to do certain infusions like iron infusions for people who were anemic, but were not let anywhere NEAR the chemo. RNs only on that. Med assistants did things like taking vitals (Weight, BP, pulse) drawing blood, giving SOME injections (like B12)  and entering data into patient charts. 

The Med Assts were paid less  per hour than me, a receptionist. The LPNS made more than Med assistants, but about 1/3 the hourly wage of RNs.  Some of the LPNs were smart people who just didn't have the resources to go to nursing school, or were working while pursuing their RNs, but many of them were of average intelligence who went to technical schools. They had learnt skills like starting an IV, but don't really have what I would consider clinical judgement skills.  Just my observations. 

• Love 9